Weekend Wash-Up

The Weekend Wash-Up – Round 12

Join Matt for a look at the round that was.

Bye week one out of the way, and it was supposed to be our rookies chance to shine. And shine they did. I could put together one of the all time great dodgeball teams. Not only that but my cult hero Sean Darcy goes down to put the icing on this cake, awesome stuff. Whatever. It’s time for the weekend wash-up.

Legends

Petracca (119) – My number one trade target in round 15. That’s how you bounce back from a shocker, what a beast.

Steele (137) – Averaging 118 in his last 5? Tackling machine.

Crouch (131) – Averaging 108 in his last 5. More importantly, he was priced at just $658k at the start of that run. Huge POD.

Crisp (113) – Must have. Gun.

Laird (131) – Must have. Gun. Obviously.

Poulter (105) – Caleb Poulter is becoming a hat winning pick. Just consider the fact that a lot of us brought in Finlay Macrae for similar coin the week before. Total game changer.

Keays (115) – Only 115?

ROB (111) – We need a new section because he is the furthest thing from a legend you will get. He will not be named nor mentioned ever again in this article. I’ll be dead before I ever bring him back in.

Langford (114) – My number one target coming off his bye next week. He has moved into a pure midfield role and he looks incredible. Gun!

Martin (109) – Obviously incredible value. It’s Dusty at the end of the day. He might be about to turn it on to finish 2021 and I need him in my team.

Walsh (127) – Sam Walsh is playing out of his mind, it’s a shame he doesn’t have a single player capable of going along with him. Carlton are awful, Sam Walsh is a must have. Legend!

Hurn (107) – Just quietly, Shannon Hurn is averaging 100 without his injury affected 6. His bye moving to round 14 is devastating, because he was a genuine option.

Sheed (123) – There is no reason Dom Sheed shouldn’t be a fantasy jet, but he manages to produce these horrendous scores that render his big games totally useless.

Bontempelli (125) – The Bont is so dominant he’s starting to match Patrick Dangerfield’s fantasy dominance during 2017/18. He’s just too big, too strong. At full forward or in the midfield, he can’t be stopped. Criminally under-rated in fantasy.

Parish (160) – Unbelievable. Honestly I hope Darcy’s back is alright. Because once a week the poor guy straps 29 grown ass men on his back like he’s starring in 1917, and just carries them through the f**king trenches.

Losers

Zorko (118) – The ONE time you absolutely CANNOT get suspended… is during the byes. Only Michael Walters has ever stooped that low. Until now. There is no saving grace to this, hang your head in shame Dayne. Every bit of good work he has done has been undone, what an absolute howler.

Harmes (62) – At the end of the day, it’s still James Harmes. He’s in the midfield, and he’s going to be solid. Just don’t expect an average of much over 85. I think you can do better at this point.

Neale (71)

Billings (56) – This is why we can’t have nice things. The SCG sucks for wingers, but that doesn’t excuse this pitiful effort. If he’s not under a roof at Marvel Stadium Billings is practically useless. Too unreliable.

Heeney (66) – He JUST gets a pass for me, thanks to his 135 point effort the week before. That won’t ease any of the pain for those who traded him in last round. He had an absolute howler of a game, and if he can’t do it against the Hawks next week it will be simple. Thanks for your one week of service Isaac, pack your bags son.

Warner (37) – BE. RUTHLESS. Some sideways moves you could have done over the past month (with some DPP). Callan Ward averaging 110. Isaac Heeney averaging 95. Kyle Langford averaging 113. Higgins averaging 107. Ladhams 99. Chad Warner 47. No good.

O’Connor (20) – Pretty easy to see how Adelaide thought he wasn’t ready. That’s because he might not ever be ready. We may never see poor Ronin again after that effort. Embarrassing.

Sholl (46) – How is he getting a game? Best kick in the team? Doesn’t matter when you don’t kick it. As useless as a Nun’s……

Ridley (73) – He’s plummeting quicker than a crypto portfolio. Role is everything in fantasy.

McGrath (15) – Langford and Parish, all aboard. Essendon can’t catch a break, but it also helped them discover you should probably play midfielders in the midfield. Catch 22.

RCD (29) – Don’t let the door hit you on the way out mate.

Cripps (72) – When the tackles go, so does his scoring. Decent option, just don’t see him as anything more than a high 90’s guy. Anything better than that is a bonus. Better footballer than fantasy player.

Smith (44) – Sorry what? Caleb Daniel 10 CBA’s. Bazlenka zero. Luke Beveridge everybody.

Walters (46)

Fyfe (48) – This was bad before the injury, that was just the icing on the cake.

Darcy (93) – Why did I ever pick a Docker? Caleb Serong. And now my boy Big Sean. This ripped out a piece of my heart, I will be holding. It’s just a little one! He was going 120, but no matter. He’ll be back.

This Game Sh*ts Me

Fantasy Gods… You can take away my sanity. You can take away my happiness. Don’t take away my cult heroes. Taylor Adams has proven to be one of the AFL’s most injury prone players, and that was a question mark over his head when listed as a defender. He averaged 115. Was that worth the risk? You can only make your decisions based on form and form alone, and Sean Darcy was a great pick. Don’t let the captain hindsight crystal ball geniuses let you think otherwise. This game sh*ts me.

The Other Bits and Pieces

1675. It’s what I like to call the DP3 effect. I actually had one of the worst weeks you’re likely to see from a squad. Sholl. Embarrassing. O’Connor. May as well start his post season now. RCD. Playing left right out. I didn’t have the luxury of having 20-21 players like many others, so everything from RCD up was counted. How I managed to have 6 players score under 50 and scrape my way to a score that held my rank was a minor miracle. I guess a 320 from Charlie helps.

We are a mess at the selection table this week, I actually don’t know what we’re going to do without Darcy Parish. Having said that, I should comfortably have 20 this week, not including King Ronin and holding Sean Darcy. Even better than that, even with the 8 bye teams in Round 14 I should get to 21 players without any issue at all. In fact my team is going to be so setup in Round 14 I’ll be slightly disappointed if I don’t win the week.

It will be a double rookie fix up for me this week, I am looking ahead and cash generation is going to be a serious issue for me after Round 15. Ned Reeves looks awesome and is basically a lock for me this week, allowing me to hold Big Sean and hopefully generate some cash while doing so. Joel Amartey is also coming in so I have ruck forwards coming out of my ass. Whitfield is the only upgrade option I genuinely love this week, although Dan Houston’s name is still in the mix for me if I decide I can’t go another week with Lachy Sholl in my side.

Hunter -> Reeves

Waterman -> Amartey

RCD -> Whitfield

That cash in the bank can finally be put to use and it allows me to downgrade Jordon to a basement rookie next week. Talk about a cash grab. I hope fantasy don’t let me have 4-5 trades next week because my team will be bananas. I actually think the Richmond Eagles game switching helps fantasy managers, but of course I say that now. Just wait for carnage to strike in Round 14.

Good luck this week legends, just two more weeks to survive…

1. llizardofoz

June 8, 2021 at 8:16 am

I also hope that there is no big increase of trades.
    Like DPP upgrades it just gives the mugs a leg up.

• Muggsey

June 8, 2021 at 8:53 am

I wouldn’t mind a couple of bonus trades

• Burnt

June 8, 2021 at 9:09 am

Just remember there are more mugs out there who just play for fun. Luck plays a big part, so a bit of good fortune enables the mugs to win a game in their league.

• The Mugmeister

June 8, 2021 at 12:05 pm

I’m hoping for a few more trades

• Matt

June 8, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I think 4 was a fair call. It gives them a leg up, but also gives smart coaches a leg up too. I would have been able to bring in Langford, Neale and Mitchell in the same week if we had 5.

• Bill

June 8, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Most mug players wouldn’t have organised their teams well enough to have enough cash to make major changes in one week, no matter how many trades they get.

2. Squid

June 8, 2021 at 10:53 am

Thanks for the wrap, so my 1861 was pretty good then, thought so given I’ve had worse scores this year with 22. How can anyone have so many playing R14 with half the comp on bye, I’ll be scraping up 17 or 18 thanks to the bye shuffle.

• Matt

June 8, 2021 at 12:30 pm

1861 is massive. I barely had a round 14 bye keeper as it was, and I don’t have a single Richmond/Eagles player. Serong, Jordon and Sholl will go and it will leave me with emergencies

3. Jimmy

June 8, 2021 at 11:06 am

Lachie Hunter or Kyle Langford?? Bit of extra cash for Langford but has a better role and thus scoring potential right?

• Matt

June 8, 2021 at 12:31 pm

Langford for me.

4. yep

June 8, 2021 at 11:17 am

Hey lads which trades is better
    Option 1
    Darcy to ROB
    Collier Dawkins to Reeves
    Warner to Kelly
    Option 2
    Darcy to Reeves
    Warner to Kelly
    Jordon to Hall
    Cheers

• Daniel

June 8, 2021 at 1:33 pm

for sure 2. don’t bring ROB in for 1 game, r14 is a round where you will gain some points from having hall instead of ROB. then get rid of ol’ mate RCD

5. Dukx

June 8, 2021 at 11:54 am

I’m lucky I held Meed. Two players I have Traded into my team since Rnd 5 have been Treacy and last week in was Darcy for Grundy as I expected Darcy to go down sometime. Now we are on the second Bye and the Bulldogs have a rest this week i might just leave Darcy on the Pine and bring Meek on my ground as I have no Bulldog players once I Trade out Scott and that might be an advantage for my team as I think a lot of people will have the top Dogs in there side. Plus I should have 20 players on the ground then next week I think I should scrap in with 19 players. This is the only year out of the last 10 or so years I have been playing this game I am organized properly over the BYE Rounds. Last week I gained around 1000 spots. But I needed to LOL. Good luck to everyone playing the game

6. Matt

June 8, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Nice planning.

7. Jake

June 8, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Are these trades decent?
    Macrae –> Amartey
    Meek –> Reeves
    Rowbottom –> Langford

8. Marc Russell

June 8, 2021 at 12:46 pm

I need a Rd12 bye 170k debut, fingers crossed for Jai Newcombe…

9. Euman

June 8, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi Matt, i assume by Langford you mean Kyle from Bombers yes?

• Matt

June 9, 2021 at 3:23 am

Is there another one?!

• Euman

June 9, 2021 at 12:12 pm

lol good point

10. Daniel

June 8, 2021 at 1:29 pm

going amartey, whitfield and ?? houston?
    moving on hj, ridley and baz :(((
    up the planes and we always had faith in Darcy. such a legend. have brought in titch and now oliver for pathetic scores, hoping whitfield pumps a big one against the kangas

11. Bill

June 8, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Darcy has been injury prone in the past. When bringing in players like him you take your chances.

• Matt

June 9, 2021 at 3:23 am

Big fellas all good.

• Daniel

June 9, 2021 at 12:20 pm

I meant darcy parish. why else would I say up the planes

12. Jag67

June 8, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Did anyone else see briefly, that there were 4 trades available for this week. Now it’s back to 3.

• Dulcify

June 8, 2021 at 6:27 pm

SC and RDT will both have 4 trades in rounds 13 and 14.

• Euman

June 8, 2021 at 6:28 pm

SC and RDT both 4 trades. I heard rumour round 14 for fantasy we will get 4-5 trades due to number of teams on bye.

Love extra trades 5 would be just enough for me to completely stuff my team right up

• Bill

June 8, 2021 at 6:57 pm

Sounds like a week of premium sideways trades galore… That would stuff up any team, LOL.

13. Euman

June 8, 2021 at 6:22 pm

I went
    – Liam Baker to Whitfield
    – Powell to Briggs if he plays
    – jordon to Touk Miller

Round 14 Next week Warner (who won’t play so won’t drop in value) to Langford in forwards with 2 rookie swaps for cash

Round 16 operation get Grundy back hoping he plays round 15 drops in price with high break even

14. turtletucker

June 8, 2021 at 6:34 pm

Legends, rank the trade out order of the following: C. Warner, A. Scott, A. Waterman, J. Koschitzke, J. Rowe

• Euman

June 8, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Warner – will not play this week or next has to go but won’t lose any money so unless need the cash can hold
      , A. Scott, – bye b/e near average
      A. Waterman, – bye lower b/e
      J. Koschitzke, – b/e near average no cash
      J. Rowe – b/e near average no cash

No stand out will depend on
      – how much cash you need for trades
      – how many you got playing this week and next

If you need to max cash and upgrade then it’s Warner who has to go for mine

I held but had baker- jordon and Powell all playing and all set to lose cash kept Warner cause he ain’t playing

15. Belly

June 9, 2021 at 12:31 am

Would someone be able to let me know the BE of the following please:
    Phillips,Jordan, RCD, Rowe and Scott.
    Thanks.

• Thebopper58

June 9, 2021 at 7:43 am

Belly

The BE’s can be found on Footywire
      Phillips (85) Jordan (95) RCD (59) Rowe (59) Scott (50)
      Good luck

• Belly

June 9, 2021 at 11:04 am

Thanks mate but they have been Inaccurate for the past couple of weeks on there.
        Bianco,Reeves,Amartey are showing as 0 which is wrong.
        Kozi showing as 68 when it’s 56. Flynn showing 63 when it’s 39.

So if someone has the accurate ones that would be appreciated,
        Cheers

16. Thebopper58

June 9, 2021 at 7:35 am

Matt

Always a barrel of laughs especially with graphics
    I heard that Whitfield was walking laps at training
    Any truth to that rumor????

Thanks for your weekly input as brings us all back to reality
    Good luck for the rest of the year as the only way is up!!!!

• RICH

June 9, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Crisp or Whitfield long term?
      Already got Tim T, Kelly & Ward.
      Not sure I want 4 Giants in 22.