Podcast

Fantasy forwards, Elijah Hollands, your questions – Ep. 486

PODCAST: Roy, Calvin and Warnie discuss the FWDs with some special guests.

One of the trickiest positions in AFL Fantasy this season are the forwards. Most premiums have question marks and there are a few value options to consider. We focus on the forward line in this week’s episode with a surprise call from a highly selected cash cow and a former winner shares his line up. Let’s do this!

Click here to download.

Episode guide

1:00 – The pre-season edition of the AFL Record is out now in Victoria (17 Feb for the rest of the country).

3:45 – News from recent match sims.

6:30 – North Melbourne may play a couple of rucks in 2022.

8:40 – Roy is warming to some of the value forwards available.

10:30 – Elijah Hollands gives the boys a shock phone call as the most selected FWD in the competition.

13:20 – In an exclusive, Elijah reveals that he’s signed a two-year contract extension.

16:00 – Noah Anderson and Matt Rowell are flying at the Suns.

20:15 – It looks like Jack Lukosius will have an important role to play in the forward-line.

24:00 – Josh Dunkley is the most selected premium MID/FWD in Fantasy Classic.

27:30 – All eyes will be on the super-cheap Cam Rayner and Will Brodie during the practice matches for role.

35:00 – Warnie tries to convince Roy and Calvin to jump aboard the Isaac Heeney train.

39:20 – While many are keen on Zak Butters, could Connor Rozee be a better value option?

43:15 – Dustin Martin is tracking towards 2017 form where he averaged 114.

46:00 – Dave Baker, coach of 2012 winning team Skinny Boys, joins the show.

48:30 – How has Dave’s strategy changed since his win as the game has evolved.

52:20 – Mitch Duncan is Dave’s F1.

56:35 – Which Swan is off the never-again list?

1:00:05 – What you should be looking for in the practice and AAMI Community Series games.

1:03:10 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.

1:09:00 – The boys suggest just one rookie on field in the forward-line with potentially a $300k guy at F5.

1:12:25 – Is Charlie Curnow a better option than Cam Rayner?

Find the podcast

1. Minister for Manila

February 14, 2022 at 11:45 am

With questions over Taranto’s role early.. likely playing forward for 5 rounds at top dollar, Is he worth it? Might pick up R6 instead

• Euman

February 14, 2022 at 11:55 am

Doing similar currently have Duncan F1

2. BREVERARD

February 15, 2022 at 9:20 am

Why pick heeney when butters exact price and better player for fantasy

3. Dulcify

February 15, 2022 at 9:49 am

In the last 3 seasons, Butters has averaged 56.7, 62.3, 76.2.
    Heeney has averaged 89.8, 70.7, 76.2.

Stats courtesy of Footywire.

• Squid

February 15, 2022 at 10:19 am

That of course is Butters’ first 3 years, last year he got hobbled by injury, was looking good early.

Those numbers are screaming breakout prospect, also watch the kid play, he is small but fierce and has real talent.

4. Dulcify

February 15, 2022 at 12:18 pm

Heeney went 66.8, 73.3, 92.2 in his first 3 years.

• Squid

February 15, 2022 at 7:29 pm

Yep, and I like both equally this year, have Butters F6 currently but could go either way.

5. Matt

February 15, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Hey guys I would love some help
    I’m very settled on my side so far but the only one I’m unsure of is my m5
    Narrowed it down to p.cripps e.yeo c. Serong
    Some help and thoughts would be awesome
    Cheers legends

• Trevor

February 15, 2022 at 5:56 pm

That is a tough one, Cripps will be targeted by opposition bulls and tagged by the nuisances. Yeo is still on restricted duties and usually people who come back from OP struggle to get their careers back, I personally don’t want players with a resume consisting of too many injuries and seeing is still being babysitters by JL and will still have limited TOG and Fyfe will be full time mid this year according to sources so I would steer clear of them and go a crouch type or in my case I’m going with Tom Powell to be a breakout candidate this year.

6. Matt

February 15, 2022 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Trevor I actually have Matt crouch at m4
    He should be m5
    I’m batting deep forward and defender
    I need to make a call on one of the 3 I mentioned

• Squid

February 15, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Can’t believe it but I’m kind of with Trev, would be Yeo for me of those 3 but really if you don’t have one already and these are the only blokes you can get to I would look at Caldwell/Rowell in that $450-500k range or similar and pocket the change for other things, pretty similar risk v reward at a discount.