My Team

My Team 2021: Version 1.1

A new month, so a new My Team. Get chatting!

Fantasy is open for 2021! It’s quite a bit earlier than usual, so there’s no excuse for not having time to play with your team for what we hope will be a normal season coming up.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:25pm AEDT, Thursday 18 March at the bounce of Richmond v Carlton.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of your $13m salary cap. For all prices, click here.

Previous My Team Posts

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: X55XS3Z9
Click here to join

1. tom

February 6, 2021 at 12:39 am

Thoughts? Very rough draft so far

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Idun, Gould, Jeffrey (Worrell, Roberton)
    Mid: Oliver, Gaff, Taranto, Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar, Rantall, Davies (Kemp, Rioli)
    Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Lynch)
    Fwd: Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Phillips, Ugle-hagan, Mcdonald, McCreery (Rowe, Jones)

Leaned into a very heavy guns and rooks setup this time – mainly due to wanting to keep Gawn/Grundy and Lloyd/whitfield combos. Any ideas on some downgrades, whilst keeping those pairs in?

February 6, 2021 at 8:53 am

what sort of cash do you have? i love the big guns ruck strategy is unique and should be set n forget. Im personally cant come to Whitfield and llyod i think both are over priced, that said i did not have llyod at start of last year and chased him all year and with shorter season i never got him. I finished 1 millionth so stick with your plan.

2. Sunnyjim

February 6, 2021 at 5:38 am

DEF: Whitfield Laird Williams Harmes Milera Gould (Bianco Wehr)
    MID: Adams Taranto Sloane Rowell Cunnington Hately Phillips Powell (Valente Mead RCD)
    RUCK: ROB Preuss (Fullarton)
    FWD: Marshall Heeney Phillips Stephenson Cockatoo Robertson (Kelly Rowe)

Thoughts?

February 6, 2021 at 8:59 am

well rounded team mate, stick with it. Im off hatley, is still in my team at M6 but am not sure on role i mean only one guy left in Brad, we got Laird going to get more minutes, we got sloane fully fit, and we have milera training with mid group we have Pedlar hoping as well and there is probably more, i think hately will play half forward, so his DODT prediction of 85 is about right so is that enough. So am considering going a rookie and then upgrading a forward rookie at F4, so means 3 rookies on field in mids instead of forwards.

February 6, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Plus schoenberg

• Sunnyjim

February 6, 2021 at 2:09 pm

yeah definitely agree with that if i had to drop one of the ‘mid pricers’ in the midfield it would be hately

3. 22 guns

February 6, 2021 at 11:01 am

draft league open to join ENA757VZ 11/2/21 7.00pm 16 teams 22 players private league please join

4. Brendon

February 6, 2021 at 1:05 pm

Could you start laird in the midfield with having young has a more solid choice than a rookie mid

• Ron

February 6, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Yes, the way I have it set up.

• Brendon

February 6, 2021 at 3:35 pm

I believe i will be rolling with that to. Thanks mate

5. Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Are people getting worried about the amount of Adelaide midfielders in there team. I am starting to think Sloane and Hately are massive traps. Adelaide over the last 5 years has zero midfielders (from what I can research) who have over 80% TOG. This compared to Neale at Brisbane and Oliver and Merrett means they need to to have a higher (points per minute) PPM to score.

Sloane and Hately are mid 70% TOG even during 2020. They need to increase there PPM to rise in price because there TOG won’t really increase. I wonder whether there increases will be around 5 points. Hately’s price reduction is still not enough at his price.

I hope Hately smashes it in the preseason game and his PPM looks amazing, but I want to see it first.

• Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 2:39 pm

This is a scenario which might play out

Hately 75 and Sloane 85 = 160 at $1066

Oliver 115 and Rookie like Phillips 55 = 170 at $ 1141 lower rookie than Phillips at 55 makes it closer to parity, and you are not trying to sell both before Round 6-8. Many will try and find a 115 player instead of Oliver in order to get to parity, Mitchell, Treloar and J. Kelly for example.

At the moment, I see a lot of structures going Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Hately- and 3 of those guys have high risk and I am not sure massive reward. Hope I am wrong.

• Luke Parker

February 6, 2021 at 2:51 pm

I’m picking Noah Anderson instead of Rowell, LDU instead of Cunnington & Tom green instead of Sloane. What you think champ ?

• Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Think Anderson over Rowell is too risky (Rowell is hugely popular and Anderson will likely still be on the wing a lot). Not sold on Sloane and Cunnington (actually like the LDU over Cunnington as Roos need to prioritize younger mids). Green could work but needs a guaranteed inside mid role to do so so need to watch him in preseason champ.

• Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Rowell is a definite lock baring injury. LDU is interesting, had a half spike in 2020 which is a concern in terms of value, but as a player he might draw more midfield time. My problem with Cunnington, apart from the obvious injury history, is he has no other dominant position. Noble saying he will spend time forward as part of the midfield rotation might increase his TOG to 80% but reduce his scoring.

North have traditionally been the death of premium mids and I wonder, steering clear of North mids is the best option, unless thye are rookies.

Green is a watch, but his inside mid role with Hopper is the issue. They are similar and with limited other roles, instead of being in the forward rotation, they’ll come off the ground and therefore be stuck in 75-79 % TOG. Green and or Hopper are of interest if there is one of them injured and Cogs in playing forward in a swap with Taranto. This is assuming Kelly plays wing with Perryman on the other side.

• Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Only Crows mid I’ve got currently is Crouch given his end to the year and his numbers without Brad. Not sold on Sloane’s durability or just how much mid time Hately will get with others like Schoenberg, Milera, Scholl etc. Currently rowling with Crouch, Gaff (two really consistent premiums with well defined rolls) then Walsh, Taranto (under priced premiums with good upside) then only Rowell from those you mentioned (don’t really see how there’s much risk with him tbh, especially with his ownership). Then three rookies which are currently Phillips, Maginness and Cockatoo.

• Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 3:22 pm

Like it. I had Crouch, but his injury history and interrupted last few weeks are scary. He is another player who does not play over 80% TOG and therefore he has a ceiling of around 110-115. The other issue with Adelaide is they played a number of games in Adelaide where it was like circle work- midfielders on both sides getting the ball.

No Covid and and with more equal travel might change how well some of these Adelaide mids go. Preseason will be fun!

• Squid

February 6, 2021 at 4:45 pm

What you’re descrbing is the classic mid price madness v guns and rooks equation, we all know guns and rooks will win hands down 9 times out of 10. The problem as I see it is still an apparent lack of rookie price players compounded by minimal pre season opportunity for them to break into teams, list reductions and so many extra players getting a crack last season who perhaps wouldnt have under normal conditions, not to mention most kids drafted most recently barely played last year setting them even further back. Basically we will likely be forced into filling out teams with mid pricers in order to get a full playing 29 (no one cares about r3 right?) Because you still have to make money and you wont do that with benches full of non playing bottom pricers.

Normally you’d have 4-5 rookie priced def and fwd players and 7-8 mid that’s 15-18 rooks and at this stage I can’t see us getting that many options full stop let alone that many good ones, and the most likely ones are not bottom priced either which stretches the cap even more. Now if im wrong I’ll be last minute scrambling to get my least preferred mid pricers out or upgraded and the cheap rooks in but until then my plan is forced “value” picks, we can’t call it mid price madness when there is no choice after all. Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington etc, etc are clearly not the best players in their positions but at least they will play and are priced to make some cash doing so while hopefully also scoring handy points becoming stepping stones to proper premo mids.

Thats my thinking anyway and I’m pretty sure where others are coming from, all I can recommend is stop overthinking things and relax, some research is good, we’ll know a bit more after the pre season games but it is literally not until round 1 that we get a proper idea of what all the teams, and therefore our teams, are actually going to look like.

• Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Most years at this time mid priced madness rules and we still end up with enough rookies to avoid mid priced madness. We fear this is different and it might be, but we don’t need massive numbers of rookies. Hard to imagine there not being 4 players below 250 in def, 5 in mid, 4 in fwd.

Remember the ultimate problem with midpricers are they do not generally generate enough cash to upgrade because you need to sell 2 to upgrade to a gun and a, you guessed it, a rookie. The highest percentage of rookies for a round will be round 1.

A modified guns and rookies works because it generates cash and score. In terms of structure, the easiest thing is to modify one defender or one forward. For example, chop a mid pricer where you see a rookie who will score hopefully 15 below the mid pricer. For example Caldwell to Cockatoo or Campbell and use the 200K to go up from Hately to a Prestia who will probably beat Hately by more than 15.

• Squid

February 6, 2021 at 8:48 pm

Mate, I know how it works, been going well over 10 years since we had to manage trades and be much more tactical, I’ve had guys who are now retired as rooks and rookie studs like Heppel, Barlow, Sheils, Toby Greene and the glorious RedRock combo. Ive played through the marvelous GC & GWS all the rooks period where it was about getting the right ones, maybe up to 20 to start, through subs with their dreaded green and red jackets all the way to Coronaball enjoying all the good and being on the end of most of the bad along the way.

Last year watching the glut of rookie options hit the field whilst most junior and state comps went on hiatus or modified structure it became apparent this season might be difficult. In addition to that the 2019 draft was comfortably the smallest since expansion and last year’s was even smaller still barely getting into the 4th round whilst retirements and delistings eased up and then list sizes got cut, there are literally less rookies available than there has been for 10 years plus.

4 mid & def rooks and 5 mid these days means you are in mid price madness mode already and at 100k or so over bottom price the most likely rooks are nudging mid price already. This fantasy AFL season could be the toughest any of us who haven’t played pre internet have ever faced as far as cash generation and upgrading goes.

• Dan

February 8, 2021 at 5:21 pm

I feel like the rookies ‘problem’ is a little overstated. if you work backwards you’re looking to get the best 22 players. if you have 10 keepers, that’s 12 players you’ll need to fill out your roster. If you go with the midprice crazy you will start off with only about 3 keepers. That’s 19 players you’ll need to pick up throughout the course of the year. That’s just not going to happen. Throw in the fact that you have midpricers, so when you look to downgrade them to a rookie you will be presented with the same problem, i.e. finding a 170k rookie. But this time it will be harder because the reliable rookies would have played in the early rounds.

• Squid

February 8, 2021 at 8:16 pm

30 players in a team including bench, 10 keepers means 20 to fill it out, otherwise you appear to be describing a rookie problem.

February 7, 2021 at 9:11 am

How do you think the lower rotations will affect things? I also am off hately and was never on Sloane

• Squid

February 8, 2021 at 8:20 pm

Lower rotations means you need players with bigger tanks, to manage the workload, most rookies need a few years to build that fitness base meaning they are less likely to be picked because it’s harder to manage them through a game.

6. Heater

February 6, 2021 at 3:59 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Milera, Smith, Gould
    MID: Adams, Steele, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Phillips, Powell, Valente
    RUC: Grundy, Preuss
    FWD: Marshall, Heeney, Phillips, Caldwell, Robertson, Kelly

Feels really safe and boring but probably not a bad thing I guess

7. Luke Parker

February 6, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Might have to trade out Whitfield now, he is had a setback with a liver bruising injury. Check it out AFL.com.au breaking news

• Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Club said it’s a fairly low grade bruise and that he didn’t need hospitalization. Said it’s a week to week proposition but doesn’t sound too bad, unless ruled out for R1 he stays for me.

8. Panic Mode

February 6, 2021 at 4:33 pm

What do we do about Whitfield is he a straight out swap, we all knows he bruises easy and heals slowly. Please help I don’t want injured or pre season interruption players on my team.

• Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 4:43 pm

Seems like he’ll be fine, Hasn’t been any indication he misses R1 or AAMI yet. Understand the wanting interrupted preseason, think with guns like Whitefield if he’s there R1 there’s no reason to worry.

9. oggsdog

February 6, 2021 at 5:11 pm

Thoughts? first team so far with most my decisions coming from last year note taking and some recent news.
    DEF: Whitfield, laird, williams, milera, h young, gould (170, 170)
    MID: Adams, Taranto, Serong, Daicos, Slone, Rowell, Phillips, Powell (170, 170)
    RUCK ROB, Preuss
    Forward: Marshall, T Phillips, J Stephenson, Buddy, Cockatoo, Cahill, (170, 170)
    utl (170)

• Luke Parker

February 6, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Keep an eye on jake bytel as a second year rookie priced player in the mids bro, he is doing well at training and should get a game R1.

• Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Until Crouch is available…

• The Chosen Won

February 6, 2021 at 5:40 pm

Quality Bench options.

Good Luck™®©

10. Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 5:41 pm

I think the death of rookies won’t happen, yes, less than last year, and maybe not at as many 2020 draftees. But enough, you only need 13 out of this lot and this is a month out
    Highmore, Gould, Worrell, McLennan, Chugg, Wehr, Kozzie, Idun, Butts, Ling
    Gulden, Downie, RCD, Valente, Durdin, Davies, Williams, T. Dow, Carrol, Spicer, Honey, Powell, Phillips, Campbell, Cockatoo, Perkins, Macrae, Maginness, Pedlar, Bowey, Cook, Lazzaro
    Robertson, Bergmann, Cahill, E. Smith, H. Jones, W. Kelly, Rowe

Surely enough of these rookies and other rookies are named in R1 to avoid more than 4-5 mid pricers in your team.

• Squid

February 6, 2021 at 9:23 pm

See above response to another of your comments, 13 rookies is 4 or 5 short of ideal, especially when you’re paying 200k+ for most of them, it’s 2 years of low draft numbers now and a glut of rooks getting games last year mean we will be short of options this year to start and to downgrade. Reduced list numbers also impact the situation. Half the guys you list won’t get a game and most won’t be regulars. 4-5 mid pricers normally means you’re doing it wrong, this year with the pricing structure it’s essential and realistically you’re going to need to pull a few more out of your rear end to be competitive by season’s end.

Without cash generation filling out a “complete” team is going to be a real challenge, especially without reliable downgrades, playing the BE stock market is going to be more important than ever, picking the right mid pricer at the right time for them to rise then peak in price then cashing them in to a proper bottomed out premo before they inevitability crash and burn and the premo explodes will be how we grow team value and score points, this year will require both more skill and more luck than previous years to win.

I’ve only been playing since about 2007 and have a job IRL which involves dissemination of information and using it to determine trends and outcomes which I’m pretty handy at so i reckon I may have a clue about this, I mean sure I might be wrong, only a fool thinks they have all the answers but I feel like this year is going to be a real challenge, I can’t wait!

• motor

February 6, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Super post Squid and if you are wrong then I will be standing right next to you. All my research is arriving at the same conclusions as your research.

• Adonis

February 6, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Too true Squidda

• Aluniesheis

February 6, 2021 at 11:17 pm

I could be wrong- but I did win the competition- not that it guarantees anything in 2021 and I might go horrible. But let me use my starting side as a guide. 4 rookies in def with 2 on ground. 6 in mid with 3 on ground and 5 in mid/uti with 2 on ground plus R3 spud. So slightly more than 13 because as many have said the full compliment of 15-17 may not be on offer, but enough to avoid mid price across all lines.

I had a complete team with four rounds remaining and so did nearly everyone in the top 20. Yep of those listed many won’t play, there was 39 of them and I left out Fullarton. This is the joy of fantasy, different opinions. I was just offering a contrary opinion to what I see out there. Mid price madness across all lines is a recipe for finishing 5000.

• Squid

February 7, 2021 at 1:36 am

I am aware of that, well played, you must know what you’re doing and you must also be very lucky. Don’t take this wrong either, navigating any season and finishing on top is very much an acheivement but remember, even Warnie finished13th once upon a time :P

Last year was funny one, also my worst since my first. I suspect your team would have looked like mid price madness at the beginning with last year seeing a lot of mid price guys going on to be top tier on their line. If you had 3, or being generous 4, or more of Viney, Petracca, Maynard, Simpkin, Mills, Steele, Ridley, Houston, Bailey Smith, NicNat, Brayshaw or even Rocky then you were playing mid price madness, I had 3 of these plus lukosius, it was my most mid priced team ever, luckily that means we both have practice for what will most likely be required this year.

All I’m saying is this season has all the signs of being the worst for rookies ever and those searching for value are probably aware of this and planning accordingly. Oh I left off reduced rotations, yet another reason for coaches to hold back young kids in favour of older guys with an endurance base fortified by a number of preseasons. 2021, what could possibly go wrong?

• Mighty Puds

February 7, 2021 at 2:22 am

He’s right though, yeah this year there are some unique factors but it gets said every year that there’ll be no rookies and after preseason there invariably are. Not saying it happens for sure but even if there’s a few 200k+ rookies still means there’s rookies to pick (albeit ones you’ll have to pay up for).

• Aluniesheis

February 7, 2021 at 7:07 am

Absolutely, I had the most incredible luck- there is no doubt about it. And I agree with the basic thrust of what you are saying, and if there are not enough rookies across the lines then yes mid pricers will come into even more ( and more so considering how the scoring system favoured premiums).

You’ll find most sides that go well overall had a strong core at the start (good luck, yes) which allowed them the flexibility to fix problems. If you have 3 or more mid pricers across 3 lines you are either going to win the comp or finish 10000. How many mid pricers are too many? For me that would Williams down in def ( or maybe Witherden) and players below Prestia in Mid and players below Phillips in Fwd. How many below them is a risk? I think there is value in having one strong line. Interstingly enough, most of what you said is what I mentioned in the podcast, I was just throwing it out there that if there are just enough rookies then mid pricers lose a lot of there value.

This is the fun of it all, and good luck.

• Gary

February 7, 2021 at 3:28 pm

You do know that the guy you’re talking to actually won AFL Fantasy last season. I’m pretty sure your trend tracking job is great and all, but he has actually won the competition that you have been playing since 2007.

• Squid

February 7, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Geez Gary, really! Well blow me down! I take everything back and will accept all he says without question!

Clearly I know, we both acknowledged that, we both seem to largely agree on most stuff also but I’m feeling very pessimistic about this year’s starting rookie stocks for what I, and others, consider to be good reason and am planning accordingly, we also have a different interpretation on mid pricer too, id class Williams, Phillips and especially Prestia as mid priced.

I just happen to believe that having your own opinions and engaging in robust discussion is a healthy thing, I did not mean any disrespect to the reigning champ and I hope none was taken, I also hope others got more out of our sharing of thoughts than the more common player A or player B, pick one.

If you want to do well at this game, or most things, you can’t just blindly follow others and expect success, you generally also need luck, lots of luck, may you get your share.

11. Mighty Puds

February 6, 2021 at 9:20 pm

What’s the general consensus with Whitefield’s injury, hold or fold? Thinking of holding but not sure…

February 7, 2021 at 9:09 am

Don’t have him for that reason. I have same question on titch

12. Mclovin

February 6, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Advice plz gents

Doch, Williams, harmes, cumming, h.young, idun (gould, wehr)
    Merrett, treloar, laird, taranto, rowell, cunnington, maginnes, phillips (e.smith, mead)
    Grundy, preuss (fullerton)
    Dunks, Marshall, phillips, campbell, perkins, cockatoo (Rowe, kelly)
    (Robertson)

February 7, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Thanks Ky. I was leaning that way but wasn’t sure. Cheers

February 9, 2021 at 7:34 am

Dusty and Walsh, and btw I’m not rusty I’m just a little dusty

14. Pork

February 7, 2021 at 10:31 am

Def – Lloyd, Laird, Z.Williams, Milera, Cumming (rooks)

Mid – Neale, Adams, Titch, Preston, Rowell (rooks)

Ruck – Gawn, ROB (rook)

Fwd – Zorko, Phillips, Stephenson (rooks)

Thoughts?

• Pork

February 7, 2021 at 10:32 am

Prestia…

• Double Parked

February 7, 2021 at 2:18 pm

Could start okay but will struggle big time as the season progresses. Having Gawn, Neale, Lloyd and Adams doesn’t scream value, and you’re more likely to lose lots of $$$ early on, particularly from Gawn and Neale, which will make it hard to get a finished side by the end of the season. Would downgrade those two to premium options that represent some more value (Grundy / Taranto) or even move Gawn down to Preuss and use the extra $$$ to upgrade some rooks

February 8, 2021 at 8:23 pm

My thoughts are to say rooks is hard to know as the price for the ones we think will play is plus $200 for most so I can’t tell if you will have a starting squad and 29 playing while in the cap otherwise I like your selections

15. Dane

February 7, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Hey guys, any thoughts would be appreciated! Keep in mind I only have 1k spare to try and work with 😂
    DEF-
    Dunkley R.Marshall T.Phillips |W.Kelly
    Daniher Perkins Cockatoo |Bergman
    UTILITY
    E.Smith

16. Luke Parker

February 7, 2021 at 2:36 pm

What’s everyone’s perspective of choosing ROB over Grundy, with the improvement of Darcy Cameron and mason Cox and with the midfield rotations. Does Grundy spend more time forward or on the pine.

• bomberpap

February 7, 2021 at 4:43 pm

You could argue that ROB has a more secure role based on that… but when you look at how long Grundy has been performing well it’s hard not to pick him.

I’m actually leaning towards Grundy/ROB as a combo and hoping like hell that Preuss has a stinker R1.

• Ky

February 7, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Im looking at Grundy + ROB to, would love to go Gawn and ROB as i think ROB can go #2 and Gawn should be the clear #1.

• Mighty Puds

February 7, 2021 at 5:32 pm

I’ve had that thought but just think Preuss is too good to ignore when you consider what the savings on more traditional R2 options lets you do to other lines, not to mention the potential for cash generation and his overall value. Plus his inevitable high ownership makes it a big risk.

• Mighty Puds

February 7, 2021 at 5:24 pm

I’ve gone ROB over Grundy, just think his rapid improvement over the last couple of years shows he’s more than able to match the big two. Don’t necessarily think Grundy will be any worse, but he looked banged up last year and with Cameron and even Max Lynch getting better and better maybe ROB has a stronger grip on prolonged ruck time, especially with the limited rotations.

February 8, 2021 at 8:30 pm

ROB out scored grundy and gawn last 6 rounds last year crows kicked into gear actually won 3 matches in a row until they met the mighty Tigers

17. Jeremy

February 7, 2021 at 4:41 pm

Hey guys, would love some thought on the team!
    Def: Lloyd, Stewart, Williams, Milera, Cumming, Gould (wehr, bianco)
    Titchell (if fit otherwise treloar), Walsh, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, mead (valante, collier dawkins)
    Ruck: Grundy preuss (Flynn)
    Fwd: dusty, Phillips, rozee, Cameron, cockatoo, macrae (kelly, Rioli)
    Any feedback/ways to improve team would be appreciated!!

18. Brucey Don't Like Rusty

February 7, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Braeden Campbell or Logan McDonald? Any Swans supporters know who is best rookie?

• Double Parked

February 8, 2021 at 9:42 am

Both should play Rd 1. Campbell currently playing with the defenders and looking at a halfback roll. Given Sydney chip it around a lot I’d be backing Campbell in over McDonald from a fantasy perspective

• Brucey Don't Like Rusty

February 8, 2021 at 9:57 am

Thanks DP

19. Bandicoot

February 7, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Hi everyone.
    This is my very first fantasy side as I have always only played RDT in past years. I understand most of the differences between the two comps but I have no idea what the purpose of the sub is. Most emergencies are purely place holders until we get to round 1.
    Anyhow, this is the squad that I have put together and would be really happy to get some feedback.
    Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Milera, L Young, Jones (Guild & Wehr)
    Mids: Adams, Gaff, Cripps, Sloane, Rowell, Powell, Phillips, Valente (Davies & Smith)
    Rucks: Grundy, Preuss (Comben)
    Forwards: Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Cockatoo, Rowe, Campbell (Kelly & Durdin)

• Double Parked

February 9, 2021 at 10:24 am

I like it a lot. Adams just tweaked his hammy so I’d keep an eye on that. A lot of rookies to keep an eye on but overall it’s very solid.

20. samwich2020

February 8, 2021 at 4:39 am

Hello everyone here – looks like rounds 1-4 could be pretty tricky. My team so far stands like this – feed back would be appreciated:

DEF: Whitfield, Laird, Z.Williams, Milera, B.Laurie, L.Jones (Gould, Wehr)
    MIDS: Oliver, Taranto, B.Crouch, Sloane, Rowell, Perkins, Cockatoo, B.Campbell
    RUCK: Grundy, Preuss (Fullarton)
    FWD: Marshall, Zorko, T.Phillips, Caldwell, Poulter, Rowe (Robertson, Durdin)
    UTL: W.Kelly

• Double Parked

February 8, 2021 at 9:43 am

Brad Crouch suspended for the first 2 weeks..

21. Snags

February 8, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Any news/thoughts on Liam Henry from freo? Job security? Average?

22. Tommy2toes

February 8, 2021 at 4:49 pm

Which one lads?

1. Hately & Lachlan Jones
    2. Milera & Braeden Campbell (mid)

• bomberpap

February 8, 2021 at 5:33 pm

Hately and Jones for sure

• Ky

February 8, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Milera and Campbell as i believe Campbell is more likely to debut round one compared to Jones.

23. Snags

February 8, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Whitfield to Mills or Doc, upgrade crouch

24. Monty

February 8, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Thoughts on a rough preseason team.
    DEF: Howe, Williams, Witherden, Cumming, H. Young, Chapman (Highmore, Winder)
    MID: Walsh, Taranto, Prestia, Serong, Rowell, Hately, Gulden, Powell
    RUC: O’Brien, Preuss (Treacy)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Philips, Cameron, Franklin, Hollands (Cook, Poulter)
    UTL: L. Edwards
    Thanks, much appreciated xx

25. Morgan

February 8, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Caldwell vs J. Cameron and
    H. Young vs. Cumming

• Intelsonic

February 8, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Cameron and Young

• Luke Parker

February 8, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Cameron and cumming (pause) for me

26. Brandon

February 8, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Lloyd, Laird, Crisp
    Cumming, Jones, Gould (wehr/chugg)

Rocky, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane,
    Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar, Valente (smith/mead)

Grundy, Preuss (fullarton)

Sidebottom, Dusty, Phillips,
    Schoenberg, Cockatoo, Durdin (bergman/jones)

(robertson)

Whitfield now out as well due to interrupted preseason. Trying not to go too Mid Priced Mad, trying to stay as Guns and Rooks as possible.

27. Kooks

February 8, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Hately M6
    Or
    Rozee F4

• Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 8, 2021 at 11:46 pm

rozee for me

28. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 8, 2021 at 11:41 pm

hey Ladies and more ladies,

want to get a gage at what people are thinking of top end defenders,

if we take Lloyd and Whitfield out of the equation,

i want you to rank:

Laird
    Stewart
    Daniel
    Crisp
    Howe
    Short
    Haynes

interested to see opinions

cheers x

• Double Parked

February 9, 2021 at 12:26 am

Would split them into the following tiers:
      1. Laird, Stewart (Laird slightly ahead of Stewart if he gets the mid role)
      2. Crisp
      3. Howe (if fit), Daniel
      4. Short, Haynes

Although not included I would also say Docherty and Witherden (if in best 22) are below Laird and Stewart but above Crisp

• Browny

February 9, 2021 at 12:54 am

Pick 1

Cogs
    Welsh
    Dunkley?

February 9, 2021 at 4:48 pm

assume you mean Walsh, and out of those 3 based on price age fitness and where his career is at i pick him. Currently at M4 for me. Cogs been injured and seems out of favour and whole team just does not look interested. Dunkley its the dogs no more to say Bevo could play him in the back pocket for all we know.

• Luke Parker

February 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm

I’m sure cogs will have a better season this year. He’s an absolute gun just hope he spends most time midfield, for me and my current team I’ve got cogs, Dunkley , don’t have Walsh but I chose Cripps, cheaper, looking stronger and should bounce back too, both Cripps and cogs as well as Dunkley shouldn’t have two stinking years in a row

February 9, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Just used compare players LY Walsh beat them both for number of games and points, his average was slightly less at 96.3 versus 97 and 96.7. However his last 3 round was 118.7 last 5 round was 117.2 compared to 94/89.6 and 107.7/99.4

Hence why Walsh is in my team, he also had the highest score in one game at 142

His TOG at 84% one would hope will increase, others 87 and 81.

He did have a low of 52 but Cogs had a 43

they all the same price, i guess that’s why you asked and points per $ is same

hope this helps, only issue is Blues lacking any quality or dominant ruck but then guess so does GWS and Dogs

i hope that helps you

• Double Parked

February 10, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Cogs comfortably ahead of Walsh

30. Sam Stanton

February 9, 2021 at 1:01 am

Very interesting teams everyone. This is what I’m currently rolling with, I always love and welcome feedback.

Def: crisp, Williams, harmes, milera, Gould, menadue (Grainger-barrass, Bianco)
    Mid: Adams, gaff, Taranto, serong, Sloane, rowell, W Phillips, Collier Dawkins (Valente, Kemp)
    Rick: grundy, Preuss (Fullarton)
    Fwd: Dunkley, t Phillips, butters, stephenson, Campbell, cockatoo (Kelly, Rowe)
    Utility: Robertson

31. gg

February 9, 2021 at 2:31 pm

aparently adams just did his hammy :(

32. Harmes

February 9, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Rank

Walsh
    Cogs
    Dunkley

February 9, 2021 at 10:47 pm

In that order

33. Luke Larker

February 9, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Will eddie mcguires dismissal as Collingwood presidency interrupt collingwoods fantasy prospects this year ??

34. Goughys Guns

February 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Crisp, Cumming, Jones, Gould (Chugg/Wehr)
    MID: Merret, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar, Valente (Mead/Rantall)
    RUCK: O’Brien, Preuss (Fullarton)
    FWD: Sidebottom, Dusty, Phillips, Daniher, Cockatoo, Durdin (Jones/Bergman)
    (E.Smith)

Shoot!

35. Jack

February 9, 2021 at 6:44 pm

DEF
    Whitfield, Laird, Harmes, Milera, H Young, Gould
    MID
    Merrett, Walsh, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Maginness, W Phillips
    RUCK
    Gawn, Preuss
    FWD
    Dunkley, Marshall, Rozee, Cockatoo, B Campbell, F Macrae

$30k remaining. Thoughts? Feels like a good balance of guns, value mid pricers and (on field) rookies currently flagged for round 1. This is under the assumption that enough $170k players will be named… so probably won’t work but it’s what I’m rolling with atm.

• bailey

February 10, 2021 at 1:22 pm

looks good apart from im not a fan of both milera and harmes in the same backline better to go one big like laird then a rookie, could do the saem for midfield with sloane and cunnington but rucks look good and forwards look good only thing with treloar, dunks mid time will be lessened for sure but its all if you prefer rookies and pros or few mid pricers

36. Loo

February 9, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Def – Lloyd, Laird, Z.Williams, Harmes, Cumming, Jones (Bianco, Gould)
    Mid – Neale, Zerrett, Oliver, Gaff, Rowell, Campbell, Pedlar, Powell (Robertson, Cockatoo, Macrae)
    Ruck – ROB, Preuss (Treacy)
    Fwd – Dunkley, Marshall, Duryea, Stephenson, Rowe, Hollands (Kelly, Durdin)
    Thoughts?

• Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 10, 2021 at 12:35 am

interesting to see we have the same F3,

dont start with harmes, its a huge trap.

February 10, 2021 at 7:46 am

Probably best team I’ve seen so far how much cash you got left?

• Loo

February 10, 2021 at 8:40 am

39,000

February 10, 2021 at 10:11 am

Fantasy team? Or RDT

• Dulcify

February 10, 2021 at 10:13 am

Can’t be fantasy. It’s $872000 over the salary cap.

February 10, 2021 at 10:21 am

Lol i just did the same thing i tried replicating his team got to F4 run out of money still had 4 places to fill lol. So assume is RDT or SC or you are taking the piss out of us. I thought team looked too good and hence my comments best team ive seen yet.

• The Chosen Won

February 10, 2021 at 10:26 am

He is a long time RDT player..

Good Luck

February 10, 2021 at 10:35 am

Ok cool in that case

RDT

WITHO – HOWE – WILLIAMS – MILERA – PAYNE – JONES {GOULD – WEHR}

ZERRETT – TITCH – WALSH – DAICOS – ROWELL – HATELY – PHILLIPS – PEDLAR – {BRUHN – POWELL – MCINNES}

ROB – REUSS {TREACY}

SIDEY – MARSHALL – DUSTY – PHILLIPS – JUH – CAMPBELL – {COCK – ROWE}

$5,200 LEFT

February 10, 2021 at 10:36 am

i still like “Loo’s” team better sigh

• Loo

February 10, 2021 at 9:49 pm

*she 🙃
                  And thanks, you too.
                  Got a league i Can join in RDT this year?

• FreemTheDream

February 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Harmes to L. Young and Stephenson down to Shoenberg, shuffle around a few mids and it fits, looks very similar to my team of:

Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Cumming, L. Young, L Jones (2×170)

Merrett, Treloar, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Pedlar (2×170)

Obrien, Preuss

Marshall, Greene, Phillips, Schoenberg, Hollands, Perkins (2×170)

• Double Parked

February 10, 2021 at 10:32 am

Is this for Dream Team? Didn’t look possible on fantasy so I tried replicating it and it needs another 850k or so in the salary cap to be possible

• Double Parked

February 10, 2021 at 10:33 am

Oh lol sorry hadn’t updated the feed at the time of posting – just to realise everyone had beat me to it ..

February 10, 2021 at 10:36 am

yeah we all got excited when we saw the team

37. Harmes

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Docherty, L.Young, Eyre, Smith
    MID: Merrett, Rocky, Steele, Titch, Sloane, Rowell, Phillips, Valente
    RUC: Grundy, Preuss
    FWD: Heeney, Phillips, Caldwell, Cockatoo, Rowe, Kelly

Rookies pending. 14k left

February 10, 2021 at 10:24 am

Good team got the 2 big def guns in. Mids solid and obviously one line has to suffer slightly with forwards, but given the salary cap it is expected. Guess you could drop a Llyod to a Laird and maybe upgrade caldwell but up to you.

39. PowerAde

February 10, 2021 at 11:27 am

RDT – 13k left. what ya think?

laird, doc, wither, zwilliams, menadue,ljones (gould,wehr)

treloar, gaff, coniglio, ismith, rowell, heppel, phillips, powell (macrae, valente, cockatoo)

ROB, Pruess (fullarton)

dunkley, marshall. degoey, jcameron, daniher, ziebell (rowe, treacy)

• The Chosen Won

February 10, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Easy win :)

Good Luck

• PowerAde

February 10, 2021 at 6:35 pm

i’d comment about finishing above you last year but have doubts i finished above anyone tbh

40. bailey

February 10, 2021 at 11:48 am

def: houli, williams, clark, milera, young, gould (170ks)
    mid; adams, steele, cripps, rowell, cunnington, hately, phillips, powell (170ks)
    ruck; ROB, pruess
    fwd; dangerfield, heeney, phillips, cameron, cockatoo, rowe (170ks)

44k left and think im done any tips will help tho

February 10, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Hi Bailey,

My thoughts as follows but is only IMO.

Love Holui, just cant rust his body and is fair price, would suggest a swap to Laird but up to you Houli probably score 120 v blues.

Adams is under injury cloud was in my team, now out and he has always had a ? mark over him due to his injury history. That said if named round one you would think they think he is ok, i got same situation with Titch. I tossed up between him Merrett and Oliver, Merrett one based on his finish to 2020, that said the setup at Bombers may change with a few players fit and a change up so he may find himself o na wing like he did early last year, Oliver less chance of any changes at demons.

A little mid price in mids, may hurt cash generation, up to you i had similar structure but change to a more guns n rookies. By guns i mean slightly under priced guns, i love your Steele pick for example. I had hately but went off him as seems everyone is getting more mid time at Crows, but only one guy left the team in B Crouch. Laird supposedly to play mids, when he did last year they started playing better and won some games, Sloane is fit, Milera training with mids, and apparently Schoenberg. Keep an eye on the practice games for setup it may give us better idea.

Ruck – same same

FWDs – Danger is good pick, surely with cameron there he wont play as much forward, and if does who do they pick up, cameron, danger or hawkins. Further cats got real good draw fantasy wise – see cals scal of hardness. Heeny im not sure cant comment, phillips i have, Cameron is best of those priced guys so ok.

If we are short on rookies round 1 your team is solid, hwoever if we have many to choose from i would maybe suggest a downgrade of some mid priced guys using rookies and then up grade others but again that said its personal preference on either pure guns and rookies versus a guns rookies mid pricer strategy.

Listening ot guy who won it last year he still likes the guns n rookies setup, but we wil lsee who lines up round 1.

• bailey

February 10, 2021 at 1:12 pm

so i went from houli to stewart then cunnington to valente leaving me enough to go from hately to oliver thoughts?

February 10, 2021 at 6:17 pm

i LIKE IT MUCH BETTER ATRONGER AND MORE CASH GENERATION

• Pauline Pantsdown

February 10, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Why are u shouting?

February 11, 2021 at 9:15 am

Lazy, saw i had caps lock on and too lazy to change it lol