The Season

Weekend Forecast – Round 14

Are you ready for the final bye round? Let Bails help you get sorted.

***Live stream of the Weekend Forecast will be on my YouTube channel. Make sure to tune in as I will be answering your questions during the live stream. Also, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a like on the video. Would be very much appreciated.***

The final bye round is here, and when we thought it would be easier, we thought wrong! Plenty of teams will be struggling to get anywhere near the 22 players most of us thought we would have, with some coaches maybe not even having 18. The biggest issue for us to deal with is Max Gawn, who will be out for 4-6 weeks with an ankle injury, meaning he needs to go. There are plenty of great options to bring in, but the most important thing to keep in mind is to make sure you don’t stuff up your team before the start of next week, so keep the process of upgrading your on field team.

We had another Thursday night game last night so here is what happened:

Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG

Sam Docherty (129) – The man is a machine! After only scoring 14 points due to playing 48% of the first quarter while being stuck on the bench, he smashed it from then, scoring 115 points after QT. He is the no.1 defender!

Sam Walsh (109) – Was continually busy throughout the game. Solid score and wasn’t ideal conditions for a ceiling score

Patrick Cripps (106) – Back to back tons for Crippa have eased some concerns coaches had leading into the bye. Not sure whether he will be a top 8 mid, but should still average around the 105-108 mark.

Jayden Short (101) – Good to see him back over 100+. Not great conditions, but still got the job done for his owners.

Nick Vlastuin (95) – Solid score if you had him in Draft or as a POD in Classic

Toby Nankervis (87) – Scored around the same even though he was the solo ruck.

George Hewett (76) – Super Hewey’s first bad score of the season, and a 76 isn’t that awful. Will bounceback next week.

Judson Clarke (40) – Tried hard in the wet, but wasn’t able quite replicate his form from last week, but conditions certainly played a part.

Corey Durdin (36) – Similar to Clarke, the wet weather conditons didn’t quite suit a forward to score well.

Sam Durdin (33) – dUnfortunately went off injured. Still not sure on the severity of it but hopefully for Carlton and fantasy coaches, it isn’t a bad one.

Now, lets get into the rest of the Weekend Forecast.

St Kilda vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium

Weather Forecast

***Roof Closed***

Team Lineups

St Kilda

IN

Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Hunter Clark, Jack Billings, Ryan Byrnes

OUT

Mitch Owens (Injured), Jarrod Lienert (Omitted), Mason Wood (Omitted), Daniel McKenzie (Injured), Marcus Windhager (Omitted)

Essendon

IN

Massimo D’Ambrosio, Andrew McGrath, Brayden Ham

OUT

Zach Reid (Omitted), Tom Cutler (Omitted), Alec Waterman (Medi-Sub), Darcy Parish (Injured)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Jack Sinclair, Massimo D’Ambrosio, Zach Merrett

Other players to watch: Hunter Clark, Nic Martin, Brad Crouch, Jade Gresham, Dylan Shiel, Ben Hobbs

Captain/VC Options: Jack Sinclair (smoky pick for a VC)

Port Adelaide vs Sydney @ Adelaide Oval

Weather Forecast

Around 18°C, sunny with some clouds

Team Lineups

Port Adelaide

IN

Brynn Teakle, Mitch Georgiades, Jackson Mead

OUT

Travis Boak (HS Protocols), Robbie Gray (Injured), Steven Motlop (Omitted), Trent Dumont (Injured)

Sydney

IN

Harry Cunningham, Lance Franklin

OUT

Joel Amartey (Omitted), Robbie Fox (Omitted), Ben Ronke (Medi-Sub)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Dan Houston, Luke Parker, Brynn Teakle, Callum Mills

Other players to watch: Zak Butters, Connor Rozee, Jake Lloyd, Paddy McCartin, Ollie Wines, Jackson Mead, Isaac Heeney

Captain/VC Options: Callum Mills

West Coast vs Geelong @ Optus Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 16°C, rain likely (89% chance of rain)

Team Lineups

West Coast

IN

Jamaine Jones, Willie Rioli, Rhett Bazzo, Dom Sheed, Jeremy McGovern, Elliot Yeo, Jack Petruccelle

OUT

Greg Clark (Omitted), Isiah Winder (Omitted), Patrick Naish (Medi-Sub), Jackson Nelson (Omitted), Harry Edwards (Omitted), Luke Foley (Omitted), Alex Witherden (Omitted), Sam Petrevski-Seton (Illness)

Geelong

IN

Sam Menegola, Jake Kolodjashnij

OUT

Gary Rohan (Illness), Quinton Narkle (Medi-Sub), Brandan Parfitt (Injured)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Mitch Duncan, Cam Guthrie, Tom Stewart, Rhett Bazzo

Other players to watch: Brady Hough, Cooper Stephens, Sam De Koning, Callum Jamieson

Captain/VC Options: none

GWS vs Western Bulldogs @ Giants Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 14°C, potential showers (45% chance of rain)

Team Lineups

GWS

IN

Nick Haynes, Braydon Preuss, Ryan Angwin

OUT

Jake Stein (Medi-Sub), Matt De Boer (Injured), Zach Sproule (Omitted), Harry Perryman (Injured)

Western Bulldogs

IN

Jason Johannisen, Josh Schache, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

OUT

Lachlan McNeil (Omitted), Bailey Smith (Suspension), Buku Khamis (Omitted), Mitch Wallis (Medi-Sub)

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae, Stephen Coniglio, Harry Himmelberg, Lachie Whitfield, Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar

Other players to watch: Isaac Cumming, James Peatling, Bailey Dale, Braydon Preuss, Josh Kelly, Jacob Wehr, Ryan Angwin, Robbie McComb

Captain/VC Options: Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley

Gold Coast vs Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium

Weather Forecast

Around 18°C, partly cloudy

Team Lineups

Gold Coast

IN

Levi Casboult, Jack Bowes, Sean Lemmens, Elijah Hollands, Sam Flanders

OUT

Lachie Weller (Injured), Jeremy Sharp (Omitted)

Adelaide

IN

Jordon Butts, Elliot Himmelberg, Josh Rachele

OUT

Players to Watch

Trade Targets: Ben Keays, Jordan Dawson, Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller, Reilly O’Brien, Rory Laird, Patrick Parnell (if named)

Other players to watch: Noah Anderson, Jackson Hately, Jake Soligo, Joel Jeffrey

Captain/VC Options: Touk Miller, Rory Laird

My Trades

Gawn -> Laird

S Hayes -> Teakle

Sicily/Daicos -> Mills or Brodie -> Bontempelli

Operation bring in Laird will be completed this weekend, but unfortunately it will be big Maxy that will go to him. For my last 2 trades, with all the players I have on bye being premiums, and me struggling to get 19, it makes it challenging. I will likely be grabbing cash by going Hayes down to Teakle, but still unsure about my third trade. At this stage, I am going Sicily to Mills as I already have Sam Docherty, Jack Sinclair, Jordan Dawson, George Hewett, and Jack Crisp, with Lachie Whitfield and Nick Daicos in my midfield. By doing this I would have 167k in the bank ready to upgrade my final rookie in SDK up to Bont next week. I could trade Daicos instead of Sicily, but I feel Daicos still has a bit of cash to make, plus his back to back tons have shown he can still score well. The other alternative I am looking at is going Brodie to Bont, but I am unsure how Bont will score this week against GWS, and I would rather grab him next week.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for reading the Weekend Forecast. If you have any questions about your starting teams, or anything else, leave your questions in the comments section below or hit me up at my Twitter or Instagram (links provided below).

Good luck for round 14!

Instagram: @baileyirrgang

Twitter: @baileyirrgang

I am a lover of all sports, especially the AFL. Some of the teams I support include the Adelaide Crows, Manchester United, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Rams just to name a few. I am also a big fan of fantasy sports, particularly AFL Fantasy and NFL Fantasy.

1. Norman

June 17, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Thoughts on Himmelbergs roll?
    Haynes back in so Haynes, Taylor and Keefe 3 talls down back matching up on Naughton, Schache? and Jamarra/Bont?

Hogan and the testing ruckman in the forward line, I feel like HH will play predominantly forward.

His -5 breakeven is so tempting anyway though!

Currently tossing up between Nic Martin – Himmelberg for the cash grab leaving 19 on the field with Clarkes 40 already on the chopping block or Cleary – D’Am with 20 green dots.

Need done GWS supporter insight please

• John1

June 17, 2022 at 3:59 pm

I dont trust him to keep the backline role, he might but spike mentioned something about him playing forward during the week and now with haynes back I think its too risky to go for. He will still make you money over the next couple weeks if you grab him regardless of if hes forward or back but id pass and look at a guy like hately or even just go down to a rookie to prepare for next week

• Norman

June 17, 2022 at 4:17 pm

Also my thinking.

Getting rid of the red dot in Cleary for D’Am looks the go with Martin up to a Premo mid next week on the cards

2. George

June 17, 2022 at 4:18 pm

Great write up again Bails!
    What are your thoughts on bringing in Mitch Duncan and Tom Stewart this week for Gawn and Zorko?
    Instead of Duncan I can go all the way up to Mills but it leaves me with like 30-40 k for next week and with Duncan it leaves me 250k for next weeks final upgrade

• Norman

June 17, 2022 at 5:05 pm

I was gonna bring in Stewart this week but it’s forecasted heavy rain in Perth tomorrow so can’t see the chip mark game being too big. With a BE of 130-odd I’m gonna wait a week.

For the other, Personally I’d just bite the bullet on Mills and get him in. Too much inconsistency with Duncan atm and can’t see him scoring huge this week

• George

June 17, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Thanks for the response Norman, Stewart is locked in for me regardless of weather it’s still west coast and might not be able to get him next week due to other issues arising, but I’ve brought in Mills over Duncan, it makes more sense

• Jay1

June 17, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Gee, long way back for Massimo from here….

3. JB

June 17, 2022 at 5:58 pm

How do you go Gawn to Laird with that being Ruc/Mid I thought you could only trade on the same line? If you meant you were downgrading Gawn to someone else and using the cash to upgrade someone else to Laird that would make sense, but then you detail two other trades. Is there something I’m missing? First year playing fantasy in a long time. Cheers

• Steve

June 17, 2022 at 6:08 pm

He will be swinging someone from the Fwd line who has Fwd/Ruc dual position status, most likely English or Cameron, so remove Gawn and then you move the existing player on the fwd line into the Ruc, in the same trade he’s then probably moving someone from Mid to Fwd who has that DPP and can then slot Laird into the Mids. If you do the trade on the App after you’ve selected the player to trade out you will see little green/red arrows show up next to players on other lines that have the relevant DPP status to be able to move into the position you just traded someone out of.

4. Bill

June 17, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Hoping for a big score from Sinclair vc.

5. Bob

June 18, 2022 at 2:32 am

Best scoring ruck apart from English or Cameron? Want to swing one forward.

• pendles4brownlow

June 18, 2022 at 6:56 am

Preuss, but who knows when he will be injured or suspended again.

• JungleMuffin

June 18, 2022 at 8:24 pm

This week.

• pendles4brownlow

June 18, 2022 at 9:35 pm

My ESP is better than I thought. If only it worked for my trades. I may not have had Preuss, but I had Teakle

• Bill

June 18, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Yeah… now I probably have to get rid of Preuss, again…

At least Macrae was my best captain of the year.

• pendles4brownlow

June 20, 2022 at 12:18 am

I should have said “and/or suspended again”. Even I didn’t believe he would do the double.

6. Margerieners

June 18, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Butters on my never again list.

• Margerieners

June 18, 2022 at 2:47 pm

I’m gonna add Teakle to that list as well lmao.

• Bill

June 18, 2022 at 3:15 pm

Will Port now give Hayes a game, or go back to not playing any ruck at all?

• Jay1

June 18, 2022 at 3:20 pm

Arguably the worst pic of the year. Kudos to those that cashed him out after his 137, but I guess no one did that.

2 tons for the year from 13 games. Fail
      1 score of 34!
      5 scores under 65. How very un-premo like.

Once, maybe twice is it acceptable to argue an injury/sickness affected score in justifying a selection, but it’s happened to Butters too often to use as an excuse now. It is part of how he plays.

I’m glad i cashed out his bye, despite his so-called hold your “premo” tag. Nearly broke even with his starting price (+$4000).

First player this year to join my never again list.

7. Jay1

June 18, 2022 at 3:24 pm

Anyone hold the Heen-dawg till now?

• JungleMuffin

June 18, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Yeah

8. Andy

June 18, 2022 at 5:42 pm

SDK currently on 11, wow. Benched Teakle to play him with the loop instead – how dare I think he may get more than 27. This round sucks

9. Russell Pindick

June 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Thanks to VC Guthrie, C now goes on Party Boy DeGoey

• JungleMuffin

June 18, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Madness

• Russell Pindick

June 18, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Happy with 126 for Cap this week. Yeah 252 looks fine considering the way the rest of my crappy team is going this round

• Jay1

June 18, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Do I take English’s 112 as VC, given the carnage this round? Laird to come.

10. Andy

June 18, 2022 at 9:37 pm

3/4 time.. Macrae as VC looking good but this round is whack

11. Jay1

June 18, 2022 at 11:02 pm

No idea what par is, but I’m tracking for 1720, with Lairdx2 + Soligo to come, and after dropping off 68 points in two crap scores.

• Tim B

June 19, 2022 at 8:05 am

I think that’ll be a pretty good score. With Owens, Marchbank, Gawn, there’ll be quite a few with <18 or carrying Teakle's 27 or Durdin's 33 (or both) and quite a few more with SDK and Judson's ~40.

I'm sitting on 1360 with Laird, Dawson, Soligo, O'Brien, and Miller to come and hopefully dropping 112 (Peatling, Teakle, SDK, and Judson). Should land around 1700-1760 I reckon. I'm up ~400 places with many more players to come than most, so I'm hoping for 1000 places by the end of the round.

• Jay1

June 19, 2022 at 8:41 am

That could end up being a monster score if Miller & Laird go gangbusters. Good luck Tim.

• BrodieA

June 19, 2022 at 2:50 pm

I’ll be lucky to get into the 1600s even with Laird (C), Miller, Dawson, Witts and Soligo to play today. Clark coming on as sub was my 18th green dot. 1720 would be moving you up in rankings I dare say

• BestowedMisery

June 19, 2022 at 4:19 pm

FMDT, Rowell took a Mark!
        I’m still in shock..

• John1

June 19, 2022 at 4:37 pm

haha yeah saw that mark and went straight to check, its his first mark since round 7

• Leon

June 19, 2022 at 5:06 pm

OMFG! Are South Australian teams exempt from Concussion protocols… Butters and Jonas smash heads like a car crash, Parnell today gets flushed by knee to head..all free to play on. Stewart gets love tap on the chin and gone for 2 matches! A bloody JOKE!!

• Phteven

June 19, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Yes, Leon, there is an AFL conspiracy that allows South Australian footballers to avoid concussion protocols. Possibly also allows them to play while Covid affected!

12. FreemTheDream

June 19, 2022 at 6:09 pm

Man, I love this game, and I really enjoy watching the traders and listening each week. Unfortunately today I have now seen what people are talking about when they say Warnie is an absolute cry baby. Each of the traders cop a bit of banter on their twitters, with Roy and Calvin always laughing it off and having the ability to laugh at themselves. This is a trait that Warne Dawgs simply does not have, and he does not fit the team, as for the most part, they are fun loving dudes.
    I saw someone commenting on Warne’s tweet having a bit of a laugh at Touk Millers first half. WARNIE then promptly has a go at the bloke, asking what prompted a fully grown man to tweet such a thing…
    Yet this is the fully grown man, playing a game of AFL fantasy…
    I’m sorry boys, I absolutely love your work, typically all 3 I have had no issues with, but Warnie is clearly the odd man out here. He is simply a grump that is unable to laugh at himself. I’ll continue to play the game, but I’m going to have to go elsewhere for my fantasy fix. I hope one day to return, as content wise, you guys are no1, but unfortunately the man child Warnie will need to be replaced for that.
    I’ve heard alot of issues with him in the past, I just wonder if and when they will look at getting another host to replace Warnie. It’s literally every episode, he is just a moody little boy.
    Take care lads, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

• FreemTheDream

June 19, 2022 at 6:10 pm

He also blocked me on twitter, for simply posting ‘poor form from you Warne Dawgs, all the other traders are able to have a laugh at themselves’ in response to him having a go at the bloke having a laugh about Touk.

• Warnie

June 19, 2022 at 8:33 pm

Wowee… 😂

I think we’ve just all seen who can’t take some banter… I literally made a t-shirt with my head on it saying ‘smug’ because that’s the banter that I cop from my mates. For the record, if you thought that me replying to someone on a shockingly poor troll tweet with an equally bad bit of bants back at him wasn’t having a laugh, you’re the one with a problem. I blocked original dude because he only interacts with negative shit to me (I’m not his mate, I don’t need his banter)… and then, hello, you come along backing him up out of the blue.

Poor form? Maybe, but I don’t need to have people who don’t even follow me flooding my feed.

• FreemTheDream

June 20, 2022 at 12:40 am

Warne, this is a part of your job mate, to shoot someone down on a post about Touk, for possibly ‘trolling’. when if its like you said, why was he not blocked a while ago, if he only interacts with the negatives, yet I was for simply calling out what I saw, which I still feel was right in that moment. The trolling that ensued to the community afterwards was just actually enjoyable, it made me laugh for a good hour or so. The DT community is clearly strong, and I know that, but I just feel there’s no need to be so reactive and just block me for that, though if thats only just today become what is best for your mental health, then so be it, mental health all the way, but I just called what I saw, to the point I actually logged into an account I made back in 2017 apparently, just to say. Just not worth losing an avid lover of the pod and DT talk for 5 plus years over that man, I generally think you guys are great, though I have a few friends who got off it because a similar interaction with you on twitter and they actually followed you and had a following, unlike myself. If any one else was reacted like that in a job, they would get called out on it and get called up to the office. When I called poor form it was. Best of luck fellas, I honestly didn’t think today would be the day I stopped watching, and I know you will hit me with the old ‘don’t let the door hit you on the way out’, but that was poor form, and I’m not going to put another 5 plus years in and multiple Adelaide shows in, if I can’t call out poor form.

• Warnie

June 20, 2022 at 6:15 am

Your night on Twitter has undone any of your calling out poor form.

• Alkimosabi

June 22, 2022 at 4:37 pm

You should ask to talk to the manager….