My Team

My Team 2022: Version 3.1

Join in the chat throughout lockout week.

LOCKOUT IS APPROACHING!

We’ve been smashing out a heap of content here at DT Talk including the Deck of DT, the praccy match reviews and recently, the AAMI Community Series. There’s a heap of podcasts to binge on and don’t forget about our content over on AFL.com.au.

Click back through the site for plenty of stuff.

Round 1

GWS GIANTS vs. Sydney Swans – Accor Stadium – 5:10pm – Fox Footy
Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide – The Gabba – 8:10pm – Seven/Fox

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne – Melbourne Cricket Ground – 1:10pm – Fox Footy
Adelaide Crows vs. Fremantle – Adelaide Oval – 4:10pm – Fox Footy
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS – Optus Stadium – 7:40pm – Fox Footy

Click here to register for an account on DT Talk to discuss your team! Be sure to add a profile pic to distinguish your posts from everyone else.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of the new $14.8m salary cap. Click here to register for a DT Talk account. For all prices with priced at figures, click here.

Join our DT Talk group: LTY72PLA
Click here to join

1. Rhoda

March 19, 2022 at 11:45 am

Laaaads.
    Mid bench options are doing my head in!! Do I run cheap and chuck a Mead in there. Or pay up a little. Atm I’m running with MacDonald and Sheldrick. But the JS on both isn’t great. I feel they could both be solid scorers. First world problems worrying about bench rooks, but here I am..

• Shags

March 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm

Lads and Laaadys mate. Some awesome Fantasy girls out there….;)

I think Meads JS is the lowest. Im going Cmac as Sam Mitchell said he’d give rookies a run this year.

• Rhoda

March 19, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Fair call on both accounts there Shags 🤙 cheers brother

• Shags

March 19, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Also bench rookies arent the first world issues of the DT world. Nailing your rookies is absolute top priority!

Cash is king in DT.

A failed premo can be offloaded.

A failed cashcow stinks up your bench and is very hard to deal with.

Just look at J.hayes as an example

2. Shags

March 19, 2022 at 1:08 pm

Neale, McCartin (SDK field), Xerri vs Mrouch, SicDog, N.martin (field but will make way for j.hayes next week).

• GDT

March 19, 2022 at 1:39 pm

Probably first lot as Neale is a season long keeper, and I like Xerri’s ceiling. McCartin a weak link though.

• Shags

March 19, 2022 at 4:06 pm

I went the 2nd….and martin is a deadset gun!

3. Shags

March 19, 2022 at 1:13 pm

4. JL

March 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm

Dixon over Baldwin/Mead to be able to DPP Hayes to the FWDs next week? TY.

5. GDT

March 19, 2022 at 1:42 pm

Similar to Shags above.

Neale & Heeney & JHF
    Or
    Crouch & Thomas & Brodie

Ist seems a no brainer. Just really like Thomas more than Heeney.

• JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Tacogirl.gif

6. Steve

March 19, 2022 at 1:45 pm

Who to put on the Field – Kaine Baldwin or Nic Martin?

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 1:54 pm

I’d go B.

• Shags

March 19, 2022 at 4:06 pm

I hope you went martin…

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 4:10 pm

I did and got POD Zerrett in this, very happy, also what are you blokes thinking? Less than 5% ownership for the little piglet.

7. Matt

March 19, 2022 at 4:22 pm

Hi all. Looking for a few more players to join a new AFL Fantasy Draft League. Live Draft this Tuesday 22nd at 6pm AEDT. Head-to-head match-ups start in Round 2. League name: Number Crunchers. Code: P7VW6VND It’s just for fun, but please only join if you want to commit to the whole season – no ghostships please!!

8. Ando the brain dead barfly

March 19, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Baldwin to Nick Martin will be a popular trade

9. JL

March 19, 2022 at 4:43 pm

I’ve got Martin as my FWD (e). Is it worth trading out H Dixon to a non playing FWD who I think might be a chance in the following weeks and taking out one of Xerri/Rachele.
    Personally, I think it is. Comben possibly; gives me the flexibility to switch Hayes between RUC/FWD also.
    Another option would be to trade out Xerri, may not need to field him next week (Martin/Hayes) saves 100k.

• Jay1

March 19, 2022 at 4:47 pm

Trade out Xerri to Comden.

Sadly, I didn’t have Martin as E, otherwise I’d be doing that now.

• Jay1

March 19, 2022 at 4:49 pm

There’s also Hollands as an option

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 5:05 pm

That is true also, and to be honest will I still be wanting to flick Hayes to the FWD, with Martin’s showing, possibly not.
          But yes, I like both options Comben/Hollands.

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 5:49 pm

The other option is Skinner with SDKs possible injury. But probably less interested by this one.

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 4:47 pm

Normally id say no but it could gain you 100 points so sure, just swing it so you get someone who may play next week if you can.

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 5:11 pm

Yes I’d usually probably say no too but it’s 130 points + the rolling lockout.
        If it is Xerri that I decide to downgrade then it’s also 90k+ I didn’t have.

• JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 6:03 pm

80~ points could be the difference between a new car or not. You’d like to avoid having a red dot r1, but 130 on the field is 130. Hard.not to make the call.

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Yep. Who would you sub out to the UTL, Xerri/Rachele?

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Xerri gorn, you can do better.

• JL

March 19, 2022 at 7:06 pm

I think he may be of pretty good cash generation.

• JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 8:13 pm

I’d prefer to keep Xerri over Rachele, free score from hitouts, while Rachele will need to kick goals and lay a lot of tackles to score well. But North also have Comben playing I think and not just Xerri/Goldy, so makes it a bit iffy.

I’d play Xerri, but it’s a coinflip really. Both could score 90 or 50.

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Xerri to bomb, CCJ to take second ruck/ fwd, Goldy still got fuel in the tank I reckon

• Mighty Puds

March 19, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Pretty sure Goldy himself said he’ll be playing more fwd than he has previously to allow Xerri (and maybe CCJ) the chance to ruck. Nm need to look to long term rucks and they fought so hard to keep him. Let’s see how he goes…

10. JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm

Nick Martin, wowee. Some folks will be salty having that on the bench.

Kane Baldwin, 28? Worst performance from someone named Baldwin this year, and that’s saying something.

Sam De Koning. No 190k rookies down back, and after that performance, still no 190k rookies down back. Not often you see a basement priced rookie’s price go backwards. Yuck

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 6:36 pm

SDK was concussion protocols by around half time, not really his fault that

• JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 8:21 pm

That’s 1 trade for the entire competition burned after lockout then. Can’t justify holding him with at least 1 week off and that 20 in his price for a few more games. We’re in trouble if we don’t get some def rookie options.

• Squid

March 19, 2022 at 9:34 pm

No options, no reason to trade, always an upside

• Jay1

March 19, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Looks like McInerney will be trying to out do Baldwin – and at 350k more and not on my bench….Ruined my weekend

• JungleMuffin

March 19, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Defense has been disastrous this week. Plenty of teams might be struggling to score 300 from their back 6, and that’s with 4-5 premiums/value picks.

11. Justin Stitchup

March 19, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Jake Soligo or Connor MacDonald for better job security?

12. Squid

March 19, 2022 at 7:44 pm

OK, ready to accept all apologies for the hammering I copped for daring to suggest Taranto might still be a solid pick at 900k with Greene out….. Gun, just wish I could have afforded him but the Rook situation down back forced me to spend up back there :/

• The Chosen Won™®©

March 20, 2022 at 6:59 am

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :)

Good Luck in 2022™®©

13. Jay1

March 20, 2022 at 12:50 am

Ave score of my DEF = 64.4
    Ave score of my MID + RUC + FWDs including C = 108.1

The depressing thing is with only 1k left in the bank, there is no possible fix I can make to any of my defense premos next week. If only someone could donate me a spare 90k, I could trade McInerney up to Houston

14. The Chosen Won™®©

March 20, 2022 at 6:56 am

So far my 2 highest scoring players are on the bench…..

Good Luck in 2023

15. The Chosen Won™®©

March 20, 2022 at 9:09 am

Please tell me we get to multiply our score by 1.25?

Good Luck in 2023

• Dulcify

March 20, 2022 at 10:23 am

16/1581. Could have been so much better. I was tossing up between Houston and Dawson to replace Lloyd with plenty of cash left over. Lets hope Dawson can rack ‘em up today.

• Phteven

March 20, 2022 at 10:53 am

14/1351. Stengle on field was my saviour. Has sat on my bench for a few weeks.

• The Chosen Won™®©

March 20, 2022 at 11:33 am

I just hope to get to 1581 :)

Good Luck

• Squid

March 20, 2022 at 12:00 pm

14/1290, pretty happy, dud defs, 2100+ on the cards which is a pretty decent first round score I reckon

• Phteven

March 20, 2022 at 12:57 pm

That’s about 300 more than what I’ll get

16. 22 guns

March 20, 2022 at 12:21 pm

14/1399 sic milera mitch rachele brodie rowell crouch ward or horne undecided

17. Jay1

March 20, 2022 at 12:58 pm

15/1511, with Sic, Crouch, Rowell, Ward, JHF, Brodie & Xerri (7) to come.

18. NP

March 20, 2022 at 1:36 pm

Hough or Soligo? Have had Hough but never know if I might need the extra $10k next week.

19. JungleMuffin

March 20, 2022 at 4:19 pm

Tarryn Terrible

20. Andy

March 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Anyone know the extent of Ward’s injury?

• Mighty Puds

March 20, 2022 at 10:40 pm

Think it was just cramp. Apparently looked fine post game.