My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 4

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK143330.71677.741.3
SYD16113.30.712860.30.3
WB17205114330.70.3
WCE1653.33.71.315362.70.3

gary

April 6, 2021 at 5:06 pm

I have Grundy as R1, can’t afford Gawn just yet. Who is the choice out of ROB and Marshall (source says he is back this week) for R2

Aluniesheis

April 6, 2021 at 6:12 pm

If you are merely looking for a stepping stone for 3 weeks than strangely enough Hickey is your guy.

The Cricket

April 6, 2021 at 5:30 pm

Anyone have an idea of Deven Robertson’s JS?

Aluniesheis

April 6, 2021 at 5:51 pm

2 weeks ago he way behind Sharp and obviously Berry, so you would think he might make way for Berry this week.

The Cricket

April 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Cheers 👍

The Cricket

April 6, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Just saw the mention of Berry coming back soon, so that’s that question answered …

Stimpy

April 6, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Please help: Have Witts and Young with 11k

theses are my choices 1) Flynn R2 Downgrade Witts to Rookie Upgrade Young to Ridley

2) Witts to Hickey Young to Cummings

Aluniesheis

April 6, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Tough- you have Witts R1 and Flynn R2. I don’t think you can go a rookie with Witts. Always easier to upgrade a defender later. Do you have a rookie at D7 who plays early in the round and therefore could loop. Then sell a spud somewhere else to get Grundy. Otherwise option 2 is best with a view to getting Grundy after the West Coast game in a few weeks and before he plays Gold Coast.

The Cricket

April 6, 2021 at 5:59 pm

What’s the likelihood of Brockman being dropped? Seems dicey to offload a ‘playing’ rookie when there are non-playing ones sitting on the pine not making any points or cash. But Brockman’s no longer a great cash cow, and I could use the extra $20k or so I’d get for him.
    Shame the Hawks are not playing til Sunday so I’m flying blind …

Aluniesheis

April 6, 2021 at 6:11 pm

He is a definite chance to be dropped and either way he needs to go as he will never be on your ground and he will rarely score enough for cash. Sell if you have the luxury. Same is true for Kozzie.

The Cricket

April 7, 2021 at 1:11 pm

Cheers, my thinking too

Stimpy

April 6, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Aluniesheis my side

DEF Laird, Duggan, Clark,Young,Cox Koschitzke ( Gould,Highmore)

MIDS Merrett, Gaff, Walsh, Tarranto, Sloane,Dusty,Jordon,Gulden(Powell,Brockman)

RUCKS Gawn,Witts (Flynn)

FWDS Dunkley,Phillips,Stephenson,Campbell,Rowe,Waterman(Bergman,Jones)

UTL Meek

Aluniesheis

April 6, 2021 at 6:09 pm

In that case with Gawn R1, you could play Flynn on ground and switch Meek and Witts around so Witts is UTI. Now you can punt Witts to a rookie like Burgess (as cover for Gould, Highmore) and upgrade Young to a premium. Also, it allows you to move Burgess to DEF in case Kozzie is dropped. The other option is to chase cash with a Def who has a low break even and try and increase cash generation with both trades. I think your options are either Burgess or Chapman or both if you go double downgrade or one of those guys with a premium like Ridley or Mills.

Stimpy

April 6, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Cheers mate for your advice think..at this stage I need to strengthen my def…and think that’s the go in getting Ridley or Mills

Scott

April 6, 2021 at 6:23 pm

So many to offload, so few weekly trades!!
    My team currently:

DEF: Laird, Daniel. Sholl, Fantasia, Clark, Markov (Kosi, Highmore)
    MIDS: Macrae, Gaff, Dusty, Taranto, Coniglio, Gulden, Jordan, Powell (Sharp, Scott)
    RUCKS: Gawn, Witts (Flynn)
    FWDS: Caldwell, Phillips, Stephenson, Campbell, Rowe, Robertson (Fullarton, Brockman)
    UTL: Young

Should I move Witts to Utl for this week and get Grundy next week? Thinking Caldwell to Warner and Cogs to someone similar pricing. Not happy with number of non-playing or scoring Rookies. Robertson may be dropped for J Berry too.

Jay

2. Grundy is a must

Jame

April 6, 2021 at 6:39 pm

is
    young > o’connor
    witts > grundy
    a good set of trades. im so sick of forced trades lol i have to find a way to get rid dow but i swear if someone gets injured theyre on my field.

Fishxma

April 6, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Team Fishxma

Laird Short Caleb Hardwick Markov Fanta (highmore kossie)
    Macrae Merrett Taranto Brayshaw Clarke Gulden Jordan Powell ( sharp Scott)
    Gawn Flynn (meek hunter)
    Dunkley Phillips Hind Stephenson Campbell Warner ( Bergman Rowe)
    With 20k left

NNew to this caper and not sure what to do next ? Rookies/Clarke/or work towards getting grundy(via hickey as stepping stone) Doing ok ranked 1600 but not sure where to go from here
    Any advice would be great !!

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

April 6, 2021 at 7:19 pm

Who to Trade Out? Heppell or DeGoey?

Straight shooter

April 6, 2021 at 8:34 pm

Heppell has to go first injuries are always a worrie with Heppell

Will

April 7, 2021 at 9:15 am

Heppell will probably be back this week, so if you’ve held this long, keep holding

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

April 10, 2021 at 5:43 am

I traded Heppell out for Sloane..didn’t work out so well haha.

Joel

April 6, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Witts/Young to Grundy/Burgess(2 defender rooks on field) + 117k
    or
    Witts/Young to Ridley/Treacy (play flynn at R2) + 307k to dump on clarke next week

Josh

April 6, 2021 at 8:42 pm

What do we think about scrimshaw as a replacement for young?

519k and coming off 95 last week.

Fishxma

April 6, 2021 at 9:35 pm

AvatarFishxma April 6, 2021 at 6:49 pm
    Team Fishxma
    Laird Short Caleb Hardwick Markov Fanta (highmore kossie)
    Macrae Merrett Taranto Brayshaw Clarke Gulden Jordan Powell ( sharp Scott)
    Gawn Flynn (meek hunter)
    Dunkley Phillips Hind Stephenson Campbell Warner ( Bergman Rowe)
    With 20k left
    Any advice would be great !!

Please help

JMD012

April 6, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Hey everyone! Was wondering if you guys can form some suggestions.
    So with the fact my trades that I did last round and my original trade thoughts cost me 130 points and a place in the top 700 people was wondering if you guys could help me.
    So I have the Young and Witts forced trades, already made up my mind I will be going to Grundy, but was wondering who I would get for the other trade in, it is out of Waterman, Downie, Fullerton, Shipley or Parks. Unfortunately miss out with cash ok Burgess and Robertson.
    The other problem I have is that, this will make me have 7 rookies on field, hopefully that is not too much. Cheers Legends 😊

Brodz91

April 7, 2021 at 10:14 am

I don’t normally ask for help but I’m doing ok this year so looking for some good advice
    I have traded Perryman (INJ) down to Warner as he was the only rooky i didn’t have that I needed to get.
    i now have 474k in the bank. who do I trade out Clark (DEF), Drew (MID), Stephenson (FWD)? and who would you bring in?
    or do i look at double down and gain some more cash by trading out a bench warmer who hasn’t played?
    PS rolling lockouts suck
    Thanks Legends!!

Hayden

April 7, 2021 at 10:57 am

Trade Clark out to ridley if you dont already have.

Brodz91

April 7, 2021 at 11:43 am

I don’t have Ridley. Not Bowes or Mills?

Hayden

April 7, 2021 at 10:54 am

Team: Walsh is Wet
    Def:
    Ridley, Parks, Idun, Clark, Short, Daniel
    Mid:
    Gulden, Jordan, Phillips, Macrae, Merrett, Bontompelli, Walsh, Laird
    Ruck:
    Flynn, Gawn
    For:
    Walker, Warner, Martin, Hind, Stephenson, Rowe
    Bench:
    Brockman, Highmore, Koschitske, Scott, Meek, Fullarton, Bergman, Hunter.

Trades this week:
    Young > Parks
    Campbell > Walker

Thoughts?

Ethan F

April 7, 2021 at 2:26 pm

I’d prefer Stephenson -> Walker than Campbell -> Walker. DEF line is weak, I’d rather upgrade Young to maybe Cumming or Jiath than downgrade him to Parks, especially if Parks is going to be on-field.

Lyndon John Berwick

April 7, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Is Sean Darcy an option at R2, replacing ROB? Trying to upgrade Young to a premo defender but reluctant to have Flynn at R2 to generate the cash?

Ethan F

April 7, 2021 at 2:23 pm

So if Highmore is named, I’ll end up trading Young to an M5. If Highmore isn’t named, I’ll take Young to a D5/D6. Firstly, what are the chances of Highmore being named? Because my ideal M5 would be Drew, who plays before St Kilda teams are out. Any other MIDs under $487k worth considering for an on-field spot? I can also flick an on-field FWD to MID and take Young to a FWD under $478k…maybe Frederick? If Highmore isn’t named, I’ll probably just take Young to Jiath.

TL;DR – Drew + $51k, Frederick + $135k or Jiath + $43k?

20. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

April 7, 2021 at 5:15 pm

havent posted my team so far but thought it might be worth doing so since im in the same position as most with witts and Young both out injured

also currently ranked just outside top 1k
    currently as it stands

DEF: Stewart, Daniel, Short, Markov, Clark, Young ( Kozzie, Highmore)

MID: Merrett, Macrae, Taranto, Wines, Gulden, Jordan, Campbell, Powell, ( Robertson, Scott)

RUCK: Flynn, Witts, (Hunter)

FWD: Dusty, Dunkley, Phillips, Hind, Fantasia, Warner (Bergman, Rowe)

UTL: Harry Jones

245k left in the bank

currently im thinking trade Witts to Hickey – i cant upgrade young and also get witts to grundy…

but if i grab hickey, i can buy anyone for just over 800k, currently thinking grabbing Tex walker and having some spending cash next week. Thoughts?

Brian Smith

April 7, 2021 at 7:14 pm

Can’t ruck Flynn/Hickey. Get Grundy. Suggestions for downgrade to pay for it include Martin>Tex, Young>Chapman/Idun/Parks

James

April 7, 2021 at 5:37 pm

would be very grateful for any recommendations or opinions with trade options
    Hunter (UTL) => Robertson
    Clark => Cumming / Markov / Jiath
    Hunter (UTL) => Robertson
    Young => Cumming /Jiath
    Young => Parks
    Clark => Mills / Ridley
    Young => Markov / Cumming
    Clark => Jiath

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

April 7, 2021 at 6:27 pm

hey bro,

if hunter is your UTL, then he isnt as much of a concern as the others,

i unfortunately have to hold clark , but if you can turn both clark and young into 4 i would take that any day of the week.

i think cumming is the best

i own markov but jiath is seriously worth the punt

ShredderPigs

April 7, 2021 at 7:19 pm

What about Chapman for JS and Ridley/Mills ?

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

April 7, 2021 at 9:00 pm

chapman doesnt really have job security,

freo got pumped and there is every chance someone could come in to take his spot.

ShredderPigs

April 8, 2021 at 7:15 am

With all those defense injuries I thought he would get enough games in a row to make some $. Who is taking his spot?

Brian Smith

April 7, 2021 at 7:10 pm

Chapman or Cox (playing ruck for ESS!) at D6, or Burgess / Parks at D7 & risk Highmore / Kozzie on the field?

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Highmore won’t play (played in B team for St Kilda’s scratch 17v17 match in training) and Koschitzke isn’t good enough for D6. I personally think Burgess as a D6 is a cool and cheap option because he’ll be taking over rucking duties but Chapman is probably safer. Cox offers something unique with DPP, especially if you have Fantasia forward.

Dontblushbaby

April 7, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Who should go first Aliir or J.Clark? Both have similar B/E

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:36 pm

Clark has a much higher ceiling but Richmond are easier to score against than Melbourne. Geelong have North Melbourne next week too so I’d personally give Clark another few weeks unless you have luxury trades available.

ShredderPigs

April 7, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Cox for me 🤙🏽

ShredderPigs

April 7, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Is mills going to be a straight midfielder soon when DPP’s are released?

Double Parked

April 7, 2021 at 9:00 pm

You can’t lose a position during the season. He will keep DEF

ShredderPigs

April 7, 2021 at 9:08 pm

Thanks mate, I wasn’t sure.

CJ

April 7, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Do we hold Tom Green for one more week to see if his scoring improves?

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Yes, unless you have luxury trades. Collingwood are leaking a lot of points this season and Green should theoretically have a high ceiling.

Straight shooter

April 8, 2021 at 4:36 pm

Tom Greene high ceiling 🤣🤣🤣

Taylor

April 7, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Would love to hear what everyone thinks about these trades..

Option 1
    De Goey > Tex Walker
    Young > Cumming
    10k Bank

Option 2
    De Goey > Robertson or any Mid/Fwd up to 313k
    Young > Ridley

Have been sold on Option 2 for most of the week but not 100% on Robertson job security.

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:39 pm

I like 1 more to be honest. Represents less risk because of Robertson’s low JS. And you can ride the BE with Walker and upgrade him to a premium when he fattens anyway, plus he should still get a few more tons especially with matchups like North Melbourne this week.

mt

April 8, 2021 at 1:01 am

DEF: Laird, Daniel, Short, Clark, Young, Idun (Highmore, Kozi)
    MID: Macrae, Merrett, Walsh, Taranto, Gulden, Jordon, Campbell, Powell (Scott, Lazzaro)
    RUC: Gawn, Witts (Flynn, Hunter)
    FWD: Dunkley, Phillips, Hind, Fantasia, Warner, Rowe (Dow, Bergman)

94k. Have the Young/Witts issue. First thought was to trade Witts to Grundy and Young to Burgess and ride Burgess for a couple weeks hoping he can average 60. This leaves 18k. I also thought I could trade Witts to Burgess via Hunter Utility and Young up to Cumming (Leaving 412k and Flynn R2) or Young to Ridley (Leaving 157k). Thoughts? cheers.

Caleb

April 8, 2021 at 1:39 am

Any thoughts on Adam Treloar? Getting better every game and attended 2nd most cba’s in they’re most recent game.

Will

April 8, 2021 at 8:46 am

I started with him (stupidly) and did a bit of research and press conference watching post rd 1. I’d say he’s a few weeks away from being a trade target. He’s still playing forward, and snagged 3 goals to get his ton on the weekend (in a 100+ point win over the worst team in the comp). Until we see his usual stat lines making up his points, I’d stay away.

Harm

April 8, 2021 at 10:13 am

Please pick 1 to bring in

Bowes
    Ridley
    Doc
    Howe
    R Marshall?

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Ridley by a country mile.

TIM BURNS

April 8, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Hi all,

Do we see Doc as a top 6 Defender by the end of the year? Thinking of either going to him for now from Young or saving some coin and going to Cumming/Jiath for a while.

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Definitely go to Cumming/Jiath, they’ll rise in price to a Docherty level whilst putting in consistent scores. I do see Docherty as maybe 5th or 6th best DEF in comp.

Craig

April 8, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Hey, any help would be great please.

DEF. Larid, Mills, Short, Young, Clark, Idun (Highmore, Kosi)
    MID. Macrae, Merrett, Taranto, Serong, Gulden, Jordon Campbell, Powell (Scott Brockman)
    RUC Grundy, Gawn, (Flynn)
    FWD. Phillips, DeGoey, Stephenson, Hind, Warner, Rowe (Jones, Bergman)
    UTL. Meek.

+ 57k

Young a forced trade, Obviously Clark/DeGoey/Serong need a look What to do?

Thanks

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 12:52 pm

You have the same bench options as me. I’m in a similar situation and I want two mid pricers instead of one premium and one rookie, because bench options aren’t great. For Young, I’d be looking at Cumming/Jiath for that price range unless you’re comfortable with another rookie on ground like Chapman or Cox. If you’re fine with Chapman or Cox, you’d probably have enough to take de Goey or Serong to Dunkley. If you’d rather have Cumming/Jiath, I like Serong -> Drew or maybe de Goey -> Walker would give you just enough coin.
      TL;DR – I’d go Young & Serong -> Cumming & Drew or Young & de Goey -> Jiath & Tex…or maybe DPP Serong into the FWD line and trade him for Tex.

Alex

April 8, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Treloar uptick in CBAs concerns me, but I would be going Young-> Chapman, JDG-> Dunks, or the best defender you can get for Jordan Clark.

Gerty

April 8, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Bit lost atm, not sure on what two trades to make this week;

DEF: Stewart, Short, Young, Clark, Cumming, Idun (Highmore, Kosi)
    MID: Merrett, Adams, Laird, Taranto, Edwards, Gulden, Powell, Jordan (Downie, Brockman)
    RUC: Gawn, Witts (Flynn)
    FWD. Dusty, Phillips, Hind, Dow, Warner, Campbell (Rowe, Robertson)
    UTL. Meek.
    +79k

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Ethan F

April 8, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Young & Dow to go. Young for Cumming/Jiath/Chapman/Cox and Dow to a rookie (play Rowe or Robertson on field; Rowe looks good to go against NM but Robertson good too).

Wathen FC

April 8, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Witts is done for the season and Young will be out for about a month, so that’s who you should trade out.

In regards to trading in, I’d suggest Witts to Grundy & Young to Burgess.

Josh

April 8, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Cumming or Jiath and why?

Matt

April 8, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Young and Clark to Cumming and Chapman/Burgess – Leaving 120K to go on De Goey next week. Thoughts?

Josh

April 8, 2021 at 3:49 pm

Gday, I have witts and young. Move Flynn on and downgrade witts to Robertson. Then can get any defender for young. Thoughts on lukosios? Or spend 50-60 extra and grab docherty?

Matt

April 8, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Do you already have Lloyd, Laird and Ridley. They’re currently the top 3 defenders in my mind at least.

Josh

April 8, 2021 at 3:57 pm

I have laird.. think doc a solid d6. I wanna save some $$ to upgrade Clark next week

Wathen FC

April 8, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Ugh, my ranking after the first three rounds is atrocious [26.8k overall rank]. Hopefully I can pick myself up this week with this team.

TRADES:
    OUT – Jordan Clark, Hayden Young
    IN – Changkuoath Jiath, Deven Robertson

Remaining Salary: $218k

TEAM:
    DEF Lloyd (VC), Laird, Docherty, Howe, Markov, Jiath [Highmore, Koschitzke]
    MID Merrett, Oliver, Sloane, Serong, Gulden, Jordon, T.Powell, Robertson [Berry, McNeil]
    RUC Gawn, Flynn [Meek]
    FWD D.Martin, T.Phillips, Stephenson, Campbell, Warner, Rowe [A.Scott, H.Jones]
    UTL [Brockman]

Should I be looking at a top 1000 par score this week?

Cam

April 9, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Don’t get Jiath, get a premium if you can afford or don’t trust Robertson on your ground he could be dropped

bigdikdonnie