My Team

My Team 2021: Version 1.2

There’s been plenty of My Team chat, so add some more!

Fantasy is open for 2021! It’s quite a bit earlier than usual, so there’s no excuse for not having time to play with your team for what we hope will be a normal season coming up.

The first lockout of the season will be 7:25pm AEDT, Thursday 18 March at the bounce of Richmond v Carlton.

Chat in the comments about your team and whatever else Fantasy related. If you’re posting your team, make sure you put it in so it’s easy to read and include remaining cash out of your $13m salary cap. For all prices, click here.

Previous My Team Posts

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: X55XS3Z9
Click here to join

James

February 14, 2021 at 2:12 pm

1. Jeremy Cameron and Joe danahar or
    2. Marshall and rookie?

February 14, 2021 at 3:08 pm

bomberpap

February 14, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Yep 2

Steven

February 14, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Could going Preuss and B. Williams (low breakeven) in the ruck be worth the risk?

rossco1

February 14, 2021 at 4:30 pm

Luke Parker

February 14, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Is anyone thinking Noah Anderson can match Rowell this year. I think he will play a more inside mid role , cheaper by about 30-40k and has plenty of upside too with Weller returning to back flank, swallow up forward or on the wing, feel like Rowell will be targeted a bit this year and sure he is not 100 percent yet.

Triple X

February 14, 2021 at 4:21 pm

No can’t see it plus Rowell is stronger in the contest

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 7:38 am

The risk of not starting Rowell is massive. But I think Noah Anderson will be great this year, so it should be a choice for you of including both in your side or just Rowell.

I think he would have played end of last year if the Sun’s weren’t wrapping him up in cotton wool because of how important he’ll be for them long term.

Triple X

February 14, 2021 at 4:16 pm

What’s the latest with Whitfield I thought he just had bruising on he’s liver they said notice most teams don’t have him in there sides

rossco1

February 14, 2021 at 4:31 pm

They’re being coy with his recovery time, so people are now jumping off him

February 14, 2021 at 6:32 pm

Was slight too pricey for me to begin with.

February 14, 2021 at 6:32 pm

slightly*

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

February 14, 2021 at 8:58 pm

he drank that much at Hotel Sorrento this summer its not funny, im not surprised his liver is bruised

Shano880

February 14, 2021 at 6:03 pm

The Second (Published) Version

DEF: Laird, Williams, Clark, Cumming, Young, G-Barras (Gould, Wehr)
    MID: Mitchell, Duncan, Walsh, Taranto, Serong, Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar (Valente, RCD)
    RUC: Grundy, Preuss (Fullarton)
    FWD: Marshall, Bolton, Phillips, Ugle-Hagan, Cockatoo, Rowe (Roberton, Jones)
    UTL: (W Kelly)

Still unsire about the rooks just yet, but enough value there to chop/change as required as only 15k left over.

Comments/Critisims apreciated. Cheers

Snags

February 14, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Like the Clark, Duncan, Walsh and Bolton picks, unique and should all score well. Would either downgrade serong and upgrade uglr-hagan to Rozee or find the $$$ to upgrade him to a premo. Was great last year but I feel he’s topped out and probably won’t increase his numbers much more.

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

February 14, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Which Def? Howe or Stewart?

Taylor

February 14, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Stewart imo. Set and forget.

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 7:40 am

Stewart easily. Will be top 6 and scores well regardless of role. Howe started last year well but he’s more of a yo-yo.. look at their scoring history side by side.

Ben

February 14, 2021 at 7:15 pm

Thoughts on Coniglio? Had a down year last year, but really wasn’t that bad, only 2 scores under 82 all season. Was 110 the two seasons prior, if you take out the injured 0 in 2019

Snags

February 14, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Solid option that isn’t being talked about, people would be worried he’ll get rotated forward like last year but if he does and gains Fwd status he’d be in every side by the end of year. Worth a punt

Brian Smith

February 14, 2021 at 7:23 pm

How is everyone planning on handling R14 – Max, Grundy, ROB & Marshall all on byes. Are you hoping Pruess will already be upgraded to eg Witts, Nank to lead ruck in R14? Plus a playing rook somewhere?

February 14, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Best 18, won’t need them.

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 10:58 am

+1. You’ll have 14 rounds of 2 trades (plus the other bye rounds beforehand)… No point worrying about bye structure unless you’re playing RDT or limited trade games.

Shredder pigs

February 14, 2021 at 7:48 pm

Fantasia, H. Young, Fantasia or Hamill? Considering JS

Intelsonic

February 14, 2021 at 9:02 pm

H. Young by a country mile

Cooper

February 14, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Who is most likely for R1? Swan Logan McDonald or Bomber Nik Cox?

Double Parked

February 14, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Logan – don’t pick either though.

Anthony

February 15, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Logan 20% chance to rock up for round one per my sauce, but after his 4 goal outing in the scratchy he could be given a chance. Plus I have heard that if logan plays, he will free up heeney to play in the mid

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 6:38 pm

Personally think both McDonald and Campbell debut R1 based off what’s been said about both over the summer. Campbell frees Mills up in the midfield given he will go across half back while McDonald adds some more fire power up forward. Would say both are around 60-70%.

moor

February 14, 2021 at 9:43 pm

After almost 7 weeks of playing around with different structures, alternate approaches, podcasts, Deck of dream team, keeper leagues, coached opinion going back to the end of last season, myriads of statistics, trade period, draft time, collingwood imploding, Covid restrictions, salary cap reductions, coaching changes, interchange reductions, whether Buddy, Cameron, Daniher.and Hogan play round one, limited rookies and whether “Horse” will give up and coming players 2 games back to back, I decided to try and construct a team that fitted the basic structure that I wanted but that gave me some serious latitude going in to the AAMI game and the round one lockout. Will I start with this team? Am I happy to start with this team at this current point in time? Does one wish to take long walk on a sort pier? I would in reality prefer a longer pier and a shorter walk but I have only attempted to build a structure or framework that I am comfortable with..

My current “team” is a follows.

DEF Laird Williams (Roy trap) Day Markov HYoung L Young with L Jones and Bianco on the bench.

MIDS Steele Gaff Sloane Rowell Gunners Hately and the two tops in Powell and Phillips (as they add up to 510k in salary cap A Davies Durdin

Rucks Grundy Pruess Fullatan

Fds Marshall Caldwell Stephenson Schoenberg JHunt 2MPeter with cockatoo and Rowe on the bench and Ely Smith the Url. Cockatoo and Rowe for salary as is l Jones in the backline. I would think I am ebbing out of “post” room. TBC…….

motor

February 14, 2021 at 10:11 pm

The Rucks in my opinion are a personal choice and I am currently running with Marshal in the Fwds. And Pruess and Grundy.

These are a few undeniable facts. 21 mid fielders including Sidebottom are 800+ 2 defenders are 800+ Without Sidebottom 1 forward is 800+.

24 players 270k or under started R1 last year. 14 of those started R2. 10 of those made R4. 6 made R8. I would think purely on the basic numbers you are going to use a trade a week on rookies. Of the 398 players who played R1 only half made it R8 and only 111 played the 17/18 rounds. TRADES MATTER!!!!

The interchange reduction. Last year there were 90 interchanges for 64 minutes of designated playing time or 1.41 minutes a change. This year it is 75 for 80 minutes or 2/3 of what we had last year. How will that effect scores. I have simply no idea as much as I have ponder the scenario

Luke Parker

February 14, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Who is “gunners” is that jack gunston or who?

motor

February 14, 2021 at 10:18 pm

It is going to be an interesting year. I would just be much happier downgrading high prices rookies and upgrading mid proceed come lockout night. Only my thoughts. Best of luck to all.

Gandreg

February 14, 2021 at 10:20 pm

R2, Preuss or De Koning.

February 15, 2021 at 11:37 am

TDK injured.

Preuss.

motor

February 14, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Sorry for spelling and punctuation errors

FreemTheDream

February 14, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Question…
      Do you guys think if Whitfield is probably a no go this year, whether the best option is to go a set and forget like Lloyd? Or to go down to someone like docherty/witherden and be able to upgrade one of my rookie forwards to Stephenson?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated boys

FreemTheDream

February 14, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Sorry meant to post this as a comment

Intelsonic

February 15, 2021 at 7:09 am

I think this depends greatly on what rookies are looking like, currently have lloyd but unless 6-7 170k’s are named he goes down for me.

February 15, 2021 at 7:30 am

No, thanks for your thoughts, especially on rooks and rotations, team structure similar to mine but with very different players for the most part, will be interesting to see if we get a lot of variety in teams this year.

James

February 15, 2021 at 1:17 am

1. Dunkley and fwd rookie or
    2. Caldwell and Jaiden Stephenson?

AH

February 15, 2021 at 8:18 pm

I’d probably go option 2, too much uncertainty and unpredictability with Bevo for me

Frank

February 15, 2021 at 9:02 am

DEF: Stewart, Crisp, Williams, Harmes, H.Young, L.Young
    MID: Steele, Mitchell, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Cockatoo
    RUC: Witts, Preuss
    FWD: Heeney, Phillips, Rozee, Caldwell, Campbell, Flanders

llizardofoz

February 15, 2021 at 9:07 am

Brisbane’s forwardline is set in stone and someone makes way for Daniher. It is very unlikely any of Cockatoo Eli Smith or Robertson
    will play RD 1.Certainly 2 is out of the question.

February 15, 2021 at 11:36 am

Cockatoo has been training as a defender.

llizardofoz

February 15, 2021 at 6:55 pm

Yeah he’ll be contesting against Ah Chee and CEY.

February 16, 2021 at 12:49 am

Witho couldn’t get a game in that backline and he can play a bit, not super confident myself but hopeful.

bailey

February 15, 2021 at 10:40 am

stephenson or J cameron for F4

February 15, 2021 at 11:35 am

Stephenson for me.

The Chosen Won

February 15, 2021 at 10:46 am

2021 AFL Fantasy Leagues…
    DT Talk :… ZCUTED53
    DT Talk Classic Fantasy:… 7SHNAUZS
    DT Talk Regular Banter League:… ASH2HRCP
    DT Talk League:… PEDPKCN4
    DT Talk Fantasy League:…VFZTU7NA

2021 RDT Leagues…
    Ole School RDT…..713726
    Real Dream Team…..822887
    Real DTTalk League…..202121
    Real DT Talk 2021…..971232
    RDT 2021…..159224
    RealDreamTeam 2021…..951334

After generating the Fantasy Leagues from previous seasons we had a issues with sending out emails to those players who have played before, Hence why you haven’t received any invite..

Good Luck 2021™®©

February 15, 2021 at 8:46 pm

I’m in 3, didn’t want to be greedy. After last year’s schmozle, this time it’s personal…… until r1 finishes and I realise I stuffed up my starting team for the twelth time+ in a row.

Loo

February 15, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Went nuts and joined them all (Dani’s Demons), wish me luck, I usually concentrate just on RDT 🤪

February 16, 2021 at 12:46 am

Luck? You’ll need it! You’re going down buddy! Down like the sun in Adelaide! Yeah, over the ocean on a beautiful summer evening……. ummmm

James

February 15, 2021 at 11:04 am

1. . Dunkley and fwd rookie or
    2. Caldwell and Jaiden Stephenson?

February 15, 2021 at 11:36 am

I think 2 scores more, dependent on role.

Jared

February 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Gday all, after lots of research I have finally settled on a team that I can’t see changing too much besides rookies. Would love some feedback, as I have tried various structures and think this is the way to go.
    Def: Stewart, crisp, docherty, Williams, Milera, Gould (wehr, bianco)
    Mid: treloar, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, sier, Phillips, Powell (mead, valante, RCD)
    Ruck: Grundy, preuss
    Fwd: dusty, Phillips, rozee, Stephenson, cockatoo, Rowe (kelly, Rioli)

February 15, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Just my opinion on things to give a second thought, essentially what I haven’t commented I think is solid.

Def:
      – The notable omission is a lack of a 200-400k selection, quite a gap in price points within your defence.
      – Tom Stewart and Crisp are steady selections but at 736k and 726k I don’t see a lot of upside in their output and therefore price. I would prefer Laird for not much more for his upside of midfield minutes.

Mid:
      – Treloar I have questions, regarding Bulldogs’ midfield. And with the depth in this position there’s absolutely no demand for one to play big midfield minutes. Reduced rotations, this midfield core gets comfortable rotation.
      – Sier, where does he fit? Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Daicos, De Goey, we’ve heard of Maynard running through there. Price is good but there’s too many ahead of him in this spot.

Ruc:
      – Solid and simple

Fwd:
      – Dusty is an intriguing selection, there always will be with him. Does the reduced interchange help him by staying out on the ground for a greater %, that’s is a big potential plus. However, as we have seen he can start the season slow and has games where he plays a lot forward.
      – Rozee, are his midfield minutes going to be more than bursts to change the mix of Boak, Rockliff, Wines, SPP, (Houston?) is it a split between him, Butters and Robbie Gray. This one is a further watch because I don’t think the Power midfield is as deep as other sides hence there’s a few names being touted.

Daniel M

February 15, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Def: Lloyd, Doch, Williams, Harmes, Cumming, Grainger-Barras
    Mid: Mitchell, Taranto, Daicos, Prestia, Rowell, Will Phillips, Hollands, Powell
    Ruck: O’Brien, Preuss
    Forward: Marshall, Heeney, Tom Phillips, Jez Cameron, Ugle-Hagen, Perkins

Thoughts?? Improvements??

Sangs

February 15, 2021 at 12:36 pm

Harmes or Jordan clark?

February 15, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Harmes for the JS.

February 16, 2021 at 12:59 am

Clark for the potential and $50k saving if named, contract year I think too so motivation ought to be there.

rollsbowls

February 15, 2021 at 12:57 pm

D: lloyd, docherty, williams, ash, cumming, h young. ( 2x 170k)
    M: gaff, laird, daicos, slone, rowell, cunnington, phillips, powell, (2x170k)
    R: ROB, preuss
    F: marshall, phillips, heeney, dow, macrae, rowe (2x170k)

February 15, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Anyone still holding optimism that Franklin will play round one?

Apart from a two week setback, reports have been that he is and was training well. So cheap, it will be hard not to pick him if he starts round 1 but I imagine it will be a teetering selection with potential rests of caution should he not pick up an injury in a best case scenario.

The Chosen Won

February 15, 2021 at 1:58 pm

If he is named round 1 he is a lock in Fantasy not touching him in RDT..

Currently he sit F5 for me so very low risk starting him..

Good Luck

February 15, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Yes he sits at f4 in my side and he stays there as replacements are also hard to nail.

Similar with Tom Mitchell for me, if he plays round 1 I will start, the full quarters upside is greater than his limited pre season.

Steve

February 16, 2021 at 3:14 pm

I also have him pencilled at r5 if he plays in round 1.

February 15, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Fantasy at that price is mana from fantasy heaven if named, like Chosen F5 for me also

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Gaff or Walsh for M2. Feeling Walsh for the value and that Gaff has had an interrupted preseason

The Chosen Won

February 15, 2021 at 2:16 pm

i think both could feature in the top 10 Midfielders by seasons end, i would start with Walsh for the $$$$ saved and upgrade one of your priced player to the likes of Gaff when he falls a little in price.

Good Luck

February 15, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Gaff I view as one of the best 800k+ selection due to reduced interchange and his elite endurance.

Walsh moving inside is definitely unders, however, at 739k there is temptation and has been from me, hence not currently in my side to find something of a similar output at a cheaper price.

It is hard to split as they are different price points, I think it really comes down to what you need.

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 3:32 pm

How do you mean? Overall team looks better with Walsh there if that’s what you’re getting at. Just whether having Walsh and Cripps (think both could be significantly better this season) is too much

February 15, 2021 at 3:34 pm

In that does the 100K difference give you an important upgrade elsewhere or is that 100k sitting in the bank leftover?

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Allows me to go from more speculative rookies to higher priced ones I’m more confident with is essentially what it does, potentially reduces the risk of major panic R1.

Chris

February 15, 2021 at 3:00 pm

I see alot of teams with harmes, am I missing something?

Amy Shark

February 15, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Yeah … the whole pre-season man, dude where you been lol

February 15, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Touted midfield role.

However, I’m not convinced we know exactly what yet. Is it to cover an injury of Jack Viney, is it as a defensive midfielder i.e. tagger or even a high half forward / 5th midfielder type role.

Doesn’t sit in my side.

February 15, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Petracca, Oliver, Viney & Brayshaw I imagine would be the starting 3 and 4th rotating.

Shredder pigs

February 15, 2021 at 8:40 pm

No Melbourne midfielder will score well early (scale of hardness). I wouldn’t touch Harmes until the evidence is there via a few games at least.

February 15, 2021 at 9:08 pm

Viney has foot problems again but for his price not convinced either……. Hmmmmmmmm didn’t he have that breakout year kind of replacing Viney though? No squid, NO, swim away.

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 9:18 pm

Not in my team yet either. I think he’s more of a ‘wait and see’ type player. He’s not going to escape you if he plays a couple of good games early and gets the role.

With anything role specific I think you’d be best waiting to see if it happens in the season first.

Snags

February 15, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Gaff and Grundy
    Or
    Oliver and ROB

??

February 15, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Do not compromise on Grundy, Gaff and Oliver both top tier options.

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Pretty tough choice. Maybe go with whichever pair has the best early draw… I think ROB has a great run from memory, though not sure about Oliver.

February 15, 2021 at 7:54 pm

Any Collingwood supporters or those in the know, what is the likely proposition of Bianco debuting from the off this season?

Double Parked

February 15, 2021 at 7:56 pm

Interesting to look at Warnie’s fantasy draft midfielder rankings..

Top 8 fancies Neale, Mitchell, Adams, Crouch, Treloar, Gaff all under injury clouds.

With the tighter salary cap it’s looking pretty hard to justify starting with any 800k+ mid in classic this season – unless you’re hellbent on Merrett or Oliver as a captain option

February 15, 2021 at 8:02 pm

If Mitchell plays round 1 I’ll pick him.

dondasash

February 15, 2021 at 8:24 pm

I know what you mean. I have had Merrett most pre season but have kicked him from my team recently to chase even more value options and now have Walsh at R1. With a team that is currently mostly made up of mid price madness (currently only rookie I have on field is Nakia Cockatoo) I have actually got Gawn sitting at R1 to be my captain through those first 5 or 6 weeks while all those value picks rise in cash and he has an unbelievable run.
      Also helps due to my indecisiveness between Grundy and ROB, I think most agree that Gawn is definitely going to be one of the top 2 rucks this year, so it is just a set or forget and then I can wait and see on who comes out on top out of ROB and Grundy
      And, tbh, it really does feel nice to have someone you can just throw the captaincy on week after week if needed

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Draft rankings are very different though… no salary cap influence. Merrett and Oliver are both still good picks if you need a captain option and think they will either hold or increase their value.

In draft I’d have both Merrett and Oliver in the top 4 mids, so locking one of those into your salary cap squad from the beginning is still a solid idea.

February 15, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Draft is a very different prospect though, you miss one of those guys and you wont see them again unless you have idiots in your league who then waive them, really doesn’t matter if they miss the first game or 4, so long as they are there come finals and didn’t stop you getting there. On that basis these guys all make the grade.

motor

February 15, 2021 at 8:29 pm

I have spent the last two days going over all my reseach, re-listening to podcasts from several sites, such as here, the draft doctors, keeper leagues, and reading club site reports, afl .com.au reports, web forums, etc,etc, etc and the only logical conclusions I can arrive at that is unlikely we will be able to field a playing bench of 170k players. Result. No cash generation.

Calvin asked a simple question of Roy in podcast 402. “Name one rookie (170k) that will play R1. Roy said Gould from the swans and in my view that is even money with Horse involved.

I am trying to remain optimistic but realistic but my personal opinion is we will be lucky to start 29 players without casting out premiums as Roy is doing. CASH GENERATION this season is going to be a Dumbledore/ObiOne “Help LIne” journey.

I am assuming we will have a rolling lockout.

More food for thought and still 4 weeks till the season begins.

February 15, 2021 at 9:09 pm

In my opinion there will be enough sub 200kers to fill the bench spots.

The concern from early projection, like last year will be the cheap defender rookies.
      Should there be no ruckman then everyone is in the same boat unless of course you pay up for someone like Thilthorpe who I expect would be next most likely after basement. So we only require 7.

Definitely though not in addition to any on the field, again guessing. Cockatoo my cheapest player onfield.

February 15, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Motor, I’m with you 110%, went into depth about it in v1.1 of my team, got into a debate with the reigning champ about it in fact, had some support but mainly it was “nah, there’ll be rooks, there always is” despite me giving many reasons unique to this year as to why we will be struggling.

I’m going in planning for the worst with a very value/midprice team that at least should play and make coin, if a bunch of rooks suddenly appear come r1 though I’m also hoping for the best and I’ll downgrade and upgrade as options permit.

But yeah I’m with you and reckon the optomists are doomed, given we’ll all grab whatever is available ill give my tips for r1 170kers for free in addition to the Gould coin toss.

Rory Thompson from GC is a great bench slow burn option in def, if fit, following all the injuries he’s had. As a lockdown key defender he will average 45-50, no wait but there’s more, he is probably best 22 still (if fit) so will play and at some stage will most likely put up a big score, 2 weeks after that you cash him in. Beggars can’t be choosers after all so when life gives you lemons, punch life in the nads, take the lemons anyway and cash em in for $150k or so give or take.

Harrison Jones from Essendon is probably the best chance, the bombers #1 pick from 2019 is a key position forward in a rebuilding team without any key position forward, he’s basically JUH for $100k less, better job security and…. yeah I’ve got nothing, but fair chance of playing next to 2 meter peter.

Pick 3 is Just over at $172k, Will Kelly from Collingwood (boooo) on debut came out looking like a superstar then killed himself trying to take a massive hanger before half time (correct me if I misremembered) surely is in if fit but apparently injured a couple of weeks ago, if fit r1 bench him, bench him good.

That’s all I see, got fingers crossed for Ely Smith, and Valente but both are probably long shots, would love to hear of any others from anyone with a good chance of r1 including real reasons supporing why.

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Call it optimism but the reality is Personally still feel there will be rookies (maybe not a heap of 170k guys but there should be a few in that 200k-300k bracket). Guys like Cockatoo, Phillips, Campbell, Maginness, DGB, Jones, Idun, Pearce, Hamling, Macrae etc.

There’s also ones like Rowe (mature ager, fills a need for the Crows plus coming off a 38 goal SANFL season or something), Durdin (again fills a need for the Blues, also played senior footy in the SANFL). Gould I agree is 50/50 at this stage, there’s been a bit of noise around Chugg from the Pies. Ned Cahill is an interesting I’ve seen, Bombers want him to play off half-back to replace Saad/McKenna and Gia has said they really rate his endurance and foot skills, 189k could be an option. Kelly seems a no-brainer if fit and Ely Smith has seen a bit of buzz from the lions camp. Overall think we might have just enough but obviously need to wait and see.

February 15, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Agree we’ll make do, no choice really. Cahill I’ll give you, even if over bottom by $20k he goes on my list, thanks for the response but you’ve given me and poor old motor nothing else. Jones and Kelly I covered, pearce and hamling are already nearly full price, DGB I’m banking on and reckon will play but is top price for a rook, especially as a KPP, hopefully he goes all Doedee and exceeds expectations, most of the rest are above $270k which is NOT rookie priced let alone the $170 we want and none are a lock to play except perhaps Phillips, well until he does a hammy or something anyway. Rowe looks like wilson 2.0, dominate sanfl but not get a game (I’m South Australian, people tell me crows and port stuff all the time without me even asking), also not bottom priced but fingers crossed.

We just need 12 or so to start (12!) Please anywan kenobi, your our only hope.

motor

February 16, 2021 at 12:49 am

I agree Mighty Puds that there will be enough rooks as you pointed out but not at 170k. Do you have 8 rooks at 200k on your bench? Or an addition 240k on the field (8*30)?

Mighty Puds

February 16, 2021 at 1:14 am

It’s unsustainable imo to have a heap of over 200k rookies on the bench (I don’t btw) because it just saps cash from your starting 18. Hopefully guys like Gould, Jones, Kelly play early to give us options.

Mighty Puds

February 16, 2021 at 1:12 am

The last couple of years have shown that paying up for rookies (not basement but those in the 200k-300k bracket, still rookies just not basement) is more than necessary. True we may not have many 170k guys to start but it’s more than likely over the course of the year guys like Gould, Bianco etc will debut and give us options. Last year’s champ is right imo, think people (as usual) are getting into a panic, but again we ca only wait, you honestly never know. Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Steve

February 16, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Thompson now long term injury

Shredder pigs

February 15, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Is it a bad idea to have Docherty, Walsh and Williams? Opinions please

bomberpap

February 15, 2021 at 9:10 pm

3 guns who will all improve on price and have strong upside. I’ve got them all. Probably would limit myself to no more than 3 players from the same team though.

Alex B

February 15, 2021 at 10:03 pm

First draft of my team. Was wondering if I could get some help please.

DEF: Laird, Williams, Milera, Cumming, H.Young, Lachie Young (Gould, Wehr).

MID: Walsh, Taranto, Cripps, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Hately, Powell (Valente, Mead).

RUCK: Grundy, Preuss (Fullerton).

FORW: Dunkley, Phillips, Rozee, Stephenson, Daniher, Cockatoo (Chugg, Bergman).

UTIL: Collier-Dawkins.

Mostly copied from podcasts and record. Have I gone a bit too silly with the value players and need some bigger players? Thanks.

February 15, 2021 at 10:50 pm

Honestly? Actually looks pretty good, a few players I’d not have gone with over others at similar price points, ie buddy before stupid stache every day, but general structure looks ok, I do suspect you’re tapped out though and if the rookpocalypse happens you’ll be scrambling to fill your team trying to replace the bottom pricers with playing rooks.

Alex B

February 16, 2021 at 9:25 am

Thanks for your help. Yeah I think Buddy is interesting based on current interesting. The rookies is going to be the toughest thing. Hopefully a few more answers in the pre season games.

Lach

February 15, 2021 at 10:21 pm

What is everyone going with for their premo forward, if they are?

Sidey – very heavily priced, may maintain average/improve but could also decrease in value.
    Danger – injured
    Zorko – touted more forward time
    Dunkley – is a bulldog player so who knows where hell play
    Marshall – tough opening fixture, and is a player who shouldnt improve average, just maintain
    Dusty – known for slow starts and is a player who will get you 90’s but thats about all he does.

Think im leaning towards punting on dunkley at this rate

Mighty Puds

February 15, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Rolling with Marshall as the only forward over 700k currently, largely due to the flexibility he allows, being able to cover Preuss if he sucks or become a viable R2 if Grundy/Gawn prove unattainable. Heeney and Phillips are next to him.

February 16, 2021 at 12:11 am

Dunkley and Dusty are getting a game at The Squids, both are potential value picks at the price due to sub optimal seasons fantasywise with career bests of over 110+ ave not that long ago, Dusty is in his prime, Dunks not there yet, both are flexible in role meaning potential to “rest” on field.

Dusty’s “slow starts” are a bit of a myth, if you check the last 4 seasons 3 are very solid, also check the stats, he rarely scores 90’s its overs or unders with him.

Dunkley…. yup, but is a beast when given the chance and I’m hoping he gets it this year given he’s out of contract, in demand and wants to be in the guts.

The rest are most likely the rest of the top 6 but with less upside, all are upgrade targets and I’ll be prioritising at least 2 of them as my upgrade targets early on depending who bottoms out early.

February 16, 2021 at 10:09 am

Marshall

With Ryder’s injury I think Marshall is definitely underpriced and will hence improve on his average.
      Also the safest pick in terms of role.

Justin Stitchup

February 16, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Dunkley for me

stoops

February 15, 2021 at 11:30 pm

suggestions and comments appreciated

DEF – Laird, Crisp, Williams, Cummings, Graniger-Barras, 170k (whoever plays) (2x170k)
    MID – Sidebottom, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Powell (2x170k)
    RUC – Grundy, Preuss (170k)
    FWD – Danger, Marshall, Phillips, Ugle-hagan, Thilthorpe, Cockatoo (2x170k)

Thinking of moving sidebottom forward and marshall to ruck when Preuss maxes out/Fails.

stoops

February 15, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Danger only in if fit obviously

February 16, 2021 at 12:37 am

To sound like a broken record, I reckon you’re taking a big risk relying on so many 170k players, you haven’t even got a utility lIsted which I assume will also be 170k. I also am guessing you don’t have cash banked to upgrade rooks for r1 in case you have to pay up to get 29 (ruck rook can be a chuck away) playing.

Also in fantasy I’d be focused on top players on each line, Marshall is a top 6 fwd but not top 2 ruck, sidey is a top 6 fwd but not likely a top 8 mid, for RDT & SC DPP is a great option, in fantasy with 2+ use em or lose em trades per week DPP is barely worth considering unless it is for a mid becoming relevant through gaining Def or Fwd.

However I do think you have a solid base for a team, you just need to free up some cash, via sidey &/or danger to “value” IMO, for a buffer so you’re ready for the r1 scramble.

stoops

February 16, 2021 at 1:11 am

Yeah cheers mate I definitely get what you’re saying. For me though there just aren’t many rooks we can 100 percent say will play most weeks. Ugle- hogan, graniger-barras, and thilthorpe should all get good game time being high draft picks but apart from that no one is an absolute lock. So I decided to pick players who will be a solid 80-100 every week.
        Ill most likely go danger to Connor rozee to free up cash for better rookies.

Kinger

February 16, 2021 at 12:30 am

Advice thanks guys
    18k left
    Doch, Williams, harmes, cumming, h.young, Jones (wehr, gould)
    Merrett, titch, laird, taranto, rowell, cunnjngton, maginnes, cockatoo ( mead, e.smith)
    Grundy, preuss (fullerton)
    Dunks, phillips, caldwell, daniher, campbell, perkins (rowe, Bergman)
    (Macrae)

Thanks

motor

February 16, 2021 at 1:53 am

The same “problem” keeps reappearing in teams that are posted. A reliance on 170k players on the bench. We all saw it happen last year in the defenders. It is well and good to have bench players earning money but useless if there are no other players coming through to downgrade to in order to access your gains. In general I don’t think there is a lot of dispute that rookies are thin on the ground this year to begin with so, to me, it seems a no brainer that finding downgrade targets during the season will not be any less of a task.

The solution? I will post as soon as I have fathomed the “meaning of life”.

We can all plan, we can all surmise, we can all suppose, but only one of us will “drive away”.

BishBoshBash

February 16, 2021 at 4:46 am

G’day guys,

First timer here some advice from more seasoned pros would be appreciated

DEF: Laird, Docherty, Williams, Milera, H. Young, L. Young (Gould, Bianco)

MID: Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Serong, Sloane, Cunnington, W. Phillips, F. Macrae (Valente, RCD, Mead)

RUC: O’Brien, Preuss (Fullarton)

FWD: Dunkley, Heeney, T. Phillips, Rozee, Dow, Cockatoo (Kelly, Rowe)

Loo

February 16, 2021 at 6:24 am

AFL Fantasy – $102,000 remaining

Def – Laird, Stewart, Z.Williams, Harmes, DGB, L.Jones (Gould, Thompson)

Mid – Gaff, Duncan, Cogs, Rowell, Cunnington, W.Phillips, Hollands, Macrae (Bianco, Valente)

Ruck – Gawn, Preuss (Treacy)

Fwd – Marshall, Heeney, T.Phillips, J.Cameron, JUH, Rowe (H.Jones, W.Kelly)

Utility – Chugg

Thoughts? First time really having a crack at fantasy, long time RDT player.

The Chosen Won

February 16, 2021 at 10:03 am

7 rookies on field could pose a problem, Look for value picks with Premos to free up cash to spend a little more on rookies that look likely to have decent job security.

I have 2 rookies in my starting team Phillips who i think should play R1 and Powell who is 50/50 to play R1.

In RDT i have 1 rookie in my starting 22 (Phillips)

The year of value players IMO

Good Luck

lol

February 16, 2021 at 10:12 am

Cheers, will have another crack