My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 11

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
WCE15453.21.11597.43.70.9

1. Harmes

May 24, 2021 at 8:30 am

1. Jordon to Byrnes or
    2. Flynn to Maddan?

May 24, 2021 at 11:54 am

Luxury trades. Probably 2, helps with byes and nets you a lot of cash. I’d be watching out for new rookies though.

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 10:40 am

1. for future cash gen, 2. for cash. But I’d look to trade jordon out the round before his bye, which is the last bye round. I’d go Flynn to byrnes if you can dpp.

2. Leon

May 24, 2021 at 8:44 am

I was totally shafted by the fantasy website.. Went to try and trade Farrar to Poulter just after the coin toss of the Geelong v Gold Coast game and the players were already locked!!!

What’s the bloody rule on lock out before each game anyway? For years i have been able to trade right up to virtually the first bounce of the game!

More confusing than umpiring calls this… Thanks for stuffing up my good year fantasy admin! F#@k I#

May 24, 2021 at 11:55 am

I feel that. Just try and get your trades locked in a good 5-10 minutes before first bounce from now on. Unlucky though, surely you’ll pick it up. I did the same trade but left Poulter on my bench lol.

• Macca

May 26, 2021 at 2:31 am

My heart bleeds….Why would you be doing trades after the coin toss ? You have at least 5 days to trade but you think it is a good idea to do this in the last 30 seconds ! Sucks for you hey.

• Warnie

May 26, 2021 at 6:55 am

The lockout is the scheduled start time of the game. Eg. 2:10pm AEST for the one you’re talking about there. If the game is delayed, even by a couple of mins, it will still lock at 2:10pm AEST. You’re probably watching on Kayo with a stream delay… or, maybe your story doesn’t add up.

3. Kent

May 24, 2021 at 8:47 am

1. Powell/Phillips for Hunter or Cripps/Bianco (or other potential rook, on bench)
    2. Powell/Kozi for Ridley and best option under 300k? Not much choice.. Lazzaro, Owies, Waterman – has to be fielded.
    Guessing 1!

• Kent

May 24, 2021 at 9:08 am

3. Cumming/Powell for Ridley/Heeney

May 24, 2021 at 11:56 am

Gotta be 1 I think.

4. graham

May 24, 2021 at 9:30 am

berg>L.jones
    treloar> oliver
    keep powell

thoughts?

May 24, 2021 at 11:57 am

Depends if Bergman is named and how long Treloar is out for. If it’s just a one week for Treloar I’d hold. Powell needs to be going out this week.

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 8:23 am

I’d focus on trading powell first because he is dropping cash. I’d wait to trade bergman next week because he won’t drop cash, and if he plays, he actually has a godo chance of breaking even.

5. JC

May 24, 2021 at 9:56 am

Is Jiath to Ridley a good idea? Will Ridley come good?

May 24, 2021 at 11:58 am

You’d think so but I’m more tempted by someone actually putting up solid scores like Daniel, or someone with value like Newman.

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 10:44 am

hes underpriced, but you can trust him to get 80-95 as of now. Hopefully he picks up his fantasy form and averages 90+ soon.

6. promo

May 24, 2021 at 10:08 am

what to do ???

b – mills,laird,docherty,stewart,daniel,cumming (kosi,sharp)
    m – Macrae,oliver,taranto,mitchell,merrett,jordon,byrnes,rcd (scott,f macrae)
    r – grundy,Gawn (hunter)
    F – hall,hind.phillips,warner,robertson,poulter(bergman, waterman)
    u – Brockman

any trade ideas ???

• Kent

May 24, 2021 at 10:31 am

Not sure of your cash but upgrade Phillips or Warner for Kelly etc, and downgrade Bergman maybe

May 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Good week to fix up a red dot I think. I’d do something like Phillips -> Heeney and Sharp/F.Macrae/Brockman -> rookie. If Bergman isn’t named, he can be downgraded to a safe rookie.

7. M8

May 24, 2021 at 10:48 am

Best forward or midfielder under $695k?

May 24, 2021 at 12:02 pm

I like Callan Ward and Ben Cunnington a lot but they have the R12 bye. Mayne looks good and has a good bye, Heeney is good value too.

• CJ

May 24, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Hunter

• Sugg

May 24, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Hunter/cripps/Smith/I smith/ fyfe/crouch/sidebottom there’s a lot

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 8:24 am

Hind, Sidebottom, Fyfe, crouch.

8. Jack

May 24, 2021 at 11:24 am

Currently ranked 2,779 any advice on what i should do with 58k in the bank.
    DEF
    Ziebell, Laird, Short, Cumming, Ridley, Prior( Kosi, L.Jones)
    MID
    Macrae, Merrett, TT, Steele, Walsh, Titch, Jordon, RCD( Byrnes, Ronin O’Connor)
    RUCK
    Grundy, McEvoy (Flynn)
    FWD
    Kelly, Hind, Warner, Dusty, Farrar, Poulter(Scott, Brockman)
    UTL
    (Macrae)
    Gone downhill in the past couple of rounds certainly looking to bounce back. Many obvious worries just need help with prior-ities and good targets.
    Any Suggestions???

May 24, 2021 at 12:04 pm

I’d be going Farrar -> Heeney. Play around with rookie downgrades and see if you can generate the cash by downgrading Brockman/F.Macrae. Downgrading Koschitzke isn’t the end of the world, though.

• Brian Smith

May 25, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Maybe McEvoy to Lobb before R12?

9. Josh K

May 24, 2021 at 12:14 pm

My trades for this week. Whats the best

1. McEvoy and Jordon to Gawn and Byrnes.

2. McEvoy and Flynn to Gawn and Maddon.

3. Flynn and Meek to Byrnes and Poulter.

1 2 or 3

May 24, 2021 at 3:38 pm

I like 1 so long as you don’t have any popular underperforming mid-pricers like Sholl, Jiath, Powell, Phillips, etc because they all need to go first.

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 8:25 am

Gotta get gawn in. 1..

10. Bob

May 24, 2021 at 12:21 pm

too late to get Hall?

powell->Hall + 150k

or

powell-> macrae (or any other mid) via robertson dpp (no cash)

dont have macrae (I know!), but thinking this might be the last week to get hall, and always like having a bit of cash in the bank for next week.

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 3:33 pm

not too late

• Phteven

May 25, 2021 at 11:15 am

Not too late. Think he could a premium D or F by seasons end.

11. Screech

May 24, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Thoughts on Treloar> Oliver & Phillips> Poulter w/150k? it means I have lots of good premiums and my rookies on field are Poulter, Byrnes, Warner, RCD, Jordon & D Robertson. It seems too many rookies on field, but they are all the good rooks and it sets up my bye structure really well….

May 24, 2021 at 3:39 pm

I like it.

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 4:09 pm

OR/ should I keep Phillips one more week and offload him, markov and kozi on the bye. trade Warner instead which leaves only 5 rookies on field and banking 100k+. so only rcd jordon byrnes poulter and d Robertson on field…thx for your feedback Ethan

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 4:10 pm

ive got enough bye coverage

May 24, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Phillips is leaking more cash than Warner but scoring a bit more. It’s up to you I think, not a huge difference either way. Depends on who you think will score more this week.

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Thanks man! psychologically it feels better having less rookies on the field. The way I see it, Warner doesn’t have the role anymore and Phillips still does. Gold Coast are apparently easy to score against but he does play for Hawthorn lol. If I don’t get rid of Warner now, I never will…haha

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 11:35 pm

OR/ do I go one extreme further and trade Warner to Heeney & Treloar to Brayshaw/Petracca/Walsh type player and have only FOUR rookies on field in RCD Dev Rob Jordon & Byrnes?

May 25, 2021 at 1:49 am

I prefer your first trades. Heeney isn’t worth the extra $150k when Poulter is rising in price so rapidly, has good job security, etc. By the time their bye comes up, they’ll be close in price anyway.

12. Josh

May 24, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Is trading Trelaor a luxury this week if I have the ability to field Byrnes? I have other problems on my field to worry about.

• Belly

May 24, 2021 at 3:30 pm

He’s out for 6-8 weeks.

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Treloar is out for 6-8 weeks and is having surgery on his ankle/syndesmosis…MUST TRADE

13. CJ

May 24, 2021 at 3:28 pm

Which option? Either way, trading Warner for another round 14 bye player. Option 1 gets a rookie off my field, but so tempted to finally get Macrae.

1. Heeney & Hunter

2. Poulter & Jack Macrae

• Screech

May 24, 2021 at 3:32 pm

I think 2 gets your two quality players and 1 gets you two average players, but in saying that macrae is extremely expensive however is must have and also comes with C option every week. 2 for mine…

May 24, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I agree with Screech. 2 for me.

14. K

May 24, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Pick a premo defender 700-750k! I have Mills and Laird.
    Hall, Crisp, Doch? Feel like I need Hall to match others atm.

• Ben

May 24, 2021 at 4:15 pm

I like the look of Doch if you have the cash. Surely he finishes as a top 6 defender, or pretty close to it. He’s on my list to try and grab through the byes.

May 24, 2021 at 5:30 pm

I was in the market for a premium DEF this week. I wanted Docherty the most but didn’t have enough for him. Settled on Crisp for now. Would say Hall is slightly ahead of Crisp (already have him).

15. Ben

May 24, 2021 at 4:13 pm

Hi everyone, I didn’t see any footy on the weekend… Can someone fill me in on what happened with Houston. He scored 45! was he injured again?

Aside form that early look at my trades is:
    Treloar + Cumming to Byrnes and Oliver + 347k to work some bye rounds magic next week.

Thoughts and help much appreciated.

• K

May 24, 2021 at 4:19 pm

That trade and cash sounds delicious if no other dire rooks on field.

• Ben

May 24, 2021 at 4:28 pm

I have a few that I have plans for before their byes, Like Warner and Idun. I have Cox and either Rowe or Farrar up forward to deal with. So depending on who’s named one of those may go this week instead of Cumming.

I’m hoping a bit of luck and some decent scores mean I can double upgrade before 1st or second bye rounds.

16. Lachlan Weeeni

May 24, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Sholl and Jiath out for either Docherty and Heeney or Rich and Newman/ Harmes
    Or
    Sholl and Phillips for either Docherty and Newman/Harmes or L Hunter/ P. Cripps and Sidebottom

May 24, 2021 at 5:32 pm

Sholl & Jiath -> Docherty & Newman (for a POD) in my opinion. Docherty is awesome.

17. cwatto

– Dusty?

Any suggestions welcome please

May 24, 2021 at 8:12 pm

Sier & Powell to Poulter (or Byrnes if you have Poulter) and Heeney

• cwatto

May 24, 2021 at 9:12 pm

cheers, i have poulter so will bring in byrnes and heeney

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 10:42 am

just saying dusty has a really good run coming up, and he’s dusty. should average 90-95 from now on.

18. Brian Smith

May 24, 2021 at 6:12 pm

Powell is my first trade. For my second I have three options. Which looks better:
    – Jiath to D.Moore (last 3 average 102, be 32)
    – Kozzie to Poulter? Both on ground
    – Or Brockman to any green dot on the bench.

May 24, 2021 at 8:13 pm

I like Koschitzke to Poulter.

• Josh K

May 24, 2021 at 8:51 pm

1. McEvoy and Jordon to Gawn and Byrnes

2. Rozee and Flynn R3 to L Hunter and Poulter.

3. Flynn and Meek to Byrnes and Poulter.

1 2 or 3

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 10:43 am

Get poulter in, and moore has first bye which doesnt help, unles your team doesn’t have enough first bye players.

May 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm

I assume he meant Darcy Moore, who has the R14 bye.

19. Josh K

May 24, 2021 at 8:51 pm

1. McEvoy and Jordon to Gawn and Byrnes

2. Rozee and Flynn R3 to L Hunter and Poulter.

3. Flynn and Meek to Byrnes and Poulter.

1 2 or 3

• Cam

May 24, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Heeney, Sidebottom or Hunter?

• JMD012

May 24, 2021 at 10:46 pm

I like 3 for cash generation and 1 for long term success

May 25, 2021 at 1:52 am

Probably 1. Gawn is a must, grab him whilst he’s bottomed out.

20. JMD012

May 24, 2021 at 10:46 pm

My dilemma looks like this
    Cripps (Trade in) and then Waterman (on field)
    Hunter (Trade in) and then Byrnes (on field)
    Am not sure which combination will be most beneficial for the next 2 weeks especially because that is when Waterman will be traded out. Then beyond after the byes.
    What does everyone think?

May 25, 2021 at 1:55 am

Hunter & Byrnes. Treloar’s out for a while so Hunter should get more CBAs. Byrnes is generating too much cash to miss out on.

21. Denny

May 25, 2021 at 1:04 am

Which forward to pick – J Kelly, A Hall?

May 25, 2021 at 1:57 am

Kelly if you value safety, security and history. Hall if you’re riskier. Check your byes though because most people are stacked on the R12 bye (the same one GWS and North Melbourne have).

22. Creepy Brucey from ClownTown

May 25, 2021 at 5:23 am

Which Def rookie has best JS? Murray or Madden?

May 25, 2021 at 10:38 am

Not confident on either of them. Probably Madden but you should try to avoid them both. Go to a $170k rookie if any are named.

23. Jamie

May 25, 2021 at 8:04 am

1. Warner down to ladhams and jaith to Newman or 2. Atu down to weightman and jaith to newman??

• Aby Benny

May 25, 2021 at 10:41 am

2, jiath has first round bye so good to trade now.

May 25, 2021 at 10:42 am

I’d back a Warner -> Heeney, Jiath -> Newman.

24. Jamie

May 25, 2021 at 11:03 am

Im only a couple grand of doing that…

25. Screech

May 25, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Treloar to B Smith + 200k or get an uber premium in Petracca/ Walsh and which one?

May 25, 2021 at 5:06 pm

I like the value in Bailey Smith and that cash will be nice for the byes. Obviously Petracca/Walsh is safer though. I’d probably go with Smith but Petracca isn’t far behind.

26. Nicholas Lawton-Wade

May 25, 2021 at 2:51 pm

cumming to crisp and phillips to heeney or cumming to mills and phillips to a rookie

May 25, 2021 at 5:03 pm

First option, unless you can do Phillips -> Poulter/Byrnes. In which case, second option.

27. Fishxma

May 25, 2021 at 9:17 pm

Hi guys – first trade this round is Powell to Byrnes leaves 271k

Second trade?

Option 1- Do I go Rob to Grundy which only leaves 26k for bye round (note have Flynn playing at R2 over Rob) or
    Option 2 – Phillips to premium and who? or
    Option 3 – Phillips to Heeney which banks 314k to use with 3 trades first bye round?

Thoughts please

May 26, 2021 at 3:33 pm

It’s got to be ROB to Grundy. It feels bad because you’re using so much cash but the difference is 40-50 points a week. Worth it.

28. Fishxma

May 25, 2021 at 9:27 pm

For above team is

Laird short Hind Ridley Harmes Markov (jones highmore)

Macrae Merrett TT Mitchell Heppell Sholl Powell RCD (Jordan Scott)

Gawn Flynn (Rob)

Zieball Hall Phillips Poulter Warner Robertson (kozi Rowe)

Utility – Sharp

113k in bank

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated – thanks guys

29. Wathen FC

May 26, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Trades:
    OUT Treloar, Phillips
    IN Macrae, Poulter

Team:
    DEF Mills, Lloyd, Docherty, Ridley, Markov, Jiath [Bergman, Khamis]
    MID Macrae (VC), Oliver, Merrett, Laird, Jordon, Berry, Byrnes, Collier-Dawkins [McNeil, Brockman]
    RUC Gawn, Grundy [Flynn]
    FWD J.Kelly, Hall, Warner, Koschitzke, Rowe, Poulter [H.Jones, Treacy]
    UTL [A.Scott]

30. Phteven

May 26, 2021 at 6:47 pm

Eek. Gold Coast versus hawthorn postponed due to covey. It’s hitting the fan again

• Belly

May 26, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Hasn’t been postponed(yet) it’s just not being played in Darwin but will hopefully be moved to another venue.
      If that can’t be done then this round effectively becomes their bye round instead of R12.
      If the latter happens that will impact some teams in being able to field 22 this week or at least their preferred 22…

• JT & Frenchy, Gangsta Boyz

May 26, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Read somewhere, its being played sometime later in the season

31. Fishxma

May 26, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Hi guys – thoughts please

Trading Powell to Byrnes – second trade do I go

1. Rob to Grundy leaves only 26k left (have Gawn and Flynn) or

2. Scott to Weightman leaves 285k and fixes a probable red dot ( do option 1 later or next round?)

32. Jack

May 27, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Currently ranked 2,779 any advice on what i should do with 58k in the bank.
    DEF
    Ziebell, Laird, Short, Cumming, Ridley, Prior( Kosi, L.Jones)
    MID
    Macrae, Merrett, TT, Steele, Walsh, Titch, Jordon, RCD( Byrnes, Ronin O’Connor)
    RUCK
    Grundy, McEvoy (Flynn)
    FWD
    Kelly, Hind, Warner, Dusty, Farrar, Poulter(Scott, Brockman)
    UTL
    (Macrae)
    Any Suggestions???

May 27, 2021 at 6:44 pm

Scott -> Bianco via DPP with Koschitzke. Then I think I’d do Prior -> Heeney. You could also upgrade Farrar instead of Prior if you wanted to get your bye structure to a really good position.

33. Jay

May 27, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Which one rookie not to field this week 🤔
    Kos/ Jordan/ poulter/ RCD/ Robertson/ Warner/ Cox

May 28, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I wouldn’t field Koschitzke, personally.

34. Lucas

May 27, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Lachie Hunter or Bailey Smith?

• Gandreg

May 30, 2021 at 1:04 pm

Huntdawg

35. Jay

May 27, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Now with more outs my bench has 5 non players, do I keep Powell and lose cash or trade and hope can fix over the byes

May 28, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Think you’ve gotta jump off Powell this week. Three trades next week so use two to fix up red dots and the third to upgrade a fattened cash cow.