Connect with us

My Team

My Team 2017: Version 1.0

Post and discuss your team this pre-season. See the top 100 players selected in the Drawing Board.

Chad, the man behind DT Live, has updated the Drawing Board for the 2017 season. Head over to the site and select ‘Drawing Board’ from the drop down menu and you can start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic squads for the upcoming season.

Click here to use the Drawing Board.

Once you have picked your team, you can simply copy and paste your team to put in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

The 100 most popular players selected in the Drawing Board for AFL Fantasy Classic. As at 4 January.

Macrae, JackWBMID/FWD$59600093.8
Barrett, JakeBLMID$15000090.6
Adams, TaylorCOLDEF/MID$62200087.5
Docherty, SamCARDEF$60900081.2
Rockliff, TomBLMID$70400075
McCluggage, HughBLMID/FWD$24600075
Myers, DavidESSMID$19700075
Heppell, DysonESSMID$54800071.9
McGrath, AndrewESSDEF/MID$25000071.9
Heeney, IsaacSYDFWD$44200071.9
Pickett, JarrodCARMID/FWD$15000065.6
Ryan, LukeFREDEF$15000059.4
Mitchell, TomHAWMID$63800059.4
Graham, JackRICMID$15000056.2
O'Meara, JaegerHAWMID$36400053.1
Beams, DayneBLMID$51900050
Hibberd, MitchellNMDEF/MID$15000050
Gawn, MaxMELRUC$64200050
Bowes, JackGCMID/FWD$23200050
Grundy, BrodieCOLRUC$60900043.8
Martin, StefanBLRUC$53800040.6
Hibberd, MichaelMELDEF$42800040.6
Powell-Pepper, SamPAMID$21600040.6
Swallow, DavidGCMID$35500037.5
Laird, RoryADEDEF$58400034.4
Berry, JarrodBLDEF/MID$21800034.4
Fyfe, NatFREMID$59500034.4
McCarthy, CamFREFWD$21100034.4
Dahlhaus, LukeWBMID/FWD$55700034.4
Eddy, BrettPAFWD$15000031.2
Caddy, JoshRICMID/FWD$51700031.2
Pierce, LewisSTKRUC/FWD$15000031.2
Treloar, AdamCOLMID$67300028.1
Thurlow, JacksonGEEDEF$28200028.1
Hampton, CurtlyADEDEF$20400025
Murphy, MarcCARMID$48200025
Balic, HarleyFREMID/FWD$15000025
Freeman, NathanSTKMID$15000021.9
Miller, ToukGCMID/FWD$49300021.9
Otten, AndyADEDEF$15000018.8
Gore, DeanADEMID$15000018.8
Dangerfield, PatrickGEEMID$71200018.8
Lovell, KieranHAWMID/FWD$19500018.8
Frampton, BillyPARUC$15000018.8
Johannisen, JasonWBDEF$56300018.8
Ainsworth, BenGCMID/FWD$24400018.8
Greene, TobyGWSFWD$56000018.8
Hoskin-Elliott, WillCOLFWD$23000015.6
McCarthy, MitchellCOLRUC/FWD$15000015.6
Buzza, WylieGEERUC/FWD$15000015.6
Hodge, LukeHAWDEF$52500015.6
Goldstein, ToddNMRUC$58200015.6
Nankervis, TobyRICRUC/FWD$36500015.6
Steele, JackSTKMID/FWD$43200015.6
Foote, JordanSYDMID$19500015.6
Brodie, WillGCMID$23400015.6
Scharenberg, MatthewCOLDEF$23400012.5
Bennell, HarleyFREMID/FWD$38800012.5
Ahern, PaulNMMID/FWD$15000012.5
Vickers-Willis, EdNMDEF$15000012.5
Weideman, SamMELFWD$15000012.5
King, MitchellMELRUC/FWD$15000012.5
Ryder, PatrickPARUC/FWD$41100012.5
Johnson, AlexSYDDEF$15000012.5
Barlow, MichaelGCMID$58300012.5
Kolodjashnij, KadeGCDEF$43700012.5
Shaw, HeathGWSDEF$61400012.5
Ellis-Yolmen, CameronADEMID/FWD$3620009.4
Knight, RileyADEFWD$2410009.4
Eagles, MatthewBLRUC$1500009.4
Marchbank, CalebCARDEF$2050009.4
McKay, HarryCARFWD$1500009.4
Brown, CallumCOLMID/FWD$1820009.4
Francis, AaronESSDEF/FWD$2300009.4
Draper, SamESSRUC$1500009.4
Strnadica, LukeFRERUC/FWD$1500009.4
Black, AaronGEEFWD$1500009.4
Abbott, RyanGEERUC$1500009.4
Stewart, TomGEEDEF$1720009.4
Wingard, ChadPAFWD$4320009.4
Goddard, HughSTKDEF$1870009.4
Rice, BaileySTKDEF$1500009.4
Hannebery, DanSYDMID$6550009.4
Newman, NicSYDDEF$1500009.4
Mills, CallumSYDDEF$4410009.4
Boyd, TomWBRUC/FWD$3470009.4
Bontempelli, MarcusWBMID$5950009.4
Smith, DevonGWSFWD$4830009.4
Taranto, TimGWSMID/FWD$2480009.4
Jacobs, SamADERUC$5340006.2
Hanley, CianBLDEF$1500006.2
Sheehan, CiaranCARDEF$1500006.2
Elliott, JamieCOLFWD$3300006.2
Pendlebury, ScottCOLMID$6410006.2
Watson, JobeESSMID$4770006.2
Sandilands, AaronFRERUC$4500006.2
Roughead, JarrydHAWFWD$3730006.2
Soldo, IvanRICRUC$1500006.2
Montagna, LeighSTKDEF$5920006.2
Riewoldt, NickSTKFWD$6670006.2

Click here for more information about the Drawing Board.




  1. James S

    January 10, 2017 at 2:04 pm

    This is the team I’m running with at the moment. It may be a bit deep in the Mids but I just like having those names there!

    Thoughts please!!!

    DEF: Laird, Hodge, Hibberd, Thurlow, McGrath, Ryan (Newman, Hibberd)
    MID: Danger, Rocky, Titchell, Barlow, Heppell, Beams, O’Meara, Myers (Barrett, Freeman)
    RUC: Grundy, Martin (Pierce, King)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Smith, Caddy, McCarthy, Lovell, Pickett (Eddy, Strnadica)

    • Joke_R

      January 10, 2017 at 3:30 pm

      It is a bit deep in the mids, but not overly so. Personally I think your backs are a shade weak. You have three premos, but they are not the greatest premos based on last years performances. If if was up to me I’d downgrade JOM to a rookie and use the money to take Hibberd to one of the 100+ averaging guys like Shaw, Docherty or Simpson, but I suppose if you really think JOM will smash it then go for it. I’m assuming Smith in the forward line is Devon Smith, which is an unusual pick. I don’t know enough about him to say whether it’s bad or good, but it’s certainly unique. With Rocky, Barlow, Beams and JOM in that midfield who were all injured at times last year, and Heppell coming back from a year out of the game, personally it’s too risky for me, and you’d want to be sure they are all 100% over their injuries before picking them.

      • James S

        January 10, 2017 at 4:03 pm

        Brilliant review and feedback mate! Thanks.
        It’s Isaac Smith up fwd, not Devon.
        I agree with the analysis of the mids. Think one of those mids – Beams or JOM will be downgraded to upgrade Hibberd back in defence based on watching the NAB


  2. Drummo

    January 10, 2017 at 2:23 pm


    TEAM NAME: dunno. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,871,000 (98.8%), Remaining: $129,000 (1.2%) On Ground: $9,389,000 (85.4%), On Bench: $1,482,000 (13.5%)
    Expected Total: 1695, Site Expected Total: 2048
    Def: K.Simpson (103.02), J.Johannisen (94.92), B.Vince (93.41), J.Thurlow (47.55), A.McGrath (42.15), C.Hampton (34.40) (M.Hibberd (25.29), L.Ryan (25.29))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (107.57), L.Hunter (105.38), N.Fyfe (100.32), D.Heppell (92.40), M.Murphy (81.27), S.Selwood (64.07), D.Myers (33.22), K.Mutch (28.33) (N.Freeman (25.29), J.Graham (25.29))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (102.68), K.Tippett (85.99) (L.Pierce (25.29), B.Frampton (25.29))
    Fwd: L.Dahlhaus (93.91), I.Smith (90.71), I.Heeney (74.52), W.Hoskin-Elliott (38.78), C.McCarthy (35.58), K.Lovell (32.88) (C.Wingard (72.84), H.Balic (25.29))

    • PowerAde

      January 10, 2017 at 5:30 pm

      liking the different things going on, dunno about k.mutch and at work so cannot research, can you give me a heads up?

      only 2 players I have doubts on but could go bang are murph and tippy

      • Drummo

        January 10, 2017 at 9:48 pm

        I was lucky enough to see kobe mutch at the national carnival for NSW and he was a gun against div 2 sides and was named in the allies. He averaged around the 25 mark for disposals, so if he can get a game he’ll probably be in my side.

      • Drummo

        January 10, 2017 at 9:52 pm

        As for Tippy and murph, Tippet has looked like hes found his spot having a run in the ruck and kicking goals down forward, i personally think hes the best ruck at Sydney if he stays fit.

        Marc Murphy is a bit of a risk, if he is able to get back to prior form he’s got a lot to grow, at that price I reckon I’ll take the risk

    • Bombersnumber 1

      January 11, 2017 at 12:11 pm

      Mutch has a groin strain and is on a reduced training load atm and being monitored also not good enough to break into the the bombers best 22 any time in the first half of the year unless they run into some serious injury issues. he will be competing for spots with the likes of Stanton, hocking, howlett, Kelly Laverde and Langford as well as the number one draft pick McGrath. I’m only hearing great things about Mutch’s work ethic and training mentality but I think he will be a next year type scenario

      • Drummo

        January 11, 2017 at 12:52 pm

        oh ok thanks for doing the extra reasearch

  3. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    January 10, 2017 at 2:53 pm

    Is 558k too much money to have in the bank when going into round one?
    And if so, how much money is too much?

    • Kingzy1

      January 10, 2017 at 2:59 pm

      Thats a fair amount of cheddar.
      Really depends on what your team looks like and how many keepers you start with, it can work in your favour.
      Id say you wouldnt want to much more than $200K in the bank tho.

    • Joke_R

      January 10, 2017 at 3:15 pm

      Yes, it is. To put that in perspective, Dyson Heppell is about $540K in RDT, so that’s not just money you’re leaving on your bench, that’s a whole Dyson Heppell you’re leaving out of your initial team. Remember, each player is priced at what they averaged the previous year, or are expected to average, so instead of saying, “We have $11 million to spend on our Round 1 teams,” we can think of it like “We have X points to spend on our Round 1 teams.” I know it is tempting to load up on rookies and make cash early, but leaving money for upgrades like that just seems foolish to me, because you’ll be so far behind right from the start.

    • Euman


      January 11, 2017 at 1:54 pm

      yes if you are trying to win the competition, no if you are just trying to win your league

  4. PowerAde

    January 10, 2017 at 4:37 pm

    Trying something different with rucks, RDT. Advice always welcome

    TEAM NAME: PowerAde. (Real Dream Team 2017)
    Used: $10,689,800 (99.9%), Remaining: $10,200 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,560,500 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,129,300 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1731, Site Expected Total: 2055
    Def: T.Adams (102.93), L.Montagna (98.01), J.Lloyd (86.33), M.Hibberd (71.62), J.Thurlow (46.72), C.Hampton (28.92) (M.Hibberd (22.32), E.Vickers-Willis (22.32))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (117.97), T.Rockliff (116.66), L.Neale (111.14), D.Heppell (91.65), S.Selwood (55.77), J.O’Meara (55.62), J.Bowes (30.23), D.Myers (23.00) (A.McGrath (37.06), S.Powell-Pepper (24.16), N.Freeman (22.32))
    Ruc: S.Martin (89.06), A.Sandilands (49.87) (W.Buzza (22.32))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (98.84), L.Dahlhaus (92.31), I.Smith (89.11), J.Caddy (85.63), H.McCluggage (35.54), C.McCarthy (35.00) (M.McCarthy (21.46), B.Eddy (18.43))

    • The Chosen Won

      January 10, 2017 at 8:00 pm

      Will go with same Ruck combo.

      Adams will be upgrade target for me, Rather spend that money on an under priced mid who should play 22 games and Average more.

      L.Neale with Fyfe coming back “could” hurt is output.

      Solid Team Overall

      Good Luck

  5. Adam

    January 10, 2017 at 5:12 pm

    TEAM NAME: Statsmasters. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,945,000 (99.5%), Remaining: $55,000 (0.5%) On Ground: $9,745,000 (88.6%), On Bench: $1,200,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1763, Site Expected Total: 2098
    Def: T.Adams (104.87), S.Docherty (102.68), R.Murphy (81.94), H.Hartlett (79.92), A.McGrath (42.15), C.Marchbank (34.56) (A.Otten (25.29), L.Ryan (25.29))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (118.70), S.Pendlebury (108.08), N.Fyfe (100.32), D.Beams (87.51), M.Murphy (81.27), D.Swallow (59.85), J.Bowes (39.12), D.Myers (33.22) (J.Barrett (25.29), J.Graham (25.29))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (108.24), T.Nankervis (61.54) (L.Pierce (25.29), P.Hunter (25.29))
    Fwd: L.Dahlhaus (93.91), I.Smith (90.71), I.Heeney (74.52), J.Roughead (62.89), H.McCluggage (41.48), C.McCarthy (35.58) (J.Kennedy-Harris (25.29), S.Weideman (25.29))

  6. troffunit

    January 10, 2017 at 5:13 pm

    Has the ability to pay huge dividends. This year I am of the opinion you can only start with one of danger/rocky otherwise it creates weakness elsewhere. Isaac Smith could go bang this year.

  7. The Chosen Won

    January 10, 2017 at 6:00 pm

    TEAM NAME: Exampleteam#34. (Real Dream Team 2017)
    Used: $10,692,300 (99.9%), Remaining: $7,700 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,582,200 (89.6%), On Bench: $1,110,100 (10.4%)

    Site Expected Total: 2032
    Def: L.Montagna, J.Lloyd, M.Hibberd, A.McGrath, C.Hampton, M.Hibberd (J.Berry, L.Ryan)

    Mid: P.Dangerfield, T.Rockliff, A.Treloar, M.Crouch, D.Heppell, D.Beams, J.O’Meara, W.Brodie (S.Powell-Pepper, D.Myers, J.Barrett)

    Ruc: A.Sandilands, J.Giles (N.Mullenger-McHugh)

    Fwd: J.Macrae, T.Greene, T.Miller, I.Heeney, H.Bennell, J.Roughead (J.Bowes, J.Pickett)

    Good Luck

  8. The Chosen Won

    January 10, 2017 at 6:27 pm

    TEAM NAME: Exampleteam#35 (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,998,000 (100%), Remaining: $2,000 (0%) On Ground: $9,718,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,280,000 (11.6%)
    Site Expected Total: 2104

    Def: J.Johannisen, J.Lloyd, R.Murphy, M.Hibberd, A.McGrath, A.Otten (M.Hibberd, L.Ryan
    Mid: T.Rockliff, A.Treloar, M.Crouch, D.Heppell, D.Beams, S.Menegola, J.O’Meara, D.Myers (J.Pickett, J.Barrett)

    Ruc: S.Martin, B.Longer(I.Soldo, R.Abbott)

    Fwd: J.Macrae, T.Greene, T.Miller, H.Bennell, J.Bowes, J.Simpkin(B.Eddy, M.Lewis)

    Good Luck

    • James S

      January 10, 2017 at 6:52 pm

      Interesting picks with Lloyd, Menegola and Longer – do you know something we don’t?
      As a Crows fan, I’m telling you Otten won’t come into calculations unless 2-3 injuries occur.
      I really hope Bennell has a great NAB, he’ll be a good get. Roughead could come in too if he smashes pre season.
      I think you need to switch your R2 to a more solid choice like a Sandi?
      Menegola down to a rookie who’ll play and upgrade maybe Otten to a Thurlow?

      • The Chosen Won

        January 10, 2017 at 7:09 pm

        Site Expected Total: 2125
        Def: S.Mitchell (95.52), M.Hibberd (87.14), P.Seedsman (79.24), B.Waters (79.04), M.Suckling (58.01), K.Kolodjashnij (46.49) (M.Fuller (28.01), B.Martin (27.73))
        Mid: D.Swan (117.45), G.Ablett (114.61), M.Barlow (104.61), D.Beams (92.03), M.Murphy (85.52), D.Thomas (63.91), L.Anthony (40.79), C.Beams (34.58) (X.Ellis (25.00), J.Polec (25.00))
        Ruc: H.McIntosh (63.60), A.Sandilands (45.11) (B.Longer (35.87), D.Currie (21.25))
        Fwd: P.Dangerfield (98.65), J.Roughead (86.73), L.Franklin (78.69), T.Walker (52.20), M.Clark (39.35), A.Fasolo (38.45) (K.Harper (29.76), N.Bock (25.07))


        Good Luck

        • PowerAde

          January 10, 2017 at 7:43 pm


          I heard swan may be injured? not 100%, may have to track pre season

          • The Chosen Won

            January 10, 2017 at 7:53 pm

            More concerned about B.Waters and N.Bock BTH..

            Good Luck

      • Euman


        January 11, 2017 at 1:57 pm

        Jake Llyod had great finish to last year

  9. The Chosen Won

    January 10, 2017 at 7:14 pm

    TEAM NAME: Example Team#36 (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,991,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $9,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,759,000 (88.7%), On Bench: $1,232,000 (11.2%)
    Expected Total: 2168, Site Expected Total: 2111
    Def: L.Hodge, J.McVeigh, R.Murphy, M.Hibberd, A.McGrath, C.Hampton(M.Hibberd , L.Ryan)

    Mid: T.Rockliff, A.Treloar, M.Crouch, D.Heppell, D.Beams, J.Redden, D.Myers, J.Graham (N.Freeman, J.Barrett)

    Ruc: S.Martin, S.Mumford (B.Frampton, L.Pierce)

    Fwd: J.Macrae, T.Greene, T.Miller, I.Heeney, H.McCluggage, J.Bowes (C.Brown , J.Pickett)

    Good Luck

    • Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

      January 10, 2017 at 9:26 pm

      This thing has been out for 5 days and you’ve made 36 teams, probs more since 7:14pm tonight.
      Do you have a life or is dream team your job?

      • The Chosen Won

        January 10, 2017 at 9:30 pm

        RDT team picker has been open for Gold members for 3/4 weeks now.

        Good Luck

        • Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

          January 10, 2017 at 9:54 pm

          You pay money, and you still finished below me in RDT last year, all I can say is

          Good luck for 2017

          • The Chosen Won

            January 10, 2017 at 10:00 pm


            Fantasy Maybe since they ruined the game have lost interest.

            RDT I smashed you :)

            Good Luck

    • Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

      January 10, 2017 at 10:27 pm

      I wonder if you can write one post without saying good luck

      • The Chosen Won

        January 11, 2017 at 8:11 am


        Good Luck

  10. Charles

    January 10, 2017 at 11:14 pm

    Which Hawk is gonna be tagged by opposition teams? T. Mitchell? I. Smith?
    Or do u think no one will be tagged?

    • Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

      January 11, 2017 at 12:10 am

      Titch if anyone, sometimes may go to Poppy, Rioli or hodge

    • Dad

      January 11, 2017 at 12:33 am

      Probs O’Meara lol

      • Euman


        January 11, 2017 at 10:16 am

        He ain’t playing round one by looks but

    • Roger

      January 11, 2017 at 11:05 am

      Could be later than that if the knee flares up in the VFL on his comeback trail.

    • PowerAde

      January 11, 2017 at 11:08 am

      good bye O’Meara and welcome back swallow

  11. Matt

    January 11, 2017 at 1:04 pm

    Brief little first crack to see how the new cap feels. Currently very generic as it’s a bit too soon to get some big personal wants, and it’s quite dependent on quite a few r1 rooks, but does the job I think.

    Def: Adams, Doc, KK, Hibbo, McGrath, Hibbo 2 (Ryan, Collins)
    Mids: Danger, Rocky, Titch, Hep D, Beams, Myers, Freeman, Graham (Barrett, Pickett)
    Ruck: Gawn, Goldy (Pierce, who cares)
    Fwd: Macrae, Dahl, Caddy, Heeney, Lovell, Balic (Eddy, Weideman)

    KK is mostly out of lack of cash, I could get better players for his price in other positions, but my backline is down to three without him. Rooks are subject to Jeppa.

    • Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

      January 11, 2017 at 1:15 pm

      Planning on starting freeman on the field, you are crazier than most.
      And spending 1.4 million on 2 players is crazy, there are players who are priced 60k cheaper than danger or rocky who can score just as much, if you are gonna start with one, don’t start with the other,
      And if you drop one, then you’d be able to upgrade KK

      • Matt

        January 11, 2017 at 1:45 pm

        As I said rookies are a mile off, reports/performances/availability will decide that when we’re closer.

        I get that, but I quite like the massive top end there, I don’t believe any of the 60k less guys are capable of matching them myself, I see them as a clear top two who will be 10-15 clear of the pack all year, but that’s just me. Historically I’ve always been the “never start with the top price guy” because I never trust anyone to back up, but for whatever reason I’ve got gut feel going for it this time.

        I definitely see the appeal of getting KK upgraded, Don’t think I’ve ever held him 8 weeks in succession to even get him to his bye haha, also considering Heeney to Bennell (if injury news stops looking horrible) or something like that to get the KK cash.

        Thanks for giving some areas to dwell on for the pre-preseason anyway.

        • Kingzy1

          January 11, 2017 at 2:01 pm

          I think its worth backing in the guns. Set and forget no mini upgrades needed. They are that price for a reason.
          Quick swap with Freeman to Barrett and its fine.
          Team looks good mate.
          As long as you can get 3 good rookies on field in the MID it will work, might have to cough up more dough tho to get better JS and scoring

    • PowerAde

      January 11, 2017 at 2:05 pm

      liking it, some good premo’s and rooks and a couple of PODs, thinking you are on a winner here

  12. PowerAde

    January 11, 2017 at 2:02 pm

    Fantasy, controversial ruck combo, advice always welcome

    TEAM NAME: PowerAde. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,997,000 (100%), Remaining: $3,000 (0%) On Ground: $9,781,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,216,000 (11.1%)
    Expected Total: 1769, Site Expected Total: 2085
    Def: T.Adams (104.87), R.Laird (98.47), J.Lloyd (87.84), M.Hibberd (72.16), J.Thurlow (47.55), C.Hampton (34.40) (M.Hibberd (25.29), L.Ryan (25.29))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (120.05), T.Rockliff (118.70), T.Mitchell (107.57), D.Heppell (92.40), S.Selwood (64.07), A.McGrath (42.15), J.Bowes (39.12), N.Freeman (25.29) (J.Barrett (25.29), J.Graham (25.29))
    Ruc: A.Sandilands (75.87), P.Ryder (69.30) (E.Ratugolea (27.99), W.Buzza (25.29))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (100.49), L.Dahlhaus (93.91), I.Smith (90.71), J.Caddy (87.17), H.McCluggage (41.48), C.McCarthy (35.58) (L.Pierce (25.29), J.Kennedy-Harris (25.29))

    • Kingzy1

      January 11, 2017 at 2:24 pm

      Some good POD’s mate.
      Whats the buzz around Thurlow? Is he taking Enrights spot racking up easy +6s?
      I was looking at that ruck combo to, mid priced should make cash and score 85+ you would think assuming Ryders role is solo ruck.

  13. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    January 11, 2017 at 2:31 pm

    Which is the weakest line?
    TEAM NAME: ABC. (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,442,000 (94.9%), Remaining: $558,000 (5.1%) On Ground: $9,242,000 (84%), On Bench: $1,200,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1678, Site Expected Total: 2033
    Def: J.Johannisen (94.92), L.Hodge (88.52), M.Hibberd (72.16), J.Thurlow (47.55), A.McGrath (42.15), A.Johnson (25.29) (M.Hibberd (25.29), L.Ryan (25.29))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (118.70), J.Steven (106.22), N.Fyfe (100.32), M.Bontempelli (100.32), D.Heppell (92.40), S.Petrevski-Seton (40.47), S.Powell-Pepper (36.42), D.Myers (33.22) (J.Barrett (25.29), J.Graham (25.29))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (108.24), A.Sandilands (75.87) (M.McCarthy (25.29), L.Pierce (25.29))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (100.49), J.Caddy (87.17), J.Dunkley (81.94), H.McCluggage (41.48), J.Bowes (39.12), B.Eddy (25.29) (J.Pickett (25.29), J.Daicos (25.29))And where do I spend the remaining Dosh,

    • PowerAde

      January 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm

      could go Johnson to a premo in the backs, I’m liking the other back rooks more.

      could go daicos to premo in fwds, again preffering the other fwd rooks

      mids/rucks look good

  14. PowerAde

    January 11, 2017 at 2:31 pm

    I’m hoping he gets the floating role and yeah, I see value in sani and ryder with the 3rd man up change, hoping to upgrade down the track

  15. Kingzy1

    January 11, 2017 at 2:45 pm

    Would love some feedback on this team:
    Fantasy $11K in the bank site proj 2115
    DEF:Adams, Doc, Laird, Thurlow, McGrath, Newman (Hibberd, Ryan)
    MID:Rocky, Treloar, Hanners, Fyfe, Heppell, Redden, S Selwood, Barrett (Freeman, Graham)
    RUCK: Martin, Sandy (Pierce, Hunter)
    FWD:Macrae, Billings, Heeney, Elliot, Lovell, Daicos (Eddy, Weiderman)

    • PowerAde

      January 11, 2017 at 2:53 pm

      liking the defence, mids and rucks, redden could be a goer this year, is training the house down

      not the fwds I would go for, I am really unsure on billings and Elliot and I reckon both bench rooks will get a gig before daicos will but it is a POD fwd line I suppose and who knows who is gunna go bang

      • Kingzy1

        January 11, 2017 at 3:24 pm

        I think Elliot should be good for an avg of 80. Before injury he has done 78 and 83.88 avg, and from what I hear has been training well. Its a 25 point upside if it pulls off
        Billings has the potential and from what I understand he is having a good preseason which I dont think he has had before. POD for sure, might be worth the risk.
        Daicos is a spot holder, I doubt he will start round 1 Ill have to wait and see I guess.

    • Kingzy1

      January 11, 2017 at 4:18 pm

      Redden and Scott Selwood, or Tithcell and a 150K rookie like Freeman/Graham on the field?

  16. troffunit

    January 11, 2017 at 2:54 pm

    Mids are elite which I believe has weakened the forwards slightly. Having said this if Billings, Heeney & Elliot all go bang you will be in outstanding shape.

  17. troffunit

    January 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm

    Def: T.Adams (104.87), R.Laird (98.47), L.Hodge (88.52), M.Hibberd (72.16), J.Thurlow (47.55), A.McGrath (42.15) (L.Ryan (25.29), M.Hibberd (25.29))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (118.70), S.Pendlebury (108.08), J.Steven (106.22), G.Ablett (103.02), D.Heppell (92.40), J.Barrett (25.29), N.Freeman (25.29), J.Pickett (25.29) (D.Myers (33.22), J.Graham (25.29))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (108.24), S.Jacobs (90.04) (B.Frampton (25.29), L.Pierce (25.29))
    Fwd: J.Macrae (100.49), L.Dahlhaus (93.91), J.Caddy (87.17), J.Elliott (55.64), P.Ahern (25.29), M.King (25.29) (S.Weideman (25.29), H.Balic (25.29))

    Rooks to be monitored – feedback appreciated

  18. PowerAde

    January 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm

    wow, can’t believe I’m looking at Gablett as a POD. Could be the master pick of the season, haven’t seen him in any other teams.

    Everyone tells me Ahern out for season, good to see Jacobs and Hodge getting a gig

    • Adam

      January 29, 2017 at 12:13 pm

      he’ll be pretty much 100% owned when he’s given DPP midseason anyway, so you’re merely ahead of the curve

      • Grovers Guns

        January 29, 2017 at 12:21 pm

        Forwards thin atm for guarenteed top 6 (excluding Voldt and Macrae) but Ablett & Fyfe DPP changes mid year will give locks

        • Adam

          January 29, 2017 at 1:02 pm

          when Fyfe gets DPP, so does Bontempelli/RGray/Dangerfield/Parker

          and then the forwards becomes easy

  19. James

    January 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm

    TEAM NAME: Bandicoot (AFL Fantasy 2017)
    Used: $10,999,000 (100%), Remaining: $1,000 (0%) On Ground: $9,799,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,200,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 2182, Site Expected Total: 2127
    Def: S.Docherty (104), R.Laird (102), J.Johannisen (100), J.Thurlow (76), A.McGrath (75), N.Newman (65) (M.Hibberd (65), L.Ryan (65))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (125), A.Treloar (115), D.Hannebery (112), T.Mitchell (110), G.Ablett (112), N.Fyfe (112), D.Swallow (93), D.Myers (72) (N.Freeman (65), J.Barrett (65))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (110), S.Martin (105) (M.McCarthy (45), W.Buzza (46))
    Fwd: L.Dahlhaus (100), J.Roughead (88), H.McCluggage (72), J.Bowes (72), K.Lovell (70), J.Daicos (65) (J.Pickett (55), B.Eddy (55))

    Stacked the midfield at the expense of the forward line. Would have loved to squeeze T.Adams in but was out of cap space (went for Docherty instead). Might bring in Heppell for one of the midfield premiums to free up a bit extra cash.

    • Drummo

      January 11, 2017 at 5:44 pm

      Do you really trust gaz anymore? I can’t get my head around it after 2 years of getting burnt and the decline as he ages.

      Saying that i could eat my own words if he has a stellar season.

    • PK

      January 11, 2017 at 6:02 pm

      I like every line except the forward line, just think its one decent player short… Maybe downgrading a Gaz or Fyfe, swinging Pickett or another DPP into the midfield and bringing in a dahlhaus/caddy/deledio/greene into that forward line.. However if all those forward rooks kill it in the preseason games could go well.. High risk high reward

  20. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    January 11, 2017 at 8:05 pm

    I do this most pre seasons,
    I want everyone’s top 8 Mids by the end of the season for this year,
    Now you can only have 1 player from each team and Dangerfield and Rockliff can’t be in your Top 8.

    • Dad

      January 11, 2017 at 8:25 pm

      Treloar, JPK, Titchell, Sloane, Neale, Steven, Coniglio & Merrett

    • Racer

      January 11, 2017 at 11:32 pm

      Titch Treloar JPK Hanners Parker Steven Coniglio Merrett

      • Adam

        January 29, 2017 at 12:18 pm

        wow JPK Hanners and Parker all play for different clubs now

        Sydney have really taken a hit over the offseason

    • SB

      January 22, 2017 at 9:54 pm

      Treloar, Titchell, Steven, JPK, Sloane, Coniglio, Hanners and Martin

    • Sam

      January 22, 2017 at 11:48 pm

      Hanners, Fyfe, Lewis, Barlow, Sloane, Pendlebury, Beams , Priddis

  21. Matthew

    January 29, 2017 at 11:45 am

    How do you fins out the expected Expected Total and the Site Expected Total?

    • Adam

      January 29, 2017 at 12:12 pm

      they’re drawing board teams

      you can create a team there, and then you can plug in values that you think they will average
      plus, there’s also an “average selection” because some people will think XYZ will go at 105, and others will think he’ll create DT history and go at 140

      not that it’s really relevant anymore, given that the actual fantasy sites are open for 2017, but it it easier to look at a bunch of players quickly (and consider some options)

  22. Bloke

    January 29, 2017 at 12:09 pm

    Use Drawing Board on dtlive. Link above

Leave a Reply





More in My Team