The Season

Weekend Forecast – Round 20

Bails has got you covered for the first week of finals.

***Live stream of the Weekend Forecast will be on my YouTube channel. Make sure to tune in as I will be answering your questions during the live stream. Also, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a like on the video. Would be very much appreciated.***

The first week of AFL Fantasy league finals are here, and a few curve balls as always have been thrown our way. A couple of big outs, with Adam Treloar missing with calf tightness, and Aaron Hall out through Health and Safety Protocols. Tom Campbell has also been named for St Kilda, making Rowan Marshall a less attractive prospect as he will be sharing ruck duties. I will be joined by Nathan from Hatchat on my video/podcast version of The Weekend Forecast to preview each game for round 19 and answer all of your burning questions, so tune in tomorrow at 5pm ACST to catch the episode live.

Now, lets get into the Weekend Forecast.

Fremantle vs Melbourne @ Optus Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 15°C, mostly cloudy

Team Lineups

Fremantle

Rory Lobb

OUT

Bailey Banfield (Omitted), Nat Fyfe (Injured)

Melbourne

Jake Lever, Jayden Hunt

OUT

James Harmes (Injured), Adam Tomlinson (Omitted), Toby Bedford (Managed)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Andrew Brayshaw, Clayton Oliver, Max Gawn

Other players to watch: Angus Brayshaw, Will Brodie, Christian Petracca

Captain/VC Options: Andrew Brayshaw

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide @ MCG

Weather Forecast

Around 13°C, sunny

Team Lineups

Collingwood

Jordan De Goey

OUT

Brody Mihocek (Injured), Josh Carmichael (Medi-Sub)

Port Adelaide

Trent McKenzie, Xavier Duursma, Lachie Jones

OUT

Tom Clurey (Omitted), Riley Bonner (HS Protocols), Willem Drew (Omitted), Dan Houston (Injured)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: None

Other players to watch: Jack Crisp, Nick Daicos, Darcy Cameron, Connor Rozee

Captain/VC Options: None

Sydney vs GWS @ SCG

Weather Forecast

Around 14°C, sunny

Team Lineups

Sydney

Sam Wicks (Medi-Sub)

GWS

IN

Tom Green, Lachie Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Jesse Hogan, Harry Perryman, Leek Aleer

OUT

Jake Stein (Medi-Sub), Tanner Bruhn (Omitted), Zach Sproule (Omitted), Jake Riccardi (Omitted), Kieran Briggs (Omitted), Lachlan Keefe (Omitted), Xavier O’Halloran (Omitted)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Tim Taranto, Stephen Coniglio, Callum Mills, Harry Himmelberg, Luke Parker, Braydon Preuss, Chad Warner

Other players to watch: None

Captain/VC Options: Callum Mills

St Kilda vs Hawthorn @ Marvel Stadium

Weather Forecast

***Roof Closed***

Team Lineups

St Kilda

Dan Hannebery, Tom Campbell

OUT

Ryan Byrnes (Omitted), Jade Gresham (Injured), Jack Billings (Injured)

Hawthorn

Jacob Koschitzke, Changkuoth Jiath, Sam Butler

OUT

Ned Reeves (Injured), Denver Grainger-Barras (Omitted), Jarman Impey (Managed), Tom Phillips (Medi-Sub)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Dylan Moore, Jack Steele

Other players to watch: Jack Sinclair (potential tag from Maginness), Tom Mitchell, James Sicily, Rowan Marshall (Campebell in the side so will share ruck duties)

Captain/VC Options: Jack Steele

Geelong vs Western Bulldogs @ GMHBA Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 8°C, partly cloudy

Team Lineups

Geelong

Jonathon Ceglar, Tom Stewart

OUT

Shannon Neale (Medi-Sub), Zach Tuohy (HS Protocols), Rhys Stanley (Injured)

Western Bulldogs

Zaine Cordy, Caleb Daniel

OUT

Lachlan McNeil (Omitted), Adam Treloar (Injured), Alex Keath (Omitted)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Tom Stewart, Josh Dunkley, Bailey Smith, Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli

Other players to watch: Mitch Duncan, Tom Liberatore, Bailey Dale, Cam Guthrie, Jack Macrae

Captain/VC Options: Tom Stewart (smoky VC, could be massive)

Adelaide vs Carlton @ Adelaide Oval

Weather Forecast

Around 13°C, cloudy with potential showers (37% chance of rain)

Team Lineups

Adelaide

Josh Worrell

OUT

Tom Doedee (Injured), Brayden Cook (Medi-Sub)

Carlton

Matthew Owies, Marc Pittonet

OUT

Jack Newnes (Medi-Sub), Jack Silvagni (Omitted), Josh Honey (Managed)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Jordan Dawson, Rory Laird, Sam Docherty

Other players to watch: Josh Worrell, Patrick Cripps, Reilly O’Brien, Sam Walsh

Captain/VC Options: Rory Laird, Sam Docherty, Jordan Dawson (smoky VC)

Gold Coast vs West Coast @ Metricon Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 16°C, cloudy

Team Lineups

Gold Coast

Mac Andrew, Hewago Paul Oea, Malcolm Rosas, Jack Bowes

Charlie Ballard (Injured)

West Coast

IN

Greg Clark, Willie Rioli, Hugh Dixon, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jack Petruccelle, Zac Langdon, Nic Naitanui

OUT

Josh Kennedy (Managed), Rhett Bazzo (Injured), Josh Rotham (Injured), Alex Witherden (Injured)

Players to Watch

Weather Forecast

***Roof Closed***

Team Lineups

Essendon

Jye Menzie, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Archie Perkins, Nick Bryan, James Stewart

OUT

Brayden Ham (Medi-Sub), Andrew McGrath (HS Protocols)

North Melbourne

IN

Nick Larkey, Jack Mahony, Kayne Turner, Josh Walker, Josh Goater, Kallan Dawson, Jackson Archer

OUT

Paul Curtis (HS Protocols), Aidan Corr (HS Protocols), Aaron Hall (HS Protocols), Flynn Perez (Suspension)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Jackson Archer, Kallan Dawson, Zach Merrett, Luke Davies-Uniacke

Other players to watch: Mason Redman, Josh Goater (if named)

Captain/VC Options: Zach Merrett

My Trades

Darcy Cameron -> Max Gawn

Tom Mitchell -> Callum Mills

Pretty simple trades. I have 217k from last week, so I can make 2 upgrades. I am going Tom Mitchell because we know what his role is, and I can get a potential 20-25 point upgrade for a top mid. I like Mills with the nice run to finish the year just over Touk and Merrett but it could change. Second trade will be Cameron up to Gawn, unless Mason Cox is ruled out then I would keep Cameron and upgrade one of Cripps or Petracca to Tom Stewart, who I think will be big this week on return.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for reading the Weekend Forecast. If you have any questions about your starting teams, or anything else, leave your questions in the comments section below or hit me up at my Twitter or Instagram (links provided below).

Good luck for round 20 and the first week of league finals!

Instagram: @baileyirrgang

Twitter: @baileyirrgang

I am a lover of all sports, especially the AFL. Some of the teams I support include the Adelaide Crows, Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Rams just to name a few. I am also a big fan of fantasy sports, particularly AFL Fantasy and NFL Fantasy.

1. jjbkeeper

July 29, 2022 at 9:37 am

Whats the thoughts on selecting Archer over Hollands? Mead doesn’t look like he will lose me any money this week, while Parnell has a chance of losing a bit.

• Nebula

July 29, 2022 at 9:45 am

I’d personally go Hollands. Feel like Hollands has better scoring potential

• lizard-of-oz

July 29, 2022 at 11:35 am

losing a little money at RD 21
      Is the least of your worries.

• PowerAde

July 29, 2022 at 11:56 am

no point worrying about money now

• Bailey

July 29, 2022 at 2:32 pm

I would go Hollands as well mate, but if you need a defender, I would probably go Kallan Dawson at 190k. Heard good things about him and saves you some more coin

2. Ben

July 29, 2022 at 9:46 am

Absolutely agonising over this one:

Houston out for T Stewart (and keep D Cameron) or,
    Houston out for Hayden Young, and turn D Cameron into the Juiciest of Preussiests.
    Any help appreciated!

• jjbkeeper

July 29, 2022 at 9:48 am

I’m giving Cameron another week. Cox has missed training this week with sickness. Mihocek is out this week so thinking Cox will probably spend more time forward. But I also just spilt coffee all over myself so my opinion may be null and void based on my life decisions today.

• Ben

July 29, 2022 at 11:31 am

Haha! I’m taking that as a sign – Cameron and Stewart is it!

• Bailey

July 29, 2022 at 2:34 pm

Yeah I would keep Cameron in that scenario and get Stewart. I don’t think you want both Young and Preuss for rest of season, whereas Stewart you do, and you can move Cameron on next week

3. Bill

July 29, 2022 at 2:02 pm

Hewett to Doc, and Treloar to Heeney.
    (forced changes)

I never thought I would take Heeney, but he’s cheap with a good draw coming up.

• Bailey

July 29, 2022 at 2:35 pm

I wouldn’t get Heeney mate. If you can’t afford anyone else apart from a Heeney or De Goey type, I would go Hewett to a Stewart then Treloar up to who you can afford

• Bill

July 29, 2022 at 5:08 pm

How about Dawson and Taranto?

• Bill

July 30, 2022 at 4:43 pm

I should have stuck with Heeney!

4. Paul

July 29, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Who would you offload first?

Petracca, Heeney, Lloyd or ROB?

• Bobby Bouchet

July 29, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Lloyd goes first

5. Woosh

July 29, 2022 at 3:18 pm

$3k short of Treloar to Baz…
    Should I go Gawn, Taranto or Duncan instead?
    Bit converses about Max being so up/down and his tough run home, plus tonight’s game being wet…

• Woosh

July 29, 2022 at 3:18 pm

*concerned

• Jayden

July 29, 2022 at 7:17 pm

I would say gawn out of those 3, taranto has a tough run coming up for mids, Duncan loses the Stewart role and always a chance to be rested before finals

6. Bobby Bouchet

July 29, 2022 at 4:46 pm

a) Cameron to Preuss + Houston to Stewart
    b) Soligo to Culley + Houston to Doch (D. Cameron on field)
    c) Petracca to Steele + Houston to Robbie Fox (D. Cameron on field)

7. George

July 29, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Darcy Cameron to Gawn? means I have to play Soligo or Culley on field
    Or hold Cameron and upgrade Soligo to a Gawn or English
    So basically Cameron & Gawn vs Gawn and Soligo/Culley??
    Any help would be appreciated :)

8. Andy

July 29, 2022 at 8:27 pm

10 mins in and regretting my ruck choice (Maxy)

9. Chad Weiner

July 29, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Is Redman playing?

10. Bill

July 29, 2022 at 11:12 pm

Ha! So who dumped Petracca this week?

Chopping and changing prems. seldom works.

• Dulcify

July 29, 2022 at 11:37 pm

Not I, he is my emergency. VC on Andy. Happy with tonight’s score.

• Jay1

July 30, 2022 at 9:16 am

110 is not really that great at this time of year, given most of us have completed teams and are working towards getting in the best scorers for the short-term at this point.

I dumped Trac last week, before his rubbish 69…so actually, chopping premos has “worked” given he’s averaged 89.5 since I’ve gotten rid of him.

On the flip side, the guy I brought him in for has averaged me 118 so far. Winning.

11. Bill

July 30, 2022 at 1:39 pm

Cogs late out.
    I was already dealing with two other outs, so that stuffs me.

• Daicos4Brownlow

July 30, 2022 at 4:53 pm

You are not going to be alone there. I have Hollands on the ground due to Cogs being a late out, but only because I have been ill; otherwise, I would have been out and wouldn’t have known about it, then Carmichael’s bench score would have counted for him. Hopefully Hollands does better than 46.

• Bill

July 30, 2022 at 5:30 pm

I finished up keeping Hewett and having Burgoyne cover for him. 81, not too bad.
        Better than Crisp’s appalling 64!

I traded out Cogs and Treloar for Steele and Taranto.
        Taranto was rubbish, only scored in junk time. I should have stuck with Heeney.

12. Bill

July 30, 2022 at 2:51 pm

Preuss looking at another suspension.
    Good luck if you brought him in again.

• Daicos4Brownlow

July 30, 2022 at 4:56 pm

I almost got suckered into bringing in Preuss. In a way, Treloar being out and Grundy playing in the Magoos saved me, as I had to trade Treloar and decided to stick with Cameron.

Preuss is still at a very tempting price for what he can score, but he always seems to find a way to stuff things up.

• Bill

July 30, 2022 at 5:32 pm

Does Preuss have some sort of mental issue?
        He keeps wacking people.

• Andy

July 30, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Didn’t see the game, what did he do? Score was okay. Have been busy today and missed the Cogs news.. Culley to play as the E.

• Bill

July 30, 2022 at 11:07 pm

Preuss elbowed a swans player to the head and gave away a free kick and goal.
            On the radio they said he would be facing another suspension.

• Daicos4Brownlow

July 30, 2022 at 11:48 pm

It doesn’t look as bad as his previous efforts. It was off the ball, Rowbottom was watching the ball and not ready for the bump. Preuss chose to bump; therefore deliberate. Doesn’t look to be high from the angle shown, but definitely whiplash effect. Rowbottom continued playing, but was shaken, so impact lowish. I think that for a player with no record, it would be a fine, but with Preuss’s record, I reckon he gets a week.

Preuss has a screw loose. He is definitely a slow learner.

13. John1

July 30, 2022 at 5:04 pm

fantastic last month or so, ive made 7 or 8 forced trades in the last 6 rounds, and I didnt even trade out treloar or cogs, had 2 other forced trades to deal with this week first
    Seem to have missed most of the saturday carnage so far (other than cogs) so my score might not end up being too bad haha. Culley emg for cogs hopefully saves me

14. GG Allin

July 31, 2022 at 7:55 am

May, Crisp, Sidebum get on my ever growing Never Again List

15. The Choozler

July 31, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Mason Redperson going yooj again!