My Team

My Team 2022: Version 2.0

It’s scratch match time, so time to talk about what you see… and your team!

Practice matches for 2022 are here! This is where we get some REAL insight (well, more real than playing intra club games against their second tier opponents). This My Team is your opportunity to chat about your team and the games that are being streamed on Kayo. See the schedule below. We’ll have reports where possible.

Wednesday, February 23
Essendon v Western Bulldogs at the Hangar (3pm AEDT)

Thursday, February 24
Carlton v St Kilda at Ikon Park (10am AEDT)
Melbourne v North Melbourne at Casey Fields (11am AEDT)

Friday, February 25
Brisbane v Adelaide at Metricon Stadium (10am AEST)
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide at Metricon Stadium (2pm AEST)
Collingwood v Hawthorn at Morwell Recreation Reserve (4pm AEDT)
Sydney v GWS Giants at Lavington Sports Ground (6pm AEDT)
West Coast v Fremantle at Optus Stadium (4.40pm AWST)

Saturday, February 26
Geelong v Richmond at GMHBA Stadium (1pm AEDT)

Click here to register for an account on DT Talk to discuss your team! Be sure to add a profile pic to distinguish your posts from everyone else.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of the new $14.8m salary cap. Click here to register for a DT Talk account. For all prices with priced at figures, click here.

Join our DT Talk group: LTY72PLA
Click here to join

1. JL

March 1, 2022 at 11:45 am

Butters or Lipinski?
    Cheers.

• JOSH

March 1, 2022 at 3:43 pm

BUTTERS

2. Sam

March 1, 2022 at 2:11 pm

1. Gawn, butters and sinn
    Or
    2. Darcy, Crisp and Holland’s?

• Deebangers

March 1, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Option 1

3. Deebangers

March 1, 2022 at 2:40 pm

Lloyd and Butters or Dawson and Cogs?

• Campbell

March 1, 2022 at 3:48 pm

Role without Dawson this year for Lloyd is quite enticing and Butters looks like he will be handed that midfield time that everyone wants to see and showed what he can do when given that, etc. Scratch Match against Gold Coast

Dawson has calf soreness atm so depending on how he is come round 1 I wouldn’t want to bargain with that, and cogs does look good but it depends on whether Leon cameron decides to chuck him forward for a change and we just cant have that in our teams

I’d look at this weeks scratchies to see how all of them perform and were they are besides Dawson because hes obv not playing

But if it was me I’d roll with Lloyd and Butters

4. Wathen FC

March 1, 2022 at 3:08 pm

Done a little adjusting after the first “round” of the pre-season. Honest thoughts would be greatly much appreciated.

Remaining Salary: $30,000

My Team:

Defence –
    Aaron Hall, Jack Crisp, Lachie Whitfield, James Sicily, Wayne Milera, Josh Sinn [Will Kelly, Charlie Dean]
    Midfield –
    Jack Macrae (VC), Tom Mitchell (C), Lachie Neale, Caleb Serong, Matt Crouch, Matthew Rowell, Jason Horne-Francis, Nick Daicos [Ben Hobbs, Nathan O’Driscoll]
    Ruck –
    Brodie Grundy, Jarrod Witts [Jacob Edwards]
    Forward –
    Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar, Cameron Rayner, Will Brodie, Liam Henry, Joshua Rachele [Elijah Hollands, Jai Serong]
    Utility –
    [Jackson Mead]

March 1, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Not a fan or Hall think he maybe Injured?

Have the big 3 bulldogs to start season is ballsy.

Reports say Witts is touch and go for round 1

I think Raynor is the Ty Vickery of 2022.

Good Luck in 2022™®©

• Phteven

March 1, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Although only bench warmers, Kelly, Hobbs, Jedwards, and Jerong are not necessarily playing round 1. Easily fixed by whoever rocks up.

5. JOSH

March 1, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Ridley and Crouch or Oliver and Milera ?, tough descision

• BangleDangles

March 2, 2022 at 4:44 pm

Oliver and Milera

6. Kingzy

March 1, 2022 at 4:30 pm

What do you guys see these players average?

For me:

Connor West – 70
    Curnow – 60

8. Harry Andrews

March 1, 2022 at 6:28 pm

my team with 160k in the bank
    def:
    Whitfield, dawson, hewett, sicily, milera, sinn (o’driscoll, dean)
    Mid:
    Steele, Titch, Cripps, Lipinski, Rowell??, THF, Daicos, Ward (Mead, Soligo)
    Ruck:
    Grundy, Gawn (Hayes)
    FWD:
    Treloar, Martin, Weller, Heeney, Brodie, Rachele (Hollands, Ralphsmith)
    UTL: De Koning
    rowell or Lipinski could be upgraded? maybe dawson to crisp?
    Thoughts on matt crouch? also could trade treloar for dunkley

• pendles4brownlow

March 1, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Good team, but I think that you should change Rowell or Lipinski to Crouch. Having Cripps, Rowell and Lipinski, and no Crouch, is risky. Cripps is probably the most likely to rise in value as he has proven himself before, and an injury-free Crouch is a must have at his price. I like your fwds. I might have to try to fit Weller in. I think Treloar and Dunkley are same same, toss of the coin to say who you pick – Treloar saves a a few pennies.

9. Nolzy

March 1, 2022 at 7:34 pm

2 spots remaining in our league, looking to fill, starts round 1. All are welcome, all skill levels. Code is 2CUJKZYS

10. Ron Burgundy and the Channel 2 News Team

March 1, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Hi everyone good luck to you all this year good to be back and excited about improving this year.
    If anyone is keen to join my league can use the code SCLTAK9K
    I consider myself intermediate rank but feel free to jump on. All the best

11. Brant Bebbington

March 1, 2022 at 7:36 pm

$46K remaining

Def. Crisp, Whitfield, Sicily, Hewitt,. Milera, Sinn. (2×190 rooks)

Mid. Steele, Mitchell, Serong, M.Crouch, Lipinski, W. Brodie, N. Daicos, Hobbs (2×190 rooks)

Ruck. Gawn, Grundy (1×190 rook)

Fwd. Dunkley, T.Thomas, Martin, Heeney, Ralphsmith, W. Kelly (2x 190 rooks)

Utility (1x Dual position 190 rook)

Pretty happy with what I’ve got here. Want to lock in the 2 big Bois in the ruck.

March 2, 2022 at 7:14 am

Not sure we will have 8 x 190K Rookies..

Good Luck in 2022

• Phteven

March 2, 2022 at 8:47 am

I can see 2, possibly 3. Plus a guy worth $220k.

12. Tony

March 1, 2022 at 8:07 pm

Hi guys, what do you think of my team? :)

Don’t fancy paying up for the big dawgs in the middle considering how underpriced some players are

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (Odriscoll, Dean)

Mids: Neale, Dangerfield, Coniglio, Worpel, Crouch, Lipinski, JHF, Daicos (Ward, McInnes)

Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)

Forwards: Treloar, Martin, Heeney, Butters, Brodie, Rachele (Long, Kelly)

Utility: Mead

March 2, 2022 at 7:13 am

Overall a good team just missing one thing….

Good Luck in 2022

• Tony

March 2, 2022 at 9:27 am

What’s that The Chosen Won?

March 2, 2022 at 10:25 am

A solid captain option.

Good Luck

• Double Parked

March 2, 2022 at 10:33 am

I reckon Grundy + Gawn is sufficient. Solid team. I’d find a way to get Dunks though

13. Lach

March 2, 2022 at 9:44 am

Hey guys, welcome to the new year, almost started. Came 83rd last year, was hit by injuries early last year but traded my way back up.

Feeling pretty comfortable with my team so decided to give it a share.

8k remaining
    DEF: Lloyd, Whit, Short, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (O’driscall, Dean)
    MID: J. Kelly, Simpkin, Neale, Cripps, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Macondald, Mead)
    RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Dusty, Butters, Heeney, Brodie, Rachele (Hollands, Durdin)
    (Tsias)

Cripps is the only one which I think is a major preseason watch. Considering Serong if plays well with Fyfe and Mundy, and considering M. crouch if has good TOG and CBA. Apparently felt sore and limping post game…
    Heeney as well is a watch with Papley injury, will find a way to get to Cogs/Thomas if need be.

Good luck this year everyone

• Dulcify

March 2, 2022 at 10:23 am

Nice team Lach. Serong does sound like a better fit than Cripps, or you could go a bit left field and go one of Cogs/Thomas to give you a mid/for link. Well done on last year’s effort. Good luck for 2022.

March 2, 2022 at 10:24 am

Your Midfield lacks punch and honestly i dont see any of your Mid’s top 8 that’s a lot of sideways trading.

Good Luck

• Lach

March 2, 2022 at 11:04 am

Lucky it’s not your midfield then!

I can see Kelly going as he finished the year at 111. I also see Simpkin taking a massive jump to 105+ as does Neale average that.

Lack of captaincy options? Maybe, but last year went for value + Zerrett and Zerrett was the one I regretted picking. This year going similar structure except not paying out for that big bloke

Wouldn’t be sideways trading them at all mate 👍🏼

March 2, 2022 at 11:21 am

I would like to agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Good Luck in 2023

• brad

March 2, 2022 at 11:58 am

Now who to follow, a guy who finished 83 last year or a guy who is all talk, not game enough to show his team and turns every other person in here into a foot soldier.
            No offence CW but you are an absolute tosser.

March 2, 2022 at 12:11 pm

Thanks Brad for the kind words..

Foot Solider? I think you mean Emily and her foot fetish?

You want to see my team? Sure send $19.95 to my paypal and i will be happy to share it with you.

Good Luck Never

• Squid

March 2, 2022 at 1:05 pm

Who to follow? Foot soldiers? Unfounded insults ( he’s only a bit of a tosser :) such helpful and constructive thoughts you have to share “brad”.

This is a light hearted fantasy footy community not some militant political organisation, if you don’t like people expressing differing opinions just leave.

Alternatively chill out and join in, all keen fantasy coaches are welcome here.

Also, decent team Lach, agree with CW in that the mids are a bit weak compared to other teams but I reckon you more than make up for it elsewhere, I’m going with something quite similar but M5 is JHF allowing me to go M1 Touk because I reckon he is value at any price, been awesome the last 2 years and just keeps getting better.

• Gary Lion

March 3, 2022 at 12:58 am

lol CW just got rekt #rip

• Mighty Puds

March 2, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Nice looking team. Definitely concerned about the rumours surrounding Crouch but hopefully he’s ok. Considering Cripps or Serong at that slot as back ups. Interesting to see the midfield lack popular big dog/captaincy options like Steele, Titch, Macrae etc but guess not everyone likes them to start this year. Don’t think Papley put hurts Heeney much, as forwards they’re different types of players and the swans have other medium/small types to fill the gap. Plus Kennedy moving out and Mills in doubt helps as well. Thomas is a big watch when the rest of the North midfield returns, Cogs still makes me nervous. Hewett has been in plenty of teams recently, not sold on him here? But then again, never finished top 100 so not the best judge..

• Lach

March 2, 2022 at 12:44 pm

Hey mate, not sold on hewett. Played midfield for swans for years (even before HB) and never showed scoring potential. Although will be playing midfield at blues, he will still have a defensive positioning with him throughout some games. He’s been a tagger and when it’s needed, or a ‘run with’ role, he’ll be the first they turn to

Definitely a weak point having no big dogs, but hopefully the strength in other positions help with this as I’ll have less to worry about with failed fwd and defenders which usually happen each year

• Double Parked

March 2, 2022 at 12:17 pm

Great pre-AAMI squad. Going similar to you in not paying up for any bloke in the mids. The only guy I’d consider is Titch but he’s out for me at the moment.

I guess the major things I’d be watching this week are:
      – Whether Short presents enough value to warrant a starting selection, and whether Hewett could come in for him as a stepping stone
      – If Matt Rowell is an option given he doesn’t seem to get any cheap ball
      – Similar as above for Cripps

Like Simpkin a lot. Can go 105-110 I reckon based on his second half of last year

• Lach

March 2, 2022 at 12:47 pm

Hewett hasn’t really been on the radar for me due to previous history. Will still be a defensive mid before an offensive mid and if Carlton need a run with role, it’ll be him.. fortune favours the brave and I wish everyone picking him to go well. But him being at D3 for me I don’t like the risk attached and wanted to pay up to short for a safety net in scores which I think can go 100+

Definitely a watch on rowell. Not sold yet, but if he goes 70-75, which is doable.. that’s 20 points underpriced which is something we have to consider. We don’t need 90’s only 75’s. However I am also considering a Smokey in Newcombe depending on his role.

Cheers mate, love to see a fellow Simpkin lover

March 2, 2022 at 4:24 pm

110 Will?

5 scores under 70 last year means he’s prone to bad games and will have to have 150’s to offset those poor games to maintain a 110 average.

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
        Good Luck™®©

• Double Parked

March 2, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Second half of the season had a low of 96 excluding the one tagged game, going at 110. Seems a great option, would much rather him than Steele.

• Mighty Puds

March 2, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Steele did go at like 130+ post the bye though… Think Simpkin is a good pick but it’s not like Steele is a bad pick.

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 10:27 am

Spot on Puds, you can’t expect every player to increase in value, say Steele goes at 120, will likely lose a bit of cash but will still be a top mid and year long keeper/captain option. for me that’s a huge win even over Simpkin going 110 unless you do something amazing with the spare cash.

Value isn’t just a question of increasing $$$.

• Double Parked

March 3, 2022 at 10:40 am

Uh, yeah it is. Look at the past 6 winners

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 12:26 pm

Your point? All also started with premos which either did drop some $$$ at some stage, bought in players at full price and/or had at least a few dud “value” picks.

The 2 main things past winners show me is you need cash generation, mainly from good rooks as opposed to everyone not losing coin and luck, so much luck, like 90%+ luck easily.

• Double Parked

March 3, 2022 at 12:38 pm

~210k is a lot. Could almost guarantee you can do something more productive with it

• Double Parked

March 3, 2022 at 12:40 pm

Also the fact that a guy won once shows it’s far from luck based. Sure there is definitely some luck, but there is a science to it and the science shows picking top priced guys is a flawed strategy

• Double Parked

March 3, 2022 at 12:41 pm

Won twice* and other blokes have had multiple top 10 finishes

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Didn’t say you don’t need skill, clearly you need a clue but without luck you ain’t winning. Plus all the past winners also had full price guns in their starting squads because not doing so is silly.

March 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Its a fine line between points and price. You need players scoring but you also need players who are making you coin team value is important.

My most expensive player is Mitchell and my cheapest on field rookie is Diacos. I have Sinn D7 Ward M7 and “Billie” Rioli and my F7. With the Covid BS lingering having decent Bench cover will be key in 2022.

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
                      Good Luck™®©

14. DBoms

March 2, 2022 at 2:27 pm

Keen for some thoughts. 35k left

DEF: Whitfield, Short, Ridley, Sicily, Milera, McDonagh (De Koning, Dean)
    MID: Steele, Titch, Neale, Serong, Crouch, JHF, Daicos, Ralphsmith (O’Driscoll, Mead)
    RUCK: Grundy, Darcy (Hayes)
    FWD: Treloar, Thomas, J.Graham, Heeney, Brodie, Hollands (Smith, Kelly)
    UTL: Comben

Current thoughts:
    – Would like to find the money to put Sinn in at D6
    – Big AAMI watch on both Thomas and Graham. I have been hot on Graham all pre season, and I am still confident he will increase his mid time this year, and should be good. Same boat with Thomas, as everyone else agrees. I think they both need an AAMI watch to see their roles / outputs with full strength mids. They can become any of: Dusty, Cogs, Butters, Bailey
    – Unsure where to bring in extra cash at the moment. Only options I see are losing Steele, and/or swapping Ridley for Hewett. Not keen on either option. Hoping to hold off making too many changes until it is clear what rookies will be available.

15. Lloyd of the Rings - Return of the Fantasy King

March 2, 2022 at 3:04 pm

Anyone considered sitting Dunkley in the midfield with the intent to move him into your forward line down the track? Been flirty with the idea of him or Cerra.

• Deebangers

March 2, 2022 at 3:12 pm

Dunks is currently in my midfield.

• Squid

March 2, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Not really, also kind of makes no difference if you have dpps etc. It just will just mean you have to play an extra rookie on the line you don’t put him on, since mid rooks look strongest at this early stage I reckon you’re probably better off playing him forward but your team your choice.

• Thrice

March 3, 2022 at 12:53 am

Squid makes no sense. He is a tool. There is a heap of value in the forward line so you can dig deep into this value by throwing some in the mid and treating them as if they are midfield picks but with the added benefit of DPP flexibility. Why choose from Duncan, Dunkley Butters, Martin, Thomas Heeney, Cogs, Treloar when you can have them all? I cant find a similar priced pure midfielder with more upside than any of these blokes? Maybe Crouch, Serong, Cerra, or Neale on the pricey side, but i wouldn’t by any means say the mid has more value.

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 10:06 am

Thanks for your kind words and complete misinterpretation of what I said. Clearly the mid rooks look most promising and unless you are stacked to F6 playing Dunkley in mids just doesn’t make sense or with dpp, any difference whatsoever ie Rachelle and dunks both on field in different lines it’s completely irrelevant who plays where.

Also nice job contradicting yourself, first by saying there are no pure mids with the upside of the forwards only to immediately rattle of a few of the many as good or better options then potting CW for having the same opinion as you.

You should probably go practice your basic thinking and planning skills, not to mention manners, before conversing further.

March 3, 2022 at 2:17 pm

Twice got owned!

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
            Good Luck™®©

16. The Chosen Won™®©

March 2, 2022 at 4:26 pm

Sits M4 for me, structure looks so much better.

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
    Good Luck™®©

• Thrice

March 3, 2022 at 1:03 am

No-one cares about your team. You finish outside the top 10,000 every year.

March 3, 2022 at 9:09 am

Well well well me ole mate twice having the day off school today champ?

Good Luck in 2029™®©

17. JT & Frenchy, Gangsta Boys

March 2, 2022 at 4:30 pm

Hey Legends, Lachie Weller or Adam Cerra?

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 10:33 am

Neither on my radar but I can see upside to both, I’d go Cerra if I had to pick, better potential & opportunity to display it.

18. T2

March 2, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Thoughts legends?
    50k in the bank
    Def: Crisp, Whit, Dawson, Hewett, Sic, Milera (Kelly, Dean)
    Mid: Steele, Titch, Serong, Crouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Clark (Mead, Stephens)
    Ruc: Grundy, ROB (Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunks, Dusty, Thomas, Heeney, Rachele, Hollands (Comben, Durdin)
    Util: O’Driscoll

as I was typing this out I realised I still had Clark M8 that’s subject to change wherever I can get the cash, maybe Hewett down to Sinn, also not sold on Rowell, see how the community series goes I Guess. Any tips appreciated.

19. Western Warrior

March 2, 2022 at 7:56 pm

1. Worpel and Zac Bailey
    OR
    2. Lipinski and Zac butters

20. Zac Park

March 2, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Def: Crisp, Lloyd, Ridley, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (2x190k rooks)
    Mid: Steele, Titch, Neale, Serong, Lipinski, JHF, Daicos, Ward (2x190k rooks)
    Ruc: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)
    Fwd: Duncan, Dunkley, Heeney, Maginess, Rachele, Hollands (2x190k rooks)
    Utl: 190k rook

21. Gary Lion

March 3, 2022 at 12:41 am

Thoughts on Bailey Dale?

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 10:16 am

Solid but not quite top 6 def I reckon.

22. John

March 3, 2022 at 7:28 am

Help please..

1. Tom Mitchell, ralphsmith or
    2. Zac bailey and heeney

March 3, 2022 at 9:18 am

118 + 55

90 + 94

Good Luck ™®©

• Squid

March 3, 2022 at 10:14 am

Yep, but I’d still go 1 for structure and cash generation as 1 will give you a basically guaranteed gun mid C option and a good rook. 2 is a pair of speculative maybe top 6ish fwds. Keeper + cash beats a pair of likely passengers (admittedly not bad ones) for mine.

23. Chewy

March 3, 2022 at 9:53 am

Looking for a competitive league feel free to join HAPUTCCS hurry before spots fill up.

24. Rob.

March 3, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Currently have Crisp, Whit and Sicily

Thoughts on hewett at D4? Thanks.