Fantasy 101

Trent’s Take: Pre-bye planning

2020 winner Trent looks towards the byes.

Wow, what injury carnage. This will make the next few weeks of bye planning a bit of a lottery; however, it creates massive opportunities.  But, before we get into the serious business of bye planning, I thought I’d look at the next few weeks of games from the viewpoint of winners and losers. We’ll focus on some winning options this week and the those to avoid next week. The aim is, can we find a gem in the next few weeks who will score a little better than others think based on the team matchups.

Here are the teams over the next 4 weeks which have an interesting run of potential wins and losses, for potential wins and close losses, Hawthorn, Port, Essendon, Geelong and West Coast. Whilst, for losses and some tough games the sides which spark interest are Fremantle, Bulldogs, St Kilda, Carlton and Collingwood (but more next week).

Port and Being Flat Track Bullies

Round 12 bye creates an issue, so you are probably only bringing in a Port player to replace a non-player or your bye planning is going well (i.e. Rozee for Stephenson). In their 2 losses to the Eagles and Lions, here are the fantasy players you’d be looking at scores, Rozee 57 and 76, Boak 91 and DNP, Wines 85 and 126, and in both games, there were 3 scores over 100. In all their wins, except the outlier against St Kilda, they roughly average 2-3 players above 100.  Whilst they may be flat track bullies it does not translate into fantasy whether they win or lose. This means irrespective of their draw, I wouldn’t be buying a premium from Port Adelaide unless it was Wines or under-priced Rozee.

Essendon

This won’t shock anyone, but Essendon average around 3 players over 100 irrespective of wins and losses apart from the Collingwood game (that is a theme). The players are midfielders and occasionally a defender, which means get Ridley in the next 2 weeks.

Teams which play Collingwood

Defenders

Sydney: feast on Lloyd or Mills. Port Adelaide: see above, unless you are gambling on Houston’s shoulders or DBJ.  Geelong: sadly, just before the bye, but Stewart if your team is looking okay.  Adelaide: Sholl and Laird.  Melbourne: Salem and May.

What I found interesting is the number of forwards who have dined out against Collingwood, discounting North last week because their forwards apart from Stephenson rarely see the ball. Listen to these players, not are all forward superstars, Corbett 109, Wright 114, Allen 91 and Darling 90 (and we know the Eagles have minimum entries), Finlayson 81, Greene 103, Zorko 133, and in Round 1 B. Smith 131 when he played half forward.  So maybe isolate a couple of these forwards in the bye leadup,

Sydney: Gulden if you kept him, Warner is a keeper this week at least, or dare I say Franklin (you couldn’t do it). Safe option is Mills or Lloyd.

Port Adelaide: I mentioned Rozee as an option last week, and he is now 495 K and plays Collingwood in 2 weeks. Others like Gray and Dixon are problems, remember even if they score 120, you have them the week after also.

Geelong: Who is game to pull the trigger on Jeremy Cameron?  He scored 121 against Richmond and now is against the up and down Saints, Suns and Pies. After 2 average games, he looked his best last week.  A BE of 43 and priced at 487. You could go from a rookie to Cameron (I know it took six goals to get to 121!, but he could get 15-20 goals over the next 3 weeks. The gamble is he could pull a hamstring at any point).

Hawthorn & Tom Mitchell

Tom Mitchell often scores better in losses. His only bad game was the O’Connor tag, and with Turner, Curnow and Miller coming up, he might get extra attention. Also, North holds the ball so much in their defensive half, the Hawthorn players who gather possession back of centre for those cheap plus sixes can miss out- think Bulldogs, Melbourne and Collingwood midfielders who we thought would go 150, but lots just went 100.  Basically, even with a favourable draw, I would not be buying any Hawthorn players, although I would keep Kozzie hoping he scores against North (Phillips I want to sell).

West Coast Midfielders at Optus

This is well known, and we flagged it weeks ago, but there is still some value in West Coast mids leading up to the bye: Gaff 70, 154, 131, 111. Sheed 138, 100, 103, 101. Kelly 111, 94, 84, 141. Them’s some good numbers and games against Adelaide and Essendon at home before Carlton at the MCG. You could easily sideways Stephenson or Bolton via DPP to Sheed.

Upshot:  Price point bargain is Rozee. Gambling option is J. Cameron. Plan to get Ridley.  Safety Mid: Gaff. Safety Def: Mills and Lloyd.  You are off your rocker: Franklin or Heeney (if named and massive BE’s) or Dixon.

Last Week: like most just hovered over 2100 with 2116 and 801 Rank. Good luck as you begin bye planning, especially getting non-players out of your squad.

Trent Sutcliffe, coach of 'aluniesheis', won AFL Fantasy Classic in 2020, one of the most challenging seasons to date.

1. Joey

May 11, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Hey mate – another great post. Just wondering what your insights are for any of us who are unlucky enough to own both Bolton and Stephenson.

I see it as either:

1) Kelly & Harmes/Daniel

2) Any uber premium & a Poulter/Byrnes + cash

May 11, 2021 at 7:13 pm

That is me also. I am going to go sideways for both. Points ate too important and I have okay bench cover.

2. bomberpap

May 11, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Great insights Trent, really enjoying the weekly articles! You mentioned getting non-playing players out of your squad… I’ve planned out my next 3 weeks of trades in order to do exactly that, but then I’m stuck on what to do during Round 12 as every player is yet to have their bye at that point.

We used to have the Gold Coast and Port players to load up from the China game, without that what’s your strategy during Round 12 trades?

May 11, 2021 at 7:17 pm

At this stage I think I will use the R12 round itself to do 1 of 2 things. If I have 18, which injuries can derail than I’ll look to maximise points either with upgrade to a better player or transfer sideways to a better rookie. I think for most coaches that would be a luxury scenario.
      Most coaches I think will be trading non players out even though they will miss a round 13 or 14.

• Double Parked

May 12, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Cracking match up last week bomberspap – thought Andy Brayshaw had me doomed until the final quarter. Nothing like a bit of drama and a final adjustment to bring about a 1 point result

3. Fitchy

May 11, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Another great read this week Trent, thoughts on Daniel as an underpriced premo defender as i narrowly cant afford ridley from stephenson with my planned upgrade from gulden to mills, daniel did look very good in the last quarter last week pretty much winning the game for the dogs, surely bevo wont chuck him in a forward pocket again?

May 11, 2021 at 7:25 pm

I had Daniel at the start and for his 20 and suspension and I sold him. I won’t do it yet, he played almost 3 quarters at half forward. Not yet for me, but he is a point scorer if at half back. Ridley can wait another week at least with still a fairly high BE. Harmes I haven’t really rated because I think he’ll be first out of the rotation, but if you can find out if Viney is out for another 2 weeks minimum then he might be a short term option.

4. Sons of Aries

May 11, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Have 474k to play with and also have Stephenson, should I;

Upgrade two rookies out of Guldren, Koschitzke, and Bergman

or

Trade one of them down to Byrnes and trade one up

or

Trade Stephenson up to Kelly and either trade a rookie up or down?

May 11, 2021 at 7:56 pm

Stephenson and Kozzie to Kelly and a Byrnes type or lower rookie.

• Aby Benny

May 12, 2021 at 9:03 pm

kozzie could have a day out this week at UTAS against north.

5. Darrell

May 11, 2021 at 7:20 pm

What do you think about McCluggage? Is he still worth getting or have we missed the boat?

May 11, 2021 at 7:31 pm

I said a few weeks ago we missed the boat, and I think before the byes that is the case.

6. Jess

May 11, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Great write up as usual! I was thinking Gulden and Warner to J Kelly and Rozee. But perhaps I should hold Warner?

May 11, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Warner is a luxury trade and should get 60-75. Hopefully you have a lesser rookie to punt. Also, Swans play R12-13.

7. Marc Russell

May 11, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Great as always Trent, I really appreciate the thought and insight into breaking down options you deliver each week!!
    Interested to here what you think about Poulter and Byrnes
    I think Poulter looks good in a footy sense and his job security should be solid based on that, his fantasy scoring not so much and he probably averages around 50

Byrnes i think has some fantasy potential but when you look at the St Kilda team on paper
    Wing Brad Hill Centre Zak Jones Wing Hunter Clark Followers Jack Steele Brad Crouch and then Jack Billings coming off the HFF Seb Ross who was just managed and Jack Bytel on the bench who has only missed 1 game it looks to me as though they are midfield heavy and he will be one of the first axed if a change is made, i like his bye but i dont see him hanging around long enough to help through the byes .

How do you feel about those 2 lads?

Cheers Marc

• Anyh80

May 11, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Trent.

Thoughts on Worpel.
      Current trades are Flynn to Hayes and Rowe to Worpel. 2 rnd 12 bye players also been considering Flynn to Hayes and Powell to a 700k mid. Brayshaw, Kelly, Brouch etc.
      thoughts.
      Thanks in advance.

May 11, 2021 at 8:44 pm

Worpel worries me, because when O’Meara back he could occasionally tag and go a few weeks at 75. Go Kelly or Sheed.

May 11, 2021 at 8:43 pm

Both have short term job security but not long term, but you’d think Byrnes’ is worse because of St Kilda having a better chance of finals. Byrnes is a year older and will hopefully not need a rest. I have Byrnes but now with both you’ve missed a chunk of their cash so maybe look elsewhere.

8. Brucey Don't Like Rusty

May 11, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Howdy Trent. Who for a better POD out of Worpel or Rozee? Thanks Bro

May 11, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Rozee as a FWD

9. 22 guns

May 11, 2021 at 8:03 pm

brought in daicos last week your thoughts on him going forward thanks trent

• Jimmy

May 11, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Daicos won’t go forward, last week against north Pendlebury spent time forward to allow for daicos and crisp to spend more time in the middle. Even when Adams comes back, probably, during the byes it is more likely that Sidebottom goes forward or a rookie is dropped and space is made for daicos out on the wing where he had his breakout year last year.

May 11, 2021 at 8:46 pm

He had gastro and missed training late last week, watch his CBA’s this week and see if he gets close to 100.

10. Harmes

May 11, 2021 at 8:11 pm

Hey trent. Please help

Best trade

1. Powell to Gaff
    2. Warner to Bont
    3. Bergman to B Crouch

May 11, 2021 at 8:49 pm

You must have a great side because I think your three rookies are keepers this week, but Powell is first to go with his R12 bye.

11. Jim

May 11, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Thanks Trent 👍

I was looking to bring Hall in this week, but need to trade one of Warner, Powell or even Tom Phillips (not sure I should be offloading him). I was leaning towards Warner but now I’m not sure thanks to the R12 bye.

What do you suggest mate?

Cheers

May 11, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Powell and Phillips both R12 and Phillips is a sell if the price difference between him and Powell/Warner get you a better player. Otherwise, Powell and Warner are sells.

12. Cam

May 11, 2021 at 8:30 pm

Hey Trent, great article as always.
    I was planning to upgrade Gulden this week but with Stephenson out it looks like Gulden is going to RCD instead, with 400k in the bank. Now the question is Stephenson to who? I’m short on R13 forwards and R14 mids. Im thinking Oliver but maybe I should go a cheaper option? Next week Flynn and Idun are out for Ridley and a rookie so I shouldn’t need much cash. The other thing is do I ignore all bye structure and get Hall? Thanks

May 11, 2021 at 8:55 pm

You just need 18 across all lines, I think with 7 trades after this week before R12 byes, and assuming the odd injury or two, if you have 13 or so you can still go to Hall. because you are going to carry premiums through the byes.

13. cody

May 11, 2021 at 8:45 pm

hey trent got around 300k and ive got two forced trades this week in lycett and stephenson
    gonna go lycett-max which leaves me with 96k
    not too sure on what i wanna do with stephenson. I feel like the best option is sideswaping to maybe someone like a harmes. Any other ideas?

May 11, 2021 at 9:00 pm

They are great options, especially if Viney out for 2-3 weeks.

14. Ben

May 11, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Hey Trent, great article.
    I was wondering who you would pick out of billings, hall, crouch, sloane and zorko? and also who is the best rookie under 300k at the moment.

May 11, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Hall and then Zorko as a FWD. RCD with all of Richmond’s problems.

May 11, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Hall if your bye strategy not blown away. Crouch is on my research radar as a flat track bully for next week, have a look at his scores is losses and then look at St Kilda’s draw. Best rookie under 300 K is probably still RCD and then Poulter.

15. Toby Wilson

May 11, 2021 at 8:58 pm

hey trent. current trades are rowe -> poulter and serong -> j kelly. I have lycett that i need to get rid of aswell. Thoughts on sweet vs de koning (carlton). And also if i do get rid of lycett this week, what trade do i reverse.

May 11, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Lycett must go and you sell whoever is not named or the highest BE. Rowe must go as his ceiling has fallen. Rowe and Lycett. Sweet might get a few weeks, and -12 BE and might go 60, but I couldn’t risk him on ground.

16. Alex

May 11, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Great read Trent,
    Unfortunately have to trade out Steph this week, was looking to downgrade Rowe to a 170k and either doing a sideways trade to someone like Harmes leaving me with cash to upgrade Kozi etc next week.
    Do I go Steph to almost anyone (-Duncan) or go with the sideways (Harmes or hall etc)

May 11, 2021 at 11:01 pm

I think Harmes and Hall, and look to Geelong big dogs after the bye, I know Hall has the same bye, but they are top dollar and will impact your ability to buy players before the byes. The advantage of Duncan this week is he could be your VC option. But, i’d wait and play the long game.

17. blonde0na

May 11, 2021 at 9:08 pm

is phillips actually considered a luxury trade at this point?

– R12 bye
    – bleeding cash
    – is NM even that favourable of a match up (assuming he doesn’t kick a goal or two)
    – lack of ceiling

the only positive of him over a rookie is his average floor seems to be about 20 points higher which is a big positive to be fair

but considering gulden’s matchup this week, if named, could you make a case for trading phillips out over a gulden?

May 11, 2021 at 10:59 pm

If you have Bolton, Stephenson it is sadly. I had him going this week, but he survives one more week due to injury carnage. If you can get rid of Phillips to a premium, do it.

18. cody

May 11, 2021 at 9:12 pm

i feel like im pretty well set for the byes at this point but just one thing. what should the trades look like during the byes? is it best to only get people in from the previous bye round/rounds, and i assume you should be looking to hold premos through the byes and j up/donwgrading rooks
    cheers

May 11, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Exactly, look at which premiums you want to hold. For example, R12. You want to hold 2 premiums on the bench in the FWd, DEF lines and 3 in MIDs, the rest are expendable. Then, maybe trade in Kelly in R13 for possible a downgrade form RCD and another mid-pricer who is on R13 bye. And that works for Guthrie, Duncan and any other player. The advantage is we have 3 trades in R12-14, so you can go down 2 and up to a uber premium.

19. James

May 11, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Hey trent..
    I need to trade out one so I can get to a premo..

Powell
    Bergman
    Warner?

• Aby Benny

May 11, 2021 at 9:28 pm

warner if you have to

May 11, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Bergman BE of 29 v Warner 74 and Powell 62 and Powell R12 bye. I wouldn’t really worry about money, they will only make or lose about 20 K from here. Trade the player which helps your bye strategy, Powell R12, Bergman R12 and Warner R14. For me, Powell.

20. Heus

May 11, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Was thinking getting hall this week and Kelly next. Would u be against this as they both have rnd 12 bye?

May 11, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Only if your other lines are not compromised. Count how many R12 players you have, with 7 trades after this week you’d want a margin, especially if you have non-players hogging bench spots. Kelly probably won’t get out of reach, even after R12. Having said that I am weighing Kelly v Harmes (even though I have decried him preciously. It all depends on Viney’s injury).

• Beady Eye

May 12, 2021 at 11:43 am

Official injury report has Viney listed as out for 1-2 weeks.

21. Lucas

May 11, 2021 at 9:56 pm

Should I bring in Mills, Kelly or Gaff.

May 11, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Is this Jk ot Tk- Tk is likely to get a tag every now and then, maybe even a slight run with with Keays. Otherwise Gaff at home.

• Lucas

May 11, 2021 at 11:55 pm

It is Josh Kelly, but I feel Mills will score the most

22. Chris

May 11, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Hey Trent,

I have to trade Stevo and have no idea whether to go for Caleb Daniel, discos, worpel, harmes or even someone like a James rowbottom, who would u suggest that I get in. I could go to a premium but I plan on going Bergman to Ridley next week so I’m trying to leave the cash that I have banked up

May 11, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I think for a quick cash grab Harmes is okay, but as mentioned only if Viney out for a 2-3 week period more.

23. Rachel

May 11, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Awesome article, love the deep dive into particular teams and players

24. Yes

May 11, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Thoughts on Billings, Menegola, Crouch, Bailey?

May 11, 2021 at 10:44 pm

I wrote on Billings last week- from those options I think he has the highest ceiling.

25. Suaa

May 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Steele,Petracca or Oliver

• Suaa

May 11, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Sorry Steele,Gaff or Mills

May 11, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Maybe they all go around 110, so I’d choose the player who best suits your bye coverage and gets the worst player off your ground. Gaff has a great few weeks and at Optus might go 150. Steele has looked a tad hurt the last few weeks and Mills is super consistent.

26. Grovers Guns

May 11, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Great write up again
    Pretty set for byes and playing bench (except Frederick who I think will be back soon, Macrae regardless BE too close to expected score and Treacy utility)

Thoughts on these trades
    1 – Rowe to Byrnes (bench) and Kosi to Hall + $80k
    2 – Serong and Fantasia to Hall and either JKelly or Billings + not much

Cheers for the articles

May 11, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Go 2. Hall and JK are great options if your bye coverage is okay, with both having R12 bye.

27. Jezza

May 11, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Hey Trent, wonderful write up!
    I’ve got Stephenson and Pendlebury in my team can upgrade Stephenson to Hall/Kelly and Pendlebury to Mitchell or anyone around that price, do you think upgrading Pendles is worth it as he hasn’t been scoring well and a lot of time forward last week or should I be holding Pendles and fix up a non playing rookie?

May 11, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Pendlebury has played okay, but looks a 90-95 scorer. If you are sorted for byes and Pendlebury is a trade then make it, but he would be a long way down the trade order for most coaches prior to byes because of other issues. Fix up a non playing rookie if an option presents itself, Lycett’s replacement as UTI for example if Hayes gets a gig or for Flynn at R3.

28. JMD012

May 11, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Hey Trent, just wondering what the ideal Bye structure. Is it players on the bye 8-10-12?
    If so, which if these 2 would you trade. Cumming or Warner. Both have breakevens in mid 70s. But the difference being the byes. I am heavy in players on the round 12 and Round 14 bye. I am planning on getting Merrett or Gaff, Ridley, and Kelly pre bye.
    Also what is more important. Managing Nonplaying rookies on bench or playing Breakeven game pre byes (the old fashioned sell high buy low)

May 11, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I think it will be dependent on rookie upgrade options- if a good rookie upgrade presents who plays R12 and you have confidence like maybe a Ralphsmith if named then getting a non-player off the ground is good- however you want to make sure they won’t be selected again- for example I have Will Kelly, and I have held because he plays for Collingwood and was hoping because they are losing he might get a game, but Highmore is probably a sell if a good DEF rookie emerges. So would I go Ralphmsith if named, for me, to far out from byes to guarantee they play in 3 weeks. Stick to fixing maxed out mid pricers and rookies.

If you had the luxury you could go Cumming to Harmes or even up to a R13 premium or take an early punt on Ridley or Daniel.

29. HoustonRocket

May 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Hey Trent, I’m looking at Stephenson & Houston out (if not named)
    What combo better to bring in?
    1) J Kelly & Harmes
    2) Ridley & Daniel
    Was thinking 1 and then get Ridley next week. But J Kelly has some tough match ups & wondering if I could just as easily wait til after his bye. Do you see him going bang before then?

May 12, 2021 at 9:07 am

Exactly, 1- I sold Houston a few weeks back and then he pumped out a huge score, but his AC joint can be bumped at any time- he is just as likely to score 20 as 120.

30. llizardofoz

May 12, 2021 at 5:15 am

I am thinking Warner will be ‘managed’ before his bye.

May 12, 2021 at 9:06 am

Possibly, but until then. He is also a year older than the other 3. He might not make it to the bye, but I am willing to keep him until he becomes an absolute sell. I have other problems rather than worrying about Warner at this point- like Bolton and Stephenson.

31. Chris

May 12, 2021 at 8:05 am

Going Chapman down to Byrnes and then have 810k in the bank to go Stephenson to anyone (got Mitchell, Taranto, Laird, Lloyd, Stewart, Ziebell and J.Kelly)

May 12, 2021 at 9:03 am

Of those I’d still say Mitchell will have the highest average at seasons end, but Lloyd would probably be my buy with the his draw.

32. Kent

May 12, 2021 at 9:02 am

I still have Braeden Campbell and Rowe in my side – who would be priority to trade this week given neither are making cash? Not too worried about my bye structure at the moment. Cheers

May 12, 2021 at 9:04 am

Absolutely, double downgrade to get cash and generate some future cash even if it is Byrnes or RCD.

33. Dan

May 12, 2021 at 9:15 am

Trent what are your thoughts on having too many injury prone players? Took Hall last week and really keen on Kelly but both have horrible durability

34. Josh K

May 12, 2021 at 10:37 am

Hey trent. Best trade please.

1. ROB and Warner to Harmes (Marshall ruck) and B Crouch

2. Flynn and Powell to Gaff and rookie under 200k?

May 12, 2021 at 1:39 pm

2, as Crouch is a future sell and Marshall may be to 6 FWD, but you get him any week. ROB loves playing Nic Nat.

35. Battered Savs

May 12, 2021 at 11:00 am

Hovering around the 2-3k rank, would you keep playing safe or look to be unique to improv ranking?
    No cash in the bank, and with bye rounds coming up, would you look at downgrading non playing rookies to generate cash, or perhaps a early move like Fantasia to Zac Bailey (looks a good role in Neale’s absence) and tom phillips to harmes (via DPP)??
    Leave minimal cash again, but improves structure for Bye Rounds

May 12, 2021 at 12:35 pm

No point playing safe, that is what the top 100 will be doing and you will be basically trading in the same player. It is a calculated risk, so go for it- I had Bailey a bit last year and I am not sure he ahs a massive ceiling, especially if Berry back in 2 weeks.

36. CJ

May 12, 2021 at 11:18 am

Hi Trent,
    Thanks again for your insights!!

Thoughts on which option… have to get rid of Bolton from FWDs
    1. Daniel & Harmes (move Hind to FWDs)

2. Hall & Rozee

Cheers Legend!

May 12, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Option 1 is hopefully 190-200, Option 2 is potentially the same. What about Hall and Harmes?

• CJ

May 13, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Unfortunately a few grand short of both harmes and hall. Would be my ideal schematic but can’t get both

37. Cal

May 12, 2021 at 11:45 am

Hey mate,
    I’m looking at getting a big defender in this week – Stewart, Lloyd or Mills. At the moment as my other trade I have Byrnes in (have RCD) on the bench but this only allows me to get to Stewart. Is it worth getting in a 170k debutant (Malcolm Rosas for example) instead if it allows me to get to one of the other two? I figure it is as they have the better bye, higher output recently and a higher ceiling but there is less cash generation on offer.
    Cheers

May 12, 2021 at 12:32 pm

I can’t see Rosas playing in 2 weeks unless he goes amazing as both outs are for one week. Stewart is a safe premium and still scored okay last week after tagging Dusty.

38. Brett G

May 12, 2021 at 11:45 am

Hey Trent,
    Just a quick one would you rather go:
    1. Xavier O’Neill/ James Rowe –> Riley Collier Dawkins
    Nik Cox –> James Harmes
    OR
    2. Tom Highmore –> Riley Collier Dawkins
    Paul Hunter –> Jordan Sweet

1 is making my on-field team better and whether I am more then likely going to go, but i also think 2 is appealing due to it could take me to 30 playing players this week if Xavier O’Neill is named, and with Stef Martin set to miss 2-4 weeks could be a really good source of cash generation and potentially play through the byes.

Thanks Legend.

May 12, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I’d favour 2 if Rowe named. It might look average this week, but over the coming weeks it will pay off. There is a chance Sweet plays until the byes and realistically he is you only chance at that price point to get Hunter out (unless Bryan plays)

39. Kyle Reimer

May 12, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Hi Trent, great insight as always. What are your thoughts on Rory Sloane as an option?

May 12, 2021 at 12:28 pm

Injury history a concern and I think as god value around his price, but without the injury risk.

40. Josh K

May 12, 2021 at 1:05 pm

Hey trent. Best trade please.

1. ROB and Warner to Harmes (Marshall ruck) and B Crouch

2. Flynn and Powell to Gaff and rookie under 200k?.