Trade Talk

Roy’s Trade and Rolling 22 Talk – Rd. 10

Roy has a look at some top trade targets and updates his Rolling 22. Discuss your early trade thoughts in the comments section.

• Roy

Get them in:

Lachie Whitfield (DEF/MID, $800,000)
I don’t often talk about getting a player in who is priced at $800K but Whitfield has forced my hand. After injured caused him to sit out for two weeks following a cork effected 39, he foiled plans for coaches waiting for his price to drop after covering his BE of 177 with an all time performance against the Blues with three goals and 18 marks for 190. He has a great run up until his bye and has a BE of just 116… Yes, I say ‘just’116 for this bloke.

Jack Ziebell (FWD, $589,000)
Four weeks ago Ziebell had a significant role change, moving into the middle of the ground and he hasn’t looked back. In that time he only has one score under triple figures and he set the Swans alight on the weekend for a thumping 155. He has a great three weeks ahead with games against the Dogs, Tigers and Sun and given his fwd status, low ownership of 3% and BE of 33 he ticks all boxes.

Shannon Hurn (DEF, $706,000)
Talk about getting it done! The premiership captain has taken his game to the next level over the past six weeks, dropping under 100 on one occasion in that time (ironically against the Suns) while going over 120 on three occasions in that time… Something that cant be said for many of our so called premium midfielders. He is nice and unique at just 9% ownership so sit back and enjoy the +6s.

Brayden Fiorini (MID, $765,000)
If you love a unique pick, look no further than the red hot Sun. He has fully embraced the responsibility of being ‘the man’in the unrecognisable midfield and is having a sensational season as a result is averaging a career high 113. It has always been evident that Fiorini was a talented Fantasy player but his form is something to behold with only two games under 100 and the other six are 110 or over including a 137 and 144 on the weekend. He is owned by one per cent of the competition.

Jack Crisp (DEF, $663,000)
Consistency has been an issue for Crisp in the past but ironically his weekly high scores is exactly what has him on the radar. He only has three scores under 97 and that is his lowest score in the last five weeks. He has games against the Swans, Dockers and Dees in the lead up to his bye and he is a nice point of difference back there with just 9% ownership.

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

You… Get the Chop

Caleb Daniel (DEF/FWD, $622,000)
The little Dog was having an outstanding season as the designated kicker across half back, having a los score of 86 between rounds two and seven with a high of 125. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been a shadow of that over the last two weeks with the likes of Matt Suckling back in the team and the warning signs are certainly there. He has a break even of 122 and it may be time to jump off.

My Trades

At this stage my trades are Danger and Williams to Ziebell and Ellis

Rolling 22

Update following round nine.

Defenders

Fremantle, DEF/FWD
12595

In the mix: Robinson, Ziebell

NDL

May 21, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Hi Legends,

D: Laird, Lloyd, Crisp, Ellis, B.Smith, Hore (Answerth, Garner)
    M: Treloar, Taranto, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Dunkley, Brayshaw, Duursma, Stack (Hayes, Ross)
    R: Gawn, O’Reilly (Fort, Ladhams)
    F: T.Kelly, Dangerfield, D.Martin, Worpel, Miers, Rozee (Gibbons, Setterfield)

Bank: 435k

Advice on the following trades:

Option 1: Hore –> Whitfield and Ross –> R.Young (Bank: $264k)
    Option 2: O’Reilly –> Grundy and Ross –> R.Young (Bank $304k)
    Option 3: Hore –> Ziebell and Duursma –> Boak (Bank $12k)

Option 3 gets an additional rookie off the field, but would not have enough cash to get Grundy/Whitfield the week after.

Advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Marcus

May 21, 2019 at 7:50 pm

If I were in your position I would be going the first Option.
      I traded out Doursma a few weeks ago and I should not of because he is making money still (I think). The only thing against the first Option is is Whit getting a hard tag this week. I am trying to plan my side around bringing in Whit next week.. I have been playing the BE game all year and I’m pretty happy with my team. This week the best player to bring in is Ziebell BE 33

jim

May 21, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Hi ndl imo you cannot win without grundy. o’reilly has been great for you at the price but i would nervous facing grundy as captain each week. Whitfield will surely be tagged in future, grundy not. cheers jim (currently in top 500 and i have both players, so im fairly impartial. Hope this helps)

JR

May 21, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Roy trading out Danger the week he plays GCS? Thats a big call.
    Want to bring in Whitfield for Williams but need to play the BE game and bring in Ziebell/Dusty.

Seamus

May 21, 2019 at 8:56 pm

theres a very high chance hes rested this week as he seems to be injured (he went off early last week). hes a tough call atm

Kjaks

May 21, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Hurn and 60k (bye round 10, 12, 8)
    or
    Ellis and 130k (bye round 10, 11, 9)

Seamus

May 21, 2019 at 8:58 pm

hurn, though id reconsider depending on your plans the next couple weeks. Do you need the extra 70k to make your trades next week?

Cripps

May 21, 2019 at 7:24 pm

What is the best pick this week

Zorko + 159k vs freo
    Zmerret + 90k vs Richmond

Alan J

May 22, 2019 at 12:30 pm

I think it’s a coin flip almost.. Both have that massive upside, but both also have tag ptoential

Mad Snake

May 21, 2019 at 7:50 pm

A pox on all Bulldogs players, especially Daniel, Bontepelli & Dunkley – trade all 3 in at top price only to watch each of them plunge immediately. Only Libba, bought at bottom & traded near top, moderates my opinion of the Dogs.

Pendles4Brownlow

May 21, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Libba put a wrecking ball through a lot of teams as well. I was lucky to miss the Daniel, Bont and Dunkley wrecking balls. Cannot trust the Bulldogs.

Josh Fellenberg

May 21, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Worth trading danger this week or hold?

Pendles4Brownlow

May 21, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Wait for the teams to be announced. Geelong play the Suns this week, so I reckon Dramafield will make a miraculous recovery and be named to play. However, there will be rumours that he will be a late out, even though he makes the plane to the Coast. Then as everyone panic trades him out, he shocks everyone, including himself, and plays – scoring 139 in the process. Of course, the precautionary moonboot, icepack on the knee and crutches during the post-match interview with Roaming Brian will ensure the drama continues into the next round when we will all be discussing whether to trade him out or not.

Liam

May 21, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Hey legends, thoughts on what trades I should do this week. Got 200k in bank

Trades atm are going to be either
    1. Williams/Scrimshaw – Boak/Garner +209k
    2. Williams/Scrimshaw – Ziebell/Garner +372k
    3. Williams/Scrimshaw – Any mid thinking Taranto/Garner

Any other trade ideas please suggest
    Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn,Smith, Williams, Hore (Lochart, Scrimshaw)
    Macrae, Cripps,Rocky, Brayshaw, Bcrouch, Fyfe, Walsh, Stack (Hayes Hately)
    Grundy, O’Brian
    Danger, Kelly, Daniel, Worpel,Rozee, Drew(Corbett,Young)

Pendles4Brownlow

May 21, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I have a similar dilemma in offloading Williams/Scrim. I like the Ziebell/Garner option because I already have Boak and Taranto, but unlike you, I don’t have Hurn. For me, Hurn/Garner may be best.

Then again, with Ziebell’s BE at 33, Ziebell this week then Hurn next week may be best

I have been back and forwards all week on this. The one I finally choose will be the one that sucks.

Alan J

May 22, 2019 at 12:31 pm

2 for sure

kizzasteam

May 22, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Bring Duncan in, he should go big against the suns

Miyagi-san

May 21, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Like a few others, any advice appreciated here legends… 72k bank
    D: Lloyd Houli Witho Zac Brodie Hore (young garner)
    M: Zach Rocky Conig Mrouch Brouch Brayshaw Dunkley Stack (Hayes Answerth)
    R: Grundy Gawn (ROB Cameron)
    F: Boak Telly Danger Worpel Newnes Miers (Corbett Burgess)

Only 3 rooks on field but some boys spudding hard (Bray, Newnes), injury issues (zac, danger,
    conig, mrouch) and 2 tough matches this week and next in league. Had planned on getting whit this wk but then 190 happened!

Options i have thought so far…
    1) zac/hore > whit/baker or 170k mid. ~105k bank, still 3 rooks on field (stack D, Hayes M, Miers F) but top 2 def.
    2) Miers/ Hore > whit/ young + 42k. Means fielding young/corbett at f6, and holding zac/ playing Garner or young at d6 to cover. Does get another rook off field long term though.
    3) Burgess/Cameron > Fort/ young + 83k. If no other issues/ injuries, potentially gives 30 green dots and 2 rooks making more $$.

Early days but thoughts appreciated!

Alan J

May 22, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Well, it has to be 1 doesn’t it?

Lachlan Jukes

May 21, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Team
    DEF: Lloyd, Rich, Smith, Williams, Hore, Stack (Answerth, Joyce)
    MID: Gaff, Cripps, Macrae, Cogs, Rocky, Brouch, Walsh, Lockhart (Hayes, Ross)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Boak, Danger, Kelly, Worpel, Miers, Balta (Corbett, Drew)

Obviously Williams is a priority to trade out but what can I do? I feel like Whitfield is a priority as my opponent has him, Ross and Drew also need to go but they both leave me short of grabbing Whitfield. If I get rid of Williams and drew and pick up Young from saints at $187K i can grab anyone bar whitfield. Advice appreciated champions.

Recall

May 22, 2019 at 10:03 am

Is Williams definitely out? Thought it precautionary since the game was over and he had tightness in the hamstring

Recall

May 22, 2019 at 11:04 am

Just read he’s been ruled out. Carry on

Alan J

May 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Can you grab a 170k rook, someone who’s newly named on on the cusp?
      I mean, it’s a punt, but if it gets you the No 1 scoring player in the AFL…. And who knows if keeps his spot long enough for a return on investment, I got stung by Ham a couple weeks back..

CJ

May 22, 2019 at 11:24 am

Williams to Hurn or Laird?

Both work for bye structure

Alan J

May 22, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Got some cash to splash from the WarneChest this week, but too many options..

1. hore to gaff/duncan/kelly – have to play garner, answerth or wilkie at D6
    2. ross to neale/JOM/macrae/cripps – flipping a donut for a potential 110+ player
    3. setterfield/drew to billings/mundy/ziebell – fixing up whatever dud is at F6

Dave Bajamo

May 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm

2 by a mile

Rory Shatkins

May 22, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Thinking of getting Ziebel but have 3 rooks playing in defence so would prefer to get one of them off the field. So could go Crisp. So Ziebel or Crisp?

CJ

May 22, 2019 at 8:06 pm

If you’re playing the BE game you can’t go past Ziebell. He’s also racking up midfield minutes unlike crisp

Petracca

May 22, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Is Danger must have if he travels to Gold Coast? Thinking about trying to be clever and playing the B/E game to grab him after his bye but feel like it will blow up in my face…

Already have Whitfield so other option this week was to bring in a gun midfielder such as Taranto.

Crouch

May 22, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Pick 1.

Ellis
    Or
    Billings?

Ando1

May 22, 2019 at 11:41 pm

1. Sloane (the tag) and constable to zball and billings
    Or
    2. Constable and Collins to zball and garner?

1 or 2

Josh

May 23, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Do I go:

Ziebel/Dusty as FWD and Duncan

or

Mundy as FWD and Yeo

Ryan

May 23, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Legends,

Bringing in zeibel this week for Williams and Zac Jones. I have got 3 rookies already onfield in defence and after Ziebel I’ll have $537k left in the bank. I need one more defender…who should I get?

GOATMAN

May 23, 2019 at 6:22 pm

I can get any player in the game..
    Do I prioritise Whit?
    I already have cripps, taranto, crouch, crouch, Lloyd, rocky, Grundy, gawn, boak and Neale.
    If not Whit who should I get?

Crouch

May 23, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Ziebell +120k or Whitfield?

GOATMAN