My Team 2017: Version 1.1

Chad, the man behind DT Live, has updated the Drawing Board for the 2017 season. Head over to the site and select ‘Drawing Board’ from the drop down menu and you can start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic squads for the upcoming season.

Click here to use the Drawing Board.

Once you have picked your team, you can simply copy and paste your team to put in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

We have put together a team featuring the most selected players so far this pre-season. It has been created to fit the salary cap, with $32K remaining, but it does include most of the popular selections to fit the structure. There’s plenty here we would change, but all in all, the DT Live community seem to be on the money! After the O’Meara news today, his ownership is likely to drop.

popularteam2017_11jan

Click here for more information about the Drawing Board.

deckofdtstrip2017_620

381 Comments

  • RDT, Remaining: $177,000

    Def: T.Adams (102.93), S.Docherty (101.01), M.Hibberd (71.62), J.Thurlow (46.72), J.Berry (24.92), L.Ryan (21.13) (M.Hibberd (22.32), E.Vickers-Willis (22.32))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (117.97), T.Rockliff (116.66), A.Treloar (111.52), T.Mitchell (105.70), D.Heppell (91.65), D.Beams (86.01), A.McGrath (37.06), S.Petrevski-Seton (33.27) (S.Powell-Pepper (24.16), D.Myers (23.00), N.Freeman (22.32))
    Ruc: P.Ryder (68.86), A.Sandilands (49.87) (L.Strnadica (18.43))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (98.84), L.Dahlhaus (92.31), I.Heeney (73.36), J.Elliott (54.71), H.McCluggage (35.54), C.McCarthy (35.00) (B.Ainsworth (34.78), J.Bowes (30.23))

  • TEAM NAME: Barnburners. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,978,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $22,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $9,667,000 (87.9%), On Bench: $1,311,000 (11.9%)
    Expected Total: 1950, Site Expected Total: 2028
    Def: R.Laird (95), J.Johannisen (95), E.Hughes (85), T.Cutler (85), J.Thurlow (65), A.McGrath (65) (M.Hibberd (50), L.Ryan (50))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (115), T.Mitchell (110), J.Viney (105), O.Wines (105), L.Shuey (105), N.Fyfe (105), D.Shiel (105), M.Crouch (105) (S.Powell-Pepper (50), J.Lienert (50))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), P.Ryder (85) (P.Ladhams (30), I.Soldo (30))
    Fwd: B.Ainsworth (50), J.Bowes (50), S.Bolton (50), J.Pickett (50), H.Balic (50), W.Rioli (50) (K.Lovell (50), H.Greenwood (50)

    Anyone considering loading up the forward line with say 6 rookies out of the eight selected forwards considering the possible abundance of choices?

  • What’s everyone’s thoughts on Matt Crouch? Can he push up to that 105-110 range this year? Was only averaging about 70% TOG last season, get that up to 80-85% and his numbers should increase nicely

    • Spot on. Has plenty of upside with Scott Thompson being fazed out. His tank is the big problem. Hopefully he can manage 80% tog this year. Improving his stats each year. Adelaide will be under estimated this year beacause of their back half.

  • Beams or Heppell. Although I feel Beams may average more, his durability really has me second guessing myself.

    Thoughts?

    • Heppel due to the reliability. Beams is a 110 average player but you just know he’ll miss games, and for that reason I’m currently going without him. If he goes down early in a game he’ll bleed cash

  • TEAM NAME: yeah the boys. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,985,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $15,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,785,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,200,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1770, Site Expected Total: 2110
    Def: T.Adams (104.87), R.Laird (98.47), J.Johannisen (94.92), M.Hibberd (72.16), J.Thurlow (47.55), A.McGrath (42.15) (L.Ryan (25.29), M.Hibberd (25.29))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (118.70), A.Treloar (113.47), N.Fyfe (100.32), D.Heppell (92.40), D.Beams (87.51), J.O’Meara (61.37), S.Powell-Pepper (36.42), D.Myers (33.22) (J.Graham (25.29), J.Barrett (25.29))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (102.68), P.Ryder (69.30) (B.Frampton (25.29), L.Pierce (25.29))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (100.49), T.Miller (83.12), I.Heeney (74.52), H.McCluggage (41.48), J.Bowes (39.12), C.McCarthy (35.58) (J.Daicos (25.29), B.Eddy (25.29))

    Generally struggled with making my team as I haven’t been paying attention to the AFL fantasy news. Please give me feedback, any is appreciated!! Cheers

  • Matt Crouch + Ryder with 0k left, or,
    Jaeger O’Meara + Goldstein with 29k left, or,
    Jaeger O’Meara + Martin with 73k left
    Not sure which??

Leave a Reply


To get your own unique avatar for DT Talk comments, please go to www.gravatar.com and sign up with the same email address you have signed up here with.