The Season

Round 14 rolling Fantasy blog

Follow all of the team news, injuries, hot tips and more throughout round 14.

Updates throughout the weekend from the DT Talk team.

Sunday 30 August Updates

Injury updates

Carlton – Patrick Cripps (knee).

Collingwood – Chris Mayne (concussion).

Gold Coast – Nil.

North Melbourne – Nick Larkey (ankle), Marley Williams (ankle).

Gold Coast v North Melbourne late mail

Gold Coast – No changes.

North Melbourne – No changes.

Carlton v Collingwood late mail

Carlton – No changes.

Collingwood – No changes.

Saturday 29 August Updates

Injury updates

Melbourne – Michael Hibberd (ankle).

St Kilda – Nil.

Fremantle – Luke Ryan (bruised hip).

GWS Giants – Josh Kelly (concussion).

Port Adelaide – Brad Ebert (cheekbone).

Sydney Swans – Nil.

Melbourne v St Kilda late mail

Melbourne – No changes.

St Kilda – No changes.

Sunday teams

Carlton v Collingwood, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST

CARLTON
In: P.Dow, C.Polson
Out:
 S.Petrevski-Seton (managed), M.Cottrell (managed)

COLLINGWOOD
In: T.Brown
, B.Mihocek, J.Stephenson, I.Quaynor, C.Brown
Out:
T.Varcoe (omitted), T.Ruscoe (omitted), F.Appleby (hamstring), L.Greenwood (managed), S.Sidebottom (managed)

Gold Coast v North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 6.10pm AEST

GOLD COAST
In: A.Sexton, D.MacPherson
Out:
J.Harbrow (shoulder), S.Lemmens (omitted)

NORTH MELBOURNE
In:
A.Hall, M.Daw
Out:
J.Mahony (shoulder), T.Xerri (shoulder)

Fremantle v GWS late mail

Fremantle – No changes.

GWS Giants – No changes.

Port Adelaide v Sydney Swans late mail

Port Adelaide – No changes.

Sydney Swans – No changes.

Friday 28 August Updates

Injury updates

Western Bulldogs – Laitham Vandermeer (hamstring), Easton Wood (hamstring).

Geelong – Nil

Western Bulldogs v Geelong late mail

Western Bulldogs – No changes.

Geelong – No changes.

Saturday teams

Port Adelaide v Sydney at Adelaide Oval, 1.15pm ACST

PORT ADELAIDE
In: R.Burton, X.Duursma, T.Marshall, C.Rozee, C.Sutcliffe
Out:
 S.Mayes (omitted), S.Motlop (omitted), J.Lienert (omitted), B.Woodcock (omitted), M.Georgiades (hamstring)

SYDNEY
In:
J.McInerney, R.Clarke, A.Aliir
Out:
C.O’Riordan (omitted), D.Stephens (omitted), Z.Foot (omitted)

Fremantle v Greater Western Sydney, Optus Stadium, 2.35pm AWST

FREMANTLE
In: B.Bewley
Out: M.Frederick (managed)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
In:
M.de Boer, L.Ash
Out: C.Ward (finger)
, J.Caldwell (managed)

Melbourne v St Kilda, TIO Traeger Park, 7.10PM ACST

MELBOURNE
In: O.McDonald, T.Rivers, M.Brown, M.Gawn, N.Jones, J.Wagner
Out:
J.Harmes (omitted), T.McDonald (omitted), B.Preuss (omitted), B.Fritsch (omitted), J.Lockhart (omitted), T.Sparrow (collarbone)

ST KILDA
In:
H.Clark, E.Phillips
Out:
J.Carlisle (omitted), J.Bytel (omitted)

Melbourne selection update

Simon Goodwin said Max Gawn and Nathan Jones would play this weekend but Bayley Fritsch will miss due to turning up late to training. Not sure how you do that hubbing it up, but here we are.

Port Adelaide teams

Ken Hinkley gave his early take on the Power team selection for round 14.

IN: Burton, Rozee, Duursma, Marshall, Sutcliffe

OUT: Mayes, Lienert, Woodcock, Georgiades, Motlop

A key thing here for those holding Woodcock or Georgiades is that they won’t have a score count in round 15 when Port are on the bye.

Friday morning most popular trades

Thursday 27 August Updates

Injury updates

Hawthorn – Jonathon Patton (calf).

Essendon – Nil

Richmond – Dylan Grimes (hamstring).

West Coast – Josh Kennedy (concussed).

Friday teams

Western Bulldogs v Geelong at Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

WESTERN BULLDOGS
In:
T.Dickson, W.Hayes
Out:
P.Lipinski (omitted), B.Cavarra (omitted)

GEELONG
In:
H.Taylor, Z.Tuohy
Out:
E.Ratugolea (omitted), J.Clark (omitted)

Richmond v West Coast late mail

Richmond – No changes.

West Coast – No changes.

Hawthorn v Essendon late mail

Hawthorn – No changes.

Essendon – Michael Hurley (ankle) OUT, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher IN.

Thursday afternoon most popular trades

Thursday teams

Hawthorn v Essendon at Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST (4.40pm AEST)

HAWTHORN
In:
D.Minchington, J.Gunston, J.Ceglar
Out:
B.Stratton (managed), S.Burgoyne (managed), J.Impey (foot)

ESSENDON
In:
C.Hooker, J.Daniher, A.Phillips
Out:
T.Bellchambers (knee), A.Francis (hamstring), S.Draper (managed)

Richmond v West Coast at Metricon Stadium, 7.10pm AEST

RICHMOND
In:
T.Nankervis, T.Dow (MID, $230,000)
Out:
S.Stack (hip), M.Chol (omitted)
New:
Thomson Dow

WEST COAST
In: B.Williams (DEF/RUC, $170k)
, M.Hutchings
Out:
O.Allen (glute), J.Nelson (shoulder)
New:
Bailey Williams

Fantasy Live – Rd. 14

Tune into the replay of last night’s live stream. You can also watch the video or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.

Fixture planning and key rules

Save the below image into your phone or print it out to help you stay across the lockout times throughout part two of the festival of footy. Make sure you are aware of all of the rule. Warnie wrote a piece for AFL.com.au which outlines the key things to know and some strategy advice. Click here to view it.

• Team announcements 6:20pm AEST the day before game for the rest of the season.
  • Final teams (ie. late changes) lodged 60 mins before games.
  • Average scores awarded to players on a by IF they played the previous round.
  • Bye players locked at the start of the round.
  • Classic: 3 trades per round for the rest of the season.
  • Draft: RFAs cleared at 10am AEST the day after round ends.

Injury list – Rd. 14

Catch the full injury list for this week.

Monday night podcast

Don’t miss the weekly podcast. Roy, Calvin and Warnie chatted as soon as round 13 finished.

Stay across all of the news of the weekend as soon as it drops by following @AFLFantasy on Twitter.

Co-captain of DT Talk since inception in 2007. Finally had a good season with an overall ranking of 137th for 2018... next goal is to replace the dirty old trucker hat with an AFL Fantasy one! Follow on Twitter: @WarnieDT

Jaso

August 27, 2020 at 3:55 pm

Thurlow to Brayshaw or hold him and downgrade and have 250k for my final upgrade next week?

dc

August 27, 2020 at 3:59 pm

do it….

llizardofoz

August 27, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Neale has 43% ownership.
    ..you’d think most owners would have the [c] on him.
    Gawn has 16% ownership.
    Anyone who has both has a lot to gain and little to lose by having the [vc] on him
    with Grundy or Cripps as back-up[c] if Max fails ,

Sad Commissioner

August 27, 2020 at 5:57 pm

What a season!!
    So 4.40 lockout worked well….oh except for the fantasy site having issues and taking that long to accept and do trades that several I know in my workplace alone are now taking multiple 0s onfield. Now I know most will be laughing at this and fair enough it’s part of why I’m posting so you guys can be amused but in truth 4 of the 6 were in the top 5k so no chance of winning the car but they have spent some time and we are in a competitive cash league that today’s issues compromises finals to the point where I will put it out to the rest of the league to refund everyone’s entry and call the league finals off…oh well and again as your all laughing I am happy you are….also happy that the AFL are continuing with this bullshit joke of a season that is only being played so they get paid…..it would be an idea though if your going to set rules like afl fantasy have and lockouts for bye players when people are still at work please please in future seasons ensure that the site is working up to standard the half hour leading up to said lockout…..Goodluck to all for the finals and hope ours was an isolated issue and not too many other players and league’s seasons have been ruined this afternoon…..lol on the brightside I was no chance of top 8 in the league due to aba season ending blunder a while back but still it’s not great for those that were.
    Yours sincerely
    A stressed Fantasy League Commissioner!!

emily

August 27, 2020 at 7:46 pm

I’m sorry Sad commissioner pull ur head in.
    Are you still working?
    Have you gone through something like this before?
    Although I don’t agree with everything the media is spewing out, were in this bubble together.
    there enough crap going on in the world.

I think everyone in the AFL and fantasy are doing the best they can.
    Yeah it sux that u struggled getting on the site, it’s happened to me b4 last season.

I have learnt to do mine b4 if I no I am going to be busy or at work.

I’m sorry I know ur just venting, I’ve paid my season pass this year and it’s still helping, it’s one of those things.

The players yes get paid A LOT but hey thats life.

Just be glad theres footy playing and were not going down the track like the NBA is going down.

all lives matter

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmm feet in bake beans

The Cricket

August 27, 2020 at 8:18 pm

I feel your pain, Sad Commissioner, and yes it’s shitty; not the first time we’ve had problems with the site and app just before lockouts is it?
    But, even tho I’ve had my poorest fantasy season ever, I’ve still quite enjoyed the challenges thrown up by the chaos this year! Reckon it helps sort the wheat from the chaff to an extent …
    It’ll be an interesting race to the finish line for coaches. Good luck to all those after a hat or the car 👍
    Oh, and I’m with Emily on this one: bloody marvellous to have the footy when so much else has been lost and so many people are doing it really tough :)
    Joey rocks my world tonight!!!

CondomHead FitzSimons

August 27, 2020 at 9:10 pm

I’m with u both..good to have footy & fantasy footy to keep us sane in these crazy times

Andy

August 27, 2020 at 10:52 pm

I’m really enjoying the footy, and the three trades each round have been great. I think I’m doing better this year than I usually do. (That’s saying a lot…)

Love to my Victorian countrymen and countrywomen. I really feel for you.

Carts

August 28, 2020 at 9:26 am

I’ve never wanted a player in my team to be omitted, until now.

North better drop Xerri so I can loop in Zach Merrett’s vc score

Andy

August 28, 2020 at 9:48 am

What did Cavarra do wrong to be dropped? He was just starting to make a bit of coin.

Carts

August 28, 2020 at 10:47 am

Woodcock out

Butch

August 28, 2020 at 5:23 pm

Will Taranto turn his form around or will his muck continue?

Mad Fish

August 28, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Trade Cavarra for Riccardi and go Weller to Zac Williams, or trade Bell for Riccardi and go Weller to McDonald?

dogflop

August 28, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Hey legends,
    My opponent in my league match up has both his captain neale and vc mitchell scores doubled. Is anyone else, experiencing this? Is it a glitch or something?

Warnie

August 28, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Display error, doesn’t add up.

dogflop

August 28, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Cheers Warnie,
    Thanks for the reply, you’re a bloody legend. I have Witts though, my fault.

Andy

August 29, 2020 at 12:38 am

I thought I’d have every player playing this weekend, bar Louis Butler, but now Cavarra, Foot and Bytel have all been dropped.
    I think Cavarra is unlucky; Foot deserved it; and with a name like Bytel, he probably deserved the chop as well.

llizardofoz

August 29, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Had to use my trades b4 1st game to get Neale
      Any more late outs will be sastrous.

llizardofoz

August 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm

5 rookies in my team …managed /Xerri injured ?!
        2 zeroes / all you can do is
        Cop it sweet.

Sam

August 29, 2020 at 8:31 am

Legends, quick question on the Fantasy Rules, if i have 2 players on my DT bench that i give the purple E to for the same position and then 1 of those E fails to get a run on game day then do i get their 0 for a covering score instead of the other (hopefully playing) E score?

Sam

August 29, 2020 at 8:41 am

Rules only state that you get the lowest of 2 emergency scores for covering the same position, no mention of if those emergency players actually played a game or not.

The Wizard

August 29, 2020 at 9:33 am

If a player on field plays and gets a zero the score counts. If he doesn’t play and therefore scores zero your emergency kicks in. It stands to reason that the emergencies would be the same. So if both play lowest counts, if one doesn’t start the other kicks in.

Sam

August 29, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Cheers, I hope so as woodcock didn’t play as an E but i have another E chance cover now with D.Cameron. Thanks

j

August 29, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Come on Coniglio – please, please, please play well today. Today is your audition to NOT get traded out of my side ahead of Serong!

emily

August 29, 2020 at 6:58 pm

Glad to see Haynes turned up 44 point last qtr.
    His debut was going to be short last in my team lol

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in snails

Andy

August 29, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Wait until he gets tagged again.

Andy

August 29, 2020 at 7:45 pm

I had 7 playing reserves last round. This round I only had 2. Makes it hard to generate cash.

j

August 29, 2020 at 9:56 pm

This is the issue with too many risky mid-pricer bargains: THEY ALL SHIT THE BED AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Some of my recent trade-ins: Gus Brayshaw, Thurlow, Serong, Preuss.

Andy

August 29, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Serong was a bargain if you took him early enough; Gus Brayshaw has always been buy at your own risk.

emily

August 29, 2020 at 10:30 pm

I think we all jump on the same band wagon and then make the wagon crash lol

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmmmmm feet in trifle

Andy

August 29, 2020 at 10:38 pm

After last year, I didn’t go anywhere near Gus Brayshaw. Once bitten, twice shy… hmmm feet not burnt by Gus.

emily

August 29, 2020 at 10:47 pm

yeah I got him for a cash grab think ill keep him and see next week so I can get Gawn this week
        huge BE this week so should come down 20-30k

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmm feet in hot chocolate cake with custard

Doug

August 29, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Dodged a few bullets so far this round..
    I locked in McGrath to Boak, which I reversed, then I had Cogs to Jelly, which I reversed, and I also had Thurlow to Ryan (as a POD over Haynes), which I also reversed….
    Finally settled on Parfitt & Thurlow to Pendles & McDonald, fingers crossed..
    Also, Serong to GusBray a couple weeks back hasn’t yielded the best result (close enough to evens), it has generated some $$
    Just wish I had a non playing FWD to get Riccardi’s score as an emergency….

j

August 29, 2020 at 10:55 pm

Anyone know what Gawn’s BE was before the St. Kilda game?

emily

August 29, 2020 at 11:00 pm

Gawn BE 134 from memory was huge

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in a bucket of peanut butter

j

August 29, 2020 at 11:06 pm

cheers, thanks. Looks like it will still be high for the next game…hopefully Draper plays, so I can work towards getting back Max over two week installments

stacey, bored in isolation

August 29, 2020 at 11:10 pm

you are a footy weapon emily, wow think i have a footy crush on you lol
    and u have a foot crush on anything, which i’m really interested in, is it the feel or how u get it off that interests you lol

from a footy feet admire

26. Belly

Belly

August 30, 2020 at 11:33 am

Loophole Ricci for Greenwood or Simpkin?

Warnie

August 30, 2020 at 2:01 pm

I really don’t know the answer to this. I just tweeted a poll. Maybe that will help.

Belly

August 30, 2020 at 2:06 pm

People still use Twitter ! Thanks Warnie I will try and find my login and check out the poll, currently fielding Simpkin based on L3 Ave, so Greeny will def ton up :)

Pissed

August 30, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Jack Crisp has looked like a scared boy all season! I finally get to move him on and he decides to get a kick.

The Wart Hogs

August 30, 2020 at 6:37 pm

I wonder would you Jack Crisp a scared boy to his face. The dude would ko you inside of 20 seconds.

Andy

August 30, 2020 at 8:12 pm

It doesn’t seem to matter how the AFL try and even up this competition. You will always have perpetually hopeless teams like North Melbourne, and the rest…