My Team

My Team 2022: Round 15

Discuss your two trades – and whatever else you want – right here.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For plenty of great stats, check out:

Fantasy points for and against – Season

STK1548.92.90.41496.12.40.6
SYD1478.22.70.51463.82.40.6
WB1585.24.91.61483.62.30.5
WCE1414.81.80.21629.63.51.5

1. Jag67

June 19, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Thank god those damn byes are over.

2. BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Best forward target for butters? Currently have English, Dunkley, Brodie, Cogs, Cameron

• John1

June 19, 2022 at 7:23 pm

himmelberg an option, otherwise gresham seems to be in form

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Can trade Khamis and Butters for Hberg and Parnell, good option. Slightly worried about Phil Davis coming back in soon though

• John1

June 19, 2022 at 8:12 pm

If haynes didnt stop himmelberg playing back there I dont see what davis will do. He seems to be just playing as the loose across half back like a lot of teams do. I dont see why theyd swap it around now when its worked 3 games in a row now

• Justin Stitchup

June 19, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Treloar or maybe Libba

• Minister for Manila

June 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Bont

• BrodieA

June 20, 2022 at 2:00 am

I was also thinking J.Anderson, nice run of games coming up

• Death Adders22

June 20, 2022 at 11:30 am

C Guthrie comes into my Team for Butters

3. John1

June 19, 2022 at 7:19 pm

preuss suspended now fuck me just got him in, English an easy swap for him, need witherden to play this week now and my team is back on track
    If no witherden ill get parnell and cop an extra on-field rookie for a week with mccomb still onfield in the forward line

4. John1

June 19, 2022 at 7:22 pm

My team was meant to be done now at the end of the byes ffs, now preuss suspended if his injury doesnt keep him out means my new recruit has got to go, along with witherden if he doesnt get recalled
    Got Preuss-English and witherden to parnell meaning ive gotta field 2 rookies for another week(cant afford to go witherden up to anyone)
    If witherden is back ill probably go clark down to someone

• Death Adders22

June 20, 2022 at 11:37 am

I still don’t understand why people would bring Preuss into there team. If not out this week he never is a consistant player. OK by bringing him in gives you much more money for another Premium player. But if a player isn’t playing consistently. At this time of year its not a smart move I don’t think.

• PowerAde

June 20, 2022 at 12:10 pm

well, he was very cheaply priced start at season and had gained quite a bit of cash putting up good numbers. i agree he was never going to be r2 by end of season, likely being chopped around byes. his injury and suspension have made the decision a bit easier. so many rucks have missed games that a lot likely didnt have the luxury to move on earlier. He done his job well increasing cloase to $300k

• The Chosen Won™®©

June 20, 2022 at 12:17 pm

You forgot to wave as you went past :)

Good Luck in 2023

• Angus

June 20, 2022 at 8:47 pm

English look to be out for a week or two with concussion following Preuss’s tackle. Damn that tackle, that’s two rucks out in one play. >:(

5. Bill

June 19, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Preuss is getting closer to the ‘Never trade in again!’ list.

6. Tim

June 19, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Best option under 730k?

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Jackson, Hberg, Salem?

7. Okay

June 19, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Do you guys think it’s still okay to have to have two rookies on field (daicos and soligo or Clark but probably Clark is going up to laird next week)

• pendles4brownlow

June 20, 2022 at 12:25 am

You’re not supposed to after the byes, but I still have one after all the other fixes I have had to make. I think there are many in the same boat.

• pendles4brownlow

June 20, 2022 at 12:31 am

This would not have been the case if Butters could play. I now get to celebrate the departure of Butters from my team. He was definitely a bad decision. Having a rook on-field (also Soligo or Clark) is a small price for seeing the last of Soft-as. He now officially joins my never again list.

8. L

June 19, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Carrol to Ambrosio – 178k
    Petracca to anyone.. thinking laird or brayShaw or go Dawson and save 100k

As I have , Duncan, Witts, wines and merret who need to go eventually

9. Bill

June 19, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Look at that big lug, Preuss, just sitting there, considering: “well, I’ve injured myself, but at least I smashed English so I wouldn’t be playing next week anyway…”

10. On the climb

June 19, 2022 at 9:13 pm

Going:
    Gawn to English
    Butters to Gresham
    Looking good?

11. Matty

June 19, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Brayshaw, Laird or McRea?

12. Justin Stitchup

June 19, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Cogs, Treloar or Libba?

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Cogs, daylight, treloar then libba

13. Paul

June 19, 2022 at 10:16 pm

What’s more important, offload Soligo/Hough as they need to play onfield again or upgrade J Kelly to Brayshaw. Only have 88k in the bank after De Koning to D Cameron (Ruck).

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Rookies off field first, but who can you get to with their cash?

14. Russell Pindick

June 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Best POD, Tex or Toby?

• Ye

June 20, 2022 at 10:57 am

none of the above

15. Jason

June 19, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Preuss to Jackson ?
    Not as many great ruck options now and not convinced paying up to ROB/Witts/Nank.

The Butters to Gresham or is it Butters to Bont ?

• John1

June 20, 2022 at 12:53 am

Jackson is the play if you cant afford english I think. Hes got at least a month or so by himself, I dont expect some cameron like scores but he should do better at least with more time around the ball

16. Slippy Lippy

June 19, 2022 at 11:20 pm

I have both Butters and Preuss? Any ideas 🥴

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 11:45 pm

Ruck Jackson and Himmelberg forward or whoever is better?

17. Cedric

June 20, 2022 at 2:18 am

Def: Stewart, Hewett, Sicily, Houston, Rich, Zorko (Naicos, Wehr)

Mid: Oliver, Neale, Macrae, Guthrie, Titch, Petracca, Whitfield, Merrett (Soligo, Stephens)

Ruc: Cameron, Witts (Hayes)

For: Treloar, Cogs, Brodie, Hill, Himmelberg, Hobbs (Windhager, Jeffrey)

Utl: Owens

Bank: 52k

Interim trades:
    Naicos to Parnell
    Hobbs to English

A bit reluctant as Naicos and Hobbs have more cash to make. Any legends out there have other suggestions?

Thanks on advance!!!

• Straight Shooter

June 20, 2022 at 11:50 am

I think zorko’s injured

• brian Smith

June 20, 2022 at 3:07 pm

If Hayes (POR I assume) isn’t selected, he has to go. Down to a red dot most likely (eg Moyle, Comben). If Zorko is not playing then him to Crisp / Doch.

• Toby

June 20, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Hayes had a decent game in the SANFL with the most hit outs and the 2nd most marks. Without Lycett or Teakle, I would say Hayes walks straight back into the senior side.

English is now out for 1 week so Hayes will get a crack on my field this week. Hoping for anything over 70

• J

June 21, 2022 at 1:55 pm

anything over 50 wouldn’t be terrible

18. Mark

June 20, 2022 at 8:08 am

Brayshaw or Laird?
    Taranto or Treloar?

• Hugh

June 20, 2022 at 8:40 am

Brayshaw over Laird
      Currently, Treloar over Taranto – would want to see what position Spike plays him

• Death Adders22

June 20, 2022 at 1:17 pm

Spike was the Essendon McViegh mate

• Double Parked

June 20, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Essendon McVeigh = Giants Coach

• jjbkeeper

June 20, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Even with Laird playing Roos this week?

• pendles4brownlow

June 20, 2022 at 11:29 am

Brayshaw has a higher ceiling, but Laird has the best run of all the premos. Like on the weekend, you can expect regular 120+ scores from Laird, but not much in the way of 130+, like Bray is capable of. I have both, and they are both great options.

If Taranto is fit, I would go with him, but there is also the question of how he will fit into the team with the new coach. Treloar has less question marks, so at present, he is the better option. Taranto is certainly cheap, especially compared to what we know he can do, but it may be worth a week to see how he goes.

19. Hugh

June 20, 2022 at 8:39 am

DEF: Hewett, Docherty, Dawson, Sicily, Whitfield, Rich (SFK, Wehr)
    MID: Neale, Oliver, Kelly, Macrae, Miller, Cripps, Hately, Hobbs (Soligo, Windhager)
    RUC: English, Preuss (Teakle)
    FWD: Dunkley, Coniglio, Butters, Brodie, Coleman, Martin (Durdin, McComb)
    UTL: Owens
    Cash: 205k

I think it’s Preuss and Butters gone this week. Don’t have quite enough to get up to who I really want. Any suggestions, or would it be worth taking an additional rookie on field to downgrade and then get the upgrade of Butters that I want next week?

• Andy

June 20, 2022 at 8:48 am

Given all the carnage, your latter play is the one I need to make too. Keep a rookie onfield to allow for a downgrade to get the cash next week. It’s so frustrating but hand has been forced! Preussy is going to a premo fwd for me but I can’t upgrade elsewhere to a premo, so it’s a downgrade for second trade

• John1

June 20, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Might have to be english and preuss out this week for you, rough. I dont know if there are 2 ruckmen worth getting in to hold for the rest of the year. Maybe some value mid prices to save yourself for one of gawn/Grundy/english when they return

20. BT12

June 20, 2022 at 9:48 am

Who to trade for Preuss? Looking to maybe downgrade

• brian Smith

June 21, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Hayes – if playing

21. FantasyBoi

June 20, 2022 at 10:01 am

Def: Short, Daicos, D’Ambrosio, Cox, Hibberd, Wehr, (Nyuon, Durdin)
    Mid: Brayshaw, Amon, Whitfield, Hately, Bruhn, Soligo, Cogs, Owens, (Burgoyne, Angwin)
    Ruck: English, Preuss (Teakle)
    Fwd: Rayner, Dunkley, Cameron, Himmelberg, Treloar, Clark, (Schofield, Hollands)
    Utl: W.Kelly

Jackson for Preuss and Cameron for Gresham?
    Or
    Rayner for Rowe and Preuss for O’Brien?
    Any suggestions?

• Hi

June 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm

crtl+ D to delete team :)

• FantasyBoi

June 20, 2022 at 5:31 pm

Thanks ;)

22. AD

June 20, 2022 at 10:45 am

I might have to trial Jackson.. Can then upgrade Clarke to Mills or Brayshaw though.

23. Luke

June 20, 2022 at 10:51 am

Laird or Brayshaw for Kelly, I just want Kelly gone, don’t nothing good for me these past two games

• Straight Shooter

June 20, 2022 at 11:54 am

Team must be pretty good if Kelly is your biggest worry

24. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

June 20, 2022 at 1:07 pm

currently have 6 injured players in my team and thoughts on who should go first and maybe for who
    – Budarick
    – Sam Durdin
    – Zorko
    – Mitch Owens
    – Preuss
    – Teakle

As well as players i need to rid of soon or not
    – Nic Martin
    – Will Brodie
    – SDK
    – Bailey Smith
    – Gibcus

Yeah and every bye round i was trading out injured players, its stuffed

• brian Smith

June 20, 2022 at 3:14 pm

Depends if they are on the bench or on field. For example Teakle will be R3, costs you nothing, leave him there, but Preuss is R2 so has to be fixed. Don’t know your cash or team, but order of trade-in would be English, Cameron, Jackson. Then Smith has to go!!! Guthrie prob best for him. Or Amon if you want to take some cash forward.

25. Ethan

June 20, 2022 at 1:38 pm

Should I trade Petracca to Macrae/Laird/Brayshaw/Oliver, or Jake Lloyd to Jordan Dawson?

• BrodieA

June 20, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Lloyd out first

26. jjbkeeper

June 20, 2022 at 2:50 pm

R14 Score – 1,636
    Total Points – 28,089
    Avg. Byes – 1,725

R14 Rank – 22,149
    Overall Rank – 8,079

R14 Team (after loopholes)
    T. Stewart – P. Parnell – S. Docherty (C) – D. Houston – G. Hewett – J. Wehr (J. Sicily – N. Daicos)
    M. Duncan – J. Soligo – P. Cripps – B. Crouch – J. Macrae – R. Angwin – J. Crisp – T. Mitchell (M. Owens – C. Oliver)
    J. Witts – D. Cameron (M. Gawn)
    L. Parker – J. Jeffrey – J. Mead – S. Coniglio – S. De Koning – J. Dunkley (M. Windhager – W. Brodie)
    (L. Neale)

R14 Trades
    D. Zorko > S. Docherty
    S.Hayes > R. Angwin
    S. Pendlebury > M. Duncan

$122K in bank

Current R15 plan:
    Gawn > C. Graham (Or other cheap ruck)
    Owens > Laird/Mills/Brayshaw

First fall in rank since round 8, and fallen out of the top 8K. Still happy with my progress, and only a week or two away from having all premo/premo-likes in the team.

27. Tim

June 20, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Needing some advice on who to trade in with Butter injury.

Was thinking getting rid of Dixon, but open to suggestions, and who to bring in?

Is Taranto back this week?

Current team:

C. Mills, J. Macrae ,C. Petracca ,M. Bontempelli, T. Mitchell, P. Cripps, L. Neale, G. Clark
    INT: J. Clark, S. Butler

J. Dunkley, S. Congilio, W. Brodie, H. Himmelberg, Z. BUTTERS, N. Martin
    INT: H. Dixon, H. Ralphsmith

Utility: J. Carrol

28. John1

June 20, 2022 at 4:46 pm

English out now for maybe 2 weeks with concussion. Rucks can’t catch a break this year. Jackson most traded in this week?

• BrodieA

June 20, 2022 at 4:48 pm

If its a 2 weeker, is that a trade out? Considering the other spotfires in my team

• John1

June 20, 2022 at 4:51 pm

I think so, too much to hold 890k for 2 weeks. If we find out just a definite 1 weeker maybe try hold if you have a bench ruckman, but still consider the trade. Not much in the way of top tier premo ruckmen left, ROB or witts the only 2 options, maybe Cameron too, or Jackson a potential value pick

• BrodieA

June 20, 2022 at 4:56 pm

I have Witts and Cameron ruck combo, English FWD and had to hold SDK through the byes as forward cover? Don’t like the look of ROB this year and Jackson is a gamble

What a crazy year

29. Toby

June 20, 2022 at 5:13 pm

It looks like my starting rucks are going to be L.Jackson and S.Hayes (hopefully gets named). This could end badly lol

• BestowedMisery

June 20, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Yep, it certainly will end in tears…

30. brian Smith

June 20, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Now that English is out, Cameron up to R1. Then my first trade is C:Durdin to Visentini who walks into R2 for the round (if named). And either Preuss or Zorko gets upgraded. Means I have to keep 2 rookies on field – V’ini and Soligo. And no chance to fix Kelly or Keays.

31. Justin Stitchup

June 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Any love for Jack Redden?

• brian Smith

June 20, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Yes, as a stepping stone only. But depends a lot who comes in beside him – Kelly at least, so on balance – probably not.

• John1

June 20, 2022 at 9:42 pm

He should be good for a safe 90-105 every week from now on but dont expect much more than that. He wont get tagged but will just play his role every week. Hes not a top 15 mid so id pass.
      Id look at a brayshaw or parker first as guys at a similar price. Even whitfield if you dont have him is probably a better buy in the midfield, Taranto is back soon also

32. Angus

June 20, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Best player to get in, have plenty of money to get anyone, thinking Macrae instead of Oliver so I can upgrade Hobbs next week?

• Angus

June 20, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Already got Neale, Brayshaw, Mills and Laird

33. John1

June 20, 2022 at 9:57 pm

Thinking of possible trades for a witherden if hes not named this week, who would you go first out of: Doch/sinclair/crisp/stewart/brayshaw/whitfield?
    Whitfield seems the most value, stewart is cheap for what he can be but high BE. Doch sinclair and crisp seem pretty fairly priced

• pendles4brownlow

June 20, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Whitfield is value, but Doc is the best. Personally, I would say Doc or Crisp.

• Rotm

June 21, 2022 at 2:04 am

Dark times when you’re considering bringing in Caleb Graham this week.

• pendles4brownlow

June 21, 2022 at 7:16 am

Don’t do it

• brian Smith

June 21, 2022 at 7:13 pm

As I have no R3 currently (English, Cameron, Preuss) I need to get one this week or next at the latest. Given GC’s Def issues, at least Graham has great JS, and with a b/e of only 11, will also generate some cash.

• John1

June 21, 2022 at 8:22 am

Yeah I was pretty set on crisp for his consistency, Stewart is tempting at his price but yeah better off with the safer play. Cheers

• Dulcify

June 21, 2022 at 9:11 am

Gday John, Stewart does have a reasonable run home. Still has a game against Norf, his last two games are against Gold Coast and then home to Wet Toast.

• meme

June 21, 2022 at 11:40 am

Martin to cogs or serong to brayshaw

also how do we feel about obrien as a r2 option

• Dulcify

June 21, 2022 at 11:51 am

Probably Serong to Brayshaw. O’Brien as ruck 2 sounds okay, although I am at my Witts end in regards to the rucks.😂

• Gavin Davies

June 22, 2022 at 3:56 am

He had 32 touches and 16 marks on the weekend. Fingers crossed he does get picked

34. Jaiden

June 21, 2022 at 2:26 pm

Bit stuck fellas. Got butters and most likely De Goey going out, English with no cover in the ruck lol so any advice would be appreciated.

De goey/butters > Jackson and $768k or less ( Whitfield perhaps)

De goey / butters > Jamieson, Graham 😬 and any play I want

Cheers in advance!

• The Kid

June 21, 2022 at 3:14 pm

I would go for the first option, Jackson and Whitfield sounds good to me. Not many good rucks atm and Jackson most traded in.

35. The Kid

June 21, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Alright first trade locked in Preuss to Jackson. I have 3 other options and I am not sure which one to choose:

1. Reef (bench) to Parnell
    2. Hobbs to Treolar (gets rid of my last rookie)
    3. Merret to Oliver/Mills

Would love to some help, thanks.

• Jaiden

June 21, 2022 at 5:41 pm

36. Minister for Manila

June 21, 2022 at 3:34 pm

Which 1 to Trade Out?
    Butters or DeGoey?

• Jaiden

June 21, 2022 at 5:42 pm

Butters

37. Bill

June 21, 2022 at 7:59 pm

English to Witts, Hayes to Luke Jackson.

All being well, Jackson goes to the forwards next week and I’ll risk playing Preuss again in ruck.
    And with Dunkley also back to the forwards, I’ll be able to get rid my last two rookie forwards.

Preuss will be traded back to English when he’s right to return.

What could possibly go wrong? (I lose other players to injury in the meantime?)

38. brian Smith

June 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

At this stage I want English in my team, but I don’t particularly want Zorko, Serong or Preuss. So rather than waste a trade getting rid of English and then trading him back in two weeks time, I plan to trade one of the three that I don’t want anyway.
    If Zorko plays, Preuss goes out, but if Zorko doesn’t play, then he’s gone first. Sound reasonable?

• Bill

June 21, 2022 at 11:19 pm

Better be careful about English. He’s worth too much to keep on the bench, and with previous concussion problems we don’t really know how long he will be out for. Two weeks at this stage, though could be four, or longer… who knows?

• Pendles4Brownlow

June 21, 2022 at 11:20 pm

As long as you can cover English, there’s no problem. Like others, I have Teakle on the bench who is worth three eights of SFA, and bench cover in Fwds will mean a big points hit for two weeks, so he has to go. But then again, I don’t have Preuss, who should go first. Zorko went last week for me, but I have Butters, or should I say, had Butters until now.

39. Looper23

June 21, 2022 at 8:59 pm

So hard with Rucks, Gawn on radio this morning said his boot comes off today and if all is well could only be gone for this round. I’d say at least 2 more, Looks like English is definitely gone for 2 need to trade out at least 1 which one do u go? I’m probably going to go Gawn but I’ll kick myself if he returns next week. Either way it’s 2 trades I guess doesn’t really matter in Fantasy but does in the other forms of the game.

40. Jay

June 21, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Each week new carnage and then bad trades, need some help with this week trades, only have 42k in bank

Crisp/ short/ bray/ sic/ daic/ wehr (SDK/ skinner)
    Oliver/ laird/ macrae/ jelly/ touk/ petracca/ zerrett/ Martin (soligo/ owens)
    English/ jamieson (teakle)
    Dunks/ bont/ cong/ Brodie/ degoey/ Hobbs (mccomb/ Durdin)
    Peatling

• Pendles4Brownlow

June 21, 2022 at 11:11 pm

English and Teakle out – English must be traded. Either go with Jackson and get some cash, or with ROB. Is ROB reliable? I think not, so Jackson and cash is better.

De Goey out for season – bring in Treloar or Parker.

• Bill

June 21, 2022 at 11:22 pm

De Goey out for season? Source??

• pendles4brownlow

June 22, 2022 at 12:38 am

Sorry – I read that wrong – I was busy at work and mis-read the email I got from Collingwood. Not out. But probably should be.

• Bill

June 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Seems that a player can blame ADHD for anything.

• John1

June 22, 2022 at 2:15 am

hes not out for the season, I think there is a decent chance hes out for a game anyway because of his bali stuff, if he is then hes still worth considering trading out anyway because his scores have been shit, but yeah not before longer term injuries