Trade Talk

Roy’s Rollin’ 22 and Trade Talk – Rd. 3

Roy names up his top trade targets for round three and resets his Rollin’ 22.

• Roy

Okay… the Rollin’ 22 is starting from scratch after having two weeks of Corona ball data. I haven’t gone stupid and just chopped every under performer completely, but there have been a few significant adjustments based on what I have seen, along with a few ‘Roy’s Rockets’ to get some lift from the boys.

Get them in!

Christian Petracca (FWD, $622,000) BE: 13 The role is there for the highly touted Demon and he once again grabbed it with both hands collecting 24 possessions, taking four mark, laying five tackles and kicking two goals on his way to 108. He is in sensational form and well worth bringing in.

Lachie Neale (MID, $815,000) BE: 49 The Lion champ is scoring at a better rate than he has in all bar one of his illustrious Fantasy seasons. He had 29 possessions, seven marks and two goals for 109 to be one of only two players to reach triple figures in both games.

Mark Pittonet (RUC, $334,000) BE: 3 Put up an amazing fight against Max and overcame a slow start to end the game as the Blues 6th highest scorer with 74 from 14 possessions and 23 hit outs.

Taylor Adams (MID, $749,000) BE: 43 Is the other player to register two triple figure scores in two weeks. He just goes hard, unlike so many of the over priced premiums bleeding money in our midfields. The only concern is the impending return of Adam Treloar.

Jake Lloyd (DEF, $775,000) BE: 70 Proved me wrong and showed that he is not redundant in shortened quarters. He was awesome against the Bombers 29 touches, 4 marks, 5 tackles and a goal for 111.

Must have:

Bailey Smith (FWD/MID, $577,000) BE: 11 The Dogs are struggling… Through no fault of the mullet-ed warrior. The young tackling machine has bumped more senior player like Macrae out of the middle and is making the most of it with two really impressive games including 93 with 29 possessions last. He is a must have.

YOU… Get the chop!

As you know, I am always a fan of holding premiums but in the list below, you will only find one of those and he is $800K and can’t crack 70.

Brodie Smith (DEF, $590,000) BE: 89. Okay, we let him off the hook week one and put it down to injury. He was uninjured and awful on the weekend with just 10 possessions and 45. The pre season ‘Under priced premium’ is doing nothing but bleed cash while getting outscored by rookies on the bench.

Darcy MacPherson (MID, $603,000) BE: 85. After a great season and some impressive signs in the pre season, D-Mac ticked the box of a unique premium for those who are that way inclined. He had another disappointing game on the weekend despite a Sun victory with just 46. He has to go.

Lachie Whitfield (FWD/MID, $800,000) BE: 104. Now don’t get me wrong, he is a gun but at $800K, its hard to justify holding the running machine when his scores don’t justify it. A trade to someone like Smith or Petracca is an easy move to free up some cash.

Isaac Cumming (DEF, $317,000) BE 26 It’s usually nice to wait until our cash cows are fully fattened but I can’t see him getting a game next week so he will be on the block early. He had 11 touches and 38 and will make some handy pocket money.

My Trades

Brad Ebert
Port Adelaide, MID/FWD

In the mix: Wingard

1. Will

Will

June 16, 2020 at 10:22 am

Do you think Titch will still be top 8 considering his recent shoulder injury news? Dude appears to be playing injured, which might explain his rubbish scores (for a pig)

Doug

June 16, 2020 at 10:24 am

Geez, stiff on Shuey and Parker to not make the 8 after outscoring Titch & Macrae by an average of 30ish points.. Sure they’ll bounce back, but not sure M4 and M8 are correct placings after 2 rounds.

Roy

June 16, 2020 at 12:14 pm

The got a mention, and the rollin 22 formula doesn’t allow me to just click the top averages after two rounds

Doug

June 16, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Got a mention, yes, but to be 9th & 10th after putting up 30ish points more per game than 2 of the top 8 is a hard sell..

Roy

June 16, 2020 at 1:14 pm

History and ability level still need to be considered. I don’t want to be royactionary.

Jason M

June 16, 2020 at 10:44 am

Can’t believe the traders haven’t mentioned Andrew McGrath. Averaging 90 in two games, mainly in the middle, 20 center bounces and still only 600k.

sunnyjim

June 16, 2020 at 11:03 am

shhhhh keep him quiet he’s been killing it for me, keep him under the radar for now.

Chris

June 16, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Absolute gun. Considering bringing him in for McCluggage

Roy

June 16, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Yeah I was meaning to

Euman

June 16, 2020 at 10:59 am

Bailey Smith interesting as you say has bumped players out of mids. That said dogs got flogged so what will this mean? Do they move things around? I guess with a low b/e it’s low risk

SB

June 16, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Less bumped and more other players are filling the Hunter void (Macrae) but he’s definitely moved ahead of the likes of lipinski, Wallis

DBoms

June 16, 2020 at 2:39 pm

I’m a little uncertain, also. Wishing I started with him, but I don’t think I’m confident enough to bring him in. I just don’t trust the dogs. He is no doubt still value, but we all know how much they like to move players around. And I would be surprised if Macrae doesn’t move back ahead of him in the CBA pecking order very soon.

He’ll still be good, but I think a little too late to chase him, in my opinion.

Browny

June 16, 2020 at 2:53 pm

Libba should be back soon an he can only play inside mid less CBA for Smith an Macrae

dulcify56

June 16, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Usually I am not a fan of trading out premiums except for long term injuries. But my patience has run out with Whitfield. I actually traded him last week before having a change of mind just before lockout. At the moment my 3 trades are Whitfield, Brodie Smith and Tom Green out for Viney, Howe and Ward with 191K in the kitty. Next week Neale may come in for the very disappointing McGluggage.

Daniel

June 16, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Also a McCluggage owner. How bad has he been? Just sits at the back of every pack wanting the easy ball. Don’t know whether to give him one final chance, or just cut him for Selwood or Bailey Smith

dulcify56

June 16, 2020 at 4:04 pm

G’day Daniel. I decided late last season that McCluggage would be one of the first selected for my teams this season. Very disappointed with him so far. He needs 75 plus to maybe keep his spot. He is safe this week due to Whitfields price.

Will

June 16, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Clugs was on my radar too after last season – if he was a DEF I would have certainly pulled the trigger, but I guess I chased value elsewhere in the mids this year. I’m sure he’ll come good, just maybe not a nice 10-15 point bump over last season :\

Marcus

June 16, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Haven’t seen anyone mention anything about Parfitt. Think he will be a gun Player and he is cheap.

Marcus

June 16, 2020 at 5:33 pm

So I’m weighing up on whether to pick Rocky at $762 or Parfill at $564.

Petracca

June 16, 2020 at 6:12 pm

4 options that I’m choosing between:

1) Whitfield/Bont/Cavarra —> Bailey/Mcgrath/Pittonet (Ceglar fwd, Pitt to R2)

2) as above, however Neale instead of Mcgrath

3) Bont/Cavarra/Cumming —> Bailey/Mcgrath/$170k def rook (Starcevich/Brander to D6)

4) Bont/Xerri/Cavarra —> Bennel/Bailey/Pittonet (Pitt R3)

Thoughts?

JMD012

June 16, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Hey mate, I like 2, obviously bit of a risk with Pittonet but does have a good set of solid games

Andy

June 16, 2020 at 7:30 pm

I’m tossing up between bringing in Pendles and Neale. Neale in the past can be tagged and can put in some low scores, not as bad as Zorko, but unrewarding nonetheless. Whereas, Pendles is mostly consistent.

JMD012

June 16, 2020 at 8:43 pm

I like Pendles mate, bit of a Unique compared to Neale

Andy

June 17, 2020 at 11:44 am

Cheers! I’m liking these three trades a week. Getting rid of Bont last week turned out well.

JMD012

June 16, 2020 at 8:41 pm

Hey Peeps,
    Thoughts of which would be better
    Brodie Smith -> Houli, Lloyd or Howe?
    And which option
    Option 1) S. Naismith -> D. Cameron (R3)
    Option 2) S. Jacobs -> M. Pittonet (R2)
    Bear in mind I have Gawn as R1, and no Grundy
    I feel like if I get Howe in the Brodie Smith trade I will be able to get Grundy possibly earlier, but can’t help but be tempted in replacing D1 because of B. Smith’s terrible 2 weeks.

KNBV62928

June 16, 2020 at 9:29 pm

I’d go Brodie to Howe and Naismith down to Cameron.

Jaws

June 16, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Thoughts on Zak Jones?

KNBV62928

June 16, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Neale, Gaff, Taylor Adams, Rockliff, Shuey?

bort22

June 16, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Feeling pretty confident about my team, have 10 players in the rollin 22 and also have 9 out of the 10 players with the lowest breakevens…Just need to swap the Smiths (Brodie to Bailey) and replace Naismith with MR WORLDWIDE and i think i’m set up for a good year with any luck.

By the way is the Weekend Washup returning this year? Always love that article

Pouts

June 16, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Evening legends.
    Sitting pretty nicely at the moment so want to keep the momentum and get Neale it. What do you think about.
    Grundy to Gawn. 100k and great fixtures. Have Naismith and Pittbull already.
    Green to Gollant. Need a mid / def under 180k. Here at he is close.
    Greenwood to Neale. Brings Brander into fwds and moves Starcevich on field in Def. Leaves me with Rowell as the only rookie on field in mids too.
    Thanks heaps.

lotho

June 16, 2020 at 10:26 pm

what is sitting pretty nicely :-) Top 100? . I personally wouldn’t trade Grundy. It feels like a wasted trade. I wouldn’t trade in Neale. He always starts fast and then slows down. You are playing a huge price for him. I’d look at Joel Selwood, Callan Ward or (my preference) Andrew McGrath. McGrath is playing in the middle this season and his stats have improved because of this. 600k is an absolute bargain for a guy who looks like he will average 90 (100 old school).

I am looking to trade Green as well. Will wait until teams are announced to see what is available. I am going to try avoid Adelaide though. There will be a lot of chopping and changing there.

Pouts

June 17, 2020 at 1:16 am

Thanks lotho. Sitting 30th.
    Got McGrath and Selwood already. Not sold on Ward.
    Will wait and see teams drop and go from there. Do like Parfitt as well.

Peter

June 17, 2020 at 1:28 pm

still have spots available in a classic league Coodabeen Fantasy Champions 2020 K9SRN7YA

Jay

June 17, 2020 at 2:59 pm

At this stage, S. Naismith, B. Smith, T. Green –> M. Pittonet, J. Lloyd, C. Budarick.. thoughts?

Browny

June 17, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Mr worldwide tears it up in the first qtr (his hamstring)?
    an camron spuds it up there’s gonna be carnage?