My Team

My Team 2022: Version 1.0

It’s time to chat about your team in My Team!

Fantasy is open for 2022!

Click here to register for an account on DT Talk to discuss your team! Be sure to add a profile pic to distinguish your posts from everyone elses.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:10pm AEDT, Wednesday 16 March at the bounce of Melbourne v Western Bulldogs. The rolling lockout will be in place again this season, so make sure you’re on top of when games are played in round one as to help you lock in your squad. All times below AEDT.

Wednesday, March 16
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 7:10pm – Seven/Fox

Thursday, March 17
Carlton vs. Richmond – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 7:25pm – Seven/Fox

Friday, March 18
St Kilda vs. Collingwood – Marvel Stadium – 7:50pm – Seven/Fox

Saturday, March 19
Geelong Cats vs. Essendon – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 2:10pm – Fox Footy
GWS GIANTS vs. Sydney Swans – Accor Stadium – 5:10pm – Fox Footy
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide – The Gabba – 8:10pm – Seven/Fox

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 1:10pm – Fox Footy
Adelaide Crows vs. Fremantle – Adelaide Oval – 4:10pm – Fox Footy
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS – Optus Stadium – 7:40pm – Fox Footy

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of the new $14.8m salary cap. Click here to register for a DT Talk account. For all prices with priced at figures, click here.

Join our DT Talk group: LTY72PLA
Click here to join

1. Powerplay

January 24, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Def: 2 – 2 – 0 – 4
    Mid: 3 – 1 – 3 – 4 (includes utility)
    Ruc: 0 – 1 – 1 – 1
    Fwd: 2 – 1 – 2 – 3

2 on field rookies atm

2. Kingzy

January 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm

There is so much value across all lines its hard to ignore, I am happy with this team what do you guys think?
    DEF:Lloyd, Whit, Dawson, Riddley, Tucker, McDonagh (O’driscall, Chugg)
    MID:Steele, Neale, Yeo, Serong, Lipinski, Rowell, JHF, Daicos (Mcinnes, Clark)
    RUC: Witts, Preuss (Hayes)
    FWD:Dunks, DeGoey, Cogs, Heeney, Gresham, Brodie (Hollands, Pedlar)
    ULT:Roberts

• hawk

January 25, 2022 at 2:29 pm

I actually don’t like this idea, lack of captain options. Back to the drawing board queensy or should I say and I quote good luck 2023 vote one menegola

• Kingzy

January 25, 2022 at 3:11 pm

Paying up for Steele is the captain option mate.
        But yea nice troll

• The Chosen Won™®©

January 26, 2022 at 9:23 am

I am Sam Hawk Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

• Jake

January 25, 2022 at 4:02 pm

Love the Tucker, Lipinski and Gresham POD’s. Going without a Premo in the rucks is risky, but I can see why you’d do it. I’m personally not a big fan of JHF, I don’t think he’ll score well enough to justify the extra price tag. I like Neale and Yeo as underpriced premiums.

• Mighty Puds

January 25, 2022 at 4:10 pm

JHF all about high JS though, it’s worth paying up for

• Kingzy

January 25, 2022 at 4:16 pm

Thanks Jake. The main risk in the team is definitely the ruck.
        Tossing up between Tucker and Sicily, I dont trust Sicilys start with the injury. Tucker will need to do well in the warm up games to be selected.
        JHF yea I hope he can score well, has great JS, but again I dont trust North Mel will give him a good scoring role or play every game. If another cheap MID rook comes through id be happy to field Clark and bench the new rookie

• Mighty Puds

January 25, 2022 at 4:15 pm

Nice team actually. Going the two value rucks as well so nice to see it elsewhere, just think both are just too much value to pass. Ridley is value but need to see his role first (with Kelly in) same with Dawson (need to see if he’s as good on the wing for Adelaide as for Sydney).

Personally not big on Cogs and Lipinski, Heeney if he gets a mid role should be good. Tucker a pod that hasn’t been in many sides on here who could pay off (pricey though). Yeo apparently still not training fully is one to watch. Really nice side though

• Kingzy

January 25, 2022 at 5:26 pm

Thanks Mighty Puds
        I agree Ridley, Dawson, Tucker, Cogs, Lipinski and Heeney all wait and see, probably out of all of the not sold on Cogs and Tucker.
        Lipinski has fantasy game, if he is pure mid at Collingwood which they desperately need id say he can be 90+ which is a big return. Big call but he could be 100+, Pendlebury is moving to half back.
        Leaves Adams as the main mid, maybe De Goey to, Lipinksi will fit in well.
        Collingwood MID has always been a high scoring position for them, Swan, Pendlebury, Trelaor, Adams, all great scorers

• Squid

January 25, 2022 at 6:46 pm

I like your old stuff better than your new stuff, it’s like over time you’ve managed to talk yourself into a team full of speculative and frankly questionable picks and to do it you’ve sacrificed 6-7 solid bankable premos and a rook slot to get in 7-8 guys you may really regret.

That’s Darcy Tucker at Freo yeah? Priced over $500k, 7th season, averaged 70 odd once 3 or so years back, 60 (as in almost bang on) every other season, 94 games 6 tonnes HS 113, he’s not value, he’s at his correct price, add both of Ridley and Dawson (both arguably decent in isolation) and your Def line would be a constant source of disappointment from one of the 3.

Rucks are a bit per above, Witts and Preuss are both going to feature in a lot of teams, Grundy Preuss for me for instance but if you were doing both that’s a lot of risk on that line, which would be OK if you were making things rock solid elsewhere, like loading up a Steele, McRae, Titchell M1-3 or similar.

Mids, not so bad, I don’t like Serong or Lipinski, better options I reckon, but even say you had 2 different guys of the same value I’d probably be looking at chucking Yeo in with them, pick one to keep and go one up one down with the other 2.

The Fwd is much like Def, don’t like Degoey also would be amazed if he doesn’t get some sort of sanction, Gresham I just dont get, yeah sure, had that good game that time playing this role… coming back from serious LTI never really done much before, again not a terrible pick in isolation but not great either. Does Brodie even play? 5 years at the suns, 24 games, $400k is a lot for a guy who’s about as much chance of a game as the average Rookie.

I know what it is, you’ve gone K-Mart (complete with K-Mart Dusty), it all looks good at a glance, closer inspection will reveal a lack of quality components and in some cases questionable ones and after a month or so you’ll realise there’s a reason it costs what it does and wished you’d just paid up for the good stuff.

• Euman

January 27, 2022 at 10:15 am

Hi old mate I like your team not sure on Lipnski but is just that I’m not sure because not really looked at it. Only concern I have is the old story if all your mid price bargain players fire then your home. If they hold their average then you will score well in early rounds but lack cash generation later. If they fail then they fail. That said you get 2 trades a week and should score well early and can easier swap a mid priced not scoring well for a top scoring rookie easy. Also that said what would I know I have not been under a 300 rank at year end since 2015

3. Phteven

January 25, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Version 3985
    Def: J.Lloyd, L.Whitfield, D.Tucker, J.Sicily, W.Milera, W.Kelly (J.Hamling, W.Gould)

Mid: J.Steele. J.Lyons, J.Crisp, L.Neale, C.Serong , M.Crouch, M.Rowell, N.Daicos (N.O’Driscoll, G.Clark,)

Ruc: J.Witts, B.Preuss, (S.Hayes)

Fwd: M.Duncan, J.Dunkley, J.Graham, J.Gresham, C.Rayner, E.Hollands (M.Rioli, S.DeKoning )

Ute: Valente
    Currently experimenting with the 2 cheap rucks. A little bit mid price madness but will probs end up with Grundy instead of Preuss.
    What opinions are there?

• Finn Barker-Tomkins

January 26, 2022 at 8:58 am

I’d be tempted to drop a Crisp in that midfield for Grundy in the ruck, and then Preuss becomes JHF, which might leave you with some money to take Graham to a Tarryn Thomas with some more value… I like the mix of value and captains, though I’m not sure if Lyons backs it up, and if its safer to trust Titch, or a little bit of growth from Mills or Walsh

• Phteven

January 26, 2022 at 9:13 am

Thanks. I’m keeping crispy in the mids as I want to shift him back when Milera matures. Graham, Gresham, Rayner and Tucker already gone!

4. Aluniesheis

January 25, 2022 at 7:24 pm

First crack for a team this year,
    DEF: Lloyd, Dawson, H.Young, Sicily, Milera, Hamling, O’Driscoll, Gould
    MID: Mitchell, Walsh, Neale, Yeo, Serong, Rowell, Francis, Daicos, Clark, Mead
    Ruck: Grundy, Witts, Hayes
    FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, Butters, Gresham, Hollands, De Koning, Kelly
    UTI: Edwards

Obviously plenty of changes before the start of the year, but with the extra coin and some good midfielders below 600 K, I think 4 players coming of year or long term injuries is the max risk for me at this point (Sicily, Milera, Witts, Gresham). Not counting the place holder Hamling nor Hollands who played last few games in the VFL.

My main swings at this point are Young to Ridley, Gresham to Brodie, Witts to Preuss and Milera to Whitfield or a player to Duncan.

• Daniel

January 25, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Love the Hayden Young pick mate. What do you see him averaging? Overall a solid squad also

• Aluniesheis

January 25, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Chose him at the moment because I think he is one of the better picks around 68. I’d hope he’d get close to 80.

• brian Smith

January 26, 2022 at 8:00 pm

Young at D3 looks a bit light, but that is offset by having Gresham at F5, and you already have both as swing options. And in the mid I’ve gone ‘Trac + rook which I think is a better option than Yeo + Serong. Only time will tell. Great team.

5. Riley

January 25, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Hey Legends, that time of the year again and the first of many teams. Obviously rookies are placeholders but liking this structure going into Pre season games.
    Obviously Cogs/Heeney are wait and see on roles, Sicily wait and see on recovery.

DEF: Crisp, Lloyd, Whit, Sicily, Gibcus, Sinns (McDonagh, Gould)
    MID: Titch, Merrett Neale, Serong, JHF, Daicos, Chesser (Stephens, Valente)
    RUC: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)
    FWD: Duncan, Dunks, Cogs, Heeney, Rayner, Butler (Windhager, Smith)
    ULT: Hollands

18K left over

Thoughts???

• Farmer wants a Fyfe

January 26, 2022 at 9:42 am

Looks a really good team and structure to me, love the DPP flexibility! Though I think you might be missing a mid.

Is it worth having a slightly stronger ruck line? Usually a big fan of Witts but coming off an ACL and the addition of Chol seems like two big red flags. Where do you go if it doesn’t pay off?

• Mighty Puds

January 26, 2022 at 12:16 pm

There’s obviously risk with Witts but he does present undeniable value. By all reports he’s been training well over the summer and looking good fitness wise. Imo Chol will play more forward and help out King (Witts isn’t that good forward and don’t think it’ll be a Gawn-Jackson situation). But he is risky.

6. Liam

January 25, 2022 at 10:17 pm

DEF – Whit, Dawson, young, Sicily, Milera, Lachie jones
    Bench – odriscoll, kelly

MID – Steele, titch, adams, Neale, Rowell, JHF, daicos, Clark
    Bench – mead, Stephens

Ruck- Grundy, Marshall
    Bench – Hayes

FWD – Dunks, de goey, butters, Gresham, Rayner, Brodie
    Bench – hollands, edwards

Utility- skinner

7. Jimmy

January 26, 2022 at 9:14 am

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Short, Sicily, Milera, McDonagh (Kelly,Gould)

MID: Steele, Adams, Neale, Yeo, Serong, Rowell, Daicos, Clark (Valente,McInnnes)

RUC: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)

FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Cogs, Gresham, Curnow, Hollands (Smith,De koning)

UTL: O’Driscoll

3k left

8. Mike

January 26, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Cash left $0 Forwards a risk. Not a fan of Witts..

Def Hall Lloyd Whitfield
    Sicily Milera Kelly
    Pine: McDonagh Gould

Mids: Steele Macrae Titch Oliver Rowell JHF NDaicos Clark
    Pine: Sharp Hollands

Rucks: Grundy Witts
    Pine: Edwards

Fwds: Duncan Treloar Gresham Brodie
    Curnow Rachele
    Pine Spicer Serong
    Utility Wehr

9. Johnny

January 26, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Hey guys, pretty set on my team after playing around with a few structures. Would love all your thoughts on the team and if there’s any changes you’d make!

Def: Lloyd, whitfield, short, Chapman, Milera, skinner (Gould, odriscoll)
    Mid: Steele, Mitchell, J.Kelly, Neale, rowell, JHF, daicos, Clark (valente, Carroll)
    Ruck: Grundy, ROB (hayes)
    Fwd: Dunkley, Wingard, Thomas, Gresham, Brodie, Rachele
    UTL: j. Serong
    45K in the bank

• Straight shooter

January 26, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Not sure on Wingard other then that strong line up

10. Conti’s Cheerleader

January 28, 2022 at 8:33 am

Another attempt at settling on team for longer than a week!

Def: Whitfield, Dawson, Bowes, Hewett, Sicily, Chesser, (Hamling, McDonagh)
    Mid: Mitchell, Petracca, Simpkin, Neale, Lipinski, JHF, Daicos, Clark, (Ward, Stephens)
    Ruck: Grundy, Darcy, (Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunkley, Treloar, Nash, Rayner, Rachele, Hollands, (Skinner, Smith)
    Utility: Wanganeen-Milera
    206k remaining

Waiting too see if either Brodie or Gresham gets named to start in guts rd 1 and will upgrade from rachele. Have serious doubts with the forwards in general. Can’t see a lot of rookies getting quality game time mixed with a lot of questions on the top tier forwards. May switch Darcy down to Witts or Preuss if Bowes doesn’t look to be getting mid opportunity and upgrade to a Crisp.