Fixture

Cal’s Scale of Hardness – Finals

Fantasy finals kick off this week, making the run home more important then ever!

With just four weeks to go and finals right here knocking, the run home is as important as ever. With 8 trades to go, be sure you are targeting the right players!

Last week there was some confusion around what all this information meant, HERE is a link to the first article where everything has been explained.

UPDATES: As the season comes to an end, some teams will be dropping off massively with their scores and some on the other hand will be knuckling down. Therefore, it’s important to update the table (new colours and values) for some teams as this happens.

Over the last three weeks, Hawthorn have been the 3rd hardest team to score against. This is a long way off what they were doing when they were ranked all year as the easiest team. Their value of 10, has now been rightfully adjusted to 5 along with the Blues who are not as restrictive as they used to be. There was value was 8 and now they are at a 6. Higher the number, the harder the team with GWS still being ranked at 10.

The Kangas still have a beast of a run home, but who would you pick from there? Brisbane players certainly should be on the radar and none more important than Dayne Beams who had another huge game on the weekend. With his run home and his price tag of $524,000 he’ll be one of the most traded in players this week.

1. dardymen

July 31, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Higgins looks a great POD playing pure mid at north

• Brillzy03

August 1, 2017 at 9:42 am

Was thinking the same, especially with the run home, but its a brave call given his history of f*cking us over at some stage of the season (mind the French)

2. Trump

July 31, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Which ruck to bring in this week for Darcy- Kreuzer, Max, Paddy or Steph? Kreuzer looks to have the easier run in but out of form, Max is good value and off the back of a 100 score, Steph looking better with Arch out of the team…

3. D Day

July 31, 2017 at 2:32 pm

I think one of the other key things people need to remember now that its finals, is not just which teams have the easiest runs home but also which teams tag. For example Brisbane, they have an easy run home but bringing in someone like Beams could be risky as he will most likely get tagged in the games against Melb and North. This could lead to 2 sub-par scores in the grand final and prelim.

Warnie

July 31, 2017 at 2:57 pm

That’s what we thought last week about Beams…

• Bjorn

July 31, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Oh man, I can’t believe Hutchings went to Rich… I, like many people I imagine, was tossing up between Selwood & Beams last week – Selwood had a great history v Carlton and at the Etihad, Beams was facing what I thought was a certain tag from Hutchings, who had just ruined my previous weekend with new recruit Sidey. Logical call right?? And it’s not the getting it wrong that’s made me lose sleep last night, Beams obviously had a chance to score better, but that call just should not have been an 85 point difference!

• Chatta

July 31, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Not on your Bjorn I did exactly the same thing except I traded Scott Selwood to Joel Selwood instead of Beams which cost me double. I could have traded Rocky but gave him one more chance – lost all the way round :(

4. Stalliondongs

July 31, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Farrrrrrk Danger got a week

• David C

July 31, 2017 at 4:40 pm

They have to appeal to give him a chance at the Brownlow.

• Stalliondongs

July 31, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Fark the brownlow how about our teams in finals haha

5. Fletty

July 31, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Which Trade?
    1. Greenwood+Blakely > Higgins+Hibberd
    2. Greenwood+Dangerfield > Sidebottom+Beams
    3. Greenwood+Bolton > Buzza+R.Gray

• David C

July 31, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Wait for the report on Blakely but I can’t see him playing again this season. Definitely trade him if that’s the case. If Dangerfield challenges and loses then he’ll be out for 2 weeks. Have to wait to see if he challenges.

• Stalliondongs

July 31, 2017 at 6:55 pm

From all accounts Blakely is out for the year

6. Matt

July 31, 2017 at 8:38 pm

I’m getting rid of jpk
    Dusty Duncan or josh Kelly ??

• Brillzy03

August 1, 2017 at 9:44 am

Duncan for me, low score of 91 isn’t it??