My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 1

Chat about your team throughout round one.

Here it is! Lockout weekend for round one.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of your $13m salary cap. For all prices, click here.

Previous My Team Posts

Thursday, March 18

Friday teams announced (Collingwood, Western Bulldogs) 6.20pm AEDT

Richmond vs Carlton (MCG) 7.25pm AEDT

Friday, March 19

Saturday teams announced (Melbourne, Fremantle, Adelaide, Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Sydney) 6.20pm AEDT

Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs (Marvel) 7.50pm AEDT

Saturday, March 20

Melbourne vs Fremantle (MCG) 1.45pm AEDT
Adelaide Crows vs Geelong Cats (AO) 4:05pm ACDT (4.35pm AEDT)

Sunday teams announced (North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, GWS Giants, St Kilda, West Coast, Gold Coast) 6.20pm AEDT

Essendon vs Hawthorn (Marvel) 7.25pm AEDT
Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans (G) 6:45pm AEDT (7.45pm AEDT)

Sunday, March 21

North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide (Marvel) 1.10pm AEDT
GWS Giants vs St Kilda (GS) 3.20pm AEDT
West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast Suns (OS) 3:10pm AWST (6.10pm AEDT)

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: X55XS3Z9

meeks

The Cricket

March 20, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Meeks or Hunter at R3?

Smartie hoe

March 20, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Toby Greene or Zorko at f2?

Daniel

March 20, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Greene but I’d go one of JDG, Phillips, Butters, Bolton etc.

Squid

March 20, 2021 at 2:35 pm

I accidentally had Grundy captain, thought id changed to Taranto, hopefully not too much damage done

dondasash

March 20, 2021 at 2:53 pm

honestly, don’t think Grundy’s 85 will look too bad compared to those who have the C on Gawn, currently on 23 at half time! So glad I change the C to Merret before the game.

Squid

March 20, 2021 at 6:14 pm

85 isn’t a disaster i reckon taranto goes about 120, still, so much planning then such a simple thing.

The Chosen Won™®©

March 20, 2021 at 2:54 pm

I accidently started James Jordon at M8..

Good Luck

Baldrick's boys

March 20, 2021 at 3:01 pm

I wish I had accidents like that! Nice one

Cash Cow

March 20, 2021 at 3:06 pm

I got the E on him, probs gonna chuck downie on field to get his score lol

Tim B

March 20, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Risky if Downie’s the medical emergency.

The Cricket

March 20, 2021 at 6:07 pm

No! Listed as Emergency

Squid

March 20, 2021 at 6:15 pm

Nice, just biding his time on my bench.

Baldrick's boys

March 20, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Does anyone know why Serong has low game time – I missed Q1?

jaceMace

March 20, 2021 at 4:10 pm

XMD96KJJ Round 2 league code! Join:)

llizardofoz

March 20, 2021 at 6:29 pm

I called the Gawn scenario here three days ago.

llizardofoz

March 20, 2021 at 7:04 pm

What if…
    Hunter or Flynn topped the scores by Grundy n Gawn.

Daniel

March 20, 2021 at 10:43 pm

So pissed with Essendon’s performance, and Gawn and Grundy. Gawn can’t stay, can he? Downgrade to WItts, Draper or cheap defender (Sholl or Jiath) through DPP of McEvoy. Or am I being too reactionary???

Mighty Puds

March 20, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Kind of torn to what to do. As much as everyone is saying rucks are doomed and Gawn needs to go, really want to hold him and get more than one week of data. Use early trades to get any rookies I missed.

motor

March 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Puds you are correct. Premium rucks may be doomed but we all need to field 2 rucks each week. Until you trade them you have not lost money. Get to round 6 and the first lot of DPP’s with 30 playing players each week and then you can make decisions. I missed Rowe so he will be the trade that I will need to possibly rectify but getting 30 starters next week will remain my priority. If the total of your players scores exceeds their breakevens for the week you are not going backwards is you have avoided injuries and r2 selection dramas. If you have managed that task then you can indulge in so called luxury trades. Just my views Puds.

Daniel

March 21, 2021 at 6:42 am

For me though, I haven’t missed out on a rookie yet. So can I downgrade Gawn to an uber premo in Macrae knowing that I have a more reliable captain option. If Max doesn’t get 110+ against a rookie then that’s poor

I am a sinner

March 21, 2021 at 7:44 am

so whos your ruck

motor

March 21, 2021 at 7:52 am

That would be my thinking Daniel.

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 10:08 am

Bit premature on the rucks I reckon, Meek was excellent in a ruck tag roll, especially early on, Grundy got double teamed by a much improved English and his nemesis Steph. Both smashed the opposition in hit outs and there seems to be plenty of throw ins and ball ups, their midfields got smashed though so I wonder if that had something to do with it….

Bill

March 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

I’m pretty happy with my team so far and think I can work with it.

The exceptions are: taking Gawn for captain instead of Macrae; selecting O.Henry instead of J.Rowe (that is a certain trade); and taking Jordon Clark and De Goey (although they could improve).

So you reckon that premium rucks are a thing of the past?

Ironical John

March 21, 2021 at 8:23 am

I’m thinking of holding DeGoey & Clark but really want Dusty

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 11:52 am

I think by the end of the season Grawndy is still the goal, Clark was fine, had 80 supercoach which matched his actual output to my eye from what I watched, plenty of worse players at Geelong so should hold his spot and at his price even 54 is not a disaster. DeGoey did exactly as expected, not enough when compared to clark etc thanks to the extra $180k he cost, get the real Dusty, not this cheap and vastly inferior Chinese knock off homebrand version, the extra $110k (more now) was always going to win out long term, but has already paid off short term too. Maybe swap to Caldwell, he looked really good, for a guy with less than 15 games under his belt.

motor

March 20, 2021 at 11:37 pm

There is simply nothing like fantasy to create a true sense of reality. Good scores sitting on the bench. Risky picks that performed and risky picks that didn’t. Premium picks that performed and premium picks that were, underwhelming at best. Incorrect captain choice (my call) and your best mate making a good choice resulting in him being able to remind you for the next week what a total idiot you were as often as he wishes until round two. Currently he his being considerate. Just 23. Make that 25! Grrrrrr. Lol and just 3 games left in the round. Yet we keep playing. You have to love the game!!

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

March 21, 2021 at 10:33 am

What to with Danger? I reckon I will keep unless rubbed out for weeks

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 11:14 am

So how’s everyone’s opening round going? I have 10 to play still, think I’ll bank between 2000-2100 with an extra 120 or so, maybe more, lost to poor on field rook choices (Got Gulden though, my “play rooks with interesting names” rule paid off for Errol) and my TBC captain stuff up.

Pretty ok with this, will see how it ends up I guess but barring a couple of doughnuts I suspect it will be far from one of my traditional rank 50k out to 120k or so efforts. May the fantasy gods smile on you.

The Chosen Won™®©

March 21, 2021 at 11:29 am

1566 with Taranto, Rowell, Seb Ross, Dom Dyson Fantsia and Webster to come.

Good Luck

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Nice I’m a big Dom fan this year too, Ward instead of Ross, Cumming for Webster.

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 1:13 pm

McDonald late out, now that really twists my tentacles, knew I couldn’t just have a smooth 1st weekend

ShredderPigs

March 21, 2021 at 2:28 pm

Gawn clearly smashed meek but scored just 73, is downgrading an option?

The Chosen Won™®©

March 21, 2021 at 3:11 pm

Rocky will be cheap in a few weeks lol

Good Luck

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

March 21, 2021 at 6:22 pm

rockliff also won’t get a game, too slow in the fast paced, endurance based game

Daniel

March 21, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Downgrading Gawn for the cash because uber premium mids will definitely score more than big rucks.

Squid

March 21, 2021 at 7:18 pm

Ahhhhhhh, go …. Yourself fantasy, don’t get me wrong, not complaining just……

Bill

March 21, 2021 at 7:56 pm

Who to replace Rowell for with a similar price? The poor guy can’t take a trick…

Another Equatorial Swimming albatross Jellyfish of sobriety named Pterodactyl Pfeiffer

March 22, 2021 at 9:01 am

It’s Monday morning and we are still in full lockout. Why?