Cheat Sheet

Friday Fantasy Cheat Sheet – Rd. 4

Get your round four selection info, trade tips, rookie rankings, captains picks and more.

Welcome to a new article for DT Talk this season; the Friday Fantasy Cheat Sheet.

Ben of the @BeaufortBeaus takes a look at the most popular trades of Round 4 so far.

Most Traded In

Jy Simpkin has been superb in North Melbourne’s midfield so jump on now while he’s still cheap. Lachie Neale is on fire but it should be flagged that he’s bound to attract a tag soon, starting with Keays or Gibbs this Sunday against Adelaide. Meanwhile Mr Worldwide (aka Marc Pittonet) has been a game changing cash grab in the ruck, but if you’ve got the money Todd Goldstein is looking like a guaranteed 100 every week.

1. Jy Simpkin (MID/FWD, $585,000) 👍
  2. Lachie Neale (MID, $856,000) 🚩
  3. Marc Pittonet (RUCK, $384,000) 👍
  4. Louis Butler (DEF/MID, $170,000)
  5. Steele Sidebottom (MID, $797,000)
  6. Christian Petracca (FWD, $671,000)
  7. Todd Goldstein (RUCK, $736,000) 👍
  8. Laitham Vandermeer (MID/FWD, $216,000)
  9. Lachie Weller (DEF, $647,000)
  10. Chad Wingard (MID/FWD, $648,000)

Most Traded Out

Trading out Sam Jacobs to MWW is the most popular trade of the week, closely followed by a swap from Lachie Whitfield to Jy Simpkin – 50/50 whether it’s best to hold and be ahead of the pack when Whitfield starts hitting his massive ceiling though. Dan Houston’s midfield role has disappeared so it’s time to go, but reverse that Tom Green trade because he’s been named for tonight’s clash against Collingwood.

1. Lachie Whitfield (MID/FWD, $728,000) 👀
  2. Sam Jacobs (RUCK, $533,000) 👍
  3. Josh Dunkley (MID, $787,000) 👍
  4. Dan Houston (DEF/MID, $605,000) 👍
  5. Andrew Brayshaw (MID/FWD, $513,000)
  6. Dylan Roberton (DEF, $317,000) 👍
  7. Marlion Pickett (MID, $255,000) 👍
  8. Tom Green (MID, $252,000) 👎
  9. Sam Sturt (FWD, $214,000) 👍
  10. Fischer Mcasey (DEF, $257,000)

Trade Targets

1. Trent Rivers, DEF/MID, $250K
  2. Caleb Serong, MID, $256K
  3. Sam Philp, MID, $232K
  4. Jack Mahoney, MID/FWD, $202K
  5. Louis Butler, DEF/MID, $170K

To start things off, if your one of the 72% of coaches who doesn’t own Trent Rivers, pounce on him while you still can. If you’re a Pickett or Bennell owner and you need a MID to plug and play on your field this week, your in luck with a few options surfacing. I’ve placed Dockers debutant Caleb Serong second thanks to his 107 point average from a year ago, however, he’ll likely spend the bulk of his time as a half-forward. Serong should outscore the other trade targets over the weekend, with new Blue Sam Philp another startable opiton – at least for Round 4. Jack Mahoney and Louis Butler round out the top-5, with the young Roo no certainty to play and Butler scoring 43 points against Sydney last night.

Starting Rankings

Based on matchups, role and scoring potential here’s a roadmap to how you should start your rookies on your field in Round 4.

DEFENDERS

Desperate times: Tristian Xerri, Luke Jackson

FORWARDS

1. Connor Budarick
  2. Curtis Taylor
  3. Max King

Desperate times: Jack Mahoney, Jacob Townsend, Jamaine Jones

Click here to read Fry’s weekly cash cows article.

The line for last night’s game was firm at 95, why? We have some VERY big boys to come as listed below who all have the ability to hit 120+. Unless you loop holed Tim English (102) or JPK (95) then I’m encouraging you to shop elsewhere for the rest of the weekend.

Grundy moved up to #2 on my list after the announcement that Sam Jacobs wasn’t playing and that now he is up against Mumford, who he had 181 and 164 against last year. Neale still holds top place as you can’t deny his form and his match up against the Crows this week.

1. Lachie Neale
  2. Brodie Grundy
  3. Max Gawn
  4. Sam Docherty
  5. Taylor Adams
  6. Andrew Gaff
  7. Travis Boak
  8. Matt Rowell
  9. Steele Sidebottom
  10. Stephen Coniglio

Click here to read Calvin’s weekly captains article.

Looking at replacing Whitfield with Langford averaging 85, would you consider it? @stevekelly86

Personally, I am going to hold Whitfield. It has been horrible as an owner, paying top dollar for a guy who is averaging 48 is basically season ending and makes me want to vomit. However, You have to be the mouse that makes the cream (or however it goes) and keep pushing, so my play is to hold and hope his role goes back to the one that saw him dominate last year. He will drop in cash heavily once again with a BE of 129, but we will all want him at some stage so I’ll save the two trades.

Some teams may be in a position to play the break even game with him and get him back cheaper down the track. Personally I wouldn’t take a punt on someone like Langford who has started the season really well, but would be more inclined to grab someone like Petracca if you missed him or use it as a cash grab like Simpkin.

Click here to read Roy’s weekly trade article.

DraftKings is now available in Australia and we’re excited to have them on board as our DFS partner. They have just launched their AFL contests and there is something there for everyone. Register for DraftKings by clicking here.

Some of the key ‘AFL Showdown’ contests for tonight include:

• BIG GPP – $60,000 Blinder ($20k for first) – $10 entry
  • HIGH ROLLER 1 – $8,000 Purple Patch – $88 entry
  • HIGH ROLLER 2 – $5,700 Specky (only 4 teams) – $1,500 entry
  • CHEAP FUN PLAY – $2,500 mini-MAX – $0.50 entry

Here’s my line up for Friday night’s $60k Blinder. Lockout 7:50pm AEST.

Global contest. Entry fees and prizes are in USD. Not available to residents of SA. T&Cs apply. See DraftKings.com for details. 18+ Gamble Responsibly. Think! About your choices. Call Gambling Help 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelponline.org.au

Baz

June 26, 2020 at 12:03 pm

Cheers legend ! Do we take mcinerneys 50 from last night or put brown on field?

2. Will

Will

June 26, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Trading in Jy Simpkin for brayshaw, normally I wouldnt think twice but teams sheet has Jy listed in fwd pocket…? time to worry, or ignore? He was named following/centre first 3 rounds

Kanye

June 26, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Very concerning, Can just imagine everyone trading him in and he puts up a putrid 50pt game stuck in the fwd line.

Shags

June 26, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Unique Dilemma for my RDT.

I have Naismith on bench with e and jacobs on field ready to take those lovely 77 points.

Problem is with Naismith likely out for some time, Im thinking maybe I should jump on Jacobs > Pittonet
    Who has a -37 BE and is still pretty cheap, leaving Naismith to cull for any ruck rookies named down the track.

Otherwise I have to either hope Jacobs plays next week or have a forced trade.

Thoughts?

MiniMonk

June 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Hey Fry. Rivers, Brown, or Butler’s 43? What’s the best option to take.

J

June 26, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I think stick to your original plan before Naismith scored so well – you were planning on trading Jacobs before that Thursday game anyway I’m guessing.. just let the 77 go..

I’m in the same boat: was planning on getting in Goldstein/Gawn regardless, so Naismith wasn’t pertinent to that move for me. If I take that e option, I feel like Im gonna have to use 2 trades on the one move anyway (jacobs down to a basement rook to free up 450k of unusable cash; naismith out next week to premo ruc). Naismith isn’t going anywhere, so he’s a loophole option for upcoming Thursday night games, and can be downed to a basement ruc later to free up cash to upgrade elsewhere when I need that cash).

Morg

June 26, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Def do that mate

J

June 26, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Hey guys,
    trying to toss up between two combinations to bring in

Gawn + Ward OR Goldstein + Weller

I prefer Gawn of the RUCs but prefer Weller out of Ward/Weller.

Thoughts?

Ed

June 26, 2020 at 1:20 pm

I’d go option 2

Jacko

June 26, 2020 at 1:14 pm

After a rage trade at the start of week, I think I have decided to keep Whitfield.

Jacobs > Pittonet
    Pickett > Butler
    Brayshaw > Simpkin

Leaves me with $354k to get a premium in next week. Lets hope Whit can find some form

M8

June 26, 2020 at 2:07 pm

Looks good brayshaw more of a priority with low TOG

M8

June 26, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Is it silly to have a 76 wasted there but a captained Gawn against Fort also is tempting, the options I am thinking are; I have $156k before trades
    1.) -This week to go Jacobs (via Williams) to Hamill, taking Naismith’s score.
    -Brayshaw (via Budarick) to Gaff/Neale/Danger Currently thinking Gaff.
    -Houston to Weller.
    The aim next week would be to go an underperforming stepping stone I.e. Smith or Greenwood to Serong so I can get Naismith to Gawn.
    or
    2.) -This week go Jacobs to Gawn not taking Naismith’s score.
    -Brayshaw (via Budarick) to Serong.
    -Houston to Weller.
    These trades guarantee me getting Gawn but lose my guaranteed 76 and doesn’t give me a week to look at Serong.
    My team btw before trades is:
    Def: Lloyd, Crisp, Docherty, Houston, Smith, Starcevich (Brander, Williams)
    Mid: Cripps, Cogs, Viney, Mitchell, McGrath, Rowell, Rivers, Budarick (McInerney(E), Brown)
    Ruck: Jacobs, Pittonet (Naismith(E))
    Fwds: Petracca, Smith, Simpkin, Greenwood, Brayshaw, Taylor (King, Sturt)
    Utility: Pickett
    Sorry for the long post! Hope Naismith is okay personally :)

STEVO

June 26, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Who do I bring in…. gaff or neale? Cheers lads

morgs640

June 26, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Neale short term gain, Gaff long term

M8

June 26, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Agreed

Chrisco

June 26, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Which mid do you guys think is the best pick? Merrett,Oliver or Pendles? Thinking Oliver but not sure, cheers

Brodie

June 26, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Do I trade Whit to Petracca or hold Whit and trade Brayshaw to Simpkin?

Chrisco

June 26, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Hold

Telescopic Cox

June 26, 2020 at 4:30 pm

A) Weller & Ward
    B) Gawn & Doedee
    C) Neale & Doedee

Shane The Cricketer

June 26, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Thoughts on Pickett & Brayshaw to Mr Worldwide & Ward? Or hold Pickett and drop Houston so I can get up to Goldy/Gawn

Shags

June 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm

3 Questions

Cull Brayshaw or Whitfield

Cull Bennell or Pickett

Grab Sidebum or Boak

Jay

June 26, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Brayshaw
      Pickett
      Sidebum

Jay

June 26, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Goldy and either ebert/ wingard or Simpkin

Or gawn and Simpkin

Shags

June 26, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Cash seems more important this year so take a punt on Goldi bein
      g as good as gawn, and grab Simpkin who is all the rage,

JMD012

June 26, 2020 at 6:31 pm

Hey legends, would really appreciate your opinions because I am torn at the moment.
    With the fact that Naismith has done ACL, and he and Pittonet were my stepping stones to Grundy. Do I pull the trigger now? I have Gawn already, so…
    Option 1) Whitfield -> Grundy ($9k)
    Option 2) Whitfield -> Simpkin ($327k)
    Obviously next week will be trading Naismith to (170k Rookie) so will have extra (200k from this downgrade)

Marcus