Cheat Sheet

Friday Fantasy Cheat Sheet – Rd. 6

Get your round six selection info, trade tips, rookie rankings, captains picks and more.

Welcome to a new article for DT Talk this season; the Friday Fantasy Cheat Sheet.

Ben of the @BeaufortBeaus takes a look at the most popular trades of Round 6 so far.

Most Traded In

Lachie Whitfield is at his cheapest and looks like he’s learned how to play coronaball, but it’s fine to wait a couple of weeks because he’s got a tough fortnight against Port and Brisbane – the least and third least fantasy points against per game.

I wouldn’t touch Andrew Brayshaw because his 106 was without Nat Fyfe and against the broken witches’ hats (Adelaide).

Coaches will be a little disappointed by Brandon Parfitt’s 67 last night, but what about Sam Simpson’s 102! Hopefully you had him on the field or threw an E on him if he’s on your bench. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t top this list next week.

1. Lachie Whitfield (MID/FWD, $677,000) 🚩
  2. Jake Aarts (FWD, $197,000)
  3. Izak Rankine (FWD, $170,000)
  4. Brandon Parfitt (MID/FWD, $637,000)
  5. Andrew McPherson (DEF, $170,000)
  6. Nick Haynes (DEF, $668,000) 👍
  7. Sam Simpson (MID, $170,000)
  8. Will Hamill (DEF, $213,000)
  9. Andrew Brayshaw (MID/FWD, $544,000) 👎
  10. Laitham Vandermeer (MID/FWD, $297,000)

Most Traded Out

Matt Rowell could be the most traded out player of all time after his season-ending shoulder injury on 0, but coaches are split on how to use that $527,000 – Whitfield, Parfitt and Aarts are the most popular options.

Reverse that Bailey Smith trade unless he’s a confirmed out before lockout tonight. He’s named on the ball and doesn’t play until Sunday, so a full recovery from that concussion on 1 is looking likely.

1. Matt Rowell (MID, $527,000) 🚑
  2. Jarrod Brander (DEF/FWD, $354,000) 🚑
  3. Bachar Houli (DEF, $779,000) ✂️
  4. Tyler Brown (MID, $263,000) ✂️
  5. Trent Rivers (DEF/MID, $296,000) ✂️
  6. Connor Budarick (MID/FWD, $315,000)
  7. Bailey Smith (MID/FWD, $569,000) 👀
  8. Sam Naismith (RUCK, $368,000) 🚑
  9. Trent Cotchin (MID, $606,000) 🚑
  10. Dan Hannebery (MID, $583,000) 🚑

Trade Targets

1. Jake Aarts, FWD, $197K
  2. Marlion Pickett, MID, $255K
  3. Harley Bennell, MID, $267K
  4. Andrew McPherson, DEF, $170K
  5. Izak Ranine, FWD, $170K

When it rains it pours! After looking to the heavens and praying for a batch of new rookies, the fantasy gods delivered, with up to 13 cash cows in line to make their debut this season. Unfortunately, we can’t trade Sam Simpson in right now, but there are plenty of other choices. At the top of the pile is Richmond youngster Jake Aarts who scored a decent 54 last week and should make a decent bit of coin int he future.

Recalled duo Marlion Pickett and Harley Bennell are my favourite on-field replacements for Rowell – in that order. I can’t fully trust Harley after he was dumped so quickly last time and Pickett should have tons of opportunity in the Tigers midfield. Down back those looking to make some cash by going Brander/Rivers to Andrew McPherson can tick that off. He should provide some good drive off the backline for the Crows and if he can dig his heels in he may be in line for a regular gig. While the fantasy community is excited about Izak Rankine I think it’s wise to tread carefully with the touted Gold Coast forward. Injury risk, lack of scoring potential and a bit of an unknown about his exact role scare me off for this week.

Best of the Rest

Here’s a quick bit-sized update on the other debutants who didn’t crack the top-5 this week.

Atu Bosenavulagi – Played 18 VFL games in his rookie season, however, an average of 47 turns me off
Will Kelly –
If you thought 47 was ugly, Kelly scored 20, 30, 42 and 30 a season ago from his 4 VFL games for an average of 28
Dylan Stephens –
5th pick a year ago and averaged 78 points from 13 SANFL games in 2019
Chad Warner – Handball happy MID who still averaged 78 at the U-18 champs
Will Day – Scored 67 points per game at U-18 level, but the 13th overall pick looms as a fantasy non-factor
Josh Morris – Played all 4 games at the U-18 carnival for SA, but only averaged 39 points.
Callum Porter – Scored 66 points a game from 18 VFL matches for the Dogs in 2019
Jordan Sweet –
Basement ruck, do you really need more info?
Callum Moore – Played just 9 VFL games a year ago for an average of 45. No thanks
Riley Collier-Dawkins –
Averaged just 61 in 20 VFL matches last year, but did lay 5 tackles a game…

For more on then check out next week’s Cash Cow’s article! ✌️

Starting Rankings

Based on matchups, role and scoring potential here’s a roadmap to how you should start your rookies on your field in Round 6.

DEFENDERS

FORWARDS

1. Curtis Taylor
  2. Jake Aarts
  3. Max King

Desperate times: Shane McAdam, Connor Budarick, Sam Sturt, Izak Rankine

*if named

Click here to read Fry’s weekly cash cows article.

It’s simple – If you had one of Dangerifled (102), Simpson (102), Hawkins (99) or Neale (98) then you lock that score away. Some people are asking “do I take Neale’s 98?” To me this is borderline bragging – Why wouldn’t you take a 98 (BCV:122.5) and when would this ever be questioned? Anyway, you take the score – well done!

If you need something else – there is my order below based on how I would be picking them!

1. Brodie Grundy
  2. Jack Macrae
  3. Max Gawn
  4. Adam Treloar
  5. Andrew Gaff
  6. Jake Lloyd
  7. Sam Docherty
  8. Zach Merrett
  9. Scott Pendlebury
  10. Clayton Oliver

Click here to read Calvin’s weekly captains article.

Is Rowell down to Pickett and Brander to Haynes a good option?

@Dan Bateman10

Hey mate,

I think they are great trades. Hopefully Pickett gets a good run in the middle and has the tank to play more game time than we saw at the start of the year. An alternate option for him via DPP is Aarts who was lively in their forward line. Haynes is ripe for the picking on the back of 11 marks and 115 although I don’t think they will be doing quite as much backwards kicking this week following Leon Cameron’s presser. Ridley is a cheaper option if you want to carry over some cash, but Haynes is definitely a better long term option.

Click here to read Roy’s weekly trade article.

DraftKings is now available in Australia and we’re excited to have them on board as our DFS partner. They have just launched their AFL contests and there is something there for everyone. Register for DraftKings by clicking here.

Some of the key ‘AFL Showdown’ contests for tonight include:

• BIG GPP – $20,000 Sticks ($5k for first) – $11 entry
  • HIGH ROLLER 1 – $6,500 Torpedo Kick – $100 entry
  • HIGH ROLLER 2 – $5,700 Specky (only 4 teams) – $1,500 entry
  • CHEAP FUN PLAY – $2,150 mini-MAX – $0.50 entry

Here’s my line up for Friday night’s $20k Sticks. Lockout 7:50pm AEST.

Global contest. Entry fees and prizes are in USD. Not available to residents of SA. T&Cs apply. See DraftKings.com for details. 18+ Gamble Responsibly. Think! About your choices. Call Gambling Help 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelponline.org.au

M8

July 10, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Do I get Hayden Young or Andrew McPherson to field? As I have Starcevich with the loopholed emergency score which failed

Daniel Seaton

July 10, 2020 at 1:09 pm

I’d go young

Will

July 10, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Young

Andy

July 10, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Swallow or Sheed for Rowell?? Have about $615 in RDT. Will swallow fly with no Rowell, or will Sheed stay high against Adelaide and then dockers??

2. Will

Will

July 10, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Trading out Rowell and Rivers, but dont know if I should get
    1. Pickett/Bennell in the mids (somewhat proven scorers) and Ridley in def
    2. mcpherson in DEF and B.Ellis/McGrath/Weller/Tucker?? (with some DPP foolery)
    3. double downgrade and use the cash for a better upgrade next week rather than a half arsed upgrade this week??

I’ve got too many mediocre trade options this week :\

Will

July 10, 2020 at 1:34 pm

even blake acres in the mids?

Brodie

July 10, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Thoughts on Rivers to Serong and Rowell to Ridley?

Will

July 10, 2020 at 2:07 pm

not a bad option, I almost did the same but decided on a downgrade instead of Ridley. I guess I’m hoping to get a Haynes/Lloyd type instead of Riddles

Jimmy

July 10, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Bit of a different one what is your thoughts on Quaynor?

Trades atm
    Rowell to Bennell
    T. Brown to J.Aarts

$350k in bank.

Only problem is I have 7 rookies on my field at the moment including (Starch, Ash, Serong, Hibberd, Bennell, Taylor and Aarts) on the bench I only have 3 playing in (Budarick, King and McInerney… if he plays)

Baz

July 10, 2020 at 5:11 pm

No love for Vandermeer?

Shags

July 10, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Very interested. But hes pricey.

Milky energies

July 10, 2020 at 7:32 pm

Totally agree mate. He’s been better than all the rookies named mid and forward bar probably Curtis Taylor and is still under 300k (just). Shocked he’s not listed as one of the better rookies.

Squid

July 10, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Once again I have managed to scrape together 22 on field, only 1 playing on bench, at least that left me with a lot of options for loopholing Neale’s VC score. Pretty sure basically all trades after r2 have been forced yet feel team is slowly coming together and I’m just one lucky (ie carnage free) weekend away from starting to make some headway, good luck DT talkers, may the fantasy gods smile on your teams and not just because they are amused with screwing you over.

George

July 10, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Bewley/Rowell to Aarts/Macrae
    Brander/Rowell to Butler/Whitfield

Cheers lads

Andy

July 10, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Rowell to D. Stephens; Rivers to Lloyd.

I’ll give Stephens a go, and Lloyd means I’m slowly cleaning out these come and go rookie defenders.

Shags

July 10, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Green, Pickett or Vandermeer?

Then.

(One of above) + Lloyd

Or

Butler + Trelly

JMD012

July 10, 2020 at 6:13 pm

Field one please
    Budarick, M. King, L. Butler

Shags

July 10, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Budarick vs dees

The Cricket

July 10, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Budarick or Aarts on field?

Andy

July 10, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Bud will never grace my field again.

Kim Cricket

July 10, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Cheers Andy. I was feeling that way too … good to have some affirmation!

DonutGalore

July 10, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Cunnington to which Premo? I have Gaff and am tossing up between Treloar and Macrae. Copped a donut so can’t keep Cunnington until next week as I initially wished to do (hoping he’s back). I can afford anyone.

Kim Cricket

July 10, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Well, ffs, Rocky’s been dropped! We all know his form has fallen from the dizzy heights of his Pig-dom … but dropped from his team?
    Warnie, has a Pig ever been dropped before? Unprecedented times indeed!

Butch

July 10, 2020 at 10:06 pm

I wonder what % had the (C) on Grundy tonight?

Andy

July 10, 2020 at 10:15 pm

I luckily stuck with Neale’s 98. You can’t be too greedy.

David C

July 11, 2020 at 9:18 am

46.9%

CondomHead FitzSimons

July 11, 2020 at 7:29 am

Same. Happy with C Neale’s score. Had Grundy last week

Marcus

July 11, 2020 at 11:37 am

Was seriously thinking of bringing in Greenwood this week as I think he will benefit from Rowells Injury. But listening to the Podcast yesterday and Roy saying Swallow will benefit has made me think again and add D Tucker. I do like adding name players but if you look at Tuckers scores well. Just for the record I do think Greenwood will Benefit but it just got me thinking

Andy

July 11, 2020 at 1:45 pm

H. Young gone for 2. The search for rookie defenders who will play more than a few games continues…

emily

July 11, 2020 at 2:39 pm

in the last 2 weeks any 1 who has any POD’s will be making up ground on the top spots.

I wish I was 1 of them, 1 of 1000’s to have Roweel, B.Smith and now Young, man this games is cruel.

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmm feet in peanut butter

llizardofoz

July 11, 2020 at 4:39 pm

It’s happening again……….sad sad sad

Butch

July 11, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I have Riley O’Brien in my team and was worried how he would go against Nic Nat this week. Shouldn’t have, 89 point second half for total of 115.
    There is my three votes right there!

Andy

July 12, 2020 at 12:01 pm

What happened to Curtis Taylor? He’s been doing so well.

J

July 12, 2020 at 1:59 pm

He sustained a high hit by Shiels when he was on 10. He couldn’t come back on due to concussion checks until very late in the game

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

July 12, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Taylor, Budarick or Townsend going to Rankine for me. Who is priority trade out of those 3?

emily

July 12, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Brucey, Ive got 2 out of the 3. Taylor and Budarick.

Taylor had a bad night but got smacked in the head.
          Budarick has the DPP which I like, and without Rowell thought he’d step up but for me he’s on the chopping block this week, and give Taylor maybe 1 more week or 2.

plenty of rookies coming through and some out scoring the big wigs lol

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmm feet in custard

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

July 12, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Dusty can go for one Cow! Budarick for another

Andy

July 12, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Dusty, you’re gone!

emily

July 12, 2020 at 6:28 pm

was Dusty playing today lol.

from the foot fetish girl
      mmm feet in bake beans

Terang Bowler

July 12, 2020 at 8:44 pm

This totally f#$ked up c#+t of a season can just go and get f§&ked!!!!!

llizardofoz

July 12, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Cop it sweet n wash your mouth out.

emily

July 12, 2020 at 11:15 pm

such a potty mouth, suck it up princess.

it’s a season which every 1 is in the same boat, either start paddlin, or take a walk off a short pier.
      whatever trade u did, u must have believed in that player to do so.
      So u want to win, don’t we all, but don’t forget, this is just a game Terang,

from the foot fetish girl