My Team

Drawing Board 2020

Start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team thanks to DT Live.

While we are waiting for AFL Fantasy Classic to open in January, our friend Chad at www.dtlive.com.au has got the 2020 version of his popular team picker, the Drawing Board, opened for coaches to start building their teams.

Chad has crunched the numbers and got a version up with what looks like accurate prices based on the information at hand.

• $13,000,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2019 average x magic number (approx 7418 for 2020).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2018 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2019, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Head to www.dtlive.com.au and under AFL, click on Drawing Board to start picking your squad of 30 players now. You will need a free account to get started. The easy to use and mobile friendly site has plenty of information including what average a player is priced at, their bye round, early opponents and an ownership percentage for registered teams on DT Live. Also, don’t forget to put in your projected average for your own user as well as compiling a site-wide projected average.

Copy and paste your team into the comments below simply from DT Live.

Click here to start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team for 2019 over at Chad’s dtlive.com.au

Punchy

January 18, 2020 at 7:50 pm

Anyone considering Hugh Greenwood? Been playing around with my team and needed an F3. He was the most I could afford. After doing some research he does have the ability to go big with high tackle numbers. Just not convinced he can replicate that at the Suns. But I’m sure they brought him in to play inside mid.

emily

January 18, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Greenwood was ok at Adelaide but never really got a chance and hard to with the rest their midfield.
      If the Suns could get the ball I would probably look at him.
      What about B.Ellis, was in a team which got it done, and can reach the high 90’s low 100’s.
      I think the suns are a team we want to believe in but just cant commit to , lol.

emily

January 18, 2020 at 11:44 pm

hey jenny what have u put ur feet in b4, if u are really a Jenny lol

Joke_R

January 19, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Howdy all. I’ve been playing around with my team in the RDT Team Picker. I found that my team looks much better without Matthew Rowell. I think if there are enough Mid rookie options, I might pass on Rowell, because it allows me to get better rookies in other positions. I’d love your thoughts and advice on it.

Team Name: The Harlequins
    Cash Left: $3,200

Def: J.Lloyd, J.Crisp, J.Sicily, A. Witherden, T.Doedee, B.Starcevich (J.McLennan, W.Gould)

Mid: A.Treloar, J.Dunkley, Z.Merrett, D.Zorko, T.Mitchell, M.Pickett, M.Hibberd, N.McHenry (B.Kemp, L.Valente, J.Sharp)

Ruc: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (S.Draper)

Fwd: L.Whitfield, D.Martin, J.Steven, S.Hill, I.Rankine, B.Cavarra (M.King, E.Taylor)

Obviously rookies are all subject to change. I am considering dropping Witherden > Roberton, which would free up enough cash to go Hill > Devon Smith. I’ll have to see how they both go in the pre-season though.

I welcome any and all criticism.

The Chosen Won

January 19, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Not a fan of 3 rookies on one line can easily burn up trades on that particular line. As a fellow RDT player i like some of your choice and even have a few myself i do however feel you are missing out on some great valued players RDT offers up this season.

Good Luck in 2020

Joke_R

January 19, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Thanks Chosen Won, like I said, it’s a work in progress. I don’t particularly mind going for three on-field rookies in the mids though, if they have decent JS, which I think at least Pickett, Sharp and McHenry do. I would prefer to be playing three rookies in the mids, than in the Forwards or Backs for instance. Thanks for your insight. What ‘value’ players in particular are you referring to?

Chris

January 19, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Hi Joke_R always enjoy your contributions. Just a question – where do I find RDT Team Picker? No option for me in DTLIVE.

Joke_R

January 19, 2020 at 8:32 pm

RDT Team Picker is available for those who subscribed to RDT Assistant Coach last year, just log on to the site and there will be a little box above your team. If you don’t have it, but want to get it, you can sign up for Assistant Coach right now, and you will get instant access. It might not be worth doing that though, since RDT might open soon. Supercoach has already announced they will open this week, I’d imagine RDT and Fantasy would be shortly after.

Chris

January 19, 2020 at 8:39 pm

cool. thanks

Jack/MrAFLFantasy

January 19, 2020 at 4:16 pm

Used: $12,992,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $8,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,632,000 (89.5%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 2110, Site Expected Total: 1690
    Def: J.Crisp (105), J.Sicily (95), S.Docherty (102), D.Roberton (80), H.Young (61), B.Starcevich (55) (H.Goddard (50), J.McLennan (50))
    Mid: J.Dunkley (116), P.Dangerfield (115), J.Steele (107), T.Mitchell (115), B.Gibbs (95), M.Rowell (77), M.Hibberd (55), M.Pickett (63) (N.McHenry (55), T.North (50), J.Bytel (50))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122), S.Lycett (98) (D.Cameron (50))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (116), D.Martin (103), J.Dawson (95), A.Brayshaw (90), C.Jones (68), B.Cavarra (55) (M.King (50), I.Rankine (50))

I’m pretty set on this side.

What are your thoughts?

The Chosen Won

January 19, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Expected Total: 2110…

Its a No from me..

Good Luck in 2020

Jack

January 19, 2020 at 6:07 pm

fitting everyone i definitely want into this team, it feels pretty solid, although the rookies are all basically placeholders and selection dependent. only guys i’m not sold on are Brayshaw (not sure he’s shown enough but he’s a popular selection atm) and Townsend (role is crucial) and obviously this is assuming Titch/Doch/Roberton/Ward are back from injury and fit enough.

Remaining: $13,000 (0.1%)

Def: J.Lloyd (107.17), R.Laird (96.93), S.Docherty (75.90), D.Roberton (44.08), B.Starcevich (25.48), T.Bianco (24.53) (R.Thompson (22.92), B.Williams (22.92))

Mid: J.Macrae (115.66), Z.Merrett (108.25), S.Coniglio (103.67), T.Mitchell (90.46), J.Selwood (78.86), C.Ward (72.66), M.Rowell (36.40), M.Pickett (22.92) (N.McHenry (22.92), S.Simpson (22.92), E.Smith (22.92))

Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (L.Meek (22.92))

Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), D.Martin (97.20), A.Brayshaw (69.56), J.Townsend (35.86), S.Flanders (33.70), I.Rankine (22.92) (N.Kreuger (22.92), T.Wooller (22.92))

Pendles4Brownlow

January 20, 2020 at 12:06 am

Pretty solid effort. I’m not convinced on Selwood or Dusty but we can’t agree on everything

Don

January 19, 2020 at 6:18 pm

This is my Real Dream Team but have used “Fantasy” Prices as RDT prices have not been updated on the Drawing Board. Rookies will change as it gets closer to kick off.

Expected Total: 1651, Site Expected Total: 1651
    Def: Z.Williams (92.75), D.Houston (80.35), A.Witherden (74.82), D.Roberton (44.08), C.Burgess (35.59), H.Young (34.78) (W.Gould (29.66), H.Goddard (22.92))
    Mid: A.Gaff (111.08), D.Zorko (104.48), S.Coniglio (103.67), S.Ross (94.37), T.Mitchell (90.46), M.Rowell (36.40), S.Flanders (33.70), B.Starcevich (25.48) (B.Scott (44.35), H.Brayshaw (22.92), M.Pickett (22.92))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (122.14), S.Jacobs (69.29) (D.Cameron (22.92))
    Fwd: L.Whitfield (113.78), D.Martin (97.20), P.Ryder (70.23), J.Patton (49.34), I.Rankine (22.92), B.Cavarra (22.92) (M.King (22.92), S.McAdam (22.92))
    Remaining Cash: $83,000

Joke_R

January 19, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Using ‘Fantasy’ prices drastically changes how your team looks, as the prices differ so much between comps. For instance, in AFL Fantasy, Devon Smith is priced at only $1k less than Dustin Martin. In RDT, Devon Smith is priced at $516K, making him almost too good to pass up. Just wait until the game opens properly. It shouldn’t be too long now.

emily

January 19, 2020 at 9:11 pm

I think all are teams will keep changing till lockout lol. Ive taken out Dunkley and replaced him with Danger,
    trying to get more cash for the fwrd line,

We have 60 odd days to chop and change our teams ,

Don ive been tossing up Patton in my team but can we trust his knees

Pendles4Brownlow

January 20, 2020 at 12:09 am

I think Danger offers some savings and an upside, whereas Dunkley is at peak price. Patton is a huge risk, but is tempting