tbetta's Bullets

tbetta’s Bullets: Round 11

Round 11 was your typical week – tragic injury tales, big Captain scores, and Dr Dreamteam underachieved. It’s only fitting then, that i deliver the standard Makers and Breakers, while I also take a look at the Big Men of the competition, a quick peak into my Crystal Ball, and a squiz at what’s on the menu at tbetta’s Tuckshop!

• Hand Down, Man Down.

Firstly, welcome back to the Bullets for another week. As the NBA-themed title suggests, there were a few key players down this week, which affected a lot of totals. Sylvia and Montagna got hurt, Franklin didn’t even turn up and Chapman, Rockliff, Sandilands and Watson weren’t in calculations.

Roughly 20,000 coaches scored above 2k this week, so a par score was around high 1900s. It was a highly unpredictable weekend, and depending on your Captain choice and how many of the players mentioned above you own, you could have blitzed it or blown it.

• Land of the Giants

With Sandi nursing a sore toe, more than half the coaches nationwide were stressing about what to do with him. Hold, trade – if so, who to? From the outset, it didn’t look like a great position to be in. But was it a blessing in disguise?

This week the big men went huge, with Cox, Goldstein (144) and McEvoy (139) in the top 5 for the week! Not to mention Sandilands’ replacement, Griffin, scoring 115 in his second game of the year, or his DT replacements in Zach Smith and Petrie scoring 107 and 101 respectively.
I personally chose to hang on to the 211, but with Zmith filling the void so well, is it worth relegating him to the bench when Sandi returns, or should I cash him in now? It’s a question I’m sure myself and many other fantasy coaches will be asking ourselves for weeks to come.

• tbetta’s Tuckshop

Have I got some tasty bargains for you this week…

First off is Broughton, who is dirt cheap, even as a defender and despite his 30k price hike this week. But more about him soon.

Corey Enright is another underachieving premium back who has reached bottom bottom dollar. He’s at $313,200 this week, and with a BE of 78, it’s about time to get him in if it’s part of your grand plan. With some solid scores in his last couple, he will have a favourable BE for the next few weeks, so this will be close to as cheap as he gets.

Jimmy Bartel’s price has finally plateaued, and it’s lower than we hoped – a tiny $357,400! Get him in either this week or next week, because with a BE of 89 on the back of some great scores, he won’t be cheaper, I promise you.

Get on Cyril! He is now going at $306,800, which is light years below what he is worth given his early season form. His game on the weekend suggests he’s back at full fitness, and with a BE of 65, he will not be cheaper – buy!

Didak… Do we want him? Do we think he can turn his form around, and become fantasy-relevant again? Watching the game on the weekend, he looked to be moving a lot more freely, and I think he will come good. For those with a serious set of balls, he is going at $271,000 with a BE of 44.

Unfortunately, some of the stock I bought earlier is starting to go off…

I was keen on keeping Daniel Harris as my 7th mid all season given he lack of byes, but McKenzie (102 on the weekend, 73 avg) has overtaken him in that role, so he’s up for sale. He has a BE of 95 this week, and is likely to go down 10k, given the recent scores he’s been serving up. He’s passed his use-by date, it’s time to go.

Duigan is like a long-life milk, or canned beans or something – he’s good to eat now, or you can save him for much later. He’s averaging a handy 68, so he’s great bench cover if you need it – but his BE is 75 this week and he will probably shed a few grand. Given his peaked price and his bye in DT finals, he’s ripe for the picking this week.

• Makers and Breakers

In a week of such varied scores, it was more important that ever that your premiums held up. Hopefully you had a few of the following:

MAKERS

1. Dean Cox 145

2. Gary Ablett 132

3. Steve Johnson 143

4. Greg Broughton 117

5. Andrew Swallow 138

I went to the Eagles-Suns match at Patersons Playground on Saturday, so you could excuse me for being a little bias with my selections this week, but I think I’m pretty much spot-on when I say that Dean Cox won his respective coaches more than a few matchups this week! He started down forward on Hine, dwarfing the first gamer, and proceeded to smash him with 64 first quarter points, and 103 to half time. Needless to say, Hine was substituted out of the game. He was a very popular Captain option, and the 145 points he delivered was due to him doing everything we predicted he would.

I was also treated to one of the greatest players of our era, Gary Ablett Jnr, doing what he does best. His game manufactured 132 points and probably a couple of Brownlow votes. This was despite being subjected to the ‘Selwood Tag’, which consisted of Scott following him around until he was spent, then subbing in Adam until he was run off his legs, then repeated. He looked super-fit and extremely motivated, and I will not be surprised in the least if we see the Ablett we became accustomed to – he was unstoppable.

Stevie J backed up last week’s performance with another huge score, this time 143 points from 2 goals and 27 disposals. What was encouraging was his ability to generate the huge score without kicking a bag, meaning his work rate around the ground is what it needs to be. He is fast becoming a must-have in successful teams, but unfortunately his price tag is huge – I suggest waiting a few rounds until his last two huge scores are out of his rotation if you can’t afford him now.

The Makers list has always rewarded game-winners, and Broughton would have been a great component of any backline this week. Harvey let him off the leash and he wandered into the midfield, racking up a team-high 29 touches. His BE is a tiny 16, and I suggest he will be rewarded with a berth in Tbetta Than You this week given his price and recent return to form.

Rounding out the list is unique midfielder Andrew Swallow, who notched a season-best 138. I’ve always been a huge fan of him as a player, but he has never quite had the consistency to justify picking him in the hotly-contested midfield position. But he’s finally put a few good games together, with scores of 116, 116 and 138 in his last three. Imagine if the Roos started playing well?

BREAKERS

1. Colin Sylvia 21

2. Leigh Montagna 51

3. Patrick Ryder 58

4. Chris Judd 69

5. Brent Guerra 49

Injuries cruelled everyone this week, but the most damaging was Sylvia’s and the 21 that went with it. He has been the pick of the forwards this year, averaging 103 before he went down with a knee issue on Friday night. The forwards were already stretched thin this week, so this was a huge blow for Sylvia owners. But for those who didn’t select him, he price will drop over the next few rounds, so watch closely.

It was only about 2 seconds into the match before Montagna withdrew from a pack proppy on his left leg. He tried (and failed, visibly) to stay out there, but eventually was escorted to the interchange, where St. Kilda was faced with the very real possibility of activating their sub – not even a minute into the fray. After some treatment he returned, but skulked around the pockets, looking tentative in contested situations at best. His 51 hurt, but it could have easily been 0. If he’s in your mids, I suggest you groom a worthy emergency to cover him this week.

Patty Ryder is continuing his harsh fall from DT grace, with his 58 further lowering his season-average to a slither under 73. With Hille and Bellchambers soaking up most of the ruck time he is usually exposed to, he hasn’t had as many opportunities, and hasn’t made the most of the few he has earned as a key forward. If you still have him, trade – his scoring can’t improve with all three big men coexisting in the side.

Chris Judd was Calvin’s hot tip as Captain this week, but he was let down as the dual Brownlow medallist was restricted to only 69 points in the Blues’ demolition of Port in the Sunday twilight game. It was his lowest score of the year in what is yet another scalp for tagger Matt Thomas.

Coaches who go chasing huge scores bewilder me, and here’s why. Guerra set a season-high with 180 last week, but was underwhelming in the Hawks encouraging win over the Dockers, and managed only 49. That’s the largest turn around from any player this year.

• Crystal Ball

It’s been a slow week in DT, with not much to get excited about in Round 11. With all the injuries to some key personnel you have the right to feel slightly pessimistic… Like Roy, who’s been dropping some very emo tweets of late. But cheer up everyone, Port has the bye this week!

There should also be some good news at the selection table, and using my divine powers and foresight, I can see Cam Richardson pushing him claim, Watson and Rockliff getting up and Prestia escaping the vest. As for Sylvia, Franklin Chapman and Montagna… ‘Outlook not so good’.

That’s it for the Bullets this week, as always good luck, and make sure you sub who should be your only Port player in Jacobs.

And make sure you’re back next week for a very special edition of the Bullets….

Contact me on twitter @tbetta9

Oh, and please, wait until Trade Talk Tuesday to post the huge Rate-My-Team type comments – let’s focus on the weekend that’s gone and the issues that face us this week. Cheers.

hazza44

June 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm

do u guys think that matera is at his peak or hes got i little to go?

Skooper

June 6, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Peaked last week

Big Feller

June 6, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Matera to Howe could be on the cards & the trigger doesn’t need to be pulled until next week if Matera is still inhured & Howe gets a 2nd game.

havntyouhird

June 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm

my biggest decision to upgrade backline or forwald line.

Option 1: Trade out duigen and upgrade lower… to sucking, shaw, fisher

or

Option 2. Trade out Matera and upgrade knights….. to sylvia, chapman, johnson?

thoughts? feelings? concerns?

hazza44

June 6, 2011 at 6:56 pm

option 1 becasue knights wont drop much and he will stay consistent but duigun has peaked and i think option would be better!

havntyouhird

June 6, 2011 at 8:15 pm

i might actually trade duigen but upgrade knights. not sure about broughton just yet, cant handle katy perry after previous years and scotland has finals bye.. suckling would be the one maybe…

chris1983

June 6, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Im in a similar situation with Lower and Stanley. Lower is in some very good form though. His scores in the earlier rounds were also sub affected. I’m going to stick with him as long as he keeps playing in the middle. When that changes his price should be high enough for a straight swap for guys like enright. I’m hoping his days starting as the sub are over.

Gerryboy

June 6, 2011 at 7:04 pm

yeah I’m sticking with him now hes getting some MID time

Magpie28

June 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Lower’s scored 291 points (@97 average) his last 3… right up there for a premium let alone a rookie. His BE is -6 or something, so still going to go up heaps in price. So I reckon the Matera / Duigan downgrade / upgrade option is the way to go.

Eagleing

June 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm

To trade in Chapman or Stevie J for Darling??

juddy69

June 6, 2011 at 7:26 pm

is anyone worried about darling getting a week for his high contact on a suns player? (forgot who the plaer was)

juddy69

June 6, 2011 at 7:27 pm

wait dont worry haha just saw the article on afl.com

G-Bangers

June 6, 2011 at 7:29 pm

it got thrown out , no case to answer ;)

Robdog88

June 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm

thoughts on rioli

any info from hawks supporters on what role has been suggested hes gonna play for remainder of year, midfield time or not??

cheers

theotherdrdreamteam

June 6, 2011 at 7:49 pm

alistair has made it clear that he will have to be ‘managed’ – meaning less time embarassing oppositions in the midfield. Potentially this means a fall in his score, but he is now instead embarrasing the opposition in the forward line. Had a great week up front with Franklin away and Roughead having one of his rostered ‘useless’ weeks’ and scored ok. How he’ll go for the rest of the season? No bloody idea!

Robdog88

June 6, 2011 at 7:52 pm

thanks for the insight mate

Magpie28

June 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Put Cyril in the same category as Higgins… extremely susceptible to injury and will miss a bunch of games. He won’t kick 5 goals every game and when he doesn’t, you’d better be prepared for some 60s and 70s.

6. Billz

Billz

June 6, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Had Shiels since the start of the year, hes now upto 400k and trading him upto Boyd or Mundy was part of my plans, but Shiels has been fantastic! Is it worth trading him to a proven gun, or should i leave him?

VB1994

June 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Boyd or Mundy would be a more reliable option (not saying that shiels is unreliable), and Shiels BE is 131 with a 9% chance of getting it, probably would say he has peaked and to save money I would trade up for boyd or mundy.

James2911

June 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm

He’s an inspired left field choice, I’d just run with him till the end of the season, unless he suffers an injury or experiences a form slump (just hope this weeks 71 is a one off).

salza

June 6, 2011 at 8:25 pm

wish i had him:-(

james_10

June 6, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Tappy to Howe
    Duigan to Broughton/Adcock or Matera to Goodes

Magpie28

June 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Upgrade Matera

Brappinalong

June 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm

When picking your initial squad you must pick the “best of the best” and work from there. You midfield is your weak link as I wouldn’t have Swallow,Dal Santo or Stanton- they would have leaked you the most points. Apart from that you prob should have taken a punt on Petrie or Knights and Stevie J is also a big punt that has paid off. At this stage of the game to be a top level team you should by now have approx 18 premiums so your prob 1 or 2 off.

Apart from that a few trades and your looking pretty good i.e Matera to Howe then Darling to Chappy (if fit) and upgrading Duigan to say Broughton- risky but may just pay off massively!! or another back premo

Brappinalong

June 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm

That was a reply to a post that has disappeared lol.

Randomdent

June 6, 2011 at 8:08 pm

why the hell did my post vamoose?

Brappinalong

June 6, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I think it has something to do with at the bottom on the article it says don’t post your team up here- a few others have disappeared aswell

Randomdent

June 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm

seriously…..what happened to my post?

Did I break a rule somewhere?

VB1994

June 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Thinking of trading Swan for Bartel to save a lot of money in the bank, then trading trading up an average player for a gun in a few weeks.

Also this week thinking of trading Adcock for Broughton considering Adcock’s BE is like 171 and broughton’s is 29? Any other players that are on the way up that I can make some money on?

jb

June 6, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Let me guess you traded broughton to adcock when broughton was scoring shit ? Worst trade ever !!!!!

VB1994

June 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

nah i didnt

Billz

June 6, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Mate dont trade adcock, his been awesome! Dont let two poor scores overshadow his year to date. Broughton could be a decent choice if your short on cash to upgrade a lower or stanley ect, but otherwise stand clear of Broughton

Magpie28

June 6, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Waste of two trades. Biggest… waste… ever!

G-Bangers

June 6, 2011 at 8:05 pm

crazy thinking , they’re both sideways trades …

VB1994

June 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm

my aim was to sort of make a bit of money, considering adcock is going down this year. Basically i need some more star power, i have a lot of average (80-90) players… any ideas on maybe trading black, didak, lynch or fyfe and who to get for them?

VB1994

June 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm

going down this week*

james_10

June 6, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I am going to do Tappy to Howe and Matera to Goodes and next week Toy to second gamer eg: Tuohy or Lisle and Duigan to Adcock then team will be finsihed with 5 trades for LTI’s
    It will look like this
    DEF: Gibbs, Scotland, Deledio, Goddard, Rawlings, Adcock, Heppell (Jacobs, Puopolo, Rookie)
    MID: Pendles, Boyd, Swan, Thompson, Bartel, Selwood (Hibberd, Smith, Prestia)
    RUC: Cox, Sandi (Smith, Derickx)
    FWD: Franklin, Sylvia, Johnson, Goodes, ROK, Riewoldt, Knights (Howe, Mzungu, Richardson)

Billz

June 6, 2011 at 8:23 pm

The field looks good mate, i worry about your bench players though, smith, prestia, richo, howe and hibberd still not got great JS

james_10

June 6, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Yeah, got lots of DPP though

albertproudftw

June 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm

didn’t you read the please dont post rate my team comments?

Shane_o_85

June 6, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hey all. Im conflicted in what I should do with Paddy Rider. He has been a huge dissappointment this year, and all signs point to him having further falls in value and scoring. unfortunately for me form is a two sided coin, and I have seen several players whom I have traded out, re-find form and make me look like a goose for dumping them. I could always just chuck Vic into the fray and have Ryder sit on the pine where (hopefully) he starts to rise in value in time for me to trade to Sandi in 3 weeks time. Thoughts? Should I dump him now or ride his form for a few weeks?

Billz

June 6, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Mate the decision might be made for you with selections on Thursday. Will be out of he and Bellchambers, one will be dropped. But if ya want sandi then just play ryder till the times comes that sandi returns and you have the money in the bank to trade upto him.

Shane_o_85

June 6, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Only other decent rucks around are Goldstein, who has a round 19 bye, and maybe Clark from Bris. Also like Jacobs from Crows, but that might be me being a bit one-eyed! Like the fact their bye occours in the multi round.

James2911

June 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I see what you did there. Personally, I’m gonna hold onto him for the foreseeable future, just because of the sheer amount of cash he has lost, and because I gain hardly anything from getting rid of him at such a price point. I’m going to be playing Vardy as my second ruck to Cox, after bringing him in for Vickery last week, and leaving Ryder on the bench. Perhaps you could play Vickery this week (he has a low BE, 42 or something), and think about bringing Petrie (or J Tippett if you already have him in your forwards), to avoid playing Paddy. Hopefully, Hird will see fit to ditch his three tall forwards policy, and give Ryder a good run on the wing or in the ruck. They really needed him against Melbourne, being their main forward target, and he let them down with only two goals and very few possessions. That won’t go unnoticed, I’m sure.

Shane_o_85

June 6, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Thats kinda my thoughts. These guys are guns for a reason. And him being out of form does not help Essendon’s cause. Surely they will try to play him into form, similar to how Freo chucked Broughton and Duff onto the ball. Ryder is at his best at the contest, not as a key forward. Few play this position well. Hence why your Franklins and Reiwoldts are so highly praised. Toughest possie on the ground.

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I’m going to hold Ryder but highly likely to put him to bench and play Cox/Smith.
      Also have Petrie/J.Tippett to DPP cover for ruck if necessary later.
      Reality says Ryder cant get much worse and reckon he will be back in the ruck soon with Hille(Bellchambers to get dropped surely) and punching out some good numbers.
      Will cash in one of my rucks for finals i reckon though.

dools

June 7, 2011 at 3:24 am

I am seriously stumped as to why so many DTers are still screwing round with trades on their rucks and DPP’s for Petrie etc… when it was so poignantly obvious to just have Sandi, Cox and Smith at the start of the year and then your rucks are sorted for the entire season. Out of sight, out of mind. No risk and a no brainer really.

Ingoes

June 7, 2011 at 7:59 am

It was poignantly obvious? Really? Poignantly? Wow.

Fairly confident that Cox-Petrie has been outperforming Cox-Smith. Griffen, Goldstein and Martin all outscored Smith this week.

Zac Smith has been great but pretending that it was obvious that a teenager playing for a new club in a position noted to require years of physical maturation would be good for consistent 80s is farcical. Poignantly farcical.

Blue boys

June 7, 2011 at 9:41 am

@dools
          Mate, you are obviously a gun but i’m sure you wouldn’t have expected what you are getting from Smith. Therefore Sandi’s injury would have hurt you, or you would have traded.
          Fraser was to be number 1 ruck for GC, not to mention all the other ruckmen they have who were supposed to rotate thru until Smith started dominating.
          Cox was obvious, fit and in form.
          Sandi always good but workload and injury will continue to be an issue for him IMO.
          Ryder was the one to benefit from an improved Essendon…….but we know how that went. (get him back in the ruck Hirdy and rest him up fwd for his goals).
          Petrie was the risk reward at start of year, has been really good. If you started him as a forward like most would have, you needed to have J.Tippett or similar as 4th ruck IMO.

Reckon you have been lucky with timing of Sandi’s injury, appears to have come exactly the right time for you between GC and WC byes. This is the luck you hear others talk about being the difference between good finish and average/poor finish.

Big Lance

June 7, 2011 at 8:31 am

Get rid of him for Vardy and use the cash elsewhere, i did it last week and its looking like a great move.

salza

June 6, 2011 at 8:28 pm

why is everyone talking about trading out swan?
    i know his scores have been down, and i stopped putting the C on him a few weeks ago when i read Malty say he was playing with a quad niggle, and i know he’s off to sunny Arizona this week…but am i missing something else?

Billz

June 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Not missing anything i dont think, its just a 1-2 week injury, i dont see the point it trading him out now. Hes dropped so much the opportunity to trade him out when at about 450k and get him when hes bottomed out was about 3-4 weeks ago. If you trade him out now you would only do it for another gun, so im pressuming those shifting him are shifting him for good…

Randomdent

June 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm

while those who have never had him rub our hands together!

Ingoes

June 7, 2011 at 8:01 am

Yeah, except now my mids are done and if I want him I’ll have to sideways to him.

Not doing that is going to take WILL POWER. I don’t have much of that shit – just ask my AA sponsor

Swannies

June 6, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Breaking News: CHRIS JUDD GETS OFF WITHOUT A WARNING AFTER COLLIDING WITH AN UMPIRE AND THE MRP BLAMES ON THE UMPIRE HIMSELF FOR DEVIATING HIS PATH.

Seriously, if he doesn’t win a Brownlow every year until he retires…

Robdog88

June 6, 2011 at 9:06 pm

haahahahahahah

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm

hahaha…..said exactly the same thing to my mrs earlier tonight. (Don’t think she cared though). :-(

feathers

June 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Anyone know how long Silvia and Franklin are out for?

Big Feller

June 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Guys I know this is poor form as Trade Talk Tuesday is on tmrw but what are your thoughts on the following?

These are my trade plans based on assistant coach & assuming people are fit (I have 10 trades left).

Rd 13 – Matera to Howe – free up cash
    Rd14 – Darling to Sylvia – finish off fwd line
    Rd 15 – Foley to Montagna – finish off mids

My team will then be:
    Backs – Gibbs, Suckling, Goddard, Lids, Enright, Heppell (Puopolo, Duigan, Buckley, Stanley)
    Mids – Pendles, Swan, Jelwood, Boyd, Montagna, Murphy (Jacobs, Smith, Prestia)
    Rucs – 211, Cox (Smith, Campbell)
    Fwds – Buddy, Fyfe, Petrie, Chappy, Goodes, Sylvia, Knights (Howe, Gu, Kraks)

I’ll downgrade Zac Smith to Tippett after 211’s bye and that should leave me with $$ and 6 trades to go.

Shane_o_85

June 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Looks pretty good. How bout Mitchell over Monty? Hawthorn are a better team IMO, and although Mitch does get tagged out of some games. He will score more in the long run. Saints midfield still struggling without Hayes. Hawthorns is on fire.

Big Lance

June 7, 2011 at 8:40 am

Thats piss poor mate, pull your head in and wait for the appropriate articles.
      ;)

harrync

June 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Trying to complete my team…

Matera >- Howe

Darling >- Chapman or another fwd… got franklin, Syliva and Goodes

What do people think?

Alex's All Stars

June 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Bewick has got to make the breakers surely???

Okay, I didn’t play him, but he makes upgrading/downgrading him a real headache…

Trutwang 99

June 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I have a tough trading decision this week:

Option 1:
    Lower – Andreoli (80k def, mid)
    Harris – Ablett

Option 2:
    Lynch (GC) – Callinan
    Harris – Dal Santo

Option 3:
    Knights – Callinan
    Harris – Ablett

Option 4:
    Harris – Callinan
    Stanley – Broughton +90k

Please give me your thoughts!!

Nishy

June 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Callinan may not play at all this season, what’s your bench cover? Stanley to Broughton is a good option if you haven’t too many players from Freo/Adelaide/Melbourne

brisbane_rule

June 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm

option 3 is the only 1 which doesn’t involve some sort of really stupid thing like trading out lynch or getting in an 80k person who i’ve never heard of

Trutwang 99

June 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm

1. how is trading out lynch stupid? he has peaked…
        2. how can u not have heard of callinan, he surely was in ur team before pre season before he got injured, otherwise ur an idiot

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Think he was talking about Andreoli!!!
          Will depend on where you have the best bench cover to be able to take one from…..

leetrevor81

June 7, 2011 at 1:12 am

Lower has been starting rover last 3 weeks and averaged 97… Something to consider before trading him

deeman24

June 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm

dunno bout howe’s js for those thinking of getting him. bare in mind the dees have bate and petterd who play the same mid sized forward role….

deeman24

June 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm

oh and lynden dunn

Robdog88

June 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Big question this week:

Didak VS. Rioli ?

spinx

June 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm

What about LeCras?

I know he played some crap teams….but he racked up a couple of 120s in 2 weeks….

Magpie28

June 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Chuck Higgins in there too… also about to fall below 300K which isn’t bad for someone who scores well when he’s not injured (ala Rioli and Didak)

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Is it a wise choice to trade in an injury prone player (Higgins) at this time of the year!!??
        Thought that was what we did at the start of the year!!!!
        Over 5 years he has played, has only played 7 out of possibly 20 games last 4 rounds of a season!!!

Magpie28

June 7, 2011 at 8:47 am

That’s just a statistic and you know how the saying goes… He was a must-have four weeks ago, that’s all I’m saying. He’s capable of big numbers when fit, as are Didak and Rioli. I think there’ll be plenty of coaches considering Higgins at the price. If you don’t like him, don’t pick him. Good luck either way :)

Blue boys

June 7, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’m hearing you Magpie cause i don’t have him and really haven’t considered trading him in, cause he was already injured when it was time to start upgrading.
            And the main reason (as i said initially), IMO he is the type of player you get from the start or not at all. The reason i say this is AFL seasons are long and tough on players bodies……..so fatigue injuries like Higgins has will always occur later in the year (IMO).
            PS: He could always prove me wrong, which is why DT is so much fun. Good luck either way mate. :-)

spinx

June 6, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Is it really stupid to trade in someone I traded out?

Of course I am talking about broughton.

Robdog88

June 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm

i did it with selwood, although mine was an absolute rookie error that i should be ashamed for (after all he only missed one week)

atleast with broughton u had a reason to trade him out but now u have a reason to bring him back in and i say why not?

spinx

June 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Yeah you’re right…. I just feel like a massive idiot doing it….

I will get better at this game eventually.

Ingoes

June 7, 2011 at 8:06 am

Firstly – I kept him throughout – nah hah.

Sorry. Now that you have ditched him, he becomes any other great value player I reckon. The fact that he was once in your side has no bearing at all on whether bringing him in now is a good idea.

In other words, if someone who never had him is doing the right thing by getting him in, then so are you.

The problem, of course, is that it makes it unavoidably (poignantly?) obvious that you f**ked up when you sold him. But I think you’ve already come to terms with that.

Get him.

Cal

June 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I’m definately getting on the gablett train this week, he did look good against the eagles. Is it worth getting in broughton when lower is doing a good enough job at the moment for a 7th defender? I’m thinking when the dockers get a few more of their players back will he go back to the scores he was putting out at the start of the season?

Backline atm is Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Birchall, Heppel and Lower (stanley, toy, otten)

hinchdawg

June 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Add Scott Thompson to that breakers!! Traded him in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spinx

June 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm

So did I damn it…. he plays heaps better in adelaide, so should be better this week.

hinchdawg

June 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Very true, fingers crossed

hinchdawg

June 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Curnow injuried??? DT is saying shoulder and will be back round 13, is this right???

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Don’t trust DT “bandaids”. Seemed to get thru game ok and with big last quarter, looked fine and heard nothing since.

hinchdawg

June 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Cheers mate

benno

June 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Opinions needed gents… How important is a 10th backmen? I thinking of downgrading ottens to an $80k player… I already heve great coverage in my backs, plus have the dpp link to kids. The extra coin allows me to upgrade matera. I am thinking to ROK. He will be slightly unique in my league games. Plus this will leave me with an emergency in my fwds… As this week I couldnt cover buddy… An won’t be able to this week either, unless I make a move; so question is… How important is 10th back? An is ROK a good choice ( goin for league an Sylvia is a common choice Amoungst everyone)

benno

June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm

** mids… Not kids :-) fukn iPhone keypad!

Ramrod

June 6, 2011 at 11:42 pm

I would think having a full forward line is more important than a full bench in your backline. You may not need that last backman, but you’ll definitely need some cover in the forwards.

Big Lance

June 7, 2011 at 8:46 am

hahaha loves the dp link to kids

Proven Power

June 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Get this i had 5!!! of those duds… Franklin, Goodes, Watson, Sylvia and montagna (not to mention adcock) and somehow pulled out 2113!!! quality when my team is full i’m gonna see some 2300’s

Blue boys

June 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Goodes duds with 109…….you have high standard!!! Or typos……. ;-)

Pavlich29

June 7, 2011 at 12:28 am

Hey guys what do you think about these trades

This Week

Liberatore > I.Smith

Darling > Franklin

Round 13

Matera > Howe

Harris > Bartel

My team will then look like this:

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Lower, Puopolo (Duigan, B.Smith, Jacobs)
    MID: Pendles, Boyd, Swan, Redden, Jelwood, Bartel (D.Swallow, I.Smith, Wallis)
    RUC: Cox, Sandi (Smith, Derricx)
    FWD: Fyfe, Sylvia, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Franklin, Chappy, Knights (Mzungu, Prestia, Howe)

with 7 trades left for LTI’s

or instead of upgrading Harris > Bartel should I fix up my backline first, I just want to get Bartel now before his price rises…..

james_10

June 7, 2011 at 9:01 am

Your forward line has 6 out during multi-bye round.

Lukes Legends

June 7, 2011 at 9:04 am

Franklin won’t play IMO

dools

June 7, 2011 at 3:31 am

I think I seriously missed something. Who the hell is Howe???

RedNBlackAttack

June 7, 2011 at 7:22 am

Tassie boy for Melb

james_10

June 7, 2011 at 9:02 am

I find it hilarious how everyone was hating Bartel last week and now everyone wants to jump back on him

Serenity Now

June 7, 2011 at 9:15 am

What do Dees fans think of Daniel Nicholson? He hasn’t set the DT world on fire in his two games but Gerard Healy gave him big wraps on On the Couch last night leaving me to think he might have good JS. Did OK in his 2nd game considering he came on as sub for Sylvia, is a DPP back/mid and unbeknownst to most when he was young he dreamt of being a Matador.

buckaroon

June 7, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hey guys,

Need help with my team this week, with trades please.
    I have 13 trades left and 428800 cash left in the bank :)

My team is as follows

-Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Suckling, Lower, Heppel ( Puopolo, Duigan and Jacobs)

-Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Murphy, Selwood, Curnow (Hibberd, Iles, Irons)

– Cox, Smith ( Sandi and Moran)

– Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, N.Rewoldt, Darling, Knights, Mzungu (Matera,Lynch and Richardson)

Alright, so the main problem is with the forward line as Sylvia and Franklin could be out.

My options are — Curnow > Ablett/Thompson

Then, I was thinking of Richardson > Pavlich

If I do those two trades I won’t have much money left, I will only have about 90 k left which means I won’t be able to do another good upgrade e.g darling > stevie j

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I will probably hope to go for league wins aswell.

Thanks