Team Sheets

Team Sheets – Rd. 10

All the news, rumours, and team sheets for round 10!

It’s Thursday!!

*Calvin Alarm* We have carnage!  I repeat, we have carnage!  Dangerfield OUT!  Z.Williams OUT!  M. Crouch MISSING!  And the rookies!  Atley, Garner, Moore, Hayes, Young, Collins, and Constable are all OUT, and the Sunday teams haven’t been finalised yet!  More details below ⇓

Round 10 kicks off 19:50 AEST Friday night so have all your trades locked in by then!  The Traders will be reacting LIVE today from 18:15 AEST on the Official AFL Fantasy Facebook page to the team announcements, so think of this article as your text-based companion guide.

As always, this post will be updated as more information comes in, so if you’ve seen some news that I’ve missed feel free to tweet it at me and I’ll follow it up.

Sydney vs Collingwood

Lance Franklin is back!  Josh P. Kennedy also returns after being a late-out last week.  Zak Jones is out injured and James Rowbottom has been omitted.

Despite the reports, no Jordan De Goey. He remains out alongside Darcy Moore, Mason Cox, and Taylor Adams, as well as newly injured Tom Langdon and the suspended Travis Varcoe Jack Madgen (281k DEF) and Daniel Wells are the two inclusions, Isaac Quaynor (246k DEF) an emergency once again.

Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide

Ben McEvoy is out for 4-6 weeks and Dylan Moore has been omitted (although still first emergency).  Marc Pittonet (290k RUC) hasn’t broken into the team, he’s an emergency as well.  Chad Wingard and James Frawley return to the side while Isaac Smith and Mitch Lewis remain on the sidelines.

Peter Ladhams (170k RUC) makes his debut as Scott Lycett goes down with an adductor issue.  Robbie Gray and Tom Jonas return to the side after injuries, they replace Joe Atley and Joel Garner (double ouch for new owners).  Willem Drew first emergency.

Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne

The axe has been swung at the Bulldogs!  Billy Gowers, Fletcher Roberts, Will Hayes, and Lachie Young have all been omitted (two more rookies!)!  Bailey Dale, Tim English, Patrick Lipinski, and Bailey Williams are in.

North are quite subdued by comparison.  Taylor Garner out, Luke Davies-Uniacke in.

Adelaide vs West Coast

Only one change for Adelaide, prepare for disappointment. Matt Crouch is not back.  Neither are Paul Seedsman, Josh Jenkins, or Richard Douglas.  It’s Wayne Milera who returns at the expense of 2019 whipping boy Bryce Gibbs.

The Eagles keep it to the three already confirmed outs: Tom Hickey will miss 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle, Lewis Jetta has been suspended for 1 week after a dangerous tackle, and Daniel Venables will be rested after a nasty concussion.  Will Schofield and Jackson Nelson shore up the defence, while Jake Waterman gets another chance up forward.  Nathan Vardy rucks solo…

Gold Coast vs Geelong

Cash Cow Sam Collins is out for six weeks with a ‘stress reaction in the femur’.  Celebrate if you held him, Chris Burgess is back AND named at full back.  Owners will hope that he’s taking Collins’ role as well as his spot.

He made us wait all week but now it’s official, Patrick Dangerfield is out.  Charlie Constable and Ryan Abbott have been omitted.  Rhys Stanley, Tom Atkins, and James Parsons come in.  Darcy Fort holds over Esava Ratugolea who’s listed as first emergency.

Richmond vs Essendon

Since Ivan Soldo has been suspended for striking, Richmond have turned to rookie Callum Coleman-Jones (170k RUC/FWD), presumably in tandem with Noah BaltaDaniel Rioli also comes in for the injured Kane Lambert.

Finally!  Jayden Laverde gets his chance alongside a returning Shaun McKernan Mark Baguley has been omitted and Joe Daniher is out for the year.  Brayden Ham not even an emergency.

Melbourne vs GWS

Only one confirmed out for Melbourne, the injured Alex Neal-BullenJordan Lewis, Charlie Spargo, Braydon Preuss, Sam Weideman, and Corey Wagner have been added to the extended bench.  Note that Oskar Baker has been named on field!

Zac Williams is out for round 10 with the aforementioned hamstring injury with no guarantees he plays round 11 either.  Stephen Coniglio, Jackson Hately, Isaac Cumming, Dawson Simpson, and Lachlan Keeffe have been added to the extended bench.

St. Kilda vs Carlton

One out so far for St. Kilda, Ben Paton has been managed.  Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark, Billy Longer, Ben Long, and Brandon White have been added.  Note that Matthew Parker is listed last on the bench, Robbie Young on field.

Marc Murphy will miss multiple weeks with cracked ribs, Lochie O’Brien has been dropped.  The potential inclusions are Kade Simpson, Patrick Kerr, Alex Fasolo, Lachie Plowman, Matthew Kennedy, and David Cuningham.

Fremantle vs Brisbane

Matt Taberner is out for the season with a foot injury, Cam McCarthy would be the front runner to come back into the team you’d think.  He’s a potential inclusion alongside Griffin Logue, Mitchell Crowden, Bailey Banfield, and Brett Bewley.  Really wish they’d stop teasing us with the latter.

Rhys Mathieson is suspended and Jarrod Berry is injured.  Luke Hodge, Allen Christensen, Nick Robertson, Lewis Taylor, Connor Ballenden, and Archie Smith the potential inclusions.  Noah Answerth named on field, Mitch Hinge the bench.

Liam

May 23, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Hey legends, thoughts on what trades I should do this week. Got 200k in bank

Im leaning towards 2 as it fits my bye structure better, im planning on grabbing boak after his bye. Do you think ziebell is worth it, means I have a load of cash for next week, or should I go the safe option in Boak?

Trades atm are going to be either
    1. Williams/Scrimshaw – Boak/Garner +209k
    2. Williams/Scrimshaw – Ziebell/Garner +372k
    3. Williams/Scrimshaw – Duncan/Garner +180k

Any other trade ideas please suggest

Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn,Smith, Williams, Hore (Lochart, Scrimshaw)
    Macrae, Cripps,Rocky, Brayshaw, Bcrouch, Fyfe, Walsh, Stack (Hayes Hately)
    Grundy, O’Brian
    Danger, Kelly, Daniel, Worpel,Rozee, Drew(Corbett,Young)

EmeraldIllusion

May 23, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Really need to get Boak ASAP. He’s been absolutely killing it up until now.

Recall

May 23, 2019 at 6:44 pm

This is why no one has answered you on every single post this week. You based your trades around a rookie that played 1 game with poor job security. Best to wait till teams are out. Looks like your in a bit of trouble tho

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Williams and Hayes out – Ziebell (via Rozee) and Stocker in.

EmeraldIllusion

May 23, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Hey guys, if anyone could give me some advice, I’d greatly appreciate it. I have Collins, Burgess, Ross, Schultz and Petruccelle all sitting in my team, I can never seem to get rid of them though because I’m too busy fixing my on field players. I have Brayshaw who seriously needs moving on. And then let’s not forget Dangerfield.

I’m thinking this week I downgrade one of those rooks I mentioned and move Brayshaw up to Whitfield.

Or should I focus on getting rid of two of those rooks?

At the moment I’ve done Collins and Brayshaw to Garner and Whitfield. Then I’m moving Whitfield into DEF via Answerth.

My team ends up like this:

DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Daniel, Smith, Hore, Stack (Garner, Burgess)
    MID: Gaff, Treloar, Merrett, Rockliff, Cripps, B Crouch, Walsh, Ross (Hayes, Answerth)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Smith)
    FWD: Boak, Dangerfield, Worpel, Miers, Baker, Young (Petruccelle, Schultz).

Really not happy with my forward line. Need to get Kelly in ASAP.

If anyone sees any better options, please let me know. Cheers.

Screech

May 23, 2019 at 5:02 pm

I don’t mind you waiting on Kelly another week as his and Whitfields BE is the same 116. Both will probably reach it. I don’t buy into Whitfield getting tagged. Melbourne’s tactics are all out of whack this season. Ross won’t play, Hayes might get dropped, wait and see tonight when teams are announced.
      I reckon your trades are good. Brayshaw DOES have to go this week…

The Cricket

May 23, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Non-playing rooks on your bench are no good with byes coming up, cos they take up spots you’ll need for your premos on their byes. Maybe prioritise offloading at least one of them for each of the remaining two pre-bye rounds?

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:16 pm

I know it sucks but you badly need to do a double downgrade. Ross, Hayes, Petruccelle, Schultz all need to go.

However you could try something like Ross for Bobbie Young (via Worpel who would be your M8), and then upgrade Petruccelle to Ziebell if you have enough $$. That way you’re getting rid of 2 rookies that have maxed out in price, you’re fixing your M8, and you get a potential 100+ forward in Ziebell who has a low BE.

EmeraldIllusion

May 24, 2019 at 5:33 am

After all the carnage has been announced, gonna hold Petru as cover. Thinking maybe of ditching Schultz and Ross and bringing in TKelly and OBaker.

WestBimbyPapergoats

May 23, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Ziebell or Dusty?
    Both have pros and cons. Ziebell has been more consistent over the last 4 weeks but Dusty has a higher ceiling and has the history to back it up.

Sir Fartypants

May 23, 2019 at 5:28 pm

I’m personally Ziebell this week and dusty next to have one last look at him. If either fail you can ditch them in round 14 for a r12 or r13 bye premium.

Sterlo

May 23, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Dusty has a higher ceiling ??? Obviously missed Ziebell’s score on the weekend !
      Dusty took his own footy to the Hawks game on the weekend and came up 20 shy of Jack !

Ollie

May 23, 2019 at 7:06 pm

I’ll be going Ziebell, looks more reliable and scoring reflects that.

Liam

May 23, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Need Help

1. Williams/Scrimshaw – Boak/Garner +209k
    2. Williams/Scrimshaw – Ziebell/Garner +372k
    3. Williams/Scrimshaw – Duncan/Garner +180k

Mr T

May 23, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Duncan…if Danger is in and out and GAry gets rested then Mitch the man!

Crouch

May 23, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Ziebell +120k or Whitfield?

Gavin

May 23, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Is Perryman an option?

Dave Bajamo

May 23, 2019 at 7:55 pm

I personally wouldn’t. One good game against a hopeless Carlton (where even the seagulls scored a tonne)

The Wizard

May 23, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Hey Gavin, his first game was injury affected and he got a 25 in 39% game time. In the JLT he came up against a Sydney and the Crows who both fielded full teams. his scores were 80 & 85 in approx 82% game time . He ran at .88 ppm in JLT and is currently running at .88ppm in the season proper. I say worth the risk on those numbers.

Bok

May 23, 2019 at 6:49 pm

9 outs in 2 weeks :(( Hayes, Young, Danger, Williams, M Crouch, Ham, Ross, Cogs, Atkins

lizardofoz

May 23, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Well this is tough.

lizardofoz

May 23, 2019 at 7:00 pm

I hate Sunday extended benches.
    And 3 dropped rookies coming into byes.

Petracca

May 23, 2019 at 7:01 pm

1. Williams & Drew -> R.Young & Ziebell (+189k)
    2. Williams & Drew -> R.Young &Yeo/Coniglio/Taranto/Duncan etc

Essentially should I go the value play in Ziebell and wait a week for a mid-premo, or just grab one this week?

Thoughts?

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:04 pm

I’m doing williams/ross for ziebell/stocker … I think ziebell is a great option at the moment going into byes

Petracca

May 23, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Prefer stocker to r.young? Or is that based purely on needing a mid / for the bye structure?

Rossco1

May 24, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Gday champ, yeah there’s a few reasons. Firstly it’s job security, with Carlton’s position I think he will stay in the time for the rest of the year. I also think his scoring curling as a mid is higher than young’s. The round 14 bye is an added bonus too.

Crouch

May 23, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Ziebell +120k or Whitfield?.

Liam

May 23, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Thoughts on Williams/Drew – Perryman/Ziebell

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:52 pm

I like it!

Andy

May 23, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Whitfield in for Brayshaw (he just has to go).
    Billings in for Zac Williams (Daniel to def., *Garner was stiff, and I can’t in any right frame of mind play Ainswerth).

Any thoughts on those trades?

Means I’m still stuck with non-playing reserves: Garner, Ross, Hayes, and probably Parker, but there’s always next week.

The Wizard

May 23, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Hey Andy, think about the bigger picture mate. without seeing the rest of your team you have 4 players right there on your bench who aren’t playing Rd 12, and this sort of carnage can keep on happening. running out of trades to do something about it and will hurt you more in the long run. just saying mate.

Andy

May 23, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Like I said, Wizard, there’s always next week to fix that. At the moment I’m fixing the holes where the rain gets in.

Last week all of my players, bar Ross were playing. Things change week-to-week.

Crouch

May 23, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Ziebell +120k or Whitfield?..

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm

I would go ziebell

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 10:03 pm

Wouldn’t mind some help here:
    D: Hurn, Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Guthrie, Hore (Scrimma, Clark)
    M: Whitfield, Merrett, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Brayshaw, Stack, Hayes (Ross, Atkins)
    R: Gawn, Witts (Fort, Flynn)
    F: Boak, Kelly, Daniel, Worpel, Rozee, Balta (Larkey, Drew)
    30k in the bank

Currently i’m thinking Williams/Ross out, Ziebell/Stocker in (via Rozee) leaves me 93k.

any other suggestions? cheers legends

chief007

May 23, 2019 at 10:40 pm

what about drew to young from saints

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I feel like Young’s scoring potential is a little low, along with shakey JS.

Stocker will likely play every game given where the Blues are at and they’ll want to get games into him.

The Rock

May 23, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Gone Williams to zieball. Then I’m thinking constable to

1. Broadbent
    Or
    2. Young and Warne chest?

1 or 2

rossco1

May 23, 2019 at 11:08 pm

Ollie

May 24, 2019 at 10:29 am

2. Take the cash, Young must have some JS in an average team like St. Kilda.

Dan

May 23, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Who is the better and or safer bet for fielding role this week? (this week only)

Robert Young against the poor performing Blues?
    OR
    Josh Corbett against the cats?

Balsam

May 24, 2019 at 12:03 am

I have exactly the same decision, and I’ve gone with Young onfield.

EmeraldIllusion

May 24, 2019 at 5:28 am

Cats defense is excellent. I’d go Young.

Liam

May 23, 2019 at 10:32 pm

Thoughts on Williams/Drew – Perryman/Ziebell??

chief007

May 23, 2019 at 10:45 pm

no to perryman 104 against the blues 25 in his only other game, no job security either

The Rock

May 23, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Gone Williams to zieball. Then I’m thinking constable to

1. Broadbent
    Or
    2. Young and Warne chest?

1 or 2.

Which one

Liam

May 24, 2019 at 9:28 am

???

EmeraldIllusion

May 24, 2019 at 5:25 am

Hey guys, which option would you recommend?

1) Schultz/Ross to TKelly/OBaker (Cover in every line, but stuck with Brayshaw)
    2) Brayshaw/Ross to TKelly/Guthrie (No cover in FWD line, but gain one good premo and one must have premo)
    3) Brayshaw/Ross to Whitfield/OBaker (No cover in FWD line but gain best player)

My team is:
    DEF: Lloyd, Daniel, Smith, Hore, Stack, Burgess (Collins, Answerth)
    MID: Gaff, Treloar, Merrett, Rockliff, Cripps, B Crouch, Walsh, (Hayes, Ross)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Smith)
    FWD: Boak, Dangerfield, Worpel, Miers, Baker, Young (Petruccelle, Schultz).

If anyone can see a better option, let me know.
    Cheers guys.

JD

May 24, 2019 at 8:26 am

Hey Ollie and everyone,
    Would love some input in a <$200K Defender that is likely to play. Need it for bench cover essentially.
    Thoughts on Goddard, Macreadie, Hinge, Garner, or anyone else anyone can think of
    Cheers legends 😊

Ollie

May 24, 2019 at 10:25 am

The honest answer is none of them. Goddard could have been named plenty of times and hasn’t, Garner dropped and Hinge likely to be dropped when Sunday teams are finalised. Going to have to wait for bench cover I’m afraid.

JD

May 24, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Thanks Ollie. You are a legend.

JD

May 24, 2019 at 9:07 am

Hurn or Ellis + extra cash??

Ollie

May 24, 2019 at 10:33 am

I think the traders had a crack at that question on the podcast last night. I think Hurn is the right call, 100% locked into the team, role consistent, decent ceiling. Ellis could have his role changed next week and be out of the team in a month for all we know.

JD

May 24, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Thanks Ollie. You are a legend.

Cripps

May 24, 2019 at 10:24 am

Ziebell +120k or Whitfield ??

Ollie

May 24, 2019 at 10:32 am

That’s really tough, especially going off the 70k ~ 10 pt average equivalent. You’d suggest that Ziebell is 100 average from here, and Whitfield 110+…I’d take the value in Ziebell, you might need that money with byes coming up.