My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 12 (BYES 1)

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK1539.63.611643.541.5
SYD1585.23.50.71452.81.90.5
WB1654.44.71.31447.31.90.5
WCE1537.13.11.115953.71.1

1. Bman

May 31, 2021 at 11:34 am

Def: Mills, Laird, Stewart, Ridley, Daniel, Markov (Kozi, Sharp)
    Mid: Parish, Taranto, Bont, Zerrett, Walsh, Jordon, RCD, Byrnes (Bianco, O’Connor)
    Ruck: Gawn, Smith (Bryan)
    Fwd: Fyfe, Hind, Dusty, Phillips, Warner, Poulter (Waterman, Macrae)
    Uti: Treacy
    $400k in the kitty

I have 21 playing this week and need to prepare for round 13 (only 16 playing)

Absolutely no idea how to go about it due to the lack of rookies to downgrade to, but am thinking;

Macrae -> Heeney
    Sharp -> Rosas
    Bryan -> Reeves

Would love any feedback, cheers legends!!

• Ethan F

May 31, 2021 at 12:21 pm

I’d consider trading Koschitzke out as he’s starting to lose cash. I also prefer Madden over Rosas. Fan of Macrae -> Heeney and Bryan -> Reeves though.

• Bman

May 31, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Cheers for the reply Ethan! I’d much rather Madden over Rosas as well, however I can’t afford to trade in a rd13 bye player hence why I’m going with Rosas as he’s the only player that suits my bye but I’m not too sold on him

2. T

May 31, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Do I go Phillips to Mayne with 150k left, or Phillips to Heeney with 250k left?

• PowerAde

Laird, Doch, Short
    L Ash, Cummings,Harmes (Federick, Highmore

Merrett, Redden, Cripps, Ross
    Worpel, Jorden, Sholl, C-Dawkins (Bruhn, Scott

Grundy, Gawn (Treacy)

Kelly, Hall, Hind
    Phillips, Kosi, Poulter (Macrae, Brockman)

100k in bank

Should I bring in
    1. Heeney and a Mid along with a Rookie
    2 Two Rookies and McRae/Oliver

5. Captain_Pine_Apple_Crush

May 31, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Is there any chance any mid season draftees get selected this week?

6. Lachlan Weeeni

May 31, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Cripps/Hunter and Lloyd, or Sidebottom and B.Crouch

7. Bec

May 31, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hey Shelley, how u goin girl. U ignoring me lol.

From the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Shelley

May 31, 2021 at 6:27 pm

Sorry, Bec. Am busy at work.
      From the girl who likes having her navel fluff licked.

• Bec

May 31, 2021 at 6:42 pm

thats ok young lady,

u like ur navel fluff licked thats weird lol

what about peanut butter on your feet or putting ur feet in a bucket of bake beans licked off ur feet

hows ur trades this week girl

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Shelley

May 31, 2021 at 8:30 pm

My boyfriend handles my trades. And a few other things. He reckons I should trade Pendles and Farrar out for Bianco and Lyons or Took.

• Bec

May 31, 2021 at 8:35 pm

lol, u need to try ur feet in a bucket of something girl he may like it.

I would go Bianco and Took

Bianco is a must have to generate cash

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Shelley

May 31, 2021 at 9:35 pm

He is not sure who to give the flick to for the 3rd trade, Menadue, Markov and Kozzi are potentials

• Bec

May 31, 2021 at 11:03 pm

hey Shells,

answer me this question and I’ll answer yours :)

What would u put ur feet in a

bucket of bake beans or
                a bucket of porridge :)

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Warnie

June 1, 2021 at 8:10 am

I wouldn’t mind this conversation to not happen on here. I think I speak for a lot of people (judging by emails and tweets sent) about being over the whole feet thing.

You don’t need to mention it in your comments. Make your name ‘Feet Slime Girl’ and be done with it, no need to have it in your comments.

• Captain Helpful

June 1, 2021 at 8:27 am

So, Warnie… peanut butter or porridge?

• Phteven

June 1, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Is it Hawk?

8. Spaz

May 31, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Team-
    D. Laird, Crisp, Mills,Stewart, Harmes, Idun
    M. Macrae, Titch, Zerret, Taranto, McCluggage, Walsh, Jordon, RCD
    R. Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
    F. Hind, Hall, Warner, Robertson, Kozzie, Waterman

Idun(bye,maxed)->LHunter
    Warner(losing money)->Dusty
    Kozzie(bye, maxed)->Heeney

This leaves me with 4 rooks on the field. But I don’t know if 3 “midpricers” into my team is the best option at this stage of the season. Ideally dangerfield and Duncan come back into my team in 2-4 weeks. Still need docherty. Still need Zorko. Are there better options? Not many downgrade targets this week? And don’t know Grundy’s position.

• Ethan F

June 1, 2021 at 12:49 am

Love these trades, but now more Grundy news has came out. Would be bold to hold Grundy.

9. Brian Smith

May 31, 2021 at 4:22 pm

For this round I have 15 players, plus 2 possibles (Sweet, Scott). So I need to trade out some R12 bye players and I’m looking at Phillips to Heeney, Kozzie to a rookie (pick one on Friday), and Jiath to a mid priced D (eg Baker, Harmes, Moore). That means I’m carrying Grundy.
    Should I consider trading him since he’s out 3 weeks (2 injured plus bye)?

10. Dulcify

May 31, 2021 at 7:13 pm

With Grundy likely out until round 15, I am contemplating trading him to English. If English can play 2 of the 3 bye weeks and score 80 plus that would be acceptable. His DPP could be handy when Grundy returns, move English to the forward line and hopefully have the cash to be able to afford to get Grundy back in. The trade also adds $216K to the kitty which could be used to upgrade Phillips or Warner.

11. Bec

May 31, 2021 at 7:22 pm

The Grundy option, what to do.

I’m going to hold him this week I have potentially 19 players.
    Then trade Grundy next week to Reeves.

Which means I’ll be rolling with Gawn and hopefully Flynn with Reeves as cover.
    Grundy BE is high so I’ll look to get him back the week after he comes back.

Which means it will be time to flick Flynn and have Reeves as R3

Trying to get cash and play the BE game

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

12. Nanna Koo

May 31, 2021 at 7:41 pm

Team-
    D. Ridley, Stewart, Laird, Harmes, Cumming, Idun (Bianco, highmore)
    M. Crisp, Oliver, Taranto, Phillips, Bynes, Bont, Jordon, RCD (F.Macrae, Brockman)
    R. Grundy, Gawn (Flynn)
    F. Warner, Fyfe, Robertson, Hind, J.Kelly, Poulter (Koschitzke, Jowe)
    Ult. Meek
    90k in the kitty

two trades:
    Grundy -> Darcy
    Idun -> Madden
    Phillips -> Macrae
    with 61k left over

or

Grundy -> Darcy
    Meek -> Reeves
    Phillips -> Docherty
    with 8k left over

will take any other trades though.

13. Fishxma

May 31, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Hi guys – thoughts please

Option 1 – Sholl to Mills
    Option 2 – Highmore/scott to heeney
    Option 3 – Sholl to Heeney (with extra cash)

• Ethan F

June 1, 2021 at 1:04 am

Sholl to Mills if you want to be safe. Sholl to Heeney is probably the better move though.

14. Brian Smith

May 31, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Any info on what’s happening with Footywire with the BE data? Hasn’t been updated this week, so is there another source?

• Belly

May 31, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Yeah it’s still stuffed.
      Best I’ve found is fantasysports.win
      Bit basic but click into more on the BE buys section and it will give you every player listed in BE order.

15. James

May 31, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Hey guys,

So during the bye rounds, do we have to put the gun players who have their bye on the bench. Or can we just leave them on the field and the bench players scores will count automatically.

• Rusty

May 31, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Yes, swap out the players with the bye rounds and put them on the bench. Players on the bench don’t count. This round is obviously tricky but from next round, trade out those who are having their buys for premiums who have come off their byes, Look to improve your team through the byes and end up with more premiums than at the start of the byes

• Brian Smith

June 2, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Doesn’t matter where the Bye players are, just make sure all your Players are on the field. If they are not on the field, and not tagged with the E, they won’t count. Whether they are gun or not is completely irrelevant.

16. Bunda

June 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Got 800k to spend on any position, which premo player should I get? Whos the best value?

17. Bunda

June 1, 2021 at 1:02 pm

My trades:
    Lachie Young -> Bianco
    Grundy -> Gawn
    Serong -> ???

Got 800k, who should I trade Serong for, can be any position

• Ethan F

June 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Could try to get some value with a Cripps, Hunter or Heeney pick. I also like Steele, Wines, Mills and Crisp if you want an uber premium.

18. harv

June 2, 2021 at 10:15 am

Def: Laird, Hall, Short, Hind, Markov, Idun (burgess, frederick)
    Mid: Macrae, Merrett, TT, Walsh, Duncan, Jordon, RCD, Poulter (Bianco, Byrnes)
    Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Flynn)
    Fwd: Kelly, Dusty, Phillips, powell, Warner, Kosi (Jones, Rowe)

Need to get kosi off field but what to do with grundy? Only 7k in bank :(

19. Brian Smith

June 2, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Decided to trade Grundy – do I take a value premium (something like: average over 100, b/e under 80) or go straight to the top and get Macrea? I’ll trade Flynn + RCD back to Grundy around R15/16.