My Team

My Team 2022: Version 2.1

Discuss your squad over the community series games.

The praccy matches were run and ‘won’ (click here for all the DT Talk reviews) and now it’s time for the AAMI Community Series. It’s the dress rehearsal before the real stuff starts on Wednesday 16 March. Fixture for this weekend is below and this My Team is the place to discuss your squad as we gain more valuable data before locking in our squads.

AAMI Community Series

Sunday, March 6
Greater Western Sydney v Collingwood at Giants Stadium, 12.40pm AEDT
Sydney v North Melbourne at Giants Stadium, 4.20pm AEDT
West Coast v Fremantle at Fremantle Oval, 4.10pm AWST

Monday, March 7
Gold Coast v Geelong at Metricon Stadium, 6.40pm AEST

Click here to register for an account on DT Talk to discuss your team! Be sure to add a profile pic to distinguish your posts from everyone else.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of the new $14.8m salary cap. Click here to register for a DT Talk account. For all prices with priced at figures, click here.

Join our DT Talk group: LTY72PLA
Click here to join

1. AFLFANTASY

March 9, 2022 at 11:54 am

Any thoughts on this team, no uber premo mid with 167K in the bank

DEF: Crisp, Lloyd, Whitfield, McInerney, Hewett, Milera (O’Driscoll, TDK)
    MID: Jelly, Neale, Cripps, MCrouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Hollands, Mead, Smtih)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Coniglio, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, RalphSmith (Dixon, Martin)

• HelpIsOnTheWay

March 9, 2022 at 11:56 am

Not bad man, can go Milera to Sicdog if he isnt named or upgrade some bench spots to like xerri or Mcdon

• Double Parked

March 9, 2022 at 12:08 pm

Great side. Get Xerri on the bench and looks good to go

• Squid

March 9, 2022 at 1:38 pm

Bit too much “value” for my liking but decent nonetheless rookies pending.

• pendles4brownlow

March 9, 2022 at 3:32 pm

I know Sicdog is the rage, but I would get Milera to Rioli. Cheaper than Sicdog, and has a great role, while Sicdog will be given shutdown roles that will make him inconsistent. Bring in playimg rooks to the bench once teams are named.

• ballbags

March 9, 2022 at 8:25 pm

who is JHF, TDK ?

• The Kid

March 9, 2022 at 8:33 pm

Jason Horne-Francis, Tom De Koning. I assume “TDK” is a mistake and is meant to be “SDK” which is Sam De Koning from Geelong.

2. Kurt

March 9, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Thoughts on my team:
    DEF: Whit, Short, McInerney, Hewett, Sicily, Chapman (De Koning, Gibcus/Sinn)
    MID: Jelly, Neale, Serong, Crouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Stephens, MacDonald)
    RUC: Grundy, Witts (Dixon/S.Hayes?)
    FWD: Treloar, Cogs, Dusty, Butters, Brodie, Rachele (Ralphsmith, N. Martin)
    UTL: J.Hayes? or other selected basement DPP
    Thanks!

• Kurt

March 9, 2022 at 12:41 pm

^^ maybe Xerri in there too. NOTE: I have 271k left! ^^

• Shags

March 9, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Xerri with goldstein back in?

• Shags

March 9, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Ah, the value mid/fwd approach. It gets one rookie off the field. If Mrouch, Rowell, Serong fire you are killing it.

• Kurt

March 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm

Yeah I have some small concerns but I’m not a fan of stocking up on premos and I am a fan of the value picks which can backfire hard. Hopefully not :)

• Squid

March 9, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Technically this team could do well but the odds are stacked against you I feel.

Sure, if it all comes off you win a hilux but in reality being generous you have 8 50:50 midprice speculative picks in this team, the chances of nailing more than half of these is pretty low, overall you’ll be lucky to break even.

• Kurt

March 9, 2022 at 2:31 pm

Good call. Which of these mid pricers are you most hesitant about? I can go up to another premo and probably change structure a bit. Had Macrae in before and made way for Rowell and $$

• pendles4brownlow

March 9, 2022 at 3:38 pm

I know that you got a strong side by having Witts, but make sure you have a way of getting a living ruck if Witts gets injured. At present, $271k is enough to get you to Darcy, Marshall or ROB, if you are happy with them. Or Press in round 2.

3. The Octopus

March 9, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Looks like Zac and Cam are becoming Geelongs Twins Twahezleamoray

4. Shags

March 9, 2022 at 2:04 pm

1. Steele + Marshall

2. Jelly + Grundy

• Squid

March 9, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Without knowing more I’d go 2

• Shags

March 9, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Doesnt change the rest of my team. Its literally a choice of those 2 options.

5. Straight shooter

March 9, 2022 at 2:10 pm

7 spots left deep keeper league draft 6/8/2/6 with 18 reserves a good challenge for any fan of fantasy league code VKMM7CJX

6. Browny

March 9, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Hey legends would love some feedback/advice on this team don’t hold back what U think love the critics cheers

Bac: Whitfield, Short, Hewett, Sigdog, Milera, McCartin (Dr Koning, Sinn)

Mids: MacRae, Neale, Cripps, Crouch, Rowell, Daicos, JHF, Ward, (Hough, MacDonald)

Ric:Grundy, Marshall (Dixon)

For: Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Heeney, Brodie, Rachel (Martin, Ralphsmith)

Utility (Hollands)

Hoping to get word on Milera before Rd 1 have kept $303,000 for some flexibility Incase we need to pay up for some rookies

• Phteven

March 9, 2022 at 3:24 pm

Good work. For some reason Hollands hasn’t featured in Gold Coast games but there should easily be a basement rookies to take his place.

• pendles4brownlow

March 9, 2022 at 3:55 pm

Quite vanilla with a bank to replace non-playing rooks. Good. I have been turned off Milera due to his absence and Heeney because he played in the Fwds on the weekend..

7. Harry Andrews

March 9, 2022 at 3:06 pm

My latest fantasy team
    Def-Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Mcinerney, d rioli, milera (C.dean, J.Boyd)
    Mid-Mcrae, T kelly, Crouch, Cripps, Rowell, Daicos, THF, Ward (Hollands, Ralphsmith)
    Ruck-Gawn, Grundy (Dixon)
    FWD-Dunkley, Cogs, Martin, Butters, Brodie, Xerri (De koning, Rachele)
    UTL-will kelly
    29k in the bank some good value picks in here, pretty confident most of them will fire but wait and see so tough with not many basement rooks

• pendles4brownlow

March 9, 2022 at 3:49 pm

I take it you mean JHF? Also that your bench are placeholders until team announcements; some won’t play immediately (such as Dean is out for a couple of months). Hopefully some basement rooks are named, because 29k won’t be enough to fill the bench.

8. Liam

March 9, 2022 at 3:58 pm

My current fantasy team, any feedback/advice would be awesome, don’t hold back!
    Def – Whitfield, Short, Mclnerney, Hewett, Sicily, Milera (Sinn, Kelly)
    Mid – Macrae, Neale, Serong, Crippa, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (O’Driscoll, Mead)
    Ruck – Grundy, Gawn (Hayes
    Fwd – Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralphsmith (Skinner, De Koning)
    UTIL – Xerri

$237k in the bank, still need to figure out most of my bench. Have been thinking about getting in Bradley Hill if Milera isn’t named, but don’t know much about Hill as this is my first year back doing Fantasy (four year break). Also, is it worth having the double premo ruck?

• Shags

March 9, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Move De Koning to def, there are more fwd rookie options

• The Mash

March 9, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Milera MIA, if he is named great but no preseason action and everyone has him in there team. Otherwise OK

9. Sammy

March 9, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Thoughts on my team:
    DEF: Whit, Short, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (De Koning, Skinner)
    MID: Steele, Mitchell, Cripps, Crouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (O’Discroll, Stephens)
    RUC: Gawn, Grundy (S.Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Cogs, Dusty, Butters, Brodie, Rachele (E.Smith, E.Hollands)
    UTL: Gould

Salary Remaining: 117k

10. The Chosen Won™®©

March 9, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Any interest in a ALF Fantasy Cash league?

$50 buy in

$500 to League GF Winner
    $200 to League GF Runner up
    $100 Best Overall Rank after round 23 concludes.

For fact sheet and payment details.

Email: DTtalkcashleague@gmail.com

ALL payments must be in by 5pm Wednesday 16th March

Good Luck.

11. rob

March 9, 2022 at 5:15 pm

Mcinerney and grundy, or short and ROB? dont really wanna mess with the rest of my team

12. Digga

March 9, 2022 at 5:30 pm

DEF: Crisp, Short, Dawson, Whitfield – one has to go – which one?

• Gavin

March 9, 2022 at 5:41 pm

Reckon Dawson for this one mate – still too much uncertainty around him.

13. Dave

March 9, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Thoughts on team?

Def: Whit, Short, Sic, Hewett, Milera, 190k (Boyd,Kelly)
    Mid: Crae, Jelly, Neale, Cogs, Crouch, Ward, JHF, Daicos (Clark, Mead)
    Ruck; Grundy Gawn (Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunks, Dusty, Heen, Butters, Brodie, Rachele (Hollands, De koning)

Still unsure about heeney but not sure what to do with him..

• Dave

March 9, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Or i dumo heeney, put cogs forward and go with cripps

14. The Kid

March 9, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Here’s one for you

Grundy or English with an extra 222k? I would use it to upgrade my bench and have as spare.

I just have a bit of doubt around Grundy this year. Open to any suggestions.

15. Freo Tragic

March 9, 2022 at 7:14 pm

Would love some feedback on my team as it stands.

DEF: Whit, Short, Mcinerney, Hewitt, Chapman, Gibcus (Boyd, De Koning)

MID: Macrae, Titch, Neale, Serong, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (N.Stevens, Sharp)

RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)

FWD: Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralph-smith ( Martin, Xerri)

UTIL: H Dixon

231k in the bank but can squeeze a bit more by dropping Xerri should I need to fix some misses.

I like what Chapman was doing before his injury last year and would be my POD/ another cash generator should he continue to do what he did on the weekend.

16. Pick 2 pls

March 9, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Pick 2 of mills, jelly and Brayshaw

17. Shaun

March 9, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Any feedback
    Def: crisp, Whitfield, mcinerney, hewett, Sicily, Chapman (o’driscol, de konining)
    Mid: Mitchell, Neal, Cripps, crouch, Rowell, ward, jhf, daicos (Hough, stephens)
    Ruck: Gawn, Grundy(Dixon)
    Fed: Dunkley, cogs, butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralphsmith (Baldwin, Xerri)
    Utility: MacDonald
    170k remaining would love some feedback and Criticism

18. Josh

March 9, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Hey guys,
    Would love some advice (especially from Pendles) on this team which I believe will be very close to my starting team:
    DEF: Whitfield, Short, Dawson, McInerney, Hewett, Sicily (S. De Koning, Boyd)
    MID: Steele, Serong, Cripps, Crouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Serong, Mead)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Dixon)
    FWD: Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralphsmith (Baldwin, Durdin, Hayes)
    Bank: 137k
    Main worries about the team:
    1. Not completely sold on my defence set-up as I worry about Dawson and his calf (however Laird being out for a month is what is keeping him in my side as he should get the nice inside mid role) and the McInerney pick is out of desperation as there is no one really below 750k that I think offers better upside and I do not trust the likes of Milera, Jones, etc. Can we trust Dawson and McInerney?
    2. Tossing up between Steele, Touk and Macrae as my C. I also want to have Neale, Serong, Cripps AND Crouch but that is not possible with the big premo M1, Rowell and the 3 rooks. I’m not sure which out of the four to leave out. At this stage Neale is not in purely as he is 100k+ more than the other 3 but I could replace Serong or Cripps with him?
    3. Can we trust Brodie and Ralphsmith?
    4. I also am not sure what I can do with the 137k to improve team. Currently, it would be to pay up for a cash cow mid as it doesn’t look like there will be 2x 190k mids playing.

PLEASE LEAVE ANY THOUGHTS, ADVICE, TIPS OR IMPROVEMENTS. ALL IS EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!!

19. Adam

March 9, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Looking for some feedback or suggestions.

DEF: Crisp Whitfield Hewett Sicily Milera Kelly (De Koning Skinner)
    MID: Steele Macrae Neale Cripps Rowell JHF Daicos Ward (Stephens Mead)
    RUCK: Gawn Grundy (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley Treloar Coniglio Butters Brodie Hollands (Martin Dixon)
    UTL: Hayes