My Team

My Team 2021: Version 3.0

One week to go! Get chatting about your team.

One week to go until the season starts… so get cracking with putting the final touches on your team.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:25pm AEDT, Thursday 18 March at the bounce of Richmond v Carlton.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of your $13m salary cap. For all prices, click here.

Previous My Team Posts

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: X55XS3Z9
Click here to join

1. Kev

March 18, 2021 at 3:47 pm

More than likely gonna be my final team, thoughts would be appreciated!
    DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Witho, Short, Clark, Young (Highmore, Koz)
    MID: Gaf, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Caldwell, Hately, Powell, Gulden (Brockman, Jordon)
    RUC: Grundy, Flynn (Hunter)
    FWD: Dunks, Phillips, Stephenson, Dow, Campbell, Rowe (Warner, Jones)
    UTL: Meek
    73k remaining
    Cheers and good luck for season 2021!!

2. I am the one you warned me of!

March 18, 2021 at 3:48 pm

Adelaide midfielders Rowe and Berry just been announced as playing.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Crouch is missing due to a slight injury, so I don’t like Berry’s JS.

3. Jackoboys2

March 18, 2021 at 4:03 pm

What do you think is better
    option 1: MID: Connor downie
    FWD:B.Campbell and J.Rowe

option 2: MID: B.Campbell
    FWD: P.Dow and a 170k rook

4. motor

March 18, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Boys and girls take a really long deep breath! You might even wish to do it three or for times until you are at peace with the fantasy gods.

You gave done your research and you have delved into multiple options such as the “set and forget” and “R2 rookie” options and no doubt many others.

I spent the morning with R1 and R2 options Fullerton and and Campbell from the Roos as ruck/fwd alternatives until Marshall returns and if mcevoy is in your defence you have some serious get out options.

My final conclusions? You are going to need every trade you own just to make it to round 4 with a full team!! Trades will platinum this year.

The fantasy God is always poised to pounce a although I think he or she is simple possessed but actually failed the dementors entrance exam at the first attempt. They simply were unable to to suck enough goodness out out there victims. So they simply applied to positions in golf, fishing, punting, and romance. The only way to defeat them is by not having any forced trades! Very easy in theory and extremely difficult in practice.

Get to R6 reletivley unscathed and you have a chance to select the premium colour of your hilux.

With everybody the best of luck for the season.

5. motor

March 18, 2021 at 4:30 pm

You will need every trade at your disposal just to cover injuries, yet alone selections.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Such statement should completely rule out any thought of a 170k R2.

• motor

March 18, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Agreed but the R2 option does make your backline look good!

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 5:14 pm

It doesn’t need to cost yourself anything, play the extra rook in the mid/fwd where there are more available rooks.

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 5:59 pm

I think you should only have a R2 basement if you have the other two basement rucks that will also play. I think Flynn will play for at least a month, Meek for a few rounds and Hunter for also around a month. That’s roughly $400k made with those three players in one month. Not the worst idea.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Hunter will be less than a month.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:02 pm

Marshall could be back as early as round 2 and Ryder is unknown.

6. Cam

March 18, 2021 at 4:44 pm

A/ Gawn Daniel Stephenson Campbell
    B/ Grundy Idun Hind Oliver

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 6:01 pm

I think A/ is a better option. Gawn will average 10-15 points more than Grundy and will always be up there as a captains pick. Daniel is a near top six defender and Stephenson will make a lot of money this year. Campbell is one of the juiciest looking rookie players going around. With B/, Grundy and Oliver is nice, but I’m unsure whether Idun gets Round 1 and there’s not enough information to suggest Hind as a mid-priced bargain.

7. Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 4:51 pm

Dunkley, Walsh or Brayshaw (someone else below 745k)?

• Born to Flash

March 18, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Walsh

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 5:05 pm

is he top 8 in his position? I like Dunkley for this reason.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:17 pm

It is only 2k but it would give me enough $ should Harry Sharp get named for Lions, news is that he is a very good chance.

8. Born to Flash

March 18, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Any good competitive leagues out there with spots to fill?

• Prowling Tiger

March 18, 2021 at 4:55 pm

I have a few spots left. Bye rounds are turned off. Code is LCAXPXV3

9. Brodie582

March 18, 2021 at 4:57 pm

I’ve got 7 spots to fill in a league if anyone’s looking to join a league looking for decent DTers the league code is RHTPV37W good luck ✌🏻

10. Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Oh boy, I hope I don’t get judged for the fact I only have one premo ruck instead of two (since there’s a lot of ruckmen named to play Round 1).

Remaining Salary: $1k

Defence: Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Howe, J. Clark, H. Young (Highmore, Koschitzke)
    Midfield: Neale, Serong, Sloane, Rowell, Campbell, Bruhn, Powell, Gulden, (Jordon, McNeil)
    Ruck: Gawn [c], Flynn (Hunter)
    Forward: Dangerfield, Martin [vc], T. Phillips, Stephenson, Dow, Rowe (Jones, Scott)
    Utility: (Meek)

Good luck to everyone.

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 5:56 pm

With three ruckmen that are basement priced and ready to go in Round 1, I can feel a bit safe that I have some cover with my R2 for quite some time until I need an upgrade.

11. Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Witts score projections for this season?

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 6:09 pm

90-95, paying for ROB, Gawn or Grundy is honestly a better option. I’d also suggest having a basement R2 player considering 3 are debuting this weekend. I done that so I can have a loaded defence since there isn’t a world of rookie priced defenders out there with good JS.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:23 pm

90-95 I see as the lower end.

Hunter poor JS, r3&4 gets two rookies.

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Well, you could have Hunter and Meek as R3 and R4 like I have, Flynn is my R2 right now and I don’t see the Fantasy Gods curse me with all three basement ruck rookies.

• Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:39 pm

I see the value. But I also see undeniable value in Witts.

It is a matter of De Goey and rookie ruck or Witts and rookie fwd/mid.

• Wathen FC

March 18, 2021 at 6:44 pm

My answer to that is go whatever you feel more comfortable with. I have a pretty much set defence and forward, and a fair few rookies that could go well in midfield, hence why I have a ruck rook as R2.

• motor

March 18, 2021 at 6:59 pm

Lol. You mock the fantasy gods at your own risk Wathen FC.

4 midfield rookies and 3 rookies rucks and Braden Campbell as well as neale.

The fantasy God will have you well down their “to do list”.

Best of luck.

12. Shaun

March 18, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Hate these round 1 rolling lockouts, forcing selection.

Dunkley named half forward, the sideways is Walsh who plays tonight. Decisions.

13. Large Nutz

March 18, 2021 at 6:31 pm

Butters score predictions? And is Serong worth the 60k upgrade over Sloane?

14. Double Parked

March 18, 2021 at 6:41 pm

No Darcy Cameron named…
    Grundy now looks very tempting

15. Dan

March 18, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Best combo

1. Dunkley and Markov
    2. Daniel and Tom Green
    3. Butters and Jack Sinclair?

16. Tommy

March 18, 2021 at 6:52 pm

any final advice on players would be very helpful
    DEF: Laird, Short, McEvoy, Clark, Fantasia, Young (Kos, Highmore)
    MID: Merrett, Gaff, Kelly, Walsh, Taranto, Campbell, Powell, Gulden (Jordon, Downie)
    RUCK: Gawn, Flynn (Meek) UTL: Hunter
    FWD: Danger, Phillips, Stevo, Hind, Dow, Rowe (Scott, Warner)

17. Dulcify

March 18, 2021 at 6:57 pm

Can’t understand why the AFL App needs to be updated every week, I updated on Tuesday, just logged in and told to update again, finding it very annoying.

18. Dan

March 18, 2021 at 6:57 pm

Best combo

1. Dunkley, Markov and Gawn
    2. Daniel, Tom Green and Gawn
    3. Butters, Jack Sinclair and Gawn?
    4. Butters, Jack Higgins and Grundy

19. Dulcify

March 18, 2021 at 6:59 pm

That’s the fantasy app.

20. mm

March 18, 2021 at 7:06 pm

Stewart or Short?

21. Audra Bloomer

March 18, 2021 at 7:10 pm

Ollie Henry or James Rowe

22. Daniel

March 18, 2021 at 7:12 pm

ITS STARTINGGGGG. Good luck guys, hope you are ready. Wish you all the best :)

23. bm

March 18, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Anyone interested in joining a league few spots left: 72UJ4UE9

24. Brodie582

March 18, 2021 at 7:50 pm

Would It be stupid trading out Jack Higgins at F3 for Caldwell and then turning Gaff into Taylor Adams or would Gaff and Higgins be the safer option to roll with

• Daniel

March 19, 2021 at 6:01 am

25. Dan

March 18, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Best combo

1. Dunkley, Markov and Gawn
    2. Daniel, Tom Green and Gawn
    3. Butters, Jack Sinclair and Gawn?
    4. Butters, Jack Higgins and Grundy.

• Niko

March 19, 2021 at 12:32 am

• CJ

March 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm

26. Stimpy

March 23, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Danger to Stephenson
    Rowell to Dusty or Dunkley( help me choose)

Cheers