Inside the Numbers – Rd. 14
Pete goes inside the Fantasy numbers from round 14.
Trading strategy will shift into another gear now that the Bye period is over, with many close to or already rocking with a completed type on-field team identifying opportunities for an edge over your opponents is crucial in the 9 remaining rounds of the H&A season.
For those chasing league titles focusing in on game match-ups in the last 4 weeks & especially a Grand Final in Round 23 should be a high priority.
Round 23 Good Team Match-ups
Gold Coast v GWS Giants (Metricon Stadium)
Geelong v Carlton (GMHBA Stadium)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
West Coast v Hawthorn (Optus Stadium)
Article by @aflratingsPete
Stefan Martin scored 119pts in Round 14, he has scored 100pts or more in 15.4% of games this season (2018: 40.9%).
Brodie Grundy scored a career high 168pts in Round 14, he has scored 120pts or more in 53.8% of games this season (2018: 53.8%).
Cale Hooker has scored 100pts or more in 3 consecutive games, he has averaged 110.7pts over the same period after averaging 71.4pts from his opening 7 games of the season.
Connor Blakely has not scored 100pts or more in any game this season, he is currently averaging 73.4pts per game (2018 Ave: 91.5pts).
Mitch Duncan has scored 100pts or more in 7 of his last 8 games, he has averaged 122.1pts over the same period.
Ricky Henderson has scored 100pts or more in 61.5% of games this season, he scored 100pts or more in 13.6% of games in 2018.
Clayton Oliver has scored 100pts or more 61.5% of games this season, he has averaged 119.8pts from winning games & 98.6pts from losing games in 2019.
Scott Lycett scored 130pts in Round 14 (2nd career highest score), he recorded a career high 41 Hit Outs against Geelong.
Seb Ross has scored 100pts or more in 2 consecutive games (Last 2 Game Ave: 103.5pts), he failed to scored 100pts or more in his previous 5 games & averaged 81.8pts over that period.
Callum Mills has scored 100pts or more & averaged 105.5pts from his last 2 games, he failed to score 100pts or more in his opening 11 games of the season averaging 72.5pts.
Jack Redden scored 109pts in Round 14, he has averaged 107.5pts from his last 4 games.
Caleb Daniel has scored 100pts or more in 46.2% of games this season, he has averaged 114.3pts from his last 4 games.
1. Western Bulldogs recorded 456 Disposals in Round 14 (Last 3 Game Disposal Ave: 426.3), a total of 6 Bulldogs players recorded 30 Disposals or more.
2. Geelong recorded 324 Disposals in Round 14, the Cats have averaged 346.0 Disposals in all travel games this season & 380.1 Disposals in all other non-travel games. Geelong play 3 of their final 5 games interstate (R19 vs Sydney SCG, R20 vs Fremantle Optus Stadium, R22 vs Brisbane Gabba).
3. Luke Parker scored a season high 157pts in Round 14, he has scored 100pts or more in 5 consecutive games (Last 5 Game Ave: 124.4).
4. Lachie Neale scored 79pts in Round 14, he has failed to score 100pts or more in 5 of his last 7 games (Last 7 Game Ave: 92.6, First 6 Game Ave: 115.8).
5. Sydney conceded 1554.2pts between Rounds 1-10, the Swans have conceded 1389.0pts from their last 3 games (Rank 2).
Warnie, Cal & Roy discuss these takeaways on the Traders Podcast (32:32).