My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 13 (BYES 2)

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK1456.83.61.11632.13.81.4
SYD1578.63.30.71460.620.7
WB1634.24.61.31449.220.4
WCE1543.33.21.21591.93.51.1

1. Tom

June 6, 2021 at 9:59 pm

I’ve got Jordan sweet who I was going to trade to reeves but now stef Martin is injured should I hold til after round 14 or still go to reeves?

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:29 am

R13 is WBD bye, so you might as well trade to get the option of Reeves score (if he’s in your top 18). Martin could be back by R14 in which case you’ve kept Sweet for nothing.

• Aby Benny

June 7, 2021 at 3:11 pm

if reeves is named i’d go to him, more cash gen.

2. Thebopper58

June 6, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Warnie
    Currently they’ve got the WCE and Tiger players with blue bye dots
    When will that be corrected???

Good luck over the byes it’s always tough but next week -OUCH!!!

• The Cricket

June 6, 2021 at 11:44 pm

And the Eagles v Tigers game isn’t listed in the app’s match centre

3. BJ

June 6, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Any thoughts on getting an extra trade due to the fixtures changing?

• The Cricket

June 6, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Bwaahahahah!

4. Tom

June 6, 2021 at 10:25 pm

I have 800k to spend this week, preferably a MID or FWD. Do i go all out for a premo such as Keays or Walsh, and leave myself with little cash, or do I go to a Dusty type and save myself another 200k to use next week?

• Tom

June 6, 2021 at 10:35 pm

For context, the trade is Farrar out for someone else, I’ve thought of Amartey in and then giving myself 600k next week to use to upgrade Jordon and RCD potentially, thoughts?

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:30 am

I’m trading prob Jordon this week coz of his high be. He’ll lose me cash if I wait to trade him next week.

• Liam Read

June 7, 2021 at 9:27 am

you could grab tom mitchell coming off his bye. otherwise keays is a good op, though merrett is under 800k is you are willing to bring in this week

5. Jason

June 6, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Warner, Highmore and Jordan probably survive because I need the bodies for Round 13.

I was lining up to farewell Essendon’s Cox but after 100+, that’s thrown a spanner in the works.

Ridley from Essendon has been disappointing the last 3 weeks and thinking to upgrade him?

Depending on selections for the round downgrade someone like Harrison Jones to a player from a round 13 bye team to help with the Ridley upgrade.

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:35 am

Agree – my call is Ridley now to get points in R13, or Jordon now to avoid losing $ next round. For you – Warner will lose a truckload of cash this round, but Ridley won’t lose you any. Tough call.

6. Stimpy

June 7, 2021 at 12:40 am

DEF Laird, Whitfield,Llyod,Ridley,Cumming,Bianco (Gould,Mansell)

MIDS Macrae, Merrett,Taranto,Walsh,Gaff,Jordon,Byrnes,RCD (L.Edwards,Macrae)

RUCKS Gawn,Grundy (Flynn)

FWDS Zorko,Kelly,Sidebottom,Weightman,Poulter,Thilthorpe(Waterman,Jones)

UTL Meek

CASH $8K

Thinking Flynn down to Amertey, Jordon up to someone 3rd trade im not sure any help would be great Cheers

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:42 am

You look pretty light for R14, so I would keep Flynn for now. Maybe take someone who has R14 bye and will lose the most cash in R13, down to a rookie playing in R14. Or any non-player like Mansell down to a new rookie for some cash.

7. Jarrod

June 7, 2021 at 1:13 am

Already have the big boys of Macrae, Merrett, Oliver. I’m torn this week between going for one of Kelly / Whitfield and leaving a little cash in the bank or for going to Miller / Duncan and spending up. What would you do?

• Squid

June 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm

All are great, I’d choose whoever gets the worst player off my field.

8. Tony

Kelly,Hall,Dusty
    Poulter, Rowe, Amatery
    (H.Jones, Wilson)

Utility:
    Fullarton

I have 830k in the bank and
    I’m looking to bring in Whitfield
    and some more premiums in this
    week. What should I do?

• Daniel

June 7, 2021 at 8:18 am

fullarton can go up to a premium, hj down to a rookie then frederick/highmore/sharp/berry/wilson up

9. Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:45 am

Looks like you’re very low for R14, so I would take a R14 bye player like Jordon (who is going to lose cash) up to a prem mid with R12 bye like Touk.

10. Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 1:50 am

Two trades are sorted, but the third is either Jordon (losing cash now and R14 bye) or Ridley (R13 bye & losing $ then) out. I’m thinking going to a premium like Whitfield or maybe Hall, or maybe a mid-priced to earn me some $ like Ward.
    Jordon to Whitfield leaves me with $1, Ward has the same three round average, lower b/e and $100 cheaper.
    Who goes out & who comes in? Cheers

• Jay

June 7, 2021 at 6:15 am

Jordan out, depends what your team looks like if need another premium or can go with ward and have cash for next round to get another premium

11. Jay

June 7, 2021 at 6:06 am

Which 2 to bring in out of
    Ward/ J kelly/ Whitfield

• Aby Benny

June 7, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Whitfield kelly

• Ashley

June 7, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Order would be Whitfield, Kelly, Ward.

12. Promo

June 7, 2021 at 9:29 am

D : Mills, Laird, Dochety, Stewart, Daniel, Cumming (Bianco,Sharp)
    M : Macrae, Taranto, Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Jordon, Byrnes, RCD (Scott, O,Connor)
    R : Gawn, Grundy ( Reeves)
    F : Zorko, Hall, Hind, Heeney, Warner, Poulter ( Robertson, Watermen)
    U : Macrae
    Bank : 22k

Any Thoughts, Think of going dev rob and scott down and getting RCD up to kelly?

• Dulcify

June 8, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Promo, your team as it is will struggle in round 14. If this was my team I would trade out Jordon, RCD and Warner. You will then have $1380K to spend on three upgrades of your choice. Hope this helps, good luck.

13. Euan

June 7, 2021 at 9:40 am

I want to get rid of Kos and warner, however not sure who to bring in for him. Any potential downgrade options that are viable?

• Jake

June 7, 2021 at 10:46 am

do you have bianco already?

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 10:25 pm

At Warner’s price you should be looking to go up. If you can’t get to a full Prem, then maybe someone like Ward, Hopper, Cunnington? Koz goes down to any warm body on the bench. Wait until Thursday/Friday so you can see who’s playing.

14. Caleb

June 7, 2021 at 10:18 am

Too early or go Byrnes to Duncan? Byrnes still will go up a bit more but I’m not always gonna have the chance to get Duncan.

15. Jake

June 7, 2021 at 11:06 am

Hi guys I’m really stuck on what to do – I’m not so concerned about my overall ranking as I am more focused on my competition (we aren’t playing bye rounds)

DEF: Laird, Docherty, Stewart, Daniel, Markov, Bianco (Kosi, Frederick)

MID: Macrae, Taranto, Merrett, Treloar, Rowbottom, Martin, Jordon, Byrnes (RCD, O’Connor)

RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Meek)

FWD: Hall, Kelly, Smith, Hind, Heeney, Poulter (Robertson, Macrae)

UTIL: (Downie)

$62K in the bank

Help would be much appreciated!!

• kent

June 7, 2021 at 12:34 pm

I see why you’ve held Treloar if you’re going for a league win, but if he’s out for a while longer after the byes it’d be worth a value trade now? especially given RCD is cover and richmond players are coming back in so less cba. am no expert tho!!

• Johnny

June 7, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Holding Treloar is actually very dumb

16. K

June 7, 2021 at 11:21 am

Need to get rid of Rowe, H.Jones and Phillips. I can really only get Dusty plus 2 downgrades under 200k and options aren’t jumping at me.

17. Fishxma

June 7, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Hi guys – getting rid of Flynn(R3) + Warner + Jordan
    What is best option to bring in? (Does not affect bye structure/coverage)

Option 1 – Amartey + Kelly + Whitfield or

Option 2 – Reeves + Kelly + Dusty

• Aby Benny

June 7, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Option 1, whitfield top 6 defender easily.

• Ashley

June 7, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Option 1, and it isn’t close. I am assuming that neither of Amartey or Reeves would be on field.

18. Aby Benny

June 7, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Hall or Whitfield?

• Aby Benny

June 7, 2021 at 3:20 pm

already have ziebell.

• Jezza

June 7, 2021 at 8:30 pm

Get both, but Whitfield this round 100%

19. Western Warrior

June 7, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Dumping Grundy to Amartey which allows Warner and Jordan up to Duncan and Whitfield. Play Flynn who i have on the bench for a few weeks to cover. The hope being that i can grab Grundy a bit cheaper in a few weeks when he comes back.

20. soss

June 7, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Def: Laird, Hall, Short, Markov, Hind, Biano- (Idun, Frederick)
    Mid: Duncan, Macrae, Merrett, TT, Walsh, Jordon, Poulter, Byrnes (RCD, Edwards)
    Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (flynn)
    Fwd: Dusty, Kelly, Phillips, Heeney, Warner, Rowe(waterman,jones)

Utl- fullarton

157k in bank- thinking flynn to amartey but who is the biggest priority to get out?

• Tom

June 7, 2021 at 7:51 pm

biggest priorities are Warner, Rowe and Phillips. If Flynn down to Amartey gives you the cash then go for it. But definitely look to move Warner and Rowe on ASAP, then I’d move Phillips and Jordon on next week

21. SEBBBE

June 7, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Last week I had the Grundy issue and traded in S Darcy…..

This week I go in with $202K in the bank but need to trade Darcy to someone and I’m also looking to offload one of Ridley or the small potatoe (C Daniel).

My Question is should I trade C Daniel or Ridley?

Before the trade I have 17 playing, but that includes 2 of Collier-Dawkins, Ralphsmith or F Macrea

Current Trade plans have me trading
    S.Darcy > N Reeves
    J Ridley or C Daniel > L Whitfield
    H Jones > J Ziebell

Current Rank is 677

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers legends!

• Ashley

June 7, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Personally, would be trading Ridley first then Daniel when you can.

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Darcy to Ladhams, Ridley to Whitfield and Jones to Higgins if you can’t afford Ziebell.

• Squid

June 8, 2021 at 12:10 am

Rank 677, you don’t need our help just keep riding your luck……. surely you have better options than Ziegull though, he hasn’t been getting many chips for a while Hall’s been pinching them.

• SEBBBE

June 8, 2021 at 7:54 am

Will go hall for the extra cash I guess. Unsure about my structure atm with 7premium/ mid privet defenders (whitfield Heppell and Laird mid)
        5 premium mids
        1 premium ruck now
        4 premium forwards.
        Will be using a lot of dpp this week.
        Thanks legends!

• SEBBBE

June 8, 2021 at 8:01 am

My team for reference after above proposed trades:
          Ridley, Markov, Lloyd, L Jones,Whitfield, Laird ( Docherty, Heppell)
          Taranto, Walsh, Bont, Macre, Merrett, Byrnes, RCD, Jordan ( Ralphsmith, O’Connor)
          Gawn, Reeves (Meek)
          Billings, Kelly, Hall, Sidebottom, Robertson, Poulter (Rowe, Macrea)
          Utility Bianco

22. Fishxma

June 7, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Hi guys – who should go this round out of Jordan and Phillips? Thinking it would be Jordan as still to have bye – thoughts please

• Jezza

June 7, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Has to be Jordan, he’s done his job
      And Phillips can go next week or week after

• Ashley

June 7, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Phillips has been a thorn in a few sides this year, if you can offload him and Jordon this week, that might be the way to go. But if you can only trade one, it would have to be Jordon – will lose value this week and Phillips won’t change much.

23. Fishxma

June 7, 2021 at 8:30 pm

Also is Reeves worth the extra 45k over Amartey ?(considering byes and job security) – Thanks guys for any input

• Jezza

June 7, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Reeves is a great pick if named due to his negative 21 breakeven and the cash he will make you and Amartey surely has to hold after his decent performance, he looks ready for this level
      Both good picks

• Brian Smith

June 7, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Over the next 2 rounds, Reeves will score 70+70, and go up prob +30, +30. But Amartey will score 70+bye, and go up +30. Looks pretty easy to work this out to me. Amartey worth $230 vs Reeves worth $300

• Yosef

June 7, 2021 at 10:40 pm

If reeves scores 60 he’s going up 50k

24. Ashley

June 7, 2021 at 9:35 pm

D: Laird, Docherty, Stewart, Harmes, Cumming, Idun (Koschitzke, Burgess)
    M: Macrae, Merrett, Oliver, Taranto, Lyons, RCD, Byrnes, Jordon (Bianco, O’Connor)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn, Reeves)
    F: Kelly, Zorko, Hind, Heeney, Phillips, Poulter (Jones, Rowe)
    Cash: 71k

Currently looking at Koschitzke, Rowe/Jones and Idun for Whitfield, Amartey and someone around 200-270k.

Would appreciate any advice!!

• Squid

June 8, 2021 at 12:22 am

Just make sure you don’t get caught short R14, looking at this you already are struggling for 18 so unless you plan on tanking I’d be looking at moving on RCD, Jordan & Rowe for your best options likely to play.

25. James

June 8, 2021 at 10:08 am

I have an opportunity to trade Harmes up to Touk Miller this week. This helps my team to have up to 16 Round 14 players to make 18/19 players a strong possibility for round 14 but it also keeps Robertson; RCD; Bianco on the field for now.

or Robertson up to Whitfield in the midfield (reduces a rookie to just RCD and Bianco but no help to Round 14 Byes).

Any thoughts?

26. Gerbil

June 8, 2021 at 10:50 am

Should I trade in Wines / Walsh or Touk Miller / Callan Ward?

27. Jay

June 8, 2021 at 5:08 pm

Pick best combo

1) Whitfield/ ward/ bont
    2) Whitfield/ j Kelly/ Langford

28. Kurt

June 8, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Thoughts on Mabior Chol for a cash grab?
    My other trades this week will be Whitfield and Reeves from Warner and Jordon. I want to get rid of Braeden Campbell and Chol looks like he has some value with Nank out..?

• Justin Stitchup

June 8, 2021 at 9:42 pm

I had a look at Chol. Awkwardly priced

• Kurt

June 8, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Yep fair. He has a low breakeven and works a tad better for my byes than Amartey but in the end Amartey will get more cash for me so he’s probably better regardless

• Cooper

June 8, 2021 at 9:55 pm

I like that Chol is a straight swap for Rowe. I traded Amartey in too

29. Fishxma

June 9, 2021 at 12:17 am

Hi guys – can u please rank in order who will score more for rest of season from these these guys –
    Wines, Mitchell, Whitfield, Kelly

• Brian Smith

June 9, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Whitfield, Kelly, Wines, Mitchell

30. Stimpy

June 9, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hi everyone need help choosing

DEF Whitfield,Laird,Llyod,Ridley,Cumming,Bianco ( Mansell,Gould)

MIDS Macrae,Merrett,Taranto,Walsh,Gaff,Jordan,Byrnes,RCD (Edwards,Macrae)

RUCKS Gawn,Grundy(Meek)

FWDS Zorko,Sidebottom,Kelly,Poulter,Weightman,Thilthorpe( Waterman,Jones)

Utl Flynn

Thinking 1) Mansell to check rookie(Briggs if playing)..2Flynn to Amartey 3. Jordon to (Miller,,Parish)

Or 1 Mansell to Briggs..2 Flynn to Amartey 3 RCD to Hall( via Bianco)

Thoughts Cheers.

Grundy, Gawn
    (Flynn )

Kelly, hall , Phillips, owies , Rowe , weighman
    ( lynch , Jones )

Ult – meek

Bank – 747k

Don’t play during byes, next moves please

33. Fishxma

June 9, 2021 at 10:11 pm

If both named who to field out of Flynn and Reeves? (Does it change things if Mummy also plays?)