My Team

My Team 2022: Round 12 (BYES1)

Discuss your moves for the first bye round.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For plenty of great stats, check out:

Fantasy points for and against – Season

STK1580.130.51471.62.40.5
SYD1498.72.80.51453.12.10.6
WB1588.65.31.71462.72.20.5
WCE1403.51.70.31651.33.81.6

1. Mike

May 29, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Best rookies to get this week?

• Bill

May 29, 2022 at 8:01 pm

Cheap one’s that preferably don’t have the bye, though it could depend upon your structure.

I think it’s okay to bring in a non-playing rookie if it will serve you better in the long run.

In at least one of these three weeks, everyone will be short of players.

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Not everyone. But it depends on casualties. ATM I think I will get through the byes without a donut (touch wood). Not bringing in any rooks this week. Bringing in English and Parker (who will remain in my team), and doing a bit of sideways action in defense to bring a mid-pricer who will be a temporary bye round option who will preferably have a round 14 bye, not lose value and score in the 70s – still to choose between Howe, Noble, Ziebell and Corr (also considering Guthrie and Duryea but they have the round 13 bye) – likely Noble due to 70 average, BE of 53 and Hawks next. Will definitely have 19 players on the park in round 12, potentially 21 if the selectors are kind.

• Bill

May 29, 2022 at 11:38 pm

English and Parker both have byes the following week.
          Are you on a self-destruction mission, Pendles?

Judging by you bringing in Zorko, you probably are.

2. Kano

May 29, 2022 at 7:41 pm

why am i only allowed 2 emergencies? fantasy wont let me select 4

• The Fcuknuts

May 29, 2022 at 7:56 pm

I’ve still got green dots..

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 10:53 pm

If you have less than 8 round 12 bye players, so you can have an emergency next week, with all eligible players playing and can still field teams in rounds 13 and 14, I bow down to you.

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 12:20 am

Get in touch with the technical team. There is a glitch in the system. I put up with it for 2 weeks, they fixed it after 2 complaints.

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 12:23 am

Seriously just email them, they fix it within a couple of hours, if it fails again, reply again and they fix it.

• Kano

June 3, 2022 at 7:56 am

Where do I email them?

3. Dan

May 29, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Im genuinely stuck…

Def: Short Brayshaw Sinclair Sic Hewett Perryman (Sdk, skinner)
    Mid: Crae Neale Jelly Cripps Wines Newc Hobbs Clark (soligo, ward)
    Ruck: Gawn, Pruess (jamieson)
    Fwd: Dunks Cogs Brodie Martin De Goey Parker (rosas, windhager)
    Pretty much nothing in the bank but not sure where to go?

• The positive one.

May 29, 2022 at 8:07 pm

Yeah man. You got nowhere to go. Give it away.
      Delete your account and try out NFL fantasy or that SockaRRR shiterus.
      Good luck with it.

• Mitchito Burrito

May 29, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Ironic name there. Can u go Preuss>English. Downgrade Windhager or someone to basement priced cow for extra funds

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Are you kidding? You have 3 trades. Short, Perryman and Skinner are not playing in round 12; pick 1 to trade. Jelly, Cripps, Wines and Hobbs are not playing in round 12; pick 1 to trade. Preuss is not playing; trade him, unless you are prepared to take Jamieson’s 30ish. If you have no money, you probably have to do 2 downgrades and an upgrade. Make sure the upgrade is to English in the ruck. Think of who you are going to bring in to make sure you are not too round 13 or 14 heavy. Next week, you could swing English into the Fwds and bring Preuss back if you like him too much.

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 12:26 am

I’m going O’Brien for Preuss rather than English for after round 13.

• Rolly

May 30, 2022 at 4:00 am

If you make one trade and save it, the second and third trade boxes will then appear

4. Jmak

May 29, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Ward to rookie and preuss to English or O brien or Darcy Cameron.. Pruess has to go, was overlooked this week despite being fit

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 12:28 am

O’Brien, from a lifelong North member.

5. Alex

May 29, 2022 at 8:13 pm

Kinda stuck this week
    Def: Short, Sic, Sinclair, Lloyd, Daicos, Rioli (DeKon, Skinner)
    Mid: Oliver, Neale, Trac, Miller, Mac, Lyons, Anderson, Clark (McComb, Carroll)
    Ruck: Gawn, Witts (Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunks, Brodie, Cogs, DC, Butters, Martin (Dixon, Durds)
    Util: Owens
    Bank: 23k

• brian Smith

May 30, 2022 at 1:24 am

Hayes, Durdin, Carroll all R12 byes, none of them are keepers and all worth $350-400. Trade two down to any playing rookies with low b/e (Soligo and Jeffrey have great cash gen). Then use that cash to upgrade – eg Rioli to Stewart/Dawson.

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 1:52 am

Agree with you, have traded out Durdin and Hayes. Getting involved here from Eastern Europe. Ex-pat.

6. Tim

May 29, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Any ideas?

DEF: Crisp, Doc, Zorko, Sic, Hewett, Daicos (SDK & McCartin)
    MID: Mills, Neale, Touk, Kelly, Keays, Cripps, Clark, McComb (Soligo & Stephens)
    RUC: Gawn & Preuss (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, Brodie, Cogs, Cameron, Butters (Durdin & Mead)
    UTL: Skinner

Cheers

• Tim

May 29, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Bank $150k ^

• James

May 29, 2022 at 10:50 pm

Blicavs

7. James

May 29, 2022 at 8:34 pm

Just wondering what ruckman I should get in and whether or not I get rid of Mitch Duncan.

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Get rid of Dunc prior to round 13. Get English this week

8. BrodieA

May 29, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Should i be trading out Durdin, Carroll, Butters? or be getting rid of permanent red dots in Skinner and Stein while I can, along with one other of the previously mentioned guys.

Durdin and Carroll wont make much more cash, but more likely to be playing rounds 13 & 14.

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 10:58 pm

I wish I could use the bye rounds to get rid of Stein, but I don’t seem to be able. I got rid of Durdin long ago, but if you can get rid of him, you should.

Butters actually has an achievable BE so won’t be bleeding your cash anymore. If Carroll plays, he may be a good option during the byes, but don’t depend on him (more to be your 19th, 20th man).

• BrodieA

May 29, 2022 at 11:39 pm

Good shout, didnt know whether i should be hyper focused on getting a premo in or to have 22 playing each week during the byes

• Bill

May 30, 2022 at 12:01 am

There’s not much point in aiming for a full team, if some of your team score little better than a donut.

• BrodieA

May 30, 2022 at 12:19 am

I cant really get to any decent premium using my trades unless I get rid of Butters, so at this stage I am just trying to find new cash generators. My upgrades will be better before rounds 13 and 14

• brian Smith

May 30, 2022 at 8:43 pm

My first options gave me 22 green dots, so I’ve taken the option to dump Naicos before he loses more cash. I’ll only have 21, still plenty, and better for R14. So not essential to have 22 green dots.

9. Hopps

May 29, 2022 at 9:55 pm

My trades:

Preuss – English
    Martin (of the Nic variety) – titch
    Carroll – Hollands

Got 21 on field this week with those

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 11:13 pm

Hallelujah and praise to to the coaching gods for Hollands to be selected. I don’t believe in gods (coaching, old, new or any other kind), so I think we are stuffed. Picking players who you think may be future selections is fraught with danger. Hollands is probably going to have a similar career as Fool’s Gould, the way things are going. Unlike Fool’s Gould, he is with the Suns, so no doubt Dew will trade him to another club, where he will be a star and we can glory in his Fantasy riches next year. Maybe bring him in if you have you on-field players all sorted and you won’t rely on your bench.

10. Tony

May 29, 2022 at 10:02 pm

English or Mitchell this week, byes don’t matter

• Ken

May 29, 2022 at 10:37 pm

It’s English over Mitchell – more value in his position

• pendles4brownlow

May 29, 2022 at 11:14 pm

And more certainty

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 1:54 am

Agree I love English, had him from round 1, traded him on injury, but will wait for round 14 to get him, albeit for a slight premium. Mitchell I had and traded, he is a pig, but will wait for after the bye’s to go back for a 2nd bite.

11. Ken

May 29, 2022 at 10:36 pm

DEF: Rich, Sicily, Zorko, Dawson, Hewett, Daicos (SDK & McCartin)
    MID: Neale, Miller, Oliver, Macrae, Smith, Cripps, Clark, McComb (Soligo & Hobbs)
    RUC: Gawn & Preuss (Hayes)
    FWD: Dunkley, Brodie, Coniglio, Butters, Martin, Coleman (Durdin & Mead)
    UTL: Windhager
    Cash: 224k
    Kinda stuck after the Preuss to English trade. Any ideas?

• Anthony11

May 29, 2022 at 11:36 pm

Daicos -> Hately
      Mead -> Long

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 1:56 am

Keep Daicos until his bye, he wasn’t as bad as his score. Patience is a virtue. He really wasn’t that bad.

12. james

May 29, 2022 at 10:51 pm

Will Mitch Duncan start performing well, because he always starts of great then just slows down, so I think he is a keeper.

13. Anthony11

May 29, 2022 at 11:34 pm

Hey all, need some help with my side. Not sure who to move on this week, and whether its worth ignoring red dots to get better upgrades. Currently I’m thinking going:

Daicos -> Wehr
    Preuss -> ROB
    Durdin -> Mitchell

Before trades my team is set up like this:

Crisp Short Hewett SDK
    Witho Sicily Daicos Stein

Touk Trac Wines Crae Mccomb
    Bont Kelly Newc Clark Stephens

Gawn Preuss Hayes

Dunks Cogs Brodie Mead
    Butters DC Martin Durdin

Thanks for the help!

• pendles4brownlow

May 30, 2022 at 12:27 am

Wehr doesn’t play in round 12. Good target next week if named

• pendles4brownlow

May 30, 2022 at 12:31 am

If getting rid of Preuss, try to get to your final target, which should be English, or move DC to the ruck and bring in a premo Fwd, which would be English or Smith. Titch is worth the risk

• Mike

May 30, 2022 at 1:46 am

A11, how many black dots on field?

• Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 1:58 am

Look out for Archer (son of NMFC god) debut next round for $190k, instead of Wehr.

• FreemTheDream

May 30, 2022 at 2:46 am

Not an option, averaging about 30 in the vfl

• Toby

May 30, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Watched him in the VFL against Carlton. Think he still needs some more development in the VFL. North have no depth in defense so I don’t mind them giving him a go. But don’t think he will be a good fantasy option.

14. Mighty C

May 30, 2022 at 1:12 am

Back: Short, Stewart, Crisp, Sicily, Houston, Gus Brayshaw (Skinner, Wehr)
    Mid: Neale, Oliver, Petracca, Dunkley, P. Cripps, N. Daicos, G. Clark, Hobbs (McComb, Carroll)
    Ruck: Gawn, Preuss (S. Hayes)
    Fwd: Taranto, Brodie, Coniglio, Heeney, N. Martin, Butters (Durdin, M Rioli)
    Sub: H. Dixon

Potential trades:
    Preuss > English
    H. Dixon > C. Graham
    N. Daicos > Bailey Smith
    30k left

• Jossy

June 2, 2022 at 12:34 pm

dont go near graham. other trades are good. see if a mid season draftee might debut this week, i.e Dirksen

15. Red dots of death

May 30, 2022 at 1:38 am

Bye rounds?

16. Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 2:00 am

Players of difference during the bye rounds people, look for that to win leagues and excel in the ratings.

17. Tomas

May 30, 2022 at 2:02 am

i.e. Jed Anderson NMFC, 0.23% ownership mid/fwd, last round 149. price $698k. Smashed it out of the park last year, just getting warmed up after failed start due to the AFL crap rules.

• John1

May 30, 2022 at 2:26 am

Im really considering him to fill a gap during the byes for me, if he goes back to last year scores ill be winning, if not oh well I can get rid of him at r14

• pendles4brownlow

May 30, 2022 at 6:43 am

12 tackles per game would help. Worth considering

18. Jason Else

May 30, 2022 at 9:15 am

Any advice would be appreciated
    Def Lloyd Whitfield Dawson Sic Docherty SDK (Gould Cleary)

Mid A Brayshaw Tracc B Smith Angus Brayshaw Neale Hewett Stephens Hobbs (McComb Soligo)

Ruck Witts Pruess (Jamieson)

Fwd Taranto Dunkley Treloar Parker Rozee Cameron (M Rioli Baldwin)

(Utility Hamling) $68k remaining in the bank thanks

19. Jack

May 30, 2022 at 12:01 pm

Which trade for this week (bye structure does not matter)
    Preuss -> English
    Daicos -> Mitchell
    Heeney -> Parker

20. SushiBaguette

May 30, 2022 at 4:08 pm

Thinking of going (subject to change when line-ups release);
    Pruess -> English
    I.Cumming -> J. Dawson *This one im not so sure of*
    Fool’s Gould -> Cleary

• Straight Shooter

June 3, 2022 at 3:05 pm

Not sure Cleary plays mate Cummings to Dawson is a bit sideways an Dawson played a fair bit forward last weekend I’d wait an C his roll if he stays forward he won’t scores will decline

21. BestowedMisery

May 30, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Sushi, English is a good get.
    I’ve had Dawson since Rd 4. He’s been good and getting better.
    Yep, got to wait for Fry’s rookies suggestion and team announcements. Have plans ready..

22. Port Adelaide Piglets

May 30, 2022 at 6:38 pm

What is better;
    Rozee, butters, Martin > English, laird, rookie
    Durdin, butters, Martin > English, Harley, rookie
    Would appreciate thoughts…

23. Harry

May 30, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Should I Get rid of Mitch Duncan this Week, he is a good player tho, and should I get in English or O’biren

24. A YAP

May 30, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Hey Legends,

D: Zorko, Hewett, Sicily, Houston, Rich, Naicos (Stein, Whitfield)
    M: Oliver, Petracca, Neale, Macrae, Titch, Guthrie, Hobbs, Clark (Soligo, Stephens)
    R: Gawn, Witts (S Hayes)
    F: Treloar, Brodie, Coniglio, Butters, Cameron, N Martin (Windhager, Durdin)

Utl: Carroll

My first 2 trades are going to be:

Durdin  Jeffrey
    Butters  English

For my 3rd trade would you recommend
    a) N Martin  Keays
    b) N Martin  Dunkley
    c) Whitfield  Stewart
    d) Whitfield  Dawson
    Or do you recommend anywhere else where I should be targeting?

Appreciate your help in advance!!!

• Henry

May 30, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Blicavs is the biggest POD right now so id suggest getting him in as he has been getting good time in ruck and defence which is great with the new style of play the cats are wanting to start playing in the second half of the season as they want to either come through the middle of the ground or the back of the ground to switch to the open corridor meaning that there are easy +6’s up for grabs.

• Straight Shooter

June 3, 2022 at 3:07 pm

Martin to Dunks a no brainer

25. Okay

May 30, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Trades this week
    Hayes>Cameron or English if I can find some more cash
    Rioli>bazlenka
    Gibcus>to basement rookie that plays

• Russell Pindick

May 31, 2022 at 5:20 am

That sounds OK to me

26. Okay

May 30, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Bailey smith or Tim English

• Flagmantle

May 30, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Depends what position your going for here, both are must haves by end of byes hopefully. Smith top 6 fwd English top 2 rck

• pendles4brownlow

May 31, 2022 at 7:45 am

English also top 6 Fwd. When Preuss is playing, better to have Preuss as ruck and English Fwd, as the 6th Fwd is below Preuss’s average

27. Flagmantle

May 30, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Should I focus on getting English in this week or rnd 14 after his bye? If I don’t get him in can get jelly and Walsh in for next week, already got 19 playing this rnd

28. The Real Slim

May 30, 2022 at 10:00 pm

forgot the perfect bye structure was it 8,10,12 or 12,10,8 churr fellas

• brian Smith

May 31, 2022 at 3:05 am

8 on the bye this week, 10 next, 12 the last. You have 3 trades to turn 10 into 8 next week

29. Andy

May 30, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Should I trade out Butters or Martin this week?

30. brian Smith

May 31, 2022 at 3:04 am

No. Unless you are trading in an uber-premium. Both are going 85/90 last 3, both have b/e at 65, so both will make you some more cash, and score you a decent 85 with potential for 100+

31. jjbkeeper

May 31, 2022 at 9:24 am

R11 Score – 2,264
    Total Points – 22,915

R11 Rank – 2,859
    Overall Rank – 8,458

R11 Team (after loopholes)
    T. Stewart – J. Sicily – S. Pendlebury – D. Houston – J. Crisp – S. De Koning (L. Cleary – J. Smith)
    L. Neale – T. Mitchell – P. Cripps – N. Martin – B. Crouch – J. Macrae – G. Hewett – D.Zorko (N. Daicos – R. McComb)
    M. Gawn – J. Witts (S. Hayes)
    J. Dunkley – J- Jeffery – L. Parker – W. Brodie – D. Cameron – C. Durdin (J. Mead – M. Windhager)
    (G. Clark)

R11 Trades
    L. Whitfield > T. Mitchell
    H. Dixon > J. Jeffery

$158k in bank

Current R12 plan:
    Honestly, not sure. I’m considering gambling and trading in a non-playing premo and some non-playing rookies for some red dots (3 in R11). I know it’s a gamble but might be worth it as I don’t have a lot of premos in R13.

Current Bye Structure with only players who played in R11
    12 – 19
    13 – 17
    14 – 17

Up 2,757 spots in overall rank. Real happy with my improvements each week, and to be in top 10K now I am real happy. Playing a mate who I have to beat this week in one of my H2H comps so need a good score.

• jjbkeeper

May 31, 2022 at 9:34 am

Oops, $375K in bank (had played with some drafts)

32. Jossy

May 31, 2022 at 10:50 am

Crisp, Short, Hewett, Sicily, Zorko, Whit, (Cleary, Daicos)

Mills, Neale, Baz, Trac, Cripps, Green, Clark, McComb (Hobbs, Soligo, Hough)

Gawn, Witts (Dixon)

Dunks, Parker, Brodie, Cameron, Martin, Durdin, (CMac, SDK)

13k in bank

Trades atm are

Durdin to McGuiness/Worner/190k R14 rookie
    McComb to M. Owens
    Daicos to Drew Brayshaw

Thinking about Titch but i saw a news thing about him being taken out of the midfield

Thoughts?

• Straight Shooter

June 3, 2022 at 3:12 pm

I’d hold McComb still got some coin to make an trade Daicos lossing money to Wehr

33. Darce

May 31, 2022 at 9:01 pm

If you’re only playing for a league win, would it make any sense to hold Preuss or nah? He’s still a decent R2 if he comes back in and frees up an upgrade elsewhere..

• Norman

May 31, 2022 at 11:37 pm

If you want a league win trade Preuss to English.
      English vs Cats should go big!

34. Norman

May 31, 2022 at 11:36 pm

Needs some pros and cons for Hately vs Anderson.

I love my POD’s and value players which has served me well so far so looking to bring one of them in for Hayes.

Anderson would help with my bye structure and was looking at him last week as a stop gap for 3 rounds but his BE was a hit high so decided against it, regrets.

Hately has such good matchups the next few weeks (excluding byes) but I’m not 100% convinced on his role just yet.

Idk I need some input pls x

• Straight Shooter

June 3, 2022 at 3:15 pm

I’d be going Anderson over Hately higher ceiling

35. Ando the brain dead barfly

June 1, 2022 at 5:37 am

Jake Soligo or Mitchito Owens?

• Aardvarks Australia Fair

June 1, 2022 at 9:42 am

Owens has the bye. Go Soligo

36. Toby

June 1, 2022 at 9:26 am

Rookie priced rucks are non-existent at the moment. Their is talk about Comben (fwd/ruc) getting a crack in North Melbourne forward line to take pressure off Larkey.

His last 4 VFL games:
    3 goals, 1 behind (70 fantasy points)
    2 goals, 3 behinds (60 fantasy points)
    1 goal, 1 behind (33 fantasy points)
    4 goals,1 behind (90 fanatsy points)

The way North are playing, they could do a lot worse. I suspect he will get a game soon.

This is the perfect downgrade option for Hayes if named. If not named I have no idea what to do about Pruess and Hayes considering I already have Gawn and English…

• Minister for Manila

All good Tobes 👍

37. Angus

June 1, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Hough or Stephens?

38. Ken Loves Barbie

June 2, 2022 at 4:36 am

Petracca, Whitfield, Zorko out – Sinclair, English, Jed Anderson in. Still leaves me with potentially 21 live players for round 12. I hate lost earnings.

• Alex

June 2, 2022 at 4:57 pm

I wouldn’t be sideways trading premiums. Surely you have rookies or underperforming midpricers/rookies (Heeney) that can go out before Trac?

39. Scott Mates

June 2, 2022 at 1:26 pm

Is it dumb to wait till after his bye for bont? just suits my team better and i can get 900k+. Probably wont go up a heap this week so will still be cheap after his bye.

40. Tim

June 3, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Worry trading de Kooning over mccomb to get Owens instead of butler? Byes not an issue as butler will probably drop off anyway.