My Team

My Team 2021: Version 1.2

There’s been plenty of My Team chat, so add some more!

Fantasy is open for 2021! It’s quite a bit earlier than usual, so there’s no excuse for not having time to play with your team for what we hope will be a normal season coming up.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:25pm AEDT, Thursday 18 March at the bounce of Richmond v Carlton.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of your $13m salary cap. For all prices, click here.

Previous My Team Posts

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: X55XS3Z9
Click here to join

bailey

February 16, 2021 at 10:42 am

def; stewart, williams, clark, milera, h.young, gould (170ks)
    mid; oliver, adams, steele, cripps, rowell, powell, phillips, valente (170ks)
    ruck; ROB, pruess (170ks)
    fwd; dangerfield, heeney, phillips, caldwell, cockatoo, rowe (170ks)

need feedback ASAP, anything will help i think im done now, thoughts?

Chris

February 16, 2021 at 10:47 am

Heeney and danger have both had interrupted pre seasons so they do come with risk, and not sure if valente will suit up round 1.

bomberpap

February 16, 2021 at 10:50 am

Obviously a little bit of time before the season starts… But some pre-season injury concerns for Danger, Adams and even Heeney. So monitor those.

I don’t think Steele will replicate last season’s effort because Brad Crouch may impact him a little.

Not sold on the job security of Clark.. and I don’t believe Valente or Powell will be selected round 1.

Like the Stewart and Cripps picks.

February 16, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Agree with these points made above.

To follow on,

– Defence for me seems a bit weak, I would prefer a Laird type or someone else above 600k to strengthen the value picks and the rookie onfield. If I were to make an early prediction I think we may need a Gould on the bench to cover the lack of cheap defender options similar to what we saw last year. We will likely not get x3 cheap defenders, so I would also look at strengthen this D6.

– I don’t personally see the benefit of ROB over Grundy when there is only a 40k difference.

– Monitor Caldwell’s role, he has only just reached double figures in terms of games played and is 500k I am somewhat less keen over this selection as others.

dondasash

February 16, 2021 at 11:53 am

Hey guys, Tom Green or Nick Blakey? Currently rolling with Nick Blakey
    Think both have potential upside. Tom Green looks to have a better potential role if he does get inside mid time but i don’t reckon he’d have long in there and would definitely have to spend some time forward, also not so sure on job security but if he did cement a spot in the lineup could offer good value considering I don’t think GWS want to lose another young mid
    Meanwhile Blakey has really good job security and also has upside with that wing role. Also has Dpp fwd status so I can rotate him in as my f6 and have my one rookie in the mid rather than fwd which offers some more flexibility in my team. Just not sure how high his ceiling will be and how much he can build on his average
    Any thoughts or info on either player would be appreciated!

February 16, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Neither for me.

Giants are well equipped with Coniglio, Hopper, Taranto, De Boer, Ward & Greene who has the potential to float through. I just don’t see enough CBAs.

As for Blakey, he is 450k and around that price I would prefer Stephenson. If Buddy Franklin was a starter then I would be more confident in his role but I still think there may be a need to play as a forward target.

February 16, 2021 at 12:04 pm

Josh Kelly could also be included in the centre bounces.

bomberpap

February 16, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Blakey better JS, but Tom Green better role when he gets a gig. I think traditionally players who find themselves on a wing barely have the ceiling to reach good scores – Gaff is the exception, and Whitfield to a lesser extent. Both are known for extremely good endurance, which I can’t comment on for Blakey.

If I’m picking between the two I’d want Green because he can plays like a young Clayton Oliver and will be around the ball when he gets the chance. Just might want to see if he plays in the AAMI match and what CBA percentage he’s at first.

Blakey I think you can wait and see – no use banking on him before the season starts, he doesn’t have a massive ceiling so isn’t going to soar in value if you miss a few weeks without him.

February 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Should role permit both then Green has the greater fantasy upside.

He’s definitely a player of interest but the attraction seems to be because Hately and Caldwell have left. However, none of them were playing in a role that would be of viable increase to Green’s scoring.

Mad Fish

February 16, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Is this too mid priced? Would love some thoughts.

DEF: Laird, Williams, Harmes, Milera, Cumming, H Young, (Gould, Wehr)
    MID: Zerrett, Taranto, Prestia, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Hately, Phillips, (RCD, Valente)
    RUCK: ROB, Preuss, (Fullarton)
    FWD: Marshall, Phillips, Rozee, Stephenson, Cockatoo, Bosenavulagi, (Chugg, Bergman)
    UTILITY: Mead
    $1k remaining

February 16, 2021 at 1:13 pm

I think it balances fairly well, a lot of good selections.
      However, there is always the adage that some midpricers will work and some will flop hence the “madness” term.

Defence is the same as mine apart from Harmes for Docherty.
      I think this selection is a big watch in the practice game to see how he fits in as a touted “midfielder”.

Midfield is possibly a midpricer too deep. I personally like 2 rookie openings as they usually prove to be the best scorers. Such structure could leave you 10-20 points down should you be stuck with an m9 outperforming that of a forward rookie, however you do get a midfield midpricer over a forward midpricer.

Ruck I would go for the assurance of a Grundy, especially with the make up of your team. It gives you another captain option apart from Zerrett who seems your only likely choice bar maybe ROB or Laird. Collingwood also play a good amount of games early in the round so the VC will be extremely valuable, something that is probably being overlooked.

Forwards I have a similar mix, practice game with give clarity to Rozee & Stephenson selections.

In line with my comment above, I would recommend at downgrading one of your midfield midpricers to a rookie, this would then give you the $ to upgrade one of Rozee/Stephenson/Harmes/Milera/Cumming/Young to a premium in that position.
      Pre season watch, but should one of these not have the role as expected this nonetheless gives you an ability to upgrade, again there’s a possibility that someone doesn’t have the upside initially perceived.

peter howson

February 16, 2021 at 4:39 pm

so close to my team its not funny

bailey stan

February 16, 2021 at 3:10 pm

DEF: Stewart, Duggan, Williams, Clark, Menadue, Gould
    MID: Oliver, Adams, Treloar, Cripps, Rowell, Powell, Phillips, Valente
    RUC: ROB, Preuss
    FWD: Marshall, Phillips, Heeney, Stephenson, Cockatoo, Rowe

Thoughts? i need answers ASAP,

Val

February 16, 2021 at 4:34 pm

My first team of the season! Let me know what you think

DEF: S.Docherty, A.Witherden, Z.Williams, I.Cumming, W.Gould, D.Roberton (B.Khamis, T.Goldsack)
    MID: A.Gaff, T.Mitchell, S.Walsh, T.Taranto, J.Daicos, M.Rowell, W.Phillips, T.Powell (N.Cockatoo, R.C-Dawkins)
    RUC: J.Witts, B.Preuss (M.Flynn)
    FWD: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, T.Phillips, J.Caldwell, F.Macrae, J.Rowe (M.Lynch, M.Bergman)

Cheers

bailey

February 17, 2021 at 10:44 am

the team looks cheap where’d all ur money go, and danger is playing with a groin injury

peter howson

February 16, 2021 at 4:44 pm

hi ladies a gents does ny one know about Ward from GWS if he is travelling ok

February 16, 2021 at 4:51 pm

I think he is being touted in a defensive role this year.

peter howson

February 16, 2021 at 5:17 pm

ah ok have to keep eye on that one

February 16, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Yes, how this may impact Cumming’s role who is quite a popular selection at the moment.

February 16, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Adelaide’s expected starting midfield, ROB, Crouch, Laird & Sloane.

Followed by Keays, Hately & Schoenberg

Note that none of the starting midfield have a strong flexibility to push forward. Laird can play defense, however, Nicks has confirmed this will not be his role.

& With Keays’ improvement last season as a midfielder it is difficult to see either the value selections of Hately & Schoenberg attaining strong midfield minutes, likely the 5th and 6th midfielder.

Just some of my thoughts, what are yours on this topic of Adelaide’s midfield?

February 16, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Sloane can be very effective forward, takes some great grabs, a bit of a favourite player of mine, if he played for Collingwood the media would never stop talking about him, I suspect laird could play forward too, underrated player who even crows fans don’t seem to like.

Most midfields would have 5-6 players rotating through, plenty of minutes to go around with probably hately getting b crouch’s minutes with schoenberg and keays being the guys who have the more fluctuating minutes depending on team match ups. Not a crows supporter but as a South Australian I basically end up watching them weekly and this is how I see them structuring up unless they plan on changing things up completely.

February 16, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Good insight Squid.

Yes I recall Sloane spending minutes forward. Was an initially hesitation in putting him in my side.

From the talk I’ve heard Hately has a bit more work to do before becoming a key figure in that midfield rotation and that he currently sits behind Keays. Regardless, I expect him to improve average, although not as significant as others to pick him.

February 16, 2021 at 8:55 pm

initial*

Mighty Puds

February 16, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Personally think with ROB in the ruck it’ll be Crouch, Sloane and laird as the regulars with Keays and then Hately and Schoenberg. Keays plays a really key defensive roll for the Crows and with the other three largely untouchable think the last two will get the last few rotations. I reckon B.Crouch’s minutes will more so be taken in by Laird and Keays, not to say Hately gets nothing but maybe not as much as what some think, hence the risk with him.

February 16, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Yes this is how I also see it.

J

February 16, 2021 at 6:36 pm

Thoughts on will Brodie this year boys?!

February 16, 2021 at 7:03 pm

I looked into this earlier in regards to finding an F4.

However, I came to the conclusion that there are too many bodies in the Suns midfield.

Rowell, Greenwood, Miller, Anderson, Swallow, Weller, Rankine (reported midfield spurts) & Fiorini.

J

February 16, 2021 at 7:07 pm

So what does your team consist of LW, you seem to be giving out alot of negativity. Let’s see what your team looks like so we can pick it apart, smart arse.

February 16, 2021 at 7:18 pm

It is not negativity. When someone asks for an opinion on their team it is regarding a second thought on what could be improved is it not?

I apologise that this and my own current assessment of Will Brodie scoring potential makes you feel this way.

Steve

February 17, 2021 at 10:38 am

Keep on giving valuable advice, I am all ears I value your input. Cheers.

Pete

February 16, 2021 at 7:35 pm

What a ridiculous and naive comment J.

All it is, is a second thought. That’s what placing a post is about.
          Receiving feedback that challenges your current thoughts. There is not an obligation to make any changes, however, it is your responsibility to be respectful and internally decipher what information you agree with and what information you disagree with.

rossco1

February 16, 2021 at 10:04 pm

How was he being a smart-ass? You asked a question and he answered. Suck it up princess.

February 16, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Exactly.

Cheers Rossco.

The Chosen Won

February 16, 2021 at 7:04 pm

2021 AFL Fantasy Leagues…
    ========================

Real DT Talk 2021..971232
    RDT 2021..159224
    RealDreamTeam 2021..951334

Good Luck 2021™®©

Jacko

February 16, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Feedback would be unreal!

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Williams, Milera, Cumming, Young (Gould, Wehr)

MID: Titch, Zerrett, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Sharp, Mead, Valente (Davies, Bianco)

RCK: Grundy, Preuss (Fullarton)

FWD: Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Cockatoo, Bergman, E. Smith (Chugg, Jones, Rowe)

$7k left over

Thanks fellas!

rossco1

February 16, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Hey Jacko. A few things – Titch still hasn’t even started skills training and we’re less than a month away from Rnd 1, so he simply can’t be in your team round 1. Titch > Hately and Marshal > Rozee free’s up about 500k to spend up upgrading Valente (won’t play) to a Serong or Prestia.

You’ve got a lot of bargain priced rookies on field and that’s frought with danger, especially this year.

motor

February 16, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Lol torch needs skills training like danger needs to learn the words to when a hero comes along.

gary

February 17, 2021 at 9:44 pm

understand Marshall carrying an ankle and most likely wont be fit round 1

Tjpheros

February 16, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Hey guys have seen some quality teams on here would love to know thoughts on my team

Back: Laird, Witherden, Williams, Milera, L.young, Gould

Mid: Titch, Taranto, j.kelly, Rowell, Cunnington, hately, Powell, Phillips

Ruck: Grundy, Preuss

Forward: Dunkley, Phillips, Greene, Heeney, cockatoo, Rowe

Any opinions would be great thanks guys!!

rossco1

February 16, 2021 at 10:12 pm

See my reply to Jacko’s team above in regards to Titch. Can’t start him in round 1. You could maybe change him to Walsh? He’s been having a cracker pre-season.

The rest looks really good. There’s also question marks over Will Phillips playing round 1 so that is a watch and see.

Mighty Puds

February 16, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Feel like Will Phillips seems to be one of the rookies people are more confident in, North just need to pump games into him and basically all the draft analysts said he is the most ready to go of all the draftees from last year. Just think he’s more than likely to be named. Completely agree I.E Titch though.

February 16, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Yes W Phillips will play, however, where that is I’m not entirely sure. It could likely be in a forward / midfield rotation.

I also think Powell is a great chance to play, Aidan Corr had very promising things to say about him.

February 16, 2021 at 11:06 pm

will probably*

I should’ve stated as there’s obviously no certainties.

motor

February 17, 2021 at 12:13 am

I like the team but you have no bench. You have no cash generation. If someone can give me 8 bench players to begin the season I would be more than grateful. Another 3 mid options and a couple of on field forward and back rooks would be nice. Throw in hen’s teeth and rocking horse poo poo to sweeten the deal.

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 12:44 am

What’s your bench like if you’re paying up for those spots and if so which rookies are on field?(curious). Midfield rookies? Maybe Phillips, Cockatoo, Campbell, Powell. Forwards maybe Rowe, Cahill, Jones, Kelly. Backs maybe Jones, DGB, Lachie Young. Of course we won’t know on any of these guys but at least they’re names that have been floated.

motor

February 17, 2021 at 9:03 am

At present I have Powell and Phillips on field but after listening to Trent Dumont in a keeper league podcast I am only 50/50 if they both start. On the bench in the backs L Jones 240k and Bianco 170. Jones is 50/50 after listening to a plus six podcast and Gould can go in for Bianco.

In the midfield I have A Davies from the suns academy, hoping he does a Buderick as the suns first academy selection and durdin 198k from the blues. Ruck is Fullerton with needle/e Smith in utility and they are iffy at best. Cockatoo 243k and Rowe 193k in the forwards.

motor

February 17, 2021 at 9:33 am

Mighty Pudding would love 4 or 5 rooks to come out of the woodwork so my resembled less of Brussels sprouts omelet. 89k left in the bank btw.

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 9:54 am

A few of those guys are on most people’s field so it’s a fair bit of cash there. Coupled with the 89 and there’s a good pile of cash to make some upgrades should you want to.

February 17, 2021 at 9:51 am

I’ve got some magic beans I’m willing to trade for a couple of cows…..;)

motor

February 17, 2021 at 10:57 am

Lol I certainly want to make upgrades Puds!! That is why I have set up my team this way. Mentally prepared for Brussels sprouts but hoping for eye fillet steak if I haven’t swapped the cow for the magic beans.

Justin Stitchup

February 17, 2021 at 6:19 am

What to do with Cunnington? Keeping or looking elsewhere after concussion?

February 17, 2021 at 10:15 am

Keeping.

motor

February 17, 2021 at 10:55 am

Anyone over 30 or getting bald is not making my team I’m afraid, look elsewhere.

February 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Cunnington is 29yo and reverse balding, lock and load. Yeah, yeah.

bomberpap

February 18, 2021 at 7:17 am

He’s on the Ashley & Martin ads now.. so you gotta lock him in. Imagine what he can do with a full head of hair.

Fred

February 17, 2021 at 9:00 am

Anyone looking at going More Guns and Rooks? Seems everyone chasing mid price..

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Young, Eyre, Smith
    MID: Merrett, Steele, Gaff, Titch, Rowell, Phillips, Cockatoo, Valente
    RUC: Grundy, Preuss
    FWD: Danger, Dunkley, Phillips, Campbell, Rowe, Kelly

Obviously depends a lot on rookies actually playing

FreemTheDream

February 17, 2021 at 6:31 pm

The only reason people are bring forced to look at mid pricers this year is largely due to the lack of playing rookies. While the rookies you have on field may possibly play round 1, I highly doubt all of the bench rookies will. This has forced most people to shuffle down and look for value, so you can have on field rookies around 250k, knowing they have better job security, and strengthening your bench and cash flow by shuffling down those 170k players to the bench. Hope this helped.

gary

February 17, 2021 at 9:51 pm

looks solid , know its 4 weeks from the start , understand Whitfield is carrying an injury ( but priced so have plenty of options) and also danger ( sidebottom or martin maybe) – rookies are finally sorted when week 1 teams are announced SO

Jamie

February 17, 2021 at 9:59 am

Who would you rather
    1. Witho, Preuss and powell
    2. L.young, Rob and powell
    Or 3. L.young, fyfe or Cripps and Preuss??

February 17, 2021 at 1:28 pm

3 with Crippa comfortably for me, disclaimer, I only have Preuss of those 3

Chris

February 17, 2021 at 9:59 am

Anyone know anything about Howe from pies is travelling? Has he had a interrupted pre season? Can’t really find much. He started off last year on fire with tonning up alot. Then got injured but I assume he will be back ready to go for round 1

February 17, 2021 at 1:31 pm

ACL comeback with the way he plays ie on everyone else’s shoulders, I’d be watching and waiting, likely wont be confident until mid season at the earliest.

February 17, 2021 at 11:12 am

Preuss’ injury scare potentially throws a spanner in the works.

B

February 17, 2021 at 11:17 am

With preuss out what is better:
    1) Sidebottom F1 / (grundy r1) Draper R2 and 11k
    or
    2) Gawn R1 (grundy r2) / F4 under 362k

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 11:22 am

Leon Cameron said they’d know more about Preuss this afternoon. Providing it’s minor enough that they say they’re confident of him playing R1 think he likely stays for me, if not will likely move Marshall to R2 and get a forward around Preuss’ price

February 17, 2021 at 11:37 am

Yes, if he starts round 1 then it is almost impossible to not pick him.

The alternative to me, I see as Gawn given his opening run of opponents. Marshall I see too vital in my forward-line.

Phteven

February 17, 2021 at 11:39 am

Here is my team
    DEF: Lloyd, Stewart, Williams, Marchbank (if selected), Hamill, Wehr. Bianco, Gould
    MID: Gaff, Treloar, Taranto, Rowell, LYoung, Phillips, Cockatoo, Powell. Robertson, Davies
    RUCK: Gawn, Preuss. Fullerton
    FWD: Dunkley, Dangerfield, Phillips, Rozee, Sturt (if playing), JUH. Rowe, Kelly. ESmith
    $110k in bank for contingency plan if some of the above don’t rock up on Day 1.
    Appreciate all thoughts, particularly from LW.

GO Crom

February 17, 2021 at 11:42 am

Gday Fellas, I would appreciate to hear your thoughts on this mid-priced madness team

Back: Whitfield, Williams, Harmes, Milera, GB, Gould
    Mid: Laird, T Kelly, Prestia, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Hatley, Valente
    Ruck: ROB, Marshall
    For: Bolton, Henney, Philips, Powell-Pepper, Cockatoo, Rowe

Cheers legends ;)

February 17, 2021 at 12:28 pm

Not sure as to what extent this has been mentioned, but the difficulties associated to selecting your initial side without the announcement of all teams prior to the round.

Debutants we can envisage will be declared prior but not all “rookie” priced players fall under this category.

i.e. the likes of Maginness, L Young, Flanders, Cockatoo, Idun, W Kelly, Bosenavulagi, D Robertson just to name a few.

If this should be the case, yes it will be a rolling lockout but it won’t be straightforward whatsoever.

Fooz

February 17, 2021 at 1:39 pm

If Preuss is only a 1-2 week injury, is there any value of shifting him to R3 for a couple of weeks and swinging Marshall from the FWD line into R2 while Preuss recovers? Just thinking out loud

February 17, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Would have merit but I feel especially in AF you will have a spare trade early to just trade him in.

Starting Marshall in the ruck, however, and then DPP (trading) a forward rookie / failed midpricer would be a solid plan.

Euman

February 17, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Marshall out too

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 2:51 pm

If it’s only a 1-2 week injury means he’ll likely be fine come R1. Definitely has merit and if he misses (i.e is confirmed as missing R1) then I’ll likely do something similar

February 17, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Gladly,

There are a lot of solid selections, however based on the shorter quarters that we saw in 2020 a lot of premium players are as a result overpriced.
    This is due to players not having the same correlating decreased TOG as the decreased time of the quarters.
    I think this year more than ever it is extremely important to look for value in your selections, favouring midpriced selections more than previous.

Defence
    – Lloyd based on the reasoning above I believe he is overpriced
    – Marchbank I don’t see the latent upside, particularly due to his role.
    – Hamill, is he best 22 with the return of Milera and emergence of someone like Sholl to their existing defence.

Midfield
    – To put bluntly is very weak with 4 rookie selections on the field. Good selections just needs shifting one or two to the bench.

Ruck
    – Can’t go wrong here with this, some would advise Grundy over Gawn due to the $ difference, however, Gawn is a strong chance to be the highest scoring player after the first 6 or so weeks.

Forward
    – Dangerfield has had a very interruptted preseason, add to that the inclusions of Higgins and Smith.
    – Dunkley had he got the trade to Essendon would probably be the biggest lock in the forward line, however, there will be a squeeze at the Bulldogs and he will inevitable spend minutes as a forward.
    – Sturt I would predict is still positioned in deep forward role so I wouldn’t jump at just yet.

Overall solid foundations, the biggest takeaway would be to try and find more value in some of your premium selections, which in turn will help decrease the amount of sub 300ks you have on your field.

February 17, 2021 at 1:38 pm

In response to @Phteven

Phteven

February 17, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Thanks. Have $110k in bank to help with adjustments

February 17, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Yes that is useful.

frs

February 17, 2021 at 5:29 pm

WTF IS HAPPENING WITH THESE INJURIES!!!
    preuss now marshall

February 17, 2021 at 5:39 pm

There goes the only premium forward I had faith in other than Phillips if he counts.

February 17, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Love the report too, “he’s got no pain and there’s no fracture”………. kind of makes you wonder what the injury could be, sports science gone mad perhaps? It will no doubt be a “hot spot” found on some routine scan, makes you wonder sometimes.

pattyboi123

February 17, 2021 at 6:44 pm

5 months hes gone fellas update just came out

PJ

February 17, 2021 at 5:30 pm

Does anyone think there is any value in picking Witherden? Could go bang and prices at -10 less than what he averaged last season. If he gets games he will easily be top 10 defender.

Finding it hard to squeeze in all the value at the back: cumming, h.young, milera, doc, Williams and witherden AND laird.

Curious to hear people’s thoughts on this? Seems like DEF is where we will be making most of our money this season. Not to mention guys like L.Young, Hamill, L.Jones, Gould, Harmes, Bianco

February 17, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Lots of value if he gets a game and therein lies the problem, Witho can score like few defenders, unfortunately he’s not very good at actually defending (kind of like Lloyd), most afl coaches quickly get sick of players like that.

Dulcify

February 17, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Carnage beginning early this season. Ruck stocks taking a big hit today. Who’s next?

The Chosen Won

February 17, 2021 at 6:43 pm

Imagine if it happen round 1. We have time to fix it…

Good Luck Mate

The Chosen Won

February 17, 2021 at 6:56 pm

On a good note Matt Rowell played in the intraclub game…

Good Luck

Jacko

February 17, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Okay boys after a few changes. Whats are your thoughts on this team?

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Docherty, Williams, Milera, H. Young (Gould, Wehr)

MID: Zerrett, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Hately, Phillips, Powell, Mead (Bianco, Davies)

RCK: Grundy, Preuss – If fit (Fullarton)

FWD: Dunkley, Phillips, Rozee, Cockatoo, Bergman, E.Smith (Chugg, Jones)

I’ve got Rozee in at the moment. Even though I think he’s a jet his scores last year weren’t fantastic. Is there something I am missing with him. Is he said to play more midfield time? If not him I am thinking of either Jez Cameron or maybe Toby Greene?

148K in the bank with that team but will definetely use that to upgrade rookies that wont play round 1.

Thoughts?

Alex

February 18, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Don’t reckon Mead plays round 1 – I have Bergman and E.Smith on the bench for the same reason. Backline is great. I have both Cameron and Rozee. If you think we can average 85, which is 16 above what he is priced at, then get him in. I reckon he does that with 20-30% CBAs, so it’s a pre-season watch before locking him in. You will need to replace Preuss

Brian Smith

February 17, 2021 at 6:55 pm

Pruess is gone, so what’s the options: down to WC R2 (Vardy or Williams) or up to Hickey or Draper?

Taylor

February 17, 2021 at 6:58 pm

Restructure to set and forget rucks. Not enough value in the other options imo.

February 17, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Orrrr….. Maybe GWS decide it’s time to blood a young ruck because Mummy is an ancient broken wreck and not having any back up ruck talent has been hurting them for years so roll the dice on Matthew Flynn giving us a bottom price R2 and more cash to splash elsewhere. It really would make a lot of sense, he’s been in the system 5 or 6 years, is a decent sized unit and at 23 ought to be ready to ruck, may as well see if the investment has been worth it. Also would not be the first time he’s been in my team, I’ve used him a couple times as R3 cash grab late in seasons waiting for Mummy to break down.

Alex

February 18, 2021 at 12:19 pm

Fingers crossed they go with him, but I will role ROB at R2 behind Grundy. Only problem with going Flynn is if you think he averages 5–60, it’s then figuring out how you ultimately upgrade him to one of the big three

Euman

February 17, 2021 at 7:02 pm

My team – delete team and start again – Good day today logged into AFL.com earlier and Preuss has hurt his shoulder not sure how bad will have scans but maybe in doubt. Then I logged in few minutes ago now Rohan Marshall has gone down won’t play round 1. These guys gotta stop training too many injuries. Gunna stuff up some strategies

Taylor

February 17, 2021 at 7:04 pm

Preuss out 5 months.

February 17, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Delete team, go again.

The Chosen Won

February 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Find 40k and go Hickey remember hes averaged 78,75,75 and 71, Use him same as you were Pruess..

Good Luck

Euman

February 17, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Draper? Note can’t use the Marshall forward dpp now as he’s injured too

February 17, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Matthew Flynn to be our savior, surely GWS don’t roll out Mummy again, looked totally cooked last season, was embarrassing.

February 17, 2021 at 7:55 pm

Also isn’t Darcy injured at Freo? Who will ruck for them? Meek?….. Is rucks going to be our most unlikely bottom price rookie savior?!?

February 17, 2021 at 8:50 pm

I think Darcy is still capable of making round one.

They also have Lobb that could deputise, however, it is a good point.
              2 rookie rucks would almost suggest having one of them on the field.

30. Fooz

Fooz

February 17, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Noooo. Marshall out too. Time for a rejig

February 17, 2021 at 7:12 pm

There’s definitely now more temptation to pay up for an overpriced Sidebottom.

PattyS

February 17, 2021 at 7:38 pm

Who is a better option at FWD4 out of Joe Daniher and Jaidyn Stephenson??

February 17, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Stephenson, daylight, unknown rookie, then daniher.

February 17, 2021 at 8:53 pm

Stephenson F4, who is ahead of him?

I haven’t got him that low as of yet.

32. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 17, 2021 at 7:46 pm

certainly thinking about someone like nankervis now with these ruckman doubts

bomberpap

February 17, 2021 at 7:52 pm

I was already tossing up between ROB and Pruess as my R2.. so decision has become a lot easier. I think players like Nank, Hickey, Draper, etc are very tempting… but set and forget rucks feels like a much smarter approach given that we’ll have challenging things like a rolling lockout and only 2 trades per week instead of 3. One less thing to worry.

Euman

February 17, 2021 at 9:30 pm

Who did you go R1?

bomberpap

February 18, 2021 at 7:15 am

Grundy R1.

Snags

February 17, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Absolute carnage lads… Thoughts on bringing big boy McEvoy? Has def status and might lift being named captain?

bomberpap

February 17, 2021 at 8:10 pm

If he plays ruck for Hawks then he’s a definite option. Has averaged 90+ twice before from memory. Rare def/ruck DPP so could even start him at your D4 as a speculative pick.. then shift him into the rucks if you get an early injury.

Fitchy

February 17, 2021 at 8:33 pm

First go at it after recent injury wave (Had both marshall and preuss)
    Any thoughts/feedback appreciated

13k in bank

DEF: Laird, Williams, Milera, Cumming, H. Young, L.Jones (Gould, Roberton)
    MID: Zerrett, Taranto, Serong, Rowell, Bruhn, Powell, F. Macrae (Mead, RCD)
    RUC: Grundy, ROB (Flynn)
    FWD: Danger, Dunkley, Rozee, J. Cameron, B. Campbell, Perkins (Kelly, Jones)
    UTILITY: Valente

Light on premos in mids but more confident in the rookies in my mids than whats available elsewhere, possibly a bit too mid price madness but again not really confident with the crop of 170k-ers this year, pretty much essential to have the 2 set and forget rucks now unless u go unorthodox

Brian Smith

February 17, 2021 at 9:34 pm

Serong down to Cunners gets you rid of one of your three probably non-playing MID rooks

bomberpap

February 17, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Bruhn will probably be a gun, but he’s gotta wait in line behind a very deep Giants midfield. I’d be banking on Tom Green getting more minutes this year and the rest having to develop first.

Backline has some good value, though Lachie Jones I don’t think will be a high scorer – he’d be better on the bench. Roberton seems more unlikely than likely, he could retire before the season begins and isn’t currently training.

Love the rucks – I have the exact same.

Forward wise I can’t get behind Danger with his apparent groin injuries. He can still score and play well even if not fully fit, but it’s a risk paying that much for a player who you’re not certain about. You’d be better off spending that money on Walsh in the midfield.

Perkins I can’t see getting any midfield opportunity at the Bombers, despite what Dodoro said when they drafted him. Bombers have a very deep midfield, and if Langford, Parish and now Caldwell are all going to get more mid time, then I think Perkins just hovers around the half forward flank. I’d rather look at Flanders from the Suns for a similar price – though Suns now also have a pretty competitive midfield too.

hawkfever

February 17, 2021 at 8:37 pm

harmes or milera?

February 17, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Should Harmes have a solid midfield role, I would say him but both are good options.

Jarrod

February 17, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Hello all, would love some feedback on this team. Reckon im pretty sold on it.
    Def: Stewart, witherden, Williams, young, young, Jones (wehr, Bianco)
    Mid: Cripps, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Cunnington, hately, Phillips, mead (Valante, Rioli, RCD)
    Rk: Gawn, Grundy
    Fwd: Dunkley, Phillips, rozee, Stephenson, cockatoo, Rowe (kelly, Bergman)
    Any feedback/ ways to improve would be appreciated!

bomberpap

February 17, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Some great value picks. I was big on Stewart but read today that he’s had an interrupted pre-season, so could look to switch him to Mr Durable in Jack Crisp.

Solid mids, though I wouldn’t think Rioli is a chance for early games. The others maybe, but that can change with round 1 teams anyway.

Set and forget rucks, great.

Forward wise, Rowe I think would be better on the bench as a small forward. Expecting scores in the Max King-range of last year. Ely Smith could be a better option at $170k.

February 17, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Brisbane’s 22 will be very tough to crack, especially with the additions of Daniher and Cockatoo.

Hard to see who would make way for the inclusion of Ely Smith or a Deven Robertson. Both would be great cash cows should they play for an extended time.

Mad Fish

February 17, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Sources say Rowan Marshall had his own name penciled in F1 in his fantasy team too and is struggling to get a new structure in place.

Euman

February 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm

funny

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 9:50 pm

So after the ruck carnage today (had Marshall F1), ended up sacrificing Lloyd to Milera which allowed Preuss to Gawn. Guess set and forget with those two is just the safest option currently, overall team structure hasn’t really changed which is pleasing. Is Gawn/Grundy the way to go or should other options be considered, curious as what people are doing without Preuss/Marshall??

bomberpap

February 17, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Who’s your new F1? Lloyd to Milera is a pretty reasonable alternative if it means getting Gawn. I’m starting Grundy & ROB instead personally… not gonna bother chasing rucks after I screwed around with Pittonet, English and Naismith last year.

Can’t go wrong with Grundy/Gawn/ROB… set and forget and then focus your trades on the other lines.

Mighty Puds

February 17, 2021 at 10:14 pm

F1 was Marshall is currently Heeney/Phillips (don’t trust any of the top proced forwards and Heeney is a safe 90 average anyway). Similar to you, screwed around with Pittonet, Naismith, English (literally had all of them over the course of the season) and just want to set and forget with my rucks. ROB definitely an option if cash gets tight but feel pretty happy with the team after the injury forced maneuvering today.

February 17, 2021 at 10:12 pm

With Marshall’s injury I’m stumbling on a forward line setup of Phillips, Stephenson and the following two,

Jeremy Cameron
    – Career best average of 88.2 (2017) followed by 87.5 (2019), which based on his current price puts him approximately 24 points under value. A replication of this performance would see a rise of 185K.

And,

Joe Daniher
    – The last time he played a full season he averaged 84.7 (2017), which based on his current price puts him 28 points under value. A replication of this performance would see a rise of 214K.

Both offer tremendous value.

How else do people see it?

February 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

There is a lot of players who offer tremendous value if they replicate their best performance, Tom McDonald averaged 90 once 80 twice and is cheaper than Cameron, but would you?

Buddy is 50k less than ol’ stupid stache who has gone at 70 or less every other season he’s managed to play. Bud has averaged over 100 twice 90+ heaps of times, the last only a couple of years back and even missing last year has been way more durable than him too, if the old boy plays you just have to pick him, he’s likely to play more games and a lock to comfortably outscore joe.

Personally I reckon forwards are the easiest line to pick the top 6, there is not much depth. I see Dunks and the mighty neck tatt as the most value, then Zorko, Danger and sidebum. They will be top 6 almost guaranteed, most likely averaging around the ton putting them a good 10pts average above the next level guys, you’re mad not to have 1 or 2 to start and aspiring to get them all, the net gain in points they give is another type of value you need to factor in.

February 18, 2021 at 12:21 am

T McDonald’s scoring that season I see as more of an outlier.

Buddy I simply have not included as I don’t believe he will be rushed for round one, they have stated their intention to take a cautious approach. Should he play then of course, he will definitely be in my side.

Ideally yes, I would want one, however, in order to squeeze a combination of Gawn & Grundy sacrifices have to be made. Marshall as I stated, was a lock in my side for this reason; Tom Phillips I could see as pushing this top 6 bracket.

My preferred 700k+ option is Dunkley although unless there’s a clear showing in the preseason fixture that he has good midfield minutes, including high CBA numbers then I struggle to envisage having the confidence to select him.

February 18, 2021 at 7:42 am

I was using McDonald as an example of a guy with potential but no one would consider yet he is comparable to Cameron and he is an objectively better fantasy player than Daniher by 10 points over his career but for some reason people remain super keen on he with the terrible lip hair.

You’re backing Phillips to average the ton? Geez I hope so but I doubt it will happen.

Mighty Puds

February 18, 2021 at 12:42 am

Personally Marshall was the only premium forward I had any serious confidence in being a consistent scorer due to his role being set. Dusty is fairly similar but can have some real stinkers and can start slow. Zorko has apparently been earmarked for more if a forward role while Danger’s preseason issues rule him out for me. Sidebottom is great but pricey and Dunkley just carries too big a risk over his role. There’s also plenty of value as mentioned, not just the key forwards but guys like Rozee, Stephenson, Phillips, Caldwell etc. Think forward and defence you can go for value but rucks especially is where money should go.

bomberpap

February 18, 2021 at 7:21 am

Even as a Bombers fan with a former love of Daniher.. you’re backing in Cameron over him for sure.

Cats have a very unselfish brand of footy and they’ll be wanting to make it worth all those picks that they gave up to get him. Hawkins and Danger were rank #1 and #2 for goal assists last year… So Cameron will get on the end of plenty.

Daniher helping out in the ruck probably ads a few points to his game, but the fact he’s only had the one good season versus Cameron’s 2 makes it an easy choice for me.

February 18, 2021 at 10:24 am

Yes I definitely agree as to Cameron over Daniher if you are only selecting one.

I’m not sure on Rozee or Caldwell.

From what I have heard Rozee will still play a large portion of the game forward of centre. There will be an upside in the selection but I’m not convinced at the ceiling.

Caldwell I view in the same manner, delivered a “happy to play where to coach wants me if that involves playing forward” quote.
        Although look at someone like Parish and he is 625K, possibly like Rozee could make 100k or so.

Heater