Podcast

Round two selection issues, fixture analysis – Ep. 346

PODCAST: Roy, Calvin and Warnie have a home brew to chat about the new fixture.

It’s time to get serious. The fixture for round two through to five have been announced and Calvin cracks out his red and green tables to look at the Scale of Hardness. Warnie runs through the main things we need to know about the upcoming fixture and attempt to make the team changes for round two. Plus the lads answer your questions..

Click here to download.

Episode guide

1:30 – Roy and Calvin sample Warnie’s iso-home brew.

5:00 – The lads talk through the next four rounds as announced on Monday.

13:15 – Calvin analyses the fixture to look at the teams with the best and worst upcoming fixtures.

15:40 – Max Gawn’s run of games looks very tasty.

21:00 – Who are the likely ins and outs for round two that may affect Fantasy teams.

30:00 – Fremantle could make a swag of changes.

35:30 – Could Mitch Georgiades make way for Charlie Dixon?

40:00 – Warnie predicts the Giants will bring in Callan Ward and Zac Williams for Tom Green and Isaac Cumming.

46:10 – Lachie Hunter definitely won’t be playing in round two, but who else joins him on the sidelines as Tom Liberatore and Patrick Lipinski are good chances to play.

48:20 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.

51:30 – Is trading Sam Jacobs to Sam Naismith worth it?

55:00 – Should be be trading out premiums for value options?

56:30 – Callan Ward v Jack Viney.

Click here to buy a Fantasy Pig t-shirt

Find the podcast

William

May 26, 2020 at 6:56 pm

Are we starting from scratch or is it going to ridiculously continue where it left off ?

William

May 26, 2020 at 6:57 pm

Ridiculous if it doesn’t start from scratch considering suddenly players like Cal Ward/Adam Treloar etc are available and rookies are in far different situations now.

Warnie

May 26, 2020 at 7:57 pm

You lost all credibility using Adam Treloar as an argument. He was likely to be playing round two even if the season didn’t get put on hold…

William

May 27, 2020 at 7:18 pm

It’s a shame someone who finishes as low as you always do has the influence on the game that they do.
        One player mentioned completely rules out my point does it ? Nice logic.
        Callan Ward was a certain out R2 but is now likely.
        Heppell now may be available.
        Acres.
        Hogan.
        Houli.
        Need anymore to prove my point ?
        Months between R1 and R2.

thebopper58

May 27, 2020 at 2:59 am

Thanks Gents
    Biggest take from the podcast Warnie quote “WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN”
    Good luck for season opener :)

4. Fooz

Fooz

May 27, 2020 at 10:41 am

All I can think of is that I don’t have any Marsh Hype #staystrong to worry about now. It’s like opening Schroedinger’s box and still not being sure if my fantasy team is dead or alive…

The Chosen Won

May 27, 2020 at 2:01 pm

I am not sure why Jack Stevens doesn’t just come out and say…Look i was drunk fooling around with another bird and my girlfriend busted me, She was within her rights to throw a knife at me!

Good Luck in 2021

The Chosen Won

May 27, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Bonus trades in rounds 2-5 is not the answer you need cash cows to upgrade and this doesn’t happen in one or two week, We will be forced to downgrade our premo’s to generate cash flow and then teams will end up all looking the same!

RIP Fantasy 2020

Good Luck in 2021

Warnie

May 27, 2020 at 5:38 pm

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Funny thing is, even if you quit now, you’ve lasted long than most seasons. It’s been 10 weeks since round one… this is a PB.

The Chosen Won

May 27, 2020 at 7:44 pm

Same PREDICTABLE WarnDog since 2014,

Still soo easy to bait!

You are not worthy of a good luck!

William

May 27, 2020 at 7:22 pm

I can guarantee I’ve played this game longer than you have and I can guarantee because you are the most mouthy one of the DT Talk (for some unknown reason, because you are easily the worst) that I make sure I finish above you every year and continue to tick that box. Yet you think you this almighty right to speak on behalf of the game more than anyone else and like your opinion matters more. How about finishing somewhere decent and than maybe I’ll listen. How dare someone have a difference of opinion to you right ?

The Chosen Won

May 27, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Warnie has been like that since 2014!

Good Luck in 2021

Warnie

May 27, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Okay, okay.

1). I have been playing this game since its inception – still remember checking it out at Uni in the good old computer lab – even as a high school kid in the mid-90s I sent off my newspaper clipping to pick a side (even had to order the paper in as I grew up in a small coastal town in Tasmania).

2). It’s easy to say how I finish so low all of the time and that you’re better. Last year was disappointing (around 1500), but the year before was 137th… I’ve had two top 100 finishes in my career including a 13th and plenty inside top 1000. While you might be better, I don’t think my credibility on results is something you can have a dig at.

3). Mouthy? Come on. Fantasy footy is all about banter. Old mate The Chosen Won likes to chirp, so I give it back to him. As for the comment above about Treloar, he won’t play – but he was on track to play round two when it was back in March (probably won’t now though according to Bucks’ comments today). Fair enough some of your other names, but you’d have to be pretty naive to think that the season wasn’t going to be interrupted considering they only decided to officially go ahead with it <24 hours before the Tigers v Blues game.

4). I don't have much pull in the game - I throw my two cents in - and particularly on this, I was keen on 5 trades and then 2 following that. It is what it is. Sadly, as someone who takes on board everything that is said and reports back to the big dogs (not because I have to, but because I choose to for the betterment of the game) I often am stuck having to play Devil's advocate for issue - communicate reasons why, or an alternative view. I will, however, throw out things that I strongly believe such as no to unlimited trades for integrity of the game and also knowing that the T&Cs wouldn't work with that. It's not about a difference of opinion, it is more often that not giving some logic around why that wouldn't work.

Fantasy brings passion, I love that. I always want what's best for the game. On your point, unlimited trades certainly isn't.

The Chosen Won

May 28, 2020 at 6:13 am

Edit:

My 2018 ranking of 137th was thanks to my new best friend Selby who i rang daily for trade updates :)

Good Luck

Warnie

May 28, 2020 at 6:41 am

I’m stoked that a joke on the podcast is still living strong with you.

The Chosen Won

May 28, 2020 at 7:07 am

I dont listen to your podcast.

Good Luck in 2021

Warnie

May 28, 2020 at 8:35 am

?

dulcify56

May 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm

Hey Warnie,

I’m not sure how your T-Shirt sales are going, but judging by the number of sooks who are posting here recently, maybe you should consider selling boxes of tissues.

From rounds 2 – 5 we have 3 trades each round. I personally think this is quite fair. Unlimited trades I believe is not the answer. I no longer play Super Coach so I don’t know the amount of trades allowed there. RDT are giving us four trades for round 2 then reverting back to the normal two. Is this fair? I don’t know, but I will abide by their rules and not have a sook about it.

As for longevity in playing Fantasy footy, I have been playing this game since the mid 90’s starting when it was run by Optus, which evolved into SUPERCOACH with Ron Barassi. I still have the booklets containing all players names along with rules and regulations. INSIDE FOOTBALL was another magazine that ran a Fantasy competition. Over the years along came Real Dream Team, Super Coach, Fantasy and a few others.

I have had a lot of fun playing Fantasy Footy and I hope to continue doing so. My best ever yearly ranking was 60th, not great, but I have had a fair bit of success in winning many leagues and weekly prizes. Managed to win a $1000 weekly prize way back in 1997 and several other top 10 finishes. My passion at the moment is playing DT Shiva. I joined in 2016 starting in Division 16,
        finishing 3rd. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to go back to back to back.

Warnie

May 29, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Good onya, dulcify56.

It’s nice to see some positivity here! I think the biggest thing people forget about any decisions or rules is that we all play by them. No one gets a special set of rules (even if Roy jokes about getting an extra million in his salary cap – doesn’t help him).

I’m looking forward to everything being back. This lockdown/isolation is making things pretty toxic. Look at some of the footy media at the moment. We are always try to be glass half-full about everything we do!

Hopefully once the games start back up, the sooking we are doing is about our shitty selections…

(Fantasy tissues is a GREAT merch idea… I’m onto it!).

PowerAde

June 5, 2020 at 1:48 pm

as long as you don’t jack the prices up if we have a second wave, tissues were much needed in my household for a few days during the panic buying period

PK

May 29, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Had to get the popcorn out for this one lads!

Jake

May 29, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Risk it for the biscuit. i’m bringing in Hibberd and Bailey Smith.