The Season

Weekend Forecast – Round 14

Bailey helps you get set for round 14.

***Live stream of the Weekend Forecast will be on my YouTube channel. Make sure to tune in as I will be answering your questions during the live stream. Also, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a like on the video. Would be very much appreciated.***

Here we are! Final week of the bye rounds, and easily the toughest out of the 3 bye round weeks. Lucky, we have been gifted an extra trade to get a best 18 on the park this week. I, on the other hand, didn’t get any favours at the selection table last night so I might not even be able to field 18 but such is life hey.

Anyway, lets get into the Weekend Forecast for round 14.

Geelong vs Western Bulldogs @ GMHBA Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 9°C, occasional showers expected (57% chance of rain)

Team Lineups

Geelong

IN

Cameron Guthrie

OUT

Shaun Higgins (Managed), Quinton Narkle (Medi-Sub)

Western Bulldogs

IN

OUT

Rhylee West (Medi-Sub)

Players to Watch

Patrick Dangerfield/Mitch Duncan

Both great players, but I wouldn’t be favouring a move for bringing either in this week for 2 reasons. Firstly, they both have massive breakevens after their poor scores last week (Dangerfield 157 and Duncan 166). So you can wait a couple of weeks for their prices to drop below 680k and 800k respectively. And secondly, the Bulldogs are really tough for midfielders to score against but keep an eye on them as most of us will be targeting them in a couple of weeks.

Jack Macrae

I am interested to see if Libba cops the O’Connor tag, or they send him to Macrae or Bont. If not Macrae, regardless of how tough Geelong are to score against, will be a great VC option in the first game of the round.

Gold Coast vs Port Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 21°C, sunny

Team Lineups

Gold Coast

IN

Sam Collins, Sam Day

OUT

Josh Corbett (Medi-Sub), Caleb Graham (Omitted), Malcolm Rosas (Omitted)

Port Adelaide

IN

Jarrod Lienert, Scott Lycett

OUT

Riley Bonner (Omitted), Todd Marshall (Injured), Boyd Woodcock (Omitted)

Players to Watch

Matt Rowell

In his first game back since round 1, Matty Rowell looked quite rusty. Because of this, his score of 48 was poor by his standards. But he was managed a bit throughout the game to ease himself back in (lined up on half forward flank to start the game and only played 73% game time). Because of this, he is now under 500k so if we see a sign in the next few weeks, then at under 500k, he is an absolute bargain.

Jack Bowes

He started the year off so well, but in his first game back only scored a 60 but the Suns were really poor against Fremantle last week. I will be keeping a close eye on him this week as besides last week, he has not gone below 80 all year and has been one of the breakout fantasy defenders this year, and with a breakeven of 133, will be close, if not under 600k next week.

Dan Houston

A popular trade in target this week, and understandably so. Back to back scores of 97 and 98 have made him a great target, along with the fact he is priced at 571k due to the shoulder injury he had trouble with a few weeks ago. I think he is past that now and a brilliant option to bring in.

North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena

Weather Forecast

Around 12°C, cloudy

Team Lineups

North Melbourne

IN

Luke McDonald

OUT

Taylor Garner (Injured), Lachie Young (Omitted)

Brisbane

IN

James Madden

OUT

Ryan Lester (Injured), Dayne Zorko (Suspension)

Players to Watch

Aaron Hall/Jack Ziebell

Similar to last week, North get another defender back, this time it is Luke McDonald. A few people a worried about this because of McDonald’s form last year, but I don’t have too much concern. I think both Aaron Hall and Jack Ziebell have played really well so far that North want the ball in their hands, and McDonald wasn’t great earlier in the year, but I also think McDonald will play on a wing as well. It is still something to watch however, but I don’t think it will affect too much.

Lachie Neale

A few people are bringing him in this week which I definitely think is an option, as he should score well this week. But I, like many others, will hope he scores well this week, and then pounce in round 16 as he has Geelong next week in a tough matchup. But if we see something, all aboard!

James Madden

Coming in for the injured Ryan Lester, I think James Madden is one of the better cash cow targets this week. With Lester being out for at least 3-4 weeks, I think Madden could stay in the team for more than just this week so if you need a cash cow, I think he is a great option.

GWS vs Carlton @ Giants Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 11°C, cloudy with rain expected (88% chance of rain)

Team Lineups

GWS

IN

Kieren Briggs, Phil Davis, Harry Perryman

OUT

Lachie Ash (Omitted), Shane Mumford (Injured), Xavier O’Halloran (Omitted), Jake Stein (Omitted)

Carlton

IN

Lachie Fogarty, Matthew Kennedy, Luke Parks

OUT

Matthew Cottrell (Omitted), Marc Murphy (Omitted), Jack Newnes (Medi-Sub), Will Setterfield (Injured)

Players to Watch

Nick Haynes

With his first ton for the year last week, a lot of coaches have pounced on Haynes his is under 500k. Not only that, but Phil Davis is back which I think could free up Haynes even more, and Lachie Ash was dropped, so this could mean Haynes could be huge this week. Another great option to bring in.

Josh Kelly

A lot of people would have been ecstatic last week with Kelly’s efforts, I on the other hand wasn’t as fortunate as I chose Whitfield over him. But, a great option to bring in this week with Carlton, and then Hawthorn next week. Also, a cheeky VC option if you want to go against Macrae.

Lachie Whitfield

I am looking for a big bounce back from Whitfield this week. Has has a good recent history against Carlton (including a 190 in 2019) so should be good. And I wouldn’t hesitate in bringing him in either as you are going to want Whitfield in your team at some point.

Matt Flynn

With Mumford injured, Flynn owners will be happy to see their man with the no.1 ruck mantle against GWS. Could be his final game for a lot of coaches so lets hope we go out with a good score.

Zac Williams

Revenge game! But could he cop the De Boer tag with De Boer playing forward? We will see, but still an option to bring in at under 530k.

Hawthorn vs Essendon @ UTAS Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 13°C, mostly sunny

Team Lineups (Full squads announced at 5pm AEST)

Hawthorn

IN

Lachlan Bramble (Debut), Tyler Brockman, James Cousins, Emerson Jeka, Conor Nash

OUT

Harry Morrison (Injured), James Worpel (Suspension)

Essendon

IN

Ned Cahill, Tom Cutler, Sam Draper, Sam Durham (Debut), Zach Reid, Devon Smith, Peter Wright, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

OUT

Patrick Ambrose (Omitted), Aaron Francis (Managed), Andrew McGrath (Injured), Alec Waterman (Injured), David Zaharakis (Injured)

Players to Watch

Lachlan Bramble

Already confirmed by Hawthorn that he will make his debut, the 170k midfielder will make his debut against the Bombers at Pig Park. The mature ager is definitely an option, but I am concerned he might only be a one weeker with Worpel back next week but if he is on your bench post round 14, then is still a good downgrade option.

Jai Newcombe

Many coaches brought Newcombe in last week, with many others following suit this week. With a score of 87 last week which included 14 tackles (most ever recorded on debut), you cannot go wrong. A breakeven of -15 also seals the deal, but if we see another good score this week, can be an option to play on field in your still need him to.

Darcy Parish

Could be massive this week. Not only does he play at Pig Park, but Hawthorn are also the easiest team for midfielders to score against. For those coaches with less than 18 this week, definitely would consider as he could make up those points as he might get above 150.

Zach Merrett

Similar to Parish, could be massive this week against the Hawks and will be a very popular fall back option as captain in the final game of the round.

Kyle Langford

With McGrath being out, Langford could be massive this week. Even when Shiel comes back, I don’t think it will affect him. He was still scoring 100’s with McGrath in the team, and I think Shiel will just be a direct replacement. Until Shiel comes back, I expect Langford to play in the guts.

Nick Hind

Interested to see if he stays back in defence. Ambrose being out makes it more likely.

Jordan Ridley

Hoping to see something from Ridley this week because he is still an underpriced option in defence, but I want to see something first before I jump on.

My Trades

Farrar -> Madden

Byrnes -> Haynes

Harmes -> Houston

Heeney -> J Kelly

At this stage, this is how my trades look. Farrar out as he isn’t playing for Madden who I think out of the rookies will play the longest and make the most money. Byrnes will be upgraded to Haynes, which also doesn’t cost me much, Harmes swapped to Houston and Heeney upgraded to Kelly. I have also considered getting Parish instead of Kelly because I have 187k in the bank with getting Kelly. The only other trade I have considered was going Gaff up to Parish. This is mainly because I will likely only have 17 playing this week (unless Brockman gets named in the final squad, then I have exactly 18) and I think Parish could be massive this week and Gaff has been poor now for 4 weeks straight but I will probably go with Harmes to Houston but if you think about it, would I rather have Gaff and Houston or Parish and Harmes. Interesting. Anyway, I will figure that one out.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for reading the Weekend Forecast. If you have any questions regarding trades, or anything else, leave your questions in the comments section below or hit me up at my Twitter or Instagram (links provided below).

Good luck for the round 14 and the final week of byes!

Instagram: @baileyirrgang

Twitter: @baileyirrgang

I am a lover of all sports, especially the AFL. Some of the teams I support include the Adelaide Crows, Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Rams just to name a few. I am also a big fan of fantasy sports, particularly AFL Fantasy and NFL Fantasy.

1. Iceman

June 18, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Rank 5k: Worth going value with Houston and Simpkin (leaving $251k in the kitty for upgrades next week) or going early on high BEs with Danger and Neale but set and forget for rest of year (need to go one down one up next week)?

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 5:30 pm

If you were looking at doing that, I would go with Neale and Houston out of the 4. Houston great value this week, and Neale has a great run after the Geelong game next week for the rest of the year. In saying that though, you are correct as Danger and Neale probably will be in your team long term and if you are Fien with Danger going down a bit closer to 650k that’s fine, go for it. But I would take Houston and Neale

2. Dan

June 18, 2021 at 3:25 pm

Titch and Houston
    V
    Neale and Hunter?

• Miyagi-san

June 18, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Titch and Houston for mine mate!

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 5:33 pm

I would go Titch and Houston there. Titch 4 120+ scores in his last 6, and Houston is great value. Neale has a tough game next week and will get tagged against the Cats and I still don’t know if Hunter is definitely playing on a wing for the whole game

3. Miyagi-san

June 18, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Hey Bailey

Awesome to see you back again – hope you can stick around with this format mate. Love it!

Would love your thoughts on a couple of trade scenarios. Will be going 2 down and 2 up to leave 3 rooks on field pre trades next week, just a matter of whether I get 17 or 18 on field this week.

Players being traded are 4 of McNeill, Burgess, Powell, Byrnes, Koschitzke.

2 downgrades are Briggs/Bramble (both bench next wk)

2 upgrade options, on field number this week in brackets.

1) Haynes + Bont (18)
    2) Hunter + Langford (18)
    3) Haynes + Parish/Miller (17)
    4) Houston + Whitfield (18)

Any thoughts?

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 6:59 pm

Thanks man, appreciate it. Out of those, I would go either 1 or 4. Really depends on do you want Whitfield or Bont more. I would lean more towards Whitfield and Houston as both could be in your team the rest of the year, and you can always get Haynes next week if you need. I do like Bont though so that would be up to you but either 1 or 4, and I lean towards option 4

4. Dukx

June 18, 2021 at 4:28 pm

I would be going Titch & Houston. lthough the other 2 can xcore bigger and Neale is a Ball Magnet. I brought Neale in last week. The reason I brought him in was to set my side up seeing it was only the second BYE Round. I think give Neale one more week then Pounce on him if you thinking of bringing in Neale.

Before the BYE Rounds started I was Ranked 18000 +. But now we are comming into the last BYE Round I’m Ranked 15137 and seeing I haven’t had Macrae (W Bull) all year this week Im Trading in Bramble, Zilliams, Houston and Macrae with 154 K left. So with hopefully 17 playing this week I might be able to drop around 14000.

Next week try bringing in another big Forward (Hunter) then I’ll have only one Rookie on field and BOOM

5. Brian Smith

June 18, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Great pre-round wrap, thanks. I hope you can continue with this!

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Thanks Brian, appreciate it. Don’t worry, I will be (as long as I am allowed to ahaha)

6. Yfxcs

June 18, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Houston or Hunter?

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:01 pm

I would go Houston there. More value and still unsure if Hunter is playing full time wing role

7. Kurt

June 18, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Madden or Bramble?

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:02 pm

Same problem as myself. I think Madden is more likely to be in the team for more than 1 week but I could be wrong. If both are on your bench and you need the 59k from getting Bramble instead of Madden, then I would do that

• Kurt

June 18, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Yep fair. I didn’t need the cash I needed job security so I went with Madden

8. The Cricket

June 18, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Anyone else having probs with the app (android)? Can’t get it to open …

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:04 pm

I have Apple so I am unsure. Hopefully you can get it working to get your team ready

9. Damo

June 18, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Macrae vs Parish?

Langford vs Hunter?

Thanks mate

• Damo

June 18, 2021 at 7:10 pm

(or Houston for the second question)

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:12 pm

I would go Macrae and Hunter there. McLean back in for the Dogs (late in) probably means Hunter plays full time wing now

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 7:12 pm

but Houston is really good value also. Maybe Hunter is the more likely to stay in your team for the whole year. That is a flip of the coin between the 2

10. K

June 18, 2021 at 8:09 pm

Nice read, cheers. Was really hoping Brockman would get a game this week! Definitely trading him next week (I’ve said this sound round 5!).
    My trades resulted in bringing in Steele, Newcombe, Briggs and Foley. Steele wasn’t even on my radar but it just seemed to work and need some FWD power. Next two rounds I’ll target Hunter and Whitfield.

• Bailey

June 18, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Ahaha yeah I need Brockman as the sub because he would be my 18th player, otherwise I only have 17. Yeah I have wanted to trade him for ages but never do ahaha. Not sure about Steele. I would go Pendles over him who is cheaper. Newcombe is a must have, Briggs is only going to play this week so if you are good with that then he is a good option, and Foley may not be in the side next week with Eagles players coming back

11. Ando the brain dead barfly

June 19, 2021 at 6:26 am

Hey Bailey, What about Jy Simpkin? Good last 2 scores but can be inconsistent with the occasional stinker. Not sure if I should take the punt & bring him in. Wish he was dual. Cheers

• Bailey

June 19, 2021 at 7:48 am

Ahaha yeah would be better if he was still a FWD. Personally I wouldn’t l, I think there are better value options across other positions like Haynes, Houston, Langford, etc. But not bad with only 1 bad score in his last 4 but he can do that to you though

• Ando the brain dead barfly

June 19, 2021 at 9:09 am

Thanks mate. I have Houston. I will grab Langford

12. Burnt

June 19, 2021 at 10:35 am

Is Parish worth 220k over Langford?

13. JMD012

June 19, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Hey mate, what would you suggest
    1) Phillips -> Greene or Langford
    Or
    2) Markov -> Cripps
    I am totally undecided. Looking towards the future with option 1 in 2-3 weeks I would be able to get Neale (this is because of positons), as opposed to if I go option 2 in 2-3 weeks I would be only just able possibly to get Zorko (this is because of positions)
    so really it’s a decision of Greene/Langford and Neale compared to Cripps and possibly Zorko.
    What do you think? Would love to know your thoughts

14. Bill

June 19, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Still unsure whether to bring in Parish or Miller?
    Any ideas?

15. Bill

June 19, 2021 at 12:32 pm

I’ll have 20 players on the field. Duncan is now number 20.
    That leaves one more bad score to delete.

I’m sure there will be many takers for that in my team.

16. Bec

June 19, 2021 at 2:23 pm

i’ve decided to go Neale instead of Wines with $338k left in bank for next week.

hopefully pays off

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Bill

June 19, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Oh dear… Wines killed it, and Neale could be being tagged.

17. Bec

June 19, 2021 at 6:25 pm

yep, u win some u loose some, thought Neale would get close to 100 and only go down 10k

but he really needs to pull his finger out.

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

18. Bec

June 19, 2021 at 6:28 pm

big last qtr from I think

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

19. Bec

June 19, 2021 at 6:54 pm

nice rocket to Neale,

and Cunnington has been really good for me, scoring well, and making me money still

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Eric the half a bee

June 19, 2021 at 10:35 pm

North’s Twins Twahezleamoray, Hall and Ziebell, have been doing well. Do you have them?

20. JT & Frenchy, Gangsta Boyz

June 19, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Time to Rage Trade out Tom Green

• Cooper

June 20, 2021 at 5:17 am

Should have Torpedo Toby Greene instead

21. Bec

June 19, 2021 at 10:31 pm

yep and especially when Cogs comes back into the squad

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

22. Bill

June 19, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Walsh was obviously tagged.

And why did I bother keeping Duncan for so long when he wasn’t playing?
    He’s finished up losing me money.

23. llizardofoz

June 20, 2021 at 9:13 am

It’s just bad luck.
    I’m in the same boat.

24. jay

June 20, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Totally stoked with my 10 trade-ins over the byes – it’s great to finally not regret my weekly trades!!

Premos in:
    Gawn (in bye 1) — 108, 119, bye
    Houston (in bye 2) — 98, 86
    Touk Touk (in bye 2) — 260 [C], 122
    Whitfield (in bye 3) — 119
    Pig Parish (in bye 3) –? [C]

Rooks in:
    Bianco (in bye 1) — 77, 33 [score culled], bye
    Lynch (in bye 1) — 55, 68, bye
    Newcombe (in bye 2) — 87, ?
    Briggs (in bye 3) — 62