My Team

My Team 2022: Version 1.2

Discuss anything about your Fantasy squad.

Fantasy is open for 2022!

Click here to register for an account on DT Talk to discuss your team! Be sure to add a profile pic to distinguish your posts from everyone else.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:10pm AEDT, Wednesday 16 March at the bounce of Melbourne v Western Bulldogs. The rolling lockout will be in place again this season, so make sure you’re on top of when games are played in round one as to help you lock in your squad. All times below AEDT.

Wednesday, March 16
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 7:10pm – Seven/Fox

Thursday, March 17
Carlton vs. Richmond – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 7:25pm – Seven/Fox

Friday, March 18
St Kilda vs. Collingwood – Marvel Stadium – 7:50pm – Seven/Fox

Saturday, March 19
Geelong Cats vs. Essendon – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 2:10pm – Fox Footy
GWS GIANTS vs. Sydney Swans – Accor Stadium – 5:10pm – Fox Footy
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide – The Gabba – 8:10pm – Seven/Fox

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 1:10pm – Fox Footy
Adelaide Crows vs. Fremantle – Adelaide Oval – 4:10pm – Fox Footy
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS – Optus Stadium – 7:40pm – Fox Footy

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of the new $14.8m salary cap. Click here to register for a DT Talk account. For all prices with priced at figures, click here.

Join our DT Talk group: LTY72PLA
Click here to join

1. Jack

February 22, 2022 at 5:08 pm

serong and butters or caldwell and duncan??

• Kingzy

February 22, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Serong Butters
      Duncan is under done cant pick him.
      But I think Caldwell is a great pick and hard to give up

2. Gandreg Gustavvson

February 22, 2022 at 5:22 pm

Cant help you as I’m bullish on Caldwell and Serong! Indifferent to the other 2.

3. Kingzy

February 22, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Hey guys, whats the thoughts on this team?
    Seems very balanced, only weakness I can see is R2?

DEF:Whitfield, Short, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Milera (O’driscall, Dean)
    MID:Steele, Neale, Serong, Crouch, Caldwell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Stephens, Mead)
    RUC:Grundy, Preuss (Hayes)
    FWD:Dunkley, De Goey, Thomas, Heeney, Butters, Curnow (Hollands, Kelly
    ULT:Mcinnes

$1K left

• Squid

February 22, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Mids are pretty weak don’t like the backs, do like rucks and fwds.

You’re a bit light on for true premos/keepers to fit all the mid pricers in for my liking BUT it could go ok I guess, with $1k in the bank I hope you have contingency plans just in case.

Not your worst effort.

• Thrice

February 23, 2022 at 1:37 am

Every year there is that one bloke that strives to create the illusion of Big Dick Energy amongst the DT community but behind the smoke and mirrors is just a flaccid chode that gives out shithouse advice in support of selecting their own rubbish team. This year that bloke is Squid.

Working with a heavy rookie midfield has significant value, given the forward and backlines have substantial depth. We can’t expect too much out of the forward and backline rookies until we see some preseason form so for now a stacked rookie mid seems completely valid.

I don’t see the 1k being a problem because if something goes wrong its likely to be a mid pricer that holds value in downgrading. Preuss is the only real risk, but im sure you will see how he goes in preseason.

Good luck.

Peace

• The Octopus

February 23, 2022 at 8:32 am

I’m gonna have to check out the meaning of chode.

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 9:24 am

What, only this year? what about the previous 7 or 8? Pull your head in champ, I just gave my opinion and never even mentioned the rooks, indeed I’m an advocate for running 6-8 on field, mainly mid, Neale m2, Serong m3 is weak.

Also I don’t want people selecting my team, why would I? If I did I’d be telling kingzy to swap a number of players for others, but that doesn’t happen.

You sir seem to have some serious issues coming out spitting venom like this unprovoked, would you like to talk to someone about your issues?

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 11:27 am

Just FYI I have finished rank 127, Iam not a noob.
            I dont see why you think the DEF and MID is weak to be honest.

I see Whit, Short and Dawson pushing top 8 defenders. Sicily and Hewett pushing 80-85+
            They all have upside. Great starting valve compared to a Hall / Crisp / Lloyd which I dont see improving.
            MID – yea I am not paying up with a Macrae or Titch.
            Neale, Serong, Crouch I see avg close to 105.
            Why would I pay $200K more for Titch / Macrae to avg 10 more, 1 point is worth $8,382 so 10 points is $83,823K. Not $200K.
            I am paying up for Steele for captain and still see some upside with the new holding the ball rule.
            Caldwell should push 80-85 and be a great scoring and cash gen.
            Paying up for 3 top rookies in the MID.

How many DEF and FWD rookies can you see actually scoring well and holding JS?

I can see comments from you saying you like 2 DEF and 2 FWD rookies.
            Having 2 on field in both lines is toying with a serious lack of good options for JS.

I cant see Rachele scoring well as a small forward, Adelaide are not a good side and small forwards from there have not done well in the past. Paying $280K for that is to much for what best 50 avg?
            Hollands the same. Then what bench cover options do we have at $190K that have JS?

I would be happy to field a Chesser or Sinn at D6, both would be fighting for R1 selection.
            No one else I would field.

The game is also about trading, buy low sell high.
            Its going to be easier to upgrade the value picks to high end premiums when the time comes.
            Or if need by a value pick not working to bolter rookie or mid pricer, usually pocketing cash also

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 1:29 pm

Nah, you’re right, my opinion is exactly the same as yours in all aspects.

Clearly you have everything perfectly worked out and what you meant by “what’s your thoughts on this team?” was actually “heap praise on me and agree with everything I say or I will destroy you!”

My mistake, please accept my full apologies for my rudeness and stupidity in not understanding that you were humble bragging and not actually asking for an opinion.

PS Kidding, I stand by previous comments, still think you are way overthinking and have some very optimistic/questionable projections and theories, you have also misquoted me on things I’ve not actually said and your team kind of sucks.

Respectfully and in my opinion.

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 1:57 pm

Now he gets it.

I am just giving my opinion and saying why I think this side looks good.
                Its a discussion, not trying to slam you.
                Not saying you have to have the same views either and we shouldnt all have the same team.
                Just backing up my reasoning for the picks and where I see players at.

I am happy for you to not agree, good luck with your team.

Maybe we should all start a league and get the people here that comment in one league to see where our teams go?

• Phteven

February 23, 2022 at 2:03 pm

As the Nike ad says. Just do it!

• Dulcify

February 23, 2022 at 2:24 pm

I played squid in two leagues last year. 2 of the easiest wins I had. Looking forward to playing him again this season.

• PowerAde

February 23, 2022 at 4:42 pm

loving the sh1t talk and banter. great idea about a league where you can all go nuts at each other, i reckon there would be some hilarious comments.

get chosen one involved.

• The Chosen Won™®©

February 23, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Someone say Banter….

Warnie banned me last year for my sense of humour i have had to tone it down a bit :)

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
                      Good Luck™®©

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 5:35 pm

I can remember a few years back Chosen Won, you talked shop the whole preseason.
                      Then after a few rounds you quit the year because your team sucked haha.

League is created for those keen
                      VLALNHL3

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Chosen won and his many aliases….

Is the league full already or code incorrect or something?

• Squid

February 24, 2022 at 8:15 pm

I like supercoach for my limited trades fix, been playing DT for longer, since well before this trades all season stuff. SC scoring tends to reward effective play over simply amassing stats and is based on champion data’s stats though be warned the scoring is pretty subjective and you will be left wondering how they work it out.

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 6:12 pm

I’ll cop that, last year I had a shocker, had some questionable picks but also, much more importantly, shocking luck, at one stage early I had so many outs due to injuries I had 3 premos on the bench and copped a doughnut after trades, hard to recover from that.

Revenge will be sweet.

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 6:45 pm

I have to confess last year I bailed early, my team was ravaged injury after injury and could barely field a team early. Also West Coast sucked and I pretty much stopped watching AFL altogether.
                      Only 3 teams in the league so far.
                      Code not working?

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 6:46 pm

code
                      VLALNHL3

• The Chosen Won™®©

February 24, 2022 at 5:44 am

Dear Squid..

I’ve only ever used Won name..This” Won” rest are just Chosen Wannabes. As for you young Kingman you should know Fantasy is a side bet for my RDT team a game i love far more that Fantasy.

I smashed da Minj ©™
                      Good Luck in 2022™®©

• Dulcify

February 24, 2022 at 6:05 am

Agree with Chosen Won, for me RDT more enjoyable than Fantasy. I also very much enjoy playing UF.

• The Chosen Won™®©

February 24, 2022 at 6:38 am

Lets not forget this from not long ago…

ROUND 21 PRIZE WINNER

Congratulation to Greg* from QLD, the Round 21 Weekly winner Greg’s team The Chosen Won had the highest score of 2583, Winning the weekly cash prize.

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™
                      Good Luck™®©

• Dulcify

February 24, 2022 at 9:24 am

My big win was last century, lol. At least my prize was a very nice $1000.

• Kingzy

February 24, 2022 at 5:14 pm

I have not played RDT before, is that the KFC supercoach one?
                      I would be interested to play both.
                      Limited trades yea?

• Dulcify

February 24, 2022 at 5:49 pm

Kingzy, KFC SuperCoach is a completely different comp to RDT. RDT is the original and the best, limited trades, this season up to 35 from a previous 30. Player prices do differ to Fantasy, for example, Coniglio is just over $400K. Not a lot of entries, so worth having a crack.

• Kingzy

February 24, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Thanks Dulcify, never seen that one before.
                      So from Sportsdeck?
                      Much different to AFL Fantasy?
                      I am guessing limited trades means a more guns n rooks setup for high end premos, paying for rook JS more?
                      And picking more durable players?

• The Chosen Won™®©

February 24, 2022 at 6:10 pm

The Skill in RDT is to ensure you have trades left going into finals. Most who play the game are long time players so competition is tough.

Good Luck in 2022™®©

• Dulcify

February 24, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Correct Kingzy, Sportdeck it is. Not much difference between Fantasy and RDT. Both use the same scoring system. RDT also have a separate comp called the Eliminator. It is run along the same lines as the F.A.Cup. Should you join, good luck.🤞

• Double Parked

February 23, 2022 at 12:40 pm

This is a great preseason side Kingzy. Squid seems to think you should only pay top $$$ for players and thinks Tim Taranto is a lock so I’d generally ignore what he says.

• Minister for Manila

February 23, 2022 at 3:03 pm

I think Squid has a man crush on TT

• Kingzy

February 23, 2022 at 5:48 pm

To be fair, TT is absolutely shredded this preseason. That pic of him the other day, wowee who wouldnt have a crush

• grim reaper

February 23, 2022 at 5:45 pm

have to cut squid a bit of slack still wearing little boy pants too busy nit picking on everybodys side all day long should be working at his job and grow up

4. pendles4brownlow

February 22, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Yep, Preuss is a big risk. You are batting deep in Def and Fwd, so I would suggest you chop Hewett for Chessar (or similar) or Heeney/Thomas for Rachele (or similar) and bring in ROB as a minimum. Gawn would be best, but it’s hard to afford both Gawn and Grundy.

5. jack

February 22, 2022 at 8:12 pm

just wondering thoughts on this team

Def: Lloyd, Short, Dawson, Sicily, Sinn, Chesser (O’driscall, Hamling)
    Mid: Steele, Macrae, Titch, Serong, Caldwell, Rowell, Daicos, Ward (JHF, Erasmus)
    RUC:Grundy, Preuss (Hayes)
    FWD: Thomas, Weller, Heeney, Butters Curnow, Ralphsmith (Hollands, Kelly)
    ULT: Edwards

12k left

• Squid

February 22, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Strong mids, Grundy/Preuss perfectly valid if Preuss gets the nod, fwd and back both a little weak due to the 3 big dogs in the guts, maybe could dump Curnow and one of Caldwell/Rowell down to rooks to strengthen up both, say Weller and Dawson to Bonafide guns.

Not a bad team at all in my opinion.

6. Wardy B

February 22, 2022 at 8:37 pm

Team atm, thoughts appreciated!

DEF: Whitfield, Short, Dale, Sicily, Milera, Chesser (O’Driscoll, Dean)
    MID: Steele, Adams, Danger, Serong, Crouch, Caldwell, Horne-Francis, Daicos (Clark, Steven’s)
    RUCK: Grundy, ROB (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, Heeney, Gresham, Rayner, Hollands (Skinner, De Konning)
    UTIL: Kelly

Only 7k in the bank

• pendles4brownlow

February 23, 2022 at 7:24 am

Good team. Personally, I have gone off Rayner and moved towards Curnow, and I would have Danger in the Fwds, probably in place of Treloar, and a genuine Mid in his place.

• The Choozler

February 23, 2022 at 8:39 am

Danger not a forward this year.

7. The Real Slim

February 22, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Team currently, feedback would be helpful.

DEF: Crisp,Whitfield, Lloyd, Milera, Chesser, O’driscoll(Dean and Mcdonagh)
    MID: Steele, Mitchell, Kelly, Crouch, Caldwell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Mccomb, Clark)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, De Goey, Treloar, Heeney, Rachele, Hollands (Serong,Kelly)
    UTIL: Mcinnes
    9k in the bank

• Phteven

February 22, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Considering you’ve gone with the 2 big rucks, you’ve made a well balanced team. Several good promos, come handy mid prices and a good smattering of rooks. Good luck.

• Squid

February 22, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Traditional guns and rooks, looks good, much better than the value packed teams that seem so popular.

• Phteven

February 22, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Agreed, Squid. Possibly 12 keepers.

8. Sam

February 22, 2022 at 10:11 pm

1. Lipinski, Caldwell and Cogs or
    2. Adams, Trelore or rookie 250k?

1 or 2

9. Sunnyjim

February 22, 2022 at 11:24 pm

pretty happy with this team, backline a bit weak but have to make sacrifices somewhere hey.

Def- Lloyd, whitfield, sicily, milera, sinn, chesser (kelly, o’driscoll)
    mid- Steele, oliver, simpkin, serong, m crouch, jhf, daicos, ward (mcinnes, mead)
    ruck- grundy, darcy (hayes)
    fwd- dunkley, de goey, thomas, heeney, butters,
    hollands (skinner, de koning)
    utl- dean

10. Rob

February 23, 2022 at 12:17 am

Hey team,

Serong or M Crouch?

Thanks.

• pendles4brownlow

February 23, 2022 at 7:27 am

Crouch has the biggest upside, but also the higher risk of injury

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 7:42 am

Crouch, absolute gift this year, his 20ish% ownership is a mystery to me for what I consider to be comfortably the best sub $700k option this year and possibly even the best sub $800k pick, will average 105 all day long so long as he gets on the park.

11. Jarrod

February 23, 2022 at 12:48 am

Have played around with this team a bit. I’m worried about decent rookies, so have spent big on a few on the bench as a placeholder in case we are in a tough spot come round 1 so I don’t have to drastically change.

Def: Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (Odriscall, McDonagh)
    Mid: Steele, Mitchell, Neale, Crouch, Caldwell, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Chesser, Mead)
    Ruck: Grundy, Marshall (Comben)
    Fed: Dunkley, De Goey, Heeney, Gresham, Rayner, Coleman (Rachele, Hollands)
    Util: Hobbs

• pendles4brownlow

February 23, 2022 at 7:31 am

Chesser and Rachele means a lot of value on the bench. I have both, but they are on the ground. That’s probably the reason you are a little weak in Def

12. FreemTheDream

February 23, 2022 at 3:33 am

Thoughts fella?

Starting to feel like this year, if any, is the year we could run with a JHF etc. On the bench for cash generation. It really is a shame that all the top rookies are in the midfield.

This season it feels like we’ve been given a little bit over money-wise, so this is how my team currently looks…

Defence: Crisp, Whitfield, Short, Sicily, Milera, O’Driscoll 2×190k)

Midfield: Miller, Steele, McRae, Serong, Crouch, Caldwell, Diacos, Ward (190k + JHF)

Ruck: Grundy, Preuss

Forward: Dunkley, Heeney, Butters, Rayner, Curnow, Pedlar (2× 190k)

So I could downgrade Miller to Josh Kelly, JHF to a 190k rook and say a Rayner down to Hugo Ralphsmith and get Preuss up to a Riley O’Brien, but I want 3 top mids that are absolute locks for top 8, and I feel josh kelly would be just out of that bracket. Also I would prefer to cash generation of Rayner compared to a Hugo Ralphsmith… But obviously Preuss up to O’Brien could be big. I just feel like this year is the year out of any to not play it safe and bite the bullet on a player like preuss if he looks to be the sole Ruck for round 1.
    Also I just cannot squeeze JHF on field, It really is Caldwell taking his spot, and this could all change if Caldwell doesnt look like he can go 90+ from the pre seaspn games.

With the extra cash for this year, I feel like it may not be a terrible move to pay up for that 1 bench gun that is going to be a cash cow.

Am I crazy?

• FreemTheDream

February 23, 2022 at 3:36 am

For those wondering, I also don’t see the point in using the JHF cash to upgrade O’Driscoll to the likes of a Chesser as I feel points wise it doesn’t move the needle. Also option would be getting Rayner up to Gresham with the money, which I am also favouring Rayner as that position has to be for cash generation as even Gresham would not be a top 6 forward so would be a trade down the line.

• Squid

February 23, 2022 at 9:32 am

Are you Crazy? Yeah probably I certainly think so, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work, it’s a game, have fun with it and make sure you learn from whatever happens.

13. JImmy

February 23, 2022 at 5:17 pm

thoughts on Matt Rowell this year?

• Arlo

February 24, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Coming around to the idea, I’ve got a stacked forward line and Darcy at r2 so he’s at M5 for me. Full preseason and junior pedigree has me thinking he’s worth a punt at that price

• The Choozler

February 24, 2022 at 10:51 pm

I’m bullish on him. Excellent pedigree

14. Vanilla Gorilla

February 24, 2022 at 7:07 am

Any RDT leagues need an extra player? Cheers

• PowerAde

February 24, 2022 at 1:09 pm

103357 if you like.

• Vanilla Gorilla

February 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Thanks Power

15. Arlo

February 24, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Is this fwd line overkill
    Dunkley, Treloar, Thomas, Heeney, Butters, Rachele

I like Gresham today didn’t fill me with confidence saints have a lot of mids. Rayner, Brodie, Curnow feel like traps.

Rachele has job security and good junior numbers, I’m happy having him there, would love to see him as a high half-forward link player similar to Gulden. Having Dawson lace him out for +6s.

16. Team Leader

November 10, 2022 at 5:26 pm

Do I have to register for an account on DT talk for the sake of discussing my team? Is registration a necessity in this respect?

• PowerAde

November 11, 2022 at 12:39 pm

considering you have got this post through supposedly without registration (?) then you can post anything you want but season finished for 22 (again ?)