Inside the Numbers – Rd. 13
Pete goes inside the numbers for this week.
We have arrived at the final Bye week of the season, scoring well in Round 14 will be critical for those that made a move in the opening 2 games of the Bye period & especially for those that have a heavy Round 14 structure in order to make up lost ground.
Regardless of where you stand, setting up your team for the run home should be a high priority. Those players that are being traded-in right now will likely remain in your team for the remainder of the season.
Article by @aflratingsPete
Brad Crouch has scored 100pts or more in 76.9% of games this season, he has averaged 121.0pts from his last 5 games (Season Ave: 110.6).
Patrick Cripps averaged 114.6pts between Rounds 1-8, he has averaged 82.8pts since which includes a 151pt game in Round 12 against Brisbane (Season Ave: 102.4).
Michael Hurley has scored 111pts in each of his last 2 games, he averaged 80.3pts between Rounds 1-10 (Season Ave: 85.4pts).
Nat Fyfe has scored 100pts or more in 6 of his last 7 games, he has averaged 111.3pts over the same period (Season Ave: 106.5).
Brayden Fiorini scored 85pts in Round 14, he has scored 100pts or more in 66.7% of games this season.
Tim Taranto scored a career high 156pts in Round 14, he has scored 120pts or more in 46.2% of games this season (2018: 4.3%).
James Worpel scored a season high 110pts in Round 13, he has averaged 101.8pts from his last 4 games (Season Ave: 92.2).
Todd Goldstein scored 83pts in Round 13, he has scored 100pts or more in 1 game (7.7%) this season (2018: 36.4%).
Dan Houston scored 91pts in Round 13, he has averaged 90.0pts from his last 3 games (Season Ave: 77.7).
Dustin Martin scored a season high 140pts in Round 13, he has averaged 118.2pts from his last 5 games (Season Ave: 94.6).
Luke Dunstan has scored 100pts or more in 3 of his last 5 games, he is averaging 93.4pts over the same period.
Caleb Daniel has scored 100pts or more in 3 consecutive games, he has averaged 107.3pts over the same period (Season Ave: 94.4).
1. Adelaide scored 1774pts in Round 13 (Crows 2nd highest score this season), they are averaging 1652.9pts per game in 2019 (Rank 3) & have been outscored in only 1 game this season (+69.2pt Differential).
2. Carton & Richmond have conceded the most 400+ Disposal games this season with 7, Geelong, Western Bulldogs & GWS Giants have not conceded 400 Disposals in a game in 2019.
3. Josh Kelly has scored 100pts or more in each game this season, he has averaged 137.8pts from his last 4 games (Season Ave: 122.1).
4. Josh Dunkley has scored 100pts or more in 5 of his last 6 games, he has averaged 124.2pts over the same period (Season Ave: 100.8pts).
5. Jack Billings scored a career high 170pts in Round 13, his previous highest score was 151pts in Round 8, 2017. He has only scored 140pts or more in 2 of 97 career games.
Warnie, Cal & Roy discuss these takeaways on the Traders Podcast (13:01).