Trade Talk

Roy’s Rollin’ 22 and Trade Talk: Rd. 4

Roy has half-a-dozen players worth looking at bringing in for round four.

• Roy

Last week I sent a “Roy’s Rocket” to Macrae by dropping him to eighth in the Rollin’ 8 mids and he responded. This week, the likes of Dunkley, Tich and Cogs have forced my hand to go next level! Hopefully they respond.

Get them in!

Lachie Neale (MID, $856,000) BE: Once again confirmed he is the dominant mid in the comp. Has not hidden in a corner like some of the so called premium midfielders, but instead is recording career high numbers. Has a piss easy match up this week vs the Crows.

Todd Goldstein (RUC, $736,000) BE:  The number one ruckman in the game right now comes in a lot cheaper than the big two in Grundy and Max. He is a machine and barely hits the pine!.

Steele Sidebottom (MID, $797,000) BE:  The silky Pie oozes class and is completely dominating at the moment. He is finding space and the ball at will and is converting it to the Fantasy scoreboard. If you want a nice unique, this isn’t ‘chasing’ because he is all class. He is owned by just two per cent.

Mark Pittonet (RUC, $384,000) BE:  Mr World Wide did it again, and this week it was against the media’s hyped up Rhys Stanley. He is the real deal and has totally embraced the opportunity as number one ruck. He was the Blues third top scorer with 35 hit outs and 78 points.

Lachie Weller (DEF, $647,000) BE: The fact Weller can be selected in the back line makes him a great target. He had another great game for the in form Suns (yep I said it) with 21 touches, five marks and five tackles and a goal for 95. He is still under priced and a great option.

Must have:

Jy Simpkin (FWD/MID, $585,000) BE: There were question marks as to whether the role was there and it certainly is. He was the second top scorer on the weekend for the Roos with 96 from 26 touches and a goal and is a genuine under priced bargain. He isn’t a must have, but he is certainly a nice price given his role.

YOU… Get the chop!

As you know, I am always a fan of holding premiums but in the list below, you will only find one of those and he is $800K and can’t crack 70.

Lachie Whitfield (FWD/MID, $728,000) BE: . We all, including me should have followed last weeks advice and given him the chop then. His numbers vs the Dogs were as good as any I have ever seen, leading up to his 10 after being KOed. Its a disaster, just part ways and forget about him. Friendly reminder you paid all that cash for an average of 48.

Patrick Dangerfield (MID, $732,000) BE: . The old Corona ball isn’t working out for Danger at all. He had another stinker on the weekend and is averaging just 69. Chop, chop.

Sam Jacobs (RUC, $533,000) BE: . It looks like the Big Sauce has run dry. You can turn hum upside down and spank him on the bum all you like but judging by his performance against English on the weekend, you won’t get anything out of him. He had just 44.

My Trades

Brodie Grundy
Collingwood, RUC

R2

Max Gawn
Melbourne, RUC
DNP

In the mix:  Goldstein (Legit argument here! Dominating)

Forwards

Hawthorne Hawks, MID/FWD

F6

Brad Ebert
Port Adelaide, MID/FWD

In the mix: Martin

Roy

The most successful DTer out of the boys prides himself on his multiple top 200 finishes... nearly as much as he prides himself on his guns! The coach of destROY wants you to follow him on Twitter: @RoyDT.

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

June 23, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Which 2 to trade out?
    Whitfield, Dusty, Coniglio, Titch

Andy

June 23, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Whitfield. I wouldn’t be trading the other three. They all should be good performers in the weeks to come.

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Whitfield due to the coin being dropped at the options that are available for him. Wouldn’t be against moving Dusty on. Back in Cogs and Titch.

Balsam

June 23, 2020 at 3:14 pm

I moved Whitfield on last week, but I’m sitting on Cogs and Titch for the moment hoping they come good. I want Gaff and Sidey, but just can’t scrape the coin together at the moment, although if Josh Kelly isn’t named this week, he’s a swap for Gaff.

luka

June 24, 2020 at 4:01 pm

definitely do kelly to gaff

Kelvin

June 23, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Brayshaw to Simpkin
    Sauce to MWW
    Houston to Lloyd

226k left ITB

Thoughts?

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Tick. Feels luxury, but I like it (hopefully your cash cows are looking alright.

Simon

June 23, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Trades so far

Team 1
    Sauce to Pitt
    Brayshaw to Simpkin
    Pickett to Caldwell M8

Team 2
    Sauce to NicNat or Naismith
    Houston to Weller
    Rozee to Langford

Thoughts?

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Hard ones – I would probably look at a mixture of both! Toss the coin between Rozee and Brayshaw. It is probably the latter due to limited TOG – and Simpkin the winner there. Sauce to Pittonet is the play… but really depends on if you can trust Naismith’s body (as well – he has to be named). I worry about Caldwell now with players coming back – not necessarily for job security, just role/scoring potential.

DBoms

June 23, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Thoughts on Jack Martin? Scored 77, but most importantly played as a full time mid.

Also tossing up between Haynes and Weller. I’m thinking Haynes as looking into the last 2 weeks, his next opponent, Collingwood, have been giving up high mark numbers to defenders.
    Convince me which one to get..

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Not sure we will see a consistent role with Martin. But he’s been okay even when he plays more as a forward. Weller as the ‘midfielder’ is my go to, but those marks are what we were excited about Haynes in the pre-season (admittedly for draft for me).

Nick

June 23, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Thoughts on Mitch Duncan?

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:07 pm

I just don’t trust him. Maybe a Duncan thing, maybe a Cats thing.

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Good POD
      And remember nobody wins the car by playing it safe

Marcus

June 24, 2020 at 5:35 pm

When Duncan first started playing for Geelong I told my Cousin that he was going to be a gun . I think the 3 guys from Tassie (Warnie, Cal and Roy ) are not fans but I like the kid.

mad snake

June 23, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Who to replace Dunkley: Treloar, Sidebottom or Sympkin?

Alex

June 23, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Sidey for output, Sympkin for value

Warnie

June 23, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Simpkin for me. Look for a midfielder next week.

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:59 pm

sidebottom 105 avg hard to miss

Josh

June 23, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Hey legends,
    Not sure what to do with my trades this week?
    108k in the bank

DEF: Doch, Crisp, Houston, Brodie Smith, Brander, Starcevic (Watson, Williams)

MID: Neale, Cripps, Coniglio, Titch, Viney, McGrath, Rowell, Pickett (T.Brown, McInerney)

RUCK: Grundy, Naismith (Cameron)

FWD: Petracca, Bailey Smith, Greenwood, Brayshaw, Taylor, Budarick (King, Sturt, Cavarra)

At this stage thinking of:
    Brayshaw > Simpkin
    Grundy > Goldstein
    Brodie Smith > Lloyd or Weller (not sure)

Suggestions?

Matt

June 23, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Rookies are terrible, need to get in rivers in the backline on ur bench with the cash you’ve got.
      Cog to simpkin.
      Brodie to who you can afford, hope lloyd but probably won’t be

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:58 pm

gee these rookies are shocking, trade them ASAP

Tim B

June 24, 2020 at 4:49 pm

Keep Smith. His BE is 61 (73 last week), so you’d likely be selling at or very close to his bottom. First game he was injured and missed a quarter, second he had to replace the concussed Kelly in a small defender role. No issues last week and he scored a very respectable 73 (albeit with a shocking 3rd quarter and awesome last quarter). May not ultimately be a keeper, but certainly fixing rooks is more important.

Petracca

June 23, 2020 at 10:13 pm

How do we feel about Florent? 19 CBA’s this week and last is pretty decent.

Currently I can get to him or Ward by moving 2 (potentially) non-playing rooks in McHenry and Pickett.

Or do I move Pickett + rook still playing (e.g McInerney) to get extra cash to get up to McGrath?

JMD012

June 23, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Like Florent as a unique. But for Ward I have a feeling they will average pretty similar at seasons end. Would prefer McGrath, but not sure about loving on rooms just yet.

JMD012

June 23, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Hey Warnie/Roy
    Just wondering what is more pressing issues.
    Non-playing rookies on bench (Cavarra and Sturt)
    Or
    Underperforming somewhat mid priced/premo (Houston and Brayshaw)

My first trade is Whitfield -> Simpkin and have $242K after this trade to play with…

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:58 pm

i would trade Brayshaw first

Tim B

June 24, 2020 at 5:18 pm

The question that only time will tell. I’d tend to say, “You got these players for a reason and their prices are still rising, so fix your rookies first”. However, this will likely cost you some points now for more points down the track, so it’s not clear what the correct answer will be.

Mark 'Dicko' Dickson

June 23, 2020 at 11:53 pm

When are the first round of DPP’s dropping?????
    Got Harmes on the pine in Draft.

Liam

June 24, 2020 at 9:37 am

Thoughts on these trades

Brayshaw- Simpkin
    Sauce- Pittonet
    Houston- Weller

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:57 pm

love em

David C

June 24, 2020 at 11:29 am

Like the look of Maynard down back.

Marcus

June 24, 2020 at 12:22 pm

I mentioned Parfitt Trade before I read anyone else saying anything about him. This week I will mention Daicos without reading anyone else’s thought about Daicos. Let’s see if anyone else mentions him. He is a 509k Mid and has not gone under 70 yet which makes him Valuable. I’m seriously thinking of Trading him in this week. The only problem is I already have 4 Magpies on my ground and they play GWS this week. I’m not so much worried about winning games in League games at the moment. My strategy ever since Rnd 1 has been to build my team up until about Rnd 9-10 then try bring in more big guns.

Out
    Dunkley, Whitfield, B Pickett
    In
    Wingard, Simpkin, Daicos

Browny

June 24, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Good ball user looks like they want it in his hands but I think he’s more supercoach then fantasy at this stage

luka

June 24, 2020 at 3:01 pm

thoughts on josh daicos

Browny

June 24, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Charles O'Connor

June 24, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Am I crazy going Grundy to MWW? It allows me to go Schulz to Simpkin and Brayshaw to Wingard. It also leaves me with enough money next week to go Brodie Smith to Hamill/Butler and then Pickett to Macrae. Thoughts?

Charlie Roberts

June 24, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Thoughts on which trade to do?

Whitfield – Wingard
    Naismith – Pittonet
    Hannebery – Simpkin
    vs.
    Whitfield – Simpkin
    Naismith – Pittonet
    Houston – Weller

cheers!

Battered Savs

June 24, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Thoughts on Libba?

luka

June 24, 2020 at 9:25 pm

might get some good midfield time, personally i would wait a week to see what role he gets

luka

June 24, 2020 at 9:20 pm

i can literally trade any player in, should i save the cash and go for someone like brad ebert, lachie weller or Michael walters or go with the safe option with someone like Gaff, Sidebottom or Lloyd (already have Neale)

Andrew

June 25, 2020 at 12:36 am

I was lucky enough to score Jacobs in the draft (and have Ryder on the bench). Pitt, Stanley, Sinclair are currently free agents. Do you think I should trading to one of these guys (probably Pitt), or would I be better off sitting him on the bench and hoping he finds some form?

Brucey Don't Like Rusty