My Team

Drawing Board 2020

Start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team thanks to DT Live.

While we are waiting for AFL Fantasy Classic to open in January, our friend Chad at www.dtlive.com.au has got the 2020 version of his popular team picker, the Drawing Board, opened for coaches to start building their teams.

Chad has crunched the numbers and got a version up with what looks like accurate prices based on the information at hand.

• $13,000,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2019 average x magic number (approx 7418 for 2020).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2018 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2019, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Head to www.dtlive.com.au and under AFL, click on Drawing Board to start picking your squad of 30 players now. You will need a free account to get started. The easy to use and mobile friendly site has plenty of information including what average a player is priced at, their bye round, early opponents and an ownership percentage for registered teams on DT Live. Also, don’t forget to put in your projected average for your own user as well as compiling a site-wide projected average.

Copy and paste your team into the comments below simply from DT Live.

Click here to start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team for 2019 over at Chad’s dtlive.com.au

Jack

January 2, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Made some changes

What are your thoughts

Used: $12,991,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $9,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,631,000 (89.5%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 2065, Site Expected Total: 1689
    Def: R.Laird (102), H.Clark (90), S.Docherty (100), D.Roberton (77), B.Starcevich (55), J.McLennan (50) (H.Goddard (50), J.Koschitzke (50))
    Mid: A.Treloar (115), J.Dunkley (116), S.Coniglio (110), S.Ross (105), T.Mitchell (115), M.Rowell (70), M.Hibberd (55), M.Pickett (64) (J.Bytel (50), N.McHenry (50), T.North (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), R.O’Brien (105) (D.Cameron (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (116), D.Smith (105), J.Dawson (82.77), A.Brayshaw (89), I.Rankine (55), B.Cavarra (55) (I.Mosquito (50), M.King (55))

January 3, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Pretty good side I reckon! If anything maybe 1 or 2 too many mid pricers. You’re relying on Hunter Clark, Jordan Dawson and Andy Brayshaw to breakout. Although they’re not terrible picky I think at u can only take the punt on one of those guys, two at most. Guns and Rooks is almost always a better way to go I find. Also, your infield rookies are very cheap, which is risky as if they fail u will have to find the cash to pay up to better performing rookies. So, I would personally sacrifice someone like Treloar who I don’t think has a heap of upside for an underpriced premo like Cripps, Steele or Brayshaw and spending the money saved on upgrading rookies. Although these players are incredibly risky it’s far safer than going basement priced rooks in weak forward and back lines. There’s a long way to go till round 1, so plenty will change, but that’s not a bad effort for ur first team! Good luck

Toad

January 2, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Coniglio, Merrett or Cripps this year? Cheers Lads!

CJ

January 2, 2020 at 3:55 pm

I’ve gone for Coniglio but trying to find a way to also get Cripps… reckon he’s underpriced

January 3, 2020 at 7:36 pm

I would go coniglio every day of the week. I just feel like Cripps is very similar to Fyfe and will never be able to crack that 110 mark, Coniglio certainly can. Also, Merrett is priced at what he’ll average probably

Pendles4Brownlow

January 5, 2020 at 12:48 am

Coniglio is the best of the three by far. Merrett is proven, but Cogs benefits from being in a better team.

So many people on here are talking up Cripps, and he would make a good starting option as he will do well early – then the burden of carrying Carlton will begin to tell around round 9 or 10, at which time you will have to upgrade him

CJ

January 6, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Upgrading Cripps after the byes could be a good strategy actually, since he has the round 14 bye

January 6, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Merrett by a long way for me. Cripps has never averaged 110. Cogs has done it once, Merrett averaged over 117 for 2 seasons in a row. Cogs and Cripps have both had injury concerns in the past years, with Cogs only playing 15 games last year while Cripps managed 20, and in 2017 Cripps played 15 games while Cogs only managed 7. Meanwhile Merrett has missed just one game in the last four years. Also, Zerrett only scored below 90 twice last year from his 22 games. That is some great consistency.

So Zerrett has the runs on the board in terms of durability and scoring. If I had to rank them I’d go: Zerrett, Cogs, Cripps.

3. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

January 2, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Back again for another year,
    First draft is usually the best version of a team, probably the only thing to watch is the arrival of Steven and how Constable will stack up in the pecking order.

Cheers for any feedback in advance

TEAM NAME: Drunk pandas. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,975,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $25,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,615,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 1687, Site Expected Total: 1687
    Def: J.Lloyd (107.17), J.Crisp (97.74), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), H.Young (34.78), W.Gould (29.66) (H.Goddard (22.92), J.McLennan (22.92))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (111.08), S.Coniglio (103.67), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (90.46), C.Constable (75.90), M.Rowell (36.40), L.Valente (22.92), M.Pickett (22.92) (C.Lyons (22.92), N.McHenry (22.92), J.Bytel (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), D.Martin (97.20), J.Steven (88.03), A.Brayshaw (69.56), J.Townsend (35.86), I.Rankine (22.92) (J.Ross (22.92), M.King (22.92))

The Chosen Won

January 3, 2020 at 10:23 am

Welcome back Oscar look forward to kicking your butt again :)

Good Luck

January 3, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Really like the team! Really like the Jacobs and Stevens picks as they both have potential enormous upside but I don’t have the guts to pick them myself. Like the underpriced midfield, I have the exact same midfield plus Steele. However, I’m not sure of the reasoning behind the Constable pick but would love to hear ur thoughts. Another thing I would consider changing would maybe be Crisp as I’m not sure he has any upside, especially compared to similarly priced Laird and Williams who had a down year and potential midfield upside, potentially. Good luck!

Dylan

January 3, 2020 at 3:19 am

Been having a fiddle around with my draft for the new year, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Def: J.Lloyd, C. Daniel, S.Docherty, D.Roberton, H.Young, W.Gould (R.Thompson, JMcLennan)

Mid: J.Kelly, J.Dunkley, S.Coniglio, T.Mitchell, M.Rowell, D.Stephens, M.Pickett, N.McHenry (J.Bytel, L.Valente, E.Smith)

Ruc: B.Grundy, R.O’Brien (D.Cameron)

Fwd: L.Whitefield, D.Martin, J.Dawson, A.Brayshaw, J.Townsend, I.Rankine (S.McAdam, M.King)

Any feedback/thoughts, first major to my initial draft

January 3, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Really well balanced first team. The only concern may be the weak midfield as that is where majority of our points come from but we also have an abundance of rookies usually in this position, so I can see ur thinking here. Not too many mid pricers but the ones u have should be good, but maybe try beef up ur forward line or if available get rid of one of Dawson or Brayshaw for a rookie and spend that money in ur midfield. But all that being said a very good team with strong premiums. Good luck

Mad Fish

January 3, 2020 at 9:40 am

Are Young and Gould locks in the backline? At the moment I’ve only got Young.

January 3, 2020 at 10:10 am

Jeppa seems to think Gould will debut later on in the season, not round 1.
      Young should debut round 1

If both are named id be taking both.

At the moment I have Young D6, Roberton D5

Cammo

January 3, 2020 at 10:51 am

This is what I’ve thrown together. Needless to say, it’s subject to change (especially the bench players). Advice welcome.

TEAM NAME: 2020 first draft. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,988,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $12,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,628,000 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 2075, Site Expected Total: 1689
    Def: J.Lloyd (108), B.Houli (100), S.Docherty (100), D.Roberton (90), L.Ash (45), B.Starcevich (45) (J.McLennan (41), H.Goddard (32))
    Mid: J.Kelly (114), P.Cripps (105), T.Mitchell (122), A.Brayshaw (100), C.Ward (95), M.Rowell (80), N.McHenry (68), M.Pickett (68) (H.Brayshaw (60), J.Bytel (45), H.Jones (45))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), S.Jacobs (82) (S.Draper (30))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (110), D.Martin (95), J.Dawson (92), B.Fritsch (85), C.Jones (80), I.Rankine (51) (S.McAdam (35), M.King (49))

January 3, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Pretty good team! Houli will be unique but will be a gun, so like the pick. Midfield has a good mix of Uber premiums and underprice ones. However, your very mid/price heavy in the forward line. I doubt all three of Dawson, Fritsch and Jones will be successes. In fact, I will be lucky to even get two. I’m also not sure if the reasoning behind the Fritsch pick. Other than that a really good team. Only thing I would change was Fritsch for Flanders or a rookie around that price and then upgrade Jacobs who isn’t a terrible pick to someone safer like Lycett or ROB.

Jack

January 3, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Do I go

Chayce Jones and 2 170k rookies in defence.
    Or
    170k rookie and Hayden young and Will Gould

January 3, 2020 at 2:40 pm

To hard to say this early, but if Young and Gould both named round 1 id be taking that combo.

Really depend on the FWD rookies that play round 1 tho, doesnt seem like many options. Might have to pay up

January 3, 2020 at 7:57 pm

First team of the season, any thoughts appreciated!

Bank: $16 000

DEF: Laird, Williams, Docherty, Robertson, Young, Starcevich (Bianco, Goddard)
    MID: Dunkley, Coniglio, Ross, Mitchell, Ward, Rowell, Roberton, Pickett (McHenry, Bytel, Collier-Dawkins)
    RUC: Grundy, Lycett (Draper)
    FWD: Whitfield, Greene, Dawson, Franklin, Flanders, Rankine (Cavarra, King)

visolate

January 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Greene pick. I honestly don’t see him getting many midfield minutes when the likes of Kelly, Coniglio, Ward, Taranto, Hopper, de Boer and possibly a few of their younger players like Hately, Caldwell or Green in there. I assume you think ZWilliams might get a run in there too since you’re starting with him. I just think Greene’s price is extremely inflated by the midfield time and massive scores he pumped out last year which I can’t see him repeating unless there is a massive injury crisis between now and the start of the season.

Love the Lycett pick, a sneaky option I’m considering too with Ryder gone. Should get the bulk of the ruck time even with Ladhams and Buzza playing.

January 4, 2020 at 3:52 am

Yeh you’re right I am relying on GWS playing all my picks in the guts which is highly unlikely and something I didn’t think about. I still like the picks in isolation considering their finish to the season but maybe all five of Whit, Cogs, Ward, Williams and Greene is a bit too much too ask for, thanks heaps!

January 4, 2020 at 9:36 am

Whit and cogs are a lock.
        Ward if fully fit should go close to 90, decent value
        Not sure Greene will get the same mid minutes with cogs and ward back.

What are you thinking Williams will do this year? He finished so well last year and Whitfield has moved more mid/fwd than rebound half back.
        Iam hoping Williams can avg 100.

January 4, 2020 at 4:54 pm

I think Williams can go 95, but I’m starting to have doubts over were he will play so might downgrade to someone like Houston with more upside. Ward hasn’t dropped below 90 in years, so is as safe as houses. Greene I’ll monitor during pre season but if he’s in the guts you would be silly not to have him. Cheers

January 3, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Def: Z.Williams (95), D.Houston (95), S.Docherty (102), C.Blakely (95), D.Roberton (85), H.Young (60) (B.Starcevich (25.48), J.McLennan (22.92))

Mid: J.Dunkley (115), S.Coniglio (110), S.Ross (105), T.Mitchell (115), B.Gibbs (95), M.Rowell (70), M.Hibberd (60), M.Pickett (70) (T.North (22.92), J.Bytel (22.92), N.McHenry (60))

Ruc: B.Grundy (122), S.Jacobs (87) (L.Meek (22.92))

Fwd: L.Whitfield (115), J.Dawson (95), L.Franklin (87), A.Brayshaw (87), C.Jones (70), B.Cavarra (50) (I.Rankine (22.92), M.King (22.92))
    $28k left in the bank

Iam thinking Iam pretty set with this team
    Only selection not sure on is Ross, maybe Steele is a better pick?

What do you guys think?

Jack

January 4, 2020 at 10:10 am

Hey kingzy team looks pretty solid. I reckon Williams will average not much different to what he did last year. I do like the Gibbs selection a lot. To hard to say whether to go Ross or Steele I reckon both of them will average around the same.

January 4, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Pretty good team, I like all your selections but I think it’s too mid-price heavy. Guns and rooks is generally a better way to go as I doubt all of your gambles will pay off. Good luck

January 4, 2020 at 10:07 pm

I do agree with the guns and rooks approach, but I have gone that way the last few years and the best rank I have been able to get is in the 120’s.
        The top 10 from last year started with alot more underpriced or mid priced players, I think its those risks and the cash saved to be able to spend on D5 and F5 and rooks in general that will gain points at the start and better JS on the rookies over all.
        It might back fire, but without risks you cant get ahead of the pack.

I also think there is to much emphases put on the top 6 / 8 / 2 / 6 in their lines, mainly through the rolling 22, following that has derailed my last 2 seasons at the end I should of been top 100 if I didnt pay attention to that advice,

I guess worst case if a mid pricer doesnt pay off it makes cash to downgrade to a bolter, rather than trying to upgrade a failed rookie.

bullant9

January 6, 2020 at 2:06 am

Blameing other people , cmon kingzy your a better coach than that

Hawk

January 6, 2020 at 9:41 am

What’s a blameing ???? Sorry I don’t speak special ed

January 6, 2020 at 11:08 am

Its 100% my fault, not the advice. My choices at the end of the day.
            I get to focused on the top of each line when there are better options which are POD’s, especially at the start of the year with all the value I usually go the top most expensive players rather than taking the risks on mid pricers.
            Started with Dunkely last year over Worpel, to be ‘safe’ as he was a top 6 the previous year as an example

bullant9

January 6, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Lucky no one’s talking to you then , ya rock spider

Pendles4Brownlow

January 7, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I think your approach is fine. It is not mid-price madness; they are under-priced in most cases so it is justified. There is a risk but no risk – no reward.

I would question the inclusion of Gibbs and Buddy – Gibbs may start off as the go-to defender, but he could easily be in the reserves after a couple of matches; which Buddy will show up and can Sydney get the ball to him.

Matt

January 3, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Def: R.Laird Z.Williams S.Docherty D.Robertson H.Young W.Gould
    (M.Ling H.Goddard)

Mid: J.Macrae A.Treloar S.Coniglio T.Mitchell C.Ward M.Rowell C.Serong M.Pickett
    (T.North J.Bytel N.Henry)

Ruc: B.Grundy S.Jacobs
    (D.Cameron)

Fwd: L.Whitfield D.Smith L.Franklin A.Brayshaw J.Townsend B.Cavarra
    (S.McAdam I.Rankine)

I have $34,000 left over what do you guys think of my team and do i need to do any changers?

January 5, 2020 at 3:24 am

Pretty solid team! Not too many risky picks which is good and the two you have taken IMO are in the forward line in Buddy and Brayshaw where we can most afford to take a punt. You have paid up big time in the midfield which looks awesome and safe but recently it’s proven that the underprice premiums who have a jump of 10 points are most successful. So, I think u have room for one of those players like Ross, Steele, Brayshaw, etc by downgrading one of your Uber premiums. Where I suggest you spend that money is on Jacobs as I’m not convinced he will return to anywhere near his best, but is certainly worth a watch in pre season. Good luck

2 for 222

January 4, 2020 at 4:04 am

Thoughts on my team? Basically just tried to pick in my opinion underpriced players hence the backline as I’m not feeling any of the top dogs are worth it with so many cheaper options there.

Def- Sicily, Houston, H Clark, Doch, Roberton, H Young (170k, 170k)
    Mid- Dunkley, Coniglio, T Adams, S Ross, Mitchell, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett (170k, 170k, 170k)
    Ruck- Grundy, ROB (170k)
    Fwd- Whitfield, Devon, Brayshaw, J Townsend, Flanders, Rankine (170k, 170k)

Tarn

January 4, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Love the Adams pick I think he’s in for a bounce back year

Matt

January 4, 2020 at 7:48 pm

You do know he is injuried atm

The Chosen Won

January 5, 2020 at 9:34 am

You believe there will be 8 $170 rookies playing round 1?

Good Luck in 2020

Jack

January 4, 2020 at 10:22 am

Def: R.Laird (102), D.Houston (95), S.Docherty (100), D.Roberton (77), H.Young (63), B.Starcevich (55) (J.Koschitzke (50), H.Goddard (50))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (116), S.Coniglio (110), J.Steele (105), S.Ross (105), T.Mitchell (115), M.Rowell (70), M.Hibberd (55), M.Pickett (63) (N.McHenry (55), T.North (50), J.Bytel (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), S.Jacobs (90) (D.Cameron (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (116), D.Smith (105), J.Steven (98), A.Brayshaw (90), C.Jones (68), I.Rankine (55) (M.King (55), B.Cavarra (55))

Tarn

January 4, 2020 at 1:08 pm

Solid team with around 12 keepers. At this stage I prefer Steele over Ross if the talks of him playing a ball winning role is true.

Tarn

January 4, 2020 at 12:58 pm

Def: J.Sicily (95), S.Docherty (100), C.Blakely (94), D.Roberton (78), H.Young (62), B.Starcevich (60) (J.McLennan (55), M.Ling (55))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (115), S.Coniglio (112), T.Adams (108), T.Mitchell (115), A.Brayshaw (105), M.Rowell (70), H.Schoenberg (62), M.Pickett (65) (L.Valente (55), N.McHenry (55), J.Bytel (55))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (120), M.Gawn (112) (D.Cameron (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (112), D.Martin (102), I.Heeney (96), B.Acres (88), J.Mahony (56), B.Cavarra (55) (I.Rankine (55), S.McAdam (55))

After playing around with different structures I decided to pay up for Gawn by going light in defence. I just think NicNat and Jacobs are high risk and I dont wanna deal with finding cash to upgrade if they flop early in the season. Love to hear what you think.

Jack

January 4, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Solid team. I don’t think dusty is that good of an option this season I would prefer to go Devon Smith instead. I don’t mind the Grundy and Gawn set and forget.

matt

January 4, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Thoughts and advice???

TEAM NAME: milky’s allstars. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,936,000 (99.5%), Remaining: $64,000 (0.5%) On Ground: $11,556,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,380,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2135, Site Expected Total: 1673
    Def: Z.Williams (99), S.Docherty (105), C.Blakely (95), A.Cerra (85), B.Starcevich (70), M.Ling (50) (J.McLennan (50), H.Goddard (50))
    Mid: T.Taranto (115), M.Bontempelli (112), S.Coniglio (116), T.Mitchell (115), B.Gibbs (100), W.Setterfield (95), M.Rowell (80), D.Stephens (80) (J.Bytel (50), L.Valente (50), M.Pickett (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (114), S.Jacobs (90) (T.De Koning (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (108), D.Smith (105), A.Brayshaw (85), A.Bonar (80), N.Cockatoo (60), I.Rankine (60) (S.McAdam (50), B.Cavarra (50))

Matt

January 4, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Def: R.Laird Z.Williams S.Docherty D.Robertson H.Young W.Gould
    (M.Ling H.Goddard)

(T.North J.Bytel N.Henry)

Ruc: B.Grundy S.Jacobs
    (D.Cameron)

Fwd: L.Whitfield D.Smith L.Franklin A.Brayshaw J.Townsend B.Cavarra
    (S.McAdam I.Rankine)

Dave

January 4, 2020 at 9:36 pm

HI Guys
    1st draft still have plenty left in the bank.
    Would like your thoughts.
    Cheers

TEAM NAME: Backyard Specialist . (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,670,000 (97.5%), Remaining: $330,000 (2.5%) On Ground: $11,132,000 (85.6%), On Bench: $1,538,000 (11.8%)
    Expected Total: 1622, Site Expected Total: 1622
    Def: J.Lloyd (107.17), D.Houston (80.35), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), H.Young (34.78), H.Goddard (22.92) (T.Bianco (24.53), J.McLennan (22.92))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (111.08), S.Coniglio (103.67), T.Mitchell (90.46), J.Selwood (78.86), C.Ward (72.66), M.Rowell (36.40), N.Anderson (36.13), M.Pickett (22.92) (D.Stephens (35.32), F.Maginness (28.85), J.Bytel (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), H.Greenwood (78.32), C.Rozee (72.66), L.Franklin (70.50), S.Flanders (33.70), I.Rankine (22.92) (E.Taylor (26.96), B.Cavarra (22.92))

chris slade

January 4, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Used: $12,983,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,623,000 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 1689, Site Expected Total: 1689
    Def: R.Laird (96.93), H.Clark (77.38), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), W.Gould (29.66), J.McLennan (22.92) (H.Goddard (22.92), M.Ling (22.92))
    Mid: C.Oliver (105.96), S.Coniglio (103.67), P.Cripps (101.51), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (90.46), C.Ward (72.66), M.Rowell (36.40), T.Brown (22.92) (M.Pickett (22.92), J.Bytel (22.92), N.McHenry (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), M.Gawn (111.35) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), M.Walters (93.56), A.Brayshaw (69.56), J.Townsend (35.86), I.Rankine (22.92), B.Cavarra (22.92) (M.King (22.92), J.Ross (22.92))

Have played around with a few different structures but am liking the idea of the value mids with upside, forwards might be one premo weak which I can probably drop Ward down for… Any other feeback appreciated!

Daniel

January 5, 2020 at 12:26 am

Def: B.Houli (103.26), R.Laird (100), S.Docherty (102), D.Roberton (83), H.Young (34.78), W.Gould (29.66) (L.Ash (35.59), T.Bianco (24.53))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (115), S.Coniglio (110), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (118), C.Ward (90), D.Robertson (60), N.McHenry (22.92), M.Pickett (70) (M.Rowell (36.40), J.Sharp (29.39), J.Bytel (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), R.O’Brien (95.58) (S.Draper (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (115), M.Walters (93.56), A.Brayshaw (87), A.Bonar (75), S.Flanders (33.70), S.McAdam (22.92) (I.Rankine (22.92), M.King (22.92))

Hamish Kenny

= 11255k
    = 1745k left for 8 subs
    = 218k each.

thoughts??

William Tuffley

January 5, 2020 at 6:33 pm

my drawing board say my username doesn’t exist. someone help plz

Daniel

January 5, 2020 at 6:47 pm

Have you got your glasses on herb ???

January 5, 2020 at 8:40 pm

Howdy all. I don’t play AFL Fantasy, but I’d appreciate it if y’all could take a gander at my RDT Team Picker team and give me your feedback. It’s still early so all the rookies are subject to change.

Team Name: The Harlequins

Cash Left: $3,300

Def: J.Lloyd, J.Crisp, J.Sicily, A.Witherden, H.Goddard, J.McLennan (M.Cottrell, W.Gould)

Mid: J.Kelly, A.Treloar, J.Dunkley, D.Zorko, T.Mitchell, M.Rowell, M.Pickett, M.Hibberd (N.McHenry, L.Valente, J.Sharp)

Ruc: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (D.Cameron)

Fwd: L.Whitfield, D.Martin, J.Steven, S.Hill, I.Rankine, E.Taylor (M.King, J.Mahony)

All feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 7:45 am

Plenty of value players NOT in your team.

Good Luck in 2020

January 6, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Could you please elaborate, Mr Won. What value players do you think I’m missing out on? To me this looks like a great Guns ‘n’ Rookies team. I already have some value players in Witherden, Sicily, Steven and Steven Hill. There are plenty of value players that are not in my team, but I can’t have all of the ‘value’ players that are out there or my team would just be mid-priced mayhem. Is there anything specifically that you don’t like, or that I could improve on.

Thank you, good luck to you in 2020 as well.

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Everyone has a different strategic direction when you have only 30 trades for 22 weeks + Finals.

RDT is the best format of Fantasy with pricing reflecting what is actually happening with the player in recent times not years ago. Lots of value great stepping stones make sure you dont miss out.

Good Luck in 2020

January 6, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Yeah, I agree that RDT is best when it comes to player pricing. That’s why I don’t play Fantasy. RDT is a limited trade format though, so starting with a bunch of ‘stepping stones’ is maybe not a great idea. I might be tempted to start with one or two if someone really puts their hand up in the pre-season, but this team I have now, if all my ‘premos’ fire then I have 14 keepers, which reduces the number of trades I have to use.

Warnie

January 6, 2020 at 7:24 pm

When you say ‘recent times’, you do realise every player who played 10 or more games is priced at their average in Fantasy? The discounted players are priced on a discounted ‘average’ which is the higher of the last two seasons so they are not ridiculously underpriced and therefore helps to challenge coaches.

So when you say ‘years ago’, you’re getting a bit fake news there, old mate. It’s either one or two years – unless of course someone has missed two seasons and then their price is discounted based on their last available average.

Remember they are different games. To use some terminology from the uneducated on the formats, it’s limited trades versus ‘unlimited’ trades – they games need to be different.

(FYI – the trades aren’t unlimited… you just get two each week, three in byes, which requires a different strategy – not better, not worse, just different).

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 8:00 pm

I cannot believe how easy you took the bait..

Do you lie awake at night thinking about beating me.?

Just wondering?

Good Luck in 2020

Warnie

January 6, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I don’t have to wonder about beating you…

William Tuffley

January 5, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Used: $12,977,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $23,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,590,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,387,000 (10.7%)

Def: R.Laird (96.93), S.Docherty (75.90), C.Blakely (74.82), T.Doedee (54.33), D.Roberton (44.08), B.Starcevich (25.48) (H.Goddard (22.92), M.Ling (22.92))

Mid: A.Treloar (113.10), Z.Merrett (108.25), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (90.46), B.Gibbs (80.88), C.Ward (72.66), L.Davies-Uniacke (53.25), M.Rowell (36.40) (M.Hibberd (26.56), M.Pickett (22.92), L.Valente (22.92))

Ruc: S.Lycett (83.45), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))

Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), H.Greenwood (78.32), L.Franklin (70.50), A.Brayshaw (69.56), S.Flanders (33.70), S.McAdam (22.92) (I.Rankine (22.92), M.King (22.92))

Give me improvements

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 7:51 am

You will find at some point you will need to sacrifice another player to make the jump to Grundy and/or Gawn could be costly.

Don’t listen to others hype about players do your own research and trust it *Cough LDU*

Good Luck

Jack

January 6, 2020 at 2:56 pm

I agree do your own research it can really benefit you. Like last year everyone had hype about Angus Brayshaw. But I did my research and didn’t pick him and well it helped a lot.

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 6:20 pm

I was very vocal in the preseason about Angus and how he was just hype and what do you know, Now were is Beau Chapman when you need him!

Good Luck in 2020

January 6, 2020 at 3:19 pm

I like Lycett as a POD.

Pendles4Brownlow

January 7, 2020 at 11:19 pm

Lycett as a POD is fine, but surely alongside either Grundy or Gawn. To start with neither of them is asking for trouble.

Mad Fish

January 6, 2020 at 5:58 pm

How does everyone rate this team?

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, Doch, Robert, Young, Gould, (Thompson, Goddard)
    MID: Dunkley, Zerrett, Cogs, Titch, Ward, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett, (Valente, Brayshaw, Lyons)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn, (Cameron)
    FWD: Whitield, Wingard, Brayshaw, Acres, Townsend, Rankine, (McAdam, King)

CJ

January 6, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Cripps or T Kelly for M4?

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 6:34 pm

Cripps

Good Luck

January 6, 2020 at 7:24 pm

Don’t really fancy either. Cripps probably has slightly more upside, Kelly probably slightly more consistent and durable. I guess if I had to pick I would go for Cripps, though Kelly could thrive in the west.

PowerAde

January 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm

TEAM NAME: PowerAde2020. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,997,000 (100%), Remaining: $3,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,637,000 (89.5%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 1684, Site Expected Total: 1684
    Def: J.Lloyd (107.17), R.Laird (96.93), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), B.Starcevich (25.48), M.Ling (22.92) (H.Macreadie (22.92), H.Goddard (22.92))
    Mid: J.Kelly (115.93), Z.Merrett (108.25), P.Dangerfield (107.58), S.Coniglio (103.67), T.Mitchell (90.46), N.Cockatoo (34.38), C.Lyons (22.92), M.Pickett (22.92) (L.Valente (22.92), H.Brayshaw (22.92), H.Jones (22.92))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (111.35), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), D.Martin (97.20), D.Smith (97.06), J.Patton (49.34), J.Brander (29.25), S.McAdam (22.92) (B.Cavarra (22.92), I.Rankine (22.92))

January 6, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Really interesting setup. One of the only teams I’ve seen without Grundy in it, and one of the only ones I’ve seen with Dangerfield. By my count you’ve got 12 Keepers, possibly more depending on how Jacobs and Roberton perform. Some great POD cash cows in Patton and Cockatoo, and you’ve clearly done your research on the rookies. Great stuff.

The Chosen Won

January 6, 2020 at 8:10 pm

With Timothy gone Patrick should be a ball hog once again.

Good Luck in 2020

Dave

January 6, 2020 at 6:57 pm

Hi guys
    1st draft can i have your thoughts.
    Cheers

TEAM NAME: Backyard Specialist . (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Expected Total: 1622, Site Expected Total: 1622
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))

January 6, 2020 at 7:18 pm

You have a lot of money still left in the bank. If I was you, I’d use that to upgrade Selwood to a legitimate Premium. Otherwise, it looks pretty good. I’m not personally going for Grundy/Jacobs but I can definitely see why you would. You’ve gone for a few POD’s in Rozee, Greenwood, Franklin and Houston. I don’t particularly like Rozee, Greenwood or Houston, I think there are better POD options that you could go for. I do like Franklin though. I’ve got a feeling he may bounce back.

So, yeah, just use that money to strengthen your midfield a little and you should be golden.

Dave

January 6, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Rozee been training with the mids so im sure that should bump him up 10 to 15 pts.
        Greenwood also is been training with the mids too. soo looking for some nice cash from these 2
        Selwood well unders for him.
        i Will spend the cash but looking to see how preseason goes.
        Cheers Joke_r

January 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Mate, it’s January. At this stage, every second player is ‘training with the midfield group’. It’s one of those pre-season cliches, don’t fall for it.

Hawk

January 7, 2020 at 12:03 am

Agreed…. most half forwards would be training with their midfield group to try to get a bigger tank and improve endurance and skill set. I wouldn’t buy into the hype of rozzee , Greenwood, Houston etc .

bullant9

January 7, 2020 at 1:53 am

Who is rozzee . Hahaha special ed hey . Fcking retard

Pendles4Brownlow

January 8, 2020 at 10:56 am

There are many better options than Selwood. He is a gun player, but Fantasy is not his style. You are far better off upgrading Selwood to a more vanilla option – Zerrett, Dramafield etc, or you risk being way behind right from the start.

Rozee, Greenwood and Houston are fine at this stage. Most teams have a couple of them. Watch the pre-season games, but even then be prepared for the event they will not be in the midfield.

David C

January 8, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Buddy just had knee surgery, you might need a replacement there.

Punchy

January 6, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Hey all, would love your thoughts/advice on my current team.

TEAM NAME: 2020 Clive’s Allstars (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,996,000 (100%), Remaining: $4,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,609,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,387,000 (10.7%)
    Expected Total: 1836, Site Expected Total: 1685
    Def: J.Sicily (95), D.Houston (90), S.Docherty (90), D.Roberton (80), H.Young (34.78), W.Gould (29.66) (J.McLennan (22.92), H.Goddard (22.92))
    Mid: J.Kelly (115.93), J.Dunkley (110), P.Dangerfield (107.58), S.Coniglio (110), T.Mitchell (105), M.Rowell (36.40), D.Stephens (35.32), X.O’Halloran (22.92) (M.Hibberd (26.56), N.McHenry (22.92), M.Pickett (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (120), S.Jacobs (85) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (110), D.Martin (97.20), C.Wingard (90), C.Jones (42.87), J.Townsend (75), S.Flanders (33.70) (M.King (22.92), I.Rankine (22.92))

January 7, 2020 at 5:23 am

Couple of things I would consider changing. Firstly, I feel like you have to have on of Lloyd or Laird. ATM your back line is pretty weak and although I like the Houston and Sicily selections, I feel like you can only have room for one of them. Josh Kelly will be unique but for a reason, he offers close to zero value as he’s priced at what he will average and still has some durability concerns. However, if you want an uber premium and are not searching for value he’s not a bad pick as he’s an absolute gun, but I prefer Macrae just for durability. Love the Dangerfield pick, I think he’s significant;y unders and I don’t have the guts to deal with the potential roller-coaster selection. Sam Jacobs is incredibly risky because if he fails you have nobody to go down to, so will need to sacrifice other parts of your team, but if you think he can go 85+ then back in your judgement and it will prove to be a masterstroke. In the forward line I think there’s better options than Dusty as he will still rest forward a lot, as he isn’t needed to go beast mode until finals, such as Dawson, Walters, Smith and Greene. Chayce Jones could be a good pick if he can replicate his respectable junior level scores. Hope this helps, good luck!

Punchy

January 7, 2020 at 9:04 pm

Thanks for your feedback! Agreed backline is slightly weak given no Lloyd/Laird but I feel Lloyd may potentially come back to the pack a little & I’m unsure what impact a new coach will have on Laird’s scoring. I have possibly spent too much money in mids but I do like how strong it is. Dusty may play fwd a bit but I don’t see him scoring much different so he should be a lock for top 6 fwd and I’m not totally convinced on any of those options you mentioned

Trent

January 6, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Thoughts on Jarryd Lyons? Averaged 114 from his last 10 games last season. Won’t get any attention with Neale and Zorko there

Dave

January 6, 2020 at 10:37 pm

I think Lyons will get tagged a bit this year, then again nearly every midfielder is at risk of getting tagged these days. Don’t know why we need to whinge and fart ass about it all the time, just accept it and move on .

January 6, 2020 at 11:06 pm

As a Brisbane supporter I agree with you. Absolutely no chance of Lyons getting tagged. I won’t be going for him but I can think of worse POD options. The Lions seem to like his big body in and around the contest. From memory he racked up huge numbers of CP’s and Centre Clearances. Towards the end of the season it seemed like they were going to him more and Zorko was pushing forward to kick goals, whether this continues next season, or whether they swing Lyons forward will be interesting to see. If you like him, back yourself. I can think of far worse options.

Jack

January 7, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Do I go
    Sicily
    or
    Dawson

January 7, 2020 at 8:14 pm

Tough one. Sicily has runs on the board, but Dawson has more upside, will be more unique and has that handy DPP. Both are very dependent on role, so watch closely in JLT. ATM I would be going with Sicily. Surely he won’t play forward again and the inclusions of Frost and Hartley should free him up.

Mad Fish

January 7, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Would love people to give advice on this team?

DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould, (Goddard, Thompson)
    MID: Dunkley, Zerrett, Dangerfield, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Hibberd, Pickett, (Valente, Lyons, Brayshaw)
    RUCK: Grundy, Jacobs, (Cameron)
    FWD: Whitfield, Smith, Steven, Townsend, Rankine, McAdam, (Cavarra, King)

January 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Very solid team. Back line is very strong with probably the three best defenders and good value picks. Midfield is elite, with five uber premiums who will certainly be in the mix for top 8 mid spots and all have upside. Maybe you could find room for a POD who is priced in the 90’s and pushes into the 100’s as they’re the players that give you a massive leg up on the competition. As I’ve said a couple of times I think I’m not confident Sam Jacobs can get back to his best and average the 85+ you need and if he fails you’re completely screwed as you will need to sacrifice other areas of your team early in the season to upgrade. Good forward line, but I’m not sure how much upside Devon Smith has, he was obviously hampered with injuries but he was scoring poorly at the start of last year, so is actually overpriced based on last season. Jack steven if fully fit is a gift. Hope this helps

Mad Fish

January 7, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Yeah, have been trying to fit Gawn in, but is hard to get to without hampering the other lines. I don’t know who else is a good premium forward because I don’t trust Dusty either. Any suggestions?

January 8, 2020 at 5:26 pm

You don’t need to get to Gawn. I honestly think ROB can average within 5 points of Gawn, which showed in the second half of the year where he went at 107 compared to Gawn’s 112. If your looking to save even more money, Lycett as a sole ruck averaged 105.4 and should be unique. Toby Greene is a better pick than Smith IMO if you want a high averaging forward with upside based on his second half of the year in the midfield. If you’re looking for more value, I really like Chad Wingard who averaged over 100 in the guts last year.

January 8, 2020 at 10:12 am

Hey Mad Fish
      Team looks solid as mate.

The only thing id be wary of is that forward line. I wouldnt be counting on Rankine to score well, he would be a bench option, and I dont think 4 x 170K rookies will be playing round 1.
      Id be looking to maybe downgrade Smith I dont think the value is there for him at his price, try and get some value option in the FWD line. There is a lot of good priced forwards this year, and I think the forward rookies will be low and have to pay up

January 8, 2020 at 9:57 am

Couple of picks I am struggling with

Sicily or Dawson
    Sicily or Blakely
    A Brayshaw or Dawson
    Wingard or Dawson

What do you guys think?

The Chosen Won

January 8, 2020 at 10:00 am

Sic Dawg
      Sic Dawg
      Neither
      Neither

Good Luck in 2020

January 8, 2020 at 10:13 am

Not keen on Dawson, Brayshaw and Wingard?

The Chosen Won

January 8, 2020 at 10:36 am

Or Sicdawg…

Good Luck in 2020

January 8, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Sicily – Done it before
      Sicily – Blakely won’t play enough games
      Dawson – Everything was pointing towards a breakout last year for Andy but it didn’t happen, so can’t see it happening this year.
      Wingard – Is cheaper and in last 5 games last year averaged 98.2 compared to Dawson’s 87.2. If he is playing mid, which he should considering how well he finished last year and how little impact he had when up forward, he is an absolute gift.

CJ

January 10, 2020 at 10:31 am

I’ve gone for Brayshaw and Wingard in my forward line. banking on both playing more in the midfield, but see my forward structure being really dependent on Marsh series outcomes. Hoping to capitalise on the value in defence and forward… keeping an eye on blakely and Sicily as well to go for more of that price overall.

Jack

January 8, 2020 at 10:23 am

Having a lot of trouble with this one

Sicily or Houston

January 8, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Same… ATM I’m leaning towards Houston because there was a significant role change for him late last year where he averaged 103.2 in last 5, whereas Sicily could still play forward or as a lock down defender. Houston is training in the guts and if he is there in pre-season he should average 95, which Sicily will also do if he plays loose consistently. Houston is also cheaper, so if they average the same he is the better pick.

CJ

January 10, 2020 at 10:33 am

I’ve gone for Houston. Had Sicily too many times and been burned… not up for the rollercoaster again this year. But he definitely has a lot of upside… just wanting to take another risk with Houston and see how that goes.

matt

January 8, 2020 at 10:41 am

thoughts and brutal feedback

TEAM NAME: milky gunsnrook. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,991,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $9,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,581,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,410,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2016, Site Expected Total: 1677
    Def: Z.Williams (99), J.Sicily (83.58), S.Docherty (105), D.Roberton (77), H.Young (63), B.Starcevich (55) (W.Gould (50), M.Ling (50))
    Mid: J.Macrae (115.66), T.Taranto (115), Z.Merrett (108.25), S.Coniglio (116), T.Mitchell (115), M.Rowell (80), D.Stephens (80), L.Valente (50) (M.Pickett (50), H.Brayshaw (22.92), J.Bytel (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (114), T.English (77.11) (D.Cameron (30))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (108), D.Smith (105), I.Heeney (89.78), S.Flanders (33.70), M.King (50), I.Rankine (60) (B.Cavarra (50), S.McAdam (50))

January 8, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Defence is good, but will need to see Williams entrenched in the guts during MARSH series to justify that selection. Midfield looks very good, but am not convinced on the Macrae and Taranto picks as I don’t see any upside for either of them. It’s the players who improve on their acerage by 5-10+ points who give you a massive advantage on the competition. For that reason I prefer Dunks over Macrae thanks to his shocking first half of the year where he was in the forward line. For Taranto, I would consider picking Cripps, Dangerfield, Steele, Ross or even Brayshaw who have more value. Don’t think there’s any reason why English would improve on his average, so I prefer similarly priced Lycett, Jacobs and Nic Nat, or if you have the money ROB or Gawn. Forward line is all good apart from Heeney who is fully entrenched on my never again list and there is no reason why he will see a bump on his average. Hope this helps and good luck.

January 8, 2020 at 5:33 pm

All feedback appreciated! Only pick I’m unsure on is Dawson, as I put him in this morning when I saw the Buddy news.

TEAM NAME: Draft 1. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $13,000,000 (100%), Remaining: $0 (0%) On Ground: $11,628,000 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,372,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1689, Site Expected Total: 1689
    Def: R.Laird (96.93), D.Houston (80.35), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), H.Young (34.78), B.Starcevich (25.48) (T.Bianco (24.53), H.Goddard (22.92))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (111.08), S.Coniglio (103.67), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (90.46), C.Ward (72.66), M.Rowell (36.40), D.Robertson (30.74), M.Pickett (22.92) (J.Bytel (22.92), R.Collier-Dawkins (22.92), N.McHenry (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), R.O’Brien (95.58) (S.Draper (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), T.Greene (98.41), J.Dawson (82.77), C.Wingard (78.46), S.Flanders (33.70), I.Rankine (22.92) (B.Cavarra (22.92), M.King (22.92))

January 8, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I don’t mind it. I’m not a big fan of Greene, Docherty, Houston or Ross, but if you like them, then go for it. I think you’re maybe a little thin in the midfield, with only three real out-and-out Premos. You do make up for it though by batting a little deeper in the Backs and Forwards. I like that you’ve paid up for the more expensive rookies like Flanders, Robertson, Rowell and Young. If there are a lack of good basement-priced options coming into Round 1, we may see more teams shaping up like this. I also like that you’ve used all the cash. It’s always good when everything fits in there nicely and you don’t have anything left. Considering it’s only January and there’s still a long way to go, this looks fine.

January 8, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Yeh the thinking behind the weaker midfield is absolutely spot on. Last year I did the same and it worked really well. I think Ross can be 105*, which makes him worthy of selection and Ward won’t be anywhere near as good as Brad Crouch but if he can go 90+ he’s a steal and this allows me to have three rookies on the field where there usually strongest. For example, last year I had guys like Charlie Constable on my field over Jordan Clark, which was banking me 30-40 points every week.

January 8, 2020 at 11:56 pm

Def: J.Sicily (95), D.Houston (95), S.Docherty (102), C.Blakely (95), D.Roberton (85), H.Young (60) (B.Starcevich (25.48), J.McLennan (22.92))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (115), S.Coniglio (110), S.Ross (105), T.Mitchell (115), B.Gibbs (95), M.Rowell (70), M.Hibberd (60), M.Pickett (70) (J.Bytel (22.92), N.McHenry (60), T.North (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), S.Jacobs (87) (L.Meek (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (115), J.Dawson (95), C.Wingard (90), A.Brayshaw (87), J.Townsend (35.86), M.Bergman (32.89) (M.King (22.92), I.Rankine (22.92))

15k remaining
    Wanted chayce Jones but since buddy out had to pay extra to get Dawson.

What do you guys think?

David C

January 9, 2020 at 4:58 am

I don’t understand the love for Blakely. A lot of Freo supporters don’t have him in the best 22.

January 9, 2020 at 10:01 am

He has avg 91.8 and 91.5 in 2017 and 2018, 2019 was very low due to more of a defensive lock down role.
      If he is in the MID he will get back to 90+ and be a lot of value.
      Marsh watch for sure, his role is the key.
      Dockers list is pretty poor, I am sure he is in their 22

January 9, 2020 at 4:45 pm

I’m pretty sure I remember someone saying Blakely’s numbers are better when he’s playing as a rebounding half-back than when he’s playing in the mids. I might be wrong though.

January 9, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Yea its a mix between the rebounding half back / mid time role.
          He was lock down defender alot last year which killed his scores.
          If he doesnt look good in the Marsh series he will go for me

Jack

January 9, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Def: J.Crisp (105), J.Sicily (95), S.Docherty (100), D.Roberton (80), H.Young (61), B.Starcevich (55) (H.Goddard (50), J.Koschitzke (50))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (116), S.Coniglio (112), J.Steele (107), T.Mitchell (115), B.Gibbs (95), M.Rowell (70), M.Hibberd (55), M.Pickett (63) (J.Bytel (50), N.McHenry (55), T.North (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), R.O’Brien (105) (D.Cameron (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (116), J.Steven (98), J.Dawson (95), A.Brayshaw (90), C.Jones (68), B.Cavarra (55) (I.Rankine (50), M.King (50))

What do you guys think

MiniMonk

January 9, 2020 at 10:10 pm

TEAM NAME: MiniMonk3.0. (AFL Fantasy 2020)
    Used: $12,711,000 (97.8%), Remaining: $289,000 (2.2%) On Ground: $11,351,000 (87.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 1652, Site Expected Total: 1652
    Def: D.Houston (80.35), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), L.Stocker (38.42), H.Young (34.78), W.Gould (29.66) (T.Watson (22.92), H.Goddard (22.92))
    Mid: J.Macrae (115.66), A.Gaff (111.08), S.Coniglio (103.67), T.Mitchell (90.46), C.Ward (72.66), M.Rowell (36.40), J.Sharp (29.39), M.Pickett (22.92) (T.North (22.92), L.Valente (22.92), N.McHenry (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), D.Martin (97.20), D.Smith (97.06), A.Brayshaw (69.56), C.Jones (42.87), M.Bergman (32.89) (I.Rankine (22.92), M.King (22.92))

Bit of a different style team going very strong in the forward line and trying to find value in defence. Not sold with starting Laird or Lloyd. Have some $$ to spend where needed. Thoughts anyone?

David C

January 9, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Your a bit thin in the back line, I would downgrade a few in the forward line and get Lloyd and laird in the back line , hope this helps

CJ

January 10, 2020 at 10:48 am

I agree with David. I’d downgrade one of Martin or Smith if you’re set on having one of those and upgrading to a premium in defence so you’ve got some coverage there. Lots of value in the forward with Dawson etc. and can always upgrade to Smith or Martin later… especially Smith since he has the round 12 bye and could be a useful option for round 13.