My Team

My Team 2017: Version 3.0

With the JLT underway, we’ll have a new My Team every Sunday night.

The JLT Series started on the weekend, so we’ll be having a new My Team post every Sunday evening. Don’t miss the JLT Notes for week one.

Post your team (in an easy to read format) and discuss where it’s at in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

deckofdtstrip2017_620

1,305 Comments

1,305 Comments

1. Matt

February 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Swallow, Caddy and 150k mid rookie
    V
    Brodie, Dahlhaus and Powell-pepper?

• nicko.k2309

February 26, 2017 at 7:58 pm

1, but try and switch one of your forward rookies into the midfield and then put Dan Butler (150k) in the forward line.

2. nicko.k2309

February 26, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Option 1,2 or 3

1. Goldstein, Stanton, JJ, Miller

2. Stef Martin, Tom Mitchell, Vince, Miller

3. Stef Martin, Heppell, JJ, Macrae

Thoughts appreciated

• Matt

February 26, 2017 at 7:52 pm

If Stef ends up rucking solo I’d go 3, if not 1. Not a huge fan of Stanton but you’ll be laughing in round 6 because you’ll be able to move him back and then upgrade a back rookie to a gun mid. Can you help above? Cheers

• Stevo

February 26, 2017 at 8:11 pm

stef won’t be solo so has to be 1 but even goldy is possibly a little unknown with preuss and daw but he’ll be better at this stage for sure. Only one im unsure of in 1 is stanton but he could be good

3. Qldtas

February 26, 2017 at 7:59 pm

DEF: Adams, Laird, J.Martin, Hampton, Stewart, Vickers-Willis (Hibbert, 150K)

MID: Danger, Rocky, Parker, Hanners, Titch, O’Meara, Sheed, Wigg (Barrett, Freeman)

RUC: Gawn, Nankervis (Preuss, 150K)

FWD: Macrae, Dahlhaus, Miller, Roughy, Begley, Black (Eddy, Butler)

Thoughts on my team please!

• James

Hrovat > Swallow

6. Cotch

February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Beams & Swallow
    Or
    Hanners & Brodie

What’s the likely averages that swallow and Brodie will get?

• Trent

February 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I like Hanners and Brodie more. Just don’t think Beams will play all the games otherwise probably 2.

As for averages I see Brodie going 68-75 and Swallow 80-85. I’m think Brodie is better value at this stage

FevsBingles

February 26, 2017 at 8:44 pm

7. loki

February 26, 2017 at 8:42 pm

Richard tambling and john butcher
    or
    travis cloke and kenny mcgreggor

• zaydb

February 26, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Travis Choke and Conor McGregor

FevsBingles

February 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm

• loki

February 26, 2017 at 8:53 pm

but dick rambling and jonty butcher have the benny hill effect, and thats worth watching

• zaydb

February 26, 2017 at 8:59 pm

But I don’t think you can miss out on the 60+ point VFL games Cloke’s going to have.

8. FevsBingles

FevsBingles

February 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Another week, another change of side, let me know what you think, cheers.

Adams, Laird, Mills, Hampton, Stewart, Vickers-Willis, Newman, Smith.

Dangerfield, Rockliff, Titchell, Hall, Bont, O’Meara, McCluggage, Brodie, Miles, Pickett.

Grundy, Nankervis, Cameron, Preuss.

Dahlhaus, LeCras, Miller, Heeney, Roughead, Butler, Black, Eddy.

$6K in the piggery, thanks.

• Frank Underwood

February 26, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Its a No to LeCras for me. History shows very inconsistent. Your side has changed a lot!! Back in some of your original gut feelings

FevsBingles

February 26, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Yeah mainly the midfield and some of the forwards have changed, just keep playing around with the side each day, haha.

• loki

February 26, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Ive never had a great finish (total ranking wise) but my thoughts are, its really risky going both danger and rocky with only $6 in the bank. Personally, if I was set on both of those, I would consider downgrading one of lecras, miller or hall.

• zaydb

February 26, 2017 at 9:06 pm

DONT LISTEN TO HIM HE’S NEVER FINISHED TOP 100

9. zaydb

February 26, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Alright boys and girls, here’s the team.

DEF: Adams, Docherty, Thurlow, Hampton, Stewart, Newman (VW, Hibberd)
    MID: Dangerfield, Rockliff, Treloar, Neale, Titch, JOM, Brodie, Wigg (Barrett, Freeman)
    RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron, Preuss)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Caddy, Petracca, Roughead, McCluggage, Hoskin-Elliot (Miles, Butler)
    Cash money: $26,000

Whoever roasts this team the best wins a Hot Wheels

• Stevo

February 26, 2017 at 9:14 pm

switch glugg with one of your mid rookies and get black/eddy or someone. Im not sure about petracca it could work out but just doesn’t seem worth the risk. Defence light obv and while I’d prefer another premo the rookies seem decent there.

• Frank Underwood

February 26, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Backs are a too thin imo. Im trying to go 2-2-0 there as resources are scarce.
      Like tge mids a lot. Good to have Neale and Titch there after the ubers.. really strong rucks maybe could d/g Grundy to u/g a back but if u think thats going too vanilla then back yrself. Not sold on Caddy or Tracca yet. The latter is very lazy/frustrating to watch lasy yr when i had him. Nice work overall tho. (A genuine) Good Luck!!

• loki

February 26, 2017 at 9:37 pm

add lecras, miller and hall

10. Lezz

February 26, 2017 at 9:03 pm

The Lez Man

Def: Adams, Docherty, Lairdd, Mills, McGrath, Hibberd – (Kollins, Smith)

Mids: Danger, Rocky, Martin, Bont, O’meara, Swallow, Myers, Barrett – (Miles, Freeman)

Rucks: Gawn, Martin – (who really cares)

Fwd: Macrea, Dahlhaus, Heeney, Toranto, Mccluggage, Balic – Picket, Eddy)

Thoughts would be much appreciated guys

• zaydb

February 26, 2017 at 9:05 pm

I suggest you start caring about the ruck bench. Also, Martin’s a unique pick, do you think he’d perform as well as say Titch or JPK? Personally not for me.

11. james

February 26, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Thoughts?

DEF: Adams, Laird, Hodge, Hampton, Marchbank, Vickers-Willis (Newman, Smith)

MID: Rocky, Treloar, Titchell, Coniglio, Beams, JOM, Sheed, PP (Hibberd, Wigg)

RUC: Grundy, Jacobs (Preuss, Cameron)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Miller, Heeney, Roughy, WHE, Butler (Eddy, Black)

Also have have 22k left, any thoughts?

12. Stevo

February 26, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Thoughts on my team? 24k left

Went Thurlow down to marchbank so I could afford a better mid rookie but ideally I’d still like to try and have thurlow.

• Frank Underwood

February 26, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Nice Stevo. What are your thoughts on Macrae? The obvious one missing there.

• Stevo

February 26, 2017 at 9:28 pm

well it’s between Macrae + J.Elliott or Touk + Heeney. Also don’t see Macrae improving, I think Dahl will do just as well if not better than macrae

• Cameron

February 26, 2017 at 10:03 pm

+1 I feel Macrae will be outperformed by a few this year, depending on DPP changes.

13. Jaidyn

February 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Thoughts guys? I’ll give help back if people help my team.

DEF: T.Adams, J.Johannisen, B.Vince, C.Hampton, E.Vickers-Willis, T.Stewart (N.Newman, B.Rice)

MID: T.Rockliff, J.Steven, J.Viney, N.Fyfe, S.Menegola, J.O’Meara, W.Brodie, J.Graham (J.Wigg, J.Barrett)

RUC: M.Gawn, T.Nankervis (B.Pruess, Big O)

FWD: J.Macrae, L.Dahlhaus, T.Miller, C.Petracca, J.Roughead, W.Hoskin-Elliot (A.Black, B.Eddy)

14. Nicko

February 26, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Thoughts on Parish 88 from 58% of playing time is he worth maybe a mid 5 or 6 spot

15. Frank Underwood

February 26, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Here’s a question: Out of your current team how many are Locks atm? (Assuming no injuries and all R1 selections)?
    For me: 4 DEF incl T Stewart (too soon?)
    5 MIDs incl JOM
    1 RUCK: Gawn
    3 FWDs: incl Roughy
    Total 13

16. James

February 26, 2017 at 11:37 pm

Hey guys, please give me any suggestions u can, thanks.
    DEF:
    Adams, laird, jj, Hampton, Newman, Stewart (EDW, Ryan)

MID:
    Rocky, danger, titchell, Parker, Watson, JOM, Taranto, spp(Freeman, wigg)

Ruck:
    Gawn, nankervis(Preuss, pierce)

Forward:
    Macrae, Dahlhaus, heeney, Roughead, Pickett, will Hoskin Elliot
    (D. Cameron, black)

$116’000 (no idea what to do with it)

• James

February 26, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Changed Taranto to forward and put Brodie into mid. Any thoughts on josh (Eagles) Kennedy as a unique option. I reckon he’ll only get better with the Eagles improved midfield. He has great ceiling as well with his 150+180 last year

17. Josh

February 27, 2017 at 11:24 am

Thanks in advance for any advice

Adams laird hartlEtt Hampton steward Hibbert Bench Ryan vickers

Danger rocky Neale mitchell Jom swollow Murphy wiggs bench Bennett graham

Gawn nankervous bench preuss king

Dal miller caddy roughie McClaggan Taranto bench black eddy

77k left

Thanks

18. Brockwell

February 27, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Marcbank vs Hampton
    and
    docherty vs laird

19. Tales

March 3, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Hello all,

This is version 123,769 It has ben setteled for alomst 3 hours (only second time posted)

Backs: Adams, Simpson, Docherty, Laird, Hampton, TStewart (VWillis, Newman)
    Mid: Treloar,Titchell, Fyfe,Watson, OMeara,PPepper,Myers,Barrett (Freeman, Wigg)
    Ruck: Martin, Nankervis (Preuss, Pierce)
    Fwd: Riewoldt, Macrae, Dahlhaus,Heeney, Roughhead, Butler (Black, Eddy)

Bank: 0k

Others on the selction table include: Swallow, Wingard, TMiles, Hibberd, JGraham, DCameron.

20. The Pig

March 3, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Hey guys would like a bit of feedback if you can! Almost happy… Just unsure on the Greene pick with Lids down there, Other options are Lids/I.Smith/Caddy/Miller.
    $1,000 left over.

Backs:
    Adams, Docherty, Laird, Thurlow, Keefe, Hibberd (VWillis, Ryan)

Mids:
    Danger, Rocky, Treloar, T.Mitchell, Heppell, O’meara, Freeman, Graham, (Barrett, Pickett)

Rucks:
    Grundy, Nankervis (Preuss, Pierce)

Fwds:
    Macrae, Dahlhaus, Greene, Heeney, Eddy, Black (Kennedy-Harris, Weidman)

21. Jack Steven

March 4, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Sorry fellow fantasy f**k knuckles, I’m really struggling in this heat and I am scared of crippsy. I should of thought twice before I cracked a few coldies with monta last night sheeesshhh