The Friday Scramble

The Friday Scramble: Round 13

The last of our Bye rounds and one of the most difficult. Hopefully you got off to a good start last night because we are a little short on premiums this week.

Round 13, here we are.  And if your team is looking anything like mine this week it is up that infamous creek without a paddle.  This is one of the toughest ones of them all.  We all knew that but we still didn’t heed our own warnings.  Hopefully you have enough out there to get your 18 players on field to avoid a donut.  That is our focus this week, particularly in RDT and SC where league games don’t stop over the bye period.

Once again we have some issues to deal with and there will be some forced trades, hopefully they fit into your pre-planned trade strategy.  Oh, and once again we had a Thursday night game so it meant another loop hole!

Loophole….. again!!

Well yet again we had a Thursday Night game, and this week we had some realistic options as loophole players.  So, how did these blokes go?

Image result for patrick dangerfieldDanger       116
Jelwood      48 Ouch!
Duncan      100
Gaff             106
Mitchell     117
Yeo               98
Shuey         110

There are a couple that I would take there, I would take Dangerfield and Mitchell if I had the VC on them.  You could consider Shuey at 110 if you don’t have any of the other big names still to go around for the rest of the weekend.  Gaff and Duncan would be tough to take, particularly if you have Rocky still to come.  Whilst Danger’s 116 isn’t massive, it is points in the bank, and last week many took the punt on Rocky and he let us down.  Not saying he will do that this week, but at least we know exactly what Danger has.

If you are a Supercoach player, then have zero hesitation in taking Danger’s score of 141.  You may have gone Yeo in SC as well and his 117 would be very tempting to take (I have Danger as VC there and by early in the last my C was already on Laird).  Anyone that had over the 115 could be seriously considered in Supercoach (and there were a few with Sheed, Mitchell and Duncan), but I would be surprised if too many people went anyone other than Danger.

As for what score we would take this week?  Make sure you check out the DTTalk Facebook page tonight at 5:30 for Calvin Live and he will let us know what the line is.  However, if you have already decided that you aren’t going to take your VC, then the obvious one to take is Rocky in the Sat Twilight game against the Power at Adelaide Oval.  However, as Calvin told us, he doesn’t score too well against Port normally.  Dusty loves playing at the G and against Sydney, so he would be a great option too.

While we are talking last night’s game I am sure there were plenty of coaches going the face palm when we saw that Scooter Selwood was done for the night in the third with a Hammy.  With his history of injury this is a real concern.  However, don’t panic just yet, they do have a nice long break til their next game, with a bit of luck he will only miss the one, but like I have said, I am no doctor, just a hopeful Scooter owner!

Trade Decisions

I am sure that like me, you had all of your trades planned out for this week.  Obviously we had to put a bit of faith in the selections to get us over the line.  And the first of the let downs this week was the news that Ed Vickers-Willis would be out for about 6 weeks.  So based on that, trade him straight out.  You want to bring in someone that you are prepared to keep for the rest of the year though.  We know that we wouldn’t have EVW on the field after this round, so if they are a bench sitter that is ok.

If you didn’t trade out Sandi last week, well you now find yourself in a bit of a dilemma, we don’t know for sure that he will be back after the bye.  My gut feel is that even if he is, you could go to someone that is likely to do better than him for the rest of the year.    But the big issue at Freo is Fyfe.  There are many people that are keeping and an equal amount that are looking to trade him out.  For me, I don’t like trading out premiums, but really, he hasn’t been scoring like one.  In my teams I am taking a mixed approach.  In one format I am trading him out as I can then use his cash to upgrade two other players, but in another format I will be keeping him as I have other issues/players to trade out.  So for me it is very circumstance driven on how your team is looking.

With your trades, you should be looking ahead still.  Have a look at what your team on field will look like in round 14 and make sure you are happy with it.  Particularly take note of how many premiums you will have in each line.  You may have extra ones in just to cover the byes, if this is the case, you don’t want to get to R14 and have rookies on the field in one line when you have a premium (or really good scorer) on the bench in another line.  So you may need to sacrifice some points this week to make sure your structure is good.

Also now you need to start considering the strength of schedule.  Not many weeks left in the season and some teams will have a better run home than others.  There will be some articles on this topic up on DTTalk over the coming weeks as we close in on finals.

Selection Table

A fairly lean night at the selection table this week, and that really didn’t help us. I know I was hoping for a first gamer to come in this week but unfortunately Declan Mountford was going to have to do the job.  Would have been nice if Mitch Hibberd had come in, but alas he didn’t.

The Saints had a bit of action and the big name out was Jack Steele who has been omitted.  This is a massive concern for us in a week that we are already struggling for players.  Not sure how long he will be out, but that is a real issue for his owners.  Riewoldt came back in from a couple of weeks off which certainly should have seen him recover.

Over at the Power we see Pittard dropped which is a bit of a shock, but it does mean that Houston comes back in for those teams that still have him.  I don’t think Pittard will be out for too long, I would hold him if you can.

The Dogs have made a stack of changes this week with Matty Boyd out which is a real blow for those that have him.  We know that he has a propensity to miss games, we just didn’t want him to do this during a bye round!  I have heard Tim English’s name around the traps but change that thought as he is out.  Good to see Libba back along with Tom Boyd.

If you see an orange light next to Dahlhaus don’t stress.  He is listed first on the extended bench and there is no indication that he will miss.

Things to Remember

• When planning your trades this week, look ahead and see what your team will look like in R14.
  • Don’t compromise your whole structure just to get some points on field.
  • Don’t worry, we are all struggling this week.

If you are an AF league player, enjoy your last week off before hostilities begin again next week.  Hopefully your team is well placed for the run home.  After this week there are only 10 rounds left and it is now that we also need to start really looking at strength of schedule.  Also start to look at who your players have in the finals.  All the best for this round and I will see you next week!  @pkd73

Pip

June 16, 2017 at 7:18 am

Mills to Lloyd + $178K

Or

Mills to Docherty + $14K?

Thinking the cash saved with Lloyd can be used next week to upgrade Roughy or Newman.

sir relton

June 16, 2017 at 7:24 am

Doc long term. But Lloyd is the smart value choice.
      Well done to be able to trade a starting player this week.

sir relton

June 16, 2017 at 7:22 am

Got 3 Orange spots, need 2 of them to be green by tonight.
    I thought I had control of the byes this year, but this one has completely shafted me.

Dunny

June 16, 2017 at 8:51 am

Don’t worry about Dahl, I am sure he will be ok. Not sure how the other two are, but if they are regular players then you should be ok.

sir relton

June 16, 2017 at 9:03 am

Preuss, Dale and Steele…
        Hahaha I’m fooked.

Kanye West

June 16, 2017 at 10:53 am

Steele and Pruess have you shafted though

donan@adam.com.au

June 16, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Some talk of Carlisle being 50/50 so may be hope that Steele may get a reprieve – let’s hope.

Ravalle

June 16, 2017 at 7:34 am

Thanks for the article…always look forward to the Scramble…
    Carnage has hit big time this week…will only be fielding 16!!! Hope everyone has fared a little better!!!

Dunny

June 16, 2017 at 8:50 am

Cheers mate, I have struggled my way to 18… just

Don

June 16, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Dunny It looks like my email address has been posted above – must have put it in the wrong box – is there anyway you can delete it? I have enough spam coming to my inbox as it is. Thanks in advance.

Tommygun

June 16, 2017 at 8:08 am

How we have gone through the byes can only be seen at the end of this week, I moved up first week and back down last week, hoping to finish the round back up. Sure need luck though, some unlucky punters with Steele and pittard but that’s good for the rest of us! Current rank 150ish.

Ezza

June 16, 2017 at 8:14 am

Lloyd or Newnes
    And
    D Martin or JPK

Will

June 16, 2017 at 8:39 am

lloyd and dusty

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 8:18 am

Anyone taking Roo at his discounted price? Big BE, but if he’s right he could just about get there. One of the few guys in the comp who basically decides his own score (by running around like only he can for +6s).

sir relton

June 16, 2017 at 8:23 am

My testicles aren’t big enough.

H1N1

June 16, 2017 at 9:16 am

Yuuuuuuuuuup Yeo and Voldt in this week. I know he’s an injury risk and all, but can’t believe he’s gone so far under the radar this week!

Tommygun

June 16, 2017 at 9:59 am

Is on the watch list

Samuel

June 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

Next week definitely looking at him.
        There are lots at his price point though – Macrae, Barlow, Menegola, I.Smith, Buddy etc

tbd

June 16, 2017 at 10:44 am

I’m doing it. It’s either Dahlhaus or Voldt for me and Voldt has actually averaged more this year with a crook knee and bone bruising.

Taezer

June 16, 2017 at 11:07 am

I want to see one week of him moving around and taking those marks on the wing, all I need is a 90ish if he’s moving about and droping back into defense in the last 5 mins and I’m sold.

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 11:31 am

If he tons up he’ll probably be the most traded in forward next week…

H1N1

June 16, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Even if he doesn’t play his 2016 ‘wing’ role, he will more than likely average higher than he’s priced at. Might get rested later in the year but hopefully by then we will have 22 premiums and some luxury trades

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Wouldn’t be the worst F7, would he?!

Henry

June 16, 2017 at 8:27 am

Good work as usual, Dunny.

I’m stoked – I brought in Sheed and thought I needed my head read. But did he perform??? Price will go up by about $30k. Also brought in Heeney & Mountford (for Roughie, WHE & Myers). Put off getting Lloyd so I could ensure I had 18 playing. With $200k in the bank I will get him next week. Minor downside – I vc’ed Danger. Majorish downside, I have Scooter but, even if I have to trade him, he’s made me about $95k.

Dunny

June 16, 2017 at 8:49 am

Nice work! Yeah Scooter is a problem, let’s wait and see how bad the damage is. he didn’t ice it on the bench which could be a good sign, or a really bad one. Who knows.

Will

June 16, 2017 at 8:49 am

good hit with sheed. i had pegged him for a breakout after last year but thought i was just wrong after his first few rounds. he is looking good now! might end up averaging 90ish (including early year scores) and be a good 500k pickup next year

Fooz

June 16, 2017 at 10:11 am

Sheed was on my watch list after the end of last year, but with his slow start to this, I just couldn’t justify it. Dare I say it could be a straight swap – Scooter to Sheed … not sure if I’ve got the intestinal fortitude for that one.

Alan

June 16, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Similar Henry, had Scooter from his first game so made enough cash if he misses more than 1 game..

Also, got in Sheed & Heeney this week along with Newnes (thanks to Steele being out and having Mountford in my team already)..

8. Will

Will

June 16, 2017 at 8:45 am

QQ re captain loophole. Now i’ve been loopholing for years, but always with the C on on non playing dude and with a playing emergency on bench. The only difference this week is that my C has a bye and so do my emergencies…. this makes no difference to the loophole and taking by VC score right?

I wouldnt have asked, but did read that the pirate says – “Also make sure you have an emergency selected in the same line.” Im presuming thats just to cover the 0 on field, but in the case of byes it doesnt seem to matter?

Dunny

June 16, 2017 at 8:48 am

Yes, putting the C on an player on the bye is completely fine.

Will

June 16, 2017 at 8:51 am

cheers Dunny, and having the E on a bye player is also fine yeh?

Dunny

June 16, 2017 at 8:52 am

yeah, basically means nothing. It won’t do any damage.

mfawcett

June 16, 2017 at 9:05 am

Went Fyfe, Steele & Myers > Dusty, Sheed & Mountford. Playing rookie on the field and hopefully can now get EVW out next week with a newly named defender rookie if any named. If he’s not playing he’s not losing anything at least.

TD

June 16, 2017 at 9:05 am

Couple of options for next 2 weeks, each of these will only give 17 playing (don’t have enough DPP to hold SPP and still get in mountford + mid premo)

This week:
    SPP, Myers, Taranto > dusty, mountford, beech (+89k)

Next week:
    Scooter + nank > titch + Ainsworth

Or
    This week:
    SPP, Myers, nank > dusty, mountford, Ainsworth

Next week:
    Taranto + scooter > Titch + beech

Second option catches Ainsworth rise and missed nank drop, but not sure how I feel about Ainsworth overall. Would be spewing if a decent rookie came in next week that I could get instead.

Thoughts?

11. Euman

Euman

June 16, 2017 at 9:06 am

Ok now scooter is doubtful as is Steele going forward I guess I need to re-think my luxury trades – they were Sloane to Ablett and Cripps to Martin. Cripps is playing and hopefully goes ok v Suns. Sloane is off but comes back next week v Hawks at home.
    QUESTIONS
    1.will Hawks tag Sloane next week?
    2. Who best Dusty v Ablett take into account form draw game this week and injury possibility as well as $

MatthewF2901

June 16, 2017 at 9:28 am

i’d take dusty over ablett at this point. He’s lower price and is likely to go big this week

Torpedo Punt

June 16, 2017 at 9:35 am

Prestia looks like he has turned the corner BE 48 think he is worth a punt.

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

High Risk/High Reward

Will

June 16, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Prestia – scores 4 60s or worse in a row (including two weeks off) and then a 137 – need to see way more than that

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Have a look this week but you have to remember:
        1. He had no pre season
        2. Was barely even training once a week for the first month of games
        3. Started training twice a week 3 weeks ago

M8

June 16, 2017 at 9:40 am

My Team:
    DEF: Adams, Docherty, Laird,Newnes, Marchbank, Scharenberg (Stewart, Ryan)
    MID: Mitchell, Merrett, Rockliff, Dangerfield, Hannebery, Hall, Fyfe, Powell-Pepper (Myers, Cousins)
    RUCK: Martin, Grundy (Cameron, Buzza)
    FWD: Macrae, Dahlhaus, Steele, Heeney, Nankervis, Greenwood (Lloyd, Polson)

Cash: $24k

Already gone Fyfe to Selwood, Am going to struggle to field 18 (basically impossible).

Thoughts on these options:
    1.) Myers to Mountford and Marchbank to Lloyd.
    or
    2.) Myers to Mountford and Steele to Barlow.
    Thoughts on trades or other trades? Thanks

Jasper Pittard

June 16, 2017 at 11:24 am

Obviously the second option which gives you an extra player this week.

Jarrod

June 16, 2017 at 9:48 am

Beams vs Zorko and why?

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 11:32 am

Both because they’re both fkn jets!

The Milkmen

June 16, 2017 at 9:52 am

Ah that moment after the game when u realise you put the C on Jelwood instead of the VC… f**k my life.

PowerAde

June 16, 2017 at 9:54 am

same same. one of those years

god

June 16, 2017 at 2:12 pm

so f**king hilarious,how could you be so stupid hs hs.

PowerAde

June 16, 2017 at 4:14 pm

my mumma told me stupid is as stupid does.

hs hs

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 9:53 am

Hey guys im in a bit of strife.
    Current team:
    DEF: Adams*, Laird*, J. Lloyd, Tuohy, Newnes, Marchbank (EVW*, Ryan*)
    MID: Rocky, Titchell*, Merret* Dangerfield, Trelor*, JPK, S. Selwood, SPP (Myers*, Cousins*)
    RUC: Grundy*, Nankervis (Buzza, Spencer)
    FWD: Dahlaus, Macrae, Barlow, Heeney, Steele*, Barrett (Greenwood*, D. Lloyd*)

Currently fielding 15 without trades:

Current Trade Options:

Option 1 fields 18:
    1) EVW -> Willis, Myers -> Mountford and Steele -> (Any FWD under 745k)

Option 2 fields 17: long term gain/ risk:
    2) Myers -> Mountford/ Willis, Marchbank -> Docherty and Steele -> R. Gray (11k remaining)

Option 3 field 17:
    3) EVW -> Willis, Steele -> Beech and Myers -> (Any MID under 740k)

Aim next week is to bring in Sheed (FWD) for SPP through DPP

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 9:59 am

Option 4): CAN ALSO FIELD 18:
      EVW -> Willis, Myers -> Mountford AND Steele -> S.Martin (DPP) (165k remaining)

Geoff

June 16, 2017 at 10:04 am

I like option 4 better. Gaining a premium ruck (basically the benchmark ruck combo) and able to field full 18 players

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 10:06 am

Thanks geoff. Gives me some cash for next week too. Only problem is im still missing out on Docherty and probs miss him next week too :( hes hurting my scores compared to top 500

Geoff

June 16, 2017 at 10:13 am

I see you are leaning towards option 2. Massive gain in Doc but also massive risk in Gray, based on this year’s performance pulls out a 30 here and there.

Geoff

June 16, 2017 at 9:55 am

Greetings people,

Quite stuck for trades at the moment.

Already done Touk Miller to Scott Selwood (FMDT).

Originally thinking:

Sloane to Dusty and
    C McCarthy to Mountford (bench)

Which will give me Dusty + doughnut (with Steele out)

But now with Steele out thinking:

Steele to Franklin/Stevens/Boak (or any forward) and
    C McCarthy to Mountford (field)

Which gives me a full 18.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 10:01 am

Im going to wait the week with steele and grab Sheed. He is cheap and looks good to avg 90+ remainder of the year off last night and week before his byes performance.

I like the dusty + donut for fantasy next week onwards. Everyone is in the same boat all fielding that 17 mark players (Some worse off)

Geoff

June 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

Thanks Buddy

Was hoping to make up ground fielding 18 and looking at 1 more week for Sloane as he has the Hawks next week.

These decisions are pulling my hair out.

Kye

June 16, 2017 at 10:01 am

What does everyone think of Whitfield? Breakout season this year? 541k is pretty cheap

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 10:05 am

Ive been seriously close to getting him. Loves a ton just a low ceiling compared to others. Buyer beware

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Could be a good option next week for Scott Selwood

Kye

June 16, 2017 at 12:54 pm

yeah that’s what i’m thinking Scooter will increase to about 500k and by adding an extra 40k i can get whitfield next week fresh off his bye

Horgo99

June 16, 2017 at 10:05 am

Hey guys so need some thoughts on my final 2 trades this week.

First one was Fyfe -> Scooter (was looking good until the hammy-hopefully just precautionary benching!!)

1) WHE + Z.Williams > Robbie Gray + Jack Newnes + 30k

2) WHE + D.Myers > I.Heeney + D.Mountford + 71k

3) WHE + R.Sloane > dusty + any fwd under 418k

4) R.Sloane + D.Myers > Dusty + any mid under 282k (possibly l.webb?)

My AF league is based on total points so thats my aim here…any and all thoughts appreciated!

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 10:09 am

I like #2. Smartest move and sets you up nicely coming out of the bye.
      WHE is done and Myers isnt making much more cash. EVW is out for 6 weeks meaning Mountford could have a nice stretch of playing time = $$$.
      Heeney is also a jet and one of the better under priced top 6-8 fwds.
      Option #1 is also good but so much risk with Robbie. Im giving him 1 week -> If he performs well against brisbane (He should) and shows he is in the guts a lot then im all over him. port need to do something about their midfield considering they got ruined by Ess in the first 10mins due to a poor MID

Good luck

Fooz

June 16, 2017 at 10:38 am

It’s still a bye round – cash is king

Phil

June 16, 2017 at 10:14 am

Very unsure what trades to do this week any help would be amazing:

Luke Ryan –> Lloyd or Newnes
    Or
    David Myers–> treloar or Martin or JPK or Beams

Cheers

Geoff

June 16, 2017 at 10:19 am

Ryan still has cash to make.

Myers is done. Martin (low BE), JPK (strong 2nd half of season) then Treloar or Beams in that order

Samuel

June 16, 2017 at 10:21 am

Myers needs to go, Ryan can stay
      Newnes and Lloyd can come
      Next week

If you can afford all then Dusty, JPK, Treloar, Beams

LW

June 16, 2017 at 10:23 am

Myers out

Greg

June 16, 2017 at 10:28 am

Do we take Danger’s score as captain?

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 11:34 am

im not

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Depends on who else you have. I’m taking them as unsure how Rocky will go

CapnOblivious

June 16, 2017 at 1:41 pm

My next best captain is JPK so I’m taking him. If you have a top five captain, maybe you could risk it.

j

June 16, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Im not taking it, because my opponents this round have half their team out, i should win comfortably. No point playing safe when I know I’ve practically got my leagues won this round.

So I’m chasing a huge score from either Ablett or Rocky – haven’t decided which yet.

22. Fooz

Fooz

June 16, 2017 at 10:32 am

Thought about it very hard, and I’m going to take Danger’s VC score. Could go the double or nothing and put the C on Dusty, but Sydney is on the rise, and Tiges are off the bye…
    Anyone else in the same boat?

oh – and FMDT. Looks like Scooter will be a one-week inclusion in my squad. Oh well. At least he went past his BE…

Greg

June 16, 2017 at 10:35 am

Yep, I’m in the same boat and I’m thinking of taking Danger. 4 more points and it would have been a definite for me.

Fooz

June 16, 2017 at 10:39 am

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 11:34 am

Nah, Docherty for me. Can’t see him staying under 116 against the Suns in perfect conditions for +6s

Tommygun

June 16, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Plugger

June 16, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I’m not going to take Danger’s 116. Gotta climb the ladder higher than that will allow.

I have:

GAZ (preferred choice), but just ahead of:
        Docherty and I have
        Rockliff to worry me with another choice.

Who to place the ‘C’ on – GAZ, Doch or Rocky?

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Doch for me, mainly because I don’t have the other 2. If I did though, it’d be hard to go past Rocky. When was the last time he failed twice in a row?

If you need convincing to take Doch, the other two have rooted shoulders… Chris Judd, Daniel Kerr and probably a few others were never the same on a consistent basis.

Plugger

June 16, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Yes, the rooted shoulders! Thanks, though, for the mirrored irony.

Buyer beware . . . should have taken my own advice last week when I put the ‘C’ on Rocky despite the very clear counsel of my own reasoning. That’s the life of a fantasy coach! I am only tempted again because of the ‘surely not two in a row’ whisper.

I will look very closely at the Doch . . may be just the cure to avoid problems with decisions made in the vicinity of shagged shoulders. I would be confident of a good score from him, in any case – just as you have judged.

j

June 16, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Should be plenty of cheap ball for Doch across the back 50 m arc versus Gold Coast. Good thing the media have turned up Liam Jones this week, hopefully diverting some pre-game attention away from Doch.

Nathan

June 16, 2017 at 10:43 am

Hi guys,

For anyone that watched Port last week what role was Wingard playing?
    His TOG suggests a forward role and I don’t want to pick him up this week if that’s is the case.
    Getting him allows me to field 20 players

Jasper Pittard

June 16, 2017 at 11:12 am

Wingard played the crucial role of diving and appealing for free kicks in front of goal, while also refusing to apply forward pressure, thereby allowing Essendon free use of the corridor on their way out. This was quite integral to our 70 point loss.

That being said, Port has dropped two midfielders, and I use the word very liberally based on their performances (Toumpas, AhChee) and brought in two forwards (Young, Neade), so I think this almost certainly means Wingard goes back to the midfield this week to hopefully do a better job than those spuds. I still wouldn’t recommend picking him though, due to the uncertainty of his role and the fact that Gray could just as easily be the one who gets more mid time.

SOgnenis

June 16, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Cheers for that – very helpful.
        If Gray does get midfield time then he might be an excellent way to get an extra premium without costing a cent (slash earning money from some of the cash cows). Will be watching this week closely!

Jasper Pittard

June 16, 2017 at 4:21 pm

…Just for the record I’m really not recommending Gray either! Unless something seriously changes. There’s probably nothing he could do against the bottom side this week that would convince me otherwise.

Henry

June 16, 2017 at 10:49 am

I’m not taking Danger’s 116. But I am debating who gets the C – Rocky or the Doc.

Jasper Pittard

June 16, 2017 at 11:16 am

My dilemma at this point is whether to take Danger’s score or take the punt on Beams (although I do have Rocky, but if he’s not tackling with that shoulder then he’s a no-go). Ranked 628 before the round started, and I only have 18 players including Scooter. Need to do something a bit left field if I want to make up ground.

If I were you I’d go the Doc. Surely GC won’t man him up.

LW

June 16, 2017 at 11:22 am

Fagan said Rocky’s shoulder wasn’t fully right last week but this week it is. Just something for you to consider

Jasper Pittard

June 16, 2017 at 11:25 am

Thankyou…I will chase this source. :)

SOgnenis

June 16, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Doc this week, then should be back to Rocky next week at the Gabba!

Pip

June 16, 2017 at 11:51 am

Trade out Mills or Newman first???

1. Mills to Lloyd (+$178K)
    2. Mills to Docherty (+$14K)
    3. Newman to Lloyd (+$234K)
    4. Newman to Docherty (+$70K)

Richard

June 16, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Mills for sure

SOgnenis

June 16, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Mills to Docherty 100%

Lloyd next week.

Keep Newman if you can.

Joel vh

June 16, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Thinking of getting R Gray in this week. After getting In Yeo for Steele last night I have 477k left over for a fwd when trading Touk Miller. I feel like Gray is extremely underpriced even though he hasn’t been performing. Against Brisbane he could go big and is named in the guts. Hopefully the coaches have woken up and will start playing him there again. I’m currently ranked 53. Thoughts on this trade? (only 16 max on field this week)

Tommygun

June 16, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Risky, but Gray at his best is number 1 forward.

Adam

June 16, 2017 at 12:59 pm

I disagree. He’s top 6 at his best but Yeo is a clear number 1 at about 105. Gray has never averaged over 100, a few seasons of high 90’s though

13th Man

June 16, 2017 at 12:27 pm

That feeling when you trade Scooter in 20 minutes before lockout only to see him do his hammy in the game!!!!

brian

June 16, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Even worse when you traded in his brother, and could have gone Murphy.

Andy

June 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

fyfe to ablett
    myers to c.brown
    taranto to ainsworth

any thoughts?

Daniel

June 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Already gone Roughy to Scooter, so that’s locked in.

Touk and McCarthy are going out, which leaves a mid and fwd to come in under $819k.

Cheapest playing FWD is Bolton at $204 which means I can get the likes of Ebert, Ross or Hall.

Mountford at $159 gives me basically any forward. Billings? Barlow? Heeney?

Thoughts anyone?

Frank

June 16, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Heeney

SOgnenis

June 16, 2017 at 3:44 pm

If you can get anyone, get the best, which is:
        Yeo – next week I guess
        Macrae
        Dahlhaus
        Barlow

Ebert is the only one of those mids I would get . Consider JPK.

Tyran

June 16, 2017 at 12:35 pm

What do people think, I’ve already done my trades and locked them in and now Steele is out… sucks a lot. But is he actually ‘ dropped ‘ or managed? Or because he isn’t overly quick and hasn’t got a good running capacity against a quick kangaroos the game will suit dunstan better and Steele back next week?
    What’s everyone’s thoughts ?? Because he is really pushing top 6 forward.

Hogan

June 16, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Not sure but suspect Steele might be managed. Low TOG last week and out this week smells like injury.

Will

June 16, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Steele is listed as emergency so I wouldn’t think he’s injured?

SOgnenis

June 16, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Omitted.
          Also unlikely to be top 6 forward I would have thought, but might be top 10 (he is currently 18th).

Adam

June 16, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Anyone with any news on Scooter? My other 2 trades depend on whether he’s going to line up next week as I need to know whether to leave aside some coin to get him up to a Treloar/Dusty

Simon

June 16, 2017 at 1:20 pm

They won’t know for a while, and I must state for the sake of open disclosure that I’m not a doctor, but minimum put a pen through him for 2 or 3. He’ll be a trade in both forms if you ask me because it could easily end up more.

Think Sandilands… was meant to be 1 and has ended up about 5. Admittedly Scooter has youth on his side, but has an injury history that concerns me also.

Frank

June 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Def

Adams Laird harbrow marchbank Stewart Docherty (EVW, Ryan )
    Mid

Dangerfield, tom Mitchell, Rocky JPK murphy Merrett Gaff Myers (Miles cousins )
    Rucks

Grundy Simpson ( Cameron preuss )
    Forward

Macrae Dahlhaus Yeo Heeney Greenwood Barrett (Black Pickett )

36 k
    3 trades this week can someone please help.
    Trade Harbrow?

Lance Franklin

June 16, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Harbrow -> Lloyd
      EVW -> Willis
      Miles -> Mountford

Frank

June 16, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Thanks Lance wat about my rucks ?

Hogan

June 16, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I would be stoked if Rocky scores 110-120 this week and lays a few hugs. His price would drop nicely and the score would prove hes is OK to bring in. Here’s hoping.

Kade

June 16, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Really stuck with what to do this week, some feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
    Not playing for overall, mainly for a league with mates so non playing players aren’t an issue for me this week, just want my team set up for next week
    $79k left

Def: Adams, Docherty, Laird, Newman, Scharenberg, Willis (Ryan, Hibberd)
    Mid: Danger, T.Mitchell, Treloar, Merrett, Rockliff, Ablett, Kelly, Murphy (Myers, Cousins)
    Ruck: Martin, Kreuzer (King, Cameron)
    Fwd: Dahl, Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, C.Brown, Greenwood (Beech, Miles)

Thinking Myers > Mountford which will give me $204k, have no clue what else to do
    Please help! Thanks guys

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Yeah you’re in bit of a pickle.
      1. Myers to Mountford as you said
      2. Miles to S.Bolton
      3. Up to you but Newman to Newnes?

Roger

June 16, 2017 at 4:36 pm

or 3. Hibberd to Willis

Plugger

June 16, 2017 at 3:13 pm

You might also consider Bailey Rice if he is selected in the final teams after 6 tonight (as is rumoured).

So, Myers out> Willis to Mids > Rice in to Def’s.

Rice might have a higher ceiling than Mountford. Both unconfirmed JS. 213k left to trade in someone like Newnes or Lloyd next week.

Otherwise, that side you have is going to be trouble for any of your mates in a league showdown, I would think.

Kade

June 16, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot Plugger!!

Hogan

June 16, 2017 at 3:52 pm

You could go Myers > Mountford and Scharenberg > Cutler. Cutler is selected, in form and should make money this week, along with a chance to score reasonably well until you upgrade him to Lloyd or similar.

Mick

June 16, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Guys, need your thoughts…. RDT, really do not need to trade but, have the opportunity to trade out Pruess for a $109,300 ruck/fwd and trade out Taranto, then move Nankervis to fwd and get Kreuzer with $96,000 left in the kitty….

Boofhead

June 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Brought Scooter in last week and if he isnt playing next week I might bring in B Ellis if he scores well against Swans.

Matt

June 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm

9 coaches places left in an ultimate footy keeper league, here is the invitation link.

jordricer

June 16, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Who is the better rookie to bring in Mountford or Witherden?

Hogan

June 16, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Mountford is selected and cheaper.

Liam

June 16, 2017 at 3:38 pm

JPK or Zorko as POD captains this week?

Hogan

June 16, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Zorko for higher ceiling at this stage.