My Team

My Team 2020: Version 1.3

Discuss your team in My Team.

AFL Fantasy is here for 2020! The game has launched  and it’s time to play with our teams up until that full lockout at 7:50pm AEDT on Friday 20th March.

All prices can be found by clicking here. Below is how initial prices have been calculated.

• $13,000,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2019 average x magic number (approx 7418 for 2020).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2018 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Don’t forget to read the targets by Pete from aflratings.com.au on each club where you can also listen to the podcasts and download a printable pdf. Click here to access the articles. If you wish to continue using DT Live’s Drawing Boardclick here to access Chad’s masterpiece.

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: S52TZ49Y

The Chosen Won

February 14, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Its a No from me.

Good Luck 2020™®©

Colbzzzzzz

February 13, 2020 at 8:21 pm

My team looks like ‘”the most selected” easier than typing it out I suppose…

Alan

February 14, 2020 at 12:02 am

By all means pick a team that looks more like everybody elses than anybody elses

Colbzzzzzz

February 14, 2020 at 8:41 am

Yeah, Ill go with the most un-selected, and see how that goes ;)

February 14, 2020 at 1:36 pm

yeah i have 25 of them. I remembered Moira (2 time winner) said though its not really the starting team its your trades that win it (starting team helps a little but)

emily & the fantasy girls feat. hawk

February 13, 2020 at 8:23 pm

I’ve got Menegola in my squad. Heard he is back to an inside mid role this year looking at 110 average this year.

Go Cats

February 13, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Let’s hope

February 14, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Yeah i like him good luck i hope he comes through for you.

CR

February 13, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Def: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Robertson, Gould, Young (Rivers, Starcevich)
    Mid: Dunkley, Macrae, Coniglio, T Mitchell, Gibbs, N Anderson, M Rowell, M Pickett (N Mchenry, D Stephens)
    Ruck: ROB, S Jacobs (Cameron)
    Fwd: Whitfield, D Martin, Greenwood, Jones, Townsend, Bewley (Rankine, King)
    Utility: Cockatoo

Mid price value on offer

Tigerfuzz

February 13, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Basically Grundy and 170k VS rob and Bewley. So that’s 120+55 VS 105+70 in my books

February 14, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Not bad lets analyse, with the first number being premo or potential rolling 22 come year end. Second nubmer is mid pricer, third is rookie and ignores the bench

DEF – 1/3/2 tough call as as both Doc and Houston could be rolling 22 i have counted them both as mid priced however as below the premo price – all goes well you only need to upgrade 3 players to get top 6 defenders.

MID – 3/2/3 again that said ive counted Mitchell as a mid pricer, all goes to plan you have 4 keepers so only need 4.

Ruck – 1/1/0 – Im counting ROB as premo given price and should be in top 3. so you only need to upgrade Jacobs – how much cash you got? thats only concern if Jacobs fails or dies you dont have enough for upgrade, but you have saved cash to go elsewhere.

FWD – 2/3/1 – Im counting Bewley as mid price and jacobs rookie. Very speculative line, and if all fire your the winner. The 3 mids should all at least make their B/e so no real risk there, its just potential lack of cash generation if they cont all do what they are supposed to. Sure early season you will score well but after round 8-9 when others have generated the cash they need from the rookies they may pull away unless theses 3 all smash it out of the park.

All in all i kinda like it

Matt

February 13, 2020 at 8:45 pm

First team of the year, thoughts would be Appreciated… cheers
    DEF: Laird, Houston, Doch, Roberton, Young, Gould
    MID: Macrae, Taranto, Cogs, Titch, Ward, Rowell, Anderson Pickett
    RUC: Grundy, Naitanui
    FWD: Whitfield, Dusty, Brayshaw, Kennedy, Cockatoo, Rankine

pendles4brownlow

February 14, 2020 at 1:22 pm

Hi Matt. Defence is pretty much as per the popular picks – strong. Mids – the same, except for Taranto, but he should be ok. Rucks – NicNat is tempting, and I had him in my team, but he is a big risk. He scores at a good rate when he is on the park, but because of his history I think that they will rest him a lot (possibly even having a week off here and there). They may work him up to a larger load in the lead up to the finals. As for your forwards, Kennedy is another one for Weagles supporters only; I wouldn’t risk it. The rest are good to go.

February 14, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Nice one Matt you should post your cash$ too helps discuss options

Def – agree with old mate is standard and about best combo you can go with.
      MID – 3/2/3 but really 4/1/3 as Titch if back to best is premo. No issues any of these guys had Tranto myself for awhile and will be top 8. Ward concerns me i had him but after reading DODT i chucked him, but i see the value in him cant lose.
      RUC – agree comments Pendles for brwonlo – i cant do Nic Nat hes made of glass and frankly even if fit i think hes good for 80-85 at best not really massive but guess holds you spot for a later upgrade and you structure depends on him.
      FWDS – you have spent up a bit here with your mid prices and hence why you need Nic Nat at a cheaper price to be able to afford. Depending on cash i would consider one of these to rookie and upgrade Nic Nat but is only IMO and to be frank i have never won the car.

Love the Kennedy pick apparently hes having great preseason and now darling has gone down, i dont have him but he intrigues me as a pick interesting.

Matt

February 14, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Yeah cheers boys, I have 274k remaining… i would like to use it all before the season starts. As for the NicNat pick, I feel he’s far to cheap, had an average of 72 from his 3 home and away season games and a score of 77 and 96 in the two finals. All of which were from roughly 55% TOG… one can only expect that to be upped. For 471k… I can’t resist. As for the JJK pick, first full pre-season in 2-3 years, at 401k he’s an absolute bargain imo

Tigerfuzz

February 13, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Bit of a different looking team…

Docherty, Houston, Birch, Robbo, Young, 170ker
    Macrae, Dunkley, Pendles, Cogs, Titch, Hanners, Rowell, Serong
    Grundy, ROB
    D. Smith, Ebert, B. Smith, Bewley, Townsend, McAdam

Atm Im not sure if there will be a 170k Def playing round 1 worthy of a spot on the field so I’ll probably have to cut a mid to fix that up, but we will see. Obviously no Whitfield but I reckon it should be easy enough to swap Hanners for him a few weeks into the season.
    170k benchies.

pendles4brownlow

February 14, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Not too bad, but I am not as confident in Hanners bouncing any higher this year – buyer beware. I prefer Ward’s chances.

Big Gun

February 13, 2020 at 9:28 pm

First Attempt

DEF: Houston, Clark, Docherty, Witherden, Roberton, Young
    MID: Cogs, Cripps, Mitchell, Brayshaw, Gibbs, Selwood, Rowell, Anderson
    RUC: Grundy, Lycett
    FWD: Whitfield, Ebert, Brayshaw, Townsend, Cockatoo, Rankine

Kano

February 14, 2020 at 8:01 am

Thoughts appreciated thanks lads!
      DEF: Sicily, Docherrty, Houston, Doedee, Roberton, Young
      MID: Macrae, Dunkley, Titch, Lyons, Ward, Rowel, Rivers, Pickett
      RUC: Grundy, O’Brien
      FWD: Whit, Smith, Brayshaw, Jones, Townsend, Cockatoo

Thinking of maybe getting blakely or putting smith down to an ebert/greenwood for $$$

Ⓜatthew Ⓜurphy (@MattM_78)

February 13, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Williams, Docherty, Dawson, Doedee, Roberton, Young, Starcevich, Gould
    Fyfe, Neale, Dunkley, Prestia, Rowell, Pickett, Robertson, McHenry, Bytel, ESmith
    Grundy, Gawn, Cameron
    Whitfield, Dusty, Steven, Cockatoo, Rankine, King, Cahill, Bonar
    Rivers

Considering taking Dusty out and putting Dawson in Fwd and putting Houston in Def.

Lochie

February 13, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Cockatoo + Houli
    Or
    170k FWD (F5) + Lloyd

Or should I downgrade Stephens (M7) to upgrade Houli -> Lloyd

Matt

February 13, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Who’s everyone’s D1 and why?

Mine is Houli because of his starting run at MCG 8 out of first 12 games there. Cons: only average above 94 once (last year)

PK

February 14, 2020 at 12:39 am

Currently Laird but Lloyd has been in and out of my side. Both reliable scorers and should push 100+

February 14, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Love it mines D1 but Houli sat there for over a month but then talked myself out of it. He may come back i think if cash permits. I just saw more $ value hopefully in Laird.

Below is my Houli v Laird analysis i did a while back

$ Games AVG first half Second half Last 5
      houli $766,000 23 102.32 110.38 97.92 102.80
      laird $719,000 23 88.22 98.09 95.73 99.40

Now in regards to Houli the last 5 includes the finals as i thought a games a game so why not. This 5 round average includes a 48 v Lions at the Gabba, i was at that game and not sure why its so low. Take it out and his last 4 round average is 116 [dam i think just talked myself back into him lol]

POD

February 14, 2020 at 2:17 pm

Oh and thinking about it, in an article of DODT on Gibbs they felt if he plays off half back this may ‘cap’ Lairds scores [dam another reason to swap back to Houli]

Houlis age scares me but guess Simmo was a premo for many years as an old man racking up +6’s all day.

Rance not back for Tigers so no real change to backline and i dont see any change to Tigers game plan so his role will remain – dam trade player Laird back t Houli

Vicwood

February 14, 2020 at 2:30 pm

WAIT for preseason games…..suspicion a role change is coming lairds way.

February 14, 2020 at 2:45 pm

To what do you think?

PowerAde

February 14, 2020 at 4:24 pm

i reckon he’ll play a very fantasy friendly wing

Gibbs

February 13, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Thoughts on Birchall and Stephen hill both prices at 420k. Will birch be best 22 for Brisbane and if so think they both can avg 80s

Alan

February 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm

I don’t like Birch’s age or the amount of games he has managed per season. He has a degenerative knee condition. That shit doesn’t get better. Hill has had quad issues. If he has finally gotten that right, look out. He will probably be running around like a man 3 years his junior.

Marcus

February 14, 2020 at 12:42 pm

You make a gr8 point Alan I like Birch but can’t pick him as he has missed to many games through injury and Hill may benefit out of the departures at Freo.

PK

February 14, 2020 at 12:37 am

Both have horrible injury history. Too risky for me

David C

February 14, 2020 at 7:37 am

Birch will be best 22 if fit. But he’s not fit, don’t expect to see him until maybe round 5/6.

Fooz

February 14, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Hill should be a lock for RDT/SC only. Very awkwardly priced for AF.

February 14, 2020 at 2:07 pm

no on both for me in fantasy same reasons as Alan below (or above is it?). Hill however in RDT he is $245,100 and in SC he is $190,600 so heavily discounted and worth considering if fit (big if)

Vicwood

February 14, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Hill at 420K is to much. Birchall not even on the radar.

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:08 pm

I like Hill this year if fit. Potential to be top 8 back or forward if he can find his old form also that D/F status is nice if rocking dawson too. Worst case is he holds his price baring any 1st 1/4 injury

Alan

February 13, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Seems I am thinking differently to everybody else. With so much value in the ruck department surely Grundy is an upgrade and not a starter. It isn’t like his price is going to go up exponentially. I get not wanting to miss out on his scores but couldn’t the missed scores be made up by spending the saved cash on the midfield?

PK

February 14, 2020 at 12:32 am

When he scores 150 against English in round 1 you’re going to be spewing!

andyjh

February 14, 2020 at 5:43 am

I hear what you are saying but i doubt he will loose too much cash throughout the year which will make it very hard to upgrade to him. I made the mistake last year & started with Lycett. It was sooo hard to upgrade him.

Jack

February 14, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Name a more reliable captain option though

Marcus

February 14, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Hi Alan, last night I went back and had a look at the Pies page on this sight and the boys make a good point about Grundy. it might be worth watching mate

pendles4brownlow

February 14, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Learning should be an experience. I say go with your gut and start without Grundy. You won’t make the same mistake next year.

Vicwood

February 14, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Wait ……. What……..let me get my reading glasses…. yeap, i read it correctly. “Captain Grundy”. not a starter. Sometimes when we look at to many stats are judgment gets blurred.

May i suggest you lock him in and stop overthinking it.

Good Luck.

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:03 pm

I thought the same a season or 2 ago, I was very wrong, the only way you win is by pure luck if he has a slowish start for 2-3 games then does a season ending injury so you miss the carnage. Up to you but I assure you paying up for uber premos is pretty much required if you want to be successful in this game.

Chill Out

February 14, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Its like in the old days, You’d always start with Sandilands & Cox. You just have to do it, lock Grundy in & be happy.

Canadian Clubbers

February 14, 2020 at 3:48 am

Thoughts Appreciated

DEF: Houston, Milera, Docherty, Stack, Watts, Roberton
    MID: Cripps, Lyons, Titch, Lipinski, Berry, Seedsman, Rowell, Pickett
    RUCK: Grundy, Nic Nat
    FWD: Whitfield, Steven, Brayshaw, Bonar, Townsend, Rankine
    UTILITY: Cockatoo

andyjh

February 14, 2020 at 5:40 am

Thats a very unique team clubbers. Unfortunately i think you have gone for too many POD’s & i think you have a lot of 70’s & 80’s in that team..

pendles4brownlow

February 14, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Agree whole-heartedly

Kalameddine

February 14, 2020 at 8:13 am

Def: Sicily Docherty Houston Roberton young Gould
    Mid: troelor Dunkley cogs titch Gibbs Rowell bianco Pickett
    Grundy rob
    Whitfield dusty brayshaw acres Townsend and cockatoo
    Bench: 170k
    Utility starcevich
    5k remaining

David Robert King

February 14, 2020 at 9:37 am

AFL Fantasy League XSVDDN53 size 20 starts R1. Celebrity – Calvin,Roy,Warnie,The Traders and Fantasy Freako. Welcome to Join. David.

HK

February 14, 2020 at 3:10 pm

Jack S

CJ

February 14, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Jack S or Brodie Smith

February 16, 2020 at 1:58 pm

greenwood or brayshaw. the cats will probably rest steven up foward for the start of the year.

Drewie

February 14, 2020 at 10:56 am

Def: Houli, Brodie Smith, Docherty, Roberton, young, Gould – McLennan, Scholl
    Mid: Macrae, cogs, titch Hanners, Ward, Narkle, Rowell, Pickett – Maginness, McHenry
    Grundy, Sauce- Cameron
    Whitfield, Greene, Heeney,Townsend, Cockatoo, Rankine- McAdam, Sturt
    Utility starcevich
    50k remaining

February 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm

OK… I dont like the Houli pick much, too old for me and I’d rather Laird who is cheaper anyway. I would rather not have Hanners either too risky for mine, Heeneys a watch in the Marsh series, and I would drop Greene too, he should be playing forward again.

shiraz

February 14, 2020 at 11:01 am

danger or coniglio? or other for similar price..

PK

February 14, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Coniglio for me, both are in for big seasons imo.

Marcus

February 14, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Backs: Docherty, Witherden, Jones, Robo, Young, Gould
    Mids: J Kelly, Treloar, Merrett, Titch, Adams/Dusty, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett
    Rucks: Grundy, O’Brien
    Frwds: Whitfield, Smith, Ebert, Ch Jones, Townsend, Rankine

Will not add Bench Players as I still have no idea

But I think this is virtually the team I’m sticking with.
    I would love to add McCrae and Dunkley in but I think it’s better to go J Kelly and Treloar as the top Mids

Not sure about Mid 5 it’s either going to be Adams or Dusty as I like Adams but Dusty gives me that DPP Player witch may be better.

SB

February 14, 2020 at 10:44 pm

McRae and Dunkley averaged 120 plus post bye so tell me again why it’s better to go with injury prone Kelly and boring ass Treloar

Jack

February 14, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Anyone thinking of starting both Macrae and Dunkley? Upside to both I reckon and I just can’t pick. “porque no los dos?”

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Yep, can’t quite fit both at the price and have my team look right, going Mccrae to start as he is a consistent seasoned gun whilst Dunks is really still a pup.

February 16, 2020 at 2:05 pm

I have both, and also cogs and danger and grundy and whitfield

Marcus

February 14, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Love those 2 players mate but sometimes McCrae runs around with his botton lip dragging on ground and Dunkley I love but ……

Evan Baxter

February 14, 2020 at 2:01 pm

I got both in my team and Grundy too, no point not starting them in your team as they won’t decrease in value by much. If anything the bont will be the one to get tagged in that team. And both should average well over 115

Mat

February 14, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Thoughts please

$89K Remaining

DEF: J.Crisp ,D.Houston, S.Docherty, D.Roberton, H.Young, T.Rivers (J.Mclennan, H.Goddard)
    MID: A.Treloar, J.Dunkley, P.Dangerfield, P.Cripps, T.Mitchell, M.Rowell, D.Robertson, M.Pickett (J.Bytel, N.McHenry)
    RUCK: B.Grundy, R.O’Brien (D.Cameron)
    FWD: L.Whitfield, D.Martin, A.Brayshaw, Townsend, S.Sturt, I.Rankine (B.Cavarra, M.King)
    UTL: B.Starcevich

February 16, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Why Treloar over Macrae, also I’m not sure about Sturt…

HK

February 14, 2020 at 1:08 pm

Pick 1.

Brodie Smith
    Blakely
    Jack steven
    Jack Martin
    Andrew brayshaw
    Greenwood.

February 14, 2020 at 2:14 pm

of this list the only player in my team currently is Brayshaw,

– last 5 round 80.4 (he is priced at 69)
      – opportunities in mids at Freo
      – perfect breakout age
      – he is fit no issues like some of the others
      – same team so no transition issues

IMO [at worst he should not lose any cash although most of your list shouldn’t either)

Ron Burgundy and the channel 2 news team

February 14, 2020 at 2:57 pm

I’ve chosen Bradshaw and Cerra both for that same reason euman I believe they will both strive under longmuir plan and breakout both in the guts. Promising signs from all the players believing this is true.

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Brayshaw feels like a trap to me, has not shown a real fantasy game yet. Jack Steven is my pick, easily most likely to be a top forward from that bunch, not likely but could even go #1 forward overall this year which you certainly can’t say about anyone else on that list.

bullant9

February 15, 2020 at 12:16 am

Yep , jack steven

24. Fooz

Fooz

February 14, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Warnie, Roy and Calvin in their early days at the start of this video-clip… (not quite – sorry – couldn’t help but see some resemblance….! But I think the song could easily be adapted to how Fantasy coaches go through a season….)
    on you tube joNzRzZhR2Y

Sorry again…..

anth80

February 14, 2020 at 2:18 pm

hey all.

thoughts please.

Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould (Starcevich, McLennon)

Macrae, Trelaor, Gaff, Mitchell, Ward, Rowell, Maginess, Pickett (Bytel, McHenry)

Grundy, Lycett (Cameron)

Whitfield, Smith, Ebert, Bonar, Townsend, Flanders (King, Rankine)

UTL Bianco

February 16, 2020 at 2:13 pm

I like Dunkley more than Treloar, and Jacobs and ROB should do better than Lycett

JG

February 14, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Would love some feedback – Not too experienced so any tips would be great.
    I am worried I have gone for too many of the more expensive options. Bench is full of 170k placeholders
    My thought process is that by getting the better players in now I save myself having to upgrade to them later

Def: Lloyd, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould
    Mid: Dunkley, Coniglio, Rockcliff, Mitchell, Selwood, Rowell, Bennell, Bytel
    Ruck: Grundy, Lycett
    Fwd: Whitfield, Martin, Walters, Patton, Cockatoo, King

56K left over, Bennell subject to change if not playing.

Thanks!

February 14, 2020 at 2:52 pm

DEF – solid same as mine except i went Houli over Llyod as he seemed to drop off in later part of last year his role seemed to change so wary of full price that said i guess Houli is full price too.
      MID – Bennell i suspect is a place holder and if fit i agree so no issues. Solid dunks and cogs, Rocky is interesting with no Wines so i like that. Selwood agree with old mate hes injured but you can change to a ward pocket some cash or use some cash for Hannerbery or Gibbs all are similar hopes.

RUCK – i like it Lycett is all the buz listening to traders pod cast.

FWDs – Bit risky with that many mid priced players IMO, all should at least hold their value and not lose you money but will they all generate cash?

I like this though is good team with some PODS

February 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm

as to if you have paid up for too many big names lets analyse based on keepers. First nubmer is premo based on price, second is mid pricer, third is rookie lets look at your structure is only IMO

DEF – 1/3/2 now interesting i have named doc and houston as mid prices based on $, however both could be keepers, Roy does not list Houston as year end best 6 https://dreamteamtalk.com/2020/02/04/roys-rolling-22-pre-season-ii/

so its really 2/2/2 so 4 upgrades

MID 3/2/3 im counting Titch as mid priced, roys 22 counts him as top 8 but not rocky and i actually counted rocky as premo priced as hes not mid, so really you have 2 keeprs with 6 upgrades required but you are backing the rock to get back to his best i get it

RUCK 1/1/0 solid with only one potential upgrade

FWD – 2/3/1 now roy lists Walters as top 6 so you have 3 keepers here so 3 upgrades

overall 14 upgrades required to be top 22 players

hope that helps

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:37 pm

Solid, decent structure, the only player you have who I would rule out for my team is Patton but even he makes some sense as cover if you also have DPP on your ruck bench. Seems to me your lack of experience won’t stop you doing well.

JG

February 14, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Great insight from everyone.
        Thanks for the help!

February 16, 2020 at 2:18 pm

I prefer Laird over Lloyd, which should get you enough to upgrade Lycett to ROB (Reilly O’Brien), I prefer Ward over Selwood.

Vicwood

February 14, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Selwood still has injury to overcome.

And the General, his role during the pre season will give you better understanding if he is value or not.

Good Luck

Ryno

February 14, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Lads, lads, lads. How are we? Keen to see some Zooper Dooper’s next week!

Can I grab a few thoughts on my team? I feel like I have a good balance of POD and vanilla but love some alternative views!

Remaining: 39k
    DEF: Laird, Houston, Doc, Roberton, Young, Gould (Starcevich, McLennan)
    MID: Dunkley, Fyfe, Cripps, Adams, Titch, Rowell, Stephens, Pickett (McHenry, Collier-Dawkins)
    RUC: Grundy, ROB (Draper)
    FWD: Whit, D. Smith, Brayshaw, Bonar, Townsend, Sturt (Rankine, King)
    UTL: McInerney

Cheers Fellas, bring on 2020

February 16, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Not sure about Adams, noticed no Ward/Selwood/Gibbs I’d go Adams to one of them, then Fyfe to Macrae.

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 3:56 pm

Soooooo have noticed everyone seems to be off Gawn, why is this? He should be fine for r1 according to various articles and is easily still the second best ruck option, maybe the second best ever behind Grundy who is a complete freak. Ive still got the Grundy Gawn combo and sought value elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong, Grundy + Gawn is a lock for me and being pretty unique suits me fine, just curious is all.

PK

February 14, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Theres a few players that in my opinion are under priced by 10 points or more (ROB, Lycett, Jacobs). Plan would be to run one of these guys and upgrade to Gawn towards the byes. Gawns injury is a worry, especially if he gets off to a slow start.

You never know ROB or Lycett could average 105+, very optimistic prediction though..

Vicwood

February 15, 2020 at 1:06 pm

If you have any doubts as to Grundy and Gawn. Look at their numbers last year, and then the year before. Both are aerobic beasts. Dont even understand why this is a talking point.If Gawn laces up the boots for round 1 he is a lock. There is so much value on other lines.

Good Luck.

T.Kelly
    Cripps
    Danger
    Yeo

PowerAde

February 14, 2020 at 4:34 pm

i cannot decide out of the top three, they are on another level. would look at the draw and check on who has the easiest first three games.

Nick

February 14, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Macrae 115-120
      Kelly 115-120
      Treloar 108-113
      Taranto 105-110
      Gaff 107-112
      T.Kelly 100-105
      Cripps 100-105
      Danger 110-115
      Yeo 100-105

Based off that, and factoring in durability, I’d go Macrae and Danger

Take it you’ve already got Dunkley? Because I see him around 120 this year and a top 3 mid

Squid

February 14, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Hold the phone. Is that Jamie Cripps or Patrick Cripps. Thank both will go 110 plus this year.

Kyle_Lowry’s_Caboose

February 14, 2020 at 4:49 pm

DEF: Laird, Houston, Doch, Roberton, Young, Gould (Starcevich, McLennan)
    MID: Macrae, Dunkley, Oliver, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Serong, Pickett (McHenry, Valente)
    RUC: Grundy, Sauce (Cameron)
    FWD: Whitfield, Dusty, Brayshaw, Flanders, Townsend, Rankine (Cavarra, King)
    UTL: Bytel

$147k Remaining

February 16, 2020 at 2:24 pm

Oliver to Danger

shiraz

February 14, 2020 at 5:31 pm

lipinski in as FWD 3 or Z williams DEF 1?

February 16, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Neither

Richo

February 14, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Gaff or danger

February 16, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Danger

Victor

February 14, 2020 at 7:14 pm

5CCZYEUS. League code to join

DEF Laird, Houston, Doch, Young, Gould, Starcevich (McLennan, Goddard)
    MID Macrae, Treloar, Cripps, Cogs, Mitchell, Towell, Pickett (Stephens, Bytel)
    RUC Grundy, Jacobs (Meek)
    FWD Whitfield, Dusty, Smith, Cockatoo, Cavarra, Rankine (Townsend, King)
    UTL: Cameron
    $31,000 in the bank

Thoughts and any improvements needed

SouvLarkey

February 14, 2020 at 11:38 pm

no midpricers is brave
      analysing past winners they have all been successful at nailing that undervalued player
      I feel like a set up like this leads to trading premo’s to that midpricer that is generating cash and then you’ve wasted a trade by flipping a premium.
      Guns and Rooks has been effective in the past but I don’t feel to the same degree over recent years

Victor

February 15, 2020 at 1:50 am

The mid-price madness is the way to go now.

Cheeks

February 14, 2020 at 8:17 pm

DEF: Houston, Clark, doc, Roberton, ash, young (Gould, starcevich)
    MID: Macrae, Treloar, Oliver, titch, ward, Rowell, Robertson, Pickett (McHenry, serong)
    RUCK: grundy, Rob (Cameron)
    FWD: Whitfield, Martin, Brayshaw, Townsend, Flanders, Rankine( king, Ross)
    UTL: mead

108k left

February 16, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Get off Ash, He will play 10 games at most, I’d go Treloar to Dunkley and Oliver to Danger/Cogs

tm37

February 14, 2020 at 8:35 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould (McLennan, Goddard)
    MID: Macrae, Treloar, Cripps, Mitchell, Ward, Rowell, Anderson, Pickett (McHenry, Bytel)
    RUCK: Grundy, ROB (Draper)
    FWD: Whitfield, Dawson, Greenwood, Jones, Townsend, Cockatoo (King, Rankine)
    UTL: Starcevich
    Cash: $1k
    Thoughts on my team and improvements before Marsh cup, did hear rumors that Ward and Cockatoo might not be right for round 1

February 16, 2020 at 2:29 pm

Go Treloar to Dunkley, Lloyd to Laird/Houli (Laird for me)

BigDieselDozers

February 14, 2020 at 9:25 pm

DEF: Sicily, Docherty, Cerra, Roberton, Young, Gould (Thompson, Ling)
    MID: Treloar, Coniglio, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Mitchell, Bonar, Rowell, Pickett (McHenry, Valente)
    RUC: Grundy, Natinui (Cameron/Draper)
    FWD: Whitfield, D Martin, J Martin, Brayshaw, Townsend, Cockatoo (King, Rankine)
    UTL: Bytel

Rookies subject to change pending Marsh Cup results. Chasing some value with what i believe are a couple of underpriced players as well.

Thoughts appreciated
    Thanks

February 16, 2020 at 2:32 pm

I’d try fit Houston in there, I like Macrae more than Treloar, and Nic Nat’s far to risky,

HK

February 14, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Pick 1

Dusty
    Jack steven
    Jack Martin
    Brodie Smith
    Blakely

February 16, 2020 at 2:34 pm

Dusty or Smith

BigDieselDozer

February 14, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Dusty given his early season fixture

Gibbs

February 14, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Best combo

1. Jack Steven, Jacob Dawson, Stephen hill and Rankin
    Or
    2. Dusty, Stephen hill, Patton and townsend?

1 or 2

SouvLarkey

February 14, 2020 at 11:32 pm

But I’m not on the Townsend hype, I see him going 50s at best.

Vicwood

February 15, 2020 at 1:08 pm

And if he lines up in the square as an inside mid.? Will this change you mind.

Squid

February 15, 2020 at 2:47 pm

It will for me, if he really does get the role lock and load for 80 odd average but is wait and see for now.

February 16, 2020 at 2:33 pm