People's Team

People’s Team – Team Reveal

First reveal of the People’s Team

• Tim

Over the past week I have been gathering your suggestions for who should be considered in the DTTalk People’s Team and then running polls on twitter (@iamtimjedwards) to decide who is selected in the team. Thanks to everyone that has voted in this and helped shape the team to what it is now.

RUCKS

My first poll run was for the critical ruck spots and this one certainly gained a lot of interest with over 400 voters. The beauty of the People’s Team is that you can vote for an option you might not have the courage to pull off in your own team and this was certainly the case with the rucks. The polls saw Sam Jacobs ($514,000) with 77% votes and Sam Naismith ($284,000) with 74% votes edging out Brodie Grundy ($906,000) with 72% votes (FYI, people were able to vote for multiple options hence the numbers not adding up)

The other options that didn’t make the cut were:

Tim English ($572,000) 26%, Reilly O’brien ($709,000) 19%, Max Gawn ($826,000) 17%, Ceglar ($562,000) 11%

DEFENDERS

Looking at the defence there are a number of picks which are locks in most teams and it was no surprise to see them voted into the People’s Team. Sam Docherty ($563,000) the biggest of them all with 95% votes, Dan Houston ($596,000) with 90% and Dylan Roberton ($327,000) with 88%. Marsh standouts Brodie Smith ($646,000) 80% and Jack Crisp ($725,000) 62% were the premium options chosen to close out a backline that would only require one rookie.

Other options that were closest to selection:

Rory Laird ($719,000) with 27%, James Sicily ($620,000) with 25%, Jeremy Howe ($515,000) with 24% and Adam Cerra ($451,000) with 24%.

MIDFIELDERS

A lot of big guns to choose from in the midfield and a lot of value around. In the end the voters chose to combine both with the top 5 voted in mids ranging from the 800k mark to the 600s. Obviously Tom Mitchell ($671,000) got the nod with a massive 96% of votes and the forward time split stated for Stephen Coniglio ($769,000) hasn’t turned too many voters off receiving 86% of votes. Then the two big dogs were the next most popular with Jack Macrae ($858,000) 76% and Josh Dunkley ($824,000) 64%. There was a gap between the next most popular player, but the final midfield spot fell to value pick Jack Viney ($611,000) with 46%.

Other options just missing out:

Patrick Cripps ($753,000) 44%, Josh Kelly ($860,000) 37%, Patrick Dangerfield ($798,000) 35% and Zach Merrett ($803,000) 35%.

FORWARDS

One of the most interesting lines with a lack of premium players and a number of mid-priced options to choose from. Claimed to be a must have in the forward line, the voters have gone in the same direction with Lachie Whitfield ($844,000) having 88% of votes as the most voted for forward. Also high in the votes with a possible increase in midfield time is Andrew Brayshaw ($516,000) with 87% of votes and Hugh Greenwood ($581,000) with 61%. Finishing off the votes were then Jack Steven ($653,000) after his strong Marsh game with his new club with 57% votes and Lachie Schultz ($320,000) 35.2% of votes as a value pick.

Unfortunately, not making the salary cap was Devon Smith ($720,000) with 45% of votes. With only so many options being able to get into the team, we see Devon miss out due to his price. Other players to miss out:

Christian Petracca ($563,000) 35.1%, Bailey Smith ($513,000) 30%, Darcy MacPherson ($648,000) 28%, Dustin Martin ($721,000) 24%

THE ROOKIES

This is difficult to assess given we don’t know who is going to be selected yet. I grouped all the rookies together and assuming they are all selected, asked who the voters would be starting on field. The results were as follows:

DEF: Jarrod Brander ($217,000) 78%, Lachlan Ash ($264,000) 63%, Hayden Young ($258,000) 60%, Will Gould ($220,000) 56%, Jack Madgen ($288,000) 15%

MID: Matthew Rowell ($270,000) 96%, Marlion Pickett ($170,000) 93%,Tom Green ($252,000) 82%, Noah Anderson ($268,000) 63%, Deven Robertson ($228,000) 50%, Jeremy Sharp ($218,000) 41%

FWD: Curtis Taylor ($170,000) 96%, Connor Budarick ($170,000) 88%, Tristan Xerri ($170,000) 41%, Jacob Townsend ($266,000) 11%

Based on these votings, rookies have been added to the team with a few basement priced rookies making up the remaining spots.

FINAL TEAM

These votings have then led to the team looking as pictured below. Let me know your thoughts and where you would like any changes to be, as I will be putting popular options to the polls again for potential changes before round 1. Team selection on Thursday may also have a say in who needs to be added or removed from the team. Thanks for all that participated and get ready to cheer on the People’s Team!

scott mitchell

March 15, 2020 at 5:11 pm

that is my team, unsure to re-select or run with in and try trade to victory

pendles4brownlow

March 15, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Loved the article, thank you. You can’t help how people voted. But honestly, who is starting with Jacobs and Naismith on the field together. I can understand having either one plus Grundy or Gawn, or having Naismith on the bench (expensive bench fodder, but will make money). Yes, it is easy to afford all the other guns with that ruck set-up, but I think it would be a costly error in the end.

SouvLarkey

March 15, 2020 at 6:50 pm

I am Grundy and Naismith

Tim

March 15, 2020 at 7:05 pm

I can’t do it myself, but they do present great value. If something goes wrong with Jacobs or Naismith its a big team reshuffle to fix it, but if it goes right then you can get a lot of points elsewhere with the saved cash. Will be interesting to see how it plays out with this team!

Ec3

March 15, 2020 at 7:10 pm

I am also Grundy naismith. money saved and my team look awesome. Plus you get better bench rookies for cash generation if season plays out from the covid19

Marcus

March 15, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I am a massive Swan Supporter have been for 100 years…..Well 51 years, just feels like 100 years. I would love to add Naismith on my ground or on the Interchange bench but with my team I cannot afford him. So I’m resting B Williams on the Ruck Bench as he is the cheapest Ruck with DPP just in case. Every year I go for a Midfield with at least 3 Ubber Premiums. This year I will Have Coniglio as my Ubber Premium as he is underpriced followed by Mitchell. I can see huge value in other Midfielders, it’s just about picking the right ones. Also with the Rookies mostly being over 200k it makes it hard to Pick so many Ubber Premiums. My team at present is …….

Marcus

March 15, 2020 at 10:17 pm

J Crisp, Smith, Docherty,
    Houston, Cerra .Roberton (Gould. McAsey)

Coniglio, Titch, J Stevens, Viney,
    Brayshaw (Freo), Rowell. T Green. Pickett (St’vich. Anderson)

Grundy, Jacobs ( B Williams)

Wh’field, D Smith. Long
    Bewely, Davis. Taylor (Rankin, King)

Utility: Brander

My team will change slightly but not much as I’m not sure if St’vich will play and the player I wouldn’t mind on bench instead of St;vich will leave me with 0 k left in bank.

Ec3

March 16, 2020 at 12:16 am

Change Jacobs to naismith and fix fwds then your team will look awesome. You got to see naismith has a rookie and has such he will be the highest scoring rookie and he’s a swan Marcus

Marcus

March 16, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi Ec3 I’m not sure about Picking Naismith as he has been out of the game for more than 2 years with injuries and sometimes that means headaches for your team as he could be more prone to injure himself. But maybe having him on a bench would be ok if I had the $$$$$$$. Plus putting him on field doesn’t guarantee the set and forget method

Marcus

March 16, 2020 at 2:49 pm

OK Ec3, you talked me into it and made a couple of changes

Dan

March 16, 2020 at 12:48 am

Anyone bought moreiras magic dat info pack? Is it worth $30??.

Ec3

March 16, 2020 at 3:58 am

I have bought one it’s an excellent insight to a lot of players. And the money goes to charity win win

Tommy

March 16, 2020 at 5:03 pm

I also bought it, I believe it is worth it

un3xp3ct3d_gu35t

March 16, 2020 at 11:44 am

Final decision in my team prior to rookies. Help!!

Whitfield, Dunkley, SicDog & 4th On field Mid Rookie (Stephens or Anderson)

or

Petracca, Cripps, Blakley & Hopper (Only 3 on field mid rookies)

Thanks!

Cody

March 16, 2020 at 12:53 pm

for m2 would dunkley or gaff be the better option?(both same price)
    Cheers guys

Ron Burgundy and the channel 2 news team

March 16, 2020 at 1:01 pm

I would go Dunkley becuase he is not afraid to tackle. More likely to play inside mid role all year as gaff will rotate in the wing.

Jamess123

March 17, 2020 at 11:35 pm

DEF
    Smith, Docherty, Houston, Roberton, Ash, Brander

MID
    Macrae, Gaff, Coniglio, Titch, Viney, Rowell, Green, Pickett

RUCK
    Grundy, Jacobs

FWD
    Whitfield, Steven, Greenwood, Brayshaw, Shultz, Taylor

Pretty set on this team
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks