Trade Talk

Roy’s Trade and Rolling 22 Talk – Rd. 3

Roy has a look at some trade options for your team while also updating his highly anticipated Rolling 22.

• Roy

Another massive week of Fantasy that has left us with plenty of trades to explore.

Get them in:

Travis Boak (FWD, $717,000)
Is the number one target this week after another dominant performance where he scored 138 to give him an average of 141 to lead all players. In a spluttering forward line for many coaches, Boak is a breath of fresh air given he is outscoring the midfielders which no one saw coming. He is in career best form and I am not concerned about Ollie Wines return to the side.

James Worpel (FWD/MID, $531,000)
If you didn’t start with the Worpedo, surely you have seen enough and lucky for you he is still way under priced. The price and forward status make the Worp one of the biggest priorities in the game, especially as the experienced Hawk mids continue to succumb to injury. He has another outstanding game, scoring 97 which leaves him with a break even of 46. He still has only 29% ownership so jump on.

Tim Kelly (FWD/MID, $662,000)
Is off to a flying start to the season, averaging 110 after scoring 111 on the back of his second dominant performance from two. The time is now to jump on the star Cat who sits at 26% ownership and carries a break even of 75. Even when faced with the negative attention from the opposition, he doesn’t miss a beat. All class.

Lachie Neale (MID, $742,000)
Came under serious consideration for many coaches this pre season but the main concern was the lack of ceiling we have seen from him in recent years. Judging by the weekends effort, he may have rectified that issue with an impressive return of 146. He is a nice unique pick with an ownership of just 8% which is set to increase after his 43 possession, seven marks and six tackles effort.

Brad Crouch (MID, $580,000)
The Crow ball magnet is scoring like an elite premium but is still available for a bargain price. He pumped out another 109 to maintain his season average and has increased by 54K as a result. Despite that, the fact a star performer like this is available for under 600K with a break even of 48, it’s worth jumping on before he is out of reach.

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

You… Get the Chop

Josh Dunkley (FWD/MID, $658,000)
Has to be traded, even despite his match up with the Suns this week. The return of Tom Liberatore has had a greater impact than Dunks Fantasy coaches anticipated and after being given two weeks to show something… he hasn’t. Following his score of 68 on the weekend, he is averaging 74 over two games, reflective of his first half of the season last year, not his fruitful second half. He has dropped 37K and with a break even of 126, he is set to drop again unless something drastic happens.

My Trades

At this stage I am looking to get Boak in for Dunkley. I am fearful Roos rook and week one hero, Scott will lose his spot with Ahern and Anderson knocking on the door, so he could find himself as part of the transaction.

Rolling 22

Update following round two. Read last week’s by clicking here.

Defenders

Week
2019
Avg
Change

D1

Jake Lloyd
Sydney Swans, DEF
Absolute machine, clear number one, must have.
127127

D2

Lachie Whitfield
GWS Giants, DEF
Showed what happens when he is let off the chain.
133121

D3

Rory Laird
Rory Laird, DEF
Solid as a rock despite the large number of respected ball users in the Crows backline.
8393

D4

James Sicily
Hawthorn, DEF
Had a shocker, but that happens with most defenders. Will make up for it.
6385

D5

Jack Crisp
Collingwood, DEF
Forced his way in with that ceiling. Plenty of marks going around at the Pies.
142110

D6

Nick Newman
Carlton, DEF
Hanging by a thread with Tom Stewart rightfully throwing his hands up in the air.
6691

In the mix: Tom Stewart

Midfielders

Week
2019
Avg
Change

M1

Jack Macrae
Western Bulldogs, MID
Back to number one, just doing his thing. Very games on the upcoming fixture.
124116

M2

Adam Treloar
Collingwood, MID
Loving the extra space, dominating as a result. Also may cop Hutching attending instead of Sidebottom as a result.
152139

M3

Stephen Coniglio
GWS Giants, MID
Couldn’t handle the Hutchings attention. Needs to bounce back this week.
50106

M4

Matt Crouch
Collingwood, MID
Showed his class by saving a quiet game with a big last quarter.
101117

M5

Tom Rockliff
Port Adelaide, MID
Was on track for another monster before copping a Setterfield tag after half time.
115141

M6

Patrick Cripps
Carlton, MID
Warming up.
116109

M7

Angus Brayshaw
Melbourne, MID
Had a great game despite getting flogged at the Cattery.
121111

M8

Rory Sloane
Adelaide, MID
Has a nice draw ahead, still under-priced as a result.
110127

In the mix: Lachie Neale

Rucks

Week
2019
Avg
Change

R1

Brodie Grundy
Collingwood, RUC
Good to see the big fella back.
11298

2019
Avg
Change

F1

Patrick Dangerfield
Geelong, MID/FWD
The attention is going to Tim Kelly in the middle… Dangerous times for non owners.
134119

F2

Travis Boak
Port Adelaide, MID/FWD
Finally back in the midfield and in an uncustomary Fantasy friendly game plan.
138141

F3

Tim Kelly
Geelong, MID/FWD
Another amazing performance through the midfield, make sure you have him.
111110

F4

Devon Smith
Essendon, MID/FWD
Reputation can only keep him here for so long.
8690

F5

Justin Westhoff
Essendon, MID/FWD
Wasn’t great conditions for the Hoff on the weekend.
6593

F6

James Worpel
Hawthorn, MID/FWD
Even more important in the Hawks injury riddled midfield.
9799

In the mix: Luke Dahlhaus

Duz

April 2, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Genuinely have no idea what to do this week with trades. Very happy with all of my premo’s and rookies. Any advice would be appreciated

Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Duursma, Clark, Scrimshaw (Wilkie, Hore)

Macrae, Treloar, Coniglio, Cripps, Rockliff, BCrouch, Walsh, Constable (Scott, Gibbons)

Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Cameron)

Dangerfield, Billings, Setterfield, Drew, Parker, Petruccele (Schultz, Burgess)

My forward is weak after moving Mundy to Rocky so maybe Powell as an expensive rookie to get a more consistent 60?

Gary Ablett Snr

April 2, 2019 at 7:39 pm

When I have nothing else to worry about, which is rare, I look to bring in rookies for rookies with lower break evens than the ones I have that have a chance to make more cash. So Miers with -10 is a chance, I wouldn’t put him on the ground but he may be an option for Burgess who has a breakeven of 4. Its borderline and could easily bite you, but it wont be big if it does and might bank you an extra $10K.

rossco1

April 2, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Cripps could cop a hard tag this week from Hewitt, so how about Cripps/Schultz out – Cousins/Worp in?

Pistol

April 3, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Why would you get rid of cripps because of one week being tagged he is one of the top mid to premium costs i wouldnt trade him hard without knowing the test of your team sounds like you dont have sny issues if ya looking to do that

Andy

April 2, 2019 at 7:31 pm

What about LDU? Worth trading in for Scott?

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Very wary of him after last year lol – sadly was a fantasy rookie fail

Jimmy

April 2, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Milera, Rich, Tom Stewart? What one?

rossco1

April 2, 2019 at 9:13 pm

I like Rich at his price

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:18 pm

What is it exactly that you’re liking?

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Oh, and by the way, loving that the comments came up here without me having to click on a box! Thanks to the dttalk dudes for doing that :)

Owen

April 2, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Think you’ve got a few of the scores wrong Roy. Laird scored 83 and it’s showing Sicily’s score from R1.

Andy

April 2, 2019 at 8:22 pm

A very brief coverage by Roy. Must have media commitments?

Harry

April 2, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Struggling to figure out trades this week, happy with my premos, mid-provers and rooks, thinking of two options:

1. Elliot to Miers(start Parker) and Billings to Boak
    Leaves me with $160k+, don’t necessarily want to trade Billings but only way to get Boak before he gets too expensive

2. Elliot to Balta(start Parker) and Lobb to Gawn
    Leaves me with $30k

Leaning towards option 1 as thinking Gawn will still drop in price due to high BE, Boak will become too expensive soon and Miers will most likely make more cash than Balta in long run.

Any thoughts appreciated!

TT

April 3, 2019 at 12:10 am

Option 1

porkypies

April 2, 2019 at 8:42 pm

thoughts on billings to newnes to generate cash, similar output for the year?

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Not sure it’s a good strategy to sideways trade like that at this stage. Any rookie or injury issues to deal with?

jmad4141

April 2, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Considering a few…. Whitfield, crisp, kelly or worpel. Bit of cash and looking to upgrade, who would be priority to get in 1 being most important

Rambo Tambo

April 2, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Whitfield for score or Worpel for cash. Depends on what’s more important to you at this stage.

hazmashu

April 2, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Who is a bigger priority to get rid of out of Heeney and Dunkley?

rossco1

April 2, 2019 at 9:35 pm

HEENEY

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Allstars

April 2, 2019 at 10:55 pm

Same problem here. Heeney apparently still a bit sore/injured.

AC

April 2, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Which 2 would you field out of Rozee, Drew & Setterfield. Would also love to see Woosha axe Bellchambers and pick Clarke as solo ruckman haha. A fantasy?

Daniel

April 2, 2019 at 9:39 pm

Newnes a chance for top 6 forwards? What do you guys see him averaging?

Petracca

April 2, 2019 at 9:41 pm

1. Dunkley -> Boak (Keep Scrimshaw at D6)

2. Dunkley -> Whitfield via DPP (Scrimshaw to bench, Parker to F6)

Already have Worpel & T.Kelly.

Steve

April 2, 2019 at 9:41 pm

Thoughts on setterfield to powell to use as a stepping stone to get rid of in a couple weeks?

lucyluvless

April 4, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Bit of a worry that short term trade plans have a habit of going pear shaped when injury carnage strikes? The best laid trade plans of fantasy coaches oft go astray …

Trent

April 2, 2019 at 10:11 pm

What trade to do… Goldy to Gawn, Witherden to Whitfield?

Ba

April 3, 2019 at 12:05 am

Similar to mine goldy to Gawn
      Or laird to Whitfield,
      Gawn and laird prob both going down in price this week.

Marcus

April 3, 2019 at 5:40 pm

If it was me Trent I would definitely go Witherden to Whitfield as that’s what I want to do but not enough cash. Roy was saying that it looks as if Witho’s role has changed

M8

April 2, 2019 at 10:32 pm

Do I go Heeney to Boak? Don’t really like it cause I think Wines will affect his scoring and midfield time, but my other forwards are already Dangerfield, Kelly and Worpel. Or could go Burgess to forward line bench and get Whitfield but he is susceptible to the tag and that puts Parker on field in the forward line and Scrimshaw on the bench in backline. Thoughts?

Allstars

April 2, 2019 at 11:04 pm

RDT – I can’t get Jacobs to Grundy this week, but I could next (assuming he doesn’t go huge this week). Do I wait and cop a donut or roll the Dice on Mumford/Clarke similar?
    Trying to limit early trades

anth80

April 3, 2019 at 6:55 am

Hey guys.

Do people like these trades.
    Dunkley to Worpel and Scott to Cousins?
    Don’t really want to trade out Scott as he has a lot of money to make but I feel with the mids coming back for North he could be forced out.

Alan J

April 3, 2019 at 8:32 am

Across the lines I have 2 DEF, 4 MID, 1 RUC, and 2 FWD and have 2 options to get in a 3rd FWD..

1. BOAK + $10-20k in for Dunks with Rookie swap for Petruccelle/Scott (170k named player)..

2. WORPEL + $70-150k in for Dunks with Rookie swap for Burgess/Hore (Scrimshaw or 170k named player)..

Boak is likely to be Top 6 FWD, but the value of Worpel atm and having that cash for future upgrades is swaying me in his direction..

18. willski84

willski84

April 3, 2019 at 9:45 am

Trade dusty ahead of dunkley? they are similar in price, average and BE….
    I’m getting Worpel for either, for the cash, and if worps ends up in my mids, then its just a handy DPP

And for those of us dumb enough to start with Sauce Jacobs (hey, Matt is included) what are your thoughts on bringing in Sausage Mumford this week???

Pistol

April 3, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Wouldnt go near him with the 666 rule he might get the odd tackle but game will run away from him to slow in my opinion i was thinking phillips and cruizer worries me when he comes back then lycett is going really well over port but will he keep up the hundred scores im trying to get westoff in ruck but hes a bit pricey i have goldy he is being rage traded lol this week but have to be carefull who i pick or just hold goldy for another seek which sees another 30k drop

Mark Fawcett

April 3, 2019 at 10:13 am

Crazy to hold Heeney one more week against Carlton? I Think it’s still too early to trade out who I backed in start of season? Or trade up to any other forward except Dangerfield and Worpel who I already have. Can afford any of them.

Sunderpants

April 3, 2019 at 10:37 am

Witherden to Williams gives me enough to get a rookie up to a premo…

Boak
    Or
    Whitfield?

Pistol

April 3, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Looks good whitfield more conistant for longer

Ba

April 3, 2019 at 1:07 pm

Hey Roy
    Goldy to Gawn
    Or laird to Whitfield,
    Gawn and laird prob both going down in price this week.

JD

April 3, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Hey everyone,
    Have a few options and I am not sure what to do, any advice is recommended. I am happy with my Rookies and Premos except for some of my underperforming guys. The top 2 trade targets A. McGrath (Essendon – Def) and J. Dunkley (Bulldogs – Fwd) & +48K

Trade in:
    Option 1) L. Whitfield (Def – GWS) and W. Powell (Gold Coast – Fwd)
    {AM WORRIED ABOUT W. POWELL}

Option 2) J. Sicily (Def – Hawks) and J. Worpel (Fwd – Hawks)
    {AM WORRIED ABOUT J. SICILY}

Option 3) J. Crisp (Collingwood – Def) and J. Worpel (Fwd – Hawks)
    {AM WORRIED ABOUT J. CRISP}

Jack

April 3, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Libba and laird or Oliver and williams

Sam

April 3, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Dunks to Boak
    Heeney to powell?

Not too confident getting Powell but he has a low BE and I already have Worps – thoughts?

Anthony

April 3, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Really need to get sauce and dunkley out of my team, they’re losing too much cash
    Options are
    Sauce to Grundy and Dunkley to Rozee/powell (then trade in a few weeks)
    or
    Sauce to Mcevoy and Dunks to T Kelly?

Brad

April 4, 2019 at 11:52 am

I’m not what to really do with my team this week, I think I have good enough rookies to earn some money and premos aren’t doing too bad either…

Thoughts on any changes if needed?

DEF: LLYOD, CRISP, SMITH, ALLEN, DUURSMA, SCRIMSHAW (WILIKIE, BURGESS)

MID: SIDEBOTTOM,CONIGLIO, CRIPPS, A BRAYSHAW, WALSH, B.CROUCH, LIBBA, CONSTABLE (BAILEY SCOTT, ATKINS)

RUCK: GAWN, GRUNDY(CAMERON,FORT)

FORWARD: DANGER, BOAK, KELLY, PARKER, SETTERFIELD, DREW ( PETRUCELLE, BALTA)

Cheers,

Crouch

April 4, 2019 at 12:24 pm

M crouch or Taylor Adams

Hamish

April 4, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Is Rockliff a must have? Have half missed the boat but only way of getting him in would be through Patrick Cripps getting the boot. Unsure what to do.. any help?

Connor Standish

April 4, 2019 at 1:14 pm

I have enough money to either strengthen my forawrd line and get boak or strengthen my backline and get Lloyd whats the better option BOAK or LLOYD???

Prawn123

April 4, 2019 at 1:30 pm

Out of these ruckmen to replace Sauce who should I get; Nankervis, Witts, Goldstein, Sinclair and maybe Mumford if he’s named

Crouch

April 4, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Play
    1. m crouch and Parker (fwd)
    2. Boak and constable

TBaG

April 5, 2019 at 9:26 am

Hi All
    I’m super stumped on my second trade this week. I feel I have all the rookies I want and they haven’t fattened up enough and want to back them in again.

My only thought would be to trade Taranto (95 Breakeven and Kelly back this week) to Worpel. But not too confiwcon on this trade.
    I traded Heeney to TKelly
    Other thoughts are witherden, but to who?

$7k in the bank!
    DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Withered, Williams, Scrimshaw (Burgess and Lockhart)
    MID: Treloar, BCrouch, Rocky, Libba, Sheed, Taranto, Walsh, Constable (Scott, Butters)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Danger, TKelly, Setterfield, Parker, Rozee, Drew (Petrucelle, MLewis)

My FWD line is weak as, bringing Worpel in (as mid) may help