Podcast

Round 6 teams, captain picks, trade tips – Ep. 507

PODCAST: The round six teams show is here to watch or listen to.

Catch The Traders every Thursday evening from 6:15pm AEST as they talk the teams for the upcoming round. Head to facebook.com/AFLFantasyOfficial to join the show. Ask your questions in the comments or via Twitter as Roy, Calvin and Warnie help you get set for lockout.

Click here to download.

Find the podcast

1. jjbkeeper

April 21, 2022 at 7:16 pm

Who should we trade out first between Crouch and Rowell. Looking to keep one an extra week, and roll out a cow that is due to go out to pasture.

• jjbkeeper

April 21, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Crouch and Rowell?* Damn my grammar.

• A

April 21, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Rowell

• JungleMuffin

April 22, 2022 at 1:00 am

You’re joking A.

• Mason

April 22, 2022 at 2:02 am

Even more importantly who do we pick out of Bergman and McComb

• jjbkeeper

April 22, 2022 at 7:54 am

I’ve gambled on McComb purely because he is a mature age @ 26

2. GoodThanks

April 21, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Could witherden be a top 6 def? Or is he luring people into a trap? Tossing up between him or degoey to bring in this week.

• true beavers

April 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm

He has been on the edge of selection for me, seems consistent and I liked him at the Lions

• soup

April 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

I think he definitely can be, he seems to be taking a lot of points off hurn from previous years and I dont see his role change at all. Ball should keep going back there a lot too. IMO should average mid 90s or higher end of year

3. A

April 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Might need to get S.Hayes next week now.. assuming that he’d still be relatively cheap and have plenty to make?

• Bill

April 21, 2022 at 8:55 pm

I’ve traded out Nank for S. Hayes.
      I’m now playing Preuss and J. Hayes as rucks on the field, (for the moment).

S. Hayes is the ruck reserve, and I also still have Dixon as a reserve forward (Injured??).

Trading out Nanks allowed me to cut ties with Chapman for Hewitt, with lots of cash left for next week

4. Mike

April 21, 2022 at 10:40 pm

McComb or Hobbs?

• jjbkeeper

April 22, 2022 at 9:38 am

I’ve gone McComb. I think he will have a higher ceiling given his mature age meaning he should have a mature body to handle the pressures of playing week in week out. Though there is a risk he will get dropped given he plays for Bulldogs

5. Tom

April 21, 2022 at 10:59 pm

howdy gang – wanting to get some advice on trades. Currently doing the double downgrade and giving Ward and McCartin out. I’ve currently got Hobbs in for one trade but can’t decide between Reef McInnes, Finn Callaghan, or Robbie McComb for the other.

Callaghan has played one game and is confirmed to play which is enticing but i’m not 100% sure on his JS. McComb hasn’t played yet and I don’t wanna risk going a 190k rookie and being stuck with them if that fails. McInnes is on extended bench and won’t be named until Saturday which is after the Dogs and Giants game.

If anyone has any advice or insight that would be much appreciated thankya!!

• Bill

April 22, 2022 at 3:07 am

Hobbs seems to be a safe trade. McComb seems like another safe option, depending… because fringe Bulldogs players are never safe from being dropped. But I would go with it.

6. jjbkeeper

April 22, 2022 at 9:39 am

General query –
    Has a player ever lost DDP status during a season?

• Pendles4Brownlow

April 22, 2022 at 9:57 am

No. Can’t happen, as people will have them across the two positions and it would make some teams breach the rules. They only lose positions prior to the next season.

7. NP

April 22, 2022 at 9:41 am

Rowell to crisp or double downgrade this week and go mead to Mccomb

worth it if mccomb keeps his spot in the team but i’ve been burned in the past chasing cash only to have my red dot come back into the side the next week.

• jjbkeeper

April 22, 2022 at 9:55 am

Mead won’t lose you any cash this week at least, so could wait an extra week before getting rid of him. Crisps breakeven is 82, so could give you a few $$ if you need to trade him later in the season. Only concern is his poor scores in R1 and R3, and igiven the players who have been brought in this week he may spend a bit more time out of the middle.

8. Dave

April 22, 2022 at 9:52 am

D: Rich, Whitfield, Young, Hewett, Sic, NOD (McCartin, SDK)
    M: Neale, Macca, Steele, Green, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Rachele (Mead, MacDonald)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Preuss)
    F: Cogs, Dunks, Butters, Brodie, Xerri, Martin (Durdin, Windhager)
    U: Dixon
    C: 110k

Young will be back next week, but not super comfortable fielding either of my def bench options. I was thinking Rowell and Rachele out earlier in the week. This has changed to
    Out: Rowell and Young
    In: Hobbs and Smith (or any other mid) via Daicos DPP

Have I missed something or is the a suitable option?

9. Wathen FC

April 22, 2022 at 2:02 pm

Now that English’s injury status has been announced to miss 2-3 games, do I hold or do I trade?

I got Rachele / Durdin / JHayes as cover at the moment in the forward line.

• Pure Grunt

April 22, 2022 at 4:31 pm

I folded English via DPP to Bailey Smith
      2 or 3 plus the Stef Martin & Bevo factor

10. Kingswood Lions

April 22, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Def: Crisp, Whitfield, Sicily, Hewett, Daicos, NOD, (McCartin, Skinner)
    Mid: Steele, Macrae, Neale, Green, Crouch, JFH, Ward, (Windhager, Mead)
    Ruck: Grundy, Preuss (Jack Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunks, Cogs, Treloar, Butters, Rachele, Brodie (Durdin, SDK)
    Utl: Hugh Dixon

$300k in the bank

Thinking of
    1. Answertjh to M Bergman and Mead to Cripps leaving $34
    2. Ward to Hobbs and Answerth to Lloyd leaving $50k
    3. Ward to Hobbs and M Crouch to B Smith leaving $166k
    4. Something else?

I’d appreciate any feedback

Cheers

• Kingswood Lions

April 22, 2022 at 4:15 pm

oops. … that should have been…

Def: Crisp, Whitfield, Sicily, Hewett, Answerth, NOD, (McCartin, Skinner)
      Mid: Steele, Macrae, Neale, Green, Crouch, JFH, Ward, Daicos (Windhager, Mead)
      Ruck: Grundy, Preuss (Jack Hayes)
      Fwd: Dunks, Cogs, Treloar, Butters, Rachele, Brodie (Durdin, SDK)
      Utl: Hugh Dixon

$300k in the bank

11. Pure Grunt

April 22, 2022 at 4:26 pm

FYI if relevant
    Hugh Dixon, who has a small calf strain which will keep him out for one to two games

12. Kingswood Lions

April 22, 2022 at 4:57 pm

cheers .. was going to deal with him next week

• Pure Grunt