My Team

My Team 2019: Version 3.0

Chat about your team in the countdown to lockout.

The JLT Community Series is done and we’ll be playing with our teams more and more up until that full lockout at 7:50pm AEDT on Friday 22nd March.

All prices can be found by clicking here. Below is how initial prices have been calculated.

• $12,800,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2018 average x magic number (approx 7142 for 2019).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2017 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Don’t forget to read the targets by Pete from aflratings.com.au on each club where you can also listen to the podcasts and download a printable pdf. Click here to access the articles. If you wish to continue using DT Live’s Drawing Board, click here to access Chad’s masterpiece.

1. Shahzaib Khan

March 13, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Why is everyone overlooking Stef in the ruck, is there something i dont know??

• Chief007

March 13, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Archie Smith was getting some jlt time so they mite run 2 ruckman

• Tigerfuzz

March 13, 2019 at 10:07 pm

He hurt his back and had a terrible preseason, despite playing jlt still

2. Ando1

March 13, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Can some help and see if this is correct average.

M crouch – 110
    Goldy – 100
    Billings – 100
    Sheed – 95
    Jacobs- 90
    Libba – 80
    Cousins – 75

Thoughts

Fooz

March 13, 2019 at 5:27 pm

I’d go Sheed 105, Billings 95… but the rest look about right

3. Chief007

March 13, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Laird,Lloyd, Whitfield, williams, Perryman, Clark (Burgess, Hore)

Macrae, Cripps, B. Crouch, sheed, libba, Walsh, Hayes, Bewley (hind, Constable)

Grundy, english (Cameron, fort)

Danger, Mundy, Kelly, Elliot, Setterfield, cavarra (Corbett, Parker)

Have 208k in the bank
    Rookies will most likely change when teams are announced, any thought or suggestions?
    Think sheed is worth the punt for a few rounds with gaff out and give english a few weeks, with the extra cash I can upgrade any of them if they aren’t up to scratch

• Stoops

March 14, 2019 at 1:18 am

No way you can run English at r2 if I’m you I downgrade macrae and upgrade English

• David C

March 14, 2019 at 7:56 am

Well Cavarra and Corbett are injured so you might as well replace them now.

• Joh

March 15, 2019 at 1:04 pm

thats a shit team

4. Craig

March 13, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Is it worth playing both Brodie Smith and Zac Williams in defence to free up some cash and to only play one rookie in the midfield?

Fooz

March 13, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Consider. I’ve looked at it a couple of times. Currently for me: Smith at D3, Williams, D4, Walsh M7, Constable M8. …. but then again, I’ve got set n forget rucks…

• Stoops

March 14, 2019 at 1:20 am

Definitely worth it apart for Lloyd, laird and Whitfield I don’t think there is anyone who’s a garunteed 90 plus so may aswell save the cash

• Jack Higgins

Drew – 55 =245

• Beau kirk

March 13, 2019 at 6:58 pm

If sheed averages anywhere near 105 i’ll eat my hat

• Stoops

March 14, 2019 at 1:22 am

Has to be 2 no way you’d pick. Cousins if it wasn’t for that random JLT stint way to risky

6. anth80

March 13, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Hey guys.

Couple of things.

1. Is Libba a must have? Currently running 3 rookie mids as can’t fit him in.
    2. Merrett, Dusty, Taranto or Sloane for M4?
    3. Menegola or Dunkley?
    4. Treloar or Crouch?

• LWD

March 13, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Taranto/Sloane
      Menegola
      Crouch

• Plastered Turtles

March 13, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Not a must have.. looks like you have guns n rooks approach in mids
      Zerrett/Dusty
      Dunkley
      Treloar

• Joh

March 15, 2019 at 1:10 pm

I dont know if sloane is better, but his child gets me excited

7. Fevs Bingles

Fevs Bingles

March 13, 2019 at 6:43 pm

OK ladies and gents, some fantasy league codes, feel free to jump aboard, cheers.

SUPERCOACH: 899510

REAL DREAM TEAM: 994859

CLASSIC: EFTEHHDH, made a third Classic league as the first two filled quickly.

Feel free to post league codes below if you are interested in me joining, thank you.

Fooz

March 14, 2019 at 10:51 am

I’m on for RDT. Probably get smashed again, but meh.

8. Dilly

March 13, 2019 at 6:50 pm

Hey all, feel free to join up this classic league.
    TL7CJFHL

9. swanlow36

March 13, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Feel free to join these two leagues

TS5DF6A4 (9 spots left)
    VWNXVW9S (3 spots left)

10. Matt

March 13, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Hogan or Fantasia for fantasy draft???

Will hogan have more mid time that’s my question otherwise it seems Fantasia would be the better option…

• Matt

March 13, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Or Tom Hawkins? Hey

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

March 13, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I’d be going Hogan

11. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

March 13, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Who would you personally pick, Crippa or Matt Crouch?

Cheers

• Jimmy

March 13, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Cripps has a higher sealing while Crouch is more consistent. It is depending on what value you are looking for if you are looking for a bloke who can score 150+ on a few occasions then Cripps but if you are looking for a more consistent player then Matt Crouch is your man. I personally have picked Crippa because I know he can break a tag, he is somewhat consistent and has a high sealing but I understand people selecting Matt Crouch.

• Seal

March 13, 2019 at 9:40 pm

Sealing? Lol. Thought they’d banned that decades ago!! Poor little seals.

• Another Seal

March 13, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Hahaha

• Jimmy

March 14, 2019 at 9:03 am

Tired after a tough day at work

• The Chosen Won

Libba Goldy definitely

13. Jimmy

March 13, 2019 at 8:01 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, B.Smith, Z.Williams, Duursma, Hore
    MID: Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Sloane, B.Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn
    FOR: Dangerfield, Heeney, Billings, Setterfield, Miers or another 170k rookie, Drew

Worpel and McCarthy
    or Billings and Miers
    Thoughts???

14. Heath

March 13, 2019 at 8:32 pm

DEF: Crisp, Houli, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Hore,Burgess)

MID: Cogs, Cripps, Treloar, Rocky, B.Crouch, Libba, Cousins, Walsh (Constable,Scott)

RUC: Witts, Goldy (Cameron,Fort)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Billings, Worpel, McCarthy, Setterfield (Parker,Drew)

20k Left

15. Rocky Road

March 13, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Bois.. Any ideas on this squad?

DEF: Witherden, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Duursma, Collins, Scrimshaw ( Clark, Burgess)

MID: Macrae, Brayshaw, Oliver, Sheed, B.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable ( Scott, Gibbons )

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Smith, Flynn)

FWD: Smith, Dangerfield, Dunkley, Elliott, Lukosius, Setterfield ( Petreccelle, McAdam)

$114,000 Remaining

• LWD

March 13, 2019 at 10:40 pm

with your leftover cash I’d be looking to get Butters up to Liberatore

16. Jeff

March 13, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Would anyone think that Ryan Clarke could be a Smokey option in the back and possibly take some points of lloyd ??? Been known to be the favourite to fin the Hannebery loss too.

• mick

March 14, 2019 at 4:38 am

I don’t think he will cause any problems for Lloyd, remember that he did well last week because Lloyd wasn’t there and i feel that Cunningham will take Hanner’s place on the wing this year…

17. Stimpy

March 13, 2019 at 8:53 pm

DEF Lloyd,Laird,Smith,Williams,Duursma,Scrimshaw(Hore,Goddard)

MIDS Macrae,Cogs,Cripps,Brayshaw,B.Crouch,Libba,Walsh,Constable(Hind,Allen)

RUCKS Witts,Goldy (Cameron,Fort)

FWDS Danger,Heeney,Kelly,Setterfield,Parker,Drew (Petruccelle,Corbett)

Thoughts please

18. LWD

March 13, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Solid DEF
    Solid but pricey MID
    No Grundy, reasons why?
    FWDs probably a bit light due to the sparse amount of good rookies.

Looks pretty solid, good luck.

• LWD

March 13, 2019 at 10:35 pm

sorry, this is replying to @Stimpy

• Stimpy

March 13, 2019 at 11:02 pm

Thanks for the reply mate..Think not having Grundy has opened up my other lines..Before I had Grundy and a rough R2..having Witts and Goldy both should get me 90-100 most weeks,and my midfield should make up for not having Grundy.(Well I hope :) )

19. Cripps

March 13, 2019 at 11:38 pm

1. Whitfield, m crouch, Libba and boak
    2. Lloyd, trealor, cousins and heeney

1 or 2

20. Handballs Deep

March 13, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Which is the better option to start with? I’m happy with my structure but last couple of years these are the positions that killed me with injury / spudding miserably – I feel like these are the selections that are going to make me enjoy DT this year or loathe the hell out of it

Option 1: D4 Z Williams, M3 Dusty or Dunkley, F3 Boak

Option 2: D3 Houli or Milera, M2 Cripps or Treloar F4 Elliott (50,000 cash)

Option 3: D2 Hurn, M3 Neale, F4 Elliott (1,000 cash)

21. Jeff

March 14, 2019 at 12:16 am

22. James

March 14, 2019 at 1:13 am

Best options for midfield

Have so far

Cripps , m crouch , Brayshaw

Best options out of
    Merrett, Sheed ,Conigs , Kelly , Trelour

What do people think of Sheed to start with?

23. Stoops

March 14, 2019 at 1:31 am

Oliver, Cripps or Trealor finding this very hard

• David C

March 14, 2019 at 8:06 am

Cripps gives you a VC option for the first round. All three good otherwise.

24. Alex

March 14, 2019 at 1:35 am

Tell me what you guys think of the team and if theres any recommendations for upgrades or downgrades it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

$48k Remaining.

DEF: J.Lloyd, L.Whitfield, B.Smith, Z,Williams, X.Duursma, J.Scrimshaw (C.Burgess, H.Jones)

MID: S.Coniglio, A.Treloar, A.Brayshaw, T.Rockliff, B.Crouch, J.Cousins, S.Walsh, C.Constable (M.Gibbons, T.Atkins)

RUCK: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (D.Fort, D.Cameron)

FWD: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, J.Billings, W.Setterfield, W.Drew, N.Balta (J.Petruccelle, M.Parker)

• Alex

March 14, 2019 at 1:36 am

$71k remaining

• Daniel

March 14, 2019 at 9:44 am

Nice side and don’t see any weaknesses really. What are you expecting of Dunkley? A few are scared off after JLT, I still think he’s a great option

• Alex

March 14, 2019 at 10:59 am

I was thinking of changing Dunkley to Heeney or Petracca then changing cousins in the MID to Worpel as I had originally had worpel at F4 then setterfield at F5 and lastly Balta at F6

25. Jeff

March 14, 2019 at 8:13 am

26. Steve

March 14, 2019 at 8:51 am

Tim Kelly or Jack Billings for F3

• Stoops

March 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I’ve switched them throughout the off season I honestly think Kelly has the higher ceiling whilst billings is safer, in my team I’ve got kelly

• Chill Out

March 14, 2019 at 10:16 pm

Been tossing up these 2 myself. Currently have Billings at F3 but I have had Kelly there also.

27. GJ

March 14, 2019 at 9:14 am

DEF: Whitfield, Crisp, B.Smith, Z.Williams, J.Clark, Scrimshaw
    MID: Cogs, Brayshaw, Dusty, Rocky, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Z.Butters
    RUCK: Grundy, Goldstein
    FWD: Danger, Heeney, Billings, Worpel, Setters, Drew

28. Clunk

March 14, 2019 at 10:09 am

AFL FANTASY – Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

DEF: Laird, Witherden, Smith, Williams, Clark, Burgess (Hore, Watson)
    MID: Coniglio, P Cripps, M Crouch, Taranto, B Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Gibbons (Constable, Bewley)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Kelly, Setterfield, Cavarra, Parker (Drew, Corbett)

CAP REM. $27k

Rookies will change dependent on who gets selected Round 1.

Big one at the moment is Lloyd & Gresham or Witherden & Kelly.

29. James Uren

March 14, 2019 at 10:20 am

Boys need some advice…

Goldstein?
    Or
    Witts?

This is for R2 position and stuck on who’s going to average more… Thinking of Witts due fixture and just the fact he’ll dominate more than Goldy will…

Cheers.

Fooz

March 14, 2019 at 10:55 am

Witts is okay. Still learning his around the ground craft. Compare numbers of goals / marks that each player has, and I seem to recall that Witts gets more of his score from hitouts. He does do okay in tackles tho.

30. Azza

March 14, 2019 at 10:21 am

Hye Guys what you reckon ?

Defenders
    Jake Lloyd, Lachie Whitfield, Brodie Smith, Zac Williams, Jack Scrimshaw Ben Stratton Int – Marty Hore, Christopher Burgess

Midfielders
    Patrick Cripps, Angus Brayshaw, Brad Crouch, Tom Rockliff Jack Macrae Nat Fyfe, Sam Walsh, Charlie Constable Int- Michael Gibbons Tom Atkins

Rucks
    Max Gawn, Zac Clarke Int Darcy Cameron, Darcy Fort

Forwards
    Patrick Dangerfield,Devon Smith, James Worpel, Jack Lukosius, Will Setterfield, Willem Drew Int – Matthew Parker, Jack Petruccelle

31. Smokies

March 14, 2019 at 10:32 am

Option 1 or 2:

1 – Nic Newman, MID Rookie, Sam Jacobs, James Worpel
    2 – DEF Rookie, Seb Ross, Todd Goldstein, FWD Rookie

Which averages more? Rookies would be on my field

32. Ash

March 14, 2019 at 10:47 am

Coniglio & Clark (gives me 3 rooks down back) OR Rocky (at M4) & Williams

33. Nick

March 14, 2019 at 10:48 am

Need to clear up $161k from overspending. Thoughts on where to make cuts?
    DEF:
    Laird ($782), Crisp ($635), Smith ($439), Williams ($421), Duursma ($236), Scrimshaw ($203)
    MID:
    Coniglio ($801), Treloar ($787), Brayshaw ($763), Rockliff ($600), Crouch ($524), Libba ($392), Walsh ($270), Scott ($174)
    FWD:
    Danger ($771), Dunkley ($695), Heeney ($658), Worpel ($480), Setterfield ($251), Drew ($170)

• Nick

March 14, 2019 at 10:49 am

RUCK:
      Grundy ($871), Goldy ($678)

Fooz

March 14, 2019 at 11:00 am

Probably mostly in the DEF line. Laird to Lloyd/Whitfield cos of Milera & BSmith pinching points, will save half that cash, and Crisp…. hmm. He was on my watchlist for last year. I may be a year out, but I’d move him onto perhaps another mid-pricer and look for upgrades later in the year

34. Crouch

March 14, 2019 at 11:33 am

Jacobs and macrea or goldy and cripps?

35. Ando1

March 14, 2019 at 11:36 am

Cripps or mcrouch?

36. Sam

March 14, 2019 at 12:38 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma (Scrimshaw, Hore)
    MID: Macrae, Brayshaw, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Libba, Cousins, Walsh, Constable (Hayes, Scott)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Cameron)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Billings, Mccarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Petrucelle, Burgess)

Thoughts??

Not sold on my mid think it may be a little weak??

37. Snags

Cripps Brayshaw mcrouch Sheed bcrouch walsh Bewley gibbons
    ( Scott constable )

Grundy goldy
    ( fort Cameron )

Danger heeney Kelly settlefield cavarra Corbett
    ( Parker drew )

Any advise would be good thanks

39. Andre

March 14, 2019 at 12:51 pm

DEF: R. Laird, J. Lloyd, Z. Williams, J. Clark, X. Duursma, C. Burgess (M. Hore, H. Goddard)
    MID: E. Yeo, A. Brayshaw, D. Martin, D. Sheed, J. Cousins, S. Walsh, W. Setterfield, C. Constable (B. Bewley, W. Drew)
    RUC: B. Grundy, M. Gawn (D. Fort, D. Cameron)
    FWD: D. Smith, P. Dangerfield, I. Heeney, T. Papley, J. Elliot, C. Rozee (M. Parker, J. Petruccelle)
    Thoughts and advice?

40. Snags

March 14, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Running Danger at M4 and having 3 premo FWDs

Hey or Nay?

Lack of FWD rooks has me worried I will get a donut when one is dragged after 2 weeks so I can use danger as a swingman