My Team

My Team 2022: Round 11

Discuss your trades here.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For plenty of great stats, check out:

Fantasy points for and against – Season

STK15622.90.314762.30.4
SYD1514.92.90.61457.62.20.7
WB1576.15.41.61464.92.20.4
WCE1399.71.70.216453.81.5

1. Jack Stone

May 22, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Thinking downgrade Connor MacDonald to Soligo or even Cleary, and then Nic Martin to someone around 900k….Bailey Smith good shout as he gains FWD status.

2. Flagmantle

May 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Are the new dpps this week or next week?

May 22, 2022 at 8:48 pm

Next week – before rounds 6, 12 and 18

3. JungleMuffin

May 22, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Was nice knowing you pals. Throw me some of them ghost chips on your way past!

• JungleMuffin

May 22, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Ghost chips for my ghost shup! :(

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

4. jim jam

May 22, 2022 at 9:17 pm

will bont gain foward status?

cant decide dawson or bont

5. pendles4brownlow

May 22, 2022 at 9:19 pm

My legends this week – Brodie, Cogs, Bazlenka, Short, Cameron and OLIVER (you #$%’n beauty – as VC). We won’t talk about where Oliver was on the Captain list.

Numbnut of the week – Rowell (why didn’t I put Clark on field)

Some other players were meh, but we can’t have everything.

2229 (after Bray lost a couple of points in adjustment) – very happy

Next week: Thinking maybe Mead > Jeffrey and Martin > Parker

Rowell will at least play in round 12, but he won’t be on field until then. I am still hoping to get a miracle non-round-12-bye Def to be selected to replace Stein (I already have Cleary and want someone better than Khamis), or round 12 DPP announcements to give one of my other players Def status so I can switch someone in to trade.

May 22, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Still have 11 round 12 bye players after this move, with Stein and Ward the only red dots, but I hope for Ward to return before his bye to help me along. Stein has to go next week, probably along with Preuss or Butters (to English) and Green, which will leave me eight round 12 bye players for round 12.

• Straight Shooter

May 23, 2022 at 2:03 am

Wait a week or 2 on English been out for 5 weeks an was really sick apparently lost 8-10kg

May 23, 2022 at 9:49 am

Wow, that’s a lot of weight loss. I need to go on that diet. Thanks. Maybe Preuss gets a reprieve and I look at going to Butters to Crisp via DPP.

• Death Adders22

May 23, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Don’t Trade Butters out. He is just coming good. When the good Players play bad they will start playing good again. They are good Players for a reason. Thank god Whitfield missed last week as I nearly Traded out Butters but he is now staying in my team

• Mighty Puds

May 23, 2022 at 2:22 pm

As long as Preuss is back this week no need to consider trading yet, he is doing fine. A post bye luxury upgrade if anything. Same for Butters really, though he could go on his bye next week.

• Petez

May 23, 2022 at 11:56 pm

Personally I’d wait mate.
          BE is 90.
          See how he looks.
          Bit of a worry coming off the flu and injury

6. Top 93427 coach

May 22, 2022 at 9:25 pm

thinking of getting rid of nick Daicos and Martin and getting in crisp and Coleman (who is surprisingly not relying on goals to get to his scores), both have the round 12 byes and get 2 fairly high breakeven worrying rookies off my field

• Top 93427 coach

May 22, 2022 at 9:27 pm

round 14 bye*

• John1

May 22, 2022 at 11:07 pm

I dont fully trust coleman, hes not better than daicos or martin for scoring, but should at least gain you a little bit of cash at least if you plan on ditching him at his bye. Personally id prefer to hold daicos than take a punt on coleman right now, with the same plan of ditching at the bye. Depends on your cash situation obviously but if you can trade someone else on the bench who isnt making you cash id rather do that

7. Troy

May 22, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Who is the best underpriced premo out of:
    Mitchell, Merrett, Bont

or should I choose a value pick:
    Sinclair, Newcombe, Cameron

May 22, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Seriously considering Titch, but is it a once off? Is he really back or is this a false dawn? If it’s real, a BE of 109 is chicken feed against the Suns and Pies. Plays the Suns twice in the remainder of the season, and both the West and North witches hats are still to come. Round 14 bye. If it’s real, he will be going up in price quite sharply. IF IT’S REAL.

Zerrett is going to drop in value a bit further yet. Bont’s value will start to go up again, but is he going to be a top 8 mid or a stepping stone?

Why don’t you have Cameron yet? He will make some dosh, so can’t knock it too much. Sinclair is not too bad an option; he will go up a bit in value and sits just outside the top 6 Def, but you could probably get him for not much more later on. Newcombe has a low BE, but his scores are so up and down, he is just as likely to miss that BE as reach it.

I would go Titch – worth the risk given he is currently at $795k which is dirt cheap for him. Cameron, then Sinclair, are the next best options

I have almost talked myself into going Titch. Almost.

• John1

May 22, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Remember with bont there is a good chance he gets mid/fwd next week, and hes easily a top 6 fwd

May 23, 2022 at 9:42 am

True, but it depends on the line you want to improve. I have prioritised improving Mids first, so I have Cripps as M7. Bont would easily be top 6 Fwd, his BE is 93, but his two high recent scores were against the Pies and Suns, who are not difficult. Sure, he has the Western Witches Hats this week, but a lot of teams have a lot of Bulldogs players, and now have to consider if they would become too round 13 bye heavy. Plus, if Titch actually does get going, he is a much better prospect than Bont, and he has a round 14 bye. It’s a big IF, but the question mark over Bont is as big. I will look at getting him once he has been given Fwd status.

8. Cameron

May 22, 2022 at 9:53 pm

DEF: Dawson, Zorko, short, hewett, Sicily, daicos (o Driscoll, mccartin)
    MID: macrae, Bailey smith, Neale, cripps, pretracca, Tom green, Hobbs, Clark (ward, Owens)
    RUC: Gawn pruess (Dixon)
    FWD: Dunkley, Cameron, coniglio, Brodie, Dylan Moore, Martin (winder, Kelly)
    Util: Cleary

Trade this week was bowey to pretracca and rozzee to Darcy Cameron. 50k left in the bank. Trades next week are down grade 2 rookies and send Tom green up

Following week, daicos to Sinclair, and rookie shuffle to get English back and Hobbs off the field. Will leave 1 rookie in Clark on the field post bye rounds

9. John

May 22, 2022 at 10:25 pm

best midfielders in the comp rn and will bont get mid/fwd?

10. Bill

May 22, 2022 at 10:54 pm

The round started well for me, then slowed and finally faded into eventual disappointment.

The biggest piss off was my bringing in of Dusty and Zac Bailey as cheap options for Steele and Rachele.
    A dismal failure.

I’ll persist with Dusty, but for Bailey I can feel a rage trade coming on, where I immediately dispatch him back to Vulture Street, Brisbane!

11. John1

May 22, 2022 at 11:04 pm

I can go rowell for parker/bont/wines OR I can go martin to macrae.
    Rowell needs to go obviously, but I was planning on ditching martin before the byes anyway. Idk if macrae is enough better than the others I mentioned to justify keeping rowell for another week or 2

12. OP

May 23, 2022 at 12:56 am

Who goes first between Martin or Butters, Need to trade as im trying to fix up bye round structure

May 23, 2022 at 9:29 am

Pretty sure Martin has maxxed out. Butters has likely bottomed out. Neither are likely keepers. I have gone Martin out this week, and plan for Butters to go next week.

• Andy

May 23, 2022 at 9:42 am

Think it’s Martin out for me too. Need to start fixing my forward line but no obvious stand outs. Not overly keen but I’m guessing Parker needs to come in to my team/will be a top 6 fwd this year

May 23, 2022 at 12:27 pm

Agree that there are no real standouts. Parker, Taranto etc have all been up and down. Dunks is the only one you can trust, but even he had that 62, but you probably already have him. English once he’s back, but he will go into my ruck – but I will give him a week to show he is back. Parker is close to trustworthy, and he is one of the options I am looking at getting in. Crisp might end up with priority due to his round 14 bye, and my team is starting to load up on round 13 bye players.

13. Russell Pindick

May 23, 2022 at 6:22 am

Priority Trade Out?
    Daicos, Cerra, Martin?

May 23, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Cerra and Martin both have round 12 bye. Cerra is probably going to lose the most value this week, so probably Cerra

• Russell Pindick

May 23, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Thanks mate. Cerra out allows me a decent upgrade too

14. Angus

May 23, 2022 at 8:07 am

Trade in Wines or the Bont?

• Angus

May 23, 2022 at 8:08 am

Or Titch?

15. Ollie

May 23, 2022 at 8:28 am

Whitfield to Mills

Or

Daicos to Dawson/Titch

May 23, 2022 at 9:28 am

Daicos has served us well, and there is little hope of him increasing further in value, but if you still have him, you may want to consider your bye structure first. If you have plenty of cover for round 12, I would trade out Daicos. If Whitfield is back this weekend, it may be worth the risk in keeping him. The change in coach certainly helped Cogs, or so it seems. But Whitfield to Mills is enticing.

• Mike

May 23, 2022 at 9:52 am

Coach hasn’t helped Cogs. Players out and playing the Eagles helped.
        He’s fools gold..

May 23, 2022 at 11:06 am

I don’t recommend bringing Cogs in. I already had him, so I say it is too early to dump him with the chance that he could lift (he did play more midfield), and given that there are other issues to address. I have already got rid of Whitfield because if I didn’t I was getting a donut. For anyone who managed to hold him without copping a donut, it may be worth holding him in case things turn around with the new coach.

16. Fred

May 23, 2022 at 10:29 am

Jayden Short vs Sam Docherty

Who would you guys choose?

• SushiBaguette

May 23, 2022 at 10:47 am

Short for me personally

17. SushiBaguette

May 23, 2022 at 10:49 am

Way too early trade for me;
    Heeney and N.Martin -> D. Cameron & Coleman (166k Bank after trade)

Heeney has been absolutely killing me lately and I haven’t been able to get Cameron in but now I finally pull the trigger, not having him has hurt big time

18. fod

May 23, 2022 at 11:10 am

Best mid to get here on out (considering price as well)
    Titch, Brayshaw, Oliver, Neale?

May 23, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Titch is the best value, but it’s a massive risk. Is he really back? I have the other three already. Personally, I have loved having Brayshaw, and I have had him most of the season. Oliver 2nd (had him a couple of weeks), but he may just be taking off. Neale is great, but he is Brisbane’s best, so is susceptible to a tag.

• fod

May 24, 2022 at 8:40 am

Cheers, I think it’s going to be a toss up between brayshaw and oliver then. Not sold on titch’s midfield time yet.

19. Jacob

May 23, 2022 at 11:57 am

I have $570k remaining with 2 trades
    Any thoughts of getting rid of zorko for someone or McCartin

May 23, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Is Zorko injured? That would be the only reason to get rid of him.

• Jacob

May 23, 2022 at 2:58 pm

No he just isnt worth the money

20. jjbkeeper

May 23, 2022 at 12:18 pm

R10 Score – 2,127
    Total Points – 20,651

R10 Rank – 12,211
    Overall Rank – 11,215

R10 Team (after loopholes)
    T. Stewart – J. Sicily – S. Pendlebury – D. Houston – L. Cleary – S. De Koning (L. Whitfield – J. Smith)
    L. Neale (C) – J. Crisp – P. Cripps – N. Daicos – B. Crouch – J. Macrae – G. Hewett – D.Zorko (R. McComb – G. Clark)
    M. Gawn – J. Witts (S. Hayes)
    J. Dunkley – L. Parker – W. Brodie – D. Cameron – N. Martin – C. Durdin (H. Dixon – M. Windhager)
    (J. Mead)

R10 Trades
    J. Steele > B. Crouch
    T. Taranto > D. Cameron

$301k in bank

Current R11 plan:
    L. Whitfield > B. Keys
    N. Daicos > T. Mitchell

Current Bye Structure (if trades above completed)
    12 – 9 (1 red dot)
    13 – 11
    14 – 10 (1 red dot)

Up 490 spots in overall rank. Any improvements I am happy with. Also pretty happy with the bye structure. I might regret getting rid of Taranto this week, but left my second trade to late. Given he has R12 bye, I think it is worth the gamble.

21. Crush3rs

May 23, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Score: 2327
    Overall Rank: 163
    + 3: Houston, Oliver (C), Parish, Brodie and Serong on debut
    – 3: Rozee and Cripps

Team:
    J. Crisp, J. Short, J. Dawson, D. Houston, J. Sicily, N. Daicos (S. Skinner, S. De Koning)
    C. Oliver, L. Neale, T. Miller, J. McRae, D. Parish, P. Cripps, C. Serong, G. Clark (C. Stephens, B. Houghy)
    M. Gawn, J. Witts (S. Hayes)
    J. Dunkley, A. Treloar, W. Brodie, Z. Butter, C. Rozee, C. Durdin (M. Windhanger, J. Hayes)
    (R. McComb)

R10 Trades:
    Hayes > Cleary (via DPP)
    Still haven’t settled on a 2nd trade.

Great week overall, huge with Oliver captain last minute change. Parish punt starting to pay off. Houston been an awesome pick from R1. Might be time for Rozee to go – thinking of bringing in one of my pies boys, either Cameron or Lipinski.

22. Tom

May 23, 2022 at 2:06 pm

Who to trade in out of Crisp, Parker, & Brayshaw? Feel like i should have all 3, but is there any other good trade targets?

23. Will

May 23, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Def: Docherty, Short, Dawson, Hewett, Daicos, SDK (Skinner, Sinn)
    Mid: Neale, Dunkley, Smith, Petracca, Macrae, Brodie, Clark, Rioli (Hollands, Ward)
    Ruck: Gawn, Preuss (Hayes)
    Fwd: Taranto, Parker, Treloar, Butters, Martin, Cameron (Williams, Dixon)
    Util: Mead
    2156 last week
    40k, obvs Taranto probably has to go with round 12 bye as well not sure how long he’s out for, any trade ideas?

24. James

May 23, 2022 at 5:27 pm

Def – crisp, short, sic, Hewitt, daicos, Cleary
    ( whit, de koning)

Mid – mills, miller, Neale, mccrea, Cripps, Rowell, Hobbs, clarke
    ( Hough, Carroll )

Rucks – Gawn, pruess
    ( Hayes)

FWDS- trella, Dunkley, Conigs, Martin, Cameron, xerri
    ( durdin, Rioli)

Ult – Dixon

Bank – 173K

Stuck on next trades, don’t play byes

• SushiBaguette

May 23, 2022 at 6:02 pm

Rowell has to go, then I reckon either Martin or Daicos, both won’t make more cash I don’t reckon, I would say downgrade with the Martin or Daicos trade to a cleary type then get a high end premo mid then slide a rook to the bench

• James

May 23, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Already have Cleary, thinking xerri to stephens, Jeffery or wehr and Rowell to Oliver

25. Brodie

May 23, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Mitchell or Serong? Struggling to find a decent Round 14 bye player whether it be in 700s or a bench option. Will be getting rid of N.Martin and Stein.

26. Zane Dorko

May 23, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Bont or Parish?

• The Choozler

May 23, 2022 at 8:17 pm

Bontdawg

27. Ollie

May 23, 2022 at 7:53 pm

How safe is it to assume that Bailey Smith gets forward status?

28. Stimpy

May 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Ok need to run this by whoever can give me some advice :)

DEF Crisp, Doch, Short, Sicily, Zorko, Brayshaw ( Gibcus*,MCCartin)

MIDS Oliver, Smith, Neale, Miller, Macrae,Cripps,Hobbs,Clark (Carroll,Hough)

RUCKS Gawn,Pruess (Dixon)

FWDS Treloar,Brodie, Coniglio,Cameron,Martin,Coleman ( Durin,DeKoning)

UTL Mead

Thinking Gibcus – Cleary ..Hobbs – Berry Moving Martin to mids to trade next week to premo
    Thoughts please Cheers in advance

• brian Smith

May 23, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Check the b/e to see which of Hobbs or Martin to trade first. Careful with Cleary – a number of WBD coming back this week, so he might not play. If he doesn’t, maybe Mead can go.

29. brian Smith

May 23, 2022 at 9:03 pm

My plan has Rozee & N.Martin both gone by next week.
    Which one goes first – Rozee or Martin?
    If I do both this week, I can upgrade one and one sideways. For example Petracca + Sam Berry (on field). Even if Berry misfires, he’ll earn me more cash than Martin will. Or I go one up to Trac, and an almost maxed rookie like McComb/Carroll down to Soligo (bench). I’ll lose cash holding the other, but I’ll gain more with Soligo than whoever I trade out.
    Rozee + Martin to Petracca + Berry, or
    Rozee + Martin to Titch/Serong + Swallow (for example), or
    Rozee + McComb to Petracca + Soligo?
    Thanks!!

30. Hoppy

May 23, 2022 at 9:47 pm

BIG NEWS, IF YOU DIDN’T KNOW BRAYSHAW OUT 3-4 WEEKS!

• Hoppy

May 23, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Lol jk

31. cormac

May 23, 2022 at 10:04 pm

thoughts on Jeffrey

• Petez

May 24, 2022 at 12:25 am

He will be hit and miss mate.
      Hopefully more hits if you buy him

32. Petez

May 24, 2022 at 12:17 am

Here We go.
    I’ve setup the team to go well over round 12 & 13.
    Then il use my 3 trades each round to rally more troops and strenghten my rooks going forward and for the round 14 during the byes.

And I’m banking on Holland’s debuting for gold Coast this week. If not il Go another rookie.
    The Team looks as follows

Currently ranked 36th

DEF
    Crisp – Dawson – Docherty – Sicily – Hewett – Zorko
    (De kon, skinner)
    MID
    Oliver – Petracca – A.Brayshaw – Neale – Miller – Macrae – Cripps – R.Mcomb
    (Stephens, mead)

RUCK
    Witts – Pruess
    (C.Jamieson)

FWD
    Dunkley – Parker – Cogs – Duncan – Brodie – Cameron
    (Windhager, holland***,baldwin)

Il be cutting mead, windhager next week.
    Just haven’t had the trade to do so far.
    I’ve been upgrading every week.

Unfortunately I went against how I play fantasy this week.
    I needed to get durdin off the field and get Cameron before he takes off. So axed a rook early. But with 3 trades coming up over 3 weeks.
    Il get this rook situation sorted

• Petez

May 24, 2022 at 12:28 am

I took a big risk putting durdin on the field and trading out NMartin 2 weeks ago. It paid off. But im not willing to roll that dice a 3rd time haha

• The Octopus

May 24, 2022 at 9:59 am

Clearly the best team advertised on the site.

• Petez

May 24, 2022 at 11:11 am

Thanks mate.
        I gotta fix my rook situation over bye rounds. Otherwise I’m building nicely

• Dulcify

May 24, 2022 at 1:39 pm

Petez , your team is flying, well done. You said you have 2 teams, are they registered on separate emails?

• Petez

May 24, 2022 at 3:18 pm

It’s actually me and my dads account

I nearly keep forgetting each week to complete trades lol.

I had 2 years away from fantasy.
            He battles to go well in fantasy.
            So when he heard I was returning to play. He asked me to help.
            So I offered to run his team.
            Try get bragging rights at work lol
            Hes super happy with 232 atm lol.

I went with P.O.Ds from the start in Sinclair, lipinski and a few others.
            It’s much better setup. But is spotting my main a start. I traded titch into it this week

• Dulcify

May 24, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Excellent stuff Petez. It’s just that CD have disqualified players before for having more than one team.
              Best of luck for the remainder of the season.🤞

• Petez

May 24, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Cheers mate.
                Yer im aware of that.
                I only own the 1 team.
                I just direct the old man what to do lol

33. Fred

May 24, 2022 at 10:17 am

Cleary or Wehr?

34. Andy

May 24, 2022 at 11:19 am

Even if Whit gets up this week (any news on him?!), thinking of trading to Doch and next week trading Martin up to Bont.

• simmons07

May 24, 2022 at 1:24 pm

if u can get enough money go martin to smith with the mid/for hopeully next week

35. simmons07

May 24, 2022 at 12:08 pm

looking to trade out keays, any good options have already got brayshaw, smith, neale, oliver, petracca and cripps. I have got 950k not enough for mills but looking at options like laird or crisp maybe touk while he is a bit cheaper mayeb even serong to save cash? any dieas

36. Pleb

May 24, 2022 at 2:38 pm

I need some help!

This week I can upgrade Mead to one of the following: Parker, Treloar, Titch
    Next week N. Martin becomes one of the other two?

Which one is more important to bring in this week? Which one then comes in next week? All fit bye structures fine.

Currently leaning towards Parker this week because he will go up again before next, then get another weeks look at Titch before making the call on him? Or do I just go Titch now?

May 24, 2022 at 5:19 pm

I’d go Parker and watch Titch as well – if I was able to do that. Other pressing matters (Stein) stand in my way. Needed to DPP Rioli Fwd to bring in Crisp, so next week, I can trade Stein to any position, depending on rookie availability. Unless a good rook Def comes in this week.

37. simmons07

May 24, 2022 at 3:43 pm

treloar for sure playing eagles this week will get a lot of it and his be is pretty good plus eagles are the easiest team to score against as richmond not so much

May 24, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Depends if it is a one week cash grab over the bye or not. If it is a long term bye, with the view that he is top 6, then maybe not. He could end up top 6, but it is a bumpy ride with Treloar. Very good against the lower sides, but ordinary just as often this year.

38. AD

May 24, 2022 at 4:00 pm

Need a defender this week to get rookie off field. Should I grab Doch or Dawson+30k.. assuming Doch averages more for the rest of the year?

39. Fred

May 24, 2022 at 5:13 pm

How’s everyone’s bye structure looking per round at the moment?

• Fres

May 24, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Mine is 7, 12, 11 at the moment. Is that bad?

• John1

May 25, 2022 at 2:54 pm

its not bad, but youd be wanting to swap probably 3 r13 bye players for 3 r12 bye players after r12

40. Bobby Bouchet

May 24, 2022 at 5:20 pm

189k in the bank. Any trade tips / team advice.

DEF: Short, Hewett, Crisp, Sicily, Houston, Daicos
    MID: Neale, Petracca, Miller, Macrae, Cripps, L-Parker, Butters, Clarke
    RUC: Gawn, Preuss
    FWD: Dunks, Brodie, Heeney, Cameron, Rozee, Martin

• Brodie

May 24, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Upgrade either Daicos/Martin/Rozee (depending on bye structure) and downgrade a fat or non playing rook?