Connect with us

2018 Prices

Gold Coast AFL Fantasy Classic Prices 2018

Prices, positions & tips for the Suns.

Gold Coast have a plethora of young talent for fantasy coaches to look at during the pre-season & with a new coach on board there will be plenty of opportunities for players previously off the fantasy radar to thrive, Stuart Dew wants to implement a contested ball type game plan similar to that of Sydney so targeting Inside MIDS could be a good place to start.

Gold Coast found plenty of ball in 2018 averaging 387.5 Disposals in the 2017 H&A season, between Rounds 1-15 they were the top ranked team in the AFL averaging 408.5 Disposals per game before falling away late in the year.

Important: Gold Coast do not play at Metricon Stadium until Round 11 due to the Commonwealth Games , also a Round 10 Bye with no AFL Fantasy roster adjustments.


Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to download.

 

2018 Potential Targets:

Brayden Fiorini $589K MID

Fiorini averaged 83.6pst in his 2nd year at Gold Coast scoring 100pts or more in 38.5% of games, he has recorded 20 or more Disposals in 60.0% of career games at a fantasy average of 104.3pts which includes a career high of 166pts against Port Adelaide late in 2016. Considering his ball winning ability and a new head coach Fiorini is primed for a 2018 breakout, he is a must watch in the pre-season.

Michael Barlow $667 MID/FWD

If the AFL Fantasy forward line turns out to be slim pickings again in 2018 it likely won’t include the name of Michael Barlow, after an injury shortened 2017 season he averaged 94.8pts scoring 100pts or more in 33.3% of games and just 8.3% of games fewer than 80pts. Barlow is an inside Mid that will highly likely succeed under Stuart Dew, not blessed great pace playing in the midfield at a high percentage in a contested game plan should lock in his midfield time at a high rate under Dew.

Lachie Weller $521K MID

Weller’s fantasy numbers weren’t great at Fremantle averaging 62.7pts in 2016 & 74.0pts in 2017, but this selection is all about opportunity for his positioning as an Inside Mid & his low price which could turn out to be a top 2018 value pick. Adding to his fantasy potential Weller has not missed a game in the last 2 years, if you are looking for potential growth in a mid-priced Mid then he could be your man.

Pearce Hanley $509K DEF/MID

If you want a high ceiling Defender then Hanley should be worth considering, in his first year at Gold Coast he averaged 72.2pts scoring 100pts or more in 15.4% of games & 120pts or more in 7.7% of games. Volatility could be an issue for Hanley again as he scored fewer than 80pts in 61.5% of games, he is a definite must watch in the pre-season for positioning & team usage if he plays across half-back. Hanley is experienced and can find the ball in the right circumstances, a new coach, stable environment & playing group could see genuine upside in selecting him at Round 1.

Harrison Wigg $170 MID / Will Brodie $356K MID

Place Wigg on your mid-late season watch list, a fractured Ankle in early December will severely interrupt his pre-season. Once he plays you won’t be disappointed.

Brodie was described as a ‘clearance machine’ by Fantasy Freako in the 2017 Prospectus, he averaged 64.0pts from 3 games which included 23 Disposals & 89pts in Round 23 last season.

Note: If on a smartphone, turn it to landscape mode to view prices easier.

PlayerPos2017
Avg
2017
Gms
2018
Price
Hall, AaronMID9819$690000
Barlow, MichaelMID/FWD94.7512$667000
Lyons, JarrydMID94.518$665000
Witts, JarrodRUC92.3318$650000
Swallow, DavidMID85.8918$605000
Kolodjashnij, KadeDEF85.8211$604000
Fiorini, BraydenMID83.6213$589000
Martin, JackFWD83.0522$585000
Harbrow, JarrodDEF82.518$581000
Lynch, Tom J.FWD80.3219$566000
Miller, ToukMID77.9520$549000
May, StevenDEF77.3918$545000
Rosa, MattMID74.9519$528000
Weller, LachlanMID73.9522$521000
Hanley, PearceDEF/MID72.2313$509000
Wright, PeterFWD69.5522$490000
Lonergan, JesseMID62.119$458000
Sexton, AlexDEF6220$437000
Rischitelli, MichaelMID52.54$428000
Ainsworth, BenFWD59.6213$420000
Joyce, JesseDEF56.5917$399000
MacPherson, DarcyFWD52.638$389000
Young, AaronFWD5513$387000
Nicholls, TomRUC00$381000
Lemmens, SeanDEF/FWD52.7520$371000
Ah Chee, CallumFWD51.2914$361000
Brodie, WillMID643$356000
Schoenfeld, JoshuaMID49.254$355000
Leslie, JackDEF50.0813$353000
Bowes, JackDEF49.9111$351000
Spencer, MaxDEF58.25$348000
Thompson, RoryDEF48.147$309000
Day, SamFWD00$289000
Powell, WilMID/FWD00$234000
Scrimshaw, JackDEF404$231000
Scheer, BradFWD37.254$215000
Willis, MackenzieDEF372$200000
Ballard, CharlieMID/FWD00$188000
Jaska, JoshuaDEF00$170000
Nutting, ConnorDEF00$170000
Crossley, BraydenRUC00$170000
Dawson, JacobMID00$170000
Heron, JacobDEF00$170000
Wigg, HarrisonMID00$170000
Holman, NickMID00$170000

Follow @aflratings on Twitter and visit the website for more Fantasy.

Pete is our numbers man. Covering all things Fantasy, DFS and betting through his website and social platforms, at aflratings.com.au, knowledge is everything.

35 Comments

35 Comments

  1. Avatar

    Peter Thomas

    December 19, 2017 at 7:06 pm

    How frequent will these team price reveals be coming out? Daily?

    • Warnie

      Warnie

      December 19, 2017 at 9:48 pm

      Basically every couple of days.

      • Avatar

        Peter Thomas

        December 19, 2017 at 9:58 pm

        Sweet, thanks.

        Plans are already in motion

        • Avatar

          @AFLFantasy2k18

          December 20, 2017 at 5:40 pm

          you can find all the prices on the drawing board

  2. Avatar

    Mark

    December 20, 2017 at 9:13 am

    Is it Freo then Carlton the next two

    • Avatar

      Peter Thomas

      December 20, 2017 at 11:00 am

      Carlton then North, then Freo I think.

      Seems like they’re working their way up from where teams finished the season. I think that means that Tigers and Crows will be revealed last because they made the Grand final.

  3. Avatar

    Kingzy

    December 20, 2017 at 11:25 am

    The team picker is now available on DT live, is it safe to assume the pricing is correct on it?

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 20, 2017 at 12:56 pm

      prices are close so far say within $1,000 for ones I looked at

  4. Euman

    Euman

    December 20, 2017 at 12:55 pm

    teams done lol

    TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,528,000 (99.4%), Remaining: $72,000 (0.6%) On Ground: $10,846,000 (86.1%), On Bench: $1,682,000 (13.3%)
    Expected Total: 1984, Site Expected Total: 1664
    Def: K.Simpson (97), B.Houli (95), C.Mills (90), A.Kennedy (75), C.O’Shea (70), S.Murray (60) (K.Collins (60), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127), T.Adams (115), J.Kelly (113), P.Cripps (100), J.De Goey (90), M.Kennedy (80), A.Brayshaw (60), P.Dow (60) (L.Davies-Uniacke (60), T.Kelly (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (95), N.Naitanui (80) (T.English (60), O.McInerney (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (95), D.Smith (90), A.Young (70), A.Christensen (70), C.Rayner (60), H.Bennell (65) (J.Garlett (60), S.Hayes (55))

  5. Avatar

    Kingzy

    December 20, 2017 at 1:06 pm

    Sorry Euman but got your team covered lol

    Used: $12,578,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $22,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,218,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1717, Site Expected Total: 1717
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), K.Simpson (97.66), C.O’Shea (32.60), T.Doedee (24.10), J.Smith (24.10) (H.Goddard (24.10), S.Murray (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), P.Dangerfield (120.48), Z.Merrett (117.08), D.Martin (113.54), D.Beams (104.46), T.Rockliff (102.91), B.Ainsworth (29.48), N.Freeman (24.10) (H.Wigg (24.10), K.Mutch (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (O.McInerney (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), M.Robinson (82.64), A.Christensen (46.92), C.Rayner (38.27), H.Bennell (35.29), J.Higgins (33.73) (P.Ahern (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 20, 2017 at 3:08 pm

      looks good

      • Avatar

        Kingzy

        December 20, 2017 at 3:31 pm

        Thanks.
        I think I like this better.
        Better rookies

        Used: $12,571,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $29,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,211,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
        Expected Total: 2055, Site Expected Total: 1709
        Def: R.Laird (100), E.Yeo (100), K.Simpson (100), J.Lloyd (95), C.O’Shea (75), J.Smith (60) (T.Doedee (60), S.Murray (24.10))
        Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), D.Martin (117), T.Rockliff (120), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (70), B.Ainsworth (70) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
        Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
        Fwd: I.Heeney (95), M.Robinson (95), A.Christensen (80), C.Rayner (70), H.Bennell (80), D.Venables (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

        • Euman

          Euman

          December 20, 2017 at 4:53 pm

          yes surely poor old Freeman is gunna get a gig

        • Avatar

          GarysAGod

          December 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm

          Nice standard team, cant see rayner being worth it but i dont mind the team.

          • Avatar

            Kingzy

            December 20, 2017 at 10:17 pm

            Yea it is standard I guess, it’s the trades which ultimately gain rankings through out the season. Starting with as many predicted top 6 /8 players then trading in the bolters or ddp additions works.
            Rayner is a watch list, Higgins could be a better pick.

          • Avatar

            GarysAGod

            December 21, 2017 at 11:04 am

            Yep, standard doesnt mean bad, Rayner has JS which is good but i see him averaging max 60.

          • Avatar

            Kingzy

            December 21, 2017 at 11:34 am

            Fair call, 270 is a lot to pay for that.

            Another thing Iam toying with is Lloyd – Mills, Raynor – Lobb.
            Mills should be up for a good year

  6. Avatar

    Kel

    December 20, 2017 at 4:21 pm

    I’m gonna go early and predict Nick Holman to make a lot of teams early. Thought he was all right at the Blues and did well in the SANFL

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 20, 2017 at 4:52 pm

      will keep him on watch list

  7. Avatar

    PowerAde

    December 20, 2017 at 4:58 pm

    Weeeee!

    TEAM NAME: PowerAde. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,599,000 (100%), Remaining: $1,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,237,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,362,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1719, Site Expected Total: 1719
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Lloyd (92.13), H.Shaw (80.23), K.Collins (24.10), S.Murray (24.10) (K.Farrell (24.10), A.Johnson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), P.Dangerfield (120.48), Z.Merrett (117.08), T.Rockliff (102.91), D.Armitage (70.45), J.O’Meara (62.08), T.Kelly (31.75), H.Wigg (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), J.Smith (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), B.Frampton (24.10))
    Fwd: L.Dahlhaus (88.45), M.Robinson (82.64), R.Gray (81.22), H.McCluggage (61.09), H.Bennell (35.29), W.Rioli (24.10) (T.Brown (24.38), P.Ladhams (24.10))

    • Avatar

      Kingzy

      December 20, 2017 at 5:07 pm

      Noice.
      Armitages price is very tempting
      Dahl definitely put me off last year, and your a brave man with Shaw!

  8. Avatar

    Rasp

    December 20, 2017 at 8:10 pm

    TEAM NAME: Rasp’s Roughnecks. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,392,000 (98.3%), Remaining: $208,000 (1.7%) On Ground: $11,032,000 (87.6%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1690, Site Expected Total: 1690
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), K.Simpson (97.66), M.Hurley (94.12), C.O’Shea (32.60), J.Smith (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10) (H.Goddard (24.10), K.Collins (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), Z.Merrett (117.08), D.Beams (104.46), T.Rockliff (102.91), P.Cripps (98.23), J.O’Meara (62.08), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75) (N.Freeman (24.10), H.Wigg (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (B.Frampton (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (94.68), I.Heeney (92.13), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), J.Higgins (33.73), L.Ryan (31.18) (D.Venables (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

  9. Avatar

    Will

    December 20, 2017 at 11:40 pm

    just letting you guys know that for some players like Armitage, Seedsman etc. the prices on dtlive aren’t accurate as they haven’t been adequately discounted

    • Avatar

      Peter Thomas

      December 21, 2017 at 12:14 am

      Oh I didn’t even see this comment before I posted below. Whoops.

      So there is a couple mistakes, I thought so. Any idea when they’ll be fixed?

      • Avatar

        Will

        December 21, 2017 at 1:21 pm

        Absolutely no idea. I’m just guessing that these guys haven’t been discounted as their prices are only based on last year’s average (not taking into account missed games or previous year’s average). Assuming my calculations are correct, Armitage will be priced around an average of 65.2 so you’ll have a few more $$$ to play with

        • Avatar

          Will

          December 21, 2017 at 1:37 pm

          But I’m guessing the issues will be fixed when the official prices are announced for each team

  10. Avatar

    Peter Thomas

    December 20, 2017 at 11:52 pm

    Hey guys, is the pricing in the Drawing Board for some players wrong or has there been a mistake on the team price listings? Because Mitch Robinson is listed as $583,000 on the Drawing Board but on the Brisbane Lions Team Price List article posted on this site he’s listed as $542,000

    Also Kurt Tippets price of $439,000 hasn’t been discounted by 3% has it? Because he only played 9 games last year (1 fewer than 10, hence the 3% discount). When I calculate his average by “the magic number” I get $439,000 also, but then with the discount I get $426,000 so what should it be?

  11. Euman

    Euman

    December 21, 2017 at 9:47 am

    Note guys fro SC & RDT if you paid for the Gold Coach subscription then the early picker is already available. Only advice I would give is just before the systems roll into 2018 make sure you copy down your teams because In the past I am pretty sure they just disappear.

  12. Avatar

    GarysAGod

    December 21, 2017 at 11:08 am

    Coniglio should be priced about 89 im pretty sure which makes him a lock for me, anyone else getting on?

    • Avatar

      Nick

      December 22, 2017 at 6:52 pm

      I think he’ll go 103-108 so if he’s priced at 89 then he’s 15-20 under priced in my opinion. Probably won’t be top 8 but s very cheap premo keeper to start off with. Would take him over Parker and Fyfe

  13. Euman

    Euman

    December 21, 2017 at 11:37 am

    TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,509,000 (99.3%), Remaining: $91,000 (0.7%) On Ground: $11,093,000 (88%), On Bench: $1,416,000 (11.2%)
    Expected Total: 2019, Site Expected Total: 1699
    Def: K.Simpson (97), B.Houli (95), C.Mills (90), A.Kennedy (75), C.O’Shea (70), S.Murray (60) (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127), T.Adams (115), J.Kelly (113), D.Beams (105), P.Cripps (100), M.Kennedy (80), A.Brayshaw (60), L.Davies-Uniacke (60) (T.Kelly (60), N.Holman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (95), N.Naitanui (80) (B.Frampton (60), O.McInerney (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (95), D.Smith (90), J.De Goey (90), A.Christensen (70), H.Bennell (65), P.Ahern (60) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

  14. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    December 21, 2017 at 11:57 am

    TEAM NAME: Warm Up. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,519,000 (99.4%), Remaining: $81,000 (0.6%) On Ground: $10,889,000 (86.4%), On Bench: $1,630,000 (12.9%)
    Expected Total: 1656, Site Expected Total: 1656
    Def: M.Hibberd (92.56), A.Witherden (85.75), R.Burton (84.34), L.Duggan (67.33), T.Stewart (60.24), Z.Guthrie (33.59) (A.Pearce (27.78), B.McKay (27.64))
    Mid: J.Kelly (112.83), M.Crouch (106.59), P.Cripps (98.23), J.Redden (83.49), M.Kennedy (68.75), P.Dow (37.70), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), L.Fogarty (32.32) (B.Daniels (30.90), T.Murphy (24.10))
    Ruc: S.Jacobs (99.36), N.Naitanui (59.11) (A.Smith (37.42), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), D.Smith (81.50), M.Walters (79.52), J.Stringer (57.12), C.Rayner (38.27), H.Bennell (35.29) (J.Dawson (35.01), D.Venables (24.10))

    Thoughts, just a starting group but I’m thinking I’m a little heavy down back.

    • Avatar

      Dulcify

      December 23, 2017 at 10:02 am

      Daniels has had knee surgery. Maybe take out Stewart (although I do like him) put in Doedee, then hopefully you will have enough to upgrade Redden to Titch, side is decent, but does need a perma captain. Good luck.

  15. Avatar

    Thomas Harrison

    December 21, 2017 at 2:01 pm

    TEAM NAME: TheMaggots. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,595,000 (100%), Remaining: $5,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,235,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1719, Site Expected Total: 1719
    Def: E.Yeo (98.23), B.Houli (90.43), J.Johannisen (75.83), A.McGrath (70.45), C.O’Shea (32.60), T.Doedee (24.10) (J.Finlayson (24.10), J.Smith (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), P.Dangerfield (120.48), J.Kelly (112.83), C.Blakely (91.71), D.Armitage (70.45), J.O’Meara (62.08), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (31.75) (N.Freeman (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (S.Jones (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), D.Smith (81.50), M.Walters (79.52), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (W.Rioli (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

Leave a Reply

More in 2018 Prices