Mad Monday Podcast

Ep 010: Mad Monday Podcast ahead of Round 19

Roy, Calvin and Warnie discuss DT ahead of Round 19 and we name up the Ultimate 22 heading into finals. Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes.

mm_website

Listen in now to the tenth DT TALK Mad Monday Podcast. We chat DT for about 20 minutes every Monday arvo, so make us part of your Monday evening or Tuesday commute! Subscribe now in iTunes and feel free to give us a rating and comment.

This Mad Monday we talk about:

• Around the grounds
  • +3 votes, -3 votes
  • Most popular trades of Beams and Grundy in via guys like Swallow and Nicholls out
  • We look at the ultimate 22 heading into DT finals

OUR ULTIMATE FINALS TWENTY-TWO

DEF: Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Ricky Henderson, Corey Enright, Michael Hibbard.
MID: Gary Ablett, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Michael Barlow, Joel Selwood, Dayne Beams, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
RUC: Dean Cox, Matthew Kreuzer
FWD: Steve Johnson, Dustin Martin, Tom Rockliff, Jimmy Bartel, Nick Riewoldt, Travis Cloke

Let us know your thoughts on the ultimate finals 22 in the comments.

Click here to download MP3.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated… what do you want to hear from a Monday evening DT Talk Podcast? Let us know in the comments.

itunessubscribe

Kirk Mackintosh

July 29, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Matthew Kreuzer, I have Roughead. But i might get Kruezer and JJK for NROO

Warnie

July 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Realistically, I will have JJK over Voldt in my team over finals… as I won’t be trading him out (at this stage).

Elliott Dwyer-Long

July 29, 2013 at 10:33 pm

What do you think about Minson? I can get in any ruck this week, (already have Cox) and I like Minson vs Bulldogs in Rnd 23 and is also a little POD.

D Day

July 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Wow Minson vs the Bulldogs!? I wonder who he is going to ruck against since the bulldogs ruckman wont be playing for them that game :P

Kirk Mackintosh

July 30, 2013 at 9:45 am

I keep getting told to trade out JJK for someone better but unless WC masively drop off i will keep

Edward

July 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Lovely stuff as always lads. I have been debating Beams V Boyd this week as well, and although beams is 50k more expensive (or something like that), he actually has a much lower breakeven! Beams is 110 while boyd is about 150! so get beambox in this week, then can always get boydy in next week once he drops back to around 520 :)

Lachlan

July 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Don’t really like Griffin in there and even more because theres 2 dogs in there, might have prefered a Montagna

Warnie

July 29, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Old school me would have preferred Montagna, but at the moment, I can’t fault Griffen over him – especially with Melbourne in the Grand Final.

Bertie

July 29, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Think Hanley should be in the top 6 defender when fit.

Warnie

July 29, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Yeah – I thought that… wasn’t too sure on timeline though for him. If I knew Calvin was going to name up the Voldt, I probably would have included Hanley.

Nathan

July 29, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I tend to agree with the mids although atm I see no reason to trade out Montagna he has done nothing drastically wrong, similar to you Warnine and JJK.

Also, I think that Ibbo may be an option too. His form isnt great but when McPharlin comes back then he will be freed up again

Warnie

July 29, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Yeah – two weeks left for McPharlin, but then there’s the doubt on what role he does actually play. With old mate Ross, anything can happen! Haha. Could be some sideways fixture trading with Ibbo.

Nathan

July 29, 2013 at 8:03 pm

When McPharlin comes back Ibbo has three weeks, I guess I can see how he goes in first week back and see Ibbo role. If Ibbo is still not floating around loose then I’ll just offload him I guess then.

I think getting Beams in this week is more important then me offloading Ibbo anyways

Jack

July 29, 2013 at 7:56 pm

i prefer the kieren + rok combo over griff + boyd.. but i guess that’s my opinion.

Brad

July 29, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Should I put montagna in my dream team knowing that they verse Fremantle in the grand final with Crowley possibly tagging.

aTeam

July 30, 2013 at 12:33 am

You could always get him in then trade him for someone else in the last round assuming no other issues

leetrevor81

July 30, 2013 at 1:38 am

I just traded monty in and your comment scared me in to almost changing my mind. I just checked his last score vs freo thought, and he got 117. So he is either good against the tag or Crowly goes to someone else vs saints

manny87

July 30, 2013 at 11:50 am

Crowley went to Dal Santo in the first half. Joey was on about 80ish at half time then Crowley went to him for the second half and shut him down.

inthefog

July 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Seriously. The day Crowley picks up a long term injury is the day of mass Schadenfreude on this site.

If you pick up Montagna, you might want to sideways him on grand final day to someone playing Melb like Boyd or Griffen.

Chris

July 29, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I think griffens scores are going through the honeymoon period where gonna be brought back down to earth soon, I like rough, especially sense there were four goals in a buddy dominated game, his early scores and position on the coleman says he can get it done. Why hasn’t anyone kept Hutchings? Him + Mitchell = Lethal Mid Bench

9. inztantkarma

inztantkarma

July 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm

great episode lads.. Makes me feel better knowing there are other sooks out there sulking around until Friday night..

Ultimate 22
    Backs: God, Hepp, Gibbs, Hendo (balls on the line there), McKenzie, Enright
    Mids: Gazza, Pig, Pendles, Barlow, Beams, Jelwood, Monty, ROK
    Rucks: Burger, Kruz
    Fwds: StevieJ, Martin, Rocky, Cox, Roughy, JJK

Unlucky: Roo (injury risk), Jack, Cloke (point post risk), Ibbo (ordinary but soft draw and high ceiling), Minson (nobody has him it seems)

back into sook mode…

Lachie

July 29, 2013 at 9:39 pm

just wondering if i should trade riewoldt for cloke this week or keep him on the bench for staker?

inztantkarma

July 29, 2013 at 9:43 pm

i’m trading him. Too risky for the first DT final off the back of an injury.. So now he will smash out 100+

Ingoes

July 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I reckon ROK deserves a gig in the midfield

Hook

July 29, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Great episode guys.

Pretty good ultimate team u put together (most of them are in my team already)

Only concerns are Nroo’s knee/foot. Don’t think I would bring him in just yet. Think JJK and Lewis are probably better picks atm.

I also think if grimes stops tagging (surely he will) I would slot him into the top 6 somewhere, maybe ahead of hibberd due to his ceiling. Good run home too.

Still a little concerned with hendo, a lot of rebounding defenders have gone on runs and then been shut down this year. Scoring on DeBoer is encouraging though.

Brad

July 29, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Should I keep harry tayler in my back line

14. Elliott Dwyer-Long

Elliott Dwyer-Long

July 29, 2013 at 10:37 pm

What does everyone think about Sidebottom? I know I could just be being reactive with him scoring a 143 and all, but he has been playing much better since Beams has come back, and I would like a POD. I can sideways trade Nroo -> Sidebottom easy as you like.

james

July 29, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Sidebottom would be an absolute master stroke or could cost you the whole season. When tagged,ihe vanishes. Great for Swan, Pendlebury and Beamer as their numbers go boom. Usually only one great shut down player per team

When let to run free, expect 100-120.

Seems to be asked to play various roles for Pies like up forward when tagged, dragging the tagger away from Swan, Pendlebury, Beams

Score vs. Hawks this year: 49. plays them 2nd week finals
      Swans first week finals, don’t give up points easily.

Much rather use Henderson as a defender/forward swingman. He is the Crows quarterback. First option to set up and first option to slow the play down through mark/kick combos.

If possible, don’t bring Bartel back until next week. Break even 150, why spend the extra 20k this week. $$$ will be priceless come finals…

Riewoldt, not with a twenty foot pole. Kennedy is very very capable of carrying you through.

Gartz

July 29, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Its official – My team is cr@p Im missing half of these guys (10)
    DEF: Henderson, Hibbard
    MID: Swan, JSelwood, Beams, Boyd, Griffen
    RUC: Kreuzer
    FWD: Rockliff, NRiewoldt
    Yes no Pig – its an ethical thing.
    8 more trades – cant be achieved when Im missing 10 – Besides not havin the ca$h

Ingoes

July 29, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Hibberd hasn’t scored more than 90 since round 10. Ellis has done it the last two weeks. Hartlett’s done it three times over those weeks. Just saying

17. Damo

Damo

July 29, 2013 at 11:29 pm

If anyone wants a decent downgrade forward, seriously consider Lewis Johnston from the Crows. With Jenkins out he is basically the only man who can step into his role coming off the back of 7 goals for North Adelaide in the SANFL. HE wont score much but he is cheap and will give you points if necessary.

leetrevor81

July 30, 2013 at 1:41 am

I was thinking the same. I have stokes as my 8th forward at the moment so it doesn’t matter if i ditch staker for a forward that averages 50, so a good way to make cash if you have good depth

james

July 29, 2013 at 11:51 pm

No way Hibberd is still in the best 22. Looking for a solid 75-85 in defence

My man Jarrod Harbrow. Very consistent, don’t expect 100s but consistent 80 average

Still like Ibbotsons run home, especially when/if McPharlin gets back.

Ellis for sure deserves a spot.

Can’t bring myself to bring Hartlett back in #scarredforlife

Cotchin is still a POD in the mids. 90 vs Swans not bad and won’t get tagged as sides know how ineffective Lids is when he’s tagged

GoldStein and Kreuzer as Rucks for me. Love Goldy. Cox is past it.

Gartz

July 30, 2013 at 12:19 am

The final team is good – much of DT is due to investments

Best Bench Investments to date
    DEF: BGoodes, Terlich – 243%
    MID: JOM. Titchell – 291%
    RUC: Gawn, Nichols – 216%
    FWD: Dwyer, Kerridge – 245%

Near miss
    DEF: Laird – 206%
    MID: Crouch – 268%
    RUC: Blicavs – 198%
    FWD: Macaffer – 141%

Best DPPs (ex above)
    Staker & Mayes – 129%

Gartz

July 30, 2013 at 12:33 am

Conversely the worst buys can hurt
      Worst 8
      M Wallis -33%
      S Tuck -32%
      A Carrazzo -31%
      B Reilly -31%

Aidan

July 30, 2013 at 12:42 am

I still have cotch in mids with last season late run i dont know why people dont like him he been doing well recently

Aidan

July 30, 2013 at 12:43 am

I also have mckenzie in defense and has worked really well for me

22. Brak

Brak

July 30, 2013 at 2:31 am

Pretty much agree with the 22, I’m not far off.
    It is a tough call when using up those last trades. I’m bringing in another Mid, and putting Priddis M9. current line up is
    Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Beams, Barlow, J Selwood & Stanton.
    At the moment I am thinking Jack ahead of Boyd and Griffen but this article and looking at the draw with Dogs playing Bris, Ade, Melb last 3 might change my mind.

Murph

July 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

what’re everyone’s thoughts on Bartell. Is he really going to re-gain the form he had at the start of the season?
    Also, is Jelwood a must have? I know he’s on a killer run, but his propensity for a stinker is scaring me off….
    Thoughts?

24. Stuart

Stuart

July 30, 2013 at 1:47 pm

By points I’m ranked 4th in my league with around 300 points to 5th, however I’ve had an unlucky run with guys getting kissed on it and I’m 9th on the ladder! Can still make the 8 just!

25. NoNonsense

NoNonsense

July 30, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I’m bringing in Minson for Nichols this week.
    Will wait to see if NRoo is fit to keep or not. If not, I’ll trade him to Lewis.
    What are people’s thoughts on either Scotland or H. Shaw in the backline?

jmansbeasts

July 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm

BEST 22

DEF: Heppell, Goddard, Gibbs, Henderson, Enright, Malceski.
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Barlow, Selwood, Beams, Jack, Stanton
    RUC: Dean Cox, Matthew Kreuzer
    FWD: Rockliff, JJK, Cloke, Johnson, Martin, Riewoldt (depending on his injury)

27. POK

POK

August 2, 2013 at 10:19 am

I think I’ve sacrificed getting my ultimate 22 and instead looked at getting plenty of cover. Will be interesting to see what works out best and I guess I’m hoping for plenty of late withdrawals in the last couple of rounds.

If i can complete my planned trades I will have:

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Heppell Hanley Hartlett Ibbotson (Duffield Grimes)
    MID: Swan GAJ Pendles Barlow Griffen Stanton Fyfe Watson (M.Murphy Atkins (MID/FWD) )
    RUC: Goldy Berger (NicNat Naismith)
    FWD: Rocky Cox Stevie J Dusty Bartel Roughead (JJK Buddy)