Lockout Chat

Lockout Chat – Rd. 12 (BYES1)

Discuss round 12 as it unfolds.

Discuss your moves up until lockout and everything across the weekend in the comments.

Catch up on the important articles leading into the round:

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

Play Moneyball every weekend for a shot at huge cash prizes. No season long commitment, just play when you want! Click here to play.

Featured Round 12 Guaranteed Contests

• AFL $75K Tigers vs Cats (Friday)
  • AFL $100K Saturday
  • AFL $50K Swans vs Eagles (Sunday)
  • AFL $75K Magpies vs Demons (Monday)
  • AFL $10k Magpies vs Demons $2 entry – max 20 entries (Monday)
  • Plus THOUSANDS of dollars to be won in single games across the weekend… be sure to check out the $2 mini contests with $3,000 prize pools!

* $2 entry beginner contests available for every round match-up

More than $350,000 in guaranteed prizes this weekend!

CLICK IMAGE TO BUY THE NEW TRUCKER CAP!

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Gaff is not liking the tag. Lloyd will have to score double to make up for him.

June 9, 2019 at 4:32 pm

He’s getting the ball enough for a hard tag. Just needs to start laying tackles. Lucky Lloyds having a day out.

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 5:58 pm

He did better in the second half. Happy to take his 91.

WestBimbyPapergoats

June 9, 2019 at 5:41 pm

What score is a pass this week?

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 6:10 pm

I’m on 1782 with Hore, Pendles, Grundy and Gawn to come, and already taking out the spud scores that won’t count. Because so many popular promos have made huge scores, the pass mark will be higher than the usual bye round – probably in excess of 2150. Some lucky sods will have selected Dramafield as Captain, so they will be huge. I had Jelly.

Mickey

June 9, 2019 at 6:20 pm

Pass mark 2150?. Are you on drugs?. 1900 will be an above average score .

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 6:34 pm

I hope so. I usually only get around a pass. I am not used to being much above, so I would be happy with this week’s result.

Mickey

June 9, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Sounds like you are heading for a massive score. Well done .

June 9, 2019 at 6:22 pm

There won’t be a pass mark for this week. It will all go off your 3 round bye average. People that have huge scores this round would have targeted this round as thier big one. If you can put around 1850+ points or more on this round and it be your weakest round premo numbers wise. Then you are well on track for a big 3 round bye average.

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Yeah, round 13 will be my weak one, but should be ok in round 14.

June 9, 2019 at 8:09 pm

But great first score by the sounds. Well done

Pendles4Brownlow

June 10, 2019 at 8:20 am

Thanks Petez. Up until the recent comments I thought everyone was going to have a blinder this week because my team is pretty vanilla

June 9, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Gaff on 58 with 7 or 8 minutes left. Then beast modes it to 91. Gotta love him. Wears a hard tag all night and still delivers a decent score. Im now 1687 with gawn,Grundy and baker to play. I’d be bloody happy with 1900+ considering I only fielded 12 premos

MumfordsA PlaygroundBully

June 9, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Should I downgrade Cuningham to P Naish
    or should I upgrade him to someone between 500-600 thousand priced mid range premo

Pendles4Brownlow

June 9, 2019 at 6:29 pm

I would do the downgrade if I could, but I have a lot of round 14 bye players so I cannot as I would cop a doughnut. Upgrading to a $500-600,000 player may not get you anywhere, as they would just be a stepping stone – if you do they would have to have a very low BE so you know you would make money off them.

June 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Downgrade mate if naish holds spot. Big cash grab on offer. Also depends on what works for your bye structure.

The Cricket

June 9, 2019 at 6:45 pm

“Mid range premo”? No such thing imo. They’re either premos or they’re not. And $500-600k is just a mid-price player, pure and simple, to be avoided like the plague! (Unless they’re ‘fallen’ premos, good for making $$ or actual keepers)

June 9, 2019 at 6:49 pm

+1 cricket

GOATMAN

June 10, 2019 at 7:57 pm

perryman?

Andy

June 9, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Now on 1588 with Hore, Baker, Grundy and Pendles to go. Might make it to 1900, or maybe more?

June 9, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Ive had friends and people ask me this weekend what a par score will be this round. I’d just like to mention that depending on how you’ve structured your team over each bye round, it will ultimately be a 3 round bye average that will determine how successful you are over this period. This will also be reflected with your overall ranking at the end of round 14……..Be careful not to just sideways to get scores, as you want your team complete or close to by the end of bye rounds.

Belly

June 9, 2019 at 11:41 pm

So what are you saying will a par score for the 3 rounds combined be Pete?
        6000?

June 10, 2019 at 12:43 am

Hard to say without the other 2 rounds playing out. I’m only playing on a guess atm. But i would say if you got around say a 1900 a round average. Then you have had a succesfull bye round. 2000 a round would be awesome. Our scores would be lower than normal due to more rooks on field. But I’d say aim for a 5700 overall. …………what I mean belly is I only fielded 12 premos this week with 8 rookies. So I went rookie heavy to allow myself 14 premos next week and 16 for round 14 as long as it goes to plan. So il average 15 premos over next 2 bye rounds. That’s why my score of 1687/15 for me is a shock. This wasn’t my week I was making a play for the no.1 spot which I currently am atm. But il drop back a few spots tomoz. I’m made a real focus to attack round 13 and 14.

June 10, 2019 at 12:53 am

I mean 15 for round 14

Belly

June 10, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Pete, my rd 14 is going to be my worst.
            2050 week r12, I would hope to get 1900-1950 this week, but suspect rd14 might be 1750-1800.
            So probably somewhere in the 5700-5800 all up.

June 9, 2019 at 7:03 pm

June 9, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I reckon def over 1900 Andy. Both your rooks are above average scorers.Plus baker named on wing. He should go well

Andy

June 9, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I still need five or six better prems, and that’s not gonna happen by the end of the byes. Ha!
        Dealing with injuries and having to cut crock prems has taken time and trades, but I’m getting there… I’ll have at least 3 upgrades coming in the next two weeks.

Andy

June 9, 2019 at 7:36 pm

And I’d be better off taking a non-playing rookie who could play in the future, rather than persisting with Corbett. He’s a waste of space. Shoot me if I ever select a Gold Coast player again.

June 9, 2019 at 7:52 pm

If your going down that road Andy. Try picking a rook yet to play but has been emergency a few times.

Mickey

June 9, 2019 at 6:47 pm

I’m on 1723. Gawn Hore and Baker left

Pendles4Brownlow

June 10, 2019 at 10:14 am

The leaders for this round are heading for >2200. I knew there would be teams with Dramafield as Captain

Mike

June 10, 2019 at 11:31 am

Even with Danger as captain, to get 2200 the other 17 players need to average over 110 so pretty good going!

Brendon

June 10, 2019 at 5:58 pm

What the heck do we do with brayshaw is he back

Marcus

June 10, 2019 at 6:16 pm

I was thinking the same Brendon

Sir Fartypants

June 10, 2019 at 6:19 pm

I only watched the second half but his role was the same one that rocketed him into uber territory last year. At $600k ish I reckon I’ll be in for round 14.

Marcus

June 10, 2019 at 6:15 pm

I only played 18 players in the first BYE Round and out of 18 players I scored 1853 and I am ranked around 1000 more or is the Ranking going to be calculated in a few minutes/hours after the game.

Belly

June 10, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Top weekly score was 2314!
      I managed 2050 and moved up just over 1000 just into the top 3000.

Pendles4Brownlow

June 10, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Three out of my last four today didn’t ton up, so I was left with 2189. I’m happy enough with that.