My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 2

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against

CLUBPTS
STK144120143220
SYD155621120600
WB183882135600
WCE169142162941

Bill

March 22, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Can Dusty be trusted to put on scores like that most weeks? He was fairly ordinary early last year when I had him in my team. Better to save cash and take Caldwell instead?

M8

March 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Which option?
    1.) Markov and Macrae (plus $168k)
    or
    2.) Zac Williams and any mid under $824k.

M8

March 22, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Keep in mind I also have Tom Green who I am looking to trade next week

R2

March 22, 2021 at 1:19 pm

I went option 1. No brainer. The Williams ship has sailed IMO.

Mighty Puds

March 22, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Planning on keeping faith with Gawn and other premiums who misfired and fix up rookies I missed and 50/50 calls I went back on (taking out Mills for example). Also means holding Clark, does he hold or get dropped given Danger’s likely suspension and the Menegola injury?

motor

March 22, 2021 at 1:48 pm

I just keep shaking my head in amazement at all these proposed trades. They are wonderful but all assume you are not going to have any team selection problemand all your rookies that played last week will be playing, and your midpricers as well and there are no lingering injuries from R1 or players who were not available R1 and possible suspensions (there was a nasty sling tackle that will be scrutinized and all this spread over a rolling lockout. I think you are all dreaming. The Sunday fixtures are all challenging. Just my view.

Jerome

March 22, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Well if you have rowell and Dangerfield you’re clearly trading them out especially if danger is missing two weeks

motor

March 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Why would I trade danger? He is not injured just suspended.

Intelsonic

March 22, 2021 at 7:04 pm

Waaaaaay to much to have sitting on your bench for 2-3 weeks particularly this early in the season.

Imo unless a huge amount of rookies get dumped or there is injury carnage during the week on top of rowell he is a must trade

motor

March 22, 2021 at 8:10 pm

If I hold his ownership will fall significantly and trades are going to extremely valuable this year. I just think if the player is not a long term injury or losing money he is a hold. Especially if he is in the best 22. If you go into the bye rounds with only 25 playing players in your side you are catching a council bus or walking not driving a hilux.

motor

March 22, 2021 at 8:19 pm

There are 22 rounds not 17 this year and 15 odd less trades and byes to deal with and all rolled into a rolling lockout sushi roll.Rowell is a forced trade. Danger is a tactical hold. If you ever played RDT you would understand the value of trades.

Jack Walton

March 23, 2021 at 8:18 am

We get 2 trades a week. You can’t bank them up in AF.

This isn’t your RDT wonderland here mate.

Belly

March 24, 2021 at 12:44 am

Facepalm, you’ve completely missed the point of the game, it’s to finish with the most points. You don’t hold a premo player on your bench for 3 weeks, 1 week maybe.
                If your not in the top few thousand(probably higher) after the first 5 rounds you are no hope of winning.

Ethan F

March 22, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Markov & Macrae or Stephenson & Dunkley??? Still not sure whether I want to put a load of money into a Dogs premium given that Treloar didn’t perform.

Anthony

March 22, 2021 at 3:31 pm

What to do with Treoar? Only other issues i’ve got are Clark and potentially fantasia

Straight shooter

March 22, 2021 at 5:06 pm

Fantasia isn’t an issue mate he made 22k an 81pts nothing wrong with that

Albo

March 22, 2021 at 5:50 pm

+1 with Straight shooter.

Anthony

March 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm

The guy needed 4.4 to get there. you can not honestly tell me that’s sustainable

Mighty Puds

March 23, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Does it really matter though? Yeah he needed goals to score (he’s a small forward so that’s a given when picking him). It’s not sustainable but he’s also less than 400k as a fwd/def, can’t really be any issues already.

Straight shooter

March 27, 2021 at 12:49 am

That’s exactly right fantasia is going up in price good money maker while scoring decent for his price degoey on the other hand needed 4 goals to score 90pts will not make money

Aby Benny

March 22, 2021 at 5:12 pm

Should I downgrade Rowell to Sholl or Heppell?

Odie O'Donnell

March 22, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Sitting at 4000 exactly atm with 1924 this week. Took a punt and had Hunter in R2 instead of Flynn, did the same with a few rookie positions on field where i went against the grain and left the better choices to hit their big scores on the bench, silly mistakes but hoping those fixes within my team buy me a few more points in weeks to come.

I have a bit of cash handy so looking at Rowell to Dusty or Laird, thoughts?

Harry

March 24, 2021 at 2:37 pm

laird for sure looks like he could be pushing for D1 this year

Snags

March 22, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Sholl or markov?

The Chosen Won™®©

March 22, 2021 at 7:43 pm

Anyone know how Selby went?

Good Luck

Rusty

March 25, 2021 at 12:18 pm

1583. Ranked 54k
      Unusual team. Not the best start but he’s a gun so look forward to seeing him fly up the rankings.

Mitch W

March 22, 2021 at 8:30 pm

I have both danger and Rowell.

Which option:
    1) Danger to Stevo & Rowel up to Titch/mid premo.
    This would leave me with no premo fwd.
    or
    2) Danger to Dunks & Rowell to Heppell/Sloane.

Thoughts appreciated.

Lachie W

March 22, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Caldwell or Stephenson or Hind

CMAC

March 23, 2021 at 6:39 pm

yea, same boat ^
        i like caldwell and steph

Jimmy

March 23, 2021 at 2:54 am

Danger to who??

Hind + $70k

Rowe + $275k

Jimmy

March 23, 2021 at 2:55 am

Only got 1 rookie in the forward line if that helps

Rhodesy

March 23, 2021 at 9:30 am

Gday lads, chasing some advice/ assurance. I have both Danger and Rowell and they’re going on a trip. I am bringing Stephenson into the fwd line to replace Danger. With Rowell, I am thinking of going down to Caldwell and then chucking him Fwd. Will weaken my mids for the next week or two, but bank me close to 400k. Solid or??

Phteven

March 23, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Am doing the same, pending selections of rookies.

Sohail

March 23, 2021 at 10:49 am

Hi Guys,

I have 702k… and 1 rookie on field in my defence.

ZWilliams vs CDaniel vs Docherty

or do I go value with Sholl?

Thanks guys

DBoms

March 23, 2021 at 11:09 am

I can bring in any mid, and current M1 is Bont.

Realistically it is out of Macrae and Titch. Is there any merit to going Titch over Macrae?

– No uncertainty on Titch’s role week to week (surely Treloar picks up some CBA’s in the not too distant future, that has to effect Macrae??)
    – 106 first week in off no pre season, bodes well for the season
    – 50k cheaper
    – I also already have Dunkley, Bont and Daniel. Surely they can’t keep all scoring big like last week?

Len

March 23, 2021 at 11:23 am

Titch has more upside and is underpriced IMO

James

March 23, 2021 at 11:22 am

Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Clark, Young and Idun with Highmore and Koz.
    Merrett, Taranto, Serong, Rowell, Green, Powell, Gulden, Jordon with Brockman and McNeil.
    Gawn, Grundy with Flynn and Meek.
    Martin, Phillips, Caldwell, Dow, Campbell, Rowe with Jones and Scott

Thinking of going Rowell to Stephenson.
    Do you think trade a ruck or maybe Lloyd or just shuffle a rookie. Was thinking Green to Drew?

Michael Thomas

March 23, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Which 2 go first:
    – tom Atkins (51), played down back and had 19 touches looked promising, and gave away 5 free kicks
    – will brodie (50) 9/24 CBA, looked a bit lost, low tog and didn’t tackle or mark, however no matt rowell might increase tog and CBA’s.
    – Jordan Clark (54), took 4 kick-in’s, looked okay, only 1 mark but with danger and menegola out for a while if duncan comes back in you would assume that he would go inside and hence clark would stay on the wing
    – Tom Green (49), 10/27 CBA, looked great in the first half and shocking in the second half, but there was hard conditions for fantasy and the GWS lost, against freo in the sun this week could bounce back.

DBoms

March 23, 2021 at 3:15 pm

I’m leaning towards T Green, personally. Reasoning:

Atkins.
      – Looked good, and he wont give 5 free kicks away every week, meaning he should be okay to average at least 65, which is good enough to be a stepping stone given his current price.
      – Playing the very fantasy friendly half back role, I think his scores will actually increase and could average 75-80

Brodie.
      – Probably my 2nd choice to be traded out.
      – Looked a little slow and lost, as you say.
      – HOWEVER, he is a very one dimensional player, loves it contested, with tackles and stoppages (I think he had the most centre clearances for GC). But look at the stats for the game, it was VERY uncontested. Only 2 players had more than 3 tackles (and one was Witts!). Lots of uncontested marks and chipping the ball around. This game style is not suited to Will Brodie and I see this as a big reason to why he struggled. In saying that, across the board games are becoming more uncontested with the new rule, so it may be the norm, however this game was extreme, I think he will improve.
      – I would have expected him to be dropped this week, but with Rowell out, he should be safe and even potentially increase TOG and CBA’s.

Clark
      – Didn’t actually play a terrible game. He just lacked his marks (and a few extra possessions) as a result of Adelaide’s high pressure game, which resulted in a scrappy affair.
      – No Menegola and Danger means his role is safe, and I would expect him to improve over the next few.

Green
      – As you say, hard conditions for fantasy, however, not for Tom Green.
      – This kid is a beast, and thrives on contested footy. Loves it in tight, tackling and winning contested footy (is pretty much P Cripps 2.0). So, with that in mind, the weather should have actually suited him. Should have had plenty of opportunity to win contested ball and tackle for days, but neither were forthcoming.
      – This leaves me nervous as to what he will produce in dry weather, fast paced games.

Just my opinions, and some food for thought.

Michael Thomas

March 23, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Thanks mate, very much appreciated, some very good points you have raised, and have to do some considering but looks like green might go thanks

18. Fooz

Fooz

March 23, 2021 at 1:07 pm

It feels Italy early to be playing the BE game… and with two sideways trades. Don’t have Danger or Rowell to worry about, so
    Zac Bailey > Stephenson
    Tom Green > Sholl
    Makes a little cash too.

Still watching Clarke, Gawn, and changes in rookies

Joe

March 23, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Stephenson or Hind in for Rowell?

Matt

March 23, 2021 at 5:15 pm

Who should I trade out? (First trade is Danger out)

Dom Tyson 58, 57BE – Got midfield minutes but didn’t look great. First game in two years and it looked like it, was a bit slow and turned it over a few times. Concerning as they have Dumont, Anderson, Cunnington to return soon.

Ned Cahill 34, 22BE – Thought his job security was decent and would be given a more Fantasy friendly role but just doesn’t look like he’s ready to have an impact at this level. Obviously if he gets dropped makes the decision easy.

Jimmy Webster 48, 41BE – 10 points in 2 and a half quarters doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence. Definitely not the worst result but this pick could be a dead end already.

Bill

March 23, 2021 at 5:37 pm

The AFL site doesn’t seem to think many players at all will be dropped for the second round.
    We’ll see if they’re right.

Mighty Puds

March 23, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Well as the article points out, clubs do tend to give debutants more than one game at the level (e.g. guys like Bruhn, Bergman) and realistically maybe only Bergman is a popular rookie who might get dropped given a few injured guys don’t seem ready yet.

Bill

March 23, 2021 at 6:19 pm

All good for me if Clark escapes the axe.

wayne

March 23, 2021 at 7:20 pm

thoughts on rowell to brad hill

Bill

March 23, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Hill was an early consideration for me, but I decided against him. He doesn’t seem to be fantasy relevant now. He doesn’t score well enough these days.

23. rossco1

rossco1

March 23, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Thoughts:
    Def: Laird, Crisp, Houston, Clark, Fantasia, Young (Kos, Highmore)
    Mid: Merrett, Macrae, Walsh, Redden, Drew, Gulden, Powell, Berry (Bruhn, Scott)
    Ruck: Gawn, Flynn (Meek)
    Fwd. Danger, Phillips, Butters, Caldwell, Campbell, Warner (Brockman, Jones)
    Util: Bergman

1987 round 1, 123k in bank

So, I avoided the Rowell issue but Danger will have to go. Considering going Danger to Mitchell as it looks like Titch is as cheap as he’s going to get. A reiable 110+ every week from Titch would be nice.

Not getting Stephenson. Anderson, Dumont and Cunners all coming back in the next couple weeks will surely affect Stephs scores. I’m thinking Sholl in as well.

Mighty Puds

March 23, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Personally have Stephenson and Sholl (started both). Agree with the returning mids taking some of Stephenson’s mid time but he was clearly their best player on the weekend and surely they don’t watch him do what he did in the midfield and then park him forward after that. Obviously won’t do 128 every week but 80+ isn’t unreasonable at his price, plus was like second for the week for handball receives so they want him getting the ball. Just my thoughts (as an owner haha).

mt

March 23, 2021 at 9:30 pm

I’m also a little concerned about the mid time of stephenson once the other three return. However he did only attend 10/30 centre bounces. Only 6 players had more handball receives round 1 than stephenson so it looks like they do want the ball in his hands.

Daniel

March 24, 2021 at 7:37 am

Wow Puds surely you got 2000 with starting Sholl & Stephenson? If you also avoided Danger and Rowell well, my god

Mighty Puds

March 24, 2021 at 10:04 am

Haha nearly (1988), Sholl came in literally 10 minutes before the Crows v Cats game, had been big on Stephenson all preseason. An yeah didn’t start either Danger (Dunkley instead) or Rowell (thought he’d be a slow starter) which is probably why I did well to be honest.

M8

March 23, 2021 at 8:33 pm

Sholl or Zac Williams?

mt

March 23, 2021 at 9:24 pm

I’d go Zac because he’s expected to be a top 6-8 defenders by the end of season.

The Ape

March 23, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Classic League Code: 7EEVTSUD

Anyone welcome, though intermediate players preferred :-)

mt

March 23, 2021 at 9:08 pm

DEF: Laird, Short, Daniel. Clark, Young, Idun (Highmore, Koschitzke)
    MID: Merrett, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Green, Campbell, Powell, Gulden (Jordon, Scott)
    RUC: Gawn, Witts (Flynn, Hunter)
    FWD: Danger, Phillips, Caldwell, Fantasia, Dow, Rowe (Warner, Bergman)

100k in the bank. Initial trade ideas are Danger > Dunkley/Dusty and Rowell > Serong. I also thought about playing Stephenson’s BE of about 25 and doing Danger > Stephenson and Rowell > Macrae. Thoughts?

rossco1

March 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Option 2 for sure

lewie14

March 23, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Thoughts on Idun & Green, given last weeks conditions do i give them one more chance ?

Justin Stitchup

March 24, 2021 at 6:21 am

I am giving both one more chance as Danger & Rowell need to go. They will be swimming with the fishes if they don’t fire this week tho

Daniel

March 24, 2021 at 7:31 am

Mate you aren’t voluntarily giving them another chance, you have no choice about this decision. If you have luxury trades then yes get rid of one of idun or green.

James

March 24, 2021 at 1:16 am

1. Markov and Rowe or
    2. Stephenson and highmore?

The Birdman

March 24, 2021 at 7:34 am

Not sure if I should spend the cash or chase value at this stage.. Is there a better choice than Martin right now?

Danger & Rowell to Stephenson & Caldwell + 286k
    Or
    Danger & Rowell to Stephenson & Martin + 75k

The Chosen Won™®©

March 24, 2021 at 8:25 am

Always a dangerous game chasing last week’s score!

Good Luck

Tyson up to Caldwell

213k left

James

March 24, 2021 at 10:58 am

Best combo

1. Markov and Rowe F6 + 70k
    2. Stephenson and Highmore D6 + 11k?

1 or 2

Deefa

March 24, 2021 at 11:13 am

Ok I might be missing something here. Trying to fill up a private league with a couple of celebrity players but cannot for the life of me figure out how. The AFL Fantasy website states “Go to the ‘leagues’ section and click the cog next to the ‘view league’ button. Once there, click the ‘players’ button under the ‘manage leagues’ section. Now simply click ‘add a celebrity player’ and choose from the list.” but I cant seem to find a ‘cog’ icon anywhere.
    Can anyone assist?

Rav

March 24, 2021 at 11:48 am

Hey all…
    Question relating to trading and rolling lockout….would you guys take the risk?
    I know my trades that I’d like to do… ROB and Sier OUT for Zac Williams and Stephenson/Sholl……problem is to get the players I want I have to burn both trades before the first game…..not ideal but for those trades I think worth it except Flynn would be my R2 with Meek as emergency….is it too much of a risk of both being out Flynn with that ankle and Meek because he was exactly that if his debut and probably gets dropped….
    Cheers

Jake

March 24, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Hey Guys!
    DEF: Laird, Stewart, Docherty, Clark, H. Young, Highmore (Koschitzke, Idun)
    MID: Merrett, Taranto, Rowell, Serong, Tom Green, Powell, Gulden, Jordan (Downie, Brockman)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
    FWD: Dunkley, Phillips, Caldwell, Hind, Rowe, Warner (Campbell, Jones)
    UTIL: Meek
    Rem Salary: 3K

I’m extremely stuck with what I should do with Rowell as I don’t have any money in the bank to up him to a premium. Help would be much appreciated.

Tom

March 24, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Rowell to Stephenson and move Caldwell into ya mid?
      I’m similar to yourself with players but am stuck with Lloyd as D1, but will be moving Rowell to Stephenson or Hind then stuck on the 2nd trade. Considering either Lloyd to Mills or Green to Drew.

Stuart

March 24, 2021 at 4:58 pm

D: Stewart, Short, Ryan, Clark, Markov, Young (High, Kos)
    M: Merrett, Macrae, Brayshaw, Taranto, Serong, Powell, Gulden, Jordan (Scott, Brockman)
    R: Grundy, Flynn (Meek, 170k non player)
    F: DeGoey, Phillips, Hind, Fantasia, Campbell, Rowe (Warner, Bergman)
    $445k in the bank

What the hell do I do? No Rowell or Danger. I know it’s crazy but I could go Campbell to Stephenson & Powell to Sholl, leaves $1k in the bank and 4 rooks on the field.

FreemTheDream

March 24, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Way too much money in the bank to be starting a season mate, good luck

Stuart

March 24, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Last minute ditched witts to get Flynn’s score. Ranked 1122

FreemTheDream

March 24, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Yeah I understand that call. Its just really the fact that you want to have that money invested starting round 1 so you can start making profit on it in order to complete your team faster. Ranked 161

Stuart

March 25, 2021 at 12:08 am

Don’t worry I’m well aware – before I ditched Witts I had exactly $0 in the bank haha

Ethan F

March 24, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Wow, nice team already and dodged mines with Danger and Rowell. I wouldn’t touch Powell, though. I like Campbell to Stephenson…maybe spend the rest turning the red dot green if there’s no issues when teams come out. Maybe go to Harrison Jones? Seems like a perfect opportunity for a luxury like that.

Stuart

March 25, 2021 at 12:07 am

Cheers, currently it’s De Goey to Caldwell & red dot to Stephenson. $170k in the bank

SHJ

March 24, 2021 at 4:59 pm

Def: Laird, Stewart, Docherty, J Clark, Young, Idun (Highmore, Koschitzke)
    Mids: Merrett, Oliver, Taranto, Rowell, T Green, Powell, Gulden, Jordon (Brockman, Sharp)
    Rucks: Gawn, Witts (Flynn)
    Forwards: Dunkley, Phillips, Caldwell, Hind, Campbell, Warner (Rowe, Jones)
    Utl: Meek
    Cash: 32k

Obviously Rowell has to go, hate doing it because the kid is going to be an absolutely gun. I have been tossing with the idea of getting rid of Gawn as well, and bringing in Macrae and Drapper. My concern with that is that at some point of the year, Gawn and/or Grundy are going to be must haves in the ruck, and bringing them in later on is going to cost a bit of coin and a number of trades.

Outside of those trades, I am not sure what to do, or who to target this week. Any advice would be great.

FreemTheDream

March 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm

Dangerfield to Stephenson and Clark to Mills
    Or
    Dangerfield to Stephenson and Clark to Williams, giving me 160k to potentially upgrade Dow next week. Thoughts?

Ethan F

March 24, 2021 at 7:25 pm

I’d hold Clark for now, personally. Although Williams > Mills for the price imo

FreemTheDream

March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Yeah good call, I managed to go Dangerfield to Stephenson and then Dow to Williams via fantasia dpp, so kept Clark over Dow seeing as Dangerfield and Duncan out again, hoping he can score a bit better this week.

Daniel

March 24, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Dangerfield to Stephenson or to Williams (from fantasia). Sounds simple, but who is more underpriced, who is safer. Stephenson banks significantly more cash for next week’s upgrade which could be the difference to getting up to someone like Macrae…

Ethan F

March 24, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Stephenson safer but Williams could give you an edge. I think I’d go Stephenson personally.

Jakek

March 24, 2021 at 7:34 pm

Danger out $776 + $273 in the bank = 1.04M

Option 1: Trade Meek $172, swap a few DDP’s around and bring in C Guthrie and Markov

Option2: Trade Gawn, put Flynn at R2 and bring in any 2 of the following: Sidebottom, Macrae, Oliver, Mitchell (any 2 from any position $800+)

Option 3: Trade Gawn to Draper, bring in any of the above and upgrade 2 players next week with the $700k leftover..

Thoughts…