Trading strategy will shift into another gear now that the Bye period is over, with many close to or already rocking with a completed type on-field team identifying opportunities for an edge over your opponents is crucial in the 9 remaining rounds of the H&A season.
For those chasing league titles focusing in on game match-ups in the last 4 weeks & especially a Grand Final in Round 23 should be a high priority.
Round 23 Good Team Match-ups
Gold Coast v GWS Giants (Metricon Stadium)
Geelong v Carlton (GMHBA Stadium)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
West Coast v Hawthorn (Optus Stadium)
Article by @aflratingsPete
Stefan Martin scored 119pts in Round 14, he has scored 100pts or more in 15.4% of games this season (2018: 40.9%).
Brodie Grundy scored a career high 168pts in Round 14, he has scored 120pts or more in 53.8% of games this season (2018: 53.8%).
Cale Hooker has scored 100pts or more in 3 consecutive games, he has averaged 110.7pts over the same period after averaging 71.4pts from his opening 7 games of the season.
Connor Blakely has not scored 100pts or more in any game this season, he is currently averaging 73.4pts per game (2018 Ave: 91.5pts).
Mitch Duncan has scored 100pts or more in 7 of his last 8 games, he has averaged 122.1pts over the same period.
Ricky Henderson has scored 100pts or more in 61.5% of games this season, he scored 100pts or more in 13.6% of games in 2018.
Clayton Oliver has scored 100pts or more 61.5% of games this season, he has averaged 119.8pts from winning games & 98.6pts from losing games in 2019.
Scott Lycett scored 130pts in Round 14 (2nd career highest score), he recorded a career high 41 Hit Outs against Geelong.
Seb Ross has scored 100pts or more in 2 consecutive games (Last 2 Game Ave: 103.5pts), he failed to scored 100pts or more in his previous 5 games & averaged 81.8pts over that period.
Callum Mills has scored 100pts or more & averaged 105.5pts from his last 2 games, he failed to score 100pts or more in his opening 11 games of the season averaging 72.5pts.
Jack Redden scored 109pts in Round 14, he has averaged 107.5pts from his last 4 games.
Caleb Daniel has scored 100pts or more in 46.2% of games this season, he has averaged 114.3pts from his last 4 games.
1. Western Bulldogs recorded 456 Disposals in Round 14 (Last 3 Game Disposal Ave: 426.3), a total of 6 Bulldogs players recorded 30 Disposals or more.
2. Geelong recorded 324 Disposals in Round 14, the Cats have averaged 346.0 Disposals in all travel games this season & 380.1 Disposals in all other non-travel games. Geelong play 3 of their final 5 games interstate (R19 vs Sydney SCG, R20 vs Fremantle Optus Stadium, R22 vs Brisbane Gabba).
3. Luke Parker scored a season high 157pts in Round 14, he has scored 100pts or more in 5 consecutive games (Last 5 Game Ave: 124.4).
4. Lachie Neale scored 79pts in Round 14, he has failed to score 100pts or more in 5 of his last 7 games (Last 7 Game Ave: 92.6, First 6 Game Ave: 115.8).
5. Sydney conceded 1554.2pts between Rounds 1-10, the Swans have conceded 1389.0pts from their last 3 games (Rank 2).
Warnie, Cal & Roy discuss these takeaways on the Traders Podcast (32:32).